Buyer Job Description Sample
Demand Planner - Buyer - Buyer With Blue Ridge, Clarity, Or E3 Experi
Looking for a Demand Planner - Buyer with Blue Ridge, Clarity, or E3 demand planning experience.
This position provides the functional expertise required to support all business needs within the Purchasing/InventoryManagement/Replenishment realm. Relies on extensive experience, skills, judgment and communication to plan and accomplish company goals with wide degree of creativity and latitude. Works independently and requires minimal guidance.
Works closely internally with Division Presidents, Vice Presidents, Regional Managers, Sales, Store and Product Managers; externally with Vendors.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of company needs from both the technological and business perspective.
- Forecasting levels of demand for products being stocked/sold to meet the business needs and keeping a constant check on stock levels and other business metrics.
- Develop/follow an organized purchasing strategy to place and track purchase orders that are timely and accurate.
- Act as a liaison between Purchasing and branch store locations.
- Meet objectives for service and inventory performance using best business practices for purchasing and inventory control.
- Support sales and marketing department strategic goals and initiatives.
- Perform Purchasing/Inventory KPI review and ongoing business analysis/support.
- Provide ongoing training and support for newly hired buyers or additions to the department on Blue Ridge Demand Planning Software.
- Potentially supervise other Buyers to ensure most efficient practices/procedures and departmental standardization.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Technology, Computer Science or related area, or equivalent substantive work experience
- 2 - 4 years of relevant experience in purchasing/inventory planning and information systems
- Able to build relationships and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- 6 - 10 years of relevant experience in purchasing/inventory planning and information systems
- Experience in the HVAC wholesale distribution environment
- Experience with Blue Ridge/Clarity or E3 purchasing systems/software
- Experience training others on the use of purchasing systems
Gemaire has multiple service centers in 10 states, which include Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Southern Alabama, Western Louisiana, California, Mississippi, Nevada and Arizona.
Jewelry Buyer /Assistant Buyer
We currently have exciting opportunities in our buying department for a jewelry buyer and an assistant buyer. Our buyers start their day in our Mineola based facility with a quick commute to our NYC buying office located in midtown. In this position you will learn the secrets to our buying success while developing relationships with major manufactures in NYC, LA and Europe.
The ideal candidate will be professional, well spoken, with excellent communication, negotiating and networking skills. An upbeat, outgoing personality will assist in obtaining new contacts and building strong working relationships.
* Experience in fashion retail sales/buying environment a plus
* Entrepreneurial spirit with a creative flair and high energy a plus
Fox's offers competitive salary, weekly bonus and benefits. For immediate consideration please send a cover letter and updated resume today!
Visit our website www.foxs.com for more information about our company.
OperationsReports To: Purchasing ManagerRESPONSIBILITIES:Perform procurement activities to support production, facility and engineering requirements. Establishpriorities with Lead persons, Manufacturing Managers and Quality Assurance to support customer requirements.· Create and release purchase orders of production materials, shop supplies and perishable tooling based on system requirements and purchase requisitions.· Review and process purchase orders in conformance to company policies and procedures.· Perform timely follow up with suppliers to ensure on time delivery.· Develop supplier base, ability to support forecast requirements, expedite deliveries when required.· Establish and maintain inventory levels on assigned programs.· Perform all duties listed above across all programs.QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE2 years experience in purchasing required. Aerospace experience preferred. Knowledge of MRP and automated purchasing systems (Visibility preferred) and computer skills (Word, Excel).LANGUAGE SKILLSStrong communication skills required in order to interact with suppliers, co-workers and customers. Written skills required in order to present status, issues and recommendations to management, suppliers, co-workers and customers.MATHEMATICAL SKILLSAbility to calculate material usage, conversion of units of measure and component costs.PCC Structurals is committed to a diverse workforce. As Equal Opportunity Employer, VEVRAA Federal Contractor, affirmative action employer we provide equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color, or any other classification in accordance with federal, state, and local statutes, regulations and ordinances "Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Status/VEVRAA Federal Contractor". Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as PCC Structurals desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 503-652-3512 for assistance. PCC Structurals is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor committed to providing priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please visit www.eeoc.gov http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Jr. Furniture Buyer Trainee
Buyers are responsible for the overall product selection and strategic merchandising direction of a category or group of categories, with the goal of meeting exceeding sales and GMROI targets. Buyers maintain a singular focus on the product and customer by incorporating competitive intelligence, customer and market insights, and rigorous business analysis to make decisions that drive the business. Buyers are responsible for the purchase and negotiation of all merchandise, and the optimization of inventory flow. Buyers partner with the Chief Merchant Officer, Director of Purchasing, and the Merchandising/Visual teams to develop strategies to maximize business opportunities.
