Capsule Filling Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Filling & Packaging Operator
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
1.Is responsible for the daily set up and operation of the complete filling and packaging line, consisting of the
bottle in-feed, unscrambler, labeler, bottle filler, bottle capper or cap torquer, inkjet code dater, check
weigher, bar coder, case sealer, palletizer and other equipment and conveyors associated with the line.
2.Is responsible for notifying supervisor or other authorized personnel of the need for packaging supplies or
other materials for the packaging line.
3.Is responsible for correct hose hookups and operation of control panels which control the flow of materials to
the packaging line.
4.Is responsible for meeting production schedules as outlined by supervision and for keeping written and
electronic records as required.
5.Under the direction and monitoring of department supervisor is responsible for the training of a replacement
6.Is responsible for set up and minor maintenance of all filling line equipment and will assist Maintenance as
7.Must be capable of performing proper palletization of finished or unfinished products and storing them in the
proper place as designated,
8.Must exercise extreme caution in order to not damage other material or property while operating moving
equipment and must at all times exercise extreme caution for the safety of other employees.
9.Is responsible for the proper filling, weighing, capping, sealing, casing labeling and coding of all products,
including liquids, creams and lotions.
10. Is responsible for the setup and adjustment of equipment when changing over various size containers on the
11. Is responsible for the adjustment of weights for various size containers on the filling lines.
12. Is responsible for turning in a written/electronic record of daily production along with other appropriate
documentation as required by management (i.e. cGMP and ISO procedures).
13. Is responsible for keeping equipment and surrounding work area clean at all times.
14. Is responsible for marking containers of hazardous waste, such as CIP Products, etc., as "Hazardous Waste".
15. Performs other duties as directed by Lead or supervisor.
High School Graduate or equivalent.
Ability to read and comprehend written instructions, safety warning labels, and machine instruction manuals. Basic math, writing and data entry skills.
Knowledge of liquid filling machinery, pumps, valves, piping and cGMP's desirable.
May be expected to move, carry, and lift approximately 60 pounds. May be expected to climb heights of approximately10 feet. Stand for long periods of time.
Good hand/eye coordination. Good peripheral vision, manual dexterity, able to read scales, dials and gages, able to wear personal protective equipment as required.
Equipment listed below (Specific Job Requirements) may be used as needed to assist in these Required Competencies.
Specific Job Requirements
(Equipment/Machinery Operated//Job Features)
- Automatic liquid filling machine, pumps, filters, scales, sealer, capper, valves, cap torquer, hoses, inkjet coding equipment and monitoring components to the line, monitoring all liquid filling line equipment, make hook ups from different lines, routine mechanical adjustments to filling line equipment and during line change over; primemover.
Performs necessary quality and inventory control data gathering and input in either written or electronic formats.
Ability to work minimal supervision, good communication and interpersonal skills.
STERIS is a $2B+, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
Req ID: 13166
Category: Manufacturing Operations
City: St. Louis
Postal Code: 63133
Nearest Major Market: St Louis
Job Segment: Medical, Equipment Operator, Data Entry, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Administrative
Machine Operator I
Uses a variety of equipment such as forklifts, conveyers, cranes, handcarts, and power trucks to move materials, parts, assemblies and finished products or goods within a plant, office or warehouse.
Responsible for packaging and storing.
What Warehouse Operations contributes to Cardinal Health
Warehouse Operations and Material Handlers are responsible for performing/controlling a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product.
This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc. Also responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point of product receipt from vendors to the shipment of products (via prescribed service parameters) to a variety of internal and external customers.
Must observe all safety precautions and regulations at all times in all areas where duties are performed. Will be responsible for reporting all safety hazards and potential unsafe working conditions. Must attend all monthly scheduled Safety Meetings.
Responsible for checking and refilling head and beard covers.
Unpack filling and put on creel buggies.
Bring required yarn to 2nd floor.
Weigh, track, and recycle waste.
Package cloth, complete packing slips and label boxes, and transport to warehouse for shipping.
Fill blue core buckets.
Perform housekeeping duties as needed in conform/tensor area. Clean wheels on ladders and cloth buggies. Empty trash basket and dispose in compactor.
Perform all other duties of as assigned.
Follow and implement all safety rules, plant rules, department rules.
Participate in Corrective Action Team Program.
Participate in Plant Safety Program.
Report all unsafe conditions in a timely manner.
