Business Analyst Job Description Sample
ATSC has an immediate opening for a Business Analyst that is passionate about working in a collaborate government contracting environment. A business development analyst is charged with performing analytical tasks for the purpose of developing, analyzing, collating and distributing potential business opportunity summaries and reports to management as well as other staff.
B.S./B.A in Business, Economics, Marketing, Finance or equivalent
Experience in Business analytics in either marketing, finance or supply chain management
Must have strong interpersonal skills.
Must have excellent analytical and research skills.
Must have superior written and verbal communication skills as well as good presentation skills.
Must have good organizational skills and the ability to effectively prioritize tasks.
Must have excellent computer and technical skills and knowledge of report writing software (Microsoft Word).
Must have good problem solving and decision making skills..
Must be detail oriented.
Must be well versed in data gathering and modeling in Microsoft excel
Must have proven track record of providing statistical analysis and good organization as well as team interaction skills
Must have commitment to constantly improve skills with minimal direction, and remain current in trends in the government contracting industry
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Business Development Analyst
Conducts market research into emerging trends in the industry.
Develops and implements targeted surveys for the purpose of gathering market information.
Creates custom reports and generates standard reports for management and staff.
Prepares procedural and operational desk top guides for staff and management.
Develops and implements records management programs for filing and retrieval of records.
Finds new business partners for the company.
Helps create and maintain a marketing plan for a new or existing product.
Helps develop new sales leads for the company.
Researches marketing opportunities and communicates to marketing staff.
Determines target audiences to introduce new product offerings.
Reads publications and attends seminars on industry trends to aid in keeping ahead of the competition.
Identifies potential new markets.
Assists with writing proposals.
Analyzes the techniques and successes of the competition.
Knowledge of SQL or using other query tools
Experience in digital or web analytics
Fluency in a foreign language
Must be willing to work long and flexible hours to meet project deadlines.
Time is spent primarily in a climate controlled office.
Must be able to spend long hours looking at a computer screen and keyboarding.
Must be willing to travel to conferences, seminars and client locations.
Minimum 3 Salesforce.com full life cycle implementations
Strong experience in either the Sales, Service or Marketing Cloud platforms (exposure to Big Machines, Apttus, Cameleon a plus)
Demonstrated ability to design and implement technology-enabled business solutions in client-facing and team leadership roles (e.g. functional lead, work-stream lead, etc)
Ability to lead onshore and off-shore teams in the development of business solutions
Roles & Responsibilities
Lead all or portions of the functional components of a Salesforce.com project: developing requirements and designing prototypes, testing & training strategies
Lead or support defining and implementing practical business solutions based on Salesforce.com technology
Understand requirements (functional and technical) needed to address client needs
Assist with the scoping and planning of Salesforce.com and CRM related projects
Support and contribute to RFP responses and other sales related activities
Perform routine administration functions for Salesforce.com
Participate and coordinate the delivery of work product with offshore teams across project phases
Relevant Experience: 4+ years in a consulting function
Education: Bachelors Degree
Certified Salesforce Administrator
Certified Salesforce.com Sales Cloud and/or Service Cloud Consultant
The Business Analyst will identify and assess new business opportunities for de novo facility growth, mergers and acquisitions, contributing to the overall performance and results of the Development team. This position will work directly with the Development leadership team to model financial performance, analyze data and results, identify issues and trends, and provide recommendations that will impact and drive the overall growth of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and tasks may be assigned.
Identifies and assesses prospective opportunities through financial and data analysis and recommends next steps to executive team:
Provides data-based analysis and insights to support and drive the growth strategy in new and existing market areas
Develops and maintains financial models that support the assessment and underlying valuation of opportunities (de novos, acquisitions, divestitures, etc.)
Develops detailed analytical summaries highlighting recommendations for next steps in order to move opportunities through the internal executive approval process
Prepares key analysis and materials for JV partners, Development, Operations, and executive team:
Physician/hospital joint venture meetings to review clinical, operational, financial and growth opportunities
Internal approval meetings for new de novo and acquisition growth
Regional growth strategy sessions, including follow-up and execution of priorities
Internal executive reporting
Collaborates with Legal and Development teams to determine deal terms and negotiate legal documents.
Provides financial and data analysis for monthly growth reporting processes in addition to ad hoc strategic projects.
Regular and reliable attendance is required for the job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics or related field required.
Minimum of two (2) years' experience in investment banking, consulting, corporate/business development, or other analytical role.
Experience in financial modeling, data analysis, due diligence, and project management preferred.