• Executes the merchandise strategy, including all product selection and new product design ideas with appropriate vendor and sourcing partners.
• Executes vendor selection with Director/CMO partnership, and cultivates strong vendor relationships, including weekly communication of business results and opportunities.
• Monitors industry trends, evaluates competition, and attends the major furniture markets in the U.S. and abroad. Creates "shopping list" for each market and vendor agenda schedules.
• Maintains and updates Merchandise Line up monthly to Image Editing team and maintains and updates the Lineup room with new arrivals.
• Conducts line up reviews / post market recaps with Management and Visual teams and drives alignment on all buying decisions.
• Creates PO's on new merchandise and adds stores to the Planning List on a timely basis for initial allocation to the appropriate locations. Visits QUAC daily to review all new merchandise for quality before transfer to the stores and gets involved with vendors as needed on solutions.
• Works with NAS on pending issues needing resolution, or credits that need to be requested that needs buyer involvement to help expedite.
• Analyze CSALE report (Runs daily) to monitor sales by sku and group, review trends, and the categories and/or vendors that are driving the business.
• Review IFR report (Runs on Mondays) for your category of responsibility to evaluate performance of each sku, and each group by vendor. Analyze inventory, selling ratios and historical and current sales at the total level, by month and by store. Note current Retail Price-Point, Margin, Turn, Current on-order, and which stores do and don't have the product on display. Take timely action by maximizing the best sellers as well as those that aren't performing to determine if to re-price, change store placement, or discontinue the merchandise.
• Review LOFT parameters regularly for each of your re-order groups for the most accurate and current Lead time, Sales Forecasting Method and Days of Stock for each.
• Monitor Loft re-order notifications daily, and validate the recommendation. Take timely action to either enter the re-order, adjust your re-order parameters, or move product out of the group into Drop Status. Delegate re-orders as necessary by working with each support buyer responsible for that vendor on a regular basis.
• Analyze the OBR report (runs monthly the week of OTB) which will have your most recent projected cost sales worked through with the Director of Purchasing. Note your inventory levels, turnover, on-order, and if you are within range of the Running Total Open to Buy limits each month. Take action if you are more than 10% over or under the targeted inventory range. If over, be prepared if over to detail a strategy for additional funding for plus sales opportunities. All OTB meetings are conducted monthly with each buyer presenting their category to the CMO, Director of Purchasing and Buying team.
• Run and analyze the BESTG report on the 1st week of every month. Take note of best sellers including Sales volume, number of stores, and recent introductions of new best sellers into the report. React by rolling out winners to all stores and maximize all by location opportunities.
• Analyze the Out of Stock online report daily to understand gaps to supply chain and take immediate actions to address.
• Run LOFT PER report weekly to check for shipping status of your orders. Delegate as necessary to buyer support team on total vendor shipping updates. Partner with Director of Logistics, and with vendor directly on optimizing delivery options.
• Utilize the 8 step Purchase Order Process for PO order entering and tracking to ensure optimal flow of inventory. Work and align with Buying Support Team on process through regular communication and weekly meetings.
• Run the VPA report on the first week of every month. Analyze the sales, turn, inventory, GM% and receipts for total category, and for each of the vendors in your category. Compare factors to LY for the previous month, YTD and last 12 months. Note Sales and Stock penetration for each vendor to total and turns compared to category totals. Dig deeper into those vendors that are turning too slowly or too quickly and/or have lopsided stock to sales ratios.
