Caption Writer Job Description Sample
Caption Specialist (Lewsiville Call Center)
Captioning Specialist (Support Center) Lewisville Center
- All Lewisville employees will train and work in Irving until late November * Lewisville employees receive a weekly gas stipend once training & nesting is completed Captioning Specialist (Support Center) Do you have a passion for helping people? Do you want a job where you get to make a difference in someone s life every day?
Become a Captioning Specialist today. Stellar USA is a rapidly growing company with career advancement opportunities. Stellar offers employees a casual and diverse work environment and an amazing employee incentive program.
Stellar been creating better customer relationships since 1997, and has locations in the US, Australia, and Asia. Imagine not being able to communicate with family and friends via telephone. There are people from all walks of life that are unable to communicate by telephone due to some type of hearing loss.
Here at Stellar USA we provide live telephone captions for the hearing impaired; By providing this service, people who suffer from hearing loss are able to read what is being said during their phone conversation. We are looking for caring individuals who have a passion for helping people to provide this service. What is a Captioning Specialist?
Lewisville https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8qyI07ULnA Benefits Stellar USA offers a competitive benefits package for full and part time employees. 9 paid holidays, 8 Paid vacation days, and 5 paid sick days. (Accrued in the first year) Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k benefits after 90 days of employment. Performance -based bonus incentives. Employee referral bonus.
Stellar USA is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer and drug free and tobacco free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law. Job Responsibilities Captioning Specialist must be able to listen to live phone call conversations and repeat what is heard promptly into voice recognition software.
Required Skills Captioning Specialist Must have a clear speaking voice and be able to enunciate quickly and accurately. Strong oral and verbal communication skills, including spelling. Must be able to hear and speak clearly.
Must have strong memory recall and excellent reading skills. Ability to use Voice Recognition Software. Maintain strict confidentiality and professionalism.
Must bring a positive attitude to work each day. Must be a team player. Employment Requirements High school diploma/equivalent.
Clean background. Seeking long-term employment Flexibility must be able to work shifts based on the needs of the business.
Video Editor - Closed Caption - Freelance 2017-2018
Pac-12 Network is seeking a freelance Video Editor- Closed Caption who will thrive in a quickly growing, fast-paced, collaborative environment.
This position reports to the Senior Project Manager – Production and is responsible for creating and maintaining the content and integrity of Pac-12 Enterprises' Closed Caption video content throughout the edit environment.
The duration of this position is from August 2017 - July 2018 and will approximately 20-40 hours per week. RESPONSIBILITIES: Primary responsibility is to help in the creation as well as delivery of Closed Caption content necessary for re-broadcast and post produced programming, specializing in video editing in short and long-form assets. Learn and use repeatable, streamlined editing processes, but with a special emphasis on implementing Pac-12 Network's integrated edit systems that is "quick turnaround based" within MAM system.
Use of video editing systems, Adobe Premiere CC and Dalet Timeline, to create content. Ability to own projects from inception to completion. Handle and incorporate content elements provided by Creative Services.
Use these content elements according to Network Brand and Style guidelines with direction from Manager – Pre/Post Event Content and the Director of Post Production. Work with Programming, Media Management, and BITS departments to successfully deliver file-based assets on deadline. REQUIREMENTS: Minimum 2-3 years of prior work experience in studio television production or sports television or digital media industry.
Ability to work "off" hours i.e. late night, weekends, possibly overnight. Advanced use of editing software (Adobe Premiere and Dalet) and other contemporary editing software as preferred. Previous experience with Closed Caption workflow desired.
Background in editing and media management. Ability to efficiently handle post-production projects with multiple episodes and extended timelines. Strong problem identification and reporting skills.
Portfolio of relevant editing projects. Passionate about Collegiate Sports, particularly Pac-12 Sports. Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written communication skills.
Effective interpersonal skills; good judgment and ability to interact with different levels of management and teams. Demonstrated ability to prioritize under time constraints and work successfully in a fast-paced environment. Experience working in a culturally diverse organization and supporting the values held by our unique employees, clients, sponsors, university faculty, and fans.
