Bus Inspector Job Description Sample
Head Bus Driver, School Bus Driver, Substitute Bus Drivers
NAPLES CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT is looking to fill the following positions:
HEAD BUS DRIVER to start on or about December 7, 2017.
CDL License with P & S endorsement; 19A certified with SBDI and/or willingness to obtain.
Dispatch; Training; Routing; Payroll; Submitting any & all additional paperwork; Driving at least a portion of each day. Hours: 6:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (1 hr. unpaid lunch); Additional hours may be expected. Competitive salary based on experience & contract. Send letter of interest, application, recommendations and resume to Chad Hunt, Director of Facilities & Transportation, Naples Central School District, 136 North Main Street, Naples, NY 14512 or email to email@example.com by November 17, 2017. Applications and information are available at www.naplescsd.org. EOE
SCHOOL BUS DRIVER One full-time position, 2 or 3 runs/day, includes benefits;
CDL License with P & S endorsement; Good Physical Condition; Meets 19A Requirements; A desire to work with children; An ability to work well with others;. Applications must be submitted by November 17, 2017 to Naples Central School, 136 North Main St., Naples, NY 14512 Attn: Chad Hunt, Director of Facilities & Transportation. Applications and information are available on the Naples Central School Website at www.naplescsd.org.
SUBSTITUTE SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS also needed: School Bus Drivers are required to have a CDL license with Passenger endorsement. (Training available.) If you have any questions, contact Chad Hunt, Director of Facilities & Transportation as above. Applications and information are available at www.naplescsd.org. EOE
DC Trails, Inc. has immediate opening for a Full-Time Bus Mechanic. We are looking for qualified applicants with a flexible, positive attitude and dedication to quality customer service.
- Must have 2-4 years hands-on experience
- Bus/Heavy Vehicle maintenance exprerience preferred
- Air brake & inspector certification preferred
- A/C certification preferred
- Must pass pre-employment and random drug tests
- Must be able to pass a background check that includes driving history as well as a criminal background check
- Must posses their own hand tools
Salary & Benefits:
- Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
Don't Have A Resume? Come by and fill out an application. Application can be picked up at: 8025 Mims St. Lorton, VA 22079.
Courtesy Bus Driver (Dtg.Courtesy Bus Driver..Operations.Nonex)
The Courtesy Bus Driver is an essential member of the airport location team and is the brand ambassador, providing the fastest, easiest, and most valued experience to our customers. This team member is responsible for the safe, friendly, efficient transportation of customers between multiple airport terminals and the Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group rental location.
The key responsibilities and accountabilities are:
- Provide timely shuttle service to customers to/from airport terminal to Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group facility, in compliance with Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group’s policies and procedures and local laws.
- Personally welcome customers boarding the bus, assist with luggage and answer questions in a friendly manner.
- Effectively communicate stops and safety information through PA or Talking Bus System; if needed, communicate with other Courtesy Service Drivers, Bus operations Supervisor using standard codes.
- Provide world class customer service by determining customer’s reservation status and communicate to lounge manager / provide excellent customer service to all customers using the required customer service dialogue whilst maintaining the right company image at all times.
- Conduct bus inspection to ensure customer and employee safety and bring any defect / damage to the attention of the supervisor.
- Maintain appearance appropriate for providing best in class customer service in accordance with established guidelines
- Ensure the bus is kept tidy at all times with maps available.
- Contribute to continuous improvement by communicating customer feedback to team and engaging in action planning to improve performance and customer satisfaction.
Complete any relevant paperwork in line with Company Audit and Department of Transport standards
High School Diploma or equivalent
Passion for customer service and attention to detail – Go the extra mile.
At least 1 year of commercial driving experience or record or road test or alternatively a CDL Class B with passenger and air brake endorsements
Minimum 2 years PCV catD1 driving experience (International)
Minimum of 2 years Customer Service Experience
25 years of age or older
Must be able to:
- Obtain a DOT medical clearance
- Work flexible shifts including weekends and holidays; and work overtime as required.
- Work indoors and outdoors during all weather conditions.
- Communicate in English clearly and proficiently. Candidates fluent in other languages are encouraged to apply
- Work in a fast pacedenvironment with a variety of tasks
- Demonstrate professionalism, excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Lift up to 45 pounds
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.
Congratulations on taking the first step in becoming a part of the highly qualified and motivated team that makes Hertz one of the top car rental/car leasing and equipment providers in the world. Joining the Hertz team is both a rewarding and challenging experience and can place candidates in any of our available positions in many of our airport, off-airport, regional, branch and headquarter facilities.
School Bus Driver Trainee & School Bus Driver
School Bus Driver -Trainee
Ocean View School District is looking for fun, energetic people to safely transport students on school routes, local field trips, and athletic events.
Paid training available.
