Butcher Meat Job Description Sample
Meat Cutter Butcher / Meat Helpers
Happy Foods a local owned grocery store has several openings for a full time meat cutter at our North location 5420 Leavenworth Rd Kansas City Ks, and our West location 6700 Kaw Drive Kansas City, Ks looking for someone with meat cutting experience with all cuts of meat. We also have openings for meat department helpers experience preferred but will train the right person. Competitive pay, medical, dental, & vision insurance available. Please send resume and desired salary to firstname.lastname@example.org call with questions 913-299-0956 ask for Lance
Team Member - Butcher Block - Meat Clerks - Deli Clerk
Team Member : Responsible for re-stocking the meat cases, assisting customers with selections, providing excellent customer service. As a Butcher Block/Seafood Clerk, some of your duties will include preparing and stocking meat, poultry, and seafood displays with high-quality products. This will include weighing, packaging, and seasoning product for customers. You will provide customers with product suggestions and share tips for preparing different items. You will ensure that all product meets the highest freshness, quality, and safety standards. You will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all food safety and sanitation requirements throughout your daily work. You will assist with cleaning and sanitizing food preparation areas, tools, and equipment. In some areas, you may be required to obtain a food handler’s certification. More details are available in store. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Our products are guaranteed 100%. Our fresh departments; meat, seafood, produce, deli and bakery, have friendly associates to serve you 7 days a week. Our beef and pork are cut by our butcher on-site at each store. We even cut fruits and vegetables on-site. You’ll love our hand-breaded fried chicken from the deli and the incredible French Bread, Bolillo Rolls and Donuts made fresh in our bakery.
Lucky does mean low prices... and so much more. We’re committed to bringing you real low prices you can count on every day. Come in and see why Lucky Means Low Prices.
Meat Cutter Butcher
Big Meat Company in Vernon looking for experienced butchers morning shift fast paced, heavy lifting must be eager to work 626.452.8310
Craft Butcher - Meat & Fish
Are you a Chef, Butcher? looking for a more stable schedule that promotes Life Balance? We are looking for to fill several positions in our USDA Butcher Shop with a Monday through Thursday, daytime schedule. Average to Excellent knife skills desired and we will train you up to be a Master Butcher. Working for Dole & Bailey and its family of local, sustainable programs is personally and professionally rewarding for those who give their best. We provide our customers with EXCELLENCE in products and services. Expectations are high, and every employee contributes. We are a group of independent thinkers who understand the power of collaboration, creativity, and imagination; we enjoy working together in a dynamic, solutions-based culture, and we are always ready to welcome a motivated, committed addition to our team!
- Entry Level and Experienced
- Full-time and Part-time
Our butchers are responsible for creating and maintaining a quality experience for each Dole & Bailey customer. Must have ability to cut, trim, dice, debone and portion poultry, fish, and meats; including whole animal and whole fish butchery. Must have proven attention to detail and positive attitude in support of Dole & Bailey’s mission for excellence and committed to following all USDA, HACCP and GMP guidelines and regulations. Utilizing ISO continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Maintaining communication with management notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
- Ensuring all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
- Utilizing ISO Continuous Improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required clothing, footwear, safety equipment and practice proper hygiene in designated areas
- Responsible for food safety, prerequisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Be flexible and assist in other areas of production as needed/requested.
- Experience preferred but not required if willing to join our team at entry level and work through apprenticeship program.
- Must be able to: Stand, walk, and push or pull a majority of the day.
- Use knives, saws, scales, and others pieces of equipment associated with the Butchery Trade.
- Lift up to 50 pounds frequently and manually stack and move cases.
- Work in an environment where temperature is maintained at 35-40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Work effectively work in a team environment.
- Read, write, and speak English
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks) and possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
DB offers a robust benefit package for full time employees including:
- Retail purchase program offering a wide variety of our products at reduced cost
- Medical Insurance ( Blue Cross Blue Shield). Dental and Life Insurance
- Paid time off including Holidays and paid Vacation
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Four day work week: Monday through Thursday
- D&B actively promotes from within, providing opportunity for career growth.
