Buttonhole And Button Sewing Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Industrial Sewing Machine Operator
Industrial Sewing Machine Operator will be responsible for joining and hemming large HDPE (high density polyethylene) shade fabrics, ranging from 10'x10' up to 60'x60'.
Daily tasks would include but not be limited to sewing, measuring, cutting,etc.
Must be able to work in non-air-conditioned warehouse environment.
Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced environment, overtime may be required.
Hourly pay determined by past experience. Room for advancement and benefits after 90 days.
Shade Systems is a Drug Free Work Place. Applicant must pass a typical background check as well as drug screening upon hire.
Sewing Machine Operator Needed! Operadores De Maquinas De Coser!
Seeking experienced Stitchers for a Manufacturer in Fall River Ma.
-must be reliable and have own transportation
-must have at a minimum of 5 years in manufacturing
- single and double needle
-1st shift 7 am - 3:30 pm
to apply please call 508-990-7670
- Estamos buscando operadores de máquina de coser para la zona de Fall river
- experiencia en maquinas industriales, puntada sola y doble aguja
-tiene que tener su propria transportacion
- para aplicar por favor llame 508-990-7670
651 Orchard Street, Suite 106
New Bedford, MA 02744
Sewing Machine Operator (Seamstress)
We are a established Aerospace Company manufacturing parts for aircraft interiors. Our seat cover division is growing and we are looking for qualified people with upholstery experience to aid in our growth. We have high level of engagement with our customers, suppliers and team. If you want to work within an environment where you are recognized and rewarded for your hard work, we would love to talk to you.
- Experience in industrial sewing and preferably in cover sewing, over-lock and flat-lock stitch.
- Experience with sewing leather preferred. Examining products or work to verify conformance to specifications.
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to show initiative and work with little to no supervision.
- High level of attention to detail and organization skills.
- Reliable, enthusiastic and conscientious.
- Comfortable working in an environment where quality is number one.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience and knowledge of sewing with industrial machine, preferably leather.
- Experience using twin needle machines a plus.
- Experience using a post stitch machine a plus.
- The ideal candidate will be one that is driven and motivated, enjoys working in a team environment.
- High School or equivalent
- Spanish Speaking preferred
Founded in 1974 manufacturing superior quality foams, we have grown organically, adding to our expertise with the addition of advanced thermoformed plastic parts before finally integrating soft cover materials with seat covers in 2010.
Based in Lake Elsinore, Southern California, our 150,000 square feet, state of the art facility houses vertically integrated manufacture of aircraft foams, seat covers and thermoplastics. Everything is designed and manufactured in one facility.
Design and development is a core part of our business, providing genuine solutions that are tailored to fit OEM seating products. From initial sketching to 3d Renders through to the final product delivery. Our final product always exceeds customer expectation.
Industrial Sewing Machine Operator
- Must have experience using an industrial sewing machine.
- Prior awning/canvas experience not required. Will train the right candidate.
- Manufactures custom canvas awnings based on patterns using specified materials.
- It is expected of all employees to possess a high level of team player attitude and an aggressive desire to learn new tasks and skills. All employees regardless of job title or description must show a complete commitment to customer service and customer needs.
- Must be punctual to all shifts.
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work well with the other sewing room team members.
- Pay attention to details
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Lift to/from floor-up to 35 lbs. occasionally
- Kneel or crouch-frequently
*Each applicant should be aware that changes in this job description could occur at any time. Also this job description is not to be considered or construed to be a contract of employment.
Machine Operator - Lectra Cutting Machine Operator
Looking for an individual who is highly motivated to work in a successful fast-moving environment. Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in a production setting as a CNC machine operator. Must posses good trouble shooting skills and be capable of training others to maintain a high standard of quality. Must be flexible to cross training in other area's. Basic Skills required are: typing, reading, math, and computer skills. Must be able to read a ruler. Must have a strong attention to detail skills. Must be safety-conscious and capable of multi-tasking.
Great Family Company to work for
Plasma Torch/Laser Cutting Machine Operator
Steel Plasma Cutting Machine Operator
National manufacturer requires experienced, reliable, dedicated automotive or machinery trained person. Position is Plasma Steel Cutting Machine Operator. Welding experience helpful. Will train individual with some computer aptitude. Full time position with full benefits. North Kingstown, (Quonset) Rhode Island location.
Industrial Sewing Machine Operator
Your passion for sewing is a fun way to earn money while creating cold air inflatables, banners and more!
Primary responsibilities include sewing cold air inflatable balloons and banners on industrial sewing machines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute sewing techniques and understand proprietary terminology
- Develop accurate measuring skills
- Interpret patterns and sewing instruction for assembly of inflatables
- Assemble and construct inflatables
- Discuss new projects with Heavy Sewing Supervisor and designer prior to construction of inflatable
- Use of heat welder, box tacker, machine and hand grommet, webbing cutter and hot knife
- Read internal work orders and apply relevant information
- Be aware of and meet project due dates
- Comply with all company polices and procedures
- Keep journal of notes on every project
- Maintain proper levels of maintenance and sanitation in and around work area
- Conduct simple machine maintenance as required
- Demonstrate and encourage safe work practices at all times
- Perform all duties in a manner consistent with the spirit of teamwork
- Perform any and all duties as required by management
- Must be able to interpret complex sketches, drawings and patterns
- Prior experience and/or basic knowledge of sewing techniques
- Exemplify a "Make-it-happen" attitude
- Posses a strong work ethic
- Ability to complete projects on a timely basis
- Available for overtime as necessary
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Sewing experience preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as Internal Work Orders and designs
- Ability to read measurements, fractions and rulers to produce a quality inflatable
- Ability to lift, push and/or pull 75 lbs.