*Must be willing to work a split schedule. Must have a Good Driving Record. Must be able to pass a Background Check.
No experience necessary. Classes starting soon. *We have Permanent and Substitute positions, available.
Pay: $10.00/hr for Trainees; Substitute and Permanent School Bus Driver Positions start at: $20.552/hr
To be considered for the next Training Class go to:
Attach a copy of your Driver's License & a Recent DMV H-6
H-6 (ten year driving history) print-outs are available at any DMV for $5.
The H-6 must be Recent (within last 30 days) and must be an Original H-6 printed by DMV.
No substitutes. No free online versions.
Applications must be filled out completely, including ten years of work & residential history. Résumés may be submitted as a separate attachment and should include 10 years of work history.
For questions, please call 714 847-2551 ext. 3523. Please leave a call back number if staff is busy.
>>>>>>>For Current School Bus Drivers:
Please go to: https://www.edjoin.org/Home/JobPosting/961558
Attach your H-6 and all Credentials i.e. (CDL, Special Certificate, Medical Card, and if required, First Aid Card.)
Bus Driver / Charter Bus Driver
A nationwide leader in transportation is seeking full-time drivers to join our family in Boston, MA. We have grown to become one of the area's largest bus carriers, we continue to strive for excellence in the transportation industry. We offer paid professional development to give you the skills you need to operate our fleet of modern motor-coaches.
We offer training for those who are not fully qualified. Those who are fully qualified are eligible for a sign on bonus for up to $3,000.
• Potential earnings up to 56k a year
• Health, Dental and Vision plans after 90 days
• A 401(k) plan after one year
• Paid training
• Paid vacation
• Must be 21 years of age
• CDL CLASS A or B w Passenger & Air Brake endorsement permit
• Clean Driving Record
• Must meet DOT physical qualifications
• Must pass pre-employment drug test
• Must be willing to work varied schedules including weekends and holidays
Please apply today for an immediate interview!!
Site Manager, Mentor Coach, Bus Driver, Bus Monitor, Maintenance, Teachers 0-5
The Springfield Urban League,Inc. is seeking candidates for the following positions:
SITE MANAGER, EDUCATION MENTOR COACH, PART-TIME BUS DRIVER,PART-TIME BUS MONITOR, MAINTENANCE,TEACHERS 0-5
Please refer to www.springfieldul.org for job Descriptions. EOE
Please send resume,application, copy of transcript and letter of interest to SUL Human Resources, 100 North 11th Street, Springfield,IL 62723.
Bus Driver / Bus Operator ( Woodland, CA - Yolobus )
Overview Bus Drivers needed in location signing/hiring/retention bonus OR $14.25 - $18.45 - Transdev is actively hiring bus drivers for their type of service transit service in location. We are looking for safe, friendly drivers to help passengers move around throughout location using public transportation. Come join the largest private-sector operator of public transportation in North America one that cares about its employees, passengers and their communities.
Why Drive With Us?
PAY RATES: $/HOUR - CDL not required at time of application, but must be able to obtain once hired - $1000 signing/hiring/retention/other bonus
Paid health benefits, along with flexible work schedules
Drive a transit bus and transport passengers aroundlocationin safe and courteous manner
Greet passengers, ensure fare payment and maintain a safe environment
Notify dispatch of any incidents, accidents, mechanical concerns
Other duties as required
Qualifications + 21 years old or older with a high school diploma, GED or equivalent
A valid driver’s license in good standing
Excellent customer and communication skills
Other requirements if required, but keep as short as possible
Physical Requirements Include Ability to:
Sit for extended periods of time
Lift, push, pull, and carry tools, objects, or equipment above shoulder level without assistance
Move up and down stairs easily
Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping If you have any questions, please contact usinsert email and phone. For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careersThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfmDrug free workplaceIf based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
Position Category _Driver/Operator
- Bus, Paratransit, Taxi, Limo, Shuttle_
Internal Code 3Ind1Company/DivisionTransdev Services
Paratranist/Shuttle Bus Driver (Connector Bus Operator)
If you like to drive, like people, and either have a CDL, CDL Permit or have the desire to obtain a CDL then this may be the perfect career opportunity for you!
SMART is actively looking for customer-focused, drivers that LOVE to work with the public! We are looking to fill multiple openings.
We have openings throughout our service area in Macomb, Oakland and Wayne counties.
- Paid training, competitive benefits package, healthcare savings program (post-employment), defined benefit pension plan, employee transportation pass, paid vacation, holidays and personal leave days, tuition reimbursement and career opportunities.
- Starting training wage of $12.30/hour; after successful completion of training (8 weeks) the wage will increase to $14.96/hour.
