Canopy Stringer Job Description Sample
Pro Shop Associate- Stringer (Part-Time)
Job Title: Stringer FLSA Status: Exempt Department: Pro Shop
Ensure the IMG Tennis academy supplies the latest custom stringing expertise while also meeting the demands of the customer. Position Responsibilities
Provide proper support to custom fit each individual student’s Tennis needs
Stay up-to-date on all the latest stringing technology
Familiar with all type of string, string patterns, racquets, and stringing machines (Prince 5000)
Works with manufacturers on having the latest equipment
Greet all customers, rings sales on register, give correct change and sales receipt and bag merchandise.
Maintain floor standards, customer service standards and utilizes selling skills.
Assist with proper merchandising execution to maximize sales, earnings, and customer satisfaction.
Assist in developing floor standards, visual merchandising, customer service standards, and sales techniques.
Provide excellent service consistent with the academy’s core service standards and brand attributes.
Maintain a clean and organized selling area, replenishes stock as needed.
Follow cash handling procedures (including counting cash, checks, charges, etc. and completing settlement forms).
Suggest items and quantities for re-order.
Ability to assist with inventory and receiving product
Adhering to all company policies, procedures and business ethic codes
Other duties as assigned Knowledge, Skills and Ability
Retail and racquet stringing experience required
Experience playing or coaching tennis
Retail cash handling experience
Excellent customer service skills
Strong interpersonal skills to deal with business contacts
Professional appearance and demeanor
Effective communication skills, both written and oral
Desire to work collaboratively with colleagues
Excellent written and verbal communication skills Preferred Skill
Multi-lingual Physical Demands and Work Environment
Ability to lift, move, push and pull equipment or boxes in excess of 40lbs.
Should be able to handle outdoor temperatures for a reasonable period of time.
Must be able to move around campus which includes gym, turf, fields, etc.
Ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends and holidays is required Background Requirements
Requires a background check upon offer
Requires a drug check upon offer EOE, Veterans & Disabled ID: 2017-3487 External Company Name: IMG College External Company URL: www.imgworld.com
Canopy Creative Media And Arts Specialist
The Canopy Creative Media and Arts Specialist works in the Canopy Adult Day Program with participants 18 years of age and older. The Creative Media and Arts Specialist is responsible for planning and leading sessions each week focusing on volunteerism, vocational skill building, and functional use of vocational skills. The Creative Media and Arts Specialist also serves as a collaborative member of the Canopy team to support the day to day needs of all participants, even when not designated as the lead for a specific session. This position allows for an opportunity for staff to demonstrate creativity, program development, and leadership. The Creative Media and Arts Specialist also assists in the transportation of Canopy participants via the Canopy Caravan, The primary work day for the Creative Media and Arts Specialist is at the Main St location in Sugar Grove, but the start and end location may vary according to the needs of the program.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Lesson plan and implement structured session materials and activities for the following creative media and arts related sessions: Art, Music, Media, and Body Fusion including documentation of prepared materials
● Update supervisor as to the participant progress and needs within the sessions and apply feedback to ongoing sessions
● Lead designated sessions including providing direction for other Canopy staff and instructions on how to best implement planned activities and supports
● Under the supervision of the Canopy Program Manager, Program Services Liaison, and any acting substitute manager, provide instructional support, including generalization of academic and non-academic skills during individual and group sessions
● Implement Specialist, Liaison, Instructor, and Manager lesson plans to implement with participants
● Supervise participants and provide assistance as needed with activities of daily living, including but not limited to toileting, feeding, dressing, etc.
● Supervise and engage with participants during less structured times of the program day such as arrival, lunch coverage, dismissal, and Canopy Caravan
● Assist in setting up the program space by participating in printing, laminating, Velcroing and other clerical tasks as directed by the Manager, Liaison, Administrator, Instructor, or Specialist
● Support the Canopy Caravan component of the program by driving in the Canopy Vans with staff and participants to and from the Lisle location to Sugar Grove as assigned by the Canopy Support Specialist, Manager, Liaison, or Administrator, including performing all typical duties of support for participants
● Complete professional documentation including daily communication logs to families, behavioral data collection, accident reports, physical intervention and isolated time out forms, etc.
