Bus Attendant Job Description Sample
Jan 19, 2018
Job Number 1800072F
Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The St.
Regis San Francisco, San Francisco, California VIEW ON MAP
Regis Hotels & Resorts
Schedule Full-time Relocation?
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us The St.
Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years ago, with the opening of the St.
Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York’s Fifth Avenue, St.
Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke service.
Today, with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world, St.
Regis is a place where trends are born, boundaries are broken and guests can simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St.
Job Summary Provide professional, courteous and efficient presentation of food and beverage service to all guests. Clean and set up tables in the outlet and perform other food service related duties, including general cleaning and set up. Serve water, bread and coffee and greet guests by name whenever possible during the course of meal service. Stack trays properly for efficient unloading for stewarding and ensure proper safety standards at all times. Complete closing duties, including storing all reusable goods, breaking down goods, cleaning all equipment and areas, returning equipment to proper locations, locking refrigerators, restocking items, turning off lights, locking doors, and completing daily cleaning checklist. Set up, stock, and maintain work areas. Inspect the cleanliness and presentation of all china, glass, and silver prior to use. Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures and utilizing cleaning to adhere to health and safety standards. Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards. Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print). Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance. Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces as well as up and down stairs and/or service ramps. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors. Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicantswith criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and locallaw.
7307BR Why Us: Immediate opening for a busser / runner for our garden-to-table restaurant, VINeleven at the Napa Valley Marriott.This is a great opportunity to work with only the best ingredients, a great service team and have a great opportunity for advancement. Responsibilities include:
Delivering exceptional customer service by quickly and efficiently clearing restaurant tables. Carrying large loads of dishes to kitchen for washing. Supporting other areas of the restaurant as necessary, such as setup, cleanup, prep work and equipment maintenance.
Re-stocking work areas to support the rest of the staff. Running food and drinks to tables for our guests. Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
Minimum of 1 year experience in food service/hospitality desired, but not required. Customer service focused and solution oriented. Must enjoy and be able to succeed in a fast-paced work environment.
Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with customers and coworkers. Ability to work a flexible schedule based on restaurant needs. Food handler's card required.
Job Title: Bus Attendant
Location Name: Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa
EEO Statement: We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Clears all used tableware, napkins and refuse from tables to tubs in bus station and wipes table, chairs and clears debris and crumbs from floor areas surrounding table.
Dealing with Ambiguity Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Compassion Genuinely cares about people; is concerned about their work and non-work problems; is available and ready to help; is sympathetic to the plight of others not as fortunate; demonstrates real empathy with the joys and pain of others.
Composure Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
Interpersonal Savvy Relates well to all kinds of people – up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably. Knowledge/Skills Must have basic knowledge of restaurant operations.
Abilities Lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying up to 50 lbs to include serving trays, carts, tables, chairs, and small equipment up to 75% of the time. Balancing, stooping kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching handling, fingering throughout the shift.
Mobility -full range of mobility and the ability to travel up to 300 feet on a regular basis throughout the shift. Continuous standing -during preparation, during service hours or during expediting. Must have vision ability to see minute objects at arms length, to read meters and controls. Education/Formal Training
None Material/Equipment Used Standard restaurant equipment including but not limited to coffee machines, ice machines, toasters and beverage dispensers. Broom, mop, vacuum and carpet shampooer. Continual exposure to hazardous chemicals used for cleaning.
Environment Physically strenuous -continual standing, walking, bending and lifting in indoor environment. Intermittent exposure to extreme heat (dishroom & kitchen) and cold (coolers & freezers).
Position Type: Part Time - On-Call
School Bus Attendant
Safely and reliably transport and assist students and other school district passengers to and from school, educational or sporting events, community-based programs and other special activities.
1. Safely care for and protect student passengers.
2. Conduct emergency evacuation drills as required.
3. Instruct passenger riders regarding safety.
4. Establish favorable working relationships with parents, school staff and Dean staff.
5. Attend training sessions, annual in-service and workshops conducted by Dean Transportation Inc. and/or other approved agencies.
