Candy Spreader Job Description Sample
Rose Forgrove 42 CW Technician
A little Sweet Talk: Sweet Candy Company, a family owned and operated manufacturer of confectionary delights is on the hunt for an experience Twist Wrap Maintenance Technician to take our candy production to the next level. The right candidate will appreciate and honor our 125 year history and be passionate about the culture of Safety and Quality, align with our core values; Respect, Accountability, Excellence, Professionalism and Continuous Improvement. Sweet’s offers a competitive salary, a full benefits package, profit sharing and a working environment that supports, recognizes and values your contribution to our overall goal of complete world harmony one bite of bliss at a time.
To keep our fleet of Rose Forgrove 42 CW Twist Wrap machines in top repair so that safe, high quality candy is efficiently produced. This includes, but is not limited to providing support in the following technical areas: general mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, boiler, steam and cooling systems, fabrication (welding and machining), pumps, gear boxes, variable speed drives, basic plumbing as the TW Tech also provides support for the overall operation as assigned.
Position Essential Functions:
- Has the highest regard for SAFETY ensuring that each shift ends with no workplace accidents
- Has the highest regard for QUALITY and CLEANLINESS so that all items produced meet or exceed established standards
- Has Twist Wrap machine maintenance experience.
- Has experience in an industrial/manufacturing setting, food or beverage industry experience is strongly preferred
- Possesses technical skills to provide advanced support in the technical areas detailed above
- Demonstrates a high level of troubleshooting, problem-solving and decision making skills that result in a safe and efficient environment
- Has working knowledge of welders, lathes, mills, torches, power tools, hand tools and is eager to learn about specific production equipment
- Is capable of reading and interpreting gauges of all kinds (pressure, temperature, manometers, humidity, etc.) ensuring appropriate diagnostics and maintenance actions
- Professionally and effectively communicates with all internal customers (peers, Maintenance supervision, Production Operators, Production Supervisors, etc.) while working in a self-directed manner so that the team succeeds in achieving goals
- Takes pride in craftsmanship/quality output, follow-through on tasks and doing their part to ensure a safe, high quality operation and product encouraging others to do the same
- Can use computers to access, understand, utilize and complete various content (internal forms, external research, etc.)
- Reads, understands and can apply information gained from basic data tables, handbooks, technical manuals, schematics (basic and ladder) in the relentless pursuit of improvement
- Follows written and oral instructions keeping supervisor updated continuously
- Maintains composure, focus, and professionalism under pressure minimizing stress and maximizing positive results
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position including, but not limited to, lifting up to 50 pounds on a regular basis, standing, walking, sitting, kneeling, stooping, bending, pulling, pushing, carrying, over-head lifting and reaching.
- Always conduct self with professionalism and in a respectful manner so that all interactions reflect positively on Sweet Candy Company
Sweet Candy Company requires successful completion of a drug screen and background check.
Interested? Email your resume to HR@sweetcandy.com . Please reference job number 211. Qualified candidates will be contacted.
Sweet Candy Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sweet Candy Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Quality Assurance Manager
Come join our 40 year old fun fast growing Candy Manufacturing Business. We are looking for smart creative and talented people to invest in and consider part of our family!! Food Safety is very important to us and we are looking for someone that shares in this same passion.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- draft quality assurance policies and procedures
- HACCP CERTIFIED
- SQFI EXPERIENCE
- interpret and implement quality assurance standards
- evaluate adequacy of quality assurance standards
- devise sampling procedures and directions for recording and reporting quality data
- review the implementation and efficiency of quality and inspection systems
- plan, conduct and monitor testing and inspection of materials and products to ensure finished product quality
- document internal audits and other quality assurance activities
- investigate customer complaints and non-conformance issues
- collect and compile statistical quality data
- analyze data to identify areas for improvement in the quality system
- develop, recommend and monitor corrective and preventive actions
- prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities
- identify training needs and organize training interventions to meet quality standards
- coordinate and support on-site audits conducted by external providers
- evaluate audit findings and implement appropriate corrective actions
- monitor risk management activities
- responsible for document management systems
- assure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree preferred
- certifications an advantage including Quality Auditor, Quality Engineer, Quality Improvement Associate, Six Sigma
- quality inspection, auditing and testing experience
- experience with implementation of corrective action programs
- product or industry-specific experience
- strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and databases
- knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of QA
- knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements
- attention to detail
- communication skills - verbal and written
- data collection, management and analysis
- problem analysis and problem solving
- planning and organizing
- customer service orientation
Health, Safety & Environmental Director
Spangler Since 1906The Dum Dums Company Health, Safety & Environmental Director Spangler Candy Company, a world class candy manufacturer is currently seeking a Health, Safety and Environmental Director to fill a full time position. The Health, Safety and Environmental Director is responsible for leading a culture of personal safety and managing the company environmental, health and safety programs.
