Candle Wrapping Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Machine Operator (12 Hour Rotating Days) - Yankee Candle
Position Title: Machine Operator (12 Hour Rotating Days)
Location: Whately, MA
Reports to: Operations Leader
Shift: 12 Hour Days Rotating Schedule 5:45 AM – 6:00 PM
Machine Operator (12 Hour Rotating Days)
The Machine Operator is responsible for running equipment and troubleshooting, following schedules and calculating formulas. In this role the Machine Operator will need to exercise good judgment to comply with instructions and standard procedures. The successful candidate will need to use automated and manual equipment including: basic hand tools, temperature gauges, wax tanks, pumps, hoses and packaging equipment.
Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve equipment.
Produce product at specific rates for each piece of machinery while maintaining quality standards.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Ability to read and write in the English language.
Ability to stand for 8 plus hours and able to lift up to 20 pounds on a frequent basis.
Good working knowledge of basic arithmetic and the ability to calculate percentages.
Previous machine operator experience in a manufacturing environment.
Basic knowledge of computers a plus.
Ability to problem solve.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate®, Sharpie®, Dymo®, EXPO®, Parker®, Elmer's®, Coleman®, Marmot®, Oster®, Sunbeam®, FoodSaver®, Mr. Coffee®, Graco®, Baby Jogger®, NUK®, Calphalon®, Rubbermaid®, Contigo®, First Alert®, and Yankee Candle®. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play.
Oversees the manufacturing and quality control of medical devices on a production packaging line in a high volume manufacturing facility. Must provide quality support to the production floor as well as assisting in process and material control functions throughout the facility. Responsible for executing standard operating procedures in the Label/Pack and other related areas. Mechanical troubleshooting and good problem solving skills are a must. Must be able to work closely with the maintenance staff and communicate production needs to technical associates. Must have good communication skills and a willingness to lead an effective team toward achieving production and quality documentation goals. Trains others, and shares knowledge as needed.
Reports to the Packaging Skill IV Lead for daily guidance and interaction.PRIMARY DUTIES
The essential functions of this position include but are not limited to:
Quality: Machine Operator
- Perform, control and maintain quality standards in the Label/Pack area.
- Responsible for the quality of prefilled syringes produced on assigned production line.
- Support Label Control and Application Activities.
- Perform and coordinate Production Start-up, In Process, Sub-Component, and Final Product QC testing, inspections and release documentation.
- Review DHR and other quality documentation in Label/Pack area.
- Control of reject product, disposition, documentation support and trending in Label/Pack area.
- Responsible for in-process inspection and final control of rework and sort tasks in label/pack area.
- Report process and product nonconformance to area supervisor and/or quality.
Production: Machine Operator
- Proper operation of the automated line.
- Covering machine operation during breaks.
- Executing line clearance procedures.
- Changing type set on hot stamp.
- Level II trouble shooting at a minimum.
- Responsible for proper and timely completion of all required paperwork and reports.
- Responsible for ensuring all work areas are clean and well organized.
- Back-fill for packaging skill IV lead as needed.
- Responsible for working safely and for assigned team members safety.
Leadership: Machine Operator
- Conduct team meetings
- Conflict resolution/Performance Evaluations
- Training team to learn new skills for next level.
- Drive GMP compliance and other quality initiatives in label/pack.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES - Machine Operator
- Conduct 100% visual and manual inspection of pre-filled syringes run on the semi-automated equipment.
- Load syringes into automated equipment.
- Bag individual syringes on a pneumatic bagging machine.
- Pack and carton finished syringes in shipping boxes.
- Erect and label cartons and cases.
- Check weighing, case packing, master packing and palletizing.
- Stretch wrapping pallets.
- Other duties as assigned.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS - Machine Operator
- Must be detail oriented, friendly, reliable, resourceful, trustworthy and able to work effectively in a team-based environment.
- Must be able to work overtime and participate on the plant preventive maintenance team as needed.
- Enforce safety, quality, and performance of teams.
- Must have aptitude for running automated equipment.
- Must be able to remain focused during extended periods of time.
- Must be able to coexist in a diverse workplace.
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in written English.
- Strong technical abilities and/or background with job experience.
- Good mathematical skills and comfortable with numbers.
- Experience in a QC industrial setting.