Must pass background check, physical and ongoing drug screening.
1. Identify with geographic service area of school district and routes you travel.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of rules and regulations promulgated by local, state, and federal agencies.
3. Demonstrate knowledge of state laws and local ordinances.
4. Deal with exuberant behavior characteristics of youthful riders.
5. Administer disciplinary procedures in keeping with company and school district policies.
6. Be alert and exercise good judgment concerning emergencies and day-to-day operations.
7. Conduct a bus evacuation drill.
8. Keep accurate records and reports as required, submit in a legible condition, turn in at the specified time.
9. Conduct yourself as a professional Dean Transportation staff member at all times.
10. Secure all equipment that is required for each passenger as prescribed in company policy.
11. Be able to lift, store, and disassemble/assemble wheelchairs of a maximum weight of 40 pounds and/or other ambulatory devices required by the passenger.
BODY MECHANICS OF SCHOOL BUS ATTENDANT
School Bus Attendants are required through their employment to perform various tasks. These physical tasks require varying degrees of lifting, pulling, bending and carrying of heavy objects.
Some examples of these are:
1. Opening and closing of bus entrance and emergency doors.
2. Bending, pushing and pulling to load and unload a wheelchair, with or without a passenger, onto a lift platform, by exerting a maximum of 40 lb. of push / pull pressure.
3. Bending, supporting and otherwise physically helping passengers into and out of a school bus.
4. Carrying and lifting into and from the school bus, personal articles and adaptive equipment of various weights and sizes.
5. Bending and stretching for the cleaning and securement of equipment in the interior of the school bus.
6. Bend, stretch, pull and drag all persons, equipment or other types of articles that would be of varying sizes and weight out of emergency exits on demand.
School Bus Attendant
School Bus Attendants needed to work in Baltimore City. The responsibilities include record keeping, customer service, and light bus maintenance. Applicants must be at least 21 years old and have a High School Diploma or Equivalent,as well as excellent written and oral communication skills. A Driver's License is suggested for this position. Applicants will be responsible for the safety of the Students while riding the bus and assisting the Driver with other various duties as required. The applicant must have a clean criminal background and be able to pass a State and Federal background check. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer Daily Pay!
School & NON School BUS Attendant Needed Asap
CERTIFIED SCHOOL BUS MATRONS NEEDED FOR A BUSY SCHOOL BUS DEPOT IN BROOKLYN NY.
MUST BE CERTIFIED FOR THE OFFICE OF PUPIL 25 - 30 HOURS PER WEEK- SPLIT SHIFT BASED ON SCHOOL HOURS!
4-6 HOUR BREAK IN BETWEEN ROUTES. ADDITIONAL PAY AVAILABLE FOR ADDITIONAL TIME WORKED!
CALL FOR INFORMATION IN REGARDS TO JOB, WILL SPONSOR CERTIFICATIONS. MUST SPEAK ENGLISH!
THIS IS NOT FULL TIME! HOLIDAYS, VACATION, MEDICAL, BEREAVEMENT, PERSONAL & SICK DAYS!
BUS ATTENDANT II Full-Time Busser The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa Start Your Journey With Us At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests' well-being, and we're energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road.
Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you're someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise JOB SUMMARY Provide professional, courteous and efficient presentation of food and beverage service to all guests.
Clean and set up tables in the outlet and perform other food service related duties, including general cleaning and set up. Serve water, bread and coffee and greet guests by name whenever possible during the course of meal service. Stack trays properly for efficient unloading for stewarding and ensure proper safety standards at all times.
Complete closing duties, including storing all reusable goods, breaking down goods, cleaning all equipment and areas, returning equipment to proper locations, locking refrigerators, restocking items, turning off lights, locking doors, and completing daily cleaning checklist. Set up, stock, and maintain work areas. Inspect the cleanliness and presentation of all china, glass, and silver prior to use.
Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures and utilizing cleaning to adhere to health and safety standards Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards.
Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print). Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance. Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces as well as up and down stairs and/or service ramps. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws CLICK: APPLY NOW
School Bus Attendant
Easterseals of Southeastern Pennsylvania's Philadelphia Divisionis looking for two fulltime energetic Bus Attendants to ride school buses forour Approved Private School and Early Intervention programs in the WynnefieldHeights section of Philadelphia.
For more than 70 years, Easterseals of Southeastern Pennsylvania has beenhelping people with disabilities gain greater independence. Our mission is toprovide exceptional services to ensure that all people with disabilities orspecial needs and their families have equal opportunities to live, learn, workand play in their communities. We strive to hire those who are passionate aboutthe pediatric special needs population, have good communications skills, enjoya team environment and want to make a difference in the lives ofthose they assist.
Responsibilities include assisting pre-school aged students withdisabilities entering and exiting the bus, ensuring their safety before and duringtransportation, and adhering to all required guidelines. The ability to build rapport andtrust with the students is very important. Hours include AM, mid-day and PM bus routes
Monday through Friday for scheduled days of programs. Benefits are included for full-timepositions.
Prior School Bus Attendant or Childcare Aide experience is preferredbut not required.
In the event of an emergency, the ability to lift 40 pounds willbe required. Applicants are required to pass Easterseals and
Philadelphia School District required clearances, pre-employment drug testingand alcohol screening.
Applicants are required to pass Easterseals and
Easterseals of Southeastern Pennsylvania is anequal opportunity provider and an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: art, college, early education, gs 1702, gs 1720, instructor, paraeducator, school, special education, trainer
Bus Driver / Bus Operator ( Woodland, CA - Yolobus )
Bus Drivers needed in YOLO County, pay rates range from $14.99 - $21.84 after training (depending on seniority). $800+ employee bonus program. Transdev is actively hiring bus drivers for their fixed route transit service in YOLO County.We are looking for safe, friendly drivers to help passengers move around throughout YOLO Countyusing public transportation. Come join the largest private-sector operator of public transportation in North America–one that cares about its employees, passengers and their communities. Why Drive With Us?
No Experience Needed
We will help you obtain a Commercial Driver’s License
Pay rates from $14.99-$21.84 after training (depending on seniority)
Medical, dental, vision, life and 401k benefits
Paid training + $800+ Employee Bonus Program
Drive a transit bus and transport passengers around YOLO County in a safe and courteous manner
Greet passengers, ensure fare payment and maintain a safe environment
Notify dispatch of any incidents, accidents, mechanical concerns
Other duties as required
Qualifications + 21 years old or older with a high school diploma, GED or equivalent
A valid driver’s license in good standing
Excellent customer and communication skills
Physical Requirements Include Ability to:
Sit for extended periods of time
Lift, push, pull, and carry tools, objects, or equipment above shoulder level without assistance
Move up and down stairs easily
Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping If you have any questions, please contact us at (530) 662-2630 or email@example.com For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careersThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfmDrug free workplaceIf based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
Position CategoryDriver/Operator - Bus, Paratransit, Taxi, Limo, Shuttle
Internal Code 3Ind1Company/DivisionTransdev Services
Paratranist/Shuttle Bus Driver (Connector Bus Operator)
If you like to drive, like people, and either have a CDL, CDL Permit or have the desire to obtain a CDL then this may be the perfect career opportunity for you!
SMART is actively looking for customer-focused, drivers that LOVE to work with the public! We are looking to fill multiple openings.
We have openings throughout our service area in Macomb, Oakland and Wayne counties.
- Paid training, competitive benefits package, healthcare savings program (post-employment), defined benefit pension plan, employee transportation pass, paid vacation, holidays and personal leave days, tuition reimbursement and career opportunities.
- Starting training wage of $12.30/hour; after successful completion of training (8 weeks) the wage will increase to $14.96/hour.
