Butcher Fish Job Description Sample
Craft Butcher - Meat & Fish
Are you a Chef, Butcher? looking for a more stable schedule that promotes Life Balance? We are looking for to fill several positions in our USDA Butcher Shop with a Monday through Thursday, daytime schedule. Average to Excellent knife skills desired and we will train you up to be a Master Butcher. Working for Dole & Bailey and its family of local, sustainable programs is personally and professionally rewarding for those who give their best. We provide our customers with EXCELLENCE in products and services. Expectations are high, and every employee contributes. We are a group of independent thinkers who understand the power of collaboration, creativity, and imagination; we enjoy working together in a dynamic, solutions-based culture, and we are always ready to welcome a motivated, committed addition to our team!
- Entry Level and Experienced
- Full-time and Part-time
Our butchers are responsible for creating and maintaining a quality experience for each Dole & Bailey customer. Must have ability to cut, trim, dice, debone and portion poultry, fish, and meats; including whole animal and whole fish butchery. Must have proven attention to detail and positive attitude in support of Dole & Bailey’s mission for excellence and committed to following all USDA, HACCP and GMP guidelines and regulations. Utilizing ISO continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Maintaining communication with management notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
- Ensuring all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
- Utilizing ISO Continuous Improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required clothing, footwear, safety equipment and practice proper hygiene in designated areas
- Responsible for food safety, prerequisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Be flexible and assist in other areas of production as needed/requested.
- Experience preferred but not required if willing to join our team at entry level and work through apprenticeship program.
- Must be able to: Stand, walk, and push or pull a majority of the day.
- Use knives, saws, scales, and others pieces of equipment associated with the Butchery Trade.
- Lift up to 50 pounds frequently and manually stack and move cases.
- Work in an environment where temperature is maintained at 35-40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Work effectively work in a team environment.
- Read, write, and speak English
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks) and possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
DB offers a robust benefit package for full time employees including:
- Retail purchase program offering a wide variety of our products at reduced cost
- Medical Insurance ( Blue Cross Blue Shield). Dental and Life Insurance
- Paid time off including Holidays and paid Vacation
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Four day work week: Monday through Thursday
- D&B actively promotes from within, providing opportunity for career growth.
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- ISO 9001 training
- LEAN Training
EASY Commute - Our shop is located right out of Woburn Center and close to Rt 93 and Rt 128/95
This is a 1st shift position, typically starting at 8:00 am
Dole & Bailey is an Equal Opportunity employer M/F/Veteran/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Position Summary: We are seeking candidates who have experience in butchery/meat cutting, knowledge of seafood, as well as experience or interest in sustainable food production.
As a Butcher it is your responsibility to ensure that each meat, fish and poultry are prepared accurately and up to quality standards. We are not a typical high stress restaurant environment utilizing split shifts. Our kitchens are production units which do not rely on orders to stay busy.
Every production unit has a daily production target to support our stores in the local area, meaning you will have a set schedule to facilitate our production needs along with regular working hours. Key Accountabilities: *Assembling and preparing Snap fresh meats per our recipes and standards.
*Superior knife skills.
*Working with and ability to cut, portion and handle local "grass fed" meat and poultry, and sustainable seafood.
*Meet production schedule.
*Experience using production sheets and HACCP records. *Attend daily briefings in-service and safety meetings.
*Maintain good working relationships with coworkers, customers, administrators and managers.
*Adhere to all safety and sanitation standards.
*Currently possess and maintain food handler certifications for local municipality *Ability to use various measuring tools including digital scales and timers during production *Utilizes tools provided to accomplish tasks safely. (i.e. cutting boards, gloves, oven mitts, etc) *Ability to stand, stoop, kneel, wipe, reach, bend and lift over 40lbs
- Must be able to work for up to eight hours in a shift in a room set at 41 degrees Fahrenheit or below.
*Exposure to some potential food allergens such as shrimp, soy, nuts/nut products, and sesame *Must be able to perform duties that require standing for long periods of time and fast movement *Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities during the shift Butcher 70% Assisting with Prep 20% Cleaning/Removing Debris 10%
Jean-Georges has made culinary history and developed a reputation as remarkable as his food by tapping his deep understanding of the restaurant world and pairing it with his forward-thinking vision. The down-to-earth food and contemporary-country feel make the Inn at Pound Ridge a convivial, family-friendly restaurant frequented by neighbors and tourists alike. Stop in for a glass of wine and a pizza, or come out for a special-occasion dinner. With two dining rooms, two full bars and a candle-illuminated wine cellar for private dining, we are equipped to accommodate events of all sizes, from intimate dinner parties to full-scale weddings. We welcome you to the Inn at Pound Ridge and look forward to providing you with a thoroughly enjoyable culinary experience.