Ability to effectively articulate data and metrics to stakeholders, business partners, and leadership.
Strong analytical background.
Excellent customer service skills and ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Must have proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point and Outlook) with Advanced Excel skills; proficiency in USRC applications required within 90 days of hire.
U.S. Renal Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran.
Conducts business process analysis and needs assessments in an effort to align IT solutions with business initiatives.
Prepares "as is" and "current state" documentation in written and graphical form (flows).
Use Business Process Modeling techniques and tools to create business process.
Maintain a business and systems/ technical knowledge level to understand how changes and opportunities in new technology or architecture impact systems or processes within the environment.
Develop new or revised processes or procedures in lieu of system development.
Facilitates the elicitation of business and systems requirements.
Analyze business unit requests and understand business requirements, work with various technical staff members to determine possible solutions and communicate business and system impacts to IT and Operations staff.
Prepare documentation for business and system requirements in various formats.
Works on project teams that are developing or modifying moderately complex information systems. Includes analysis and documentation of business and system requirement and revising existing system logic difficulties as necessary.
Conducts research and analysis to quantify business opportunities and develops formal recommendations to management.
May use project management methodologies to support a systems development methodology to meet project deliverables.
Provide test scenarios or test criteria based on knowledge gained through business and systems analysis. May provide approval or quality check on test plans or test matrix.
Minimum of 4 or more years of experience in business systems analysis or related area.
Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
In-depth working knowledge and experience with insurance company operations.
Ability to accept and manage changing priorities and address issues quickly and professionally. Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (including Visio), Remote Desktop, VPN and Basic personal computer skills including mainframes, PC's and networks is an added advantage..
Duration: 3 Years
Familiar with a range of digital/web services and solutions, ideally where open source and cloud technologies and agile development methodologies have been applied. An eye for detail, excellent communication skills, ability to rationalize complex information to make it understandable for others to work, and ability to interrogate reported information and challenge sources where inconsistencies are found.
Primarily responsible for:
Make a recommendation for action against the analysis done
Position: Business Analyst
Location: Topeka, KS
CBW Bank was founded in 1892 in Weir, KS. In 2009, it was acquired by its current management team, which includes ex-Google, ex-Yahoo and Wall Street executives. With rapidly evolving technologies and regulations, CBW Bank expects to continue, in conjunction with its partners, to develop and launch products and services that leverage these changes and innovations to serve its customers better.
CBW Bank is currently searching for a Business Analyst for the Topeka, KS location. This is a unique opportunity for an individual with experience in providing analytical, marketing and research support to banking activities including data collection, analysis and project management.
Required qualifications include an undergraduate degree in business or finance related field of study and preferably prior experience in financial analysis, data flow analysis, and project management. Additionally, successful candidates must possess high attention to detail and standards of integrity.
To apply for this position, please email your resume, cover letter, and credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are recruiting for a seasoned Business Analyst. In this role, you will be responsible for performing the business side analysis on all phases of a project to develop, align and deliver products and policies. The ideal candidate will have experience with projects relating to fees and fee structure.
MUST HAVE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE
- Strong experience as a Business Analyst
- Strong project business / business systems analyst skills
- Experience working with financial products
- Experience with business analysis activities and deliverables (as is process flows, to-be process flows, business and user requirements)
- Experience with project methodology and project life cycles
- Experience understanding and organizing large amounts of information and data and presenting to a large and diverse audience
- Experience creating detailed documentation
- Experience finding linkages through gap analysis
- Strong data analysis experience
- Experience leading meetings and acting as a scribe in meetings
- HP Quality Center and Visio experience
- Experience with projects relating to fees and fee structure
- Understanding the complexities of fees from both a business and technical perspective
- A Driver with the ability to create processes and organize information in a meaningful way
- Ability to concisely and accurately develop sustained relationships with internal business and technology partners
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently once work direction has been given and SME knowledge provided
- Ability to think big picture, connect the dots across similar work
- Strong organizational skills with extreme attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to ask questions and admit when something isn't understood
- Ability to take ownership of the work and drive it forward, not just execute tasks
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Establish one pricing framework for Custom Advisory Relationship (CAR) and consistency of pricing across the advisory platform.
- Responsible for performing the business side analysis on all phases of a project to develop, align and deliver products and policies.
- Collaborate and negotiate to define project scope boundaries.
- Lead interviews and/or design sessions to define, document, and prioritize business requirements.
- Contribute to project plan, detailing analysis tasks in the plan.
- Develop the user acceptance test plan and test conditions.
