Business Analyst Job Description Sample
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
AIG has an opportunity for an ambitious, highly productive Business Analyst to join the Planning and Analysis team within AIG Group Retirement.
The team is highly visible, supports the Executive leadership team and collaborates with all functional areas of the business.
The Business Analyst will play an integral role in acquiring and analyzing data as well as compiling and delivering information to cross functional areas and the Executive leadership team. This person will be critical in modernizing the information delivery mechanisms and supporting business critical applications and processes.
Performing, improving and automating repetitive information delivery processes.
Stewardship of critical data used in planning processes.
Collaborating with colleagues in a variety of roles across the Retirement Services business.
Performing work on ad-hoc analytics projects.
Participation in highly visible, top priority data project work.
Understanding of data structures and database design.
Ability to write and execute PL/SQL queries in Oracle databases.
Effective organization and time management skills with ability to work under pressure.
Project management experience with a strong attention to detail.
Strong technical skills.
Analytical problem solving and financial acumen.
Superior knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
Self-learning, energetic, team player.
Experience in business and data analytics.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
Sr Business Analysts work under supervision and perform a variety of tasks including developing and maintaining various databases, generating reports, and receiving continuous training while working on a variety of projects.
The primary responsibility of an Business Analyst includes supporting data gathering and providing review and analysis of data. Other day-to-day duties include ensuring data integrity, participating in data quality control and validation, and producing requirements documents for various business development activities. An entry-level business analyst may also create and execute test scripts under supervision.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Interacts regularly and directly with the Operations function and has a close user working relationship to ensure industry and best practices are employed.
Develops an intimate knowledge of business strategy, business model, and processes in order to identify improvement opportunities and value-added capabilities.
Liaises with various business groups and users to understand and analyze business problems in an effort to lead toward viable solutions.
Excellent communication, computer, and analytical skills.
Requires knowledge of IT terms and Functions.
Masters' from a reputed University (Required).
Bachelor's is Mandatory
Business Analyst Sr-00960
Partners with Agency business units to understand operational processes in order to prioritize business and information needs and locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing outcome and management reports.
Monitors demographic economic, labor market data and development and changing landscapes within our territory to predict trends for new opportunities as well as partnership opportunities with allied agencies.
Gathers business data requirements to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
Educates Agency business unit managers and staff on how to read and interpret the reports and analyses.
Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Four-year degree in mathematics, statistics, economics, data science, or related field, and three years’ experience providing analytic support; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This will include requirements elicitation and documenting requirements. The business analyst will also be asked to test software on occasion, so software quality assurance testing experience is required.
- Develop an understanding of the business functions and processes
- Document, review and update business and functional requirements based on client’s feedback
- Serve as a business liaison between client and project teams
- Establish, monitor and maintain high client satisfaction levels
- Document, track and resolve problems in client business systems
- Analyze, review, and document current structure and use cases; Analyze and document current application dependencies
- Serve as a business liaison between clients and project teams to help understand user interaction
- Assist project manager in better understanding information gathered about user experience
- Assist in the development of recommendations for redesign of databases and applications
- Assist business clients in developing requirements for future use cases
- Manual testing
- Someone who is energetic and passionate about their work, extremely positive and solution driven
- Requirements gathering experience
- Manual testing experience
- Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision
- Experience coordinating multiple initiatives
- Experience working with business and technical staffs to define, document, and track software requirements and design
- B.S. degree in computer science, management information systems, or equivalent experience
- Experience analyzing and reporting on databases
- Understanding of basic relational database modeling concepts
Title: Business Analyst
Our client is in need of a Business Analyst to join their Marketing team. The Business Analyst will work alongside other business analysts and report directly to the Marketing Manager. The main tasks will include performing detailed requirements analysis, documenting processes, and performing some user acceptance testing. This role analyzes customer data to measure marketing campaigns, test & learn what is successful, generate new insights related to customers’ behaviors and recommend marketing strategies to improve our clients’ business results. To succeed in this role you should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users.