• Review DROP IFR report (Runs Fridays) to review and analyze selling on dropped/discontinued merchandise and take appropriate and timely action to move through the inventory.
• Partners with Director of Purchasing and Advertising team on the selections to be featured in direct mailers, inserts, in-store flyers, TV commercials and online only offers.
• Establishes and approves pricing strategy for all current and new items. Evaluates target markup analysis and guidelines and applies appropriately to all buying decisions. Negotiates markdown allowances on slow sellers, advertising co-op, payments terms and discounts on floor samples.
• Creates and maintains pricing configurations, timely re-prices, changes to packages, and product description changes that optimize and drive sales. (Enter into New Configuration List)
• Manages in-stocks on all advertised product and ensures the communication of in-stock issues to stores. Monitors by style advertising effectiveness, and is prepared to make adjustments on next advertising vehicle.
• Supports and partners with Visual and Design team in providing store presentation guidance and ideas to best drive sales.
• Participates in all formal monthly store visits, and preps in advance by analyzing the SBMN2 report, comparing store and category trends to total company. Runs the WINNERS and BEST reports for store, and compare best sellers to total company. Develops strategies and actions in advance of store visit and partners with Merchandise Leaders on recommended decisions. Attends pre-store visit meeting and presents the recommended actions to the CMO, Director and
• Develops and empowers Buyer Support Team through delegation of support tasks, daily communication, 1x1 weekly meetings, and guidance of workload prioritization. Assesses performance and provides regular feedback for continued development.
• Participates in training and development of new Jr Buyers entering the company and/or other executives new to the organization.
• Walks corporate showroom at least once per week to review merchandising of all product and communicates any opportunities to the Merchandise Leader.
• Shops the competition regularly, frequents their websites and peruses catalogs. Reads and keep abreast of the industry with Furniture Today and other periodicals.
• Reviews feedback from "Listening to You", Sales Associates, Store Leaders and others to identify and action on missing opportunities.
• Assists sales associates, store leaders, merchandise leaders, DC, Accounting and Customer Care leaders with any issues needing immediate attention.
• Fosters a teamwork atmosphere with buyer colleagues and support team, and uses "Buddy System" when out of the office for any issues during absences.
• Meets weekly with the Director of Purchasing to align on priorities for the week, review financials, and discuss go forward strategic decisions to drive the business.
• Checks and reviews EDF website regularly to review home page, current offers for pricing accuracy, what's being shown as new arrivals, new reductions, gift ideas and fashion blog page. Identifies any opportunities to improve and maximize category business for the site.
We are EEO/AAP/Drug Free Workplace
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
El Dorado Furniture is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an applicants or employees: race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran or marital status, genetic information, citizenship, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status entitled to protection under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws. No questions on this application are intended to secure information to be used for impermissible purposes.
El Dorado Furniture is committed to complying with The Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, and to providing reasonable accommodations to enable qualified applicants with disabilities to have equal opportunity to apply for job openings. Any applicant requiring assistance with our online application process or who needs to be accommodated due to a disability should contact Human Resources for assistance or request assistance from the location where you are applying.
Sr. Commodity Buyer
We are currently representing an industry leading automotive supplier who is actively seeking a Senior Commodity Buyer. Our client is one of the fastest growing automotive suppliers in North America and has a tremendous amount of upward mobility potential.
- Manage supply base to include renewal of agreements and assisting suppliers in problem solving and tracking corrective actions.
- Conduct supplier assessments for potential new suppliers
- Responsible for strategic sourcing of assigned commodity parts
- Negotiate product and tooling price based on cost modeling and established business targets for profitability and ROI
- Bachelors Degree
- 3+ years of purchasing experience
- Prior experience purchasing electronics, electrical, plastic resin, or plastic components
- Oversee spend upwards of $25 million is preferred.
- Prior experience negotiating contracts and working with supplier base on purchasing manufacturing components and materials.