High School Diploma/ GED or one to two months' related experience and/or training preferred
Good written communication skills
1-2 years' experience preferred
Proficient in Microsoft office preferred
Prior forklift certification preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Ability to read numbers in order to match tickets to corresponding cotton bales and to lay down sequence.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
What is expected of you and others at this level
Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks
Readily learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area
Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution
Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods
Adheres to all quality guidelines
Works under moderate degree of supervision
Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor
Refers complex unusual problems to supervisor
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum one year recent food manufacturing experience.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Good mathematical aptitude, with ability to add, multiply, subtract, and divide.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs regularly.
- Available to work overtime when needed.
- Ability to lift, stand, and stoop for long periods of time.
- Responsible for running the packaging lines as per Production Supervisor instructions.
- Provides leadership to general labor crew by giving direction and feedback in order to hit daily production schedules and goals.
- Responsible for flavor changes.
- Perform the necessary machine settings, change tools including Hoppers, Augers, Can Twisters.
- Adjust label sizes and fill weights for different containers.
- Load rolls of film on machines.
- Per shift, maintain equipment clean, weigh charts every half hour and record keeping as needed.
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State labor laws.
- Comply with HACCP and GMP protocols for Production.
- Perform QC protocols as required by supervisor.
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements as trained.
- Team member must ensure efficiency, operational conformance, product quality and continuous improvement.
- Follow GMPs, SOPs and safety rules in order to maintain a safe, quality conscience work envirorment at all times.
- Ensure good housekeeping in packaging area.
- Follow Sanitation Standards in packaging area.
- Notify the Supervisor of any packaging deficiencies and any food safety violations.
Assistant Machine Operator/Machine Operator
Set up, operate, or tend paper good machines that perform a variety of functions, such as rewinding, folding, printing, gluing, wrapping, boxing, or stacking of paper goods. Assistant Operators and Operators are also responsible for complying with the Lean Initiatives and following Standard Work Practices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
Ability to work safely and accident-free in all job functions.
Examine completed work to verify conformance to work orders along with all areas of quality, and adjust machinery as necessary to correct any issues.
Start machines and move controls to regulate tension of paper, to synchronize speed of machine components, adjust print settings as required, adjust winding parameters, folding parameters, and all down-stream equipment to meet the specifications of each product.
Ability to make machine adjustments using basic hand tools.
Install machine change parts to meet new product specifications.
Measure, space, and set all types of blades, anvils, and slitters, and printing plates/sleeves according to product specifications.
Place rolls of paper in machine back stands and safely thread paper through unwind, press section, embossers, slitting rolls, folding rolls, rewinder area, bag machine, etc.
Fill glue reservoirs.
Disassemble machines to maintain, repair, or replace broken or worn parts, using hand or power tools.
Able to run, troubleshoot, grade change all equipment i.e. unwind, press, bag machine, roll wrappers, case packers, bundlers, case stackers, folders, rewinder, etc
Able to meet daily production standards specific to each product.
Able to meet all quality standards to include completing the quality checklist.
Able to accurately complete the daily production report including down-time recording.
Able to enter into computer all required information as needed for each product.
Responsible for providing the necessary training needs to the team within the employee’s knowledge and capabilities.
Perform online quality inspections as required
Direct crew members as needed and ensure they are following all safe work practices.
The ability to demonstrate leadership skills on regular, consistent basis.
Keep work area clean, maintained, and organized while following the lean initiatives.
Responsible for food safety monitoring activities as assigned.
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned, including the crew member position as needed.
Regular attendance is required.
- Ability to effectively build positive relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Applied Learning
- Ability to participate in needed learning activities in a way that makes the most of the learning experience.
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Safety Awareness
- Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Technical Aptitude
- Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Analytical Skills
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication, Oral
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- The drive to achieve personal advancement.
Hours are 12 hour shifts on a 2-2-3 schedule
Days to Nights rotation-every two weeks
2 weeks day shifts/2 weeks night shifts
Machine Operator I - Thermoforming
Job Description: You can 'build things' anywhere . . . so choose to work for a company that values what you bring to the table, provides you with an opportunity to succeed, challenges your skills, grows your talent, makes safety a priority, and gives you the chance to build a real career – one filled with challenge, passion, pride, and satisfaction. Under general supervision, the Machine Operator responsibility may include, but are not limited to set up and operate production equipment in accordance with established procedures and guidelines to insure quality, safety, and efficiency standards are met to satisfy customer requirements. We put the 'fast' in fast food and the refinement in fine dining. We put the icy refreshment in sodas and the 'rocks' in signature cocktails. Be part of an industry that touches every life. Advance your career with the leader in foodservice innovation!