Ability to tell and/or maintain a storyline with rhythm; explicit attention to detail. SDL2017
Financial Process Writer / Technical Writer
Req Ref No: GPILFP26-66 Location:
Northbrook , IL Duration: 3+ months Description Description: The Financial Process Writer will create workflow documents and training materials focusing on functions specifically related to cash flow statements, GAAP and Statutory reporting. Create, update, and maintain multiple documentation deliverables including process work flows and step by step process instructions. Work closely with the team(s) by observing or interviewing individuals and document processes Develop and edit content according to established standards and procedures
3-5 or more years of process writing experience Experience working in financial services and exposure to Investments preferred Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail Ability to quickly grasp complex concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures Ability to organize a variety of tasks through to completion Excellent communication abilities Proven ability to create clear instructions Strong people skills and ability to work in a team Energetic team player
Information Assurance Technical Writer - Senior Technical Writer
Job Location: Fort Belvoir, VAJob Title: Information Assurance Technical Writer – Senior Technical WriterPosition Summary – This position is contingent upon contract award. Under general supervision, edits and rewrites documents for grammatical, syntactical, and usage errors, spelling, punctuation, and adherence to standards. Proofreads documentation and graphics for accuracy and adherence to original content; provides quality control checking for documents received from photocopying and word processing; assembles Master copies, including graphics, appendices, table of contents, and title pages; assists in scheduling printing, and copying. Assists in document tracking and logging, and consults with technical staff to determine format, contents, and the organization of technical reports and proposals. Assists in collecting and organizing information required for preparation of user's manuals, training materials, installation guides, proposals, and reports. Edits functional descriptions, system specifications, user's manuals, special reports, or any other customer deliverables and documents.. Duties and Responsibilities * Write technical materials, such as equipment manuals, appendices, or operating and maintenance instructions
Analyze developments in specific field to determine need for revisions in previously published materials and development of new material
Arrange for typing, duplication, and distribution of material
Assist in laying out material for publication
Confer with customer representatives, vendors, plant executives, or publisher to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication
Draw sketches to illustrate specified materials or assembly sequence
Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel
Interview production and engineering personnel and read journals and other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods
Maintain records and files of work and revisions
Observe production, developmental, and experimental activities to determine operating procedure and detail
Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology
Review manufacturer's and trade catalogs, drawings and other data relative to operation, maintenance, and service of equipment
Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding
Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
Select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material
Study drawings, specifications, mockups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating.
* Five (5) years of relevant Technical Writing experience
DoD Secret Clearance
Must be eligible for IT II * Relevant certification meeting DOD 8570.01 IAM level III: CISSP, CISM, or GSLC
Additional Desirable Skills and Knowledge* * Associate’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Should have intermediate knowledge in desktop publishing software, and be proficient in applications such as, Microsoft Word
DRS Technologies, Inc.* DRS Technologies is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Finmeccanica S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com. Company Overview DRS Global Enterprise Solutions, Inc. successfully delivers quality systems and services to CONUS and overseas units. Our systems solutions encompass broad data distribution networks and complex telecommunications systems for data, voice and video applications over integrated satellite, terrestrial, and wireless networks. Our proven service history of engineering, installing, operating and maintaining innovative, low-risk, and cost-effective communications resources illustrates our commitment to supporting military, commercial, and relief efforts at home and around the globe. DRS Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #CA #CS
Automotive Service Writer
Automotive Service Writer (Richmond, VA)
Compensation: Hourly rate based on experience
Employment type: Full-time M-F 8-5
Mobility Supercenter has been providing mobility products for the home, auto and lifestyle for over 23 years, with four locations in Virginia and South Carolina. We are a NMEDA QAP Certified Dealer for accessible vehicles and equipment. Our Richmond, VA location is currently seeking a full-time Automotive Service Writer to assist clients requiring installation, service and repairs for their automotive needs.
