Cable Plant Team Lead
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech is seeking a Cable Plant Administrator to support the workload associated with wire, cable, fiber optics, and associated electronics supporting new facilities being constructed; existing facilities being renovated or remodeled, upgrade of existing wiring to support higher capacity voice, data circuits, and electronics, and repair/replacement of faulty or obsolete cable plant in existing facilities.
* Provide leadership and oversight for the cable plant team, and interface with customer regarding project progress.
* Cable plant Project Management services and assistance.
* Management activities associated with successful provisioning of telecom wire and cable supporting wide-area-network voice and data circuits in USCIS facilities.
* Project Management coordination and communications.
* Technical design and support.
* Standardized implementation of wiring and cable projects.
* Work jointly with USCIS to provide a dedicated project manager and support services for the installation and maintenance of cable and wireless infrastructure throughout USCIS.
* Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* Interface and coordinate with the USCIS Office of Facilities (FAC), General Services Administration (GSA), USCIS Support Contractors, Contracted architects and engineers.
* Gather requirements, establish schedules, support and attend meetings, communicate and coordinate projects with the USCIS Office of Facilities, various cable Contractors, track project costs, and interface with USCIS OIT customers. In addition, minimal travel will be required for attending construction meetings, project kick-off, and performing site surveys and quality assurance checks.
* Assist with modifications to policies, procedures, and standards.
* Provide personnel and resources to control and support wire and cable systems in the information technology infrastructure including scheduling, overall installation management, customer acceptance of products and services, and problem resolution.
* Provide cable-plant management support for USCIS from beginning to end and ensure all documentation has been completed in accordance with the USCIS agreed to project plan.
* Provide project management for multiple cabling projects, including scheduling and coordinating installations for projects within the National Capital Region (NCR).
* Coordinate cabling work and meet with USCIS Office of Facilities (FAC), Office of Information Technology (OIT), USCIS supporting staff and contractors, and engineers throughout projects.
* Attend project kickoff meetings and conduct status meetings.
* Perform site surveys and QA inspections.
* Develop site designs and submit bills of materials (BOMs).
* Install and terminate cabling and patch drops.
* Monitor and resolve Remedy tickets for requests of move, add and changes of cable drops at USCIS facilities. Develop and submit as-built drawings using Visio.
* Work with the USCIS Task Manager to improve and update the USCIS Infrastructure Cable Plant Standard.
* Adhere to the USCIS Infrastructure Cable-Plant Standard.
* Coordinate standardized implementation of wiring and cabling project and oversee requirements documentation in support of Wide Area Network (WAN) voice and data connectivity.
* Review technical designs, provide in-depth analysis to resolve problems, and issues.
* Reports on trouble resolutions.
* Provide oversight on the ordering and placement of equipment, lines and cable for new Offices, office expansions, relocations, system enhancements/additions, etc.
* Perform project management coordination and communication to include cabling vendors, contractors, local exchange carriers, and designated government personnel.
* Perform reviews of wiring plans developed by vendors and oversees development of layout drawings
* Provide technical assistance and evaluation of circuit orders and review of wiring designs to ensure compliance with USCIS standards.
* Provide on-site support in the National Capital region to support multiple USCIS locations.
* Provide additional cable-plant support for other USCIS locations on an "as needed" basis.
* This support is national in scope and estimated to be up to 3,500 drops annually.
* Perform additions or moves within existing facilities, and installations at new facilities. The Government shall provide a Work Request for a specific cable requirement.
* Provide a project plan with Bill of Materials (BOM) for each project. Upon review, the Government shall approve the plan and the associated costs after which the Work Request shall be executed.
* Oversee/review wiring plans and layout drawings.
* Assist in requirements documentation.
* Assist with identification, ordering, and placement of equipment, lines and cable for new offices, office expansions, relocations, system enhancement additions, etc.
* Assist staff through the necessary approvals and placement of orders.
* Update/provide input to database(s) of work requirements, work performed, lines provided, billing rates, and other related information.
* Develop and maintain implementation plans with schedules that track progress on implementation efforts.
* Review of work progress and quality of work performed by the implementation vendors and/or service delivery organizations.
* Coordinate activities with vendors, contractor personnel, USCIS organizations and when appropriate other Government agencies.
* Provide superior customer service; possess strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills in a dynamic environment.
* Master's degree or higher, and/or >15 years of experience.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.
POST JOBS FOR FREE