Button Sewing Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Sewing Machine Operator
We are currently looking for first shift sewing machine operators/assemblers who will work out of our Ottawa, Kansas manufacturing facility.
The sewing machine operators/assemblers are responsible for assigned manufacturing tasks which includes: using an industrial sewing machine to assemble filter components; equipment setup and adjustment, and making minor equipment repairs; completing quality records, machine logs and scrap reports; labeling, packing and stacking boxes averaging 21 lbs. Relies on pre-established work and safety instructions to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision.RequirementsMust be able to stand 8 to 10 hours a day and use hands on a repetitive basis in gripping and pinching motions.
Previous sewing experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred but not required. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment. Must pass integrity assessment, drug screen and background check.
To be considered for this position applicants must apply online at and either attach a resume or provide work history by completing the online application.
CLARCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer- M/F/V/D
* We are an EEO employer for Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons & Protected Veterans.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Warehouse Industrial Sewing Machine Operator
Advantage Resourcing is Hiring Warehouse Sewing Machine Operators Full time Temp to Hire.
Have you ever wanted to learn how to sew as a hobby but don't have experience? Well this is your opportunity. We train!!!!
1st shift:6am - 2:30pm M-F
- Sewing garments with a single needle thread. Working off of a monitor.
- Must know how to read a tape measure or yard stick.
- Sewing logos and striping on garments
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug and background check
Fun Facts once hired on
Company discounts with
- The North Face
- Microsoft Office for home use
- General offers- save on travel, flowers and lending services
- Cell phone carriers- AT&T, Sprint and Verizon
IMMEDIATE OPENINGS APPLY TODAY:
2720 Old Lebanon Road
Nashville, TN 37214
Application is completed at the Advantage Resourcing branch at:
2720 Old Lebanon Rd. Nashville, TN 37214
Sewing Machine Operator
Heavy Sewing Machine Operator / Light Sewing Machine Operator
Production Production Manager Hourly; Non-Exempt
Full Time; On-Site Monday- Friday; 7:00am- 3:30pm; additional time as business necessitates and directed by management
- Primary responsibilities include sewing cold air inflatable balloons and banners on industrial sewing machines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn and execute sewing techniques and terminology
- Learn patterns and sewing instruction for assembly of inflatables Develop accurate measuring skills
- Assemble and construct inflatables
- Discuss new projects with Heavy Sewing Supervisor prior to construction of inflatable Comply with all company polices and procedures
- Read Internal Work Orders and apply relevant information Application of glue
- Use of heat welder, box tacker, hand grommet, machine grommet webbing cutter and hot knife Assist in training new employees in proper sewing techniques and construction methods Assist in training new team members
- Collaborate with other sewing team members when needed and directed Be aware of project due dates
- Keep journal of notes on every project
- Maintain proper levels of maintenance and sanitation in and around work area Conduct simple machine maintenance as required
- Understand and comply with all GHS/SDS requirements Demonstrate and encourage safe work practices at all times Perform all duties in a manner consistent with the spirit of teamwork Perform any and all duties as required by management
- Must have some Sewing Machine experience
- Prior experience and/or basic knowledge of sewing techniques Exemplify a "Make-it-happen" attitude
- Posses a strong work ethic
- Ability to complete projects on a timely basis Available for mandatory overtime
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) Sewing experience preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as Internal Work Orders and designs
- Ability to read measurements, fractions and rulers to produce a quality inflatable
- Ability to lift, push and/or pull 75 lbs.
Sitting, standing, bending, kneeling and stretching are an integral part of this position Use of small step stool
Sewing Machine Operator Needed! Operadores De Maquinas De Coser!
Seeking experienced Stitchers for a Manufacturer in Fall River Ma.
-must be reliable and have own transportation
-must have at a minimum of 5 years in manufacturing
- single and double needle
-1st shift 7 am - 3:30 pm
to apply please call 508-990-7670
- Estamos buscando operadores de máquina de coser para la zona de Fall river
- experiencia en maquinas industriales, puntada sola y doble aguja
-tiene que tener su propria transportacion
- para aplicar por favor llame 508-990-7670
651 Orchard Street, Suite 106
New Bedford, MA 02744
Industrial Sewing Machine Operator
Industrial Sewing Machine Operator will be responsible for joining and hemming large HDPE (high density polyethylene) shade fabrics, ranging from 10'x10' up to 60'x60'.
Daily tasks would include but not be limited to sewing, measuring, cutting,etc.
Must be able to work in non-air-conditioned warehouse environment.
Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced environment, overtime may be required.
Hourly pay determined by past experience. Room for advancement and benefits after 90 days.
Shade Systems is a Drug Free Work Place. Applicant must pass a typical background check as well as drug screening upon hire.
Sewing Machine Operator (Seamstress)
We are a established Aerospace Company manufacturing parts for aircraft interiors. Our seat cover division is growing and we are looking for qualified people with upholstery experience to aid in our growth. We have high level of engagement with our customers, suppliers and team. If you want to work within an environment where you are recognized and rewarded for your hard work, we would love to talk to you.
- Experience in industrial sewing and preferably in cover sewing, over-lock and flat-lock stitch.
- Experience with sewing leather preferred. Examining products or work to verify conformance to specifications.
