Building Equipment Inspector Job Description Sample
Building Inspector III - Must Be A Florida Licensed Building Inspector
The salary range including Recruitment & Retention Pay is $67,073.00 - $87,769.00
The City of Fort Lauderdale is seeking dynamic and goal-driven employees. Employees that are motivated to take on today's greatest challenges and rewards in the field of local public service. Employees who are passionate about making a difference and achieving our mission: We Build Community, in a fast-paced organization that operates by vision, strategy, and action. Would you fit in? Apply now.
The Building Services Division of the Department of Sustainable Development is seeking a Building Inspector III. This is responsible administrative work planning, scheduling and assigning daily construction inspections, field inspection work securing compliance with City of Fort Lauderdale Ordinances, the South Florida Building Code, and other County, State and Federal regulations, and building plans review and examination work to determine whether plans, specifications, and materials conform to legally established requirements.
An employee in this class is responsible for assisting in planning, organizing, and directing a coordinated building inspection program. The employee develops and updates programs, policies, work methods, and procedures necessary for the effective and efficient operation of construction inspections. The employee in this class will inspect buildings and other structures, land use and land or building development or modification for structural conformance and for conformity with zoning rules and regulations effective in the City. The employee also reviews in detail plans and specifications of proposed building construction prior to the issuance of building permits. An employee in this class works under the direction of an administrative superior and must exercise considerable initiative and independent judgment in the performance of work assignments. Work is reviewed through periodic conferences, reports, and direct observation of results achieved.
NOTE: The duties of this position will include all of those duties set forth in the official job description.
This job classification is included within the bargaining unit represented by Teamsters Local Union 769 and therefore is subject to the terms and conditions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the City of Fort Lauderdale and Teamsters Local Union 769.
The City offers a wide variety of benefits to their employees. In addition to the competitive benefits package and salary, the City offers 401(a) participation with a 9% City contribution and no employee match!!
Must be in possession of a Building Inspector's License AND a Structural Plans Examiner's License from the State of Florida.
Must have a minimum of 2 years experience as a Building Inspector.
Must have 2 years experience in Broward or Miami-Dade Counties (High Velocity Hurricane Zone HVHZ).
These requirements are mandatory and not negotiable. Please do not apply unless you meet this criteria. Thank you.
NOTE: Required certifications/licenses must be kept current to continue employment in this class.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at
Please note: This position will remain open until enough qualified applications have been received.
Residential Building Inspector - Phoenix
Pacific InterWest Building Consultants, Inc. is seeking a building inspector to join our Phoenix Division team!
Founded in 1995, Pacific InterWest has been engaged in the practice of risk management through architectural peer reviews and third party course of construction inspections throughout the west coast. With operations in Northern California, Southern California, Oregon, Arizona, Nevada and Washington, our team of professionals works with many of the top builder/developers in the country. Pacific InterWest is currently adding new clients in existing regions and expanding into new geographic markets. For more information about our company, please visit our website at www.pacificinterwest.com.
• Our inspectors must be able to work independently, setting their own schedules while meeting the needs of our clients.
• Inspections are performed using our own custom database software (web-based) on a laptop or tablet. Field reports are automatically generated and emailed to the project site superintendent regarding relevant conditions of completed or the “in process” work of project subcontractors. Reports may also be reviewed by project managers, directors of construction, and legal counsel. On occasion, a special inspection may be performed and a field report may be prepared using a template in Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word or Excel.
• Site inspections require the ability to view all the pertinent areas of buildings under construction. Inspections may require, but are not limited to, walking, climbing scaffolding and tall ladders, and the ability to access and inspect roof areas.
• The inspector must be able to work constructively with the superintendent, trade workers, suppliers, manufacturers’ representatives, design professionals, and developer management to achieve the best possible field results.