Responsible for butchering of proteins for a multitude of businesses
Butchering and fabricating a wide range of meat and fish
Maintaining Department of Health compliance
Managing inventory of meat and fish and working with Sous Chefs to place orders based on production list provided by Sous Chef management team
Ability to operate efficiently with attention to waste management and yield
Experience in high volume production kitchen
Must have great attention to detail and consistency
Experience working with a wide variety of proteins
Excellent calculation skills for maintaining waste percentages and yields Certifications: *Food Handler's Certification (New York City Department of Health) ID: 2017-1230 External Company Name: Jean-Georges Management External Company URL: www.jean-georges.com
Butcher - Meat Team Member
Make Every Meal Special® Standard Market is a celebration of food. Our mission is to make or discover the best tasting products to share with people who love to eat and drink.
Under the Standard Market umbrella, we currently have two specialty food markets (Standard Market in Westmont and Naperville) and multiple restaurant concepts, both in-market and standalone (including Standard Market Grill, Bakersfield Wood Fired Grill, Standard Tacos & Margaritas, and The CUBE at Standard Market, located across Chicagoland). Butcher Standard Market is looking to hire experienced butchers for our Wholesale carcass fabrication team. Butchers will be responsible for processing beef, lamb, pork, goat and poultry. Applicants must have a passion for meat, a positive attitude, and a drive to provide excellent customer service.
- Perform all butchery duties, including breaking, cutting, packaging, and special orders. Maintain the highest levels of sanitation, cleanliness and organization Maintain timely and accurate production. Jobs completed to time, cost and quality standards Minimize waste by using appropriate product-rotation systems, accurate cutting and portioning Use all butchery tools and equipment in accordance with the established standards. Arrange cuts of meat and place them in an attractive manner in the display case Weigh, label and price a variety of cuts of meat for on-demand selections by customers in an efficient manner Receive deliveries of meat and inspect them to ensure they adhere to the highest quality standards and are not expired Prepare meat into forms ready for cooking using a variety of actions, including boning, tying, grinding, cutting and trimming Educate customers on different selections and types of poultry, pork, beef and fish to help them decide what to purchase Other duties and responsibilities, as instructed by Production Manager Qualifications Minimum 2 years of experience with butchery, knowledge of primal cuts Ability to follow instructions and procedures Effective time management and multitasking skills Able to stand and walk for long periods of time, bend and lift loads up to 50 pounds Can properly handle knives and other related equipment You will benefit from experiencing Opportunities for Advancement Challenging Work Supportive Environment On The Job - Paid Training Career Focused Organization SDL2017
Meat Cutter Butcher / Meat Helpers
Happy Foods a local owned grocery store has several openings for a full time meat cutter at our North location 5420 Leavenworth Rd Kansas City Ks, and our West location 6700 Kaw Drive Kansas City, Ks looking for someone with meat cutting experience with all cuts of meat. We also have openings for meat department helpers experience preferred but will train the right person. Competitive pay, medical, dental, & vision insurance available. Please send resume and desired salary to email@example.com call with questions 913-299-0956 ask for Lance
Butcher Block Clerk 928
Associate first and foremost is responsible for customer relations and satisfaction. He/She will maintain a clean and well-stocked service counter and will perform cleaning of seafood preparation area including storage vaults, supply area, and wrapping equipment as set forth by management.
When a customer enters my area or department, my first and most important responsibility becomes to acknowledge, greet, and engage that customer. Prepare seafood products, take out foods, and seafood salads. Engage in suggestive selling and other sales techniques.
Wash and process fresh fish and create effective displays for meat, poultry and seafood products. Weight, wrap, price, stock and rotate butcher block products to ensure freshness and quality, while meeting customer product demands. Perform receiving duties to include: organizing cooler and storage areas, refrigerating product immediately, verifying orders against invoices, verifying freshness of ordered product, and reporting shortages and claims to ensure proper billing.
Follow daily work schedule as assigned by management. Follow dress code in accordance with associate handbook. Follow attendance and tardiness guidelines in accordance with associate handbook.
