Business Analyst Job Description Sample
Financial Business Analyst / Sr. Financial Business Analyst
As the head of the company's FP&A activities, the Financial Business Analyst / Sr. Financial Business Analyst / Manager of FP&A (title based on credentials; official manager title upon addition of supporting staff and promotion) will be responsible for providing financial and operational analytical support to the CFO, CEO, Controller, and Management team. This will include monthly financial analysis and presentation of actual results and forecast. In addition, this position will help develop and analyze operational improvements, budgetary control and utilization, working capital and cash flow performance, and strategic plans/investments. Great opportunity to work in a highly visible position in a fast-paced environment amongst a solid management team. This is a newly created position due to growth and the person hired will have the opportunity to create/define the position. This is an individual contributor role at this time, but with company growth, will be responsible for adding supporting staff.
Business Analyst / Senior Business Analyst - Flights
We look for people who love data, can apply analytical functions to identify underlying patterns and structures, can think strategically to draw out big picture conclusions, correlations, and recommendations, and can communicate all these results clearly and using a variety of methods. As a Business Analyst, you will use insight from priceline's data to guide our product vision and achieve tactical business objectives. You will do so by diving deep into our Flights business to develop a complete understanding of the priceline Flights business processes, evaluate and optimize business processes and revenue streams, and uncover strategic opportunities.
You will also be working closely with our other Business Analysts and product owners. Candidates must be creative, detail oriented, and comfortable analyzing large datasets. Candidates must be able to use this data to optimize and enhance the business performance.
We want someone who not only exudes enthusiasm and is totally personable, but also someone with a demonstrable track record of excelling in whatever he or she is passionate about. The ideal candidate must be adept at working with cross functional teams, from airline business managers to frontline channel owners, to communicate and implement business insights and growth strategies.
Analytical thinking with a data-driven approach to problem solving Collect, clean and maintain data Generate insights and reports from the data Identify strategic opportunities using data and set them in motion Challenge the status quo, propose innovative solutions and compel change The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
Technical knowledge (SQL, R, Python, Git, etc.) along with strong background in business and statistics Proficiency in Excel and other analytic and data visualization tools such as Tableau Exposure to tools like Apache Hive, Cloudera Impala or other Hadoop tools Experience with computer programming / scripting (i.e. JAVA or Python) is beneficial but not essential Enjoy using data (big and small) to come to actionable conclusions Detailed execution with a passion for innovation Experience developing high quality analysis, products and/or business cases Demonstrated ability to learn and master new subject areas quickly Strong written and verbal communication skills Able to bridge business and technical domains with an interest/ability to learn new technologies and business models Ability to collaborate and work in a small team with little direction Master's or Bachelor's degree in statistics, mathematics, or a related field SDL2017
IT Business Analyst / Business Systems Analyst / BA / BSA - Insurance
Join a dynamic team at a growing organization where you can expand your skills with cutting edge technologies and Agile methodologies.
IT Business Analyst / Business Systems Analyst / BA / BSA - Insurance (Permanent or Contract)
The IT Business Analyst gathers and analyzes functional and technical information to help design and support information technology solutions, as a bridge between people, process, and technology.
- Collaborates with business users, gathering business requirements and providing direction.
- Analyzes and documents business needs, and translates them into technical requirements.
- Collaborates with Developers and QA, to clarify systems capabilities and resolve issues.
- Participates in Agile/Scrum process including stand ups, sprint planning, backlog, etc.
- Involved with project planning, scheduling, tracking, and budgeting as needed.
- Assists in various stages including development, testing, and production support.
- Involved with system testing, data validation, defect triage and workarounds.
- 5+ years of work experience as a Business Analyst and/or Systems Analyst.
- Experience with software development, QA, and/or Project Management.
- 3+ years of insurance industry experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required in computer science or a related field.
- Agile/Scrum experience strongly preferred.
