Bus Driver Job Description Sample
Paratranist/Shuttle Bus Driver (Connector Bus Operator)
If you like to drive, like people, and either have a CDL, CDL Permit or have the desire to obtain a CDL then this may be the perfect career opportunity for you!
SMART is actively looking for customer-focused, drivers that LOVE to work with the public! We are looking to fill multiple openings.
We have openings throughout our service area in Macomb, Oakland and Wayne counties.
- Paid training, competitive benefits package, healthcare savings program (post-employment), defined benefit pension plan, employee transportation pass, paid vacation, holidays and personal leave days, tuition reimbursement and career opportunities.
- Starting training wage of $12.30/hour; after successful completion of training (8 weeks) the wage will increase to $14.96/hour.
Under general direction, the Connector Bus Operator (CBO) operates motor coaches to transport passengers in a safe, efficient and courteous manner. The CBO is responsible for collecting fares and completing necessary inspections and reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates motor coaches subject to departmental rules, regulations, schedules, and local and state traffic regulations, keeping radio dispatcher aware of status and location.
- Maintains professional image and performs duties in courteous, friendly manner emphasizing positive customer relations.
- Inspects and tests vehicle equipment prior to each run to ensure vehicle safety.
- Reports equipment and maintenance problems or concerns to appropriate management personnel.
- Responsible for the safe loading, transport and unloading of passengers.
- Judges best way to route vehicle from place-to-place in demand-responsive service.
- Provides schedule, route, fare, directional and general information to customers.
- Responsible for collecting proper fares, inspecting passes, receiving and issuing transfers.
- Assists passengers, particularly the elder and handicapped persons, in boarding or exiting vehicle as necessary, including operation of wheelchair lift and wheelchair restraints.
- Posts appropriate route and destination signs in vehicle.
- Removes ice, snow and slush from platforms.
- Maintains proper lighting, heating and ventilation on vehicle.
- Responsible for inspecting bulletin board daily for directives, policy and procedure announcements.
- Maintains trip sheets and other forms as required.
- Submits written reports on accidents and may be required to serve as witness regarding same.
- Maintains reasonable order aboard the coach.
- Performs related work as required.
- A real desire to drive and serve the public.
- Ability to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License.
- Less than four points on driving record in last five years.
- No suspensions, revocations or restrictions within past 36 months (3 years).
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited school.
- A minimum of 5 years licensed driving experience.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend written directives and service information.
- Ability to perform arithmetical calculations and maintain reports.
- Ability to work in a time-structured environment under minimal direct supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to work with the public.
- Ability to exercise sound and quick judgment in solving problems.
- Ability to read a street map and find unknown locations quickly.
- Knowledge of the service area of the assigned terminal: Major streets and landmarks, street numbering systems, etc.
- Ability to successfully complete employment history verification and criminal background check, medical examination including drug screening, and employment interview.
- Ability to work various shifts, weekends, holidays, split days off, especially during the first 2 years of employment.
Fixed Route, Connector and ADA Paratransit and Community Transit services have a combined ridership of nearly 11 million riders annually. Operating 234 Fixed Route buses on 43 routes, 7 days a week, 22 hours a day, SMART buses keep the region moving. Connector is designed for seniors and people with disabilities who can't access SMART's regular Fixed Route service, but want to maintain their independence and stay healthy. Additionally, our Community Partnership Program (CPP), offers a partnership with 76 municipalities and organizations to support local transit service by leveraging federal funding and returning those funds back to local communities to build their own transit program.
Bus Driver / Charter Bus Driver
A nationwide leader in transportation is seeking full-time drivers to join our family in Boston, MA. We have grown to become one of the area's largest bus carriers, we continue to strive for excellence in the transportation industry. We offer paid professional development to give you the skills you need to operate our fleet of modern motor-coaches.
We offer training for those who are not fully qualified. Those who are fully qualified are eligible for a sign on bonus for up to $3,000.
