Burrer Machine Job Description Sample
Burrer Precision - 1St Shift
Crane Aerospace & Electronics has a career opportunity for a Burrer Precision on first shift in Burbank, CA.
Crane Aerospace & Electronics supplies critical systems and components to the aerospace and defense markets. You'll find Crane Aerospace & Electronics in some of the toughest environments: from engines to landing gear; from satellites to medical implants and from missiles to unmanned aerial systems (UAS).
We are committed to operational excellence and world class processes. We employ Lean manufacturing techniques to optimize manufacturing efficiency and accuracy on all product lines. Our products are known for their technical strength, proven reliability and overall value.
The Burrer Precision's primary responsibilities include the ability to use a hand grinder, able to use magnifying glass and migroscope to perform burring operation, able to read blue prints, able to use measuring devices such as calipers, depth gauges, dial indicators etc. Able to use hand tools to perform burring operations, familiar with Oracle is a plus, able to use degreaser and sand blasting experience is a plus.
Essential Job Functions:
Must be able to study blueprints, work orders, or machining instructions to determine product specifications, tool requirements, and operational sequences.
Creativity, Initiative and the ability to work independently
In this position, employees are exposed to noise, dust, fumes and working around moving machinery.
Essential duties require frequent reaching above shoulder level, standing, walking and manual dexterity for handling small parts.
Minimum Education or Training Required:
High school diploma or equivalent.
Min. 1 year deburring experience; experience working with small parts in a machine shop.
Crane Aerospace & Electronics offers competitive salaries and outstanding opportunities for career growth and development. Visit our website at CraneAE.com for more information on our company, benefits and great opportunities.
In our efforts to maintain a safe and drug-free workplace, Crane Aerospace & Electronics requires that candidates complete a satisfactory
TimkenSteel is a newly independent company with nearly 100 years of steelmaking behind us. We create high-performance, customized steel that helps customers push the bounds of what's possible. At our Tryon Peak Plant, we leverage the core competencies of the TimkenSteel business and bring value to the supply chain for our customers. Leveraging state-of-the-art cut-off equipment, the plant offers full-length bar and seamless mechanical tubing with precision-cutting capabilities, and supplies primarily industrial and bearing-manufacturing customers.
This position is responsible for all operations of floor production equipment, ensuring the accuracy and consistency of product are achieved to meet customer specifications and needs.
This position is responsible for but not limited to the following duties:
Set-up and operate equipment in accordance with saw instructions and all other written documentation.
Produce quality parts within customer specification, ensuring proper gauging requirements are met.
Capable of completely operating all plant equipment including CNC and non-CNC band saws, cold saws, deburr units, etc.
Ability to operate a forklift, side loader, and shipping/support equipment is preferred.
Perform routine preventative maintenance and minor repairs to production equipment.
Record physical production, inventory changes, and complete process control and product quality documentation as required.
Support plant continuous improvement programs.
Operate safely within a team environment, including participation in team problem solving.
Communicate effectively and support team philosophy.
Demonstrate basic computer skills for data entry and RF scanning of material and production orders.
Develop individual knowledge and skills to promote safety, quality, cost efficient operation, and customer responsiveness.
Flexible to work any shift assignment and overtime as needed. May at times be required to run multiple machines as necessary.
- High School Diploma or GED.
High School Diploma or GED with two years of experience in manufacturing machining.
Previous operation of forklift and/or similar machinery.
Continuous standing, walking, kneeling, stooping, reaching and manual manipulation of parts.
Regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and push/pull up to 75 pounds. With assistance of lift equipment, occasionally moves parts in excess of 120 pounds in a combination of sliding/rolling/lifting.
Manufacturing work environment with moderate exposure to unusual elements such as wet and/or humid conditions. May include transportation and handling of product waste.
Vision must be corrected distance acuity 20/40 better eye; corrected near acuity 20/33 better eye.
Hearing at a conversational level.
