Bullet Lubricating Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Chemist - Lubricating Greases (Rockton, Illinois, US, 61072)
Req ID: 29162 Lubrizol, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company that combines complex, specialty chemicals to optimize the quality, performance and value of customers' products while reducing their environmental impact. Lubrizol produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets.
These technologies include lubricant additives for engine oils, driveline and other transportation-related fluids, industrial lubricants, and additives for gasoline and diesel fuel. In addition, Lubrizol makes ingredients and additives for home care and personal care products and pharmaceuticals, and specialty materials, including plastics technology and performance coatings in the form of resins and additives. Chemtool Incorporated in Rockton, Illinois is currently recruiting for a Chemist to join the Lubricating Greases team.
The purpose of the position of Chemist, Lubricating Greases is to develop and analyze lubricating greases to meet technical specifications or application requirements. Additional duties include oral and written communication with customers, and end-users concerning product recommendations, product offsets, and other inquiries. Technical approval of raw material sources and production support are also requirements of the position.
Essential Job Functions: All the specific responsibilities listed below relate to the core of the position. This listing is representative, but not necessarily all-inclusive.
Execute projects under the direction of the Research Manager, Lubricating Greases. Learn, become certified, and perform standard test methods applicable to greases. Liaison with the plant for batch sheets and process changes to formulas.
Attend daily production meetings and generate batch sheets. Evaluate new raw materials with regard to performance and net treat costs. Develop and evaluate products to meet technical specifications or the requirements of an application or machine.
Input raw materials, formulas, processes, and quality control instructions into computer system. Write specification sheets and news releases for products. Develop programs and conduct technical training or seminars for customers; provide training in test methods or pilot plant.
Provide technical services to customers including product recommendations, product offsets, and complaint resolution. Respond to customers with written report when appropriate, including resolution reports. Install and maintain test and/or pilot room equipment; manufacture pilot scale batches Maintain accurate records with product names, dates, lot numbers, etc. for all tests performed and pilot batches produced Handle chemicals and hazardous waste in a safe and responsible manner Perform the duties of a technical specialist to support the quality control department.
Work with QC and production to appropriately manage non-conforming materials Calibrate test equipment Use statistical methods to evaluate and troubleshoot tests Travel, as necessary, to meet the responsibilities of the position. Travel is expected to average less than three days per month. Participate at the local level in related technical societies and organizations.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Research Manager, Lubricating Greases Perform work using quality, environmental, safety, and good housekeeping practices Education/Certification: Degree in Chemistry or a related science is required. Experience: 2 to 3 years of relevant experience is required.
Strong interpersonal communication skills (oral/written) Must possess solid work ethic (self-starter and highly motivated). Possess ability to analyze data and related information. Excellent positive professional demeanor Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize tasks and meet required deadlines.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Detail-oriented. Good leadership qualities, takes initiative and has a "can-do" attitude.
Able to function in a team environment, working well with others. Supervisory Responsibility and Reporting: There is no Supervisory responsibility with this role This position reports to the Research Manager, Lubricating Greases.
While headquartered in the United States, Lubrizol is truly a global specialty chemical company. We have a major presence in five global regions and do business in more than 100 countries. Our corporate culture ensures that Lubrizol is one company throughout the world, but you will find each region is a unique place to work, live and play.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. SDL2017
Machine Operator - 2Nd Shift
Transport Dynamics, a division of RBC Bearings, Inc., located in Santa Ana, CA, is the leading manufacturer of self lubricated bearings for aerospace and industrial applications, is currently looking for Machine Operators for our 2nd shift!
To operate a variety of machines in support of the final product.
THIS IS NOT A CNC MACHINEST POSITION
Operates, in the manner instructed, any machine tool to machine parts from all materials on a production basis. The incumbent will change tools as required to maintain the set-up.
Assists in making a set-by by procuring proper tools, making minor adjustments, interpreting process sheets and by following clearly detailed instructions of the supervisor or other machinist designated by the supervisor.