• The inspector must be able to read, understand, and interpret architectural and engineering drawings and details of wood framed construction projects. The ability to review project drawings for missing or poor details of window installation, water intrusion, sound transmission, fire related issues, roof structures, and other high-risk areas is critical to the proper performance of the job.
• The inspector must be able to clearly communicate, in writing and verbally, with project team members and company management about relevant construction systems and processes.
• The inspector shall be knowledgeable of code requirements, regional trade practices, and manufacturers’ installation requirements for common materials. The inspector must be able to identify correct, or incorrect, installation methods in the field with special emphasis on the weather envelope. A clear understanding of the component products and installation of stucco, lath, windows, doors, decks/balconies, flashing, and roofs is essential.
• Current ICC certification, at minimum, as a residential building inspector (B1);
• 5 years of multifamily residential construction experience;
• Strong knowledge of the CRC 2013 and CBC 2013;
• Reliable transportation, this position requires daily travel to and from our client’s job sites.
Pacific InterWest offers a highly competitive compensation package for our Independent Contractors!
Building Inspector - Unbeatable Work/Life Balance
Unbeatable Work/Life Balance Building Inspector
Unbeatable Work/Life Balance
Residential Construction Experience, Framing, ICC Certifications, Energy Testing Certifications, Plumbing, Time Management Skills, Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills My client is actively looking for a Building Inspector/Construction Consultant with at least 3+ years of construction/building/inspection experience. This is a very progressive company that truly values its employees and they maintain a very healthy work/life balance. They also help all of their employees by providing training for certifications and even covering the cost of all new certifications and renewals. They also offer excellent benefits. They have been a steady, stable, and growing Construction Consulting firm for over 30 years. This is a great career opportunity to get into a firm that takes care of its people and will offer career growth opportunities.
Top Reasons to Work with Us
Comprehensive Medical/Dental Benefits
401(k) Plan with Company Match
Long Term Disability
What You Will Be Doing - Inspections, consulting, reporting and tracking as the Division President directs
Responsible for various field operations (accuracy of reports and field instruction to clients)
Familiar with foundation set-up, pre-pour inspections, slab post-pour inspections, checking the level of slabs
Apply knowledge of loads, span tables, best practices and punch-out requirements
Walk on the roof as clients needs dictate
Be able to confidently climb a ladder to a second story roof, perform the inspection, and climb down the ladder
Must be capable of negotiating other tight spaces to perform inspections
Possess a strong attitude of what constitutes the quality of a completed home
Maintain strong organizational and time management skills to handle all office and field operations
Effectively speak with client field personnel as well as office staff
Must have the ability to evaluate and train superintendents in the field and future potential coworkers
Final stage inspections including an excellent working knowledge of appliances, plumbing, HVAC, roof, foundation, drainage, and electrical
What You Need for this Position At Least 3 Years of experience and knowledge of:
Energy Testing Certifications What's In It for You
Competitive Industry Compensation
Opportunities for Commission
Covered Costs for Certifications
Generous PTO policies If you are a qualified candidate with the requisite experience, you should apply ASAP. Additionally, you can email your qualifications AND resume in MS Word format directly to Christian@CyberCoders.com Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Unbeatable Work/Life Balance* TX-DallasCC5-1416505
Building Inspector at Engineering and Testing Services Corp Date Posted: 11/3/2017 Apply Not ready to Apply? Job Description DEFINITION To perform inspections of buildings and structures in all stages of construction and accurately document the results of the inspection; to review various building, construction, improvement, repair and related building plans and specifications with applicable building, residential, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, fire, energy, green building standards and housing codes; and to do related work as required. DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS EXAMPLES OF DUTIES - Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Provide training to new and existing inspection staff to ensure uniform application of appropriate codes, rules, and regulations;
Perform on-site inspections for industrial, commercial and residential buildings and structures for various stages of construction and remodeling to assure compliance with approved plans, specifications, and applicable codes and regulations of the City, County, State, and Federal agencies;
Issue correction notices and notice of violations and monitor compliance with the corrective measures;
