Cable Tester Job Description Sample
Cable Assembly Tester
- Test cable assemblies per drawings/specifications and provide test reports as required.
- Evaluate the condition of test tools and equipment and report non-conformances to the supervisor
- Track test activity in support of production schedules
- Timely testing and processing of jobs through the department
- Assure accuracy and quality of all products tested
- Must be able to read and understand cable assembly drawings and specifications.
- Must be able to use Digital Multimeter.
- Must have a basic knowledge of quality and test standards.
- Must have basic math skills.
- Good communication skills
• One or more years as a cable assembly tester.
•. High School or
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
• Life Insurance
• 401k with match
• and More!
Cable Assembly Tester
Role and Responsibilities:
Test cable assemblies per drawings/specifications and provide test reports as required.
Evaluate the condition of test tools and equipment and report non-conformances to the supervisor
Track test activity in support of production schedules
Timely testing and processing of jobs through the department
Assure accuracy and quality of all products tested Requirements Preferred
Must be able to read and understand cable assembly drawings and specifications.
Must be able to use Digital Multimeter.
Must have a basic knowledge of quality and test standards.
Must have basic math skills.
Good communication skills Qualifications and
• One or more years as a cable assembly tester. •. High School or Equivalent Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Benefits Medical Dental Vision Life Insurance AD&D 401k with match and More!
Looking for a career in your field of work? Robert Half Technology has partnered with a client in the Blue Ash, OH area that is looking for Electricians. If you are interested in the opportunity below, please contact Brian Campbell at 513-621-6890 or Brian.Campbell@rht.com. Essential Duties and
Follow the agreed practices as defined in the quality management system.
Work within the scope of your responsibilities.
Check your work to verify its accuracy in meeting the objectives.
Know how you contribute to the achievement of the objectives.
Layout, wire and install master control panels, install conduit, wireway and junction boxes on machinery. Able to read and work from electrical schematics.
Trouble shoot job as it is being built on a daily basis.
Expedite all parts necessary to build project, to be sure there will be no down time on the job which could delay or put the machine behind schedule.
Aid and assist engineering in the diagramming of the machine.
Operate all equipment necessary to perform this job, i.e. pipe threader, pipe bender, welder, various hand tools, and meters, bandsaw, volt tester amp tester, dc drive, ac drive, levels, wire strippers, hydraulic punch.
Other functions as directed.
Communicate verbally and/or in writing with other employees, other departments and supervision as to work in progress, problems and/or completion. Physical Demands:
Stand for prolonged periods of time on concrete floor. Will be required to kneel, squat, stoop, recline, climb, crawl, and/or bend on an as needed basis. Must be able to adjust visual focus. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted, over 50 lbs with assistance of a lifting device. Work Environment:
Traditional shop atmosphere. Subject to temperature variance based on season. Loud noise level. May be exposed to various fumes or smells based on job. Working around high voltage machinery. * ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Required to wear and/or use safety equipment/ devices based on position. Must be able to work O.T. on an extended basis up to 50-60 /wk total. 2nd. shift and/or 3rd. assignments may be required. Must not be color blind If you are interested in the opportunity above please contact Brian Campbell at 513-621-6890 or at Brian.Campbell@rht.com. Technology doesn't change the world. People do. As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Req ID: 03320-0010185848 Functional Role: Cabling
Postal Code:* 45246 Compensation: DOE
Cable Texhnicians / Cable Pullers - Need 30 To Start Asap!
FREE JOBS! – CABLE TECHS / CABLE PULLERS
SEVERAL OPENINGS (NEED 30+) This job updated as of October 1, 2017 - Still need several hard workers
Let dmDickason Staffing place you in this job - no fee or obligation to you, ever! Call Charlie or Elma at 532-9400 now!
CAT 5, CAT 6, RJ 4 S, RJ 11, Fiber Optic experience the key.
Technical training in school qualifies – Do not have to have actual hands-on wiring pulling experience;
Ability to terminate Cat 5 and Cat 6 cables.
Will be working in Schools so must be able to pass a drug screen & background / FBI fingerprint check;
If you have your own basic hand tools, that's great!.
Why would you want to work for this Company?
First come - first out working!
Earn up to $16.00 per hour based on your experience and knowledge;
Very stable Company. Job can turn into long-term career opportunity;
A chance to do a little traveling at Company expense – Company will pay for travel, hotel and all meals!
Steady, stable, long-term work. All positions are first shift.
Never a fee or obligation to you.
Westside office- 4900 North Mesa- 532-9400
Eastside office- 590-8800
Lead Cable Technician
LEAD CABLE TECHNICIAN - San Francisco, CA
Pay: $23-$25/hour, DOE
W-2 employment, temp to perm potential for the right candidate
We are looking for a Lead Cable Technician who can lead large cabling jobs with a crew of techs to be managed. We are looking for professional candidates who can meet and communicate with the customers, contractors and project managers.
• This position will need to know the following:
• Read a floor plan/ blue print
• Mark up a floor plan prior to the cabling job. Locations, pathways, cable numbers, MDF's, IDF's and more
• Locate cable pathways.
