Cable Tester Job Description Sample
Cable Assembly Tester
Role and Responsibilities:
Test cable assemblies per drawings/specifications and provide test reports as required.
Evaluate the condition of test tools and equipment and report non-conformances to the supervisor
Track test activity in support of production schedules
Timely testing and processing of jobs through the department
- Assure accuracy and quality of all products tested Requirements Preferred
Must be able to read and understand cable assembly drawings and specifications.
Must be able to use Digital Multimeter.
Must have a basic knowledge of quality and test standards.
Must have basic math skills.
- Good communication skills Qualifications and
• One or more years as a cable assembly tester. •. High School or Equivalent Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Benefits Medical Dental Vision Life Insurance AD&D 401k with match and More!
Cable Assembly Tester
Role and Responsibilities:
- Test cable assemblies per drawings/specifications and provide test reports as required.
- Evaluate the condition of test tools and equipment and report non-conformances to the supervisor
- Track test activity in support of production schedules
- Timely testing and processing of jobs through the department
- Assure accuracy and quality of all products tested
- Must be able to read and understand cable assembly drawings and specifications.
- Must be able to use Digital Multimeter.
- Must have a basic knowledge of quality and test standards.
- Must have basic math skills.
- Good communication skills
• One or more years as a cable assembly tester.
•. High School or
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
• Life Insurance
• 401k with match
• and More!
Web API Tester - Broadcast And Cable Media
Our Cable Television Client is seeking a Web API Tester for a potential long term contract engagement.
The Test Engineer will be involved in web services integration testing for our client's broadcast media operations workflow management system.
Required Skills . Strong backend testing experience with WebAPIData Integration server . Broadcast Media experience is required . Experience testing IBM WebSphere EBS is a big plus . Experience with Workflow Management system used for broadcast media operations is desired . Experience testing REST, SOAP andor JSON API . Hands on with SQL queries to query database for testing . Must have excellent interpersonal and communications skills Bridgette Marks Direct Northeast (NY) Nationwide
Quality Assurance Tester Rest
Follow the agreed practices as defined in the quality management system. 2. Work within the scope of your responsibilities. 3. Check your work to verify its accuracy in meeting the objectives. 4.
Know how you contribute to the achievement of the objectives. 5. Layout, wire and install master control panels, install conduit, wireway and junction boxes on machinery. Able to read and work from electrical schematics. 6.
Trouble shoot job as it is being built on a daily basis. 7. Expedite all parts necessary to build project, to be sure there will be no down time on the job which could delay or put the machine behind schedule. 8. Aid and assist engineering in the diagramming of the machine. 9.
Operate all equipment necessary to perform this job, i.e. pipe threader, pipe bender, welder, various hand tools, and meters, bandsaw, volt tester amp tester, dc drive, ac drive, levels, wire strippers, hydraulic punch. 10. Other functions as directed. Supervisory
May assist in training of temporary/new employees. Qualifications/
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma , and/or Equivalent. Minimum of 3 to 5 years of industrial electrical factory experience Language
Communicate verbally and/or in writing with other employees, other departments and supervision as to work in progress , problems and/or completion.
Mathematical Skills: Be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide basic numbers. Reasoning Ability:
Be able to identify work process problems and possible solutions. Certificates/Licenses/Registrations: None Physical Demands:
Stand for prolonged periods of time on concrete floor. Will be required to kneel, squat, stoop, recline, climb, crawl, and/or bend on an as needed basis. Must be able to adjust visual focus.
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted, over 50 lbs with assistance of a lifting device. Work Environment: Traditional shop atmosphere.
Subject to temperature variance based on season. Loud noise level. May be exposed to various fumes or smells based on job.
Working around high voltage machinery. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Required to wear and/or use safety equipment/ devices based on position.
Must be able to work O.T. on an extended basis up to 50-60 /wk total. 2nd. shift and/or 3rd. assignments may be required. Must not be color blind. If interested in this role, please contact Chet Wehrman at email@example.com or 513-621-6890. Technology doesn't change the world.
People do. As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies.
Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call. We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job.
And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched. Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888.674.2094 to learn more about this position. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
Req ID: 03320-0010185815 Functional Role: Cabling
Postal Code:* 45202 Compensation: DOE
Cable Texhnicians / Cable Pullers - Need 30 To Start Asap!
FREE JOBS! – CABLE TECHS / CABLE PULLERS
SEVERAL OPENINGS (NEED 30+) This job updated as of October 1, 2017 - Still need several hard workers
Let dmDickason Staffing place you in this job - no fee or obligation to you, ever! Call Charlie or Elma at 532-9400 now!
CAT 5, CAT 6, RJ 4 S, RJ 11, Fiber Optic experience the key.