Complete and maintain a variety of records, reports, documents and correspondence;
Inspect air conditioning, plumbing, mechanical and routine electrical systems;
Assure proper and safe installations of routine and complex building systems;
Perform Plan Check review of construction drawings, basic calculations, reports and specifications for compliance with the applicable California Code of Regulations and prepare written responses as necessary;
Provide information by telephone, email and at the Public Counter in response to questions regarding building codes and ordinances, building permit application process and procedures;
Approve and issue less complicated non-structural plan checks over the counter;
Confer with developers, contractors, architects, engineers, and the general public to explain building code requirements and answer questions;
Explain and interpret requirements and restrictions;
Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees and the public using principles of quality customer service;
Perform related duties as assigned. Job Requirements MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Knowledge of:
General provisions of the building related codes and ordinances enforceable by the City, including the California Building Code, Residential Code, Plumbing, Electrical, Mechanical, Fire, Energy and Green Building Standards Code;
Accepted safety standards and methods of building construction;
Principles, practices and procedures in the construction trades, including carpentry, plumbing, mechanical, electrical and heating/air-conditioning;
Principles and techniques of building inspection duties.
Legal procedures involved in the enforcement of building codes and ordinances. Ability to:
Read and interpret construction plans and specifications and to enforce their application;
Keep records and prepare reports;
Learn and apply specific provisions of applicable codes, ordinances and regulations enforced by the City;
Perform inspections by applying technical knowledge and following proper inspection techniques to examine workmanship and materials, and detect deviations from plans, regulations and standard construction practices;
Make arithmetical computations rapidly and accurately;
Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing;
Use Windows, Excel, PowerPoint and Word; Permitting/Inspection software and other job related computer programs.
On a continuous basis, know and understand aspects of the job; and explain codes, regulations, and procedures to contractors, developers, the general public, representatives of other public agencies, and other City staff;
Work at indoor and outdoor construction sites at different heights and in confined spaces. Walk on uneven surfaces, climb into trenches, and work on ladders;
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Advise on standard construction methods and requirements and building codes and ordinances.
Perform journey level inspections in a variety of specialty trade areas.
Knowledge of current construction standards, codes, and regulations. Experience and Training Any combination of experience and training that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be: Experience: Experience at a journey level in the building trades or building construction and/or experience as a Building Inspector with a local government agency. Training: Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade. License and Certificate Possession of an International Code Council (ICC) certification; Possession of a valid Class C California driver’s license. Apply Not ready to Apply? Share With https://www.jobs.net/jobs/ce-labs/en-us/job/United-States/Building-Inspector/J3S3Y8781W0NWC2TW8W/ Building Inspector Job Snapshot
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: San Ramon, CA
Job Type: Construction
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 11/3/2017 About Us For over 35 years, Consolidated Engineering Laboratories (CEL) has built a distinguished history and an impeccable record providing quality assurance, material testing and special inspection, and geotechnical engineering for many of the landmark projects that have been constructed in the western United States. We are a company built upon a solid foundation of our core principles, which drive each of our employees to achieve to a higher standard; not only for CEL but for the entire industry. CEL has evolved into full-service materials engineering company providing specialized advanced engineering materials consultation and research and development. From foundation design and environmental remediation through our affiliate, Geosphere Consultants, CEL draws on its solid engineering strength and background to help solve problems for public agencies, private developers and contractors and engineers to help facilitate construction projects throughout the western United States. Our facilities are strategically located in northern California, Hawaii, and Utah. Our 270 employees are driven to call you by that most esteemed of titles, CLIENT.
Seeking qualified Commercial, Mechanical and Electrical Building Inspectors in the Council Bluffs, Iowa region. Position requires ICC Certifications or equivalent, or the ability to to obtain ICC Certifications in the relevant disciplines within 90 days of employment. Preference for commercial and industrial construction backgrounds with experience working on large scale projects with national contractors.
