Bunch Maker Machine Job Description Sample
EDM Machine Operator - Tool And Die Maker
EDM Machine Operator
- Tool and Die Maker easy apply
- apply with indeed
salary:$1 - $45,000 per year
date posted:Friday, December 29, 2017
questions:email@example.com easy apply
apply with indeed
Program, set up, and operate Wire EDM machines
Inspect parts produced
- Perform routine machine maintenance Working hours: 1st shift
Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance. Perform the four basic arithmetic operations with coins as part of a dollar. Perform operations with units such as cup, pint, and quart; inch, foot, and yard; and ounce and pound. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables in or from these situations encountered on the job. Computer
-When applicable ability to ready computerized panels and/or operator a handheld electronic device. Other
This position requires specific knowledge in the following areas to be successful: --Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods. --3-5 years experience in EDM Machine Operating Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
salary:$1 - $45,000 per year
date posted:Friday, December 29, 2017
Tool Maker / Machine Builder
Tool Maker with 10+ years' experience +
Machine Building Experience.
• Studies blueprints to determine machining to be done and plans layout and assembly.
• Must own basic tooling for job function.
• Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock to lay out for machining by other workers.
• Operates mills for material removal/sizing.
• Operates drill press to drill and tap holes in parts.
• Operates saws for cutting and shaping of material.
• Smoothes and scrapes parts to fit.
• Must be able to perform basic lathe functions.
• Positions and secures parts on surface plate.
• Assembles parts into product and verifies dimensions and alignments.
• Sets up and operates surface grinder to grind surface of parts.
• Tests assembled mechanism.
• Verifies compliance of personnel tooling and equipment.
• Responsible for cleanliness of work environment.
• Responsible for his or her own safety as well as the safety of others around him or her.
Fifth year college or university program certificate; or 7-10 years minimum related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Negotiable, based on experience.
Excellent Benefit Options Include: Life, AD&D, Medical, Dental, Dependent Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Paid Vacations, Paid Holidays, Tool Purchase Program, Etc.
As a Third Generation, Family Owned and Operated business, the Kaspari Family continues to support customers with the highest level of Customer Support, through Engineering Assistance, Prototype thru Production Manufacturing Services, Product Quality Support at all levels and most of all, Quality Products, supplied at a Fair Price, always delivered on time.
Experienced Manual Machinist / Tool Maker - Machine Shop
Experienced Manual Machinist / Tool Maker - Machine Shop at Decatur Industrial Electric Decatur, IL Union positions up to $25 hour are available for highly qualified machinists. Plus, great retirement and benefits plan.
Frequent overtime also available. Suggested Training/Knowledge/Experience: Manual machining (2 years) Metal work on manual engine lathes Mechanical repairs (welding, boring, and some fabrication) Read from complicated blue prints, sketches, or detailed written instructions Be able to machine with minimal error and hold machining tolerances within. 001 Adhere to quality assurances procedures and processes Mechanical and electrical aptitude We currently have openings on our second shift (M-F –
Factory Electrical Machine Maintenance, Pipefitting, HV Maintenance, Tool & Die Maker
John Deere Opportunities John Deere, the world's leading manufacturer of agricultural equipment, currently has the following opportunties available at the John Deere Waterloo Works in Waterloo, Iowa: Immediate openings for skilled trade positions:
Factory & Foundry Electrical Machine Maintenance Foundary Pipefitting & HV Maintenance Factory Tool & Die Maker Apply online at www.johndeere.jobs Choose USA Choose Wage/Production Opportunities National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) accepted. A drug screen will be part of the pre-employment process. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Die Maker Belvidere Assembly Plant Belvidere, IL 61008, US Job Type:Full Time Date Posted: July 1, 2017 Job ID: S340 ApplyRefer A FriendJoin Our Talent Network Share this job
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Linkedin
- Share by Mail Job Overview Die Makers are highly skilled employees responsible for producing dies, and specialized parts and devices used on manufacturing machines in an automotive manufacturing plant. The work requires practical skill and knowledge as a Die Maker to analyze specifications, lay out metal stock, set up and operate machine tools, and fit and assemble parts to make and repair dies, jigs, fixtures, gauges and hand tools. The work may require interpreting specifications, blueprints, manufacturers’ manuals, sketches or similar documents. The candidate must have the ability to plan the sequence of operation and materials required according to knowledge of computer technology, such as computer aided design, CAD, or computer aided manufacturing, CAM, to design and create instructions for the manufacture tools. The candidate will be required to test and inspect the dies that are created to ensure that they are true to the original design and function properly. The candidate must have excellent communication skills and the ability to problem solve. Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