May operate forklift and similar machinery and equipment.
Required to wear protective safety glasses, hearing protection, and safety shoes with metatarsals at all times.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Machine & Tooling Sales Repreentative
- A background in CNC applications, service and/or operation of machine tools
- At least five years experience in machine tool, industrial or capital equipment sales
- Desire to be the commission leader in the field
- Experience with tooling, fixturing and CNC programming
- Highly motivated, independent worker
- Exceptional customer following and loyalty; relationship builder
- Excellent computer follow-up and tracking skills
- Executive image and conduct
We are looking for team member who has a passion for manufacturing tech. As we pursue the future of a connected industry 4.0 environment with state of the art tooling and information systems we are adding talent to move our industry forward. We are heavily investing in the best equipment available for laser cutting, punch laser combination cutting, robotic press braking, tube laser cutting, and more. We have a new 100,000 square foot manufacturing facility is under construction. Primary work is done in SolidWorks and TruTops software packages.
About EMIT Technologies
EMIT Technologies is unique in the natural gas emissions market as the only fully integrated solutions OEM. With in-house engineering, product development, fabrication, field services, emissions testing, and application training, EMIT Technologies is your single source emissions solutions provider, for today, and the future.
- Converting product models to machine tool programs for production team
- Equipment optimization related to automated operation and material utilization
- Prototyping for new product development projects
- Tool maintenance scheduling
- Troubleshoot production related interruptions
- Integrating machine tool capabilities into product design practices
- Degree in technical field, mechanical engineering technician, or experience programming CNC machine tools or drafting in a sheet metal related business.
- Proficient user of SoldWorks or similar CAD software
- High initiative and willingness to push themselves to solve hard problems
EMIT Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.
Software Engineer Co-Op, Machine Learning - Fall Semester
Candidate is expected to work 40 hours a week for Fall semester.
- Assist with the design and implementation of the following:
- End-to-end pipeline for annotation, training and deployment of machine learning algorithms
- Services and dashboards for training progress and validation metrics
- Crowdsourcing pipelines for collecting internal and external annotations
- Participate in the design, development, evaluation, deployment and updating of data-driven models and analytical solutions for machine learning (ML) applications
- Work with product owners and customers on understanding their learning applications, assisting with integration and providing ML expertise
- Produce high quality code that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration
- Conduct technical investigations and prototyping in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Candidate must be currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 0-2 years of machine learning experience
- Previous software development experience
- Experience in the following areas:
- Computer vision and machine learning
- Image processing
- Creating clean C++ code
- Object-oriented design
- Rapid development and prototyping in Python
- GPU compute
- Familiarity with at least one of the following, or similar platforms:
- MXNet, Caffe, TensorFlow, Keras, Torch, Dlib, scikit-learn
Machine Learning & Distributed Ledger Sr. Engineer
• Responsible for delivery in the areas of: data science/machine learning & Distributed Ledger including technology implementations and algorithm development
• Write software (in Python/R/Java) to extract, clean and manipulate large datasets both structured and unstructured
• Construct data staging layers and fast real-time systems to feed machine learning algorithms
• Review and independently test the effectiveness and accuracy of Image Analytics, NLP and machine learning models
• Utilize expertise in models that leverage the newest data sources, technologies, and tools, such as machine learning, Python, Hadoop, AWS, as well as other cutting-edge tools and applications for Machine Learning.
• Investigate the impact of new technologies, applications, and data sources on the future of secondary mortgage business
• Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new tools and paradigms to deploy cutting edge solutions.