• Potential earnings up to 56k a year
• Health, Dental and Vision plans after 90 days
• A 401(k) plan after one year
• Paid training
• Paid vacation
• Must be 21 years of age
• CDL CLASS A or B w Passenger & Air Brake endorsement permit
• Clean Driving Record
• Must meet DOT physical qualifications
• Must pass pre-employment drug test
• Must be willing to work varied schedules including weekends and holidays
Please apply today for an immediate interview!!
Bus Operator / Bus Driver
Bus Operator with clean CDL License Class-B with passenger endorsement.
Union shop with many benefits.
Driver - School Bus Driver
Schedule: 5 1/2 hours/day (split shift or AM/PM Only)
Salary Range: $16.69 per hour
Denver Public Schools Shared Core Values:
Students First, Integrity,Equity, Collaboration, Accountability, Fun!
We are the largest school district with more than 90,000+ students and 200 schools.
*Looking for someone with flexible hours AM Only, PM Only, or Both.*
Essential Functions and Objectives:
- The Bus Driver is responsible for the safe and efficient transportation of elementary, middle and high school students, including students with special needs, on regular routes, excursions and athletic trips.
- The school bus driver must meet all Federal State and Local requirements, obey all traffic laws and operate the school bus safely.
Knowledge, Experience, & Other
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a valid Colorado commercial driver's license (CDL) - Class B with P2S endorsements if this license is not currently held
- Certification in CPR is preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of over 200 schools, including traditional, magnet, charter and pathways schools, with an enrollment of 90,000+ students. Of those, 58% of the school district's enrollment is Hispanic, 20%is Caucasian, and 15% is African American. Seventy-two percent of the district's students qualify for free and reduced lunch.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Tom Boasberg and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in terms of student academic growth. DPS is committed to establishing Denver as a national leader in student achievement, high school graduation and college career readiness.
CDL Driver - Motor Coach / Bus Driver
GEM Transportation hiring full-time professional motor coach operators to join our team operating our fleet of motor coaches, and mini-buses.
- Competitive Wages
- 401k program after one year of service, WITH Company matching
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Training
- Health / Dental / AFLAC / Life Insurance available
- Unique and exciting opportunities with every trip
- 24/7 operations with in-house dispatch, vehicle maintenance and safety departments
- Great work environment at a stable, growing passenger transportation company that cares about its employees
- Be 25 years of age or older
- Well groomed
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Committed to providing excellent customer service to all passengers/clients
- Flexible schedule
- Clean driving Record
- Currently hold a Class A or B CDL license with Passenger Endorsements
- Pass pre-employment and random drug testing
- Pass D.O.T. physical
- Pass thorough background checks
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. over your head, comfortable sitting for extended periods of time and able to assist passenger on/off the vehicle
- Ability to read maps and use of GPS system
CDL Driver / Bus Driver
Love to drive, love explore and meet people? We may have the career for you. Northwestern Stage Lines has opening for Charter Drivers. This position would driving throughout the northwest and beyond, going to concerts, weddings, athletic events and other events.
*Works with group to make sure the group has a enjoyable trip.
* Maintains safe conditions by complying with traffic regulations; observing traffic conditions; avoiding dangerous situations; enforcing passenger safety rules.
* Organizes work by obtaining route assignment; completing paperwork.
* Prepares vehicle by completing operator inspections; reporting required repairs.
* Picks up and discharges passengers by following designated route; stopping at designated locations; announcing locations; calling in delays; requesting emergency maintenance; making operator repairs.
* Collects revenue by monitoring and enforcing fares.
* Provides for passenger comfort by regulating heating, ventilation, and lighting systems; enforcing passenger conduct rules.
* Helps passengers by providing directions and route information; providing assistance to people with disabilities; reporting accidents; calling for assistance.
* Completes reports by entering required information.
* Load and unload passengers baggage.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Dependability, Deadline-Oriented, Safety Management, Energy Level, Customer Service, Customer Focus, Persistence, Acute Vision, Handles Pressure, Judgment, Teamwork
Must have a Class B CDL with a
Passenger Endorsement.Experience Required:
Preferably 3 years experience however will look at candidates with less experience and the right attitude and skills.
