Cabinet Maker Job Description Sample
We are seeking a cabinet maker / woodworker with at least 5 years experience. Must be able to read and understand plans. Know how to safely operate all standard wood working machinery. Work well with a team or on your own. Finishing experience is a plus. Lot's of room for growth within the company for the right candidate.
COMPANY OVERVIEW We have been in business for over 25 years and is regarded as one of the top millwork shops in the New England Area. Our project experience includes restaurants, offices, health care facilities, laboratories, residential homes, hospitality, and retail.
JOB DESCRIPTION Architectural Millwork Shop currently looking for an experienced cabinet maker with the ability to take a set of plans from concept to completion with little to no management oversight. As part our team of craftsman, you will be responsible for the assembly of interior cabinets and solid wood components as well as other daily activities required in the manufacturing process. The ideal candidate is detail orientated with solid craftsmanship skills who takes pride in their work and has a passion for making high quality products.
Our work is recognized throughout the industry from hotel lobby's to high end homes with premiere clients. This is a full time position with benefits. Company offers Health and Dental Insurance, Vacation Time, and Holidays.
JOB REQUIREMENTS High school diploma or general education degree. 1 - 5 years experience related to cabinet making. Detail orientated workmanship. Good communication skills.
Ability to read and comprehend shop drawings. Proper use and safe handling of hand power tools in the cabinet building trade. Proper use of woodworking machinery.
Ability to work as a team. APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS Please reply with resume and the following information: Desired Salary Range Experience Level 3 Listed References (Personal or Professional) Languages Spoken within Shop - English, Polish, Portuguese, Russian
Cabinet Installation / Maker
Well established Custom Architectural Millwork Shop seeking Experienced Cabinetmaker at our facility in Lowell, MA to work on high-end commercial cabinetry. The candidate must have three years’ experience working with Laminate Materials in a mill shop setting. We are looking for someone who has the desire to successfully produce the high-quality products our clients expect.
Job Qualifications and Responsibilities are:
- · Must have 3 years’ experience working with Laminates
- · 3-5 years’ experience working in a wood/laminate mill shop.
- · Experience with wood, laminates and other materials
- · Ability to read shop drawings.
- · Familiarity with common woodworking materials and tools.
- · Complete projects in a timely manner.
- · Assist other cabinet makers with projects in the shop.
- · Maintaining equipment and shop cleanliness
- · Tasks assigned by shop foreman
Punctual, reliable and a strong work ethic encouraged to apply.
Hours are Monday-Friday 6:30am-3pm, with occasional overtime.
Benefits: Paid Holidays, Health Insurance, IRA
Cabinet Maker / Cabinet Installer
Looking for experienced Cabinet Makers, Finbishers and Installers. Full time position, must have reliable transportation. Installer must have valid drivers license.
Carpentry / Cabinet Maker (2Nd Or 3Rd Shift)
HIRING IMMEDIATELY: Carpenters
Looking to hire full time Carpenters. Shift work is mandatory (2nd or 3rd). Working in a shop environment. Will be using various machines and power tools to cut, saw, put together, take apart and manipulate aluminum & steel materials. General hours 12 hours per day and schedule varies from 6 to 7 days per week depending on work load and deadlines.
Must have own hand tools.
- High accuracy for measuring & cutting
- Can read drawings and arithmetically figure out missing dimensions
- Measure twice cut once mentality
- Eye for detail
- Good work rate
- Trade specific tools
- Reliable transportation
- Solid work ethic and attitude
- Drug free work environment
Cabinet making and wood working experience are usually good fits.
Please submit Resumes and/or call to set up interview appointments 704-562-7320 (local qualified candidates only).
Job SummaryResponsible for producing, designing, crafting, and testing wood products such as cabinets, musical instruments, and furniture using specialized tools.Primary responsibilities
- Design, produce, and test wood products.
- Build furniture using hand tools.
- Use automated machinery, such as computerized numerical control (CNC) machines.
- Perform work in high production assembly line facility.
- Set up, operate, and tend drill presses, lathes, shapers, routers, sanders, planers, and wood-nailing machines.
- Cut, shape, and smooth wooden parts.
- Verify dimensions using caliper or rule.
- Add fasteners and adhesives and connect the pieces to form a complete unit.
- Sand products using sander or sandpaper.
- Stain or coat products with lacquer or varnish.
- Set products out to dry.
- Operate specialized pieces of woodworking machinery.
- Work to preserve antiques.
- Design and create sets of cabinets that are customized for particular spaces.
- Create wooden accents and trim.
- Create scale models of products or buildings that are used in construction
- Construct dies used in castings.
- Complete all stages of woodworking process.
- Ensure wood isn't warped, cracked, or swollen.
- Repair wooden furniture, cabinets, and other wood products.
- Apply paint to raw wood.
Qualifications and Skills
- At least three to four years of prior woodworking experience
- CNC experience
- Cabinet making experience
- High School Diploma
Benefits after probational period
We are a cabinet shop that specializes in unique designs in whole home cabinetry and architectural millwork.
We are currently seeking an experienced cabinet maker with the ability to:
· Read blueprints, visualize the completed project and construct accordingly
· Figure out cabinet parts sizes including doors and drawers
· Use a variety of hand and power tools safely
· Complete projects in an efficient and organized manner
· Work and communicate well with others
Pay based on experience.
Hours of work 6 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Mon-Thur.
Custom Cabinet Maker
*Basic Hand Tools
*Legal to work & drive
*Be able to read Shop Plans
*Exceptional Attention to Detail and Quality
*Experience with Shop machinery
*If you have experience in Design, Drawing (CAD), Shop Foreman experience let us know it may add to your opportunities
Woodworker / Cabinet Maker
Custom Marine Woodworking business seeks additional woodworkers experienced in all phases of cabinet, furniture and custom fabrication. Seeking experienced furniture and cabinet builders. If you are only a cabinet installer there is no need to apply. Must have 6-10 years minimum experience in cabinet construction and or furniture fabrication. MUST have own bench tools and reliable vehicle. Only clean cut, honest, energetic, focused individuals, looking for long term employment, need apply. Must have a positive attitude. Must work well with others and have lead man capabilities. Must be capable of handling challenging woodworking designs while working on high end yachts. Hull building or boat building skills not necessary. Skills should include solid wood construction as well as veneer experience to produce high end millwork, furniture and casework. Experience fabricating and installing yacht teak decks a plus. Applicants must be detail orientated, punctual and able to follow through with daily paperwork. Must be willing to work overtime. Must be able to work on Saturdays or Sundays, if necessary. Two shops located in West Palm Area. Paid holidays and insurance benefits. Recent references required. Drug Free work environment. Preference for employees to be in 20 mile radius but skill is more important than distance.
SEND resume with FURNITURE BUILDER in the subject line
Cabinet Maker for commercial industry. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!