Technical training in school qualifies – Do not have to have actual hands-on wiring pulling experience;
Ability to terminate Cat 5 and Cat 6 cables.
Will be working in Schools so must be able to pass a drug screen & background / FBI fingerprint check;
If you have your own basic hand tools, that's great!.
Why would you want to work for this Company?
First come - first out working!
Earn up to $16.00 per hour based on your experience and knowledge;
Very stable Company. Job can turn into long-term career opportunity;
A chance to do a little traveling at Company expense – Company will pay for travel, hotel and all meals!
Steady, stable, long-term work. All positions are first shift.
Never a fee or obligation to you.
Westside office- 4900 North Mesa- 532-9400
Eastside office- 590-8800
Cable Plant - Cable Installer
Cable Plant - Cable Installer IT/Cyber Security/Network Systems Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
DescriptionPosition at ActioNet ActioNet is actively recruiting for IT and cybersecurity positions to support the Navy at the Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard (PHNSY). This position is contingent on contract award. The estimated start date is Mar2018.
Job Description: Expand or modify network infrastructure to serve new purposes or improve workflow. This includes all layer 1 cable plant infrastructure such as inside plant (ISP), outside plant (OSP), Category 5/6 copper cables, fiber optics cables, and use of cable test equipment (e.g. copper trace toners, butt sets, OTDR, etc.) IAW EIA/TIA, IEEE, and BICSI standards.
Job Requirements: Years Experience: Journeyman Certifications:
GSEC or Security + (CE) or SSCP or ENSA Education: Associate Degree from accredited University or CNSSI 4115/4016 Certificate or Military training: NEC-2379 or 2301 or 2375 or 2363, CYBR2400, NETW4001, SSC 6212 DoD Secret clearance ActioNet is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age (40 or over), or genetic information.
ActioNet’s commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment. The ActioNet Career Center is accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of this portal or you need assistance completing the application process, please contact Jonathan Dobles, Technical Recruiter, at 703-204-0090 ext 195 or JDobles@ActioNet.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Job Description: Installs, troubleshoots, repairs, maintains and services Voice/Data/Video telecommunications cabling systems and related equipment.
Relies on advanced knowledge of telecommunications and networking to plan, develop, accomplish, and evaluate tasks. Performs a variety of complicated tasks and may lead and/or direct others. Strong knowledge of the telecommunications industry concepts and practices is required.
Reports to a Project Foreman or Project Manager. Job will contain primarily night work, retail enviroment experience is a plus. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
BICSI Copper/Fiber Certifications
Internet protocol knowledge
Experience port forwarding
Scissor lift certification ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Installs, terminates, splices, and tests telecommunications cables (Category 5, 5e, 6, 6a, Coax, and Fiber Optics) indoors or outdoors in new construction and/or pre-existing facilities.
Installs all components of a Voice/Data structured cabling system (racks, trays, patch panels, switches, UPS, wire managers, servers, etc.) Conducts job walks and provide actionable reports. Researches hardware and software related to telecommunications for the purpose of providing recommendations and solutions to customers. Provides accurate, clear, and concise documentation with all cabling test results.
Uses industry specific tools in accordance with safety guidelines, including but not limited to: screwdrivers, pliers, crimps, strip tool, punch down tool, drill, hammer, ladder, toners and testers. Works in narrow spaces such as crawl spaces or attics. Drives a vehicle in performance of duties in a safe and responsible manner.
Adheres to safety policies and procedures at all times. Travel long distances with occasional out of state and overnight stays. Works a variety of shifts including evenings, weekends, graveyard.
Maintains excellent relationships will all customers and vendors at all times Ability to work from heights greater then 6ft, using fall protection and PPE Requirements Must be able to install and terminate telecommunications cables (Category 5, 5e, 6, 6a, Coax) indoors or outdoors in new construction and/or pre-existing facilities. Requires occasional lifting up to 75 pounds and working on ladders. Must be willing to work rotating shift schedule.
Must provide own tools as described below. Must possess valid CA driver's license at time of hire. Position requires clean driving record, pre-employment drug testing, and successful background check. TOOL LIST Installer
Punch tool & pouch, cable snips, cable stripper, tool bag or box, drywall or keyhole saw, measuring tape (25' min), 12" torpedo level, screwdrivers (assorted), split joint pliers, channel locks, needle nose, crescent wrench, hammer, and flashlight. Technician
All installer tools plus: tone generator, 18v cordless drill set with 2 batteries, standard drill bits, paddle bits (wood), fish tape (100' steel), open end wrench set (up to 3/4"), ratchet set (up to 3/4"), hardware kit (nuts, bolts, screws etc.), nut driver set (up to 1/2"), hack saw, and 4 pair tester (continuity tester). Lead Technician
All the installer and tech tools plus: labeler, cable cutters (red heavy duty), RJ45 crimp tool, RJ11 crimp tool, Allen wrench set, fiber glass rod set, hole saw kit (up to 2-1/2"), mod-tap 4pr tester, butt set, coax BNC ratchet tool, and coax stripper. Benefits
Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid holidays, and paid vacation.