Essential Job Functions:
Read and interpret job order, diagrams, and/or blueprints to select, position, and secure machinery and materials
Operate manual and/or numerically controlled production machinery and equipment
Inspect product to insure conformance to quality, engineering standards, and customer requirements
Load, unload, lift, and move materials and product utilizing lifting equipment when available
Complete and maintain all associated electronic processes and paperwork (including but not limited to bar-coding, checklists, stamping, blueprints, shipping/receiving documents, accessory lists, and scanning of materials)
Perform pre-shift preventative maintenance
Maintain departmental housekeeping and 5S standards
Perform duties in accordance with current Quality Management System, Safety Management System, and Welbilt Code of Conduct requirements
Actively participate in safety training and demonstrate competency by effectively resolving safety issues or bringing them to the attention of management
Ability to read and interpret blue prints
Intermediate math and reading comprehension skills
Ability to read a tape measure
Basic ability to read, speak, and understand English language
Ability to demonstrate safe and effective operation of all required equipment
Stand and walk on concrete up to 100% of work day
Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch
Lift and carry up to 35 lbs alone and over 35 lbs with assistance
Ability to climb and balance
Ability to visually inspect product
Ability to use hands to reach and to handle or feel
Manual dexterity in hands for tool usage
Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment
Ability to work overtime
The Delfield Company – Covington, Tennessee manufactures and markets a complete line of foodservice equipment for restaurants, hotels and institutions (including prep tables, undercounter/worktop refrigeration, and blast chillers/freezers) and specializes in custom and reach-in refrigeration. The facility in Covington is a division of Welbilt, Inc.
salary:$10 per hour
date posted:Friday, September 21, 2018
job type:Temp to Perm
Randstad Staffing of New Philadelphia has partnered to a growing manufacturing company in Bolivar seeking to fill positions in their extrusion, printing and packing departments. Pay starts at $10.00 an hour, $12.5, after being hired on and completion of certifications, and up to $14.50 your second year. Also, after hired on full time benefits will be offered. Shifts run 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and run on a 2-2-3 on schedule, the 12 hour shifts swing every 6 weeks.
You will be trained as a machine operator in one of three departments: extrusion, printing or packaging.
Working hours: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
The ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Quality control and attention to detail.
Interested candidates should apply online, submit their resume and call the office at . Any additional questions can be sent to .
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
Part Time Machine Operator
People who succeed at Royal are those who share the values of our company: Integrity. Stewardship. Teamwork. Hard work. Excellence.
We're committed to being the employer of choice. Our goal is to build a culture of commitment where everyone is respected and valued. Where everyone participates. Where everyone matters. We give our employees the responsibility -- and the authority -- to make decisions. We try to provide the best possible work environment. We encourage creativity. We applaud ingenuity. We reward problem solving. And we recognize that we are only a part of our employees' lives. Our culture embraces the family. We celebrate accomplishments -- both inside the workplace and out. We aim to replicate the family structure on the manufacturing floor by establishing work teams committed to one another -- and to our customers.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply today! Royal offers a competitive wage and benefit package - including quarterly bonuses based on profitability, outstanding health insurance, ownership in the company through our ESOP (retirement) plan, and much more.
CNC Machine Operator - 3Rd Shift
Must have previous CNC machine operating experience where you had to program or enter job specs into a computer terminal!
Starting Pay Rate: Up to $14/hour Depending on experience
Third shift works Sunday-Thursday 7:30pm to 6am; Friday 6pm to 11pm (48 to 53 hours/week).
- MUST have woodworking experience.
- Must be familiar with industrial table saw operation.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances
- Programs mills by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Experience with setting up and operating a CNC machine
- Ability to read and interpret documents, blueprints, write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to understand general programming
- Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts
- Demonstrates mechanical aptitude
- Experience with basic measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, surface plate checks and optical comparators
Machine Operator - Mixer Operator
Our client is on the northwest side of Grand Rapids. Must have 6 months of industrial experience. Must be able to perform heavy lifting tasks throughout the shift. This is a physically demanding job. Positions involve opening bags of ingredients and dumping into machines.
3:50PM TO 12:00AM
11:50 PM TO 8:00AM
Hours may vary.
*Running a machine
*Packing, line work
*Inspection of bakery products
*Industrial / manufacturing experience
*Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
*Able to comply with GMP policies
*Pre-employment drug screen and nationwide background check
Experience the Williamson Difference:
*Great Benefits (Health Insurance, Vacation Pay, 401k, Referral Bonus, Weekly Pay, Verizon Discount)
*Locally owned and operated
Celebrating 25 years in business
Williamson Employment Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in the assignment of its employees on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability or veteran status. Discriminating orders will not be honored.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!