Secures first article inspection as required to verify established set-up and continues to check parts for conformance to production standards during the course of the run. At the completion of the run, the incumbent obtains an inspection buy off before going to the next job.
Uses precision measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers and various gauges to check work after each operation. Incumbent is responsible for plotting accurate charts as required by Quality Control.
Incumbent may move from machine to machine as requested by supervisor.
Uses hand and machine burring tools to burr, finish, or rework parts as required.
Incumbent is responsible for lubricating the machine they are operating, as required, for proper maintenance.
Accountable for cleaning the machine before completing the shift and/or prior to moving on to another machine.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job function. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
Required: Minimum six months experience in a machine shop and/or the equivalent in training in shop practices. 8 hours of HAZWOPER (Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response will be provided along with 2 hours of Hazardous Materials Management.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:Must have the ability to read blueprints and use precision instruments.
Physical and Environmental Elements:
The incumbent generally works indoors where she/he is regularly exposed to moving parts, fumes, or airborne particles. The incumbent is exposed to the risk of electrical shock on a frequent basis due to the machinery operated. On an occasional basis the incumbent is exposed to caustic or toxic chemicals. Due to the machinery in use, the noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
To facilitate the machining process, the incumbent regularly stands, uses hands to finger, handle, or feel; reaches with hands and arms and talks or hears. On occasion, the incumbent is required to walk and climb on a low platform. In addition, the employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The incumbent must remain alert to prevent injury to him or herself and/or the equipment parts.
2Nd Shift Laser Mark Machine Operator
Mancan Temporary Staffing Employment Agency is currently looking for a 2nd Shift Laser Mark Operator.
JOB SUMMARY: Performs entry level laser mark operator work for. Performs laser marking operations using gages, calipers and other measuring equipment to check and ensure part quality. Work is performed under close supervision with minimal latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position. Laser marks products according to customer specifications. Lays out and writes up sequential programming and cutwork for laser mark machines. Inspects finished work pieces to specifications at prescribed intervals using precision measuring tools. Starts up and operates laser programs and laser fixtures. Reports nonconforming materials to Quality department. Notifies the Production Manager if equipment is not operating properly. Completes all documentation required Fulfills required Production and Quality Standards with consistently good output. Keeps work area clean and organized.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or GED; supplemented by some laser marking experience; or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training, and/or experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Knowledge and understanding of ISO 13485 and FDA 21CFR820 as it pertains to the job, on the job training provided Skilled in the use of computer software including but not limited to Microsoft Outlook and Word and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems Skilled in adapting to a changing work environment and competing demands. Skilled in working independently and following through with assignments with minimal direction. Ability to use Computer Aided Design (CAD) or related computer program editing software. Ability to learn to use machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance. Ability to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events. Ability to read and interpret blueprints. Ability to organize work for timely completion. Ability to follow oral and written instructions. Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work. Ability to clearly communicate and understand information in English, both orally and in writing
Personal Protective Equipment
Eye protection in designated areas
Hearing protection in designated areas
Physical Demand Category:
Light Duty Requires lifting 20 pounds maximum, with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
Audio-Visual Requirements and other Demands: Depth Perception Color Discrimination Enrolled in Annual Audiometric Testing Peripheral Vision Hearing (Avg)
Specifications: In a Normal Work Day, this Job may include:
Standing/Walking Sitting Driving 1-4 hours 4-6 hours None
Work Environment: Chemicals Noise Exposure to cutting oil and other lubricating fluids
Repetitive Motions: Simple Grasping Fine Manipulation Finger Dexterity
This job will require: Freq Occas None Freq Occas None
If interested please send resume or apply in person: Mancan Temporary Staffing Employment Agency is located at 3620 Tamiami Trail N. #202, Naples, FL 34103
Applications are taken Monday- Friday from 9-11am and again from 1-3pm.
Please make sure to bring in two forms of unexpired government ids.