Under general direction, the Connector Bus Operator (CBO) operates motor coaches to transport passengers in a safe, efficient and courteous manner. The CBO is responsible for collecting fares and completing necessary inspections and reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates motor coaches subject to departmental rules, regulations, schedules, and local and state traffic regulations, keeping radio dispatcher aware of status and location.
- Maintains professional image and performs duties in courteous, friendly manner emphasizing positive customer relations.
- Inspects and tests vehicle equipment prior to each run to ensure vehicle safety.
- Reports equipment and maintenance problems or concerns to appropriate management personnel.
- Responsible for the safe loading, transport and unloading of passengers.
- Judges best way to route vehicle from place-to-place in demand-responsive service.
- Provides schedule, route, fare, directional and general information to customers.
- Responsible for collecting proper fares, inspecting passes, receiving and issuing transfers.
- Assists passengers, particularly the elder and handicapped persons, in boarding or exiting vehicle as necessary, including operation of wheelchair lift and wheelchair restraints.
- Posts appropriate route and destination signs in vehicle.
- Removes ice, snow and slush from platforms.
- Maintains proper lighting, heating and ventilation on vehicle.
- Responsible for inspecting bulletin board daily for directives, policy and procedure announcements.
- Maintains trip sheets and other forms as required.
- Submits written reports on accidents and may be required to serve as witness regarding same.
- Maintains reasonable order aboard the coach.
- Performs related work as required.
- A real desire to drive and serve the public.
- Ability to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License.
- Less than four points on driving record in last five years.
- No suspensions, revocations or restrictions within past 36 months (3 years).
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited school.
- A minimum of 5 years licensed driving experience.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend written directives and service information.
- Ability to perform arithmetical calculations and maintain reports.
- Ability to work in a time-structured environment under minimal direct supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to work with the public.
- Ability to exercise sound and quick judgment in solving problems.
- Ability to read a street map and find unknown locations quickly.
- Knowledge of the service area of the assigned terminal: Major streets and landmarks, street numbering systems, etc.
- Ability to successfully complete employment history verification and criminal background check, medical examination including drug screening, and employment interview.
- Ability to work various shifts, weekends, holidays, split days off, especially during the first 2 years of employment.
Fixed Route, Connector and ADA Paratransit and Community Transit services have a combined ridership of nearly 11 million riders annually. Operating 234 Fixed Route buses on 43 routes, 7 days a week, 22 hours a day, SMART buses keep the region moving. Connector is designed for seniors and people with disabilities who can't access SMART's regular Fixed Route service, but want to maintain their independence and stay healthy. Additionally, our Community Partnership Program (CPP), offers a partnership with 76 municipalities and organizations to support local transit service by leveraging federal funding and returning those funds back to local communities to build their own transit program.
School BUS Attendants, School BUS Drivers, Food Service Helpers, Custodial Workers
Baldwinsville Central School District has openings for the SUBSTITUTE positions listed below. SCHOOL BUS ATTENDANTS - Supervise and assist in the safety of school aged children on bus trips to and from school.
Previous experience working with school aged children preferred, but not required. Applicants must be available to work 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. in order to be considered.
Free, comprehensive training is provided to qualify for employment.
SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS – Applicants must be at least 21 years of age and possess a clean, valid driver's license. CDL preferred, but not required. Applicants must be available to work 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. in order to be considered.
Free, comprehensive training is provided to qualify for employment. FOOD SERVICE HELPERS – Participate in the preparation and serving of food in a school setting. Must have the ability to effectively communicate with school staff, administrators and children of all ages, and have the ability to work in any of the District's eight school buildings on an as needed basis.
CUSTODIAL WORKERS - Performs routine manual work involving building cleaning and general labor tasks. Must be available to work in any of the District's eight school buildings on an as needed basis. To apply to any of the above substitute positions or others, go to www.bville.org (click on Human Resources). Complete the on-line application.
Syracuse.com. Keywords: School Bus Driver, Location: Baldwinsville, NY - 13027
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!