● Collaborate with Manager, Administrator, Liaison, Instructor, and Specialists to learn instructional and educational strategies as well as discuss participant programming and needs
● Participate in team meetings, All Staff Meetings, individual participant plan meetings, Intake Meetings, trainings, and professional development activities
● Complete any program needs as determined by Managers, Liaisons, Instructors, Specialists, and Administrators
● Support participants during Community Engagement, Outings, trips to Rich Harvest Farms, the Stables, and other community sites, by gathering appropriate supports before the trip, targeting appropriate focus areas during the outing, and closely monitoring participants to ensure their safety and that of those in the community
● Offer to help staff throughout the building if additional support is necessary in a situation with a participant
● Adhere to company policies and procedures
The responsibilities listed above are representative and not all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned by supervisors.
Knowledge and Skills
Ability to effectively communicate participant needs
Knowledge of relevant instructional strategies
Knowledge of autism spectrum disorders
Knowledge to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards
Knowledge of the use and maintenance of facilities and equipment
Knowledge of sensory and behavioral strategies
Knowledge of special education services and interventions
Knowledge of and comfort using technology, including but not limited to computers, iPads, Smart Projectors, Boardmaker, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs
Knowledge of relevant equipment for instruction
Minimum Job Requirements
● A current, valid Illinois State Board of Education Paraprofessional license registered with the DuPage Regional Office of Education required
● A Bachelor's Degree Preferred
● Minimum of 6 months experience in working in the field of special education, social services, developmental disabilities or other related fields required
● Must possess a valid IL Driver's License and proof of auto insurance
The Canopy Creative Media and Arts Specialist is a non-exempt position under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Salary is commensurate with level of education and experience.
The Canopy Creative Media and Arts Specialist follows the Canopy Staff Calendar.
Conditions of Employment
Pre-employment physical, drug screening, and criminal background check
Possesses appropriate professional credentials
Passing PCM training is a requirement of this position. Participation in PCM training and adherence to the Professional Crisis Management Association's guidelines require at least average physical fitness. Any physical limitations or conditions that may impact one's ability to participate in PCM training or PCM must be made known to Giant Steps upon application, as performance of various physical tasks is a bona fide occupational requirement of this position.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Work is typically performed indoors within the Main St, Sugar Grove facility
Moderate physical movement is required for the job
Moderate exposure to physical risk is anticipated
The noise level in this work environment varies from quiet to very loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continually required to stand, walk, sit, run, squat, kneel, crawl, climb, balance, crouch, talk, hear, smell, and see. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50+ pounds.
Annual Performance Review
An annual performance review will be conducted each spring by the supervisor.
The Creative Media and Arts Specialist will complete a self-assessment of his/her performance and submit the self-assessment to the supervisor two weeks prior to his/her annual review each spring.
Giant Steps Illinois, Inc. provides a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision coverage to all full-time employees who work a minimum of 30 hours/week.
Affirmative Action Plan/Equal Employment Opportunity (AAP/EEO)
Giant Steps adheres to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including: veteran status, disability, religion, race, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth or FMLA related medical condition, height, weight, familial status, marital status and genetic information.
This disclaimer is to acknowledge that it is highly probable that as an employee of Giant Steps Illinois, Inc., you are at risk of personal injury. Injuries may include, but are not limited to hitting, biting, kicking, scratching, and having hair pulled. The extent of some injuries may result in a break in the skin. All injuries must be documented according to the policies and procedures outlined in the Employee Handbook. Often, individuals are placed in this setting as a result of physical aggression or acting out behaviors that may prohibit them from participating in other environments. Our setting allows for these atypical behaviors. All employees are required to show proof of a Hepatitis B vaccination upon hire.
*Giant Steps Illinois, Inc. has the ability to review and change the job description when necessary.
We are seeking reliable, skilled, and experienced racquet stringers to join our racquet stringing service as contractors. In this role, you will be responsible for providing racquet stringing services for retail locations. We are seeking stringers that are dedicated and hardworking, with a passion for providing excellent racquet service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Applicants must have reliable transportation
- Applicants must be able to visit retail locations twice a week to pick up and deliver racquets or string racquets on site.
Requirements and Qualifications
- MRT or CRT certification desirable but not required
- Familiarity with all racquet stringing patterns
- Racquet Technician must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old
Applications will be kept on file through December 31, 2018 and will be reviewed as positions become available.