- Capture and document business requirements for system enhancements from global marketing team
- Collaborate with IT and/or outside vendors to brainstorm and evaluate solutions that meet current and future business objectives
- Evaluating business processes and uncovering areas for improvement
- Perform quantitative analyses of customer & transactional data sets to get meaningful insights and improve clients’ marketing strategy
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems
- Serving as a liaison between IT and customers
- Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings
- Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports
- Communicate clearly with the Manager, client project leaders, and other analysts to thoroughly understand client’s needs, analyze data appropriately and deliver the work products to client’s satisfaction
- Design marketing metrics reports and management dashboards for multiple client accounts using data visualization
- Working closely with clients, technicians, and managerial staff
- Performing user acceptance testing
- Monitoring deliverables and ensuring timely completion of projects
- A bachelor’s degree in business or related field or an MBA
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in marketing business analysis or a related field
- Experience with planning and executing data for online and offline marketing campaigns, including list acquisition, test design, audience selections, and model score applications is preferred
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions
- Ability to interpret large and complex marketing datasets for general analyses for different audience types
- Expert in creating business requirements documents and process workflow diagrams
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations
- Intellectually curious, resourceful, with marketing analytics savvy
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent planning, organizational, documentation and time management skills
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Define User Stories (Requirements), maintain functional/User Story repository, works within the development process, represent the needs of the business, overall responsibility for the quality.
- Service Delivery and Continual Service Improvement processes. Quality Assurance. Ask the right questions to guide discussions, ensuring desired outcomes.
- Candidates should have a strong attention to detail and accuracy, and possess a proven record of working both independently and in groups ranging from 4-5 to 20+ people. Candidates must also have the ability to work on multiple concurrent projects.
- Tasks and skills associated include, but are not limited to; familiar with basic project management methodologies (Documenting Minutes; Tracking Action Items, Team assignments and Task Due Dates), formal requirements gathering and knowledge of methodologies, consult with the client to define needs or problems, conduct research, perform studies and surveys to obtain data, and analyze problems to advise on or recommend solutions, developing Business Requirements, developing Functional Requirements - describe what the system, process, or product/service must do in order to fulfill the business requirements, developing User (stakeholder) Requirements – interpret the needs of the stakeholders to provide an accurate / concise deliverable for determination on how the product will be designed, developed, and how test cases must be formulated, creating workflows using formal notation, developing graphic representations of complex business processes, developing non-functional Requirements – requirements that do not perform a specific function for the business requirement, but are needed to support the functionality (i.e.: performance, scalability, quality of service (QoS), security and usability).
Technical Resource Manager |MatchPoint Solutions | Office 925-829-7755| Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Location: Peoria
Duration : Long term.
Business Analyst Requirements:
A bachelor’s degree in business or related field (finance preferred) or an MBA.
A minimum of 3+ year experience in business analysis or a related field.
Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
Excellent documentation skills.
Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Performing requirements analysis.
Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
Documenting and communicating the results of your efforts.
Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports.
Working closely with clients, technicians, and managerial staff.
Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
Performing user acceptance testing.
Serving as a liaison between SME and development team members.
The KnowIt Group is currently interviewing for a Business Analyst for a contract position with our client in Wichita, KS.
Summary:The Business Analyst will be working on a team that manages the corporate applications that support the business. These applications include compliance applications, facilities applications, accounting applications, etc.
- 3+ years as an IT business analyst
- Experience working with requirements gathering
- Experience with working with various groups such as IT and the business.
- Experience working as a BA with customizing, changes, updates, etc. to internal business applications in IT.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop relationships with various people internally 7 externally.
- Ability to think out of the box and work with team members to own the full life cycle of the IT & business requirements.
- Project management or project coordination skills
- BA experience working with facilities management applications
Essential Job Functions:
With only consultative direction, align data, business, and technology to deliver actionable insights needed by the organization to support data-driven decision-making. Enhance tools and solutions that will efficiently produce accurate and timely reports. Review and/or create detailed documentation that is up-to-date and easy to follow.
