Cafe Manager Job Description Sample
NexDine is growing - FAST!
That being said, we're looking for an experienced and friendly Corporate Dining Chef Manager to join our team in Waltham, Massachusetts!
Chef Manager Schedule:
Monday through Friday - no nights or weekends!
Competitive pay and benefits!
(employment is contingent upon passing a background and drug test)
The Chef Manager position is responsible for overseeing all culinary and operations functions for our corporate dining account. As a Chef Manager, you will manage and lead a small team of associates and oversee all safety and sanitation as it pertains to the account. Additionally, as the Chef Manager of the account you will be responsible for the following responsibilities.
- Oversee all customer services issues.
- Manage all financials including budget development, forecasting, and financial reporting.
- Manage cost controls and control expenditures for the account.
- Plan and create all menus.
- Purchasing and managing inventory.
- Roll out new culinary programs in conjunction with NexDine's culinary team.
- Act as the direct liaison with the client.
At NexDine, we understand that our people make us a leader in dining services. We pride ourselves in cultivating a company culture that guides, instructs, and empowers every NexDine team member to achieve their best.
We hire and keep great people'with a retention rate that far exceeds the industry standard'because we respect the value of every member on our team. We cultivate their desire to grow. And we don't mandate a customer service mentality, but empower our people to make the choices that ensure every NexDine customer is satisfied with our dining service.
NexDine's commitment to our team members:
We're an exciting dining services company for people seeking career challenge and growth, and who want to join a team that has an exceptional retention rate. We specialize in Corporate Dining, School & College Dining and Senior Dining. Our employees represent a wide range of individuals--from part-time student workers to full-time food service professionals. With locations across the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic, NexDine has locations to keep you close to home.
We are looking for a detail oriented people person who has a passion for great food and great customer service who can foster teamwork and fun in a fast paced environment. Our café is inside our timber frame barn at Scottsdale Farms Nursery. Pay is $12 to $14 per hour and commensurate with experience. Benefits are available once eligible. There is potential for bonuses.
Restaurant Cafe Manager
Restaurant Café Manager
New opening, no late nights.
If you are an experienced restaurant manager 1-5 years’ experience in the full service, buffet or fast casual segment and looking to launch your career with an outstanding company then read on.
We are expanding throughout the area and operate chef driven, organic high quality plates with strong lunch business.
We are looking for energetic managers, passionate about guest service, top quality food and an outstanding experience for everyone.
We offer a 5 day work week, no late nights, excellent benefit package and unlimited career potential.
To learn more about this opportunity please send your resume by return e mail
$48,000 - $65,000 salary.
Presented by Tom Bull with Gecko Hospitality
The Cafe Manager will be responsible to manage all aspects of the food and beverage outlets (i.e. Restaurant, Room Service, Banquets, etc.) on a daily basis and coordinate special events. Ensure compliance with standards of service and operating procedures. Supervises a number of service employees such as wait staff, buspersons, cashier/greeters, in one or more food and/or beverage outlet(s). Café Manager will be responsible for the overall leadership of personnel, customer service, administrative, operational and other responsibilities as assigned or required. Ensure all staff is properly trained and certified if applicable and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions. Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Establish and implement appropriate service recovery guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction. Monitor performance of the café and lobby lounge through analysis of guest feedback and financial results. Initiate corrective action as needed. Maintain procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of food & beverage inventory, and equipment, (2) ensure the security of monies, credit and financial transactions, (3) replenish supplies, inventory, uniforms, etc. in a timely and efficient manner, and (4) to minimize waste and control costs. Participate in taking inventories. Ensure that all food & beverage equipment (coffee and soda machines, registers, etc.) is in proper operational condition and is cleaned on a regular basis. Ensure that all food & beverage facilities are cleaned, vacuumed, and properly stocked according to anticipated business volumes. Work closely with General Manager to identify pertinent concepts and menu design for the outlet(s). Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Develop a working knowledge of each outlet position to assist in overall operations efficiency (i.e. Micros, cash handling, side duties, etc.) The Cafe Manager will report directly to the General Manager.
- Supervisory experience in a full service hotel in a restaurant and/or banquet operation and/or a minimum of one year in a restaurant and/or banquet management role and/or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- Must possess strength and desire to provide exceptional customer service & the ability to improve the bottom line, while leading a management & service team of colleagues to a common goal for the guest, colleague, owner & brand awareness.
- Experience in maintaining expenses.
- Energetic, positive attitude and excellent Employee Relations skill set.
- Excellent eye for detail and organizational skills are crucial.