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- ISO 9001 training
- LEAN Training
EASY Commute - Our shop is located right out of Woburn Center and close to Rt 93 and Rt 128/95
This is a 1st shift position, typically starting at 8:00 am
Dole & Bailey is an Equal Opportunity employer M/F/Veteran/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Meat Butcher Production - Food and Raw Manufacturing Long Island City, New York Apply Description Recipe for Success – FreshDirect is currently seeking a Meat Cutter in the New York City area. The Meat Cutter Associate is responsible for cutting, trimming and scraping of meat and poultry products. The ideal candidate should have experience within a perishable, food or provisional items. Key ingredients –
Minimum 1 year of Butcher experience
Ability to start overnight or early morning hours (start times vary by department)
Must be able to work an overnight shift
Ability to use knives and other tools of the trade
Ability to recognize various cuts, sizes and species of Meat
Ability to learn to use band saw and other power equipment used in the trade
Ability to read production labels and produce various cuts of meat for retail trade under direction of a full journeyman
Ability to clearly communicate in English
Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
Ability to stand for long period of times
Ability to work in climate of 32-38 degrees
Ability to perform twisting, turning and bending
Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs
Required to wear oil and slip resistance shoes
Comfortable and able to work a 8-12hr shift (hours per day are based on business need) (Part-time and full-time basis)
Must embody and demonstrate company values and culture WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited. Who is FreshDirect? Launched in New York City in 2002, FreshDirect is a leading online fresh food grocer delivering farm-fresh foods and brand-name groceries directly to the doors of customers throughout five Northeastern U.S. states, including New York City and Philadelphia. We are committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers and farmers around the world, and its in-house team of chefs and bakers produce a wide selection of freshly-made meals, baked goods and more. FreshDirect “At the Office” delivers the same high-quality food with expanded product offerings and services for corporate clients. In 2015, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio with the launch of FoodKick, a mobile-first food business that connects consumers to the freshest, tastiest finds in food, drinks, and lifestyle essentials all delivered within an hour. Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves, and works extensively with dozens of charitable and community partners. Why choose FreshDirect? We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond! Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks: Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
Flexible and generous PTO plan
20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
Summer barbecues and and annual company picnic for friends and family Learn more @FreshDirect on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube! Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change. As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.
Meat Cutter Butcher
Meat Cutting/Slaughter. Meat cutting/butcher experience required.
Butcher - Meat Team Member
Make Every Meal Special® Standard Market is a celebration of food. Our mission is to make or discover the best tasting products to share with people who love to eat and drink.
Under the Standard Market umbrella, we currently have two specialty food markets (Standard Market in Westmont and Naperville) and multiple restaurant concepts, both in-market and standalone (including Standard Market Grill, Bakersfield Wood Fired Grill, Standard Tacos & Margaritas, and The CUBE at Standard Market, located across Chicagoland). Butcher Standard Market is looking to hire experienced butchers for our Wholesale carcass fabrication team. Butchers will be responsible for processing beef, lamb, pork, goat and poultry. Applicants must have a passion for meat, a positive attitude, and a drive to provide excellent customer service.
- Perform all butchery duties, including breaking, cutting, packaging, and special orders. Maintain the highest levels of sanitation, cleanliness and organization Maintain timely and accurate production. Jobs completed to time, cost and quality standards Minimize waste by using appropriate product-rotation systems, accurate cutting and portioning Use all butchery tools and equipment in accordance with the established standards. Arrange cuts of meat and place them in an attractive manner in the display case Weigh, label and price a variety of cuts of meat for on-demand selections by customers in an efficient manner Receive deliveries of meat and inspect them to ensure they adhere to the highest quality standards and are not expired Prepare meat into forms ready for cooking using a variety of actions, including boning, tying, grinding, cutting and trimming Educate customers on different selections and types of poultry, pork, beef and fish to help them decide what to purchase Other duties and responsibilities, as instructed by Production Manager Qualifications Minimum 2 years of experience with butchery, knowledge of primal cuts Ability to follow instructions and procedures Effective time management and multitasking skills Able to stand and walk for long periods of time, bend and lift loads up to 50 pounds Can properly handle knives and other related equipment You will benefit from experiencing Opportunities for Advancement Challenging Work Supportive Environment On The Job - Paid Training Career Focused Organization SDL2017
Retail Clerk – Meat/Seafood (Meatcutter, Meat Wrapper, Meat Counter, Pre-Packaged Meat, Butcher Block) – Olympia 3417
Provides fast friendly customer service. Sells and/or orders and prepares for sale meat or pre-packaged meat items depending on position. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
May cut, grind, cube, wrap, stock and cook meat and/or seafood products, depending on position.