Education Required: High School or equivalent.
Full Time employees have options for 401K, Insurance, Vacation Pay, Sick Pay and more.
School Bus Driver / Motor Coach Driver
Drivers needed...School Bus (Severna Park/Arnold/Annapolis areas) Experience preferred but not required…We will train!
Motor Coach Drivers also needed...professionalism and reliability is a MUST!
Please call our office to get an application and interview: you will need to bring a complete driving record and your PBJ record with you.
Location: 424 Broadneck Road, Annapolis MD 21409
Transportation BUS Driver
ABM, a leading provider of integrated facility solutions, is looking for a Transportation Bus Driver.
The Transportation Bus Driver is responsible for operating an assigned shuttle bus on a designated transportation route. Employee is further responsible for the safe transportation, loading and unloading of passengers.JB.0.26.LN
Responsible for driving cars and buses as required for demonstrating or delivering buses around the SF Bay area, as well as around the Northern California area, as needed. Also responsible for driving chase cars, company cars or the limo as needed for customer pick-up and delivery to/from airport, hotel, Gillig or entertainment venues.
Due to the nature of this position, the work schedule is unpredictable and part-time. This is a very special role within our company. The ideal candidate will desire the flexibility and enjoy the variety of driving assignments on an as-needed basis.
- Respond as required to requests for a driver for a sales related activity including vehicle demos, deliveries or customer transportation
- Conduct bus demos, or bus ride and drive evaluations at various locations as required
- Drive buses to specified locations around the SF Bay Area and Northern California Area as assigned
- Courteously and professionally transport customers to/from various locations as required
- Assist at special events by driving customers/dignitaries as required
- Class B driver’s license with passenger endorsement.
- Knowledgeable about autos and auto repair, as well as
- Bay Area driving directions to popular sites and locations.
- Neat and professional appearance and manner
- Have a reputation of being reliable and on-time.
Transit Bus Driver
In addition to formal training, on-the-job training occurs as we assign our consultants to projects and devote our Research personnel to research initiatives. Our goal is to continuously broaden and deepen each individual?s knowledge and experience.
Ensuring that safety is a priority and that the highest quality of customer care is provided to our customers. Bus driver will transport our customers through city and freeway traffic in a safe and prudent manner, in accordance with all city, county, state and federal laws, as well as company rules and policies.
Care for our customers means assisting all persons in the bus drivers care. Bus drivers operate on an assigned route transporting passengers to and from designated locations and stops, as well as related activities in a safe and timely manner.
The qualified candidate must possess the following: High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
Must be at least 21 years of age. Must have had a valid drivers license for no less than one (1) year. Must have a strong commitment to customer service and safety. Must be available to work a flexible schedule that may include nights, weekends and holidays. Will be required to submit to a criminal background check. Must present a state DMV report verifying a 36 month driving record without a serious moving violation. (Some additional restrictions apply). Must not have had a DWI violation within the past seven (7) years. Must have the ability to pass a DOT physical including a drug test
Ideal candidate must be able to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language. Ability to work rotating shifts including nights, weekends, holidays, and days off.
Must be able to report to work on a regular and timely basis. Ability to tolerate dust, jet fumes and a high noise level. Ability to work without direct supervision.
Minimum Age: 21. Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Experience: Customer service experience preferred.
License: Valid driver?s license including commercial certification (CDL). Citizenship: Must possess the legal right to work in the United States. Physical
Sit for prolonged periods of time. Ability to assist handicapped passengers on and off the vehicle. Ability to open heavy passenger bus door.
Ability to distinguish colors red, green, and yellow. It is mandatory that our Bus Drivers maintain a clean DMV driving record. Reading/Writing Skills.
Understand and Follow Written/Verbal Instructions. High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Interpersonal Skills.
Dependability and Teamwork. Ability to Concentrate and Pay Close Attention to Detail.
Our performance management system is critical to our professional development activities. Ongoing reviews promote continuous growth and development by evaluating existing strengths, targeting future development opportunities and working with each individual to identify success factors.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!