Machine Operator - Injection Blow Molding
The Injection Blow Molding Operator position is very “hands-on” and will require making necessary changes and adjustments to the technical blow molding and auxiliary equipment as well as complete mold and color changes. The individualwill be responsible for operating, monitoring, processing and repairing machines to maximize machine efficiency.
RESPONSIBILITIES Include the following, though other duties may be assigned.
· Operate a group of plastic injection stretch blow molding machines and auxiliary equipment producing a container in a safe and high quality method.
· Perform processing of injection and/or blow molding machines to improve machine efficiency and reduce scrap.
· Perform regular lubrication and checks on all equipment, systems, molds and tooling in accordance with preventative maintenance schedules.
· Make frequent on time quality checks on products being produced from established quality standards.
· Identify and troubleshoot malfunctioning machines or equipment and effectively communicate machine operation variations with teammates and management to diagnose problems and complete necessary repairs.
· Maintain documentation as directed.
· Start and stop stretch blow molding and injection molding to produce quality plastic containers.
· Perform routine inspections, cleaning & lubricating and/or tightening of machine assembles per preventative maintenance procedures.
· Perform container inspections using test equipment, statistical quality methods & visual inspection techniques.
· Perform line inspections to verify the packing of defect-free product.
· Pack containers into boxes/cartons at designated production-line speeds according to specifications.
· Safely operate lift trucks to move materials.
· Perform as a responsible team member to maintain a clean, safe, and effective work environment.
· Operate blow molding and injection molding.
· Pull seepage, apply SPC methodologies for initiating machine adjustments, change materials, assist in changeovers and identify start and stop of out-of-spec production (hardware).
· Complete required documentation (Daily completion of log books and operator monitoring).
· Perform sample retention per procedure at required times.
· Machine area kept clean and conforming to 5S standards (Empty trashcans, seepage barrels, scrap bottles on floor, machines wiped down daily, etc.).
· Coordinate team assignments and work flow to insure meeting the daily production plan.
· Arrange learning opportunities for team members to continue their development.
· Provide responsible leadership regarding compliance to policies and provide responsible leadership regarding compliance to policies and standards.
· Identify and root-cause of defects in containers and recommend processing adjustments to eliminate the defect. Trouble shoot mechanical and processing problems.
· Perform color changeovers.
Operator is responsible at all times for their own safety and to assist where qualified with the safety of other team members and contractors. This includes, but is not limited to such things as:
- Follow all safety rules and safe work procedures and ensure they are followed by others working in and around the machinery
- Report and follow up on all injuries and near misses
- Actively participate in safety incident investigations
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping standards and expectations
- Provide leadership and active participation in team safety meetings, discussions, and training opportunities
- Follow all safety procedures such as Lockout/Tag out, Confined Space, PPE, etc.
Operators will ensure that all products adhere to quality conformance and diligence specifications. This includes, but is not limited to such things as:
· Lead by example as a quality advocate
· Provide support, as needed, to correct quality deficiencies, e.g. product or packaging defects
· Ensure all work performed meets quality standards
Productivity and Reliability:
- Provide Operational support in running machines at centerline conditions, standard speeds, etc. to maximize efficiency and productivity
- Assist operators in troubleshooting equipment issues
- Address downtime issues promptly and effectively
- Lead and/or participate with root cause analysis for operating problems including identification of contributing causes for non-operating events; work to eliminate the root cause for continuous improvement
- Troubleshoot mechanical problems by utilizing standardized problem solving techniques, verify proper investigative actions are completed and root cause(s) are quickly identified
- Maintain spares, as needed, to ensure availability for equipment repairs
- Effectively utilize and maintain preventive maintenance and work order completion documentation
- Closely manage costs and eliminate waste (i.e. parts, tools, time, personnel)
- Take the initiative to bring forward and resolve issues
- Continuously strive to reduce inventory requirements by increasing reliability through predictive monitoring, scheduled and preventative maintenance
- Reduce bottlenecks in operations by addressing upcoming production needs and proactively resolving issues prior to scheduled requirements
Equipment and Facility Maintenance
- Technicians will work to maintain the integrity of the facility and operating equipment to ensure on-going safe, reliable operations. This includes such things as:
- Maintaining housekeeping standards.