Provides strategic direction and leadership to ensure alignment to world class HSEstandards. Ensure all HSE processes and procedures are implemented and standardized in a manufacturing environment. Partner with leaders to ensure alignment of HSE programs with business needs.
Ensure training programs are world class and comply with applicable health and safety regulations. Coach employees in all levels to embrace a culture of personal safety. Position qualifications: bachelor's degree in safety, business, engineering or equivalent field advanced degree preferred.
Ten (10) years of safety leadership experience in a manufacturing organization. Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize support activities. Strong analytical skills and interpersonal skills including the ability to interact effectively at all levels in the organization.
Proactive style and effectively take action to develop appropriate solutions. Strong computer proficiency in MS Office. Competitive salary and benefit package includes medical, Rx, dental, vision, accident and life coverage, paid vacation and holidays, 401k, company provided YMCA membership and tuition reimbursement.
Qualified individuals should apply to:http://spanglercandy.balancetrak.com Spangler Candy is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans with disabilities.The Crescent News. Keywords: Environmental Services Director, Location: Bryan, OH - 43506
Job Description: Job Description Human Resources Coordinator Primary Purpose The human resource coordinator is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the Human Resources Manager.
This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, HR administration, training, safety compliance, affirmative action and employment law compliance. Major Responsibilities ● Prepares new hire orientation packets and conducts new employee orientations to ensure employees gain an understanding of benefit plans, HR policies and enrollment provisions. This includes all levels of employees ● Conducts recruitment effort for nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; schedule interviews, updates and maintains the applicant tracking log, generates offer letters, schedules pre-employment physicals; and writes and places job advertisements ● Assist in coordinating and implementing plant safety activities, company policies, procedures and practices ● Maintains ADP, Kronos and Delta systems with new hires, terminations, leave, etc. ● Responsible for the weekly administration of payroll verification, i.e.
Kronos timecard reviews, PTO requests, terminations, new hires, and any other payroll changes ● Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in the implementation of personnel policies and procedures ● Creates and maintains employee personnel files and other departmental files in an organized and secure and confidential manner ● Creates and prepares HR reports as requested including, but not limited to, headcount reports. ● Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment ● Responsible for Cintas uniform account ● Assist in coordinating and implementing company sponsored events and employee recognition programs ● Assist with exit interviewing in the absence of the HR Manager ● Serve as a champion of Ferrara Candy Company's values and culture ● Ensure adherence to all company policies and procedures ● Perform other duties as assigned ● Possible travel for training Job Requirements ● General knowledge of employment laws in COBRA, FMLA, DOL and OSHA ● Experience in the administration of benefits, worker's compensation and other Human Resources programs ● Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping ● Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills ● Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality ● Excellent organizational skills ● Must be proactive as well as solve problems and make decisions in time sensitive conditions ● Strong presentation skills; ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization Education and Experience ● Bachelor's degree preferred ● Demonstrated 2-3 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment ● Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred Working Conditions This position requires knowledge and awareness of manufacturing and industrial sites. Protective gear will be required where appropriate.