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to show initiative and work with little to no supervision.
- High level of attention to detail and organization skills.
- Reliable, enthusiastic and conscientious.
- Comfortable working in an environment where quality is number one.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience and knowledge of sewing with industrial machine, preferably leather.
- Experience using twin needle machines a plus.
- Experience using a post stitch machine a plus.
- The ideal candidate will be one that is driven and motivated, enjoys working in a team environment.
- High School or equivalent
- Spanish Speaking preferred
Founded in 1974 manufacturing superior quality foams, we have grown organically, adding to our expertise with the addition of advanced thermoformed plastic parts before finally integrating soft cover materials with seat covers in 2010.
Based in Lake Elsinore, Southern California, our 150,000 square feet, state of the art facility houses vertically integrated manufacture of aircraft foams, seat covers and thermoplastics. Everything is designed and manufactured in one facility.
Design and development is a core part of our business, providing genuine solutions that are tailored to fit OEM seating products. From initial sketching to 3d Renders through to the final product delivery. Our final product always exceeds customer expectation.
Seamstress - Sewing Machine Operator
Great part time job for the right person! Earn $13 - $18 per hour (depending in skill and performance) topstitching fabrics for small manufacturer.
75% of position is sewing, 25% consists of miscellaneous duties as described.
- Using industrial straightstitch machine, sew decorative fabric onto nylon strips.
- Follow sewing requirements by using prescribed machine foot and material handling techniques.
- Solve sewing problems when mis-sized or problematic materials are encountered.
- Complete production tickets and daily production worksheet for completed work
- Conduct weekly thread inventories
- Perform clean up on assembled products
- Assist production manager in production with material and production ticket preparation.
- Excellent sewing skills
- Attention to detail - must have strong material handling techniques
- Good problem-solving skills. Ability to identify solutions and make recommendations on material handling & product construction
- Reliable with good work ethics, track record
- Production bonuses
- Paid holidays
- Sams club membership
- Some flexibility in work hours
Work schedule: Monday - Friday, 4 hours a day. Occasional Saturdays during busy periods.
Our goal is to create products that are comfortable, affordable, functional, durable, fashionable and artful. Our intent is to offer a broad range of designs that will resonate with you and keep your dog looking sharp and feeling comfortable all day long.
While the Artful Canine is just one of many retailers offering dog collars & accessories, we view ourselves as being the only company that offers quality & style at a great value.
Sewing Machine Operator
Sewing Machine Operator Position With a 4 Day Weekend in
6:00am to 4:30pm
- Lining up fabric
- Sitting the entire shift
- No heavy lifting involved
- You would be working in a very casual/laid back work environment
Machine Operator (Industrial Sewing Exp.)
STARTING PAY: $11.85 hourly - No Convictions (within last 7 years)
Operates within one or more area(s) in a continuous flow manufacturing process executing prescribed repetitive processes to meet production and quality standards. Performs routine inspections and basic preventative maintenance on equipment.
Process Areas: Coiling, Foam Encasement, Assembly, Gluing, Sewing, Borders, Quilting, Closing and Packing
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Follows all safety policies and procedures defined by the company safety program and OSHA regulations to eliminate work related injuries.
* Manufactures sufficient quantities of quality products per specified standards.
* Monitors the process using meters, gauges, valves, flow ratios, temperatures, pressures, and related controls and guidelines to ensure adherence to production/process specifications.
* Reports any malfunctions or abnormalities and makes minor adjustments and repairs to equipment.
* Assembles mechanical units, fabricated parts/components and/or electrical/electronic systems to make subassemblies, assemblies or complete units using hand tools, power tools, jigs, fixtures and miscellaneous equipment.
* Follows established procedures for operating various conventional and/or CNC (computerized numerical control) manufacturing equipment for tasks such as cutting, punching, forming, drilling, tapping, turning, milling, and stamping to fabricate, form or shape manufactured parts, tools or parts assemblies from raw materials
* Selects and measures raw materials and parts to specifications to prepare for production processing
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS/ FUNCTIONAL SKILLS/ COMPETENCIES
*Demonstrates pride, ownership and accountability for Safety and Quality
*Strong mechanical aptitude, analytical thinking and ability to problem solve
*Excellent communication skills and ability to work in cross-functional teams
*Ability and willingness to cross-train
*Adapt to changing circumstances and priorities
*Effectively solve targeted problems
*Encourage and own a safe work environment
*Produce high quality work
Work cooperatively with others and achieve outcomes
*Open to feedback and motivated to grow outside the comfort zone
*Communicate efficiently and effectively with others
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
• Must be at least 18 years or older.
• High school diploma or GED not required
• Previous experience in a manufacturing operations environment preferred.
JOB FACTORS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work involves physical demands typically found in a manufacturing environment, such as but not limited to: prolonged standing, bending, lifting and/or moving materials.
Sewing Machine Operator
Sew high quality vinyl based products for the pool and spa industry. Experience is not necessary as we provide training, it is not uncommon for our best operators to have no previous sewing experience. The best candidates will be comfortable with the following:
- Lifting up to 30lbs
- Working independently
- Being paid based on production
- Paid time off and vacation
We provide all the training and equipment to get you stared in your new career.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!