Mobility Supercenter has a world class facility and Shop. You will be working in a great atmosphere of people as well as a climate controlled 18 Bay Shop. We have a great team-oriented environment, competitive non-commissioned wages, paid holidays, vacation and personal days, voluntary and supplemental benefits, benefits allowance plan, telemedicine membership and ongoing training opportunities. We are excited to offer this important position, come and work with a growing company and industry.
The chosen candidate must possess the following Skills/Competencies:
Exceptional Customer service skills
Good telephone, oral and written skills
Strong Communication/listening skills
Problem Solving/Decision making skills
Conflict Resolution/Relationship management skills
Organizational skills with strong attention to detail
Ability to work independently, and with minimal assistance
Possess a positive and outgoing personality
Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism when faced with a challenge
Computer skills to include Outlook, QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Suite
Duties/Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
Inbound and outbound telephone communication with clients
Collect client concerns and needs related to repair/installation/service
Collect/update client/vehicle information
Identify materials/parts needed for each repair/installation/service
Create and update work orders
Create and update purchase orders to be communicated with the Purchasing Officer and/or Parts Department
Manage technician’s workflow in and effective and efficient manner
Communicate/coordinate with sales/service staff as well as vendors
Greet clients and assist, as needed
Effectively communicate with client regarding status of service and recommended services
Review manufacturer and technician recommendations with client
Promote customer engagement in positive and approachable manner
Address client concerns with professionalism, courtesy, dignity and respect
Lifting of equipment is occasionally required.
3 years in the automotive service industry
Familiarity and experience with a CRM system
Qualified candidates must also:
- Have a valid driver's license with clean driving record
- Have a clean criminal history record
- Pass a pre-employment drug test
- Be comfortable working with and around persons with disabilities and seniors.
- Maintain a neat and clean workspace at all times
- Attend required training
- Love what they do, are passionate about customer service, quality work and meeting the needs of customers
We do E-Verify for Employment Eligibility Verification.
Information Technology Writer And Editor
This role centers on increasing the quantity, value, and consumption level of written deliverables (syndicated and project-based) across various IT-related research areas.
The IT writer accomplishes that goal by working with senior analysts to co-draft and finalize a stream of perceptive, actionable written deliverables in line with clients’ expectations for thematic focus and quality.
To be considered, candidates must have:
- Superior writing ability (with samples), enterprise IT industry knowledge/expertise, and an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under deadline.
- At least five years of experience in one, or preferably more, of the following fields:
- IT industry analysis and market research. (Previous IT analyst/firm experience is a plus but not required.)
- IT journalism.
- IT vendor marketing, product marketing, sales, or consulting.
- Contract writing for information technology clients.
- Professional services consulting.
- Education - BA/BS required.
The IT writer is expected to:
- Develop and maintain an understanding of two IT research areas initially—networking and cybersecurity—and have broader-level familiarity with cloud computing, storage, data management, and other IT areas to be determined. The IT writer's knowledge must cover the market forces that drive a particular IT segment, the major vendors operating in the segment, the common purchasing-decision criteria for technologies in the segment, and the macro-level challenges facing vendors and end-user organizations.
- Work with senior analysts to structure, co-write, edit, and update briefs, white papers, scripts, and similar deliverables. This effort may include interacting with the senior analysts to add key points, converting conference presentations into briefs, reworking content originally created as custom projects, and helping senior analysts to convert their observations and insights into a greater number of client-commissioned and syndicated pieces.
- Work with senior analysts to create research reports, including preparing outlines, identifying key takeaways, uncovering supporting facts, and ensuring that reports align with the research area’s larger body of content.
- Work with senior analysts to identify areas in which more primary or secondary research may be needed, and then collaborating with ESG’s market research staff to create or obtain that information.
- Fulfill clients’ requests quickly and completely (i.e., taking client phone/email inquiries, incorporating client edits into drafts, and noting questions not answered in ESG’s current body of research).
- Identify existing content that could be delivered in complementary formats (i.e., infographics, podcasts, webinars, or presentations), working with the senior analysts to develop those deliverables.
Summary of Desired Capabilities
- Professional-caliber writing and editing skills.
- IT industry experience in cybersecurity and networking.