- The ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure and work independently.
- Strong foundation in employee relations, problem solving and training.
- The ability to deal with internal & external guests with a high level of professionalism, tact and diplomacy.
- Must have strong conflict resolution skills.
- Must be guest service focused and understand expectations of hospitality and restaurant/banquet demands.
STATUS: Full-time, Manager, At-Will, Hourly or Salaried REPORTS TO: Store Manager
JOB SUMMARY: To ensure the highest level of service possible to internal and external customers. To ensure an organized and smoothly run café’ department including ordering, pricing, and inventory control. To manage, motivate, and provide café’ staff with the tools required to be successful in their jobs. To meet department objectives for sales, margin, and labor goals.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Fast paced retail floor and kitchen. Work near moving mechanical parts (i.e. coffee/juice machines, ovens, etc.) and in cold/hot climate conditions (i.e. cooler or near stove). Ability to work in moderate and loud noise environments including, but not limited to: computers, paging, telephones, human voices, and machinery. Position requires working during busy retail times, which include weekends, afternoons, and evenings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Customer Service
2. Café’ Manager Responsibilities
Ordering and Pricing
Sanitation and Security
Budgeting and Planning
3. All Staff Duties
Background in culinary arts, food service and/or restaurant management
Previous management experience - hiring, training, and evaluating
Experience in planning, developing, and implementing systems, procedures and policies
Ability to handle multiple demands, work under time pressures, and meet deadlines
Demonstrate objectivity, neutrality and calmness under pressure
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Ability to read and comprehend instructions
Demonstrated ability to follow through on commitments
Standing, walking, bending, sitting, reaching
Specific vision ability: close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and adjust focus
Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
Ability to taste and smell
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE:
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors, requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that the employee may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations or a work environment change.
Assistant Cafe Manager
Ada's Cafe and Catering – Based in Palo Alto -- and in the fall opening a Café in San Francisco -- is a non-profit corporation dedicated to hiring, training and empowering people with disabilities in our commercial food service business. Ada's also employs able-bodied people to participate in Cafe operations- as job buddies- alongside our cafe associates. Ada's mission is also to serve great food!
As an employee of Ada’s, in addition to a friendly and polite demeanor, first and foremost you must have the interest, willingness and patience to work with people with various disabilities.
Café Manager – 40-50 hours a week.
Skills required: People Management, Planning, Fostering Teamwork, Giving Feedback, Customer Service, Self-Motivated, Multi-tasking, Resolving Conflict, Verbal Communication Restaurant Manager
· * Pleases customers by helping provide a pleasant dining experience.
- Accomplishes human resource objectives by helping select, orienting, assigning, scheduling, coaching, and disciplining employees.
- Controls costs by reviewing portion control and quantities of preparation; minimizing waste; ensuring high quality of preparation.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
The social mission of Ada's is two-fold: (i) to hire and train all of its employees, including its adults with disabilities, to work in its food-service businesses and (ii) to engage teens and young adults through work and involvement with Ada's disabled employees. The community benefits of empowering and employing adults with developmental disabilities - a population that is most one of the most marginalized in our society and within which unemployment is estimated at nearly 80% are clear, innumerable and easy to document with social science statistics. The self-esteem benefits that come from having a job, the satisfaction that comes from making a contribution and by reducing the burden on an already overwhelmed and under-funded social welfare system are just a few of the many community benefits provided by Ada's. In addition, Ada's believes that youth engaged in meaningful work will feel more connected to and invested in their communities. In all of its ventures, Ada's Cafe brings diverse groups of people together in a warm and welcoming environment with a mission of creating good food and community.
The Cafe Manager is responsible for leading all team members in the efficient and profitable operation Kraftsmen Cafe. He/she is responsible for managing the day-to-day store operations, maintaining high store standards and conditions, and fostering a positive environment, which provides consistent fast, efficient, and friendly service ensuring a quality experience for both our customers and team members. The store manager creates the tone and personality of the store by being an advocate of training, customer service, product knowledge and education, encouraging safe work practices, and a demonstrated commitment to excellence.
· Works with upper management to develop and execute sales and profit plans that are in-line with budgetary goals.
· Ensures and is accountable for profitability of the store by growing sales and controlling costs of goods, inventory levels, labor, supplies and expenses.
· Ensures proper team member coverage, scheduling according to the needs of business while maintaining target labor costs.
· Oversees all cash and media management functions. Able to perform all POS duties, front and back of house functions including opening and closing procedures.