- Self-directed, able to work independently, and takes initiative to accomplish assigned/unassigned tasks and implement Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ability to use and maintain various measurement gauging and test apparatus.
- Responsive to requests made by production personnel.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Push and/or pull up to 30 pounds.
- Good understanding of basic GMP requirements.
- Knowledge of quality control and process control.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - Machine Operator
- Must be able to effectively read/write English
- Willing to work voluntary and mandatory overtime
- Detailed oriented and accuracy driven
- Safety conscious
- Reliable with excellent attendance record
- Must be able to co-exist in a diverse workplace
Health, Vision, Dental, Paid Holiday and Vacation
Great Lakes Coca-Cola Distribution, L.L.C. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Reyes Holdings, L.L.C. Great Lakes Coca-Cola is responsible for the sales, production and distribution of Coca-Cola brands to the market area. Together with Coca-Cola, we are proud distribution partners for the world's largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands.
Responsible for operating production line equipment and/or forklift operation.
People or Process Management Responsibility:
Monitor and ensure safety and quality compliance. Report any non-compliant situations to the Lead and/or Supervisor
Monitor and ensure line performance report and communicate all issues with appropriate personnel
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
Operation of industrial beverage processing equipment
Operation of forklift
Perform all required product quality checks and properly document
Complete all required production documentation for the purposes of production reporting
Ensure all required safety policies / training is practiced in assigned role
Communicate and resolve line performance issues within assigned role
Attend all required training sessions and plant meetings as required by the Supervisor
Review materials needed for daily schedules within assigned role and communicate any discrepancies to the Lead or Supervisor
Ensure proper time keeping as required by the company time and attendance policy
Fill in for other roles as qualified
Participate in teams/committees
Performs any other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED
6 months experience operating manufacturing equipment or related machine operator experience
Position requires a dedicated, enthusiastic and detailed oriented team member.
Basic math skills and reading comprehension.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions and procedures.
Ability to record information in a computer system.
Visual ability to identify product, label, container, and equipment problems.
Flexibility in working hours as needed by the operation
This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test
Preferred Skills and Experience:
Previous experience within high-speed industrial environment.
Experience with Lean Manufacturing concepts and programs
Food or beverage experience
Mechanical experience or previous training
Previous experience driving a forklift
Previous experience with automation and computer controlled equipment
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Ability to handle exposure to all temperature changes, high noise levels, and safely working around moving equipment.
Manual dexterity to manipulate small objects.
Ability to move up to 50 lbs. a distance of at 5 feet.
Must be able to bend, stoop, and kneel.
Ability to stand for extended periods (2 hours).
Ability to perform repetitive motions for extended periods (2 hours).
Ability to handle exposure to all temperature changes, high noise levels, and safely working around moving equipment.
Use of various tools and equipment as needed
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations and self-development opportunities, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State Government. Drug Free Employer.
Molding Machine Operator
We are always in search of Difference Makers to help us generate solutions and solve problems so that we can continue flooring the imagination of our customers; while providing value to their lives. We're redefining flooring with products that not only minimize climate impact but also foster beauty and allow people to connect and thrive.
If you would like to make a direct impact with a multi-billion dollar Fortune 500 global leader in flooring fashions, while making the world a better place, then we have an exciting leadership opportunity for you!
Mohawk Industries is the world's largest flooring company – and we are growing. We are a Fortune 500 company (NYSE: MHK) and our competitive advantages are huge.
SAFELY Monitors and troubleshoots specific machinery operating deficiencies
Analyzes quality defects and corrects deficiencies in the line
Operates and monitors all electrical and mechanical set ups on machines
Perform all quality tests as required to correct quality defects
Adjusts tools and set up on machinery or makes changes to maintain first quality product
Performs minor repairs on machines and may assist maintenance
Uses mechanical tools to make adjustments
Operate computer panels
Perform cycle counts and maintain proper documentation
Perform duties using proper housekeeping and observes safe work practices
Fill out pallet tickets, end of order forms, end of shift paperwork and other paperwork as needed.
Other duties as assigned
High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
Minimum of 1 year previous manufacturing experience.
Ability to read and comprehend manuals used in the plant.
Perform mathematical calculations, including conversion to metric systems.