Department: Asset Management
Reports To: Inventory Operations Manager and Director of Product Management
Our Company Purpose:
To provide a program that exceeds the customer's expectations and maximizes their opportunity for advancement.
Our Company Values:
1. Honesty and Integrity in everything we say and do.
2. Maintain the highest regard for each customer and associate.
3. Develop people and promote from within.
4. Use our collective strengths to make decisions and solve problems.
6588 - Buyer
* Candidate must possess a Bachelor or Associate degree or equivalent Purchasing experience.
* The primary responsibility of this position is to assure the delivery of product to the manufacturing plants.
* Must have procurement or buying experience for production environments; preferable in a manufacturing industry such as automotive, healthcare, or aerospace.
* Excel spreadsheet proficiency required.
* Experience with an ERP system is required.
* Very strong data/information organizing skills are required.
* This position will require strong communication skills, both oral and written.
* A proven ability to find sources of products is preferred.
* Compile information and records to enter and generate purchase orders for the procurement of materials and services.
* Expedite, track, and update the status of POs - will require strong telephone/internet skills to obtain and use the information necessary.
* Locate potential sources of new materials
We offer attractive, competitive compensation and benefits including, medical, dental, vision, paid time off, holidays, 401k, Short Term Disability, AD&D and Tuition Reimbursement. If you take pride in your work and are committed to personal and professional success we want to talk to you. Please visit to learn more.
RGBSI is a Multi-National Corporation headquartered in Troy, MI with branches throughout the USA, Canada, China, Germany, Mexico, Singapore, UK, and India.
Buyer Needed Asap
MDC Vacuum Products is currently looking for an outstanding Buyer to join our dynamic team
Compiles information and records to prepare purchase orders for procurement of raw material, goods or services to support manufacturing, maintenance or sales activities. Plans and prepares production schedules for manufacture of high vacuum components with assistance and direction from others on the team.
- Consults catalogs and interviews suppliers to obtain prices and specifications
- Enters purchase order in computer system and sends copy to supplier and department originating request\
- Compiles records of items purchased or transferred between departments, prices, deliveries, and inventories
- Computes total cost of items purchased.
- Confers with suppliers concerning late deliveries
- Compares prices, specifications, and delivery dates and suggests to leadership which awards to contract to bidders or places orders with suppliers or mail order firms
- Develop, revise and maintain production schedules to insure timely shipments of all products as specified in the Master Schedule related to specified product line(s).
- Create and maintain all manufacturing work orders related to specified product line(s)
- Plans and schedules workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times
- Confers with department supervisors to determine status of assigned projects
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions
- Prepares production reports
- Prepares purchase requisition to obtain materials, tools, and equipment related to assigned products line(s)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Working knowledge of ERP software.
- Proficient in PC computer skills
- High school or GED graduate.
- Ideally two (2) years of experience in purchasing products in a manufacturing environment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. Requires the individual to work at a desk on a computer for an extended period of time with periods of time in which they will have to move around the office for interaction with others. Requires interaction with others via the telephone for extended periods of time.
Requires light physical effort such as stopping and bending, and occasional lifting of lightweight objects (up to 25 pounds). The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
Buyer – Outdoor Category (Apparel And Bags And Travel Accessories)
About this job:
We are a rapidly growing ecommerce company with a unique model. The Buyer will be responsible for developing and managing the outdoor apparel and accessory categories which includes the selection, purchase and delivery of merchandise focused on performance clothing, outerwear, packs, bags and cold weather categories.
Manages opportunistic buying responsibility (based on vendors or classifications) and accountability for sales and margin performance.
Manages receipts in terms of balancing assortments and flexing from flow versus pack and hold.
Demonstrates fiscal responsibility in negotiating for pack and hold goods to offset additional costs of storing merchandise (e.g. additional dating, vendors holding merchandise etc.).
Responsible for leveraging data and market trends to create and execute buying strategies that effectively drive profitable sales.
Buyer are responsible for continuously identifying new opportunities, pursuing new vendors, and sourcing new markets
Build strong relationships with vendors that include trust, integrity, follow-up. This includes frequent visits to showrooms, selecting product and handling negotiations, either independently or in conjunction with their supervisor.