Position requires ability to work varying start times and weekends dependent on business needs. Ferrara Candy Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by incumbents in this position.
This description of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive or to limit management discretion to assign other duties or responsibilities as necessary. SDL2017
Spreader (Entry Level Production Position)
The Spreader spreads encapsulated softgels onto trays, moves the stacks of trays into the drying tunnels and/or performs machine changeovers. This position also assists the machine operators with miscellaneous duties. The Spreader is an entry-level position where the individual is learning about the characteristics of a softgel and about the operations of the machine room department.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILTIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Essential job functions and duties include, but are not limited, to:
- Spreads softgel onto trays evenly for drying.
- Maintains supply of tray paper and empty trays at back of dryer.
- Arranges the stacks of trays in the drying tunnels appropriately.
- Helps machine operators by locating appropriate medicine and gelatin receivers.
- Throws gelatin netting into designated trash bins.
- Keeps mineral oil buckets filled for machine operator use.
- Empties vacuum cleaners.
- Cleans and maintains processing equipment, tools and rooms.
- Changes towels in drying baskets.
- Assists in machine changeovers.
- Assists machine operator in checking temperature of medicine or gelatin.
- Assists machine operator in checking specifications of the encapsulated softgels.
- Assists in monitoring running machines.
- Informs machine operators of poor quality softgels coming out of the drying baskets, malfunctioning machine parts, overflow of medicine hopper and any other irregularities during the production run or changeover/cleaning of the machines.
- Trains other employees on how to spread softgels, perform changeovers/cleanings of Softgel Encapsulation Machines and other duties associated with department duties.
- Follows established department SOP's, cGMP regulations, and batch record instructions.
- Complies with all Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations.
- Maintains a safe work environment and operates in a safe manner.
- Perform other job duties related to the job, as assigned by management.
- Good written and oral communications skills & techniques.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, rounding).
- Proficiency with 10-key calculator.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain a positive, professional, cooperative demeanor, conduct, and working relationship with peers, management, employees, and other individuals that interact with this position.
- Ability to comply, interpret and support Company policies, procedures, work rules, and protocols.
- Ability to adapt effectively to workplace changes and new job duties/responsibilities.
- Ability to represent the Company in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED Certificate; and/or
- Any combination of experience, education, and training that provides the level of knowledge, skills, and experience needed to successful perform the job.
Spreader Truck Driver
Qualifications: Must have a Class B License with Air brake.
Employer will train Duties: Plant work Drive to customers location, use truck to spread fertilizer per customers request.
Spreader Roll Assembler / Supervisor
Responsible for all aspects of spreader roll operations, at our Neenah, WI location. The supervisor is also responsible for planning, resourcing, directing and maintaining delivery schedules.
- Assign duties as needed and determine need for additional man power.
- Be aware at all times of hours remaining on customer work orders. Confer with customer service and sales of hours in backlog so they can accurately inform customers of shop capacity and availability.
- Emphasize continuous quality improvements to ensure products meet standards, are of high quality and are on schedule. Identify areas where there are problems and implement solutions.
- Identify ways to make the production process more efficient.
- Daily check of material to minimize inventory mistakes.
- Maintains equipment and tooling for assigned area.
- Ensure all HSE policies are followed through completely.
- Responsible for final product quality including customer requirements.
- Coach, teach, and train all under their responsibility on work processes in the spreader roll area.
- High school diploma required; Associate’s degree in technical field preferred.Experience
- Supervisory experience in a manufacturing setting for five (5) years.
- Knowledge of spreader roll manufacturing required.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Must be able to solve problems and react quickly to shop issues that affect production and job completion.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and courteously with all shop personnel in order to motivate them toward production goals safely.
- Proficient in assembly and disassembly of spreader rolls.
- Able to work varying hours and shifts including overtime.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints.
