Burnisher Job Description Sample
Provide environmental and janitorial services to areas throughout the Hospital complex as assigned or directed.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
Interact with staff, patients, visitors, Hospital and University Officials, and the general public.
- Perform routine cleaning of all internal areas of the Hospital, including Patient Rooms, Nursing Units, Offices, Clinical Areas, Waiting Area, Lobbies, Lounges, Restrooms, Corridors, Elevators, Stairwells and building exterior to ensure a clean, neat and sanitary environment, according to established performance standards.
- Timely Replenish or replace expendable supplies, such as soap, toilet tissue, and paper towels.
- Operate mechanical equipment such as buffers (high and low speed), automatic scrubbers, pressure washers, vacuum cleaners, shampooer, extractor, burnisher and steam machine, baseboard machine and restroom cleaning machine. Use equipment properly and maintain assigned equipment in good safe working order.
- Empty trash containers in assigned areas, replace liners and clean the exterior of trash containers with damp cloth.
- Transport trash and hazardous waste to appropriate disposal area.
- Wear complete uniform as provided and maintain good hygiene.
- Observe safety precautions and established safety procedures for performing work and using equipment and cleaning supplies. Report safety hazards according to policies and procedures, and to Supervisor or designee. Note any required repairs (painting, plumbing, carpentry, or electrical) and report needed repairs to Supervisor or designee.
- Maintain patient confidentiality. Adhere to federal law, the Howard University Health Science Compliance Program, the Howard University Code of Ethics and the Health Sciences Standards of Conduct. Attend annual and periodic mandatory Compliance training, including HIPAA Privacy training. Participate in activities that promote adherence to federal healthcare program requirements. Participate in performance improvement activities.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but involved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to follow both written and oral instructions.
- Ability to maintain a professional manner at all times.
- Ability to maintain strict patient confidentiality and respect for patient’s privacy
- Ability to successfully operate a variety of high powered cleaning equipment.
- Ability to withstand frequent exposure to water and disinfectant chemicals.
- Competence in both oral and written English
- Ability to write legible and detailed information.
- Ability to sign (name) on reports and/or other matter pertaining to the Department.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious work relations and courteous communications with staff, physicians, patients, family members, Hospital and University officials, and the general public.
Must demonstrate collaboration; accountability; respect; excellence; and service.
Works with team members and peers in and outside of their immediate work group to create an exceptional experience for patients, students and other visitors; looks for ways to achieve departmental/institutional results by partnering.
Accepts responsibility for his/her actions to provide health care and or ancillary functions in a highly efficient and compassionate manner. The employee must function as a Steward (Have Ownership) of the Howard values that foster a commitment to improving the patient and student experience, organizational efficiency and the environment.
Embraces diversity; cares holistically for those we serve; treats all as we would like to be treated; manages the patient’s right to privacy with meticulous care 100% of the time and keeps patient and proprietary information about the institution confidential.
Anticipates the patient’s and student’s needs, presents as a model representative of the institution and maintains high standards of care while striving to improve performance and create exceptional experiences for our customers.
Behaves in a friendly, resourceful and professional manner towards all they encounter; treats patients, students and visitors in the same way that they would want their family members or themselves to be treated.
High School or General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.).
One (1) year of Environmental or janitorial work experience preferably, in a healthcare facility.
May be required to lift up to 75 pounds. Possible exposure to hospital related hazards including but not limited to chemical and radiological materials, heavy lifting, machinery, electrical equipment, temperature extremes, weather conditions, BBP and infectious agents.
Temporary PT 2Nd/3Rd Shift General Maintenance Technician*
POSTING INFORMATION Internal Title Temporary PT 2nd/3rd Shift General Maintenance Technician
Department Building and Equipment Maintenance Minimum Requirements A high school diploma and four (4) years of professional trade experience in housing/apartment building maintenance including carpentry, sheetrock repair/finishing, painting, plumbing, basic electrical, basic HVAC and inspection services. An Associate’s Degree in Building or Industrial Maintenance is preferred.
Candidates with an equivalent combination of experience and/or education are encouraged to apply. Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Basic computer skills and experience with e-mail and on-line work order systems preferred. The ability to understand and carry out routine oral and written instructions is required.
Must have a valid SC Driver’s License. Must be reliable and responsible. Requires broad knowledge and ability to perform a variety of maintenance repairs and activities including:
ELECTRICAL – Basic electrical maintenance and repair, including troubleshooting, replacement of receptacles, switches, light fixtures, ballasts, & bulbs/lamps. PLUMBING – Basic plumbing maintenance and repair, including troubleshooting, maintenance, repair, and replacement of faucets, sinks, drains, toilets, tubs/showers, water heaters and water service/drain lines. Also includes unplugging drain systems, repairing leaks, installing new valves and washers, and locating water shut offs to secure leaks or floods.
