Calendering Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Machine Operator - Finish Blade Operator
Albuquerque Asphalt is accepting applications for a Finish Blade Operator
Must be capable of finishing subgrade & base course for parking lots, roadways, and highways.
Minimum 2 years experience is required.
Hourly Rate D.O.E
Machine Operator / CNC Mill And Lathe Operator
1. CNC MILL AND LATHE OPERATOR
Responsible for operating machine tools to produce precision metal parts. Produces small batches or large quantities of metal parts. Ensure products meet precise specifications.Primary responsibilities
- Operate machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to produce metal parts.
- Review electronic or written blueprints or specifications for a job.
- Calculate where to cut or bore.
- Shape steel, aluminum, titanium, plastic, silicon and other materials.
- Determine how fast or slow workpiece is fed into machine.
- Determine how much material to remove.
- Select tools and materials for the job.
- Plan the sequence of cutting and finishing operations.
- Mark the workpiece to show where cuts should be made.
- Position workpiece on the drill press, lathe, or milling machine.
- Monitor and control feed rate and speed.
- Ensure workpiece is properly lubricated and/or cooled.
- Regulate temperature of workpiece.
- Detect problems by listening for specific sounds.
- Adjust cutting speed to compensate for harmonic vibrations.
- Monitor the accuracy of cuts.
- Replace dull cutting tools.
- Check accuracy of work against blueprints and specifications.
- Produce large quantities of parts.
- Determine how automated equipment will cut a part.
- Determine cutting path.
- Concert path, speed, and feed information into set of instructions for machine tool.
- Use manual and computer-controlled machinery.
- Write basic programs.
- Modify programs in response to problems.
Positions available to start immediately.
Apply in person:
5415 N 5th St Philadelphia PA 19120
If interested and meet qualifications CALL OUR RECRUITERS AT 215-224-9700 for more information.
Type: Full-timeJob Type:
Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour
2. MACHINE OPERATOR
On Site Personnel, LLC is seeking for experienced CNC machine operator to work with our gear manufacturing client located near Ivyland, PA
Pay: $12/hr. Hours Mon- Fri. 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Overtime is available
Responsible for operating CNC machine
Deburring parts with grinding wheel
Light assembly and packaging.
2 years of experience working in warehouse environment and operate machine.
Operating CNC experience is a plus
Mechanically inclined and good problem solving ability.
Good Math skills.
Attention to detail and fast learner
High school diploma
Apply in person:
5415 N 5th St Philadelphia PA 19120
If interested and meet qualifications CALL OUR RECRUITERS AT 215-224-9700 for more information.
Salary: $12.00 /hour
At Onsite Personnel, we consistently deliver quality, cost-effective staffing services with a comprehensive screening and training system to provide highly qualified workers for your business. Onsite Personnel takes pride in going the extra step to assure satisfaction of our customers. Our ever-growing client base is a testament to our dedication and hard work.
Concrete Pump Operator / Machine Operator
• Recommend measures to improve productivity/quality
• Requisition materials and supplies
• Resolve work problems
• Set up, loads and unloads machines and equipment
• Train staff in safety consciousness, and policies
• Maintains tools and equipment associated with concrete pumps mounted on trucks, platforms, or separate placing booms
• Experience as a construction worker an asset
• Good communication skills
• Great leadership ability
• Solves problems effectively
• Well organized
$16 - $20 /HR
Since 1975, Central Broward Construction is a full service commercial masonry contractor. CBC works in Dade, Broward, and West Palm Beach counties. CBC owns and operates all of our equipment. We are in need of a dedicated mechanic to keep all equipment SAFE and Fully Functional.
DESCRIPTION: Seeking ambitious, responsible, and self-motivated individuals to operate manufacturing equipment in accordance with a developed process for aerospace applications.
REQUIREMENTS: Basic machine operation or assembly experience a plus, but not mandatory. Applicants meeting description will be trained on all position requirements. Will consider applicants for all shifts. High school diploma required.