Multi-Disciplined Building Or Multi-Discipline MEP Senior Inspector
Geotechnical Consultants, Inc. (GCI), is currently seeking a multi-disciplined Building Inspector for a position within the greater Orlando area of Florida but mainly at the Orlando International Airport. Responsibilities include:
- The primary duty of this position will be to perform responsible technical quality assurance inspections for a combination of the following: building foundations and structural framing including CMU, cast in-place concrete, reinforcing steel, shoring/re-shoring, post tension cable, precast/pre-stressed items, build-out of exterior skin and interior space, building finishes, fire safety including fire sprinklers, fire and smoke alarm systems, smoke control systems and fire exits, all building systems, and all mechanical, electrical and plumbing work performed on new and existing commercial and industrial buildings airport wide. This work will involve weekend and night work as necessary.
- Interface with and notify supervisors, contractors, and subordinates of any/all issues which may affect the project.
- Maintain effective relationships with the Owner, Contractors, and the public.
- Review plans, specifications, provisions, submittals, shop drawings, and other controlling documents to ensure contractor compliance with same.
- Monitor daily contractor and subcontractor on-site construction activities.
- Recognize, evaluate, and properly resolve problems or conditions.
- Document any and all daily events affecting the project.
- Inspect materials for conformance with specifications and submittals.
- Photograph, enter / log and maintain observed contractor work into a tracking system.
- Perform and/or coordinate the testing of materials and work.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Project Manager.
Perform structural inspections regarding the following structural elements: CMU, cast in-place concrete, reinforcing steel, shoring/re-shoring, post tension cable, precast/prestress members.
- Minimum of 5 years of on-the-job inspection experience in large scale commercial projects. Any combination of Plan Review (PX) or Commercial Building Inspection (BN) is acceptable.
- Any combination of Florida Building Code Administrators and Inspectors Board (B.C.A.I.) certifications in Standard, Building, Mechanical, Electrical, and/or Plumbing.
Hourly Wage depending upon qualifications.
IMPORTANT: Must have a valid driver’s license be able to obtain airport security badge.
Please provide a list of inspection projects with your application.
The principals and staff members of GCI have extensive involvement and experience as project engineers and/or managers in a variety of design studies and/or the construction of buildings, airports and airfields, bridges and roadways, stormwater management projects, water and wastewater/reclaimed water projects as well as rail system projects worldwide.
Manager Of Code Inspections / Senior Building Inspector (Mep)
NOVA Engineering and Environmental, LLC is seeking a multi-disciplined Building Code Inspector to manage and grow our municipal support group for our Fort Myers office. This person will perform building code inspection duties (building, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing--as licensed). Our inspectors conduct multiple disciplined inspections on residential and commercial buildings, as well as provide daily project management as such relates to these types of code inspections. Some travel may be required for inspections and/or managing projects in the assigned area.
- Code Enforcement and/or Quality Control inspections
- Prepare written and electronic reports and issue notices of correction
- Explain and interpret building code and/or quality control regulations or requirements
- Recognize, evaluate and properly resolve unique problems or situations
- Maintain effective customer service relationship with clients and the public
- Assist the inspection management team with business development
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Manager
Minimum Qualifications and Education:
- Florida State Licensed Inspector certification (BN#) in two or more of the following disciplines: Building, Mechanical, Electrical, and/or Plumbing
- 5+ Years’ experience performing multi-discipline building and MEP inspections
- High School diploma or equivalent education; Associates or Bachelors degree preferred
- Valid State Driver’s license with “clean” driving record
- Licensed by the State of Florida FS 468
In addition to our traditional Environmental, Geotechnical Engineering, and CMT consulting services, NOVA also provides Building Envelope, Roof Consulting, and Structural / Forensics Engineering services that include condition assessments, design development review, failure analysis, as well as building envelope/roofing testing and inspection services during construction and/or rehabilitation.