CARPENTRY: Basic carpentry including troubleshooting, maintenance, repair and replacement of doors, windows, trim, and cabinets/drawers and associated hardware. SHEETROCK & PAINTING – Basic maintenance, repair, and replacement of damaged sheetrock, as well as, finishing and painting to acceptable standards. HVAC – Basic HVAC troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair to include cleaning out drains, replacement of thermostats, changing filters, resetting units.
Must be able to troubleshoot, anticipate, locate and correct general and emergency problems as related to building maintenance and repair. Must have knowledge and skill in the use of tools, equipment, materials and supplies related to building repair and specifications and have ability to comprehend blueprints and specifications. All employees at the College are expected to perform their jobs in a safe manner in accordance with best safety practices as prescribed by their department, the Office of Environmental Health and Safety, and the Occupational Health and Safety Administration training as provided by the Physical Plant at the College of Charleston.
Additional Comments Regarding Position Must be able to perform manual labor and work outside in inclement weather. Must be able to work in close hot/cold quarters, climb ladders/stairs and lift or move furniture, objects and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds. Some overtime work will be required.
This part time position requires working 20-30 hours per week on second and/or third shift as well as on weekends. Must be able to properly react in emergencies and make appropriate decisions under pressure. Must have the ability to multi-task and assess/plan work from start to finish.
May be required to be on campus Special Instructions to Applicants Typical Work Schedule unless covering for someone or prior to and immediately following emergencies such as hurricanes, floods, etc.: 11:30 pm-8:00 am Wednesdays & Thursdays 7:00 am – 3:30 pm on Saturdays The candidate filling this position will not be eligible for benefits. Salary is commensurate with education/experience which exceeds the minimum requirements. Offers of employment are contingent upon a successful background check. All applications must be submitted online https://jobs.cofc.edu.
Hours Per Week 20-30 Pay Rate $15/hour - $17/hour Posting Date 12/13/2017 Closing Date 02/28/2018 Open Until Filled No Posting Number T17027 Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.cofc.edu/postings/6525 ### Job Duties Activity 1. Performs a variety of custodial, routine maintenance, emergency maintenance and repair duties related to work orders or projects in campus buildings such as residence halls, historic houses, facilities, and office/academic buildings, etc. Responds to custodial and maintenance work orders on the second and/or third shift and on weekends.
Responsible for ensuring that furniture, floors, walls, & surrounding work area is protected from dust & debris while work is being performed. Performs basic maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs as needed and requested: a) ELECTRICAL maintenance responsibilities include replacing receptacles, switches, light fixtures, ballasts, & bulbs, as well as, resetting breakers and GFCI safety circuits, troubleshooting and repairing generators, and performing other basic electrical repairs as needed. b) PLUMBING maintenance responsibilities include repairing/replacing/maintaining plumbing equipment and systems, including faucets, sinks, drains, toilets, tubs, showers, water heaters, dishwashers and water service/drain lines. Unplugs drain systems, repairs leaks, and installs new valves, stems, and washers.
Turns water off when major plumbing issues occur to secure area and minimize facility damage until journeyman/master plumber can arrive. Assists journeyman/master plumbers with major repairs to include installing and remodeling plumbing systems. c) CARPENTRY maintenance responsibilities include making repairs and emergency maintenance, such as barricading/securing damaged/broken doors and windows as a temporary measure until full replacement and repair can be performed. d) Sheetrock and PAINTING maintenance/upkeep responsibilities include replacing/repairing damaged sheetrock, finishing, caulking and painting surfaces to acceptable standards. e) HVAC maintenance responsibilities include investigating complaints of heating and cooling issues. Troubleshooting these complaints includes ensuring units have electrical power and are turned on, thermostat is set appropriately, drains are not clogged, vents are clean, etc.
Performs necessary maintenance and repair or resets units to address these issues. Empties and distributes dehumidifiers, spot coolers and space heaters as needed. Secures area to minimize facility damage until HVAC technician can arrive to perform major repairs, such as chiller and cooling tower issues, and provides assistance if necessary. e) Investigates WATER LEAKS to determine source (plumbing, HVAC, water intrusion from roof, door, and window leaks due to rain and flooding). Makes necessary repairs to stop leak when feasible or contain water by placing sandbags, water absorbing snakes, buckets etc. to minimize damage.
Essential or Marginal Essential Percent of Time 50% Activity 2. Installs/removes blinds and window hangings, troubleshoots basic cable/television issues, pressure washes, cleans and repairs walkways and porches. Responds to elevator trouble calls to verify that elevator is inoperable and needs emergency maintenance/repair.
Ensures elevator contractor is contacted and technician responds as appropriate to provide necessary emergency maintenance and repair. Inspects mechanical rooms for water leaks, noisy pumps, and signs or indications of equipment problems. Takes the appropriate action to remediate issues discovered.