- Research and analysis skills.
- Project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn new topic areas quickly as warranted by projects.
- Ability to take initiative and be comfortable working independently.
- Ability to work in a small, entrepreneurial “IT think tank” environment.
Automotive Service Advisor / Service Writer
Business is great at Ferman, and we have immediate openings for experienced service advisors at our BMW/MINI stores in Palm Harbor and our Ford/Mazda stores in Clearwater. Seeking hardworking, dedicated and enthusiastic individuals with excellent customer relations skills. Previous experience with BMW, MINI, Mazda and/or Ford vehicles a huge plus.
Responsibilities of a Service Advisor at Ferman include, but are not limited to:
- Greeting guests, scheduling service appointments and receiving vehicle information.
- Listening to requests of the service desired and clearly explaining information on the repair order.
- Referring the technician to the customer and/or test-driving the vehicle to confirm source(s) of service repairs.
- Estimating the cost and time needed to do the repair, taking into account the guest’s schedule.
- Handling guest complaints and maintaining high guest satisfaction standards.
- Periodically checking on the progress of the vehicle during servicing and contacting the guest when technicians discover additional problems; getting guest approval to do additional work and explaining the work performed and the charges being billed.
- Must strive for top GSI on a daily basis/meet GSI goals.
The Ferman Motor Car Company, located in Tampa and West Central Florida, is growing rapidly and looking for motivated individuals to join our group. Team spirit has ensured Ferman being a consistent leader in Florida’s automotive retail Industry since 1895.
We are looking for career-minded team members who exhibit a positive attitude, have a strong desire to earn money and display a willingness to learn. Your buzz words should be “Attitude, Energy and Enthusiasm”. We actively work to provide a safe, healthy and drug-free workplace for our employees, guests and vendors. We encourage positive thinking, showing gratitude, and celebrating wins!
- Previous Experience Needed
- Strong Communication Skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- General Knowledge of Vehicle Mechanical Operations
- Paid Vacation
- Generous Pay Plan with up to $60,000/year earning potential
- Medical and Dental Benefits
- Great Work Environment
- Schedule with great work-life balance
Ferman BMW and MINI of Tampa Bay
31400 U.S. Highway 19 N, Palm Harbor, FL
Ferman Ford and Mazda of Countryside
24791 U.S. Highway 19 N, Clearwater, FL
Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace
Career Opportunities: Technical Writer (2646)
The Technical Writer develops, writes and edits material for reports, instructions and operating, service, maintenance, and repair manuals and related technical and administrative publications concerning the work methods, procedures, installations, operations, repairs and maintenance of components, assemblies and complete machines.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Absent undue hardship reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assists senior technical writer with department technical writing and content administrative duties.
- Assists with preparing reports, briefs, proposals, instructions and related technical and administrative materials for publishing.
- Assists with the development of work methods, procedures and installation, operation, repair and maintenance procedures.
- Observes production, assembly and development to determine operating, maintaining and repair procedures and details.
- Collaborates with SME, production, engineering and service personnel, read journals, reports and other materials to become familiar with product and production methods.
- Gathers and researches information to procure documentation for various manual outputs.
- Develops material for the end user that is clear, concise and easy to understand.
- Reviews manufacturer’s and trade catalogs, drawings and other data relative to operation, maintenance, repair and service of components and equipment.
- Organizes material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology.
- Maintains records and files of work and revision history.
- Edits, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers, service or engineering personnel.
- Consults with technical team leads, engineering, service technicians and other subject matter experts to ensure common understanding of publications and related materials to be generated.
- Assists in maintaining cataloging systems, records, files, electronic media and archiving of information for publications for business references.
- Uploads manuals and technical information to the content delivery portal.
- Receives translated files from translation vendor and creates alternate language manuals based on truck commissioning schedules.
- Reviews of published material, revision changes, format, and content accuracy.
- Assists in preparing material for technical seminars and business forums.
- Assists in maintaining content changes and updates to publications..
Position Specific Competencies:
Applies the required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) in the performance of essential job duties:
- Skilled in grammar, technical writing and editing skills.