In addition to competitive wages, Valmet offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage as well as a company funded pension plan, 401k with company match, paid vacation and company holidays, short- and long-term disability, company paid life insurance, and Business Travel Accident Insurance.
Cashier - Candy Cabin - Part Time - Beaver Creek Resort
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do.
And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us.
Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak. Beaver Creek Candy Cabin is a Magically Unique candy store at the top of Strawberry lift. The Beaver Creek Candy Cabin Cashier is responsible for the accurate receipt of payment for products sold and stocking all product. This position is also responsible for maintaining a clean, well organized and well stocked stocked candy store. There are other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Extremely friendly and outgoing with a strong work ethic - required Able to communicate fluently in English - required Basic cash handling experience - required Able to stand or sit for long periods of time Able to lift up to 30lbs Able to follow all safety and sanitation rules and regulations Able to follow all the rules and policies of Vail Resorts Able to work weekends and holidays End of season commitment - required We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like.
Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities?
Then Beaver Creek is for you . www.vailresortscareers.com Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.Requisition ID [[id]]
Lay Up Table Fabric Spreader
Assist table operator in spreading, keeping a straight edge to one side, smoothing out wrinkles and loading/unloading the spreading cart. This position requires HEAVY lifting.
Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds. Assist in measuring, cutting with Wolfe Knife, pulling fabric through cutter and cutting and stacking fabric. Assist with Racking the Fabric rolls.
Must be able to add, subtract, divide and multiply. Must be able to distinguish colors and read and interpret a line gauge or measurements. Must be able to read and interpret job tickets, schedules, etc.
Must be able to identify and match/compare colors and variations. Physical demands also include standing, bending, climbing, kneeling, walking, pulling and lifting up to 70 pounds. This is a very physically demanding job.
Digital Designer - Hard Candy Beauty
Love Beauty? You'll love Hard Candy!!
The Digital Graphic Designer will work with the Digital and Marketing teams to create marketing, and website materials while ensuring brand consistency across all site and social media channels. In addition to a strong knowledge of graphic design, the designer will need to have a strong understanding of the digital/e-commerce space. The designer will be an extension of the Marketing team, applying creative solutions to drive conversion and a positive brand experience.
The ideal candidate will be strong conceptually, have a design sensibility in line with prestige/luxury beauty and be used to working in a fast paced environment.
MUST HAVE DIGITAL EXPERIENCE AND ONLINE PORTFOLIO TO REVIEW
- Design, & produce digital assets for e-commerce website updates and digital media campaigns including emails, display, and social network updates and photo retouching.
- Support brand aesthetic in all digital media including the look and feel of web pages including typography, graphics, color, layout, rendering designs in Photoshop, HTML and other creative software applications into useable elements of a working website
- Target consumer goals into creative concepts
- Be knowledgeable in design and content production for beauty brands.
- Ensure that content created is consistent with brand guidelines and can drive traffic and sale conversion
- Efficiently manage schedule, projects & related assets
- Collaborate with internal departments for design visions and goals
- Have an interest in all areas of design across beauty, fashion, trends, lifestyle and brands
- Solid understanding of the relationship between content, visual design, user interface, and user experience
- Strong prestige brand creative aesthetic. Beauty and agency experience a plus
- Advanced working knowledge and capabilities with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, Illustrator and other relevant web and graphic tools
- Has a working knowledge of HTML, capabilities of browsers and other user-centered design constraints within mobile and desktop environments
- Knowledge of web’s best practices
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment a must
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or relevant field of study
- Expert user of Adobe Creative Suite
- Complete understanding of production processes for print & web
- Strong layout, typography skills and experience using photography
- Exceptional time management skills- must be able to work well under tight deadlines
- A powerful portfolio that demonstrates a passion for design and results
- Self-driven, Innovative, “go-getter"
- Not afraid to think outside the box
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
- Sense of urgency and ability to handle tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Organized and efficient, paying close attention to details while handling multiple tasks
- Beauty and/or Fashion design experience required
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!