Candle Wrapping Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Machine Operator 5Th Shift (12 Hour Days) - Yankee Candle
Live, Learn, Work and Play # Machine Operator 5th Shift (12 hour days):
Hours: 5:45am 6:00pm (2 on, 2 off, 3 on, 2 off, 2 on, 3 off)
Job Summary : Specific responsibilities include running equipment and troubleshooting, following schedules and calculating formulas, exercising good judgment to comply with instructions and standard procedures. Will need to be knowledgeable in using automated and manual equipment including: basic hand tools, temperature gauges, wax tanks, pumps, hoses and packaging equipment.
Previous machine operation experience in a manufacturing environment required for Machine Operator position.
Good analytical skills to troubleshoot and problem solve equipment.
Expectation to produce product at specific rates for each piece of machinery while maintaining quality standards.
Ability to exert physical effort up to 40% of the time for weights up to 60 lbs.
Be an effective team player, as well as have the ability to work independently.
A good working knowledge of basic arithmetic and the ability to calculate percentages.
Strong attention to detail a must.
Basic knowledge of computers a plus. Flexibility in work schedule is also required for possible overtime, work on holidays, weekends and extended hours with minimal notice and as required by operational need. # We are an e-Verify employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status # About Yankee Candle Yankee Candle is a leading designer, manufacturer, wholesaler and retailer of premium scented candles, based on sales. Yankee Candle participates in the $25 billion global candle and home fragrance market. Yankee Candle has a 46-year history of offering distinctive products and marketing them as affordable luxuries and consumable gifts. Yankee Candle sells its products through a North American wholesale customer network of approximately 35,000 store locations, a growing base of Yankee Candle owned and operated retail stores, direct mail catalogs, and its Internet website (www.yankeecandle.com). Outside of North America, Yankee Candle sells its products primarily through an international wholesale customer network of over 6,000 store locations and distributors covering over 50 countries on a combined basis. # Yankee Candle is subsidiary of Newell Brands Yankee Candle is part of Newell Brands, a global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate®, Sharpie®, Dymo®, EXPO®, Parker®, Elmer’s®, Coleman®, Jostens®, Marmot®, Rawlings®, Irwin®, Lenox®, Oster®, Sunbeam®, FoodSaver®, Mr. Coffee®, Rubbermaid Commercial Products®, Graco®, Baby Jogger®, NUK®, Calphalon®, Rubbermaid®, Contigo®, First Alert®, Waddington and Yankee Candle®. Driven by a sharp focus on the consumer, leading investment in innovation and brands, and a performance-driven culture, Newell Brands helps consumers achieve more where they live, learn, work and play. # MON17
Equal Employment OpportunityAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. # #newellcareers
COMPANY: The Yankee Candle Company, Inc # Requisition Id: 111412 # Location: MA - Whately #jardenlegacy
Gift Wrapping Associate
Looking for a gift wrapper to work immediately or during the holiday season.
The Gift Wrapping Associate's main duties are to provide excellent customer service and wrap gifts in a timely manner according to Prim & Proper's standards.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Matches sales receipt to merchandise to ensure correct items and number of items being wrapped/boxed. Notifies owner/manager of discrepancies.
- Checks merchandise for chips/flaws and cleans merchandise prior to packaging. Makes sure to remove all price tags.
- Prepares packages for customers by boxing and neatly wrapping the merchandise.
- Can enter and update package/customer information in the store POS system.
- Monitors inventory and notifies manager/owner of any needed gift wrap supplies (i.e. boxes, ribbon and stickers).
- Maintains clean and orderly work area according to standard.
- Carries out packages for customers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisory personnel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to work assigned schedule on a regular basis.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail when wrapping packages.
- Ability to communicate with management, customers and co-workers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to see well enough to read small print, identify merchandise, spot flaws in merchandise, and read a computer screen and printout.
- Ability to hear and speak well enough to converse with others in person or via telephone.
- Ability to move about the store to get behind narrow areas, bend down or reach up into drawers/shelves, and to climb a ladder to retrieve merchandise/boxes from shelves.
- Dexterity to write in small print, handle small jewelry/gift items, fold tissue and boxes, pull paper and tear from rolls, tie bows, use scissors, and operate a computer keyboard.
- Stamina to stand for long hours.
- Ability to lift and carry approximately items that are about 15-20 lbs.
A position at P&P is more than just a job, it can be a stepping stone in your career. We pride ourselves on creating a happy environment where every team member plays an important role in the company’s growth. Hope to have you on our team!