Performs walkthroughs in facilities to identify problems and issues that need to be addressed to ensure the environment is appropriate for students, faculty, visitors, and staff. Performs daily interior/exterior inspection of campus facilities, documenting all needs for repairs and preventive maintenance. Places trade specific work orders to Physical Plant shops when necessary and works with shop personnel to ensure that work orders are completed in a timely, safe, & efficient manner.
Follows up on work orders as directed to ensure suitable resolution. Assists with storm preparation and recovery efforts. Inspects and removes trash/debris from roof drains and gutters to ensure appropriate water diversion and prevent water intrusion and flooding.
Assists with event setups and breakdowns when necessary. Orders supplies as needed. Essential or Marginal Essential Percent of Time 25% Activity 3.
Moves and replaces furniture as necessary to perform CUSTODIAL and FLOOR MAINTENANCE work. This includes water extraction with shop vacuums, floor scrubbers, carpet extractors, pumps, squeegees, mops, etc. Operates burnisher to remove dirt and restore shine to floors as needed between periodic stripping and waxing Essential or Marginal Essential Percent of Time 20% Activity 4.
Operates mobile electronic device to access, update, and complete work orders to include all appropriate information to reflect action taken, labor hours, parts, materials and other historical and cost related items. Essential or Marginal Essential Percent of Time 5% Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (). 1.
How did you hear about this employment opportunity? * Public Job Posting
Internal Job Posting
Post and Courier
Word of mouth
Chronicle of Higher Education
Hiring Our Heroes (linkedIn) * SC Works (SC Department of Employment and Workforce) * Twitter
Optional Documents 1. Resume 2.
Cover Letter / Letter of Application 3. Other Document 4.
Other Document 2 5. Other Document 3
Housekeeper II / Housekeeping / Health Park / PT Night, Primary Shift 11P - 7:30A With Rotation To Evenings 3:15P - 11:45P & 12P - 8:30Pm. Multiple Weekends And Holidays.
Job ID: 205744
Housekeeper II / Housekeeping / Health Park / PT Night, primary shift 11p
7:30a with rotation to evenings 3:15p
11:45p & 12p
8:30pm. Multiple weekends and holidays.
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Additional Job Information
Housekeeper II City, State:
Department: Housekeeping 001
Additional Job Details: Part-Time,Night, 16 hours,Weekly
Marketing Statement As the leading healthcare provider in mid-Michigan, Genesys has been improving our community's health for more than 95 years, and part of Ascension since 1999. As a group of affiliated medical campuses, outpatient centers, primary care locations including a network of 160 primary care physicians and ancillary healthcare organizations, we share a philosophy of providing personalized care to every person we serve.
Under close supervision, performs a variety of service duties such as aseptically cleaning Hospital buildings, areas and equipment; stripping, scrubbing and refinishing floors; washing walls and ceilings; shampooing carpets; disposing of trash; moving furniture. Maintains a clean, orderly and safe facility. Performs other related duties as requested by authorized personnel.
+ 1. Dust and wash ceilings and walls utilizing appropriate chemicals Prepare cleaning tools, chemicals and equipment. and equipment.
- Dust mop and wet mop floors.
- Strip/seal/finish tile floors using the appropriate floor maintenance equipment and chemicals.
- Shower scrub and apply finish when applicable utilizing the appropriate floor maintenance equipment and chemicals.
- Burnish/buff tile floors using the appropriate floor maintenance equipment and chemicals.
- Performs routine cleaning (high/low dusting) of hallways and entranceways utilizing appropriate chemicals and equipment.
- Vacuums and extracts carpets according to procedure for preventative, corrective or salvage care using the appropriate equipment and chemicals.
- Vacuum and bonnet carpets according to procedure for preventative, corrective or salvage care using the appropriate equipment and chemicals.
- Utilizes appropriate prescribed spot removal and upholstery cleaning tools and chemicals.
- Picks up trash throughout complex, loads trash carts and delivers to and operates trash compactor.
- Operates cardboard bailer, ties off bale and removes bale.
- Removes and washes Venetian blinds and shades.
- Changes window curtains, patient cubical curtain using appropriate equipment.
- Cleans and performs routine maintenance and cleaning of housekeeping equipment daily.
- Moves furniture properly to facilitate cleaning by using various lifting equipment and techniques.
- Cleans elevators; tracks, floors, walls and doors using appropriate equipment and chemicals.
- Cleans stairwells; rails, doors, floors, ledges using appropriate equipment and chemicals.
- Operates the Automatic Floor Machine (AFM) properly and efficiently with the appropriate chemicals.
- Operates riding burnisher appropriately using proper chemicals, pads and techniques
+ 1. *Must be able to read, write and follow oral and/or written instructions.
- *Must possess and demonstrate the necessary discretion in dealing with confidential information communication skills, initiative, tact and diplomacy and dependability to perform all duties of the position.