Athletics Tennis Stringer
Job Description Essential Functions: String tennis rackets for men’s and women’s tennis teams. We can train the person but anyone with experience would be great as we would like to get them started as soon as possible. General
String tennis rackets in a timely manner Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: We will teach you what is needed but if you have previous experience that would be helpful Experience: Prior stringing experience helpful but not necessary
Classification Number:* 901470 Classification Title: Athletics Tennis Stringer
Level:* Level A (General)
Posting Number:* STU00556 Location: Middlebury, VT Campus
Is this an academic year or summer position?:* Academic Year
Open Date:* 09/18/2017 Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:* Questions regarding this posting can be sent to Robert Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Quicklink for Posting:* http://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/15978
Production Worker - TFC Canopy
Company Information TFC Canopy, a division of Centurion Industries, Inc., specializes in the design, fabrication, and installation of aluminum composite panels. From the ground up, TFC designs, fabricates, and installs wall systems using ALPOLIC® aluminum composite panels as well as ACM panels from other manufacturers. We use these panels to develop free-standing canopies, wall systems, fascias, and walkway covers for a wide variety of applications. At TFC, we believe our employees are our greatest business asset, and we work hard to help them develop to be their best, to recognize them for their talents, and to provide opportunities to advance their career. Job Summary We are looking for self-motivated employees to perform multiple tasks while fabricating and assembling ACM and sheet metal products, according to layout plans, blueprints and other drawings. Job Requirements/Qualifications
Strong work history
Physically, workers must minimally be able to:
See well from a distance and at close range (either naturally or with correction)
Push, pull, lift, carry, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl or work at heights as required
Lift 50+ pounds
Ability to accurately read and use a tape measure
Ability to convert decimals
Ability to read prints and layout parts
Able to work overtime
Ability to use hand tools
Ability to understand how to handle flat metal sheets and ACM panels to maintain quality
Accomplish all functions as assigned by management Other Requirements
Pre-Employment Drug Screen and Physical
Attendance – Must be available when scheduled for work
Must be able to use time effectively and productively
Must perform quality, accurate, complete, well-organized, concise, analytical and well-articulated work
Must be able to communicate, understand and follow directions Benefits
Comprehensive Group Medical, Rx, Dental, & Vision Coverage
Short Term & Long Term Disability + 401K Retirement Plan with Employer Match
Flexible Healthcare & Dependent Care Pre-Tax Spending Plans
Years of Service Awards
Redwood Canopy Tour Assistant Guide
Training Dates for Redwood Canopy Tour Guide Trainees must attend each day of training from 9-5pm #1 Feburary 23-25, 2018 and March 2-4, 2018 #2 April 27-29, 2018 and May 4-6, 2018 #3 June 4-8, 2018 Casual Part-Time 0-35 hours weekly Position Objective: The Redwood Canopy Tour Assistant Guide is responsible for effectively guiding guests through a series of 6 interconnected zip lines and 2 suspension bridges on an engaging, informative, and exhilarating experience so that guest’s experiences are authentic, quality, and inspirational. They are also responsible to deliver excellent customer service to all guests by acting with a “guest comes first” attitude while following all operational policies and procedures to minimize risk and ensure quality program delivery in a manner consistent with MHA’s mission, vision and values. Key Job Accountabilities:
Properly fit, train, and monitor guests in the use of all personal protective equipment.
Meet curriculum delivery guidelines specific to the program and needs of the clients.
Attend monthly in-service rescue refresher trainings. May not guide if more than two months since last in-service.
Provides for an emotionally, physically, and spiritually safe environment with both guests and staff.
Assist with daily opening and closing of the tour, course, and support areas.
Conduct visual and tactile inspections of all hardware and equipment being used on tour.
Perform occasional course maintenance including trail work, scattering wood chips, working with volunteer programs, trimming, etc.
Report and log any safety concerns or incidents/accidents.
Provide peer reviews of your guiding partner after each tour. Supervisory
Ability to respect the Mount Hermon Association, Inc.’s (“MHA”) mission, vision, values and statement of beliefs. Of strong moral character and integrity. Education/Certifications/Licenses:
Some college education and/or equivalent professional experience desired, minimum High School Diploma or GED. (must be at least age 18)
Attend Canopy Tour Assistant Guide Training and pass both practical and written testing.
Requires current First Aid/CPR/AED certifications. Work Experience:
Previous experience in a customer service role.
Previous experience in a technical roped environment, ie. Ropes course or high angle work.
Previous experneice delivering curriculum or content to diverse populations. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Experience and a desire to work within a positive team setting with diverse people.
