Butler Job Description Sample
Art Therapist- Contract Position (Part Time)
Contracted Art Therapist
Conducts and facilitates art therapy and expressive treatment programs in the residential program. Responsible for assistance in the development of Art Therapy/Expressive therapy programming. Master’s Degree in Art Therapy required. Certification in Recreational Therapy, Board Certified Music Therapist or Trauma informed Art Therapy or Trauma Informed Expressive Art Therapy Preferred. High level of interpersonal skills to relate effectively with other professionals, patients and families of patients, and other staff while utilizing therapeutic relations skills, establishing and maintaining therapeutic relations. Population served will be approximately 18-35 years of age, both male and female clients. Group size ranges from approximately 5-10 clients. Two years’ experience in related field preferred. Basic computer skills required.
Mental Health Counseling
Alcohol and Drug counseling
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
2 days a week (Tuesdays and Thursdays)
2 hours each day (1pm-3pm)
Additional tasks and hours may be determined as needed
Clinical Documentation of sessions
Management of Art Supplies. Art Supplies will be supplied.
Ability to manage milieu independently
Required Education and Experience:
Master level art therapist, ATR or ATR-BC
LPC and/or Chemical Dependency certification or license
Trauma Informed Art Therapy or Trauma Informed Expressive Art Therapy Certification Preferred
Therapist Assistant (Full Time)
Deliverables/Principal Results Expected:
- Assists therapist in the development and implementation of treatment goals.
- Evaluates behavioral and emotional needs of clients and family members.
- Performs individual treatment interventions under the direction of the treatment supervisor including preparing materials for sessions.
- Manages client files by having all appropriate documents. Attends treatment team meetings and participates in case consults.
- Facilitates programs as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
- Coordinates appropriate after care programming and supportive services to clients.
- Receives phone calls from support staff as necessary regarding client behavioral and emotional needs.
- Monitors treatment for necessary hygiene and medical needs.
- Attends trainings as necessary.
- Clerical duties as required for maintenance of client files.
- Listens to clients concerning all areas of treatment.
- Maintains safe, orderly, and therapeutic physical environment for clients including crisis intervention.
- Performs assessments as determined by programs.
- Role models appropriate behaviors and client interactions for all levels of staff.
- Assists in decreasing the AMA discharges at the facility through the use of de-escalation techniques, family interaction and reflective statements.
- Is the primary point of contact for AMA discharges after regular daylight business hours.
- Works in close collaboration with therapists and other clinical personnel.
- Completes intakes and initial assessments under the guidance of supervisor
- Other duties as assigned.
Capable of role modeling to the clients. Helps to maintain strong clinical program. Staff able to work together to effectively meet the needs of the clients. Maintains positive relationship with referral sources and families. Chart maintains compliance with Licensing regulations. Completes required trainings and mandatory training hours. Is an active and positive member of the team. Establishes and maintains trust and rapport with clients and families. Working with an interdisciplinary team. A working knowledge of HIPAA, Licensing, and CARF regulations. Understanding of family systems.
Job-related Behavioral Characteristics:
Demonstrates professionalism, leadership, confidentiality, strong social communication skills, time-management, organized. Must possess skills to communicate effectively and interact well with people of diverse backgrounds. Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to problem solve by gathering and analyzing information, working well in an individual/ group problem solving situation, and showing initiative in problem solving. Maintains professionalism and does not show favoritism. Maintains consistency with clients, staff, visitors, and the public. Ability to handle a crisis situation and react appropriately. Flexibility and adaptable. Ability to make decisions in an objective and ethical manner. Calm and decisive in crisis situations. Ability to sustain a team environment, drive continuous improvement projects, confidentiality, excellent problem-solving skills and excellent communicator within the team framework.
Pyramid CORE Values:
We are committed and proud to live our CORE values and use them to inspire those around us. Our employees are expected to align with these values, behaviors and standards. We are held accountable for upholding these CORE Values: INTEGRITY is striving to be honest, transparent and ethical when dealing with clients, staff and the community. DEDICATION is demonstrating an unwavering commitment to always provide exceptional care and support to those we serve is needed daily. COLLABORATION is a steadfast, team-focused approach; working together to achieve excellence. PASSION is genuine, compelling and relentless desire to improve lives and support Pyramid Healthcare’s mission.
A Master’s Degree in a human services area or currently enrolled in a Master’s level program in human services field. A Bachelor’s Degree in a human services area. Licensure in this Commonwealth as a registered nurse. An Associate’s Degree in a human services area. Demonstrates the use of: Phone system, Fax, scanner, copier, PC knowledge including Microsoft Office (Excel & Word) and billing software.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k) & so much more!
Retail Sales Representative
Restaurant General Manager
AE - Brand Ambassador (Sales Associate) - US
Customer Service Associate
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!