Basic knowledge of mathematics, algebra and physics
Eight (8) years of documented experience as a Die Maker or Tool & Die Maker or a documented and verified U.S. Department of Labor Completion of Apprenticeship Certificate as a Die Maker or Tool & Die Maker
Experience as a Die Maker or Tool & Die Maker in a manufacturing environment
Ability, with or without reasonable accommodation, to:
Work any shift and work overtime, including daily, weekends and holidays as required
Work from blueprints, drawings, layouts or other specifications to plan sequences of operations for fabricating dies or assemblies
Visualize and compute dimensions, sizes, shapes and tolerances of assemblies, based upon specifications
Set up and operate conventional or computer numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, CNC Machines and grinders to cut, bore, grind or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes
File, grind, shim and adjust different parts to properly fit them together
Fit and assemble parts to make, repair or modify dies, gauges and tools using machine tools and hand tools
Perform tests with completed dies to ensure that parts meet specifications; make adjustments as necessary
Inspect finished dies for smoothness, contour conformity and defects
Lift, position and secure machine parts on surface plates or worktables, using hoists, vises, v-blocks or angle plates
Measure, mark and scribe metal or plastic stock to lay out machining, using instruments such as protractors, micrometers, scribes and rulers
Cut, shape and trim blanks or blocks to specified lengths or shapes, using power saws, power shears, rulers and hand tools
Design jigs, fixtures and templates for use as work aids in the fabrication of parts or products
Select materials to be used from a range of metals and alloys, based on properties such as hardness and heat tolerances
Set up and operate drill presses to drill and tap holes in parts for assembly
- Perform incidental tasks as required to complete the larger task
Experience in welding Die Steel H-13, A1, Aluminum and other high strength steel.
Experience with Mig, Tig, and Stick welders and Acetylene Torch
Experience with weld repair of Die Steel inserts in both the shop environment and at the machine Relocation is not provided for this position. FCA is proud to extend to its employees a compensation and benefits package that is designed to retain their talent and to motivate and reward job performance. Our present compensation program provides for competitive, market based salaries, and annual vacation and holiday time off. We make available a comprehensive health care benefits plan which, depending upon the employee’s role, includes medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage. We also offer a disability absence plan, group and optional life insurance program, savings plan, tuition assistance, and vehicle purchase and lease discounts for certain employees, and for their family and friends. Note: Some of the benefits listed above may not apply to summer vacation replacement and temporary employees.
Tool And Die Maker
TitleTool and Die MakerEOE StatementCategoryManufacturingDescriptionJoin the exciting field of Advanced Manufacturing as a Tool and Die Maker at TDS Automation. As a Tool and Die Maker you will:Manufacture and build parts that are used and assembled into dies, jigs, fixtures and special projects/machines.Analyze specifications, lay out metal stock, set up and operate machine tools, and fit and assemble parts to fabricate and repair metalworking dies, cutting tools, and jigs and fixtures.Study specifications, such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualize product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts.Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances, using measuring instruments, such as dial indicators, gauge blocks, thickness gauges, and micrometers.Set up and operate machine tools, such as lathes, milling machine, boring mill, and grinder, to machine parts, and verify conformance of machined parts to specifications.Interface with all levels of management, hourly team members and, as assigned, customers.Position RequirementsExpertise in blueprint reading.Proficiency in the use of precision measurement devices such as micrometers.Competency in shop mathematics, including trigonometric and algebraic functions.Basic knowledge of fluid power, electrical, and electronic systems.Advanced knowledge of machining/manufacturing processes, assembly procedures and mechanical functions.Skill in the use of personal computer applications relating to machine shop operations.Must possess working knowledge of:CNC controls.Heat treatment.Fluid power (hydraulic and pneumatic) and electrical systems.Must be willing to travel on an as required basis.Full-Time/Part-TimeFull-TimeShiftDaysKeywordsDivisionTDS AUTOMATION INCExempt/Non-ExemptNon-ExemptReq NumberMAN-17-00010LocationTDS Automation, Inc.About the OrganizationDoerfer Companies is a leading global supplier of process automation that solves the product manufacturing challenges of companies worldwide.