Determine, implement, and evaluate business metrics to meet ongoing organizational or customer information needs.
Manage reporting tools and solutions, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of results and presenting the data in a manner that is intuitive and easy to understand.
Participate in mission-critical, strategic, and time sensitive reporting projects, tasks, and initiatives
Troubleshoot questions and issues regarding data and reporting.
Minimum Education, Experience & Training Equivalent to:
Minimum of 1 year of experience as a Systems Analyst or equivalent job function
1 to 2 years of experience working with Excel
BA in Statistics, Mathematics, Information Systems, or equivalent.
Able to follow instructions
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
Sensitivity to working with an ethnically, linguistically, culturally, and economically diverse population.
Ability to properly interpret and implement policies, procedures, and regulations.
Excellent interpersonal and verbal, written, and active listening communication skills.
A commitment to the values of the organization while demonstrating good judgment, flexibility, patience and discretion, especially when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters. Demonstrate a high level of professionalism.
Ability to lead the work of others.
Must be able to establish goals and meet objectives with minimal direction, and remain focused and flexible while shifting/changing priorities.
Excellent attention to detail, with meticulous approach to follow-through.
Excellent problem-solving / trouble-shooting skills.
Ability to prioritize multiple deadlines in a fast-paced office environment.
Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively; comfortable working with all levels of the organization.
Experience identifying and presenting opportunities for process improvement.
Ability to sit for extended periods of time up to and including 6-8 hours a day.
Frequent speaking and listening (25-75%) to clients, staff, and others in the workplace.
Visual and auditory ability to work with staff and others in the workplace continuously.
Ability to utilize computer, cell phone (iPhone), fax machine, telephone and copy machine.
Frequent proofreading and checking documents for accuracy.
Must be able to communicate effectively within the workplace, read and write using the primary language within the workplace.
Diligent Consulting, Inc. is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) focused on applications development, integration, deployment, and operation of state-of-the-art information systems that deliver critical network-centric solutions. We have an entrepreneurial environment filled with challenging opportunities for cutting-edge professionals who believe in a commitment to excellence and integrity. We value domain expertise, experience and knowledge and a commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction. We offer an exceptionally generous benefit plan for our employees.
- Builds pricing models for proposals
- Supports Executives, Directors and other functional staff in developing the bids for government acquisitions
- Maximizes profitability of all contracts by ensuring that they achieve targeted financial goals
- Monitors and provides financial analysis of projects and programs to determine their operating efficiency
- Maintain and analyze project costs and schedules and assist with budget, forecast and cost control functions
- Works with VPs, Directors and PMs to provide inputs and create company fiscal year operating budgets
- Creates/coordinates Program Management Reviews (PMRs) presentations to review financial status with Senior Management
- Prepares project budgets, projections and forecasts to enhance internal controls and improve management decision making
- Provides in-depth analysis and recommendations as required
- Prepares formal estimates to complete (ETC) as required
- Develops and maintains metrics to measure, monitor, and increase company efficiency and effectiveness
- Creates and analyzes financial reporting and forecasting to meet customer contractual requirements
- Supports Contracts in the review and execution of contract modifications
- Assists subcontract management in issuing purchase orders and modifications, review/approve subcontractor invoices for processing and payment, review of pricing inputs
- As requested, review invoices prior to submission to DFAS and prime contractors
- Facilitates collection of project artifacts for CMMI assessments and support audits
- BA/BS in Accounting OR Associates degree plus 4 years of experience OR 8 years of experience
- Experience in the management of project/program budget and cost control functions including budgeting, estimating and forecasting
- Ability to identify, understand, and analyze complex financial problems
- Superior computer skills in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be detail-oriented with exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Demonstrated experience with DOD Contracts, EVMS and Financial Analyst experience highly preferred.
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with Deltek GCS Budget and Planning system
- Proficient with TBS Claritas
- Understanding of project accounting and accrual collection
a Public Trust Clearance will be considered.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!