We offer full benefits including but not limited to:
Medical, Dental, 401 (K), Paid Time Off.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
CNC Machine Operator
- Sets up lathes, machining centers, and robots. Performs tool changes as required and verifies all dimensions using appropriate measuring instruments and gauges.
- Enters and edits machine programs using the Greco computer and documents set-up parameters by completing appropriate check sheets.
- Operates and maintains the Henry coolant and Ultra filter systems and records pertinent data on S.P.C. and other check sheets.
- Performs cleaning, preventive maintenance, checks of fluid levels, minor repairs, and adjustments for all machining department equipment and processes.
- Performs regular spot-checks of equipment to ensure proper and continuous functioning and collects and documents data for quality checks at regular intervals
- Collects data in support of key measurable tracking, root cause analysis, and other departmental improvement projects under the direction of technicians/specialists, group leaders, and/or the departmental supervisor.
- Six (6) months or more of related machining experience is required as a prerequisite.
- Working knowledge of department equipment and processes measured by successful completion of all prerequisite proficiency tests within a two-month period (70% grade or better), including: a) Basic mathematics, b) Blueprint reading, c) Machine shop practices, d) Troubleshooting skills, e) Hand measuring, f) Lathes, and g) Machining centers is required as a prerequisite.
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control (S.P.C.) is required.
- Demonstrated communication/training skills, initiative, and basic leadership skills are required.
- Post high school education is preferred.
- Ability and willingness to work any assigned shift.
- Excellent vision, including color discrimination, is required.
As a company, AAP has flexibility, which allows fast turnaround on special orders and focused attention to our customers' needs. This adaptability, along with more than 40 years experience of our parent company, Hitachi Metals, Ltd., in the worldwide automotive wheel market, makes AAP a unique supplier. Our facility, located in St. Marys, OH, is equipped with the most sophisticated design and production equipment.
Over the years, AAP has relied heavily upon a close partnership with our associates. Since 1988, our growth has resulted in six expansions and a production capacity of over 3 million wheels per year. Aside from our growth, we are most proud of maintaining steady work for our employees throughout our 29-year history.
Machine Operator / Fabricator
AUTOMATED CONVEYOR SYSTEMS, INC. has been a leading provider of turnkey material handling systems and facility upgrades for over 40 years. Specializing in the corrugated, folding carton and the bottle and can industries, ACS has built a solid reputation on a foundation of service, craftsmanship, and innovative technology. ACS recruits and hires locally as often as possible and, whenever possible, supports the local economy when buying services, materials and supplies.
ACS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
ACS, located in Lynchburg, VA, has an opening for a Machine Operator to fabricate steel and various other metals appurtenant to conveyor assembly and utilization. Machines utilized include, but are not limited to:
- Cutoff Saw
- Drill Press
- Press Brake
- Plasma Cutter
Machines may either be manual or CNC.
Machine Operator essential functions are as follows:
- Follows written and verbal instruction from leadman and supervisor.
- Read and interpret blueprints for standard and custom parts as required.
- Read an interpret bills of material for same.
- Work with basic shop math, fractions, decimals, and formulas.
- Read tape measure, scale, calipers, micrometer, and work with relatively close tolerances.
- Operate overhead crane/hoist and fork truck as required.
- Operate machines to complete machining cycles and check work and parts for quality.
- Knowledge of various types of steel including flat bar, angle, channel and rod.
- Program and troubleshoot CNC equipment as required.
- Familiarity with and understanding of programming including formats, specifications and capacities.
- Install program tape/cards in console reader and correlate machine position with control.
- Recognize and repeat errors in programming and operations.
- Diagnose operating difficulties and make the appropriate remedial adjustments as required.
- Notifies supervisor or leadman of any unusual conditions of material or equipment.
- Meets acceptable time/work standards.
- Keeps immediate work area clean and orderly.