Shops all on line marketplaces and retail to identify opportunities, trends and labels.
Foster relationships across department with peers and management to meet company goals and objectives.
Experience as a Buyer in a fast paced, retail environment. Specialty, Off price and ecommerce experience desirable.
Expertise and relationships with outdoor brands and licensees with focus on apparel, back packs bags and travel accessories.
Proven experience consistently delivering on financial targets and driving profitable sales. Proficient in retail math.
The ability to quickly adjust strategy in response to market conditions and fashion trends.
Strong analytical skills.
Entrepreneurial minded and comfortable taking risks.
Demonstrated organizational skills
Experience cultivating relationships, both with internal teams and the vendor community.
Strong negotiation skills, with examples to substantiate.
Superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
Consistently acting with a high level of integrity.
- Domestic travel required
Scrap Metal Buyer
Thank you for your interest in EMR - Southern Recycling!
We are currently looking for a ScrapMetal Buyer. This position will be based out of Lake Charles, LA.
The Scrap Metal Buyer will be responsible for the sourcing, assessment and purchase of metals with an emphasis on our ELV - End of Life Vehicle - program. And will be responsible for the establishment and fostering of key customer relationships
- 3 years experience preferred in the scrap metal industry
- Familiarity with ELV or auto-hulk purchasing
- Solid understanding of the methods in which scrap metal is valued (i.e. Iron Age, AMM, etc.)
- Familiarity with identifying, handling and processing metals
- Previous sales and account management experience
- Demonstrated negotiation skill
- Displays resourcefulness and an entrepreneurial mind-set
- Possesses a problem solving skill set
- Operates with a high level of independence yet has the ability to work in a team setting
- Highly motivated and a strategic thinker
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of and working experience with personal computers
- Ability to perform all physical, mental and environmental job functions
- Purchases scrap metal from new and existing clientèle
- Uses knowledge of scrap metal industry and market conditions to assess value and negotiate best pricing
- Aligns buying strategy with local, regional and national strategies
- Effectively develops and maintains relationships with existing clients
- Identifies and secures additional business with existing accounts
- Receives and responds to customer inquiries and quotations
- Inspects material for quality, grades and values
- Solicits new business
- Assists with managing inventory control
- Remains current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors
- Performs other duties as assigned
- - - - - - - -
To Apply :
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in EMR - Southern Recycling!
- - - - - - - -
EMR is a global leader in metal recycling. We are privately owned with a heritage dating back to the 1940s and employ around 4000 people operating at 150 locations around the world. Our core business is the recycling of scrap metal from a range of sources such as End-of-Life vehicles/consumer products, industry, construction and demolition. This results in sales of recycled commodities of around 10 million tons a year. We have extensive ferrous and non-ferrous operations worldwide and produce over 100 grades of high quality recycled materials which are taken to market by our substantial road, rail and shipping network. Supporting our core activities are a range of specialist divisions including industrial clearance, total waste management, ship breaking, servicing local government service providers, solder production, cable, copper and aluminum granulation facilities and environmental consultancy. Also, through our own and our joint venture activities we are working towards becoming a zero waste company.
- Substantial ferrous and non-ferrous metal recycling activities -
- Ethical and responsible work culture -
- Maximizing recycling rates -
- Working towards zero waste -
- Premium quality recycled products -
- Local support on a global level -
- Recycling scrap metal to preserve and supply resources -
- - - - - - - -
EMR - European Metal Recycling is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal law.
- - - - - - - -
Our core business is the recycling of scrap metal from a range of sources such as End-of-Life vehicles/consumer products, industry, construction and demolition. We have extensive ferrous and non-ferrous operations worldwide and produce over 100 grades of high quality recycled materials which are taken to market by our substantial road, rail and shipping network.
Supporting our core activities are a range of specialist divisions including industrial clearance, total waste management, ship breaking, servicing local government service providers and cable, copper and aluminum granulation facilities. Also, through our own and our joint venture activities we are working towards becoming a zero waste company.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!