Perform other duties as assigned by management. Must be 18 years of age or older. Must be able to operate related equipment such as: knives, scales, steamers, broilers, hand trucks and pallet jacks.
Ability to lift to a height of 4 feet, items weighing up to 60 lbs. on a regular basis. Ability to work for periods of up to 8-10 hours in 50 degree temperatures. (Controlled atmosphere for sanitation purposes.) Hands are frequently exposed to 30 degrees while handling product in the display cases. Must be able to learn taste, content, preparation and perishability of products, and safety and sanitation procedures.
Manual dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are necessary. Ability to perform all physical aspects of the market duties including but not limited to standing, bending, lifting, twisting, reaching, squatting, climbing and walking. Ability to work in fast-paced, but efficient and controlled manner.
Ability to function as an associate and get along with others. SDL2017
We are looking for a goal-oriented Meat Cutter who thrives on being successful. El Rio Grande Latin Market offers professional opportunities for career growth and development to individuals seeking to make an impact.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the quality of products sold to customers and assures that quality standards conform to state regulations and Company expectations.
- Preferably knowledge of meat cuts Halal & Kosher
- Organize, upkeep, and maintain back stock in good order and easily accessible.
- Cut and separate meat: whole chicken, beef, and pork.
- Understand and recognize the different parts of meat products sold to customers, and the different techniques that can be used to cook the products.
- Package, weigh, and price Meat department merchandise.
- Maintain overall department appearance and replenish display cases.
- Follow established Weights and Measures procedures (tares) mandated by the state.
- Suggest Company products and services to customers.
- Operate equipment and machinery such as baler, forklift, etc. based on operational needs.
- Other duties common to the Meat department may be assigned by the supervisor as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in cutting, and producing traditional Hispanic Meat cuts preferred.
- High school diploma/GED required or equivalent work experience
- College coursework preferred
- Must be 18 years of age
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) highly preferred
- Work well with others in a team oriented environment where one willingly takes on additional tasks with a positive attitude to help out the team/department.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services - this includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to coach and lead diverse work teams to achieve performance, quality, cost, and service goals
- Requires regular attendance and/or physical presence at the job
- Fast paced, high volume, detail oriented work environment
- Exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Occasionally requires the ability to move, lift, carry, pull or push heavy objects or materials.
- Lift up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Requires extensive use of hands
- Reach above and below shoulder height, constant walking, standing in one place for long periods of time, bending, stooping, lifting, etc.
- Work in hot and cold environments.
- Follow company health and safety rules and wear protective equipment when and where applicable.
- Safely use food handling and sanitation chemicals and equipment to maintain department cleanliness standards and local, State and Federal agencies regulations and requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the cyclical nature of the grocery industry, team members are required to work varying shifts and schedules, including nights, weekends, and holidays, which reflect the Company's operating requirements.
El Rio Grande Latin Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Meat Cutter Butcher
Meat Cutting/Slaughter. Meat cutting/butcher experience required.
Responsible for coordinating the production and distribution of meat products with the Executive Chef
Apply standards and procedures while respecting hygiene and safety
Supervise and motivate team
Ensure buffet maintenance and check supply
Receive, inspect, and store meat upon delivery and ensure meat quality
Cure, smoke, tenderize and preserve meats depending on menu of the week
Cut, trim, bone tie, and grind meats to prepare meats in cooking form
Keep work area clean, orderly and free from safety hazards
Stock and rotate products to ensure freshness and date control
Receive and unload meat delivery truck and store in designated areas
Perform other job-related duties as assigned + 1-2 years previous butcher experience
Associates or Bachelor’s degree in culinary arts preferred
Resort, banquet, or hotel experience a plus
Must follow safety procedures closely
Other spoken languages a plus The All-Inclusive Career Compensation package includes: + 6 months contract (renewable)
Round trip airfare covered
Room & board provided
Full access to all resort amenities
Competitive salary and healthcare package What’s in it for you?
Chance to be part of a multicultural team from around the world
Opportunity to grow fast professionally as a manager
Opportunity to travel the world in exotic locations
Discover new skills and talents
Share a lifestyle with international guests. ID: 2017-1716 External Company Name: Club Med External Company URL: www.clubmed.com
This is a butchering position and the applicant will be responsible for the slaughtering on Mondays and Wednesdays when livestock would come in. On Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays the individual would be responsible for the processing of the animal.
This would require de boning, cutting and wrapping. Will train the right candidate. Wages will be based on experience. Employer may require background check and pre-employment performance testing.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!