Candle Molder Hand Job Description Sample
Teledyne Marine is a group of leading-edge undersea technology companies that have been assembled by Teledyne Technologies Incorporated. Through acquisitions and collaboration, over the past 10 years Teledyne Marine has evolved into an industry powerhouse, bringing the best of the best together under a single umbrella. Each Teledyne Marine company is a leader in its respective field, with a shared commitment to providing premium products backed by unparalleled service and support. As part of the Teledyne Marine group,
Teledyne Impulse designs and manufactures highly reliable electrical and optical interconnection systems for a broad range of harsh environment applications. We specialize in dry mateable, wet mateable, and underwater mateable standard products, as well as custom product interconnect solutions. From miniature underwater sensor connectors to large vehicle systems, Teledyne Impulse has created many innovative connection solutions. For more information, visit our website at. Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please emailor call (805)373-4545. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Position Summary and Responsibilities The Production Equipment Operator –Molder II is responsible for setting up and operating transfer molding, injection molding & dispensing machines used in the production of polyurethane, neoprene, and/or epoxy connectors and bodies. The operator works from process sheets and production drawings to perform production molding of components in accordance with established policies and procedures. Operators in this category should be able to independently and safely run the equipment, with minimal supervision. Management may, at its discretion, modify or add further duties not currently listed in this general job description. Duties and
Adheres to all Rubber department guidelines and quality requirements.
Conducts set-up processes using fixtures and/or tooling
Responsible for reporting cycle time and part count.
Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions. Sets pressures, time, and temperature according to procedures.
Works press controls to activate machines to compress compounds between molds to form and cure specified products.
Removes cured products from mold using hand tools
Accurately and completely fills out shop orders, defect reporting sheets, white board, and any other required documentation.
The operator is responsible to move products to the next work center in ERP.
Communicates with lead and/or supervisor to receive instructions and coordinate activities.
Cleans machines and work area to maintain a clean work environment (6S)
Maintain s the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
Detects and reports defective materials, expired materials, or questionable conditions to the supervisor.
Performs quality evaluations on parts during production and notifies supervisor of any non-conforming parts or materials.
Manages material usage to optimize profitability.
Examines product to determine if it meets criteria and complete in-process inspection paper work.
Records production data for reference by production and management personnel, including labor tracking, deviation requests and non-conforming material documents.
Present at all quality and safety meetings required by management.
Assists in physical inventory counts.
Attends work regularly and predictably and uphold Company values in all work aspects.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum High School diploma or equivalent.
Minimum 3 years production experience in a manufacturing environment using manual injection molding machines. Experience molding with materials such as Polyurethane, neoprene, epoxy, and EPDM preferred.
Must be able to see colors for the wiring sequences of the connectors, and possess good vision (corrected vision is acceptable) to perform visual inspection of product quality and to identify defects.
Must possess U.S. citizenship or be a "U.S. Person". (A U.S. Person is defined as a person who is a lawful permanent resident “Green Card holder” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101 (a)(20) or who is a ”Protected Individual” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).) Knowledge and
Ability to read, write, and speak the English language at a level that allows for the comprehension of detailed instructions and the legible completion of paperwork.
Ability to access condition of mold tooling, make recommendations for maintenance/cleaning, and improvements
Experience to select the correct mold for the shop order requirement
Experience to understand and adjust all equipment controls and settings per requirements
Knowledge to assess good parts from bad prior to moving to the next operation
Capable of standing for a minimum 8-hour shift.
Proficient at multi-tasking and prioritizing workflow.
Must have good manual dexterity to effectively use basic tools and equipment.
Must have satisfactory computers skill to utilize email, Teledyne intranet, IFS ERP system, and some Excel skills.
The company may, at its discretion, modify and/or add further duties not currently listed in this description. Requisition Post Information : Posted Date* 8/5/2017
Company Name : NameTeledyne Impulse
Shift1st Shift - DayCitizenship/Visa RequirementUS Citizen/Perm Resident/ Other US Person
Plastic Injection Molder - Direct Hire - 3Rd Shift
- Maintains customer satisfaction by maintaining and directing the maintenance of molds and ancillary equipment used in producing product.