• Install cable support systems in the ceiling.
• Rough in Cat5e, Cat 6, Cat6A and fiber.
• Fish walls
• Route cables through furniture.
• Dress cables.
• Terminate Cat5e, Cat6, Cat6A jacks and patch panels.
• Terminate fiber with ST, SC and LC connectors
• Test cables with a DTX1800 cable tester or comparable test equipment for cable certification.
• Build out a Network Equipment room. MDF
• Install data racks and cabinets
• Install ladder rack and supporting hardware
• Provide as built drawings.
• Complete all paperwork and close out packages.
• Rack and stack network equipment
• Perform cross connects and patching
--Must have a valid Driver's License and be able to pass a pre-employment background check/drug-screen--
AllStates has the experience to offer customized business solutions through contract and, contract-to-hire recruiting and staffing, direct placement, vendor management and payrolling services. All of these services and solutions can be tailored to meet our client's needs and delivered through a single point-of-contact.
As our motto states—The Power of Having the Right People—our people make the difference. AllStates understands that a company's people are a critical ingredient in achieving desired results and in meeting the expectations of investors and executive management. We take the time to understand the needs of our clients and our candidates and consistently provide the best talent in the industry.
Currently looking for Cable Technicians with commercial experience in San Antonio and surrounding areas. The ideal candidate will have at least 6 plus months of work experience in commercial network cabling, must have experience with installing j-hooks, ladder racks and cable tray and possess the ability to terminate workstation outlets. This not a position for a residential/service provider or installer.
Responsibilities of Cable Technicians
- Label, pull and terminate cable
- Load and install workstations, laptops and peripherals
- Install data equipment including data racks, patch panels, cable trays, etc.
- Test all installed cable using appropriate testing equipment
- Document all information on all cable and equipment
- Installation of voice lines to various types of phone equipment
- Maintain a professional appearance and represent employer in a manner that reflects positively on the image and reputation of the company for which he works.
Requirements of Cable Technicians
- At least 6 months of work experience in commercial structured cabling and have the have knowledge of labeling, pulling and dressing category 3, category 5e, category 6 and fiber optic
- They must have experience with installing j-hooks, ladder racks and cable tray.
- The ability to terminate workstation outlets and familiarity with voice and data jacks such as Leviton, Ortronics, Panduit and Systimax is necessary.
- Must have experience working in MDF / IDF environments.
- 25 pair termination of 110 and 66 blocks is preferred.
- An ability to read blueprints and work independently when needed is required along with experience using a 4 pair tester and Fluke.
- Fiber termination and patch panel experience is a plus.
- Basic understanding of the BICSI Industry Standards, and proven experience of running a crew of 3 or more.
- Must have basic hand tools, including: punch down tool, snips, drill, sheet rock saw, screwdrivers, sharpie, level, toner, etc.
- Must have personal protective equipment, including: hard hat, boots, safety glasses, and safety vest.
- Must have reliable transportation to drive to different job site locations.
- Must be able to pass a background check to work in live office and commercial environments.
Pay will be based on experience. Pay will range from $13.00 - $20.00/hr.
If you are interested, please apply and submit resume for immediate consideration. If you prefer to speak with a recruiter, then please call us at 817-417-9800.
Tekk Force will pay you for referrals as well. If you know ANY qualified data technicians looking for work - please have them call us! Please ask us for more information regarding our referral program.
We are an established cable contractor in Memphis, TN looking for Level II/Level III Structured Cable Installers.
Level II Installer - These Cable Technicians must have a minimum of 24 months work experience in commercial structured cabling and have the knowledge of installing CAT5/5e, CAT6/6A structured cabling and fiber optic cable, paging, security, access control and CCTV/CATV cables. Level II Structured Cabling Installers will have experience working on 6 and 8 foot ladders with scissor lift experience a plus. They must have experience with installing j-hooks, ladder racks and cable tray. The ability to terminate workstation outlets and familiarity with voice and data jacks such as Panduit and CommScope is necessary.
Experience in installing, troubleshooting and repairing voice and data cabling.
Candidates must pass a background check and drug screen.
Possess a reliable vehicle and have a valid driver's license and right to work in USA.
Submit professional references to verify work history.
Own your own basic tools. (Screwdrivers, Punch Tool, Electrician's Scissors, Integrated Tone/Probe wire-map/continuity tester etc.)
Pay will be based upon experience.
Fax or mail resume and salary history to:
Fax: (901) 366-1265
4133 Senator St.
Memphis, TN 38118
Cable TV Installer / Cable TV Technician
Experienced in installing cable tv and internet to and in homes and apartments.
- Knowledge of safety and technical procedures required
- Must have valid driver license.
- Truck and specialty tools provided.
- Knowledge of servicing cable and internet problems desirable.
- Any added experience helpful
Please send your resume TODAY for immediate consideration
Cable Installer - Testing Supervisor (Rcdd)
We are seeking a Testing Cable Installer Supervisor to become an integral part of our team!
Preparation of Shop Drawings, Cabling Administration Drawings, and field testing program development by an RCDD.