Uses knives and operates slicers, grinders, steamers, cubers and wrapping machines depending on position.
Assists customers in locating merchandise and engages in suggestive selling.
Rotates product and ensures code date compliance.
Communicates with others in a polite and professional manner.
Cleans work areas as needed. REQUIREMENTS
Strong Customer Service Skills.
Prior meat-cutting/handling experience preferred.
Regular attendance required.
Mental alertness required.
Lifts, manipulates, pushes and pulls items of varying sizes up to 65 pounds, depending on position.
Bends and stoops, twists and turns
Standing and walking for long periods of time are required.
Requires use of plastic or latex gloves.
Work environment is typically 40 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit, but may include exposure to cooking temperatures of up to 350 degrees, and exposure to -20 degrees in the freezers. Complete Job Description Available During Interview
Title:Retail Clerk – Meat/Seafood (meatcutter, meat wrapper, meat counter, pre-packaged meat, butcher block) – Olympia 3417
Full Time Meat Processor needed for Del Monte Meat Co. in our West Sacramento plant.
We are currently seeking a talented Butcher Assistant who will work in our plant assisting our butchers processing beef, pork, lamb & poultry products for restaurant and food service operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- packaging processed fresh meat
- Grinding, weighing, and wrapping meats
- Knowledge of primal meat cuts helpful but not required.
- Assist in meeting daily production goals
- Assist in set-up and break down of production room.
- Operate all equipment safely
- Maintaining high sanitation standards
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs
- Ability to manage time in a fast paced industry
- Ability to work in a temperature controlled environment
- Ability to work with a team
Candidates must be reliable, responsible, and punctual, with a positive attitude.
* Successful drug test screening and background a pre-requisite for employment
- Competitive Wages, based on experience
- Medical and Dental
- PTO (Personal Time Off)
- Paid Holidays
- 401k with company match
Please forward resume via email to apply for this position or apply in person at 4051 Seaport Blvd, West Sacramento,CA between the hours of 9 am and 2 pm M-F.
Del Monte Meat Co. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Chefs' Warehouse is a specialty food distributor that began sourcing products for high-end chefs over 30 years ago. With locations in New York City, Washington D.C., San Francisco, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Portland, Miami, and more, The Chefs' Warehouse serves the finest restaurants, country clubs, hotels, caterers, culinary schools and specialty food stores around the country. We define specialty food products as gourmet foods and ingredients that are of the highest grade, quality or style as measured by their uniqueness, exotic origin or particular processing method. Our product portfolio consists of imported and domestic specialty food products, such as artisan charcuterie, specialty cheeses, oils and vinegars, hormone-free protein, truffles, caviar and chocolate.
Position Summary: We are seeking candidates who have experience in butchery/meat cutting, knowledge of seafood, as well as experience or interest in sustainable food production.
As a Butcher it is your responsibility to ensure that each meat, fish and poultry are prepared accurately and up to quality standards. We are not a typical high stress restaurant environment utilizing split shifts. Our kitchens are production units which do not rely on orders to stay busy.
Every production unit has a daily production target to support our stores in the local area, meaning you will have a set schedule to facilitate our production needs along with regular working hours. Key Accountabilities: *Assembling and preparing Snap fresh meats per our recipes and standards.
*Superior knife skills.
*Working with and ability to cut, portion and handle local "grass fed" meat and poultry, and sustainable seafood.
*Meet production schedule.
*Experience using production sheets and HACCP records. *Attend daily briefings in-service and safety meetings.
*Maintain good working relationships with coworkers, customers, administrators and managers.
*Adhere to all safety and sanitation standards.
*Currently possess and maintain food handler certifications for local municipality *Ability to use various measuring tools including digital scales and timers during production *Utilizes tools provided to accomplish tasks safely. (i.e. cutting boards, gloves, oven mitts, etc) *Ability to stand, stoop, kneel, wipe, reach, bend and lift over 40lbs
- Must be able to work for up to eight hours in a shift in a room set at 41 degrees Fahrenheit or below.
*Exposure to some potential food allergens such as shrimp, soy, nuts/nut products, and sesame *Must be able to perform duties that require standing for long periods of time and fast movement *Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities during the shift Butcher 70% Assisting with Prep 20% Cleaning/Removing Debris 10%
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!