- Specialized Technical experts for implementations and upgrades
- Functional resources driving and managing project related activities
- Providing interim resources for operational support at peak times
- Permanent hire placements focused on both skill set and culture fit
Application Development, Web Development, Mobile Development, eCommerce, Business Intelligence (BI), Data Warehouse, ETL, Analytics & Reporting, Database Administration (DBA), System Integration, Enterprise Resource Management (ERP), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Quality Assurance (QA) Testing
Cloud Technologies, Virtualization, Data Center, Enterprise Architecture, Information Systems Security, System Administration, Network Engineering, Servers & Storage, Desktop Support & Administration, SCCM, VOIP
PROJECT & IT LEADERSHIP
Project Management, Program Management, Business Analysis, Systems Analysis, PMO, Release Management, Change Management, Process Improvement, Agile & Scrum Masters, IT Management, Executive Search, ITIL & IT Compliance
VISIT THE VITAL FAMILY OF COMPANIES
Vital Nurse Staffing - www.vitalnursestaff.com
CORE Staffing (f/k/a CORE Respiratory Services) - www.corerespiratory.com
rtNOW - www.rtnow.net
Need 3 Business Systems Analyst / Business Analyst /Bsa / BA
We are in need of 3 Business Systems Analysts. Feel free to call/email me at email@example.com / 510.795.4800 159. Thank you.
Location: NYC, NY / San Francisco, CA
Duration: Long Term
Raju 510.795.4800 X 159 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Intelligence Business Analyst
We are currently looking to add Business Intelligence Business Analyst to our growing Information Management practice. The right candidate will possess strong software development Business Analyst skills, in addition to a deep understanding of Business Intelligence and Information Management practices. This role is a senior member of our Information Management delivery organization and is critical in executing quality, client-aligned solutions.
- Conduct user interviews and/or facilitated group sessions
- Identify and document business requirements
- Capture and document business/data definitions and rules
- Determine types of data
- Validate the quality of data
- Identify scope of requirements
- Strong communication and analysis skills
- General knowledge of best practices and methodologies related to Business Intelligence systems and implementations
- Understanding of Business Intelligence technical concepts (ETL, Reporting and database structures)
- Familiarity with Dashboards, analytic applications, performance management, scorecards, predictive analysis/data mining concepts and applications
- Solid background and understanding of data and information management concepts
- Understanding of business rules, data sourcing and data analytics
- Advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Process design and documentation skills
- Strong problem solving skills and abilities
Business Analyst 3 (Business Systems Analyst 2 (N-It))
In this role you will support Bonneville Power Administration’s (BPA’s) Transmission Technology Services Internal Business Ops organization (TTB). This position performs systems analysis, interfacing with users to support functional requirements development, analysis of tools and techniques to support the development of systems, troubleshooting, analysis, performance monitoring and improvement of systems used by the Operations functions.
- Assist with developing and documenting processes and procedures to support TTB in the operation of an interconnected utility:
- Prepare and conduct program presentations, in-house and client training, job-aids, and functional education.
- Assist with development of necessary documentation to support reporting and audit requirements.
- Prepare technical reports, documents, studies, and system documentation as required.
- Create requirements documentation, review with user representatives, recommend priorities and obtain user signoff. Manage the requirements documentation created and map it to specific delivery releases and schedules
- Assist BPA management in defining and developing metrics, reports and dashboards for users ranging from project managers to Front Office executives.
- Support organization system change and configuration management efforts:
- Serve as a process point of contact for the organization
- Support system modeling
- Define, develop, and document new processes and procedures as required
- Support process and procedure roll-out and implementation
- Develop and provide training as required
- Perform System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes.
- Conduct internal interviews and facilitate workshops to elicit business requirements.
- Research, analyze, model and organize information for developing / drafting and recommending requirements.
- Decompose high-level information into details and abstract up from low-level information to distinguish between solution ideas and business needs.
- Facilitate requirements validation sessions and present findings. Provide analysis and fact-based criteria to the requirements and/or solutions vetting process, incorporating analysis and criteria in decision-making materials and presentations.
- Prepare documentation for project development efforts (including use cases, requirements, test plans, process maps, and desk procedures) and working closely with development team and business teams to ensure successful implementation.
- Work with appropriate BPA manager / personnel to facilitate resolution of conflicting priorities and requirements, as well as conflicting team positions in order to build consensus among internal stakeholders and project team members.
- Develop and present recommendations and supporting analysis for management decisions.
Mandatory Qualifications (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
- Required Experience: A minimum combination of work-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training is desired. Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of Information Technology, Business Systems, or other related IT specialty.
- Minimum Related Experience. 9 – 11+ years of demonstrated analyst work experience in Computer/Information Technology, Business Systems and requirements engineering, operations management or a directly-related field is required without a degree.
- Associate’s Degree in Computer/Information Technology, Business Systems, Engineering or a directly-related technical field can be substituted for 1 year required experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in specified or directly-related field can be substituted for 2 years required experience.
- 1 year experience in all aspects of the software development lifecycle for a high availability environment is required.