NOVA has also expanded to provide industry leadership in building code compliance services that include: Municipal and Government Outsourcing, Loss Prevention, Construction Defect Mitigation, state of Florida Private ProviderTM and HUD Inspection services. Our professional staff includes experienced ICC certified plans examiners and inspectors, building officials, and engineers that can help you maintain the building standards of your community.
Currently, NOVA employs over 350 personnel located in 14 offices. Our professional staff consists of registered engineers, geologists, scientists, ICC inspectors, certified inspectors for housing and urban development, building officials, laboratory specialists, NICET and ACI-certified technicians, AWS-certified welding inspectors, and specialty consultants.
Senior Building Inspector
SENIOR BUILDING INSPECTOR Salary $56,576.00 - $87,776.00 Annually Location Clark County - Las Vegas, NV Job Type PERMANENT Department Building & Fire Prevention Bureau Job Number 13206 Closing Continuous
Questions ABOUT THE POSITION The Senior Building Inspector position performs a variety of professional commercial, industrial, residential building and safety inspection of new and existing properties for compliance with codes and regulations. The successful candidate will start at the minimum of the salary range.
This examination will establish an Open Competitive and Promotional list to fill current and/or future vacancies that may occur within the next six (6) months or may be extended as needed by the Office of Human Resources. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS Education and Experience: Equivalent to two (2) years of college course work in construction inspection or technology, pre-engineering or a field related to the work or completion of a recognized apprenticeship in a recognized trade AND two (2) years performing full-time professional level building inspections in the area of expertise and attainment of the required additional certification.
Additional full-time experience as outlined above may be substituted for the education on a year-for-year basis. Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see attached resume" on your application.
Licensing and Certification: Must possess a valid Nevada Class C Driver's License at time of appointment. Must possess a valid ICC or other nationally recognized inspection certificate as a combination inspector AND possession of one of the following specialty certificates: building, mechanical, electrical or plumbing at time of appointment.
Background Investigation: Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation. Periodically after employment background investigations may be conducted.
Medical Examination: Employment is contingent upon the results of a physical examination performed by our examining physician. Pre-Employment Drug Testing:
Employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug examination. EXAMPLES OF DUTIES Inspects new and existing industrial, commercial and/or residential properties, and/or other building and construction for conformance to codes, regulations, plans, specifications and standards; depending upon level of certification and expertise, may perform several types of inspections on one facility at one time. Confers with and provides information to developers, engineers, architects, property owners and others regarding code requirements and alternatives and County policies and procedures wherever possible, resolves complaints and problems.
Investigates complaints of existing buildings to determine appropriate usage and if hazardous or life safety conditions exist. Reviews plans and specifications for buildings and related construction involving installation, remodeling, replacement and repair for use in performance of inspections. Documents and maintains accurate records of inspections, actions taken and regulatory efforts; prepares written reports and correspondence and issues notices to correct code violations.
Works with District Attorney staff to prepare cases of violations; testifies in court as required. Oversees and provides quality assurance inspections for all contract inspection work performed for the County; may oversee a specified program area. Develops and maintains knowledge of construction technology, methods and materials; updates code knowledge through regular training sessions.
Develops and conducts training programs for less experienced inspectors in area(s) of expertise. Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team. Uses a variety of standard office equipment, including a computer, in the course of the work; drives a personal or County motor vehicle to inspect sites and attend meetings.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS Mobility to work in a typical office setting, use standard office equipment and to drive a motor vehicle to various locations in order to inspect properties and attend meetings; strength and stamina to inspect various residential, commercial or industrial properties or other facilities which may include standing for extended periods of time, stooping, kneeling and walking on uneven terrain at construction sites, climbing ladders, scaffoldings and stairs; strength to lift and carry up to 30 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone. Accommodation may be made for some of these physical demands for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodation. Clark County offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Comprehensive Group Health Insurance Plan
Disability Insurance & Long Term Disability Insurance
Credit Union Eligibility
Nevada has no State Income Tax CLARK COUNTY, NEVADA IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/ EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Building Inspector Housing Home Inspector Maintenance
Premium Properties & Development (www.premiumpd.com), established in 2002, is a full service property management and real estate investment & development firm. Currently, we manage over 800 (mostly residential) units in the Berkeley and Oakland areas.