- Contribute to implementation planning and post-implementation tracking.
- Execute test plans and test cases on a scheduled and ad hoc basis.
- Provide effective communication on project status, risks, and defects with Project owners and stakeholders.
- Successfully manage relationships.
- Identify business needs or opportunities for improvement through either broad industry knowledge, or detailed knowledge of specific products, services or processes.
- Plan and lead work efforts as needed.
- Understand and apply technology as it relates to the business.
NorthShore Resources is a Minneapolis-based IT consulting firm, whose focus is to provide superior quality and unparalleled customer service in all aspects of our business. We offer great local jobs to local people, allowing us to build solid, long-term relationships with our clients and consultants.
While working as a consultant for NorthShore Resources, you’ll receive benefits such as medical, dental, and 401(k) with company matching. You’ll also receive one of the best benefits an employer can offer – support! Our staff is here to help you every step of the way, ensuring that all of your questions are answered and that you’re placed on a path to success.
Contract Length: 12-months
Job ID: 12101819
At CereCore, our heart for healthcare is interconnected with our knowledge of technical solutions, creating a vital link that ultimately drives the delivery of high-quality care.
CereCore is seeking a Business Analyst to join our team in Nashville, TN
- Delegate and allocate responsibilities efficiently to manage projects end-to-end.
- Create product specifications, identify and track discussion items, and update specifications based on decisions made throughout the development process.
- Abide by department standards for requirements, approvals, backlog updates, communication structure, roles and deployment planning.
- Perform discovery sessions, gathering estimates, requirements and documentation that can easily translate across both technical and non-technical teams including QA, Development, and business stakeholders.
- Identify and communicate impacts to resources needed from external teams in a timely manner.
- Write release notes, facilitate UAT efforts and collaborate with the Business on end-user education, as appropriate.
- Provide input and expertise to ad hoc projects, and other assignments to support the Division's goals and objectives.
- Assist in the mentoring and coaching of team members.
- Collaboration with Deployment Coordinators.
- Support leadership by creating slides for presentations and presenting if required.
- Conduct demos and manage communication with the business partners.
- Manage the product backlog.
- Assist in the continuous improvement of requirements gathering and prioritization processes and tools.
- 5+ years of relative experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Possesses good knowledge of software development processes and how to effectively implement them.
- Experience in troubleshooting, software development processes and ability to understand and implement client requirements.
- Capable of collecting, documenting and prioritizing business requirements and acceptance criteria to develop software that meets the business need.
- Ability to communicate effectively with teams and clients.
- Understand project requirements, coordinate with resources and direct the projects in the right direction in a timely manner.
- Ability to manage change and effectively pass on the information down the line to concerned teams for smoother execution.
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies, Jira, Word, Excel, and Visio.
- Able to make quick decisions and establish project priorities to provide an efficient environment for project implementation.
- Identify resource and equipment requirements, efficient capacity planning and manage software and hardware availability.
- Knowledge of TFS preferred.
To learn more click here. "Follow" us onLinked In.
- Obtain requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Be equally adept designing new, and re-engineering existing, systems.
- Write, or assist in the writing of, functional requirements, use cases, GUI mockups, and screen and interface designs.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Possess strong analytical and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including managers, clients, and other members of the development team.
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community and the software development team through which requirements flow. Works closely with the Project Manager and Data Architect.
- Develop requirement specifications according to government templates, using natural language.
- A minimum of three years of experience as a Business Analyst.
- Agile Scrum Certification
- 100% Company Paid Medical Coverage including Health, Vision, and Dental
- Basic Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability (STD/LTD) Insurances
- Pre-Tax Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation and PTO/Sick Leave
- 401(k) Plan
- Job Related Education and Training Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
MSX International is currently seeking a Business Analyst. The successful candidate must have the following skills and experience:
Looking for a highly motivated, self-starter candidate to join the Enterprise program
The Enterprise program is a multi-million dollar program leading technology refresh across the company, and preparing the application landscape for migration to the new Data Center
Strong business analysis skills, including ability to transform ambiguous business and reporting needs into clear functional requirements for data analytics and reporting
High proficiency in office tools, especially Excel
Project management experience
Excellent communication skills - written and oral
Experience with using Share Point is required, and Share point development skills are a plus
Knowledge of financial management processes (cycle planning, forecasting) is a plus
Experience with analytical reporting tools like Qlikview is a plus
Business analysis SharePoint Office tools, especially Excel
Cycle planning, forecasting
- Bachelors, preferably in Math or computer science or equivalent experience
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!