· Maintains proper loss prevention standards, reviewing cash handling procedures, deposits and safe procedures.
· Maintains a clean well-merchandised store, following visual presentation plans and standards.
· Plans, executes and communicates all sales promotions and new product information effectively and efficiently.
· Identifies staffing, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training needs of qualified candidates. Facilitates on-going training and development of current staff.
· Is the Role Model for outstanding service and “owner” of the service initiative in the café.
· Pro-active in solving customer problems and satisfying customers in various situations.
· Ensures that all team members are committed to all policies and procedures.
· Ensures that all team members provide customers with efficient, friendly, superior service on a consistent basis.
· Consistently monitors, coaches and encourages team members to meet the Kraftsmen service standards.
· Assesses and provides adequate staffing to provide efficient and friendly, superior service.
· Maintains high cleanliness standards consistently throughout the store in the areas of store appearance, merchandise and equipment.
· Ensures that all Company drink recipes and procedures are followed, maintaining the highest quality and consistent product standards.
· Ensures that all Company food offerings maintain the highest quality.
· Ensures that all team members are educated on our products and services, by developing an understanding of our food, products and offerings.
· Tastes drink and food products on a per shift basis for quality assurance.
Training & Development:
· Provides ongoing training and development to all team members in the areas of operating standards, customer service and product knowledge.
· Demonstrates the ability to lead, effectively communicate, and train.
· Builds morale and team spirit by fostering a work environment where team members input is encouraged and valued.
· Ensures each team member has received proper training to perform various café positions (cross-training).
· Continually develops team members, establishing specific performance objectives, and measuring team member performance regularly.
· Coaches and counsels team members for improved performance, documenting developmental plans as necessary.
· 1-3 years previous management experience preferred.
· Minimum 2 years experience working in restaurant/café setting.
· Proficient on a computer; familiar with software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
· Must be able to work overtime, including weekends, evenings and special events as needed.
· Well-organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
· Must have effective problem solving/decision making abilities.
· This position will require frequent standing and use of hands and arms.
· Must have excellent verbal and written English communication skills. Spanish speaking is a plus.
We operate a cafe in front part of our bake shop. We are looking for quality staff for our cafe.
We are seeking a Cafe Manager to join our team! You will be responsible for providing customers with a memorable dining experience.
- Supervise and coordinate all culinary activities
- Oversee product needs, place orders and pick up items
- Ensure a high quality of ingredients and food preparation
- Train and manage kitchen personnel
- Create and adjust staff schedules to meet restaurant needs
- Adhere to all safety and sanitation regulations
- Previous experience in food service or other related fields
- Strong leadership qualities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
Serious inquire only.
Cafe Team Manager who will work directly in the preparation, production and service of the food, liquor and wine on our cafe menu. This role will support daily needs in the Space, as well as Event Support. This role reports to the General Manager.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Receive, date and organize food and beverage orders
- Prep food for café menu
- Prepare food orders for members with confidence
- Process payments
- Work closely with staff to delivery stellar customer experience
- Provide high-volume hospitality during events, crowded service hours
- Work small and large events; scheduled mornings, evenings, occasional weekends
- Maintain a level of professionalism with all members and guests
- Deliver high level hospitality and customer service to our members
- Flexible in schedule, able to support evenings, weekends and large events
- Team player; lends a hand to support all team members and community members in The Space
- Self-starter, takes initiative
- Passionate and knowledgeable in hospitality and restaurant industry
- Knowledgeable about coffee, food, wine, cocktails
- Confident, fast learner and quick thinker
- Passion for the Wing brand and mission
Restaurant Manager - Cafe
Restaurant Manager- Cafe
Salary up to $55K + Bonus + Awesome Benefits!
Our client is looking for high performing leaders and managers who are looking for a fun, energetic atmosphere with Fast-Track opportunities to General Manager. This is your opportunity to join an award-winning and growing brand that is committed to employee development.
Don't pass up this amazing opportunity!
- Well established, award-winning, popular national brand
- All GM's promoted from within - be rewarded for your good work!
- Family friendly employer- No alcohol, no fryers, no late nights
Benefits, Benefits, Benefits!
- Health, Dental, Life, 401k match, paid vacations and MUCH MORE
- 45 hour work week
- State-of-art ongoing training
- Develop, supervise and coach the Team
- Communicate and adhere to all restaurant policies and procedures
- Proper scheduling, inventory, planning, maintaining stock, monitoring food supplies and other P&L factors
- Guest satisfaction
- 2+ years restaurant management experience required
EOE - Equal Opportunity Employer
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!