- Ensures the quality fabrication and maintenance of injection molds, dies jigs, fixtures and other devices used in furthering production of the customers’ parts.
- Enhances team efficiency by training and directing less experienced mold repair personnel.
- Oversees and performs preventive maintenance on molds and on mold performance tracking the maintenance with accurate and timely documentation.
- Provides process improvement recommendations and forecasts any potential quality or production issues from tooling lead.
- Runs all manual shop equipment as required.
- Troubleshoots and analyzes problems before any repairs are initiated.
- Supports production by repairing, adjusting and maintaining all forms of equipment used in the production process.
- Supplies expertise and direct action in modifying molds to produce a superior quality product.
- Maintains stock inventories by ensuring the proper levels of component parts are available at all times for tooling repair.
- Improves the efficiency and accuracy of molded products by the documenting reasons for mold repairs and solutions to prevent future manufacturing interruptions.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Associates Degree and Trade Certification or equivalent years of work experience in related business area.
- Five years experience in mold repair in plastics’ manufacturing environment.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Molder / Assembler
- Team Members have an overall responsibility for pulling plastic parts off a press, trimming excess flash off parts, and assembling plastic components while assuring that all parts meet quality specifications.
- Immediately inform the Group/Team Leader or Production Manager of any visual and/or physical defects in production pieces that appear at your workstation
- Trim pieces without creating any defects. Perform additional trimming of flash to enable a part to meet customer standard and requirements.
- Record information on scrap sheets and/or downtime sheets regarding scrap parts and information about machine, equipment, and fixture.
- Assembly parts according to standardized work instructions
Rubber Molder (Pool)
Description SUMMARY Operates a range of manufacturing equipment for the production of rubber molded sealing products within assigned team. Inspects parts for conformance with quality criteria. This position is the entry level for the Rubber Molder job family.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:(The following duties and responsibilities are all essential job functions as defined by the ADA, except those that begin with the word ‘may'.) 1. Operates multiple combinations of equipment and tools in assigned team. 2.
Complete daily production paperwork including move tickets, quality log sheets and safety checks. 3. Performs 100% trim and inspection and identifies and segregates scrap. 4. Identifies and explains process, material and equipment problems and notifies supervisor or other appropriate individual. 5.
Counts (including weigh counting), packages and boxes parts according to work instructions and/or customer requirements. 6. Maintains a neat and orderly workstation consistent with our industrial housekeeping (5S) standards. 7. Moves parts or other products or materials by hand or using a hand truck. 8.
Perform SPC charting as necessary. 9. Follows the Quality Management System requirements as outlined in the process notes on the press card, the applicable QMS procedures and work instructions; and suggests ways for continual improvement. 10. Promptly reports quality problems and shuts down the equipment if unable to resolve. 11.
Follows EHS rules and regulations, participates in safety meetings and CBT, and suggests ways for continual improvement. 12. Promptly reports personal injuries and unsafe conditions and helps to resolve them. 13. Performs related duties as assigned. Position Requirements
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED: 1. Operates multiple combinations of equipment and tools in assigned team. 2.
Ability to read and understand bills of materials, routings, work instructions and other shop paperwork. Ability to complete production process documentation accurately and in a timely manner. 3. Ability to perform and document simple arithmetic calculations. 4.
Understands manufacturing process and quality acceptance criteria for parts produced. 5. Administrative abilities necessary to plan and prioritize own work, complete work on schedule and maintain required records and logs. Completes forms correctly and legibly. 6.
Interpersonal skills necessary to exchange information with variety of staff. 7. SPC and/or First Article inspection training and certification (if appropriate). 8. Operate hand truck.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (The following statements describe the physical abilities required to perform the essential job functions, although exceptions may be made to these requirements based on the principle of reasonable accommodation.) 1. Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to forty pounds on a daily basis. 2.
Ability to walk and move about, stoop and bend, and climb (ascend and descend) ladders. 3. Ability to stand and operate equipment for up to twelve hours. 4. Ability to reach and grab with arms and hands, and the manual dexterity to operate machines with precision. 5.