- Works in accordance with established safety polices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
In order to qualify for this position, you will have:
- High school degree or equivalent
- Position typically expects three (3) to five (5) years of direct/relevant experience based on scope of the position
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics
- Ability to read a tape measure to 1/16th of an inch
- Willing and able to work overtime as required
- Possess problem solving capabilities
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multitask
- Maintain composure in a fast-paced, stressful environment
- Mission focused with a sense of urgency when required
- Must have a positive attitude and foster a continuous improvement environment
- Ability to work well with others
Qualified candidates, please submit your cover letter and resume for immediate consideration. We will review your qualifications and contact you if we feel you are a match for this role. If you're not a match, we will build a profile on your behalf in hopes of contacting you in the near future with opportunities that more closely match your skill set, education and experience.
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life & disability insurance, matching 401(k), FSA, and education tuition assistance.
Lynchburg, VA is an up and coming city that offers plenty of outdoors activities, from sports leagues to hiking, hunting/fishing and camping. Its location is perfect for easy access to Washington, DC, Philadelphia, PA and NYC. A great place to raise a family, Lynchburg offers great dining, the arts, professional organizations and places of historical significance. Please visit for more information.
Entry Level Molding Machine Operator
Everyone likes to feel pride in their work. At PeopleReady, we make that happen! We have opportunities right now for hardworking people looking for a reliable paycheck.
Are you committed to safety, and have excellent attendance? We are ready to put you to work! We are currently hiring for a 3rd shift Molder in Delano, MN.
This company is looking for long-term employees to join their growing business. New employees will be moved to different areas the first few weeks to determine where they fit best. There is a lot of training involved with this company so you are guaranteed to learn new skills.
- Sets up and operates molding machine in a safe and efficient manner.
- Able to meet scrap and production goals.
- Ensures quality of parts coming off machine.
- Reads and follows the molding process sheets, correcting any errors immediately, in writing, to their supervisor or lead person.
- Continually communicates with their lead person, maintenance, quality control and/or supervisor whenever they have questions or need assistance regarding any of the requirements of their job.
- Keeps their work area clean and organized. Places all parts to be trimmed in crates or on pallets.
- Fills out production reporting paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Communicates effectively with others.
- Keeps productive materials appropriately stocked.
- Communicates effectively with prior and subsequent shifts.
- Performs all aspects of the job in accordance with the safety standards set forth by Solar Plastics.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Shift Supervisor and/or other members of management.
The Molder must understand and perform to standard the following aspects related to this position:
- Rotational molding processes.
- The variables related to the molding process, including time, temperature, cooling, mold releases, etc.
- The characteristics of all standard resins used by their division (i.e. knowing what the proper cure is for each material and how to check the cure.
- Mold preparation and mold maintenance techniques.
- Quality standards for each machine (found on the process sheets located in the machine areas).
- Pressure testing requirements for all tanks as stated on the process sheets.
- Critical dimensions and characteristics of each part and how to check these to maintain consistency.
- How to effectively conduct a first part inspection to approve a set-up.
Must be willing to submit to pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Shift: Sunday- Thursday 10:45pm- 7am
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.JB.0.31.LN
Production Batch Mixer/ Machine Operator - 2Nd Shift
The Batch Mixer / Machine Operator has the primary function of processing or blending Woodland Foods products in accordance with our quality and food safety standards.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Report all production activities for each production run into database
- Weigh ingredients according to batch sheets and add to mixers
- Report all production activities for each production run into database
- Mix batches according to mixing instructions
- Set up and operate cutting or grinding equipment to reduce the particle size of ingredients
- Complete all required HACCP and quality paperwork on a daily basis
- Order products and packaging from material handlers to work area prior to each production run
- Ensure work area starts on time on a daily basis
- Perform routine adjustments and troubleshoot equipment as needed during production runs
- Ensure all products made are of acceptable quality
- Maintain an organized and clean work area at all times
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Experience with blending or processing equipment preferred
- Must have working knowledge of general warehouse operations, food industry experience a plus
- Must be flexible with hours, possibility for OT
- Ability to lift 55lbs. and team lift anything over 55lbs.