- Sitting, standing, bending, kneeling and stretching are an integral part of this position
- Use of small step stool
Full-time Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 3:30 pm.
We offer Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.
Our people are essential to the way we do business. We develop as a company by working closely with our staff. Product research and development is a key and vital role in our ability to provide the highest levels of quality. We are constantly developing new products, ideas and technologies to meet the ever changing needs of our clients and the industries we serve. We listen carefully to our clients, work together, think creatively and encourage individual accountability. We believe that with this approach Inflatable Images has been and continues to be the industry standard. Founded in 1982, Inflatable Images has been counted upon by literally thousands of large corporations, government agencies, schools, sports teams and small companies alike to produce some of their most memorable inflatables for any event.
WHY WE ARE DIFFERENT
Inflatable Image prides itself by incorporating the most advanced technologies available to our industry. Our design staff utilizes state of the art printing, cutting and digital equipment, and the latest 3D engineering software available. Inflatable Images is in position to meet or exceed our clients most exact requirements for high quality design, fit and finish. Our skilled designers, technicians and artisans are dedicated to the notion that uncompromising quality and relentless service are the backbone to our business.
HOW WE WORK
Our goal is to provide our clients with unique and highly visible inflatable, digital promotions and displays that compliment a total advertising campaign. By working closely with our clients during the concept and design phase, we can ensure we have a shared vision and understanding of the entire project. This basic formula ensures we will be able to design and deliver uncompromising products and promotions that command attention, generate brand recognition, and create lasting impressions every time.
Scherba Industries, Inc. - EOE
Check us out at www.inflatableimages.com
Operator - Sewing Machine
Industrial Sewing Machine Operator
Manufacturing and Production
Soft Goods Fabricator/ Industrial Seamstress
- Produce all types of soft goods including, but not limited to the following:
- Various types of Insulation Seals
- Protection/ Thermal blankets
- Thermal Curtains
- Straps, Flaps, & Wraps.
- Cutting materials from templates.
- Stitching components by sewing machine or by hand sewing.
- Stuffing of materials stitched, with proper filler.
- Prepare work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting materials.
- Prepares machine by changing needles and thread; securing attachments.
- Operating industrial size sewing machines including single needle, double needle, and serger.
- Sews materials together by guiding material under machine needle.
- Adjusts machine performance on material by observing machine operation; detecting malfunctions; adjusting settings. Stitch length, tensions, etc.
- Maintains quality by inspecting finished product.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources and approvals.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of one year of experience as a Seamster/Seamstress/Machinist in an industrial environment, including factories or fast pace production sewing.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Sewing of Removable/ Reusable Insulation Covers
- Experience in the use of sewing with ‘industrial sew machines’ such as single and double needle, tacking, banding and marrow, & Serger.
- Ability to cut & prepare materials and fabrics.
- Experience creating and cutting patterns.
- Experience in the Automotive, Aerospace or Marine upholstery trades a plus.
- Ability to follow engineering drawings and production procedures.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs. unassisted.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods - 8 hours min.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl.
- Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, and overtime as needed.
Position is subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
We service the Oil & Gas, Power, & Steel Industries.
Sewing Machine Operator – Utica, NY
Sewing Machine Operator – Utica, NY Posted by Bekah Sebastian"Bekah Sebastian On Nov 08, 2017 Click Here to Apply for this Position Summary of Position: The Utility Sewing Machine Operator supports HT’s mission of Creating Employment for People with Disabilities by performing complex sewing tasks on any equipment, assisting production sewers, and recommending improvements to production processes.
Produce sewn items from drawings, patterns, sketches, and other specifications, and perform all sewing functions on all equipment, with little or no training or instruction, and ensure that all work meets acceptable levels for productivity and quality.
Participate in the development of sewn prototypes, models, and samples, including deconstruction, pattern creation, sew-complete and related data collection.
Work independently, track quantities produced, and inspect own work.
Sew production operations and quantities when necessary to support customer requirements.
Train and support sewing machine operators and assist in trouble shooting production sewing issues, when instructed.
Perform routine machine adjustments, and notify supervisor of machine performance and/or safety issues.
Participate in time studies, and make recommendations for improvement to production sewing operations.
Comply with safety policies and procedures for safety of self and others.
Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
+ 1-3 years of varied sewing experience, utilizing industry-standard equipment, including but not limited to single needle, surging, tacking.
Able to sit for extended periods of time.
Must pass any required federal, state, municipality, and/or customer-specific background checks. EOE – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities Click Here to Apply for this Position
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!