We are currently seeking to hire a full time experienced Housing Inspector to fill the open position. The job includes inspecting the buildings daily, monthly and all individual units annually to comply with the residential housing safety program, identify deferred maintenance, code violations and health and safety issues. The position will also help identify and develop solutions to solve complex maintenance problems.
Working much of the time out in the field, the position conducts both simple and in-depth inspections of the structures and all their components from building envelop, drainage, utilities, systems and components, ect.
To qualify, you must possess two years of journey level experience as a building or housing inspector or four (4) years of experience in sub-journey level building or housing inspection activities, or such as a housing inspector or have certifications a recognized professional trade association such as ASHI, CREIA, NHIA, ICC. or have 10 years as a general contractor.
• CA Driver's License, smart phone and a working and reliable Vehicle. (We provide monthly reimbursement) and must live in the general vicinity.
• Minimum of 3 years' experience "hands on" construction background. Extra consideration to those with multi-trade experience such as a general contractor.
• Candidates with Inspection certification from a recognized professional trade association such as ASHI, CREIA, NHIA, ICC.
• Basic proficiency with a variety of computer interfaces and software including word processing, databases, internet and email.
• Good written and verbal skills; interpersonal skills relating to customer service are necessary.
• Possessing a full range of physical abilities essential for various tasks including but not limited to: climbing ladders, being on roofs, climbing stairs, crawling through tight spaces, bending, kneeling, squatting, lifting up to 50 lbs., pushing, pulling, carrying, and or driving.
• Applicants will be required to submit to a background check; no felony convictions as each applicant must be bondable. Ability to pass drug test screening.
• Candidates should be motivated, self-starting, energetic, and organized with excellent written and spoken communication skills.
Ideal Candidates Will Possess:
• Investigative inspection and documentation skills.
• Knowledge of construction methods and techniques, and building codes
• Experience accurately creating, reviewing, and maintaining records and reports
• Strong customer service/resident relation skills, friendly and helpful, even with difficult people.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to communicate in a positive and professional manner, with management, residents, employees and vendors.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to work in a sometimes hectic, always fast paced working environment, handle multiple competing priorities tasks and meet assigned deadlines with little supervision.
Compensation & Hours:
This is a long-term career position, the hours for this position are Full-Time, Monday through Friday, 9:00pm-6:00pm. As a valued employee, you will be entitled to full benefits package including, medical, and dental, 401K with employer match, vacation, and holidays.
To Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to attention: Housing Inspection Position. PLEASE NO ATTACHMENTS TO EMAILS. PLEASE EMBED YOUR APPLICATION INTO THE EMAIL. ANY EMAILS WITH ATTACHMENTS WILL BE DELETED. . . SORRY!
Construction - Building Inspector / Energy Tester / Plumbing
Min. 3 years residential construction experience. Prefer, in addition, ICC (International Code Council) IRC (International Residential Code) combination and/or IBC (Building Code) certified inspectors and plans examiners, residential and/or commercial. Licensed Texas State Plumbing Inspector highly desireable. Additional certifications desirable. TREC licensed Real Estate or Professional Inspector. Energy Testing Technicians or Energy Raters. Mold Assessor Consultant or Technician. Inspecting for IRC code compliance in new construction in the Austin and possibly San Antonio areas. Also, Energy Testing (Duct Leakage, Blower Door) and rating for RESNET or Energy Star. Perform mold tests/assessments. Other licenses and certifications a plus.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!