Building Maintenance Supervisor Job Description Sample
Building Maintenance Supervisor
Building Maintenance Supervisor
Responsible for all daily routine maintenance of large apartment community. Perform general and advanced maintenance duties, maintain mechanical equipment, heating and air-conditioning equipment. Attends to work orders/resident service requests/breakdowns, must be able to trouble shoot and make repairs. Typical duties include apartment turns, light landscaping, preventative rodding, operation of steam boilers, managing basic plumbing, electrical, appliance repairs, snow removal. Schedule and assign duties to maintenance staff report to property manager.
Weekends, emergency on-call, and holiday work required. Must have reliable transportation valid driver’s license and own hand tools. Must be able to speak, read and write English. Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with residents and staff.
Must have snow plow experience.
Supervisor experience preferred /willing to consider experienced lead technician.
Building Maintenance Supervisor M13
Position Summary Supervise, plan and coordinate building and grounds maintenance activities and operations within departmental facilities; coordinate assigned activities with other divisions, outside agencies and the general public and provide highly responsible and complex staff assistance to higher level supervisory or management staff. Job descriptions are intended to present a general list of tasks/duties performed by employees within this job classification.
Job Descriptions are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job. Minimum Education, Experience And Additional Requirements Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis. Associate's degree from an accredited college or university or two (2) years of college level course work in public administration, business, building maintenance or a related field, plus four (4) years of building or facility maintenance experience to include one (1) year direct supervisory or technical lead experience.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Possession of a valid Driver's License (Class D), or ability to obtain by date of hire. Possession of a City Operator's Permit (COP) within 6 months from date of hire. Preferred Knowledge Operational characteristics, services and activities of a building maintenance program Modern and complex principles and practices of building maintenance Principles and techniques of grounds keeping operational characteristics of various maintenance and grounds keeping equipment Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes and regulations Principles of supervision, training and performance evaluation Principles and procedures of record keeping Mathematical principles and calculations Principles of municipal budget preparation and control Principles of job site safety and the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Preferred Skills & Abilities Supervise, direct and coordinate the work of lower level staff Select, supervise, train and evaluate staff Prepare work orders and assign work to maintenance crews Identify and resolve safety issues encountered during the course of work Interpret and explain City building maintenance policies and procedures Operate office equipment including computers Prepare clear and concise reports Communicate clearly and concisely Perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work including a variety of City and other government officials, community groups, and the general public Oversee and coordinate various building maintenance and grounds keeping activities SDL2017
Roving Maintenance Supervisor (Zone Building Engineer)
2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
The Zone Building Engineer is the senior maintenance supervisor in a property portfolio and works directly with Site Maintenance Technicians and the Portfolio Director on major property repairs, preventative maintenance and capital improvement projects within a portfolio (zone) of properties. This position is responsible for the overall care of the portfolio’s major mechanical equipment, including installations, repairs and inspections. This position also directly supervises maintenance technician(s).
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Oversee the general condition, inspections and repairs to building systems and major mechanical equipment such as boilers and A/C systems, within the assigned portfolio.
- Oversee and perform regular preventative maintenance inspections on facilities and equipment to ensure efficient operation and to minimize downtime and expense.
- Oversee site operating projects, including obtaining bids, selecting vendors and managing project execution
- Manage the portfolio’s inventory of major tools and equipment
- Assign and supervise the work assigned to portfolio Maintenance Technician I’s
- Provide technical advice, training and development to site maintenance team in partnership with corporate training team and portfolio Property Managers
- On an as needed basis, provide site support for open Maintenance Technician positions within the portfolio.
- Will be responsible for on-call support and will respond to emergency calls in a timely manner
- Maintain positive and professional relationships with all co-workers, residents, vendors and the public
- Attend relevant training courses, including ensuring all required certifications are current, share training knowledge with the rest of the maintenance team
- Comply with all safety program requirements and work to promote safety in the workplace
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of 8+ years’ experience as a Maintenance Technician in a residential apartment setting or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience working as a maintenance supervisor or other leadership position
- High School Diploma or GED required; Degree or certification from a college, university or technical school related to Engineering, Maintenance or Building operations preferred.
- Requires a Second Class Boilers License with the ability to upgrade a First Class License within 6 months of hire, EPA Universal Refrigerant Certification and Certified Pool Operators License
- Considerable knowledge and on-the-job experience in the areas of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, refrigeration, appliance repair, building key systems, lawn irrigation systems, and pool and sauna operations
- Must have basic computer literacy skills, including experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Comprehension of federal fair housing laws and any applicable local housing provisions
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously with self-direction.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Must be able to effectively supervise the work of others, including providing constructive feedback, coaching and ongoing training opportunities
- Ability to use tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous manner when dealing with co-workers and the public.