- 1 year experience in the use of change and configuration management tools/systems is required.
- 1 year previous compliance and/or audit support experience is required.
- 1 year experience with process development and roll-out is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products, including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Project (MS Office 2010 proficiency required).
Experience to include - Technical
- Knowledge of and experience is required with the following:
- Software development Lifecycle methodologies
- Systems development and maintenance environments
- High availability environments
- Change management concepts and practices
- Configuration management concepts and practices
- Project management and coordination concepts and principles
- Compliance and standards as applied to systems development
- Experience in any aspect of the software development lifecycle for a utility environment.
- Experience with project management tools
- Experience with resource planning and scheduling tools
- Experience with financial analysis, tools and reports
Desired Qualifications (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
- Associate’s Degree in Computer/Information Technology, Business Systems, Engineering or a directly-related technical field is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer/Information Technology, Business Systems, Engineering or a directly-related technical field is highly desirable.
Salient CRGT is a leading provider of health, data analytics, cloud, agile software development, mobility, cyber security, and infrastructure solutions. We support these core capabilities with full lifecycle IT services and training—to help our customers meet critical goals for pivotal missions. We are purpose-built for IT transformation supporting federal civilian, defense, homeland, and intelligence agencies, as well as Fortune 1000 companies.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, express interest by clicking the Apply button below (if you are viewing this position on the Salient CRGT website). If you are viewing this job posting outside of the Salient CRGT website, please visit:www.salientcrgt.com/careers to express interest in this position through the Salient CRGT Careers page.
Salient CRGT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other factor prohibited by applicable anti-discrimination laws.
Business Analyst Software Analyst ( Security )
Reports To: Sr Director, Security & Infrastructure
ITSM, ITIL Certified, "Service Now"
This role will be responsible for the Planning & Performance management of the Security & Infrastructure team. The role includes several functions such as maintaining IT performance metrics, problem management, assurance management, delivery performance, and capacity & availability management. The position will be crucial for implementing key strategies and sustaining a high performing IT organization.
· Understand the technology and business strategies of the company
- Participate in developing the IT strategy and technology plan
· Create and maintain appropriate IT performance metrics
· Provide services such as assurance, delivery, and availability management and work collaboratively at all levels of the IT organization to ensure effective team operations
· Problem management (ITSM)
· Identify potential opportunities that increase operational and business efficiencies and work proactively with the users to action them
· Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy
- Understand IT service cost drivers and effectively connect cost of service to consumption drivers
- Guide continuous improvement efforts for the IT services
· Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
· Able to understand business and IT functionality
· Excellent understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies
· Intellectual curiosity and the ability to question thought partners across functional areas
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
· Good technical documentation skills
· Ability to partner with IT staff to identify course of resolutions
· Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
· In-depth understanding of the various software development lifecycles (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
· Ability to work independently
· Strong negotiation skills
Minimum Required Education, Credentials, Licenses and Experience:
· Minimum five years of experience in business analysis or project management
· Strong Visio and PowerPoint skills
· Well versed in AIM/SDLC/Agile Methodologies
· 3+ years working in the IT industry
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field
· Certification with industry standards such as PMP, ITIL, etc. preferred
Legal Data Analyst & Business Analyst
Growing legal data startup is seeking a motivated JD or individual with a legal background looking for something different. We are looking for a versatile candidate who can fill a dual role as a data and business analyst. On the data side, you will be responsible for data review, organization and quality control. Familiarity with court data and legal terminology is important for this job. On the business side, you will be responsible for coordinating between internal team members working on various projects to (1) gather project requirements, (2) assign tasks to responsible team members based on those requirements, and (3) follow up with team members to ensure that projects are moving forward as scheduled. As part of your job, you will also be responsible for helping test software developed by the company, and assist in ongoing quality control tasks.
Senior Financial Analyst / Business Analyst / Transaction Services
Pugh Executive Search is assisting a growing company based in the Coppell area to identify an outstanding Senior Financial Analyst. This position will support the CFO of a profitable but growing $35M corporation in all financial reporting and analysis. This person will serve as the initial Finance hire and will establish the finance function, build the financial reporting package, dashboard and scorecard for operational analysis and corporate finance. This is a position that will receive a high level of visibility and requires excellent communication and presentation skills.
BBA in Finance, Economics, Math or Accounting is required with a MBA or CPA highly preferred. 3+ of progressive financial modeling/analytics/ or Data Warehouse experience is required. Excel and Access skills required.