- Performing basic facility maintenance including repair of lighting, basic HVAC, etc.
- Monitor conditions of equipment by lubrication and vibration analysis.
- Completing maintenance care responsibilities and initiating and assisting in equipment repair as needed.
- Actively learn equipment, processes, and systems
- Participate in organizational improvement teams, e.g. Safety Committee, Quality Improvement, Productivity / Cost Reduction Teams, etc., as assigned on a rotating basis
- Actively share knowledge to train/mentor other team members, including maintenance, QA and operations, to foster team member development, including required safety training control systems, troubleshooting capabilities and other skills as identified
· 3 – 5 years’ experience in a Process, Set-up or Maintenance capacity in a manufacturing environment, plastics experience a plus.
· Advanced mechanical and technical aptitude and the ability to troubleshoot hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and complex mechanical equipment.
· Strong leadership traits.
· Ability to perform and recognize bottle quality and operating efficiency.
· Must know and follow all GMP / ASI / ISO procedures.
· Must be able to work safely and follow safety rules and JSA procedures.
· Must be able to identify and report violations and unsafe conditions to appropriate personnel.
· Must be able to wear protective clothing such as hair net, uniform, safety shoes, gloves, long-sleeved shirt and earplugs.
· Must be able to effectively respond in emergency situations such as fires and accidents.
· Must be able to follow all department procedures and directives.
· All of the above are essential job functions.
· Must own required basic hand tools.
· Preferred candidates will need Nissei, Husky, Automa, and/or SIPA operating
· Must have good math skills. Able to add, subtract, divide, multiply decimals and weigh grams.
· Able to read; must be able to read English text, blueprints. Write, speak and understand English directions/instructions.
· Writing skills required: Must be able to communicate in writing with all levels of organization in English.
· Able to work overtime on any shift on short notice.
· Ability to understand Statistical Process Control charts and data.
· Ability to work all shifts as needed
- High degree of Mechanical Aptitude
- Strong troubleshooting
- Ability to work in a Team environment
- Committed to safety & organizational goals
- A record of stable & continuous employment
- Basic computer literacy with Microsoft Office (including Excel, Outlook)
- Strong service orientation
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability & willingness to work safely & wear PPE as required
- Drive and determination to strive for continuous improvement
- Must be detail-oriented and organized with the ability to multitask and display consistent follow-thru on tasks, assignments, projects, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED, technical or vocational training a plus
- Flexibility to work overtime and alternate schedules
· Due to the proximity of equipment causing electromagnetic fields, technician must be free of prostheses, particularly of a cardiac type (pacemaker) or a metal or similar implant. IntraPac Lawrenceburg cannot offer employment to anyone with these conditions.
· Must be able to perform repetitive bending
· Must be able to lift up to 45 to 70 lbs.
· Possess ability to stand for up to 12 hours, including frequent walking, climbing and use of ladders, bending and twisting at the waist and knees, squatting or kneeling to change rolls, and lifting arms above the head.
· Ability to hear conversation and warning alarms.
· Ability to visually inspect small items (parts of tubes).
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., climb ladders and stairs, kneel, and stand for continuous periods of time
· While performing the duties of this job the employee may be exposed to dust/airborne particles; heights; loud noise & vibrations; mechanical, electrical, and chemical hazards. The noise level for this work environment is usually moderate. The work environment may include moderately hot or cold temperatures.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
· PPE may be required when performing some job functions, such as gloves, a smock, hairnet, safety glasses, etc.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those required to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements, and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. Employees will be evaluated in part based upon the performance of tasks listed in this job description. IntraPac has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either the employee or IntraPac may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Machine Operator - Finish Blade Operator
Albuquerque Asphalt is accepting applications for a Finish Blade Operator
Must be capable of finishing subgrade & base course for parking lots, roadways, and highways.