A series of strategic acquisitions and affiliations gives Doerfer nearly three centuries of innovation experience spanning across multiple divisions. This allows clients to benefit from a significant pool of intellectual capital that leverages experience from multiple industries to meet their needs.Doerfer was founded in 1961 to provide assembly automation and engineering services to the agricultural and metalworking industries. It has since grown to become the leading entity providing turnkey factory automation, press technology, tooling and automated guided vehicle technologies.These core competencies, applied to a diverse industry cross section, incorporate numerous advanced technological capabilities, including specialized expertise in the nuclear, specialty fibers and chemical industries.Doerfer manufactures large format hydraulic presses, ranging in size from 500 to 13,000 tons, for the aerospace, automotive, building products and transportation industries.Operating one of the largest tool and die facilities in the Southeast United States, as well as a facility in the Midwest, Doerfer serves the forming needs of customers in the aerospace, appliance, automotive and HVAC industries.Doerfer specializes in custom heavy capacity Automatic Guided Vehicle Systems with traditional wire or laser-guidance systems as well as inertial guidance technology.
In addition, Doerfer's proprietary Wheelift technology offers customers individual powered and controlled wheel modules that provide flexibility not previously available in moving very large payloads.This position is currently accepting applications.Doerfer Companies actively seeks to enhance diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity or expression, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any oth
Tool And Die Maker / Tool And Die Repair / Tool And Die Machinist
We are now Hiring for a permanent placement for Tool and Die Makers / Tool and Die Repair / Tool and Die Machinist positions Located in Middleburg Heights Ohio.
- 1st and 2nd shift positions available
- Pay rate up to $27 Hr depending on experience
- Must have a certificate for die repair
- Mechanically inclined
- Tool &
- Perform die repairs as necessary in or out of press
- Trouble shoot tooling issues during production
- Perform preventative maintenance on dies
- Perform continuous improvement on all tooling
- Assist production with die setup as required
- Assist production with process modifications and adjustments: Transfer fingers as required
- Support production department in die setup
- Perform tooling run off, tooling try out and quality part run off as required
- Perform tooling incoming and outgoing inspections
- Assist with the safe evaluation of any technically related question in support of production.
- Must be conscientious when making changes to dies and identify possible interferences. Also to identify areas of concern that may be effected and communicate findings clearly as they are encountered.
- Must communicate stages of work if left uncompleted and leave written notation for fellow toolmakers to pick up and follow through for continued completion.
- Must have basic welding skill for fabrication and competently weld basic tool steel imperfections for in press repairs.
- Must have in press repair and adjustment abilities to provide production support and awareness of safety approaches when repairing nitrogen spring and related lifting hardware assemblies.
- Should be able to perform any operation in a die build with little or no supervision.
- Should produce work in time conscious/critical manner.
- Required to produce good quality work in keeping with a professional tool maker
- Should be reliable and work with little or no supervision.
- Should be able to grasp instructions easily and ask appropriate question to ensure understanding of what is required.
- Should also have the ability to make logical decisions.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Should be well equipped with tools.
- Must know all drill press operations such as; drill sharpening, clamping setups, speeds and feeds, spotting holes, tap drill sizes, reamer drill sizes, clearance drill sizes, spade drilling, drilling hardened material, etc.
- Should know all milling machine operations such as; clamping setups, speed and feeds, being able to machine blocks to a given size, how to machine different steels types, how to machine blocks square, etc.
- Should know surface grinding operations such as; selecting a proper wheel, securing work properly, use of a magnetic sine plate, bring a piece to +/- .001, grinding bronze, how to side wheel, plunge grinding, how to use a radius dresser, use of a whirly jig, etc.
- Should know how to Blanchard grind correctly such as; proper dressing of the stones, supporting tall work, how to use head tilt, how to shim pieces properly, stone replacement, etc.
- Should know all machining operations on a Bridgeport such as: indicating the head square; conventional and climb milling; controlling back lash; edge finding; use of table readouts; boring head use; fly cutting and end milling hardened material; proper speeds and feeds; machining pockets square and to size; machining key-ways; etc.
- Must know all press operations such as: how does each press work; all safety procedures; how to get dies in and out of the press; how to clamp dies correctly; how to raise and lower ram; proper use of safety stands; proper press shutdown procedures; shut height on a tool; how to adjust the Ram properly; etc.
- Must know all lathe operations such as: startup procedures; drilling operations; parallel turning; polishing; how to end face; how to sharpen a lathe bit; how to face a shoulder; how to turn a thread; how to turn a taper; how to use a live center; etc.
- Should know how to saw steel properly such as: proper blade for stock thickness; blade installation; how to weld a blade; setting guides properly; proper speed and feed; etc.
- Should have excellent bench skills such as: basic blue print reading; use of a height gauge; use of a sine plate; use of files; vernier and caliper reading; use of telescopic gauges; use of gauge blocks, hand drilling, how to use radius gauges, set punches, fitting cam slides, fitting sections to pockets, fitting sections onto keys etc.