Business Analyst / Senior Business Analyst
Want to be part of a customer focused, high performance, high integrity team of technology professionals? At OneNeck IT Solutions we deliver world class IT solutions 365/24/7. We’re in search of dynamic individuals that are passionate about technology and providing best-in-class customer service. Our managed services engagements allow our employees to have access to a variety of technologies and environments, broadening your skillset while preparing you for future growth. OneNeck IT Solutions LLC employs nearly 550 people throughout the U.S. The company offers hybrid IT solutions including cloud and hosting solutions, managed services, ERP application management, professional services, IT hardware and top-tier data centers in Arizona, Colorado, Iowa, Minnesota, Oregon and Wisconsin. OneNeck's team of technology professionals manage secure, world-class, hybrid IT infrastructures and applications for thousands of businesses around the globe. The Business Analyst / Senior Business Analyst is responsible for the development and planning of business requirements for new systems, system changes or enhancements in coordination with business users, management, other IT resources and/or vendors. Works closely with business partners and customers to identify and analyze practical solutions through existing or new business systems technology while providing a consultative approach when working with clients, communicating best practices to achieve client goals. Primarily works on larger inter-connected business processes, projects of large scope, and or extremely complex environments that usually involve multiple departments or have companywide impact. Prepare and present analysis findings and recommendations to project teams, business departments and up-to and including executive management.
Gather business requirements and translate them into technical requirements for the creation of system and application features, enhancements, and functions.
Applies in-depth knowledge and proficiency of supported business areas and engages business partners in evaluating opportunities for process integration and refinement.
Identifies specific business requirements as communicated by a sponsoring business area, including cross-referencing requirements articulated by multiple business areas. Conducts research on best practices and industry/functional trends as required.
Identify and document business processes, gather requirements; and determine scope of implementation phase. Formulate and propose implementation plans which deliver the "right value" at the "right time" for the business.
Successfully translate business goals into process changes and supporting system requirements.
Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
Organizes and facilitates meetings/workshops where business requirements and application objectives are articulated, accurately captured and maintained/distributed appropriately.
Explain end to end how their project relates within the context of the application(s), and how it will enhance the work process for those using the system.
Act as a liaison between business process owners they support and the IT team. Work closely with business partners and IT business solutions implementation team during project execution and deployment.
Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with customers, business contacts, IT departments, and vendors
Decompose high‐level business requirements into an appropriate level of business rules and detailed user, functional, and non‐functional requirements using alternative views such as flows, diagrams, models, and use cases when applicable.
Work with development and business personnel to develop and execute plans to test and validate systems/applications and business requirements ‐ including developing user documentation, draft of training materials, manual updates, and field communications. or- Assists in the development of testing, training development/support, and launch plans as required to aid in delivery of a quality product, designed for user acceptance and adoption Please note: We can hire this position as a Business Analyst or Senior Business Analyst. Requirements for each position are listed in the qualifications section. We will assess applicants based on skills set and years of relevant experiences. Business Analyst Required Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree or higher or 4+ years professional work experience.
5+ years’ experience in IT business, analytics, informatics, project management and process automation.
5+years’ experience in business and systems analysis, workflow/process analysis, managing complex application projects Senior Business Analyst Required Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree or higher or 4+ years professional work experience.
7+ years’ experience in IT business, analytics, informatics, project management and process automation.
7+years’ experience in business and systems analysis, workflow/process analysis, managing complex application projects Other Qualifications
Expert knowledge in analysis of business process, workflow and modeling.
Expert knowledge in analysis of computer applications that cross numerous operational and servicing disciplines.
Expert knowledge and abilities in Business Requirements gathering and requirements validation. Demonstrated excellent abilities with Root Cause and Effect analysis.
Demonstrated advance data workflow, processing and validation
Hosted and Managed Services industry experience preferred.
Strong knowledge of Word, Power Point, MS Dynamics, and Excel.
Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
Self-motivated individual with ability to work independently or in a team environment.
High integrity and professional values.
An interest in working in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Ability to manage multiple projects and take on increased responsibilities as needed
Ability to use good judgment and discretion, particularly when working with highly confidential information. Benefits: As a part of your total compensation, TDS provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. For an overview of what we have to offer for full-time employees including vacation, health benefits and retirement options please click here. Requisition ID: 2018-12237 External Company Name: Telephone and Data Systems Inc. External Company URL: www.tdsinc.com
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!