Previous experience in an automated manufacturing production environment is highly preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Technical Machine Operator
Royal is a diverse manufacturer of injection molding, urethane foam and assemblies. We serve the automotive, furniture, and consumer products industries. Royal is growing and we are looking for talented individuals who want to make a difference!
We offer great benefits including:
- No Sunday work
- Quarterly bonuses based on profitability
- Ownership in the company through our ESOP plan (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Outstanding health and dental insurance
Responsibilities will include:
- Working in a fast pace manufacturing environment
- Ability to read, understand, and follow operator instructions
- Basic troubleshooting responsibilities
- Through training…
- Performing setup work on injection molding machines. This includes cleaning of molding machines and associated equipment, fine-tuning and adjustment of machines according to part being produced and color changes.
- Setting up auxiliary equipment during changeovers. This includes air tools, date stamps, conveyors, etc.
- Cleaning hoppers and grinder, purging old material
People who succeed at Royal are those who share the values of our company: Integrity. Stewardship. Teamwork. Hard work. Excellence.
We're committed to being the employer of choice. Our goal is to build a culture of commitment where everyone is respected and valued. Where everyone participates. Where everyone matters. We give our employees the responsibility -- and the authority -- to make decisions. We try to provide the best possible work environment. We encourage creativity. We applaud ingenuity. We reward problem solving.
And we recognize that we are only a part of our employees' lives. Our culture embraces the family. We celebrate accomplishments -- both inside the workplace and out. We aim to replicate the family structure on the manufacturing floor by establishing work teams committed to one another -- and to our customers.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply today! Royal offers a competitive wage and benefit package - including quarterly bonuses based on profitability, outstanding health insurance, ownership in the company through our ESOP (retirement) plan, and much more.
Machine Operator - Trim
At NCI, our strength and success lie in one another united in a single purpose: We Create Great Building Solutions Every Day.
MBCI is the industry leading manufacturer of metal roof and wall systems, including six separate standing seam roofing systems. MBCI has always and continues to provide the metal construction industry with the highest quality products and services available to architects, owners and contractors. MBCI is a division of NCI Building Systems.
Work as needed in different areas of the department facility.
Read and understand drawings
Setting up machines ( TWINMATC Press)
Inspecting equipment ( processing)
Complete accompanying paperwork.
Prepare finished products for paint department.
Work on a team within department and with other departments
Perform quality checks on parts made.
Work safely at all times and comply with Company safety policies.
Use an overhead crane and forklift.
Must operate and be able to learn to operate computer on the Twinmaic press.
NCI is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Job Family Manufacturing
Pay Type Hourly
7000 S Eastern Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73149, USA
We are PENGO, your #1 auger and related wear parts provider. With over 65 years manufacturing augers, we are proud to provide QUALITY, EXPERIENCE and EXCELLENCE in SERVICE. With Locations in Laurens, IA and Cokato, MN; we feel people make the difference and we are looking for a few Motivated, Reliable, Energetic candidates to join our Team.
Sets up and operates metal sawing machines such as hacksaw, bandsaw, circular saw, friction saw, and rubber disk saw to cut metal stock to dimensions by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reads job order for specifications such as material, type, and size of stock, and dimensions to be cut
Obtains and transfers stock to machine
Installs saw blade and sets blade tension and cutting speed for specified operation
Sets saw blade angle to obtain desired angle cuts
Sets stops and guides to control dimension of cut
Positions and secures stock against stops or in feeding device
Turns valve to start flow of coolant against cutting area
Starts machine and observes operation
Measures work for conformance to specifications
Marks identifying data on workpiece
Replaces defective cutting blade or wheel
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to read, understand and effectively communicate information through writing and speaking so others will understand
Attention to detail
Multi-tasking and organizational skills
Independent Self-Starter/Team Player
General Arithmetic/Basic Algebra/Basic Geometry/Percentages
Kleen Test Products has immediate openings for a Machine Operator at our Port Washington, WI facility (25 minutes north of Milwaukee). Apply today, interview tomorrow! Start work within 24 hours of your interview!
The Machine Operator runs diverse machines from liquid fill stations, auto cappers, label machines, heat sealers, auto stuffers, and winders. The Machine Operator is responsible for driving the speed of production and helps make some of the most popular household items in use today! The key is understanding the process and flow of production. What should production from start to finish look like?