Interest in Redwood Ecosystem and stewardship issues.
Absolute attention to detail and safety.
Ability to maintain a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep the tour operating to standards and set a positive example for the guests and the team.
Must have good interpersonal and verbal communication skills and be sensitive, adaptable, professional, and articulate when dealing with guests and coworkers.
Ability to anticipate guests needs by constantly evaluating environment for guest cues. Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job:
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
Requires sitting, standing, squatting, stooping, twisting, the ability to lift/carry 40+ lbs.
Requires the ability to work in a physically strenuous environment.
Must be comfortable at heights exceeding 150 feet.
After training, employee must be able to rescue a 250 lb person at height using a variety of rescue techniques Additional Requirements/
Available to work weekends.
May be requested to work overtime for special program events.
Adherence to the basic principles as expressed in Mount Hermon’s Mission, Vision, Values and Commitment statements.
Adherence to company dress code and professional standards for personal grooming and appearance.
Satisfactory completion of background investigation as well as ability to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. *This job description reflects essential functions of this position. It does not restrict management’s right to reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. ID: 2016-1419 External Company URL: www.mounthermon.org
Seeking motivated, hardworking individuals to staff Production Technicians positions. Production Technician is responsible for but not limited to the following tasks related to supporting the manufacturing of Compsys parts per customer desired specifications:
Must be capable of lifting up to 20 lbs and working on their feet foe an eight hour shift.
Must be able to work with fiberglass, as the position will require hands on work with fiberglass parts working directly with manufacturing and/or finishing areas.
Will help support production of parts by moving tools, pulling parts out of molds, trimming, bagging and labeling fiberglass parts along with other activities.
Must be able to take direction from more experience employees in learning skills necessary to produce quality parts safely and consistently.
May also support prototype production of new products as necessary.
Previous experience with boat building, lamination and/or composites a plus.
Previous experience operating a forklift is desirable.
Ability to read and communicate in English is mandatory.
Local candidates only (no relocation is offered)
Compsys, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Today, Compsys holds additional patents on the Prisma Preform Technology and Manufacturing process. Many new products and product like extensions have been introduced including new stock shapes known as Prisma Beams, Lumber, Fillets, Planks and Stringer Beams, as well as resin infusion ready preforms. Our primary manufactuing facility includes over 40,000 square feet of production space. Tooling operations have recently been expanded to 8,000 square feet. All operations, including our Corporate Headquarters and R&D Facility, are located in Melbourne, FL.
Controls Engineer III
Do you want to make a bigger impact on the world? SunPower’s vision is to change the way the world is powered, and we are doing that every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team. SunPower is widely recognized as the global leader in high-efficiency solar for residential, commercial and utility markets. We operate in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia and are seeking talented people to join us in building a global clean energy future. SunPower is committed to the success of our company, our employees and the communities around the world that need us most. We support our employees’ commitment to their communities through a culture of volunteerism, and through The SunPower Foundation, which makes grants to green initiatives throughout the world. As a company, we operate with the highest sustainability standards. In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower.
SUMMARY OF ROLE SunPower is seeking a bright, self-driven, independent thinking engineer to be part of the world class Modules R&D group at SunPower Corporation. As part of the team, he/she will be responsible for the engineering design and sustaining of the P-Series Stringer toolset. The P-Series Stringer consists of a series of automation machines which use new manufacturing techniques to make solar modules. In your role, you will drive new innovation in cutting edge robotic, mechatronic, and machine vision techniques. This position will work closely with System R&D, Cell R&D, Reliability, New Product Integration and Global Manufacturing to implement new features and keep existing tools online in a fast paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
Own and lead development of the next generation of automation technologies for solar manufacturing
Debug issues with while sustaining existing designs by developing robust solutions to problems
Implement design decisions around new feature requests
Design contingency plans for critical machine updates
Analyze technical requirements with the team to gauge level of effort
Write technical documentation for new features that can be easily understood by peers
Test new features before large scale implementation to minimize bugs and downtime
Keep abreast of new technologies
Communicate with and drive vendors/partners for component procurement.
Enhance overall ability of SunPower to succeed in cost reduction projects, including opportunity identification, cost analysis, project planning, execution, and reporting
Work across department boundaries to form cross-functional teams per the requirements of individual projects
Support deployment of new concepts, tools, and processes in high volume global manufacturing
Minimum B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or related field.