- *Must have the ability to establish and maintain rapport with patients, employees, supervisors and contacts external to the Hospital.
- Must be physically and mentally capable of performing all duties of the position, including but not limited to: repeatedly bending, stooping, walking, reaching, pushing, pulling, and lifting at least 25 pounds, Must be neat in personal appearance.
NOTE: *These items are judged to be Essential Functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Required to participate in new employee orientation and department orientation.
The above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or qualifications for the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify in any way, the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under their supervision. The most recently dated job description on file in the Human Resources Department will be considered the official job description.
HS or Equivalent
High School diploma or equivalent from an accredited program required
How To Apply Please browse our Career Opportunities page to find the job that fits your career choice and become a member of our dedicated healthcare team. For questions or assistance with completing the online application, please contact Ascension candidate care at 855-778-6037.
Equal Employment Opportunity Genesys Health System will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Remove/apply coats of finish as appropriate per floor type and according to manufacturer s recommended care. Wage Rate: $10.50/hour Education and Experience: No formal educational credential, Short-term on-the-job training TASKS:
Inspect floors for smoothness, scuffs, finish build-up Operate vehicles, mechanized devices or equipment Repair and maintain mechanical equipment Strip, scrub floor edges and areas inaccessible to floor sanders, using scrapers, disk-type sanders, and sandpaper or other abrasive materials/tools Guide buffing machines over surfaces of floors until surfaces are smooth Attach abrasive pads to buffing machines Apply filler compound and coats of finish/sealants/protective coatings to floors to seal Remove excess glue/compounds from joints using knives/scrapers Use machine scrubber to clean hard-surface floors Use burnisher to polish hard-surface floors Power washing parking garages, exterior surfaces within 50 of buildings Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures, prepare chemicals for work application Clean equipment or supplies Inspect completed work to ensure proper care, determine compliance with standards Follow floor-care schedules to ensure timely completion Communicate with supervisors, peers to coordinate floor care/power washing activities Organize, plan and prioritize work Notify managers concerning the need for repairs to buildings KNOWLEDGE: Mechanical - machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance Building and Construction - materials, methods and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings or other structures Customer and Personal Service English Language SKILLS: Active Learning & Listening Coordination Critical Thinking Instructing Judgment and Decision Making Learning Strategies Management of Material Resources Mathematics Monitoring Negotiation Persuasion Problem Solving Reading Comprehension Science Service Orientation Social Perceptiveness Speaking Systems Analysis & Evaluation Time Management Writing Technical:
Equipment selection, installation, operation & maintenance/repair Cleaning chemical, supplies and tools use/handling/storage Quality Control Inspection Troubleshooting/Problem Solving Tools: Extension/step ladders, Phillips/flat head screwdrivers, Claw hammers, Tack cloths, Floor buffers, Floor waxers, Floor scraping tools, Floor strippers, Floor sanders, Portable belt sanders, Rotary sanders, Carpet Shampooer/Extractor, Power Washer & tools Technology: Navigating the Internet to find information, including the ability to open and configure standard browsers; use searches, hypertext references, and transfer protocols; and send and retrieve electronic mail (e-mail); Using scroll bars, a mouse, and dialog boxes to work within the computer's/tablet s operating system and online training software; Able to access and switch between applications and files Physical
walking and running; kneeling, crouching, stooping or crawling; standing; hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls; bending or twisting; repetitive movement; move/load/unload materials/equipment; Requires contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, or otherwise); Requires telephone conversations; Requires face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams Work Environment: Opportunity to make decisions without supervision; Requires making decisions that affect other people, the financial resources, and/or the image and reputation of the organization; Requires makin
Floor Care Specialist EVS Full Time (Beau Rivage)
Maintain wood, vinyl, and carpeted floors within the Public areas. Maintain marble floors, counters, and tables in the Public areas.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND TASKS
- Responsible for operation of rotary machines for scrubbing and spin bonneting.
- Responsible for operation of carpet extractor and high speed burnisher for hard floors.
- Ensures standardization and quality of all work done in areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for notification of Asst. Manager/Supervisor in the event equipment is in need of repair.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or equivalent and minimum one-year general cleaning experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Driver s License
- Knowledge of machine/equipment/chemicals used for cleaning.
- Knowledge of floor cleaning/maintenance procedures.
- Knowledge of marble surfaces.
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills
- Able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills.
- Able to work under pressure at a rapid pace.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly standing, listening, and speaking.
- Constantly walking between various areas of the property.
- Frequently using wrist motion, dexterity, eye-hand coordination,
- Frequently lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling up to 75 lbs.
Work performed indoors and outdoors. Employee may be exposed to chemicals, dust, secondhand smoke, and hot and cold temperatures. Employee will be required to balance and reach at varying heights. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required to work flexible hours.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!