Minimum 2 years experience is required.
Hourly Rate D.O.E
Machine Operator / CNC Mill And Lathe Operator
1. CNC MILL AND LATHE OPERATOR
Responsible for operating machine tools to produce precision metal parts. Produces small batches or large quantities of metal parts. Ensure products meet precise specifications.Primary responsibilities
- Operate machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to produce metal parts.
- Review electronic or written blueprints or specifications for a job.
- Calculate where to cut or bore.
- Shape steel, aluminum, titanium, plastic, silicon and other materials.
- Determine how fast or slow workpiece is fed into machine.
- Determine how much material to remove.
- Select tools and materials for the job.
- Plan the sequence of cutting and finishing operations.
- Mark the workpiece to show where cuts should be made.
- Position workpiece on the drill press, lathe, or milling machine.
- Monitor and control feed rate and speed.
- Ensure workpiece is properly lubricated and/or cooled.
- Regulate temperature of workpiece.
- Detect problems by listening for specific sounds.
- Adjust cutting speed to compensate for harmonic vibrations.
- Monitor the accuracy of cuts.
- Replace dull cutting tools.
- Check accuracy of work against blueprints and specifications.
- Produce large quantities of parts.
- Determine how automated equipment will cut a part.
- Determine cutting path.
- Concert path, speed, and feed information into set of instructions for machine tool.
- Use manual and computer-controlled machinery.
- Write basic programs.
- Modify programs in response to problems.
Positions available to start immediately.
Apply in person:
5415 N 5th St Philadelphia PA 19120
If interested and meet qualifications CALL OUR RECRUITERS AT 215-224-9700 for more information.
Type: Full-timeJob Type:
Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour
2. MACHINE OPERATOR
On Site Personnel, LLC is seeking for experienced CNC machine operator to work with our gear manufacturing client located near Ivyland, PA
Pay: $12/hr. Hours Mon- Fri. 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Overtime is available
Responsible for operating CNC machine
Deburring parts with grinding wheel
Light assembly and packaging.
2 years of experience working in warehouse environment and operate machine.
Operating CNC experience is a plus
Mechanically inclined and good problem solving ability.
Good Math skills.
Attention to detail and fast learner
High school diploma
Apply in person:
5415 N 5th St Philadelphia PA 19120
If interested and meet qualifications CALL OUR RECRUITERS AT 215-224-9700 for more information.
Salary: $12.00 /hour
At Onsite Personnel, we consistently deliver quality, cost-effective staffing services with a comprehensive screening and training system to provide highly qualified workers for your business. Onsite Personnel takes pride in going the extra step to assure satisfaction of our customers. Our ever-growing client base is a testament to our dedication and hard work.
Concrete Pump Operator / Machine Operator
• Recommend measures to improve productivity/quality
• Requisition materials and supplies
• Resolve work problems
• Set up, loads and unloads machines and equipment
• Train staff in safety consciousness, and policies
• Maintains tools and equipment associated with concrete pumps mounted on trucks, platforms, or separate placing booms
• Experience as a construction worker an asset
• Good communication skills
• Great leadership ability
• Solves problems effectively
• Well organized
$16 - $20 /HR
Since 1975, Central Broward Construction is a full service commercial masonry contractor. CBC works in Dade, Broward, and West Palm Beach counties. CBC owns and operates all of our equipment. We are in need of a dedicated mechanic to keep all equipment SAFE and Fully Functional.