Note: Interview will require wrapping a gift to show level of training needed, if any. Come to interview in business casual attire and please don't hesitate to ask questions.
Trainee - Wrapping
This entry level position is a learner position, and as such trains on a variety of machines in the Wrapping Department in order to secure a permanent position on a particular machine. The Trainee can be utilized to replace wrapping employees throughout the department as assigned by supervision for periods of time to allow for absences, while always keeping finished product orderly and sanitary, and paying particular attention to maintaining highest degree of food quality and personal and food safety.
Responsible for preventing injury due to improper or unsafe operation of equipment and following lock-out/tag-out procedures as well as all company safety programs and procedures.
Maintains a high state of safety awareness:
Keeps hands, body and clothing clear of moving machinery.
Observes proper lifting technique.
Pays special attention when walking or climbing stairways.
Is alert to movement of materials, condition of walking surface and other people in order to prevent possible collision or accidents.
Is at all times cognizant of personal and food safety. Follows all personal safety rules. If any food safety or quality problem (or potential problem) arises, elevates to Supervisor immediately or in a timely fashion, depending on severity of problem.
Fills in for other positions as assigned by supervision.
Adjusts equipment as necessary to insure product is being packaged to quality specs and standards. Checks equipment for proper operation and absence of foreign material. Checks all equipment and work area to insure quality standards and compliance is guaranteed.
Records the necessary production data to document conditions and events. Insures all BRC standards are in compliance.
Notifies supervision immediately if any change in the production schedule is noticed or if an error has been made.
Notifies supervision of any irregularities which occur during production, and equipment problems or safety hazards.
Trains/retrains as required by company training guidelines (i.e. annual GMPT).
Keeps equipment and area of assigned work clean and neat at all times. Assists other employees when possible.
During periods of unworked time or downtime, performs work as assigned by Supervisor.
Notifies Supervision of any equipment problems or safety hazards.
Does not change job procedures without authorization from Supervision.
Performs all other related assignments and training of other employees as required by Supervision. The above job description is not intended to be all inclusive but is to serve as a guideline for the job, and subject to change to meet the needs of Gold Medal Bakery or its customers. Preparation and Training Work requires a high school level of knowledge of several subjects in order to read, write and speak English and to perform arithmetic calculations, record data, prepare reports, keep records and/or deal effectively with other people. Work Experience Machine operation experience preferred. Analytical Ability Some analytical ability is required. Analysis is necessary to determine and make adjustments when needed in order to provide a quality product. Independent Judgment And Consequence Of Errors Independent judgment is often required. Some direct guidance is received from supervision and/or established procedures or instructions. The impact of errors would result in significant cost in time, money or quality product. Contact With Others Limited contact with people outside the company. Must have the ability to work in a team environment and communicate with other employees and supervision. Work of Others May have some responsibility for guiding the work of others, as assigned. ID: 2017-1044 Posting Salary: $17.55 External Company Name: Gold Medal Bakery, Inc. External Company URL: www.goldmedalbakery.com
Technical Product Specialist - Wrapping Systems
# of Openings:1
Coordinate, facilitate, and provide advanced level reactive and proactive technical support including, on-site and telephone support, mechanical/electrical/software quality, performance, and issue resolution. Interface with Hobart Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Field Service, Customers and Manufacturing groups during product development, beginning to end ensuring Service Readiness prior to product introduction. Provide team and project leadership.
- Provide advanced technical troubleshooting and repair assistance (telephone and on-site) to Hobart field organization.
- Facilitate resolution of equipment and service performance complaints received from end-users.
- Provide support to internal departments for resolving identified equipment and part issues.
- Provide installation supervision for new product introductions.
- Review warranty and contract claims for technical merit and process within approved limitations.
- Serve as technical advisor to the Sales and Marketing groups
- Contribute to Engineering design meetings for new product development and enhancements.
- Participate in the product development Stage Gate' process
- Develop and lead service readiness projects for new product introduction and existing product changes.
- Develop serviceable part lists, repair procedures, PM checklists, and Installation guidelines.
- Utilize available reporting or develop reports to quickly analyze and resolve quality/serviceability issues
- Work closely with QA and Engineering groups to duplicate, and provide resolution to, software and/or hardware issues
- Creatively develop proactive solutions/ideas for identified service issues
- Log incoming communications including but not limited to e-mails and phone calls for field support analysis.