- Excellent decision-making, problem solving, and time management skills
- Fluent in English and proficient in oral and written communication
- Must have reliable transportation and valid state driver’s license and proof of insurance as travel between sites is required.
Must be able to work in a physically demanding environment. Frequent kneeling, lifting, pushing, pulling and moving through-out day. Regular lifting of more than 20 lbs. and frequent lifting of up to 80 lbs. with assistance. May encounter heights, ladders, uneven walking surface, stairs, confined spaces, dust, gas fumes from power equipment and noise. Exposed to external weather conditions, drafts and interior temperature changes. Will regularly handle supplies and tools with sharp edges. Must be able to quickly and easily navigate the property/building as required to meet the job functions, including climbing stairs and walking the hallways and common areas.
Building Maintenance Supervisor
Azteca Milling L.P. has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Supervisor in Henderson, Kentucky.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or equivalent 9 years related maintenance experience · Minimum 5 years of Supervisory Experience preferred · Minimum 3 years of Maintenance experience with Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical and Pneumatics. Brief
With limited supervisionoversee maintenance personnel, maintain Preventive Maintenance (PM) program, work orders, order & receiving parts, & perform
Building Maintenance Supervisor 1
DESCRIPTION Under general supervision at the full performance level, selected candidate directs the upkeep and management of buildings for the correctional facilities. The work is reviewed through visual observation and written reports.
Performs related work as required. This position is designed to help maintain the effective operation of all facility areas, including but not limited to carpentry, electrical plumbing, roofing and other maintenance skills. Make arrangements for additional lighting, heating and ventilating equipment as necessary.
Knowledge of a variety of maintenance trade skills to help maintain the uninterrupted operations of this unique facility. This position will supervise a number of inmate employees on a daily basis. Performs related work as required.
Click The APPLY Link Above To Apply Online. Do not use a paper application unless you cannot apply online. If you must use a paper application due to disability or other valid reason, please call our office (304) 558-3950 for special instructions.
Your eligible score will be based on information provided in your application. If you have previously applied and want to update your name, address or email, do not re-apply. Simply login to your online account and click "My Account." Make changes and Save.
You may not reapply for this position before 90 days. Your application will remain valid for one year. As a condition of employment, an inquiry into job-related information will be completed which may include, but not limited to, criminal records, abuse registry records, driving records, employment history, and education and training.
Failing to cooperate with this process, providing false and incomplete information, or discovery of disqualifying information will result in denial of or dismissal from employment or denial of transfer irrespective of when discovered. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Training: Graduation from a standard high school or equivalent.
Substitution: Additional experience as described below may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education up to four years. Experience: Three years of full-time or equivalent part-time paid employment in general maintenance or construction work on buildings, grounds, or electrical and mechanical equipment, at least one year of which has been in a lead work or supervisory capacity. Substitution: Successful completion of study in an regionally accredited college or university in building trades, or related business or vocational school training may be substituted for the general experience on a year-for-year basis up to two years.
Special Requirement: Specific positions may require certification from a federal EPA approved testing organization as a certified technician required by the Clean Air Act on refrigerant recycling. NOTICE: If you are claiming college or other post-high school education or license, you MUST attach or provide by mail a legible copy of your education transcript, license or training record.
You will not be considered for employment until this verification has been received. To avoid missing a job opportunity, it is important that you provide this verification as soon as possible. You only have to provide this verification one time.
It is not required with every application. Attach documents to the online application, or mail to: Division of Personnel, 1900 Kanawha Blvd E., Charleston, WV 25305. SDL2017
Area Manager - Janitorial - Building Maintenance
Oversee janitorial management in multiple facilities
Manage inventory and supplies for multiple facilities
Meet with clients and facility managers
Perform weekly quality inspections
Hire and train employees on an ongoing basis
Respond to customer concerns in a timely manner
Spanish fluency is a plus
Maintenance Manager - Commercial Building
Maintenance Job Listing:
Industry Leading Office Building Owner / Manager seek a highly skilled maintenance team member to join our maintenance staff in the Fulton Market, Chicago, IL area. Professional and skilled in all or some of the following areas with HVAC, knowledge of BMS systems and supervising vendor’s ie; cleaning staff, being a requirement for the position. HVAC, Carpentry, Light Electrical, Plumbing, Painting. Ability to communicate effectively with tenants, knowledge of equipment, tools and materials used in building maintenance. Willing to assist in emergencies on an as needed basis including emergency calls on non-scheduled hours, troubleshooting skills and some computer skills. OSHA Certification a plus. If this sounds like you please send your resume with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Must submit a full detailed resume to be considered.