Relocation expenses are not authorized. ABOUT US Tel Tech Networks Inc. is a full-service commercial low voltage cabling contractor serving clients' needs nationwide and is based in Phoenix, AZ.
The company’s priority is to provide its customers with individualized end-to-end solutions rather than focusing on the bottom line for shareholders. Tel Tech's numerous areas of specialty include, but are not limited to: Enterprise Network, Outside Plant, Telephony, Wireless, Video and Security.
DISCLAIMER The above job posting and description has been designed to provide applicants with a basic overview of the nature of the work to be performed. The information provided in this posting is not all-inclusive and the position may require tasks to be performed beyond what has been listed in the duties and requirements sections. Expectations for employees assigned to this position may be subject to change to meet customer expectations and jobsite conditions.
Low Voltage Cable Technician (Long Island & Tri-State)
Long Island based CWA Union Contractor:
Low Voltage communications cabling contracting company looking for technicians with a background in the VOICE, DATA, SECURITY, A/V, CCTV, FIBER OPTIC and BMS industries.
Minimum of 1 year experience with installing, terminating and testing both COPPER and FIBER OPTIC cable medias.
- Installation and terminations of various types of low voltage cable systems such as VOICE/ DATA, A/V, SECURITY, CCTV and BMS.
- Building of communication rooms/closets with equipment racks and cable management systems.
- Perform moves, adds and changes (MAC) on existing communication cable plants from single floor to campus environments. Should be able to read floor plans/ drawings and interface with clients.
- Must possess technician basic hand tools including punch down, Mod Tap tester ETC.
Candidate(s) should posses the following:
- Ability to work and communicate clearly with co workers, clients and other trades.
- Willingness to work overtime
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Maintain organized paper work including Work Orders, Time Sheets, Cable Test Results etc.
- Must have a clean/neat appearance.
- Candidates will have Federal Sponsored background checks required.
- Benefits package including medical, vacation/ holiday pay and union pension.
- Advancement opportunities.
- Communications Workers of America - CWA union affiliation/membership.
* Communication Cable Plant Planning, Design and Implementation.
* Staffing, Outsourcing Placement, On-Site Support Services.
* Voice, Data, Audio/Video, Security, Paging, Fiber and BMS HVAC Control Wiring
* Local and National Project Management Support
* Moves, Adds and Changes (MAC) Services
* Independent Cable Plant Testing and Certification.
Cable Installer - Testing Supervisor (Rcdd)
We are seeking a Testing Cable Installer Supervisor to become an integral part of our team!
Preparation of Shop Drawings, Cabling Administration Drawings, and field testing program development by an RCDD.
- Installation Supervision: Installation shall be under the direct supervision of Level 2 Installer.
- Shall be present at all times when work is performed at project site.
- Provide training and support to personnel
- Investigate customer issues and design appropriate solutions
- Assist with order and inventory stock supplies
- Certified by BICIS as an RCDD to supervise on-site testing
- 3 years of experience in telecommunications, electrical engineering, or other related fields
- Must have experience in commercial structured cabling and have the knowledge of labeling, pulling and dressing category 3, category 5e, category 6 and fiber optic cable.
- Must have experience working on 6 and 8 foot ladders with scissor lift experience a plus.
- Must have the ability to terminate work station outlets and familiarity with voice and data jacks such as Leviton, Ortronics, Panduit and Systimax is necessary.
- Must have experience with installing j-hooks, ladder racks and cable tray.
- An ability to read blue prints and work independently when needed is required along with experience using a 4 pair tester and Fluke. Fiber termination and patch panel experience is a plus.
- Must have experience working in MDF I IDF environments. 25 pair termination of 110 and 66 blocks is preferred.
- Working knowledge of the BICSI Industry Standards, and proven experience of running a crew of 3 or more. Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Soft-Con does not sponsor Visa candidates at this time. To be considered for this position, you must have the legal right to work in the US without sponsorship.
Cable TV Installer / Cable TV Technician
Experienced in installing cable tv and internet to and in homes and apartments.
- Knowledge of safety and technical procedures required
- Must have valid driver license.
- Truck and specialty tools provided.
- Knowledge of servicing cable and internet problems desirable.
- Any added experience helpful
Please send your resume TODAY for immediate consideration
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!