Successful Machine Operators at KTP will be excited to do the following each day:
- Follow production orders and specifications
- Proactively monitoring raw material amounts, actual functions of the machine, and auditing the end product
- Complete cleaning/sanitization of machines
- Troubleshooting and in-line adjustments on your machine
- Visual and hands-on quality checks
- Document results accurately and completely while following a ‘right the first time’ doctrine.
- Set-up or changeover of machines
- Some related experience and/or training is desired.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure
Winder Machine Operator - Elsner
Want a direct hire opportunity to get into the Manufacturing field by learning entry level machine operations or are you already a machine operator and can "load, thread, adjust, and inspect" at a quick pace? This is more than a roll tender operator, and if you are already familiar as a roll tender, you can make the transition to winder operator!
Either way, we are looking for those "eager to learn" new manufacturing superstars! Did we mention this is in a climate controlled clean environment?
Kleen Test Products has immediate direct hire openings as an Entry Level Machine Operator in Mequon, WI (greater Milwaukee area).
Let's give you an idea of what type of Essential Functions we are talking about:
- Operate a fabric un-winder / winder machine -- that is right, you run it, you adjust it.
- Load and thread material off of an approximately 4ft. diameter x 2ft. roll into the machine's rollers for the unwinding process.
- The machine will rewind the fabric onto smaller cardboard cores making rolls approximately 5 inches x 2 ft.
- Your machine operator job ensures proper loading of the large roll and producing smaller rolls that are within specifications.
- As a Machine operator you will make minor adjustments for alignment and tightness / looseness of the smaller rolls.
- Part of the Machine operator’s work is to document the type of fabric used and amount.
- Machine operator will attend shift safety meeting and ensure cleanliness of work area at the end of shift. PPE is provided and required.
- A qualified applicant will have some experience with mechanical aptitude, ability to adjust machine parts, dials, and switches.
- Feel the need to read! You should have legible handwriting to complete paperwork.
- If you are a superstar, pass those skills on! You should have a willingness to coach and train new employees as needed
- Think twice, act once! Have the ability to apply common sense to solve daily problems as they arise --
- Committed to conduct all work in a safe manner.
- The ability to work independently, however mostly working as part of a group/team.
- Confident in developing relationships at various levels.
- Committed to delivering superior quality products and services -- you will inspect your work, every log.
- Maintain and promote strong work ethics and uphold all KTP policies and procedures.
- Applicants should be able to sit, stand, squat, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, twist, or carry for long periods of time.
Cinch Connectivity Solutions - Machine Operator
Bel (www.belfuse.com), headquartered in Jersey City, NJ, founded in 1949, designs, manufacturers and markets an array of products that power, protect and connect. These products are primarily used in the networking, telecommunications, broadcasting, computing, military, aerospace and transportation markets. The company has three major product groups Connectivity Solutions, Magnetic Solutions and Power Solutions and Protection. In addition to organic growth, Bel has completed numerous acquisitions with the most recent being Power One Inc.'s Power Solutions business from ABB Ltd., and Emerson's Network Power Connectivity Solution business in 2014, and TE Connectivity's Transpower business in 2013.
Primary Objective of Position
Operates one or more primary machines such as screw machines, CNC mills or CNC lathes.
Operates/sets up and performs troubleshooting on secondary machines (mills, drills, punches).
Technical Job Functions
Knowledge of basic shop math for determining tolerance limits, counting parts, calculating speeds and feeds, using ratios or percentages.
Ability to understand blueprints.
Ability to understand written and oral instruction for safety rules, router instructions, etc.
Ability to accurately use common inspection equipment such as calipers, micrometers, dial and digital indicators, etc. Ability to use complex inspection equipment.
Authorities and Responsibilities
Operates one or more primary machines such as screw machines, CNC Mills and CNC lathes.
Operates/sets up and performs troubleshooting on secondary machines such as mills, drills or punches.
Read blueprints, routes and inspection directions to determine job specifications and tolerances. Verifies conformance of parts produced to specification using measuring equipment such as gages, calipers, micrometers, etc.
May make simple tool adjustment or replacements.
May provide basic training to junior department members in the areas of secondary machine operation, basic inspection techniques or to make tool adjustments with limited variables.
Education and Experience
Minimum: High School diploma or GED
Previous machining experience or applicable trade schooling.
No calls or agencies please. Bel will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Bel Fuse is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected Veteran status.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!