- Assist with implementation of product upgrade and retrofit programs.
- Provide required level of support for product rollouts, introductions, upgrades, and retrofits.
- Contribute to development of Knowledge Models for TIS.
- Complete all compliance and training programs as assigned.
- Mentor and train other Technical Product Specialists and provide support as needed
- Additional leadership responsibilities as applicable to the role or projects
- Make time-sensitive critical decisions in manager's absence.
- Lead project roll outs.
- Create project plan and manage from start to finish.
- Make safety & health issues/concerns a priority and adhere to established regulations and guidelines.
- Associates Degree and/or equivalent ITW FEG experience
- 3 - 5+ years Technical Support, Engineering, QA or Food Equipment repair
- Mechanical, Electrical, and Software aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Must be proactive and display a high level of initiative
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Understanding and experience with ITW Tool box
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products to include Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Pivot, and PowerPoint
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances, remain calm in stressful situations and adjust plans to meet changing needs
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build trust and rapport with the field service team, business units and the sales teams
- BS/BA in Engineering, Electronic Systems, or Computer Science
- Advanced electrical / Mechanical / Software (Windows, Linux)
- Customer Service Experience / Help Desk / Supervisor
- Diagnostic logic development
- Experience with ITW FEG business and products
- Primarily office setting
- Customer sites and conditions will vary based on industry and product
- Ability to bend, kneel, climb when at customer site
- May be exposed to noise, heat, cold, slippery, wet conditions
- May be required to sit/stand/walk
- May be required to lift 35-65 lbs
- May be required to climb ladder
- Up to 15% travel possible
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Hobart Service is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW and Hobart Service are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all employees. To demonstrate this commitment, Hobart Service is tobacco-free (including e-cigarettes) on campuses and within company vehicles and maintains a drug-free workplace.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please contact Human Resources at to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Hobart Service considers all qualified applicants with a criminal history.
Associated topics: assistant, client support, customer support, help desk, information technology support, msword, support, technical support, technical support specialist, troubleshoot
Machine Operator - Finish Blade Operator
Albuquerque Asphalt is accepting applications for a Finish Blade Operator
Must be capable of finishing subgrade & base course for parking lots, roadways, and highways.
Minimum 2 years experience is required.
Hourly Rate D.O.E
Machine Operator / CNC Mill And Lathe Operator
1. CNC MILL AND LATHE OPERATOR
Responsible for operating machine tools to produce precision metal parts. Produces small batches or large quantities of metal parts. Ensure products meet precise specifications.Primary responsibilities
- Operate machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to produce metal parts.
- Review electronic or written blueprints or specifications for a job.
- Calculate where to cut or bore.
- Shape steel, aluminum, titanium, plastic, silicon and other materials.
- Determine how fast or slow workpiece is fed into machine.
- Determine how much material to remove.
- Select tools and materials for the job.
- Plan the sequence of cutting and finishing operations.
- Mark the workpiece to show where cuts should be made.
- Position workpiece on the drill press, lathe, or milling machine.
- Monitor and control feed rate and speed.
- Ensure workpiece is properly lubricated and/or cooled.
- Regulate temperature of workpiece.
- Detect problems by listening for specific sounds.
- Adjust cutting speed to compensate for harmonic vibrations.
- Monitor the accuracy of cuts.
- Replace dull cutting tools.
- Check accuracy of work against blueprints and specifications.
- Produce large quantities of parts.
- Determine how automated equipment will cut a part.
- Determine cutting path.
- Concert path, speed, and feed information into set of instructions for machine tool.
- Use manual and computer-controlled machinery.
- Write basic programs.
- Modify programs in response to problems.
Positions available to start immediately.
Apply in person:
5415 N 5th St Philadelphia PA 19120
If interested and meet qualifications CALL OUR RECRUITERS AT 215-224-9700 for more information.
Type: Full-timeJob Type:
Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour
2. MACHINE OPERATOR
On Site Personnel, LLC is seeking for experienced CNC machine operator to work with our gear manufacturing client located near Ivyland, PA
Pay: $12/hr. Hours Mon- Fri. 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Overtime is available
Responsible for operating CNC machine
Deburring parts with grinding wheel
Light assembly and packaging.
2 years of experience working in warehouse environment and operate machine.
Operating CNC experience is a plus
Mechanically inclined and good problem solving ability.
Good Math skills.
Attention to detail and fast learner
High school diploma
Apply in person:
5415 N 5th St Philadelphia PA 19120
If interested and meet qualifications CALL OUR RECRUITERS AT 215-224-9700 for more information.