Shot Peening Machine Operator
- Duties Help
Summary Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission
. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: This job provides the opportunity to support the mission of the Corpus Christi Army Depot; which is to overhaul, repair, modify, retrofit, test and modernize helicopters, engines and components for all services and foreign military customers. The Corpus Christi Army Depot (CCAD) is the Army's Center of Industrial and Technical Excellence for Rotary Wing Aviation Maintenance and is the world's largest helicopters overhaul and repair facility. CCAD serves as the depot training base for active duty Army, National Guard, Reserve and foreign military personnel. We also provide worldwide on-site maintenance services, aircraft crash analysis, lubricating oil analysis, and chemical, metallurgical and training support. Positions include those providing support to the maintenance of helicopters in a variety of shops or in an office setting.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
Current Corpus Christi Army Depot employees. * 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army) * Disabled Veteran w/ a Service-Connected Disability, More than 10%, Less than 30% * Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998 Learn more about this agency
Responsible for the operation of one or more Computer Numerical Controlled (CNC) shot peen machines during the repairs of aircraft components.
Operator will run the CNC shot peening equipment to shot peen the part and ensure documentation is maintained within the computer database.
Operator is responsible for interpreting work documents and downloading proper CNC program file for each part and or surface area to be shot peened.
Incumbent will verify CNC program operation by manually operating program and validating with intensity verification.
Operator must install proper holding fixtures and CNC robotic auxiliary tooling for each part.
Travel Required Occasional travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
Supervisory status No
8 ### Who May Apply
This job is open to
… Status Candidates and VEOA Eligibles Questions? This job is open to 2 groups. * #### Job family (Series) 3769 Shot Peening Machine Operating
- Requirements Help
Conditions of Employment
- See other requirements.
* Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
Personnel security investigation is required.
You must be able to obtain and maintain Shot Peening Certification annually.
Qualifications Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience
, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. There is no specific length of training or experience required. However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown in your written application materials that you possess the sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work of this position without more than normal supervision. Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element): Ability to do the work of an Shot Peening Machine Operator without more than normal supervision. Ability to perform common Shot Peening Machine Operator tasks including assisting journeymen shot peen operators to conduct routine maintenance of peening equipment including air hoses, part holding tool, intensity verification fixtures, and sieve screen. Operate Glass Bead Cabinet using compressed air to remove shot fragments from parts.
- Failure to meet this Screen Out Element will result in an ineligible rating.
Ability To Do The Work Of The Position Without More Than Normal Supervision
Ability To Interpret Instructions, Specification, etc. (includes blueprinting reading) * Ability to Perform Work with Dexterity and Safety
Ability To Use and Maintain Tools and Equipment
Knowledge of Metals
Technical Practices (theoretical, precise, artistic) * Use of Measuring Instructions PHYSICAL EFFORT * Duties may require standing, stooping, bending, reaching, and occasional handling of objects weighing up to 35 pounds. Other workers and/or machines are available to assist in physical efforts. WORKING CONDITIONS * Work areas around CNC shot peen machines are usually noisy and entail a risk of injury from flying metal chips, abrasive particles, and shot. There may be danger to extremities of the body from nozzles, robots, turntables, hoses and moving machines.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
This position requires a medical examination.
This position is subject to pre-employment and random drug testing.
This position requires a personnel security background check.
May require overtime, shift work and/or work on rotating shifts to provide coverage on evenings, weekends, holidays and in other situations.
This is a Career Program Position (CP)17.
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
Further certification from this announcement may take place up to 120 days beyond the closing date of this announcement. Read more
How You Will Be Evaluated You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above
. Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website. Read more
Background checks and security clearance
Security clearance Public Trust
- Background Investigation
- Required Documents Help
Required Documents The documents you are required to submit vary based on the authority you are using to apply
(i.e., applying as a veteran, applying as a current permanent Federal employee, applying as a reinstatement, etc). Please review the following links to see which documents you need to provide to prove your eligibility to apply: Applicant Merit Checklist and Proof of Eligibility. As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further. Your resume: * Your resume may be submitted in any format.
If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application will be marked as incomplete and you will not receive consideration for this position.