- Installation Supervision: Installation shall be under the direct supervision of Level 2 Installer.
- Shall be present at all times when work is performed at project site.
- Provide training and support to personnel
- Investigate customer issues and design appropriate solutions
- Assist with order and inventory stock supplies
- Certified by BICIS as an RCDD to supervise on-site testing
- 3 years of experience in telecommunications, electrical engineering, or other related fields
- Must have experience in commercial structured cabling and have the knowledge of labeling, pulling and dressing category 3, category 5e, category 6 and fiber optic cable.
- Must have experience working on 6 and 8 foot ladders with scissor lift experience a plus.
- Must have the ability to terminate work station outlets and familiarity with voice and data jacks such as Leviton, Ortronics, Panduit and Systimax is necessary.
- Must have experience with installing j-hooks, ladder racks and cable tray.
- An ability to read blue prints and work independently when needed is required along with experience using a 4 pair tester and Fluke. Fiber termination and patch panel experience is a plus.
- Must have experience working in MDF I IDF environments. 25 pair termination of 110 and 66 blocks is preferred.
- Working knowledge of the BICSI Industry Standards, and proven experience of running a crew of 3 or more. Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Soft-Con does not sponsor Visa candidates at this time. To be considered for this position, you must have the legal right to work in the US without sponsorship.
Job Description: Installs, troubleshoots, repairs, maintains and services Voice/Data/Video telecommunications cabling systems and related equipment.
Relies on advanced knowledge of telecommunications and networking to plan, develop, accomplish, and evaluate tasks. Performs a variety of complicated tasks and may lead and/or direct others. Strong knowledge of the telecommunications industry concepts and practices is required.
Reports to a Project Foreman or Project Manager. Job will contain primarily night work, retail enviroment experience is a plus. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
BICSI Copper/Fiber Certifications
Internet protocol knowledge
Experience port forwarding
Scissor lift certification ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Installs, terminates, splices, and tests telecommunications cables (Category 5, 5e, 6, 6a, Coax, and Fiber Optics) indoors or outdoors in new construction and/or pre-existing facilities.
Installs all components of a Voice/Data structured cabling system (racks, trays, patch panels, switches, UPS, wire managers, servers, etc.) Conducts job walks and provide actionable reports. Researches hardware and software related to telecommunications for the purpose of providing recommendations and solutions to customers. Provides accurate, clear, and concise documentation with all cabling test results.
Uses industry specific tools in accordance with safety guidelines, including but not limited to: screwdrivers, pliers, crimps, strip tool, punch down tool, drill, hammer, ladder, toners and testers. Works in narrow spaces such as crawl spaces or attics. Drives a vehicle in performance of duties in a safe and responsible manner.
Adheres to safety policies and procedures at all times. Travel long distances with occasional out of state and overnight stays. Works a variety of shifts including evenings, weekends, graveyard.
Maintains excellent relationships will all customers and vendors at all times Ability to work from heights greater then 6ft, using fall protection and PPE Requirements Must be able to install and terminate telecommunications cables (Category 5, 5e, 6, 6a, Coax) indoors or outdoors in new construction and/or pre-existing facilities. Requires occasional lifting up to 75 pounds and working on ladders. Must be willing to work rotating shift schedule.
Must provide own tools as described below. Must possess valid CA driver's license at time of hire. Position requires clean driving record, pre-employment drug testing, and successful background check. TOOL LIST Installer
Punch tool & pouch, cable snips, cable stripper, tool bag or box, drywall or keyhole saw, measuring tape (25' min), 12" torpedo level, screwdrivers (assorted), split joint pliers, channel locks, needle nose, crescent wrench, hammer, and flashlight. Technician
All installer tools plus: tone generator, 18v cordless drill set with 2 batteries, standard drill bits, paddle bits (wood), fish tape (100' steel), open end wrench set (up to 3/4"), ratchet set (up to 3/4"), hardware kit (nuts, bolts, screws etc.), nut driver set (up to 1/2"), hack saw, and 4 pair tester (continuity tester). Lead Technician
All the installer and tech tools plus: labeler, cable cutters (red heavy duty), RJ45 crimp tool, RJ11 crimp tool, Allen wrench set, fiber glass rod set, hole saw kit (up to 2-1/2"), mod-tap 4pr tester, butt set, coax BNC ratchet tool, and coax stripper. Benefits
Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid holidays, and paid vacation.
Relocation expenses are not authorized. ABOUT US Tel Tech Networks Inc. is a full-service commercial low voltage cabling contractor serving clients' needs nationwide and is based in Phoenix, AZ.
The company’s priority is to provide its customers with individualized end-to-end solutions rather than focusing on the bottom line for shareholders. Tel Tech's numerous areas of specialty include, but are not limited to: Enterprise Network, Outside Plant, Telephony, Wireless, Video and Security.
DISCLAIMER The above job posting and description has been designed to provide applicants with a basic overview of the nature of the work to be performed. The information provided in this posting is not all-inclusive and the position may require tasks to be performed beyond what has been listed in the duties and requirements sections. Expectations for employees assigned to this position may be subject to change to meet customer expectations and jobsite conditions.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!