- Skilled in word processing, spreadsheets, electronic authoring, and database management software.
- Knowledge and understanding of Simplified English.
- Knowledge of XTML, HTML & XML authoring, and graphics for various media publications, i.e. web- based publishing.
- Knowledge of ERP System as it relates to truck Bill of Material (BOM) structure.
- Working knowledge of Arbortext Editor (XML authoring) and Acrobat Pro.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and utilities.
- Ability to interpret complex instructions into clear, concise directions.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Education and Experience:
Associate’s degree (A.A.S.) in communications and publications, and a minimum of two (2) years of practical experience; or a Technical degree from an accredited institution in a related field and at least four (4) or more years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expected to travel nationally and internationally up to 20% to customer or supplier sites.
- Ability to obtain and maintain mine certifications or safety training such as Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) hazard training.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
What we offer:
- Interesting and responsible role in a successful company.
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days.
Automotive Service Advisor / Service Writer
AutoLenders is looking for a professional, sales driven, customer service oriented and experienced Service Advisor. Do well and you’ll have a great future here since we love to promote from within.
Auto Lenders isn’t your typical car dealership. In fact “dealership” is a bad word around here. We offer a no-haggle, no-hassle business model where quality and customer service are key. It’s no wonder we’re the largest pre-owned auto dealer in New Jersey, with 7 locations!
The optimal candidate will have prior service department experience and exceptional communication skills. For that, you’ll get:
- Competitive Salary
- Monthly Incentives
- Annual Performance Based Bonus
- Annual Performance Based Salary Increase
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance Benefits
- 401k with a Company Match
- Generous Paid Time Off Program
The Service Advisor position at Auto Lenders interacts with service technicians, parts and service vendors and all levels of store and corporate management:
- Proactively greet customers, perform vehicle check in evaluations and assist customers with their service issues and maintenance needs from start to finish.
- Effectively schedule customer service appointments, confirm appointments, make proactive service campaign calls.
- Provide customers with an optimal experience, by providing a high level of customer service.
- Thoroughly address the customers’ issues and/or needs and guide the customers to the solution that best solves their service issues or maintenance needs.
- SALES FOCUSED, WITH THE ABILITY TO UP AND CROSS SELL NEEDED MAINTENANCE AND PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE ITEMS.
- Highly organized, polite and knowledgeable professional with the passion to advance his/her career.
- High level of energy and able to operate in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Passion for the business and role he/she will play in a successful organization.
- Technical comprehension and understanding of a vehicle is desired
- Experience working in a service department as a quick lane advisor or service advisor is desired.
We're called Auto Lenders for a good reason. Our long-standing, direct relationship with regional banks means we can cherry-pick the very best off-lease vehicles.
Auto Lenders isn't your typical car dealership. In fact "dealership" is a bad word around here. We offer a no-haggle, no-hassle business model where quality and customer service are key. It's no wonder we're the largest pre-owned auto dealer in New Jersey, with 7 locations!
Auto Lenders certified vehicles are featured at our 6 New Jersey showrooms in Voorhees, Williamstown, Toms River, Lakewood, Egg Harbor Township, and our newest location in Princeton. They all get certified at our state of the art Certification Center in Winslow, one of the largest automotive reconditioning facilities in the country!
Encore Technologies is seeking a Technical Writer II.
· Develop, enhance and maintain user documentation for tools and applications
· Develop on-line source documentation as needed
· Maintain doucumentation libraries
· Identify, create, revise and maintain document templates
· Ensure appropriate control/access to documents and templates
· Ensure content and format is consistent across all documentation
· Complete documentation services requests as needed
· Collaborate across Technology and Business teams
· Partner with the appropriate teams to expedite issue resolution and manage to SLAs.
· Determine procedures for version control
· Assist other Technical Writers as needed
· Educate Technical and Business groups on the need for standard documentation
· Make recommendations on documents needed by technical teams
· Identify and initiate continuous improvement opportunities
· Develop measurable and realistic work plans
· Provide time estimates for projects
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!