• Develop both deployment architecture and scripts for automated system deployment in AWS
• Create large scale deployments using newly researched methodologies
• Work in Agile environment
• Experience mentoring junior engineers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science
• Comprehensive knowledge of modern statistical learning methods
• At least 5 years’ experience with machine learning and natural language processing
• At least 5 years’ experience with Distributed Ledger technologies
• 5+ years of experience working with AWS
• At least 5 years’ experience in Python (NumPy, SciPy, scikit-learn, pandas, Theras, Theano) and any other open source programming languages for large scale data analysis
• At least 7+ years’ experience in Java
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science
• 2+ years of experience working with financial data
• 5+ years of experience in Python (including NLP) for large scale data analysis
• 7+ years of experience with SQL & relational databases
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to work both independently and in project teams
Startup / Rapid Growth / Sr. Java Engineer / Machine Learning & AI
When we partner with talent, we learn not just your skills and background, but the many layers of your spirit – your life aspirations, your career goals, and how you find a sense of purpose. After we map out how to make your ideal life your real life, we find the team that can take you there.
If the description below sounds like a great fit and if you're looking for fresh experience with your job search, then we encourage you to reach out to discuss what the right path for you is.
Salary: Competitive / DOE
We are seeking Senior level Java Engineers to help a high growth startup build next-generation application monitoring services that utilize next generation AI and extensive machine learning.
The work involved includes working on distributed systems/micro-services, and complex back-end development using Java 8, JVM, and or scala. While the majority focus is backend, Knowledge of UI and frontend: (ES6, React, D3.js) are a significant added benefit.
In addition, there will be numerous complex and interesting projects to work on that can vary from big data, web UI, and building applications with challenging and extensive technical requirements.
Proficient in Java 8, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
Advanced knowledge in multi-threading
Solid understanding of object-oriented programming & CS fundamentals
Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
Java large scale distributed systems/databases and large scale event processing
Proper understanding of algorithms and data structure
Skill for writing reusable Java libraries
Knowledge of concurrency patterns in Java
Familiarity with concepts of MVC, JDBC, and RESTful
Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
Basic understanding of the class loading mechanism in Java
Basic understanding of JVM, its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
Familiarity with continuous integration
Kudos and bonus points for experience with Reactor, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS Cassandra, and or Redis
Also, Kudos for solid knowlege of UI and frontend i.E., (ES6, React, D3.js)
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS PROVIDED
Machine Maintenance Technician
Repairs and maintains mechanical and hydraulic components of production machines and equipment by performing the following duties.
The following job/task functions have been identified as the core functions of this position. However, the supervisor or manager may assign additional duties associated with this position.
- Visually inspects and listens to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions.
- Dismantles machines and equipment to gain access to problem area.
- Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems.
- Removes and replaces worn or defective parts.
- Realigns and adjusts components such as spindles and clutches.
- Locates damaged air and hydraulic pipes on machine, and measures, cuts, threads, and installs new pipe.
- Starts machines and equipment to test operation following repair.
- Repairs broken parts.
- Ability to wire and troubleshoot basic electrical control circuits.
- Performs all duties and operates machinery & equipment according to MIOSHA standards and company procedures using required safety equipment (gloves, sleeves, ear plugs, etc.).
- Modifies computer controlled motion of robot.
- Assists Engineer to modify sketches or computer generated designs of machine components such as hydraulic system and drive mechanism.
- Punctual and regular attendance is required.
- Able and willing to work any shift assigned.
- Keeps work areas clean and orderly.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Assumes other duties as directed by supervisor.
All associates are required to conform to TS 16949 and ISO 14001 standards and procedures
CNC Machine Operator - 3Rd Shift
Must have previous CNC machine operating experience where you had to program or enter job specs into a computer terminal!
Starting Pay Rate: Up to $14/hour Depending on experience
Third shift works Sunday-Thursday 7:30pm to 6am; Friday 6pm to 11pm (48 to 53 hours/week).
- MUST have woodworking experience.
- Must be familiar with industrial table saw operation.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances
- Programs mills by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Experience with setting up and operating a CNC machine
- Ability to read and interpret documents, blueprints, write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to understand general programming
- Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts
- Demonstrates mechanical aptitude
- Experience with basic measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, surface plate checks and optical comparators
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!