- Must follow all WF GMP’s and work consistently with all food safety, quality and sanitation requirements
- Must have computer skills
- Ability to read and write English
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide, in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural documents
- Understand the basics of scale operations, weights, and measurements
- Good verbal and written communication
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Demonstrate good leadership skills
- Flexibility to adapt to different production lines
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and frequently bend and move about the facility. Must be able to climb ladders and maneuver in small spaces
Personal Protective Equipment
The performance of this position requires exposure to the manufacturing and warehouse areas that under certain conditions may require the use of personal protective equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works in an office and manufacturing environment
- Exposure to dust, odors, and noise
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Some of these ingredients have journeyed from far flung corners of the earth to reach your plate—like the strikingly bold quinoa fields buried alongside the Andes Mountains of Peru, the Indian spice markets filled with the scent of a thousand spices, the stunning salt shores off the coast of France, and the gorgeous plush landscape of the Bhutan rice fields; each has a different story to tell.
Together, our ingredients represent all areas of the inhabited world. Woodland Foods’ search for unique ingredients has spanned the globe and taken us to over 60 countries on 6 different continents. With such a wide variety of ingredients, we also recognize that it’s crucial to have a complete selection that incorporates kitchen essentials.
Today, we stand at the forefront of the specialty ingredient industry, focused and poised to provide a constantly growing stream of exotics such as freekeh, Kermes rice and scorpion chiles, while continuing to offer mainstream favorites such as thyme, almonds and sun-dried tomatoes. We also maintain our substantial and steadily growing line of health-conscious foods, including organics, vegan and gluten-free products.
As we have done from the beginning, Woodland Foods strives to meet the growing and changing needs of manufacturing, foodservice, retail and club store customers. We love to share our passion for food and our search for the next remarkable ingredient is never complete. Whether you are looking for the staples within our unrivaled selection or distinctive ingredients to set your products apart, Woodland Foods is your trusted specialty food ingredient provider.
Want to work for a great company that cares about their employees? Is working in a family oriented company important to you? If so, please reply to this add. Our company offers competitive pay, benefits, and cutting edge technology. If your looking for a career and not a job, apply with your resume!
- Perform basic machine operation duties
- Monitor machinery and equipment
- Read and follow written job instructions
- Load and unload machining center
- Deburr and package parts
- Perform quality inspections
- Setup and changeover between part numbers
- Maintain a safe and clean work space
- 1st shift (6AM-3PM or 7AM-4PM) or 2nd Shift Machinist (3PM-1AM) M-Th)
- Sets up and operates equipment related to the ESC business by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reads blueprints or mill cards for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances and tooling instructions
- Performs all powder operations to produce ESC parts including blending/reducing/grinding/screening of powders.
- Operates soak and batch furnaces as needed.
- Performs rolling/shearing/saw cutting operations.
- Operates CNC machining centers.
- Performs quality checks to insure product meets internal and customer specifications using various measuring devices.
- Performs packaging and shipment of material including appropriate paperwork and record keeping.
- Must be able to perform multiple functions on a daily basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or 12 to 36 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
The Company is diversified - geographically, across the durable goods manufacturing sector and industries offering a variety of highly engineered products and services. AMETEK is organized into three business groups: two Electronic Instrumentation Groups and an Electro-mechanical Group. Its strong market position and increasing emphasis on highly differentiated products insulate the Company from significant adverse impact due to variable conditions in local economies or particular industry sectors.
AMETEK’s culture reflects the passion and success of a dynamic, results-oriented organization built upon operational consistency, targeted investment in technology and strong market positions. AMETEK is decentralized but drives accountability, work structure and work style that fits each business. The culture is a team-oriented meritocracy and values candor, openness and continuous improvement. The company is results-driven and is known for its high ethics and integrity. A strong work ethic and a sense of engagement create a culture of shared purpose and connection; it is a down-to-earth, roll-up-the-sleeves environment where people work hard, support each other and are passionate but respectful with each other and their customers.
The AMETEK Specialty Metal Products (SMP) Division is a global leader in the development and production of an array of superior metal products. The Precision Tube and Strip (PT&S) Business Units specialize in the development and production of precision metal tubes, high quality specialty metal strip, specialty metal wire and similar advanced engineered materials.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!