Under general direction, the Connector Bus Operator (CBO) operates motor coaches to transport passengers in a safe, efficient and courteous manner. The CBO is responsible for collecting fares and completing necessary inspections and reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates motor coaches subject to departmental rules, regulations, schedules, and local and state traffic regulations, keeping radio dispatcher aware of status and location.
- Maintains professional image and performs duties in courteous, friendly manner emphasizing positive customer relations.
- Inspects and tests vehicle equipment prior to each run to ensure vehicle safety.
- Reports equipment and maintenance problems or concerns to appropriate management personnel.
- Responsible for the safe loading, transport and unloading of passengers.
- Judges best way to route vehicle from place-to-place in demand-responsive service.
- Provides schedule, route, fare, directional and general information to customers.
- Responsible for collecting proper fares, inspecting passes, receiving and issuing transfers.
- Assists passengers, particularly the elder and handicapped persons, in boarding or exiting vehicle as necessary, including operation of wheelchair lift and wheelchair restraints.
- Posts appropriate route and destination signs in vehicle.
- Removes ice, snow and slush from platforms.
- Maintains proper lighting, heating and ventilation on vehicle.
- Responsible for inspecting bulletin board daily for directives, policy and procedure announcements.
- Maintains trip sheets and other forms as required.
- Submits written reports on accidents and may be required to serve as witness regarding same.
- Maintains reasonable order aboard the coach.
- Performs related work as required.
- A real desire to drive and serve the public.
- Ability to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License.
- Less than four points on driving record in last five years.
- No suspensions, revocations or restrictions within past 36 months (3 years).
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited school.
- A minimum of 5 years licensed driving experience.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend written directives and service information.
- Ability to perform arithmetical calculations and maintain reports.
- Ability to work in a time-structured environment under minimal direct supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to work with the public.
- Ability to exercise sound and quick judgment in solving problems.
- Ability to read a street map and find unknown locations quickly.
- Knowledge of the service area of the assigned terminal: Major streets and landmarks, street numbering systems, etc.
- Ability to successfully complete employment history verification and criminal background check, medical examination including drug screening, and employment interview.
- Ability to work various shifts, weekends, holidays, split days off, especially during the first 2 years of employment.
Fixed Route, Connector and ADA Paratransit and Community Transit services have a combined ridership of nearly 11 million riders annually. Operating 234 Fixed Route buses on 43 routes, 7 days a week, 22 hours a day, SMART buses keep the region moving. Connector is designed for seniors and people with disabilities who can't access SMART's regular Fixed Route service, but want to maintain their independence and stay healthy. Additionally, our Community Partnership Program (CPP), offers a partnership with 76 municipalities and organizations to support local transit service by leveraging federal funding and returning those funds back to local communities to build their own transit program.
Bus Operator / Bus Driver
Bus Operator with clean CDL License Class-B with passenger endorsement.
Union shop with many benefits.
School Bus Driver/Trainee
SCHOOL BUS DRIVER
At Visser Bus Services our potential employees are people who are interested in working in the school transportation field. There are many opportunities for individual growth and progress for those who have initiative, ability, and interest in learning. The professional school bus driver we train and employ is performing many tasks which include but are not limited to supervising the behavior of pupils, driving the bus, following an established route, maintaining a time schedule, compensating for the driving errors of other motorists, and many times coping with adverse weather and road conditions. In order that such tasks may be performed safely and effectively, the school bus driver must obey laws, follow school board and administrative rules, and practice recommended procedures for safe school bus operation. We are transporting the most precious cargo on earth - OUR STUDENTS.
A. Non-Certified Candidate
1. Clean driving record
2. No prior criminal background.
3. Knows safe driving practices and techniques.
4. Knowledge of California state traffic laws and regulations
5. Likes children and cares about their safety in transportation.
B. Certified School Bus Driver
1. Maneuvers a large vehicle in congested traffic.
2. Ability to drive in varying conditions (road & weather).
3. Diagnoses mechanical malfunctions relative to bus operations.
4. Must adhere to District, County, and State safety standards and procedures.
5. Maintain good rapport with students.
6. Ability to use good judgment in emergency situations.
7. Ability to work cooperatively with public, staff, and students.
8. Must possess and maintain a current California School Bus Commercial Driver's License.
9. Maintains Special School Bus Certificate, Medical Card (DL-51) & First Aid card.
10. Clean driving record.
11. No prior criminal background and cleared fingerprints.
We are currently hiring for certified school bus drivers, these positions are part-time. Pay rate varies between $15.30-$18.50 per hour and is based on your driving experience. We offer benefits after 60 days of employment. Company currently pays 71% of medical premium for employee. We are currently hiring for our Etiwanda(Rancho Cucamonga) and our new location in Upland.
We are also taking applications for non-certified individuals that are interested in becoming a school bus driver. Classes will begin very soon.
Please download, print and fill out our application at www.visserbus.com/careers
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!