- Should have good hand grinding skills such as: proper use of a disc grinder
Tool And Die Maker - Tool, Die, Maker, Progressive, Compound
Tool and Die Maker
Tool, Die, Maker, Progressive, Compound Tool and Die Maker
Tool, Die, Maker, Progressive, Compound
Tool Making, Die Making, Tool and Die Maintenance, Progressive Stamping Dies, Compound Stamping Dies, Injection Molds, CNC Machine Operation, Metal Work, Tool Repair, MasterCAM Based in Los Angeles, we are an internationally-renown precision component manufacturer. Demand from our customers has increased and we are now looking for two Tool and Die Makers to develop, cut, shape and form metal work pieces to specifications.
Top Reasons to Work with Us
Competitive compensation package
Comprehensive benefits package including 401k match
Healthcare coverage for you and your family
What You Will Be Doing - Repair tools from blueprints.
Program CNC mill, high speed mill and EDM using MasterCam.
Work on all conventional machine tools.
Plan and layout operations to construct, alter and repair a wide variety of complicated tools, fixtures, and dies.
What You Need for this Position At Least 3 Years of experience and knowledge of:
Tool and Die Maintenance
CNC Machine Operation
Mastercam Strongly Preferred:
Progressive Stamping Dies
Compound Stamping Dies If you are a fit, apply now (Preferred - takes 5 min) or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
*Tool and Die Maker
- Tool, Die, Maker, Progressive, Compound* CA-Los AngelesDK1-TnDmkr-LA
Tool And Die Maker
Tool and Die Maker
LOGIN + 08-Oct-2017 to 31-Dec-2022 (EST)
Chesterfield, MI, USA
Based on Union Contract
Full Time Full Competitive Benefits Package Email Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 4,000 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets. TOOL AND DIE MAKER-The Tool and Die Maker analyzes specifications, lay out metal stock, set up and operate machine tools, fit and assemble parts, sharpen cutting tools, make jigs and fixtures utilizing gauges and machinist hand tools. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Study blueprints, sketches, models, or specifications to plan sequences of operations for fabricating tools, or assemblies
Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators
Visualize and compute dimensions, sizes, shapes, and tolerances of assemblies, based on specifications
Set up and operate conventional or computer numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes.
File, grind, shim, and adjust different parts to properly fit them together
Fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify jigs, gauges, and tools, using machine tools and hand tools
Conduct test runs with completed tools to ensure that parts meet specifications, making adjustments as necessary
Smooth and polish flat and contoured surfaces of parts or tools, using scrapers, abrasive stones, files, emery cloths, or power grinders
ift, position, and secure machined parts on surface plates or worktables, using hoists, vises,v-blocks, or angle plates
Measure, mark, and scribe metal or plastic stock to lay out machining, using instruments such as protractors, micrometers, scribes, and rulers
Cut, shape, and trim blanks or blocks to specified lengths or shapes, using power saws, power shears, rules, and hand tools
Design jigs, fixtures, and templates for use as work aids in the fabrication of parts or products
Set up and operate drill presses to drill and tap holes in parts for assembly
Responsible for keeping and sustaining a clean, orderly, and safe work area per the 5S guidelines
Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor and managers REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED
College certificates a plus
Minimum 1 year tool and die experience
Must pass tool room practical exam and math test
Must be able to accurately measure, using calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, optical comparators, etc.
Must be able to work with tight tolerances EOE- Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Tool & Die Maker
Tool & Die Maker Job Number: 223117 Category: Manufacturing Description:
A Tool & Die Maker job in Florence, Kentucky is available through Belcan. The Tool & Die Maker will analyze specifications and blueprints, lays out metal stock, sets up and operates machine tools, and fits and assembles parts to fabricate and repair metalworking dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, gauges, and machinists' hand tools. Tool & Die Maker responsibilities and qualifications: •Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts •Computes dimensions, plans layout, and determines assembly method and sequence of operations. •Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining. •Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machine, shaper, and grinder, to machine parts, and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications. •Lifts machined parts and positions and secures parts on surface plate or worktable. •Smooths flat and contoured surfaces and power grinders, and fits and assembles parts together and into assemblies and mechanisms. •Verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearances. •Heat treats tools or parts, Connects wiring and hydraulic lines to install electrical and hydraulic components. •Examines standard or previously used dies, tools, and jigs and fixtures, and recommends design modifications regarding construction and function of part. •Develops specifications from general descriptions for specialty tools and draws or sketches design of product •Technical College or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience •Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
If interested in this Tool & Die Maker position, please apply now! Location: Florence , KY Minimum Experience (yrs): 3-5+ Required Education: Not Specified Benefits: Return to search results Email this job to a friend If you have previously registered with us, please
Log into apply for this position. *Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!