Normal or corrected vision necessary to read directions and closely examine parts; and to distinguish colors. 6. Normal hearing in order to detect equipment and motor malfunctions. 7. Ability to pull, lift and transport gaskets to and from various locations with the assigned location.
WORKING CONDITIONS: 1. Works in areas that can be uncomfortable due to noise, odors, and temperature extremes. 2.
Works regularly with machines where carelessness could result in cuts, bruises, burns or muscle pulls. Serious injuries can be avoided if established safety precautions are followed. The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
· Sets up and operates high temperature (up to 750 o) ovens to cure lined valves and parts.
· Sets up and operates extruder machines for the forming of plastic (TFE and PTFE) linings.
· Trims valve linings and parts for accurate fit.
· Performs routine assembly of standard valves.
· Selects and assembles proper molds using hand and pneumatic tools.
· Disassembles molds and extracts finished plugs and valves. Cleans molds.
· Hand carries extremely hot molds, valves and parts using heat-resistant gloves.
· Operates a drill press for drilling holes and cutting out parts.
· Prepares plastic (PTFE, TFE) material by pouring or combining raw ingredients into a processing blender.
· Inserts trays of plastic parts into an oven for curing and operates oven.
· Participates actively in Operational Excellence and Quality processes including project team involvement, problem solving, and recommending solutions to enhance and improve the quality of departmental and/or company-wide business activities.
· Operates powder coating system.
· Performs other work as assigned.
· Ability to use hand and pneumatic tools.
· Ability to wear respirator.
· Ability to use basic mathematics.
· Ability to read gauges.
· Ability to carry heavy,hot objects.
· Ability to work from written and verbal instructions.
· Ability to sustain moderate physical effort, working with light to heavy weight materials. Lifting, bending, carrying and positioning are common and repetitious. Concentrated mental and visual attention in performing work to close tolerances is required. High degree of physical and mental dexterity and visual attention for sustained periods also required.
· One year or more experience processing lined products and auxiliary parts.
· High school education
ASSIGNMENT IS APPROX. 2-3 MONTHS POSSIBLY LONGER
Crane is committed to the highest standards of business conduct. Within that framework, our objective is to grow Economic Value Added (EVA) by continuing to transition to a more integrated operating company. We strive to create value for all our stakeholders with a highly disciplined approach to materially strengthening our businesses through successful implementation of the Crane Business System, through strategic linkages among our businesses, and through utilization of strong free cash flow for strategic acquisitions.
Pure Fishing Flexible Molder Operator 1St Shift
Live, Learn, Work and Play Pure Fishing is a leading global provider of fishing tackle, lures, rods and reels with a portfolio of brands that includes Abu Garcia®, Berkley®, Fenwick®, Gulp!®, Mitchell®, Penn®, Pflueger®, SevenStrand®, Shakespeare®, Spiderwire®, Stren®, Trilene® and Ugly Stik®. With operations in 19 countries, Pure Fishing is part of Jarden Outdoor Solutions, a leader in developing outdoor and active lifestyle products and a division of Jarden Corporation (NYSE: JAH). At Pure Fishing, we stand behind our values, our coworkers, and our determination to Build the World's Best Fishing Tackle Company.
Responsibilities # POSITION SUMMARY: Operates molders for Soft Bait Molding and Gulp!
Molding as coverage for vacation and absenteeism. Performs repetitive line assembly operations to mass-produce packaged baits. Maintains and keeps pace lines operating efficiently and producing good quality packaged baits. This job is team oriented and each packager is responsible for the team output.
Counts and places soft baits onto a pace line or into a consumer package 2.
Inspects baits for obvious defects 3.
Works at different work stations as production requires 4. Stages bulk bait product and maintains production order records on a rotational basis as the Star Person. 5.
Places packages into bulk warehouse boxes 6.
Confirms production at department computer stations as the setup person 7. Makes routine adjustments to printers, labelers, box makers/sealers and pace line speed 8.
Drives continuous improvement using Lean techniques 9.
Drives continuous improvement within the QMS for Pure Fishing 10.
Operates molders in Soft Bait Molding and Gulp Molding as needed 11.
Performs minor molding machine adjustments 12.