5 years of experience in automation, mechatronics, robotics, or related field.
Deep knowledge in one (or more) of the following software languages C#, C, C++, Java
Extended experience with various industrial device communication protocols
Experience with data collection and storage
High ability to read and understand coded logic and debug issues
Ability to recognize impact / risks of adding new features in applications
Strong understanding of electro-mechanical principles and interaction between electrical and mechanical components
Hands-on experience in lab and production environments
Track record of successful delivery of software solutions for automation related projects
Ability to read and create electrical schematics
Ability to apply scientific problem-solving techniques
Quickly learns new technologies
Self-driven, motivated, with ability to work both independently and with diverse teams
Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
Strong customer focused attitude
Willing to travel to and work at SunPower manufacturing sites and/or suppliers up to 15% of the time
Expert in C#, ASP, .NET, MVC
Min 2 years’ experience working on controls for industrial automated systems
Demonstrated knowledge of IT and networking systems
Demonstrated track record for project management and ability to expedite new project introduction in a global environment
Strong communication, goal-setting, and project management skills
Ability to quickly process large amounts of information, assess critical path issues and drive timely to resolution
Equal Employment Opportunity The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
SunPower Supports EEO at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
Specialty Journeymen Welders - Sub-Arc
We are currently looking for a few Specialty Journeymen Welders with the skilled experience in Submerged Arc Welding. Must follow the designated WPS as specified on the applicable job card, weld plates together using Sub Arc machine with stringer pass. All interested candidates must review the below qualifications and experience with a submission of a detailed resume.
- Comply with company Health, Safety, and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Meet all company quality standards.
- Ensure documentation is complete and accurate in a timely manner.
- Read, interpret and understand job cards.
- Maintains and inspect equipment.
- Candidates must have 4+ years’ of recent sub arc welding experience
- Is certified and the ability to safely operate a lift truck up to 40,000-pound lift capacity.
- Basic reading, writing, and mathematics skills.
- Must pass Uni-Form Components standard Sub Arc weld test.
- Process knowledge of ASME code.
- Ability to Sub Arc-weld, Arc Air Gouger, FCAW stringer/Hot Pass.
- Ability to read prints and drawings.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to a manufacturing environment and extreme weather conditions
Sub Arc Welder
The Machine Welder’s primary responsibilities of welding steel plate of varying size and thickness per job specifications to meet quality standards. Machine Welders are to meet all Code welder requirements including: operating an Arc Air Gouger, Sub Arc and Flux Core welding Machine. Must be certified in: SAW 1G with 100% radio-graph inspection per ASME requirements. This positon reports to Shop Foreman.
· Comply with company Health, Safety, and Environmental policies and procedures.
· Comply with company policies and procedures.
· Comply with company Housekeeping policies and standards to maintain a clean and orderly work station.
· Comply with company no-smoking in designated areas and no cell phone policy.
· Meet all company quality standards.
· Ensure documentation is complete and accurate in a timely manner.
· Reads, interprets and understand job cards.
· Represent the company in a positive professional manner.
· Maintains and inspect equipment.
· Follow the designated WPS as specified on the applicable job card, weld plates together using Sub Arc machine with stringer pass.
· Sub Arc welds, 2PC blanks and cylinders.
· Must maintain 95% radio-graph test efficiency.
· Perform other duties assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
· Is certified and the ability to safely operate a lift truck up to 40,000 pound lift capacity.
· Ability to safely operate hand tools such as: grinder, hammer, wrench and pry bar.
· Ability to read prints and drawings.
· Basic reading, writing, and mathematics skills.
· Understands OD/ID.
· Ability to work well with others including all levels of management.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbal and written.
· Minimum 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Must pass Uni-Form Components standard Sub Arc weld test.
· Process knowledge of ASME code.
· Ability to Sub Arc weld, Arc Air Gouger, FCAW stringer/Hot Pass.
· High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred.
· Required vocational school training, related on the job training, or an associate’s degree.
· Ability to tolerate exposure to a manufacturing environment and extreme weather conditions.
· Ability to walk, stand, stoop, kneel, bend at the waist, and reach for extended periods of time on a daily basis.
· Ability to lift and/or carry objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
· Able to work 40 plus hours a week.
· Ability to wear required Personal Protective Equipment.
Serving areas in...
El Campo, Texas
San Antonio, Texas
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!