Building Engineer / Maintenance Manager
Title: Building Engineer / Maintenance Manager
- Perform complex preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, equipment, and grounds
- Utilizes several trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, locksmith, heating, and cooling.
- Monitors and inspects building systems operation and performance, including Fire & Life Safety Systems, HVAC (Pneumatic Controls) and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is performing per design and achieves environmental conditions prescribed by the client
- Oversees and inspects work performed by outside contractors
- Performs assigned repairs, both emergency and preventative maintenance.
- Creates and maintains maintenance and repair records as required
- Reviews assigned work orders. Estimates time and materials needed to complete repair.
- Orders necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
- Maintains EMS program to ensure measures are taken to operate all systems in the most efficient manner and keep operating costs at a minimum
- Maintains building lighting system, including element and ballast repairs and replacements
- Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Responds quickly to after-hour calls as needed
- Maintains inventory for required operational materials, MSDS sheets, tools, and equipment
- Performs other duties as assigned
- May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance and/or training to coworkers
- May coordinate work and assign tasks
- Knowledge of standby emergency systems, including fire/life safety, diesel generators, UPS systems, surge suppression equipment and power-distribution units strongly preferred
Bhjob_ Building Maintenance
Full time first shift Maintenance Mechanic Assistant position. This is a temp to hire position paying $10.00 - $15.00 an hour. The maintenance assistant will report to the Property Manager or Maintenance Supervisor and is responsible for organizing and completion of physical work related to the maintenance and improvement of assigned properties.
- Performs maintenance taskes including electrical, plumbing,carpentry, general repair, vacancy preparation, preventative maintenance and relatied disciplines.
- Performs routine repairs and preventive maintenance to systems and equipment, including HVAC equipment.
- Performs grounds care tasks including mowing, edging, trimming, fertilization, planting and transplanting as needed.
- Manages and organizes assigned work order efficiently.
- Knowledge of basic maintenance techniques and skilled trades to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to correctly use a wide array of tools and equipment related to building maintenance or grounds care.
- Ability to work in less than ideal conditions including noise, high traffic aras, rough terrain and undeveloped areas.
- Minimum educationrequirement: High School diploma. Certification in a related trade is preferred
- Three years experience in maintaining multifamily rental property.
Commercial Building Engineer/ Maintenance Technician
CBRE|Richmond is seeking a qualified Commercial Building Engineer in the Atlanta Georgia area to perform general maintenance and housekeeping duties for buildings utilizing one or more of the following trade skills and general labor practices; carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs day-to-day repairs, emergency maintenance, and preventive maintenance on all assigned properties or accounts including daily housekeeping chores.
Receives and completes work orders for corrective repair work on a variety of building physical structures, equipment, and system components in a timely manner as assigned.
Orders necessary materials in order to complete all required repairs, within limits set by the Property Manager.
Completes all required paperwork within established deadlines to closeout work orders.
Maintains and renews any required trade certifications and licenses.
Periodically meets with the assigned Property Manager to ensure that all aspects of required or requested maintenance work are achieving the goals and objectives established to maintain the property.
Ensures that requests for work that exceed routine day to day repairs or maintenance, is properly referred and routed to the Maintenance Supervisor for review.
Promptly reports unusual events or conditions discovered on assigned properties to the Property Manager.
Performs work in accordance with all Federal and State OSHA guidelines and requirements.
Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders and ability to lift / carry heavy loads of 50 lbs. or more.
A current, non-suspended, driver’s license is required as a condition of initial employment as well as continued employment status.
Must use personal vehicle and be responsible for 24/7 vehicle readiness as a part of the maintenance position.
Must use personal tools for basic maintenance repairs.
Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Minimum of 5 years commercial building maintenance related experience and/or training.
Familiarity with Energy Management Systems required. Certification in one or more of the following is preferred, but not required: electrical, mechanical, HVAC and refrigeration systems, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, painting, plumbing, carpentry or engine repair.
Excellent customer service skills. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor. Ability to solve problems in standard situations.
Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor.
Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations. Requires basic analytical skills.
Entrepreneurial drive; high energy level and exemplary integrity.
Uses personal computer and / or PDA for work order system, email, ESS and training. Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook.
CBRE|Richmond is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!