Salary: $12.00 /hour
At Onsite Personnel, we consistently deliver quality, cost-effective staffing services with a comprehensive screening and training system to provide highly qualified workers for your business. Onsite Personnel takes pride in going the extra step to assure satisfaction of our customers. Our ever-growing client base is a testament to our dedication and hard work.
Concrete Pump Operator / Machine Operator
• Recommend measures to improve productivity/quality
• Requisition materials and supplies
• Resolve work problems
• Set up, loads and unloads machines and equipment
• Train staff in safety consciousness, and policies
• Maintains tools and equipment associated with concrete pumps mounted on trucks, platforms, or separate placing booms
• Experience as a construction worker an asset
• Good communication skills
• Great leadership ability
• Solves problems effectively
• Well organized
$16 - $20 /HR
Since 1975, Central Broward Construction is a full service commercial masonry contractor. CBC works in Dade, Broward, and West Palm Beach counties. CBC owns and operates all of our equipment. We are in need of a dedicated mechanic to keep all equipment SAFE and Fully Functional.
Fabricator / Polisher / Saw Jet Operator / CNC Operator / Machine Oper
We are looking for experienced Saw Jet Operators- CNC Operators - Fabricators/Laminators and Polishers
Experience is a plus- Must be Dependable- Team Worker- Able to Speak/Understand English- Must be able to lift 100 lbs (shop workers)
Pay Depending on Experience
We use the newest Technology and Sophisticated Tooling to help you do the job right with the highest Quality!
Daytime, Evening and Graveyard positions needed Immediately- We pay extra for you Night Owls!!!
Machine Operator / Production Operator
Now hiring 1st and 2nd shift at $11 hr to start
The Company offers a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k), 10 paid holidays, paid vacation and personal days. Manufacture of silicone-based sealants, adhesives and lubrication products, plus PVC foam materials, for a wide range of applications.. Currently, we are experiencing growth in our PVC Foam and Silicone Sealants and Adhesives divisions. Openings exist for experienced talent for 1st and 2nd shift production opportunities.
- Experienced Mixers (5+ years’ experience)
- Machine Operators
- Packaging Operators
- Quality Control Technician (5+ years ‘experience)
- Set up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
- Test operation of machines periodically
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Maintain activity logs
- Proven experience as a machine operator
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
- Understanding of production procedures
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Physical stamina and strength 15 lbs to 40 lbs lifting
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus
Machine Operator II 3Rd Shift
Manufacturing Facility Job Description I. Position Data JOB CODE TITLE Bindery Operator DATE 8/28/15 DIVISION Jeffersonville, IN DEPARTMENT Manufacturing SUPERVISOR Manufacturing Supervisor FLSA: Non-Exempt Mfg I
General Summary Operates various machines and equipment used in binding documents (statements, invoices, books, etc.) as well as hand assembles related printed materials by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Operates equipment such as punches, round corner, collator, foliotronic, and other bindery equipment to punch holes, fasten sheets together, or to perform other document binding functions such as collating, trimming, folding, stapling, and gluing operations.
Examines collated, bound, and unbound documents to ensure that pages are bound in numerical or folio order according to sample copy, and for such defects as imperfect bindings, ink spots, torn, loose, and uneven pages, and loose or uncut threads.
Performs various hand operations such as; inserting illustrated pages, extra sheets, and collated sets into kits, catalogs, periodicals, etc. as well as inserts sheets and applies labels to various products.
Wraps product in plastic, using shrink wrapping machine, packs products in boxes, and tapes lids of boxes shut appropriately for proper shipping.
Removes, stacks, packs, and transports printed materials in various stages of completion on pallets as it accumulates on delivery tables of specific equipment.
Maintain attendance according to facility guidelines as well as be able to work constructively with co-workers, supervisors, vendors, etc. in performing daily responsibilities.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. V. Minimum Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. VI. Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent is necessary. No other formal education or prior experience is needed. VII. Language Skills
Ability to read, interpret, and decipher general written instructions from documents such as work orders, safety regulations, operating procedures, or other job specific written documents. Ability to speak and communicate effectively with fellow employees. VIII. Mathematical Skills
Ability to perform basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimal. Ability to read and utilize a ruler.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
Physical Abilities Required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to stand and use hands to handle or feel various objects.
Frequently required to walk, reach with hands and arms, and climb or balance.
Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!