Effectively communicates with molding Technicians regarding machine operation 13. Other duties as assigned
1. To perform this job successfully an individual must have good manual dexterity.They must be able to follow directions and make minor decisions with information on production orders and attributes. 2. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 2-3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1. Ability to add and subtract three digit numbers and to multiply and divide. 2. Light lifting up to 25 pounds.Must not be colorblind 3. Ability to apply common sense, understand and carryout detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables under standardized situations.
Equal Employment Opportunity All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
COMPANY: Pure Fishing, Inc. # Requisition Id: 111743 # Location: IA - Spirit Lake #jardenlegacy
Night Molder Production Technician
Molder-Night MolderJOB SUMMARYThe basic function of a Molder or Night Molder is to work in the molding room, using specialized molding equipment, to produce molded rubber vacuum pads for Woods Powr-Grip (WPG) products.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSHigh School Graduate/GED; must meet minimum age requirements; drivers license; ability to communicate verbally and in writing effectively to the extent required by the position; ability to effectively and cooperatively work with other people both in and outside the company; must be able to meet the working conditions and physical demands identified below; ability to read, write, and speak English; ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide to the extent required by the position; must have the ability to become familiar and comfortable with molding press, respond to product specification requirements, and constantly monitor and evaluate tasks performed for safety, efficiency, and quality.WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDSIn general, the working conditions are as follows: clean environment; exposure to noise, heat, dust, and occasional hazardous chemicals. The position requires the following: normal spatial orientation; ability to use of all body senses; ability to walk, sit, stand, bend, reach, and carry throughout ten to twelve hour shifts; ability to consistently lift 80 lbs. from a floor or table position to chest high using a proper lifting technique; ability to repetitively use arms, hands, and fingers in the manipulation of parts; ability to demonstrate good hand/eye coordination and demonstrate good manual dexterity; and ability to stand for the length of the shifts described above.
A squeeze molder will pull a lever to let sand out. They will use a squeeze molder to compact the sand to create the mold.
They will pour metal. They will shake out the mold. Applicants should know how to make cores and do grinding.
Applicant should have at least 6 months of foundry experience. Starting pay depends upon experience.
- Responsible for performing the wax injection mold process for aerospace production parts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs daily checks which include, making sure wax die tools are clean. Checking temperature and pressure gages of the wax press machine ensuring they are correct. Checking wax levels in press machine and melting pots, while also checking for hydraulic leaks.
- Retrieve aluminum dies from storage area to be used for daily work. This involves pushing the dye onto a cart to transport the dye to a work station.Wax die tools weigh from 25 up to 250 lbs. each.
- Must be able to consistently produce wax moldsthat meet engineering specifications for quality.
- Must be able to meet and maintain quantityandquality requirements.
- Must be able to understand and follow molding and storage technique cards. Demonstrating the ability to correctly fill in all required information.
- Responsible for the wax and its condition which individual will be using and will only use wax which has been released through Quality Control Department.
- Must be able to recognize defects in wax patterns and what causes each type of defect.
- Push and pull wax dies in and out of mold press during operation. Dies range in weight from 25 to 250 lbs.
- Other Duties and Responsibilities include, though are not limited to, the following:
- May make minor repairs to equipment which include performing minor maintenance within individual capabilities. When the malfunction or maintenance is not within the capability of minor repair the next step would be to alert the Wax Department Assistant Lead.
- Assists Molder A in the performance of job duties.
- Perform other duties as directed, including work outside the Wax Department.
Hire Dynamics is currently hiring for temp to hire opportunities with an excellent client in Spartanburg, SC.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Plastic/rubber injection molding experience
- Previous experience as a machine operator
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Working knowledge of plastics/rubber
We are an award winning staffing firm for one simple reason, we make it a point to understand you and your career goals as your career advocate.
At Hire Dynamics, you are more than just a resume or skill set, you are an individual. We get to know you as a person, your unique needs, interests and aspirations, and match you with the ideal opportunity.
We provide opportunities to be recognized for your contributions.
Some staffing firms focus on filling job orders. We focus on you. We will provide opportunities for growth, recognition and help you achieve your career goals!
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!