Proof of Eligibility to Apply:
Your application must include the documents which
prove you are eligible to apply for the vacancy. The Proof of Eligibility document describes authorities commonly used in merit promotion recruitment and what document(s) are required to prove you meet the requirements of the authority. You must meet the requirements of at least one of the authorities listed in the
Who May Apply section above to receive further consideration. NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- Benefits Help
Benefits A career with the U
.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Benefits for federal employees
Pay and leave Review our benefits Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply Help
How to Apply To apply for this position
, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 11/24/2017 to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire (https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10075891).
Click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application package.
It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date.
To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete. * It is your responsibility to verify that your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. The Department of Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Your requests for reasonable accommodation will be addressed on a case-by-case basis. Read more
Agency contact information
Army Applicant Help Desk
(000)000-0000 ##### Email USARMY.APG.CHRA-NE.MBX.APPLICANTHELP@MAIL.MIL ##### Address AA-APF-W0MUAA USA AMCOM CORPUS CHRISTI ARMY DEPOT DO NOT MAIL Corpus Christi, TX US Learn more about this agency
Next steps If you provided an email address
, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job. Read more
- Fair & Transparent
& Transparent The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race
, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants Read more
Reasonable Accommodation Policy Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate
. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events. You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis. Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency. Read more
Legal and regulatory guidance
Social security number request
Signature and false statements
New employee probationary period This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/484353700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered. Open & closing dates: 11/14/2017 to 11/24/2017 Salary: $24.33 to $28.39 per hour
Pay scale & grade:* WG 8 Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type:* Permanent
Operator Machine CNC Horizontal 1St Shift (Hampton, NH)
/B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions./ At Brazonics Inc. we specialize in the manufacturing of aluminum brazed assemblies including enclosures, chassis, cold plates and heat exchangers for defense and commercial aerospace industrial markets. Our unique processes go beyond traditional capabilities to provide our customers with durable, highly efficient thermal solutions. This high-level of service is accomplished by combining an innovative and knowledgeable engineering team with a versatile and reliable manufacturing group. The result is a resource for military, aerospace, and commercial customers who need top of the line expertise and product manufacturing. As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Machine Operator 1st shift in our Brazonics Inc business located in Hampton, NH. * JOB SUMMARY* Reporting to the Machine Shop Supervisor, the CNC Horizontal Machine Operator will operate similar production machines to perform similar operations or produce similar parts by a single or closely related step. Jobs are frequently of short duration, requiring frequent change in set up. Operator has limited control over product quality. * JOB RESPONSIBILITIES* * Works from specific written or verbal instructions and general operating practices.
Makes routine adjustments/set ups of equipment for limited and readily definable and measurable variables such as length, temperature, or pressure.
Loads raw material into the machine, manually cycles, and unloads finished product.
Performs additional operations such as identifying, removing flash, gates or other excess material, lubricating product or tooling.
Checks product against fixed gauges routinely and adjusts set up accordingly.
Maintains production and equipment records.
Performs other related duties as required. * MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:* * High school diploma or general education degree (GED); * Two-to-four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Strong communication skills, and must be able to work independently in addition as part of a team.
Demonstrate integrity, professionalism, and sound judgment.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs. * PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:* * Completion of CNC Machine Operating technical school program.
Well organized with solid judgment; able to multitask and adjust to changing priorities. * REASONING ABILITY:* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. * PHYSICAL DEMANDS:* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; frequently required to walk; and occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. * WORK ENVIRONMENT:* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; risk of electrical shock; vibration; and occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided as required. Safety Glasses and Steel Toe Shoes are required in all production areas at all times. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Fabricator / Polisher / Saw Jet Operator / CNC Operator / Machine Oper
We are looking for experienced Saw Jet Operators- CNC Operators - Fabricators/Laminators and Polishers
Experience is a plus- Must be Dependable- Team Worker- Able to Speak/Understand English- Must be able to lift 100 lbs (shop workers)
Pay Depending on Experience
We use the newest Technology and Sophisticated Tooling to help you do the job right with the highest Quality!
Daytime, Evening and Graveyard positions needed Immediately- We pay extra for you Night Owls!!!
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!