Caption Writer Job Description Sample
Technical Writer - Journeyman
Job Location: Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Salary: Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Clearance: Secret (must be current and active)
Travel: Up to 25% CONUS and potential OCONUS
To provide program management, business, acquisition and engineering support services to augment PEO C3T’s core Government personnel and turn-key solutions to support the missions of the PEO and its associated project managers (PMs) and customers. This support will be conducted in close coordination with project leads from the various PEO C3T program offices.
- Assists in creating, updating, coordinating, and staffing T&E documents that are managed under PEO C3T;
- reviews and analyzes current draft and/or approved versions of PEO C3T Test and Evaluation Master Plans (TEMP), Test Plans, Test Reports, and other program documentation for consistency, conformity to C4ISR requirements, adherence to higher headquarters directives, program impacts due to changes, etc. and provide appropriate comments to the PEO C3T;
- reviews program documents for consistency of schedules, test strategy, and force level interoperability requirements;
- coordinates with affected subordinate PMs to execute modification to TEMPs; participates in test and evaluation IPT on behalf of PEO C3T; assists the combat developer in requirements research by ensuring requirements can be achieved with either current or anticipated technology;
- evaluating and balancing user desires against anticipated budget expectations;
- assisting and educating users to encourage the development of testable requirements;
- Provides support in preparing briefing packages for presentation to high level leadership.
- Bachelor's Degree required, in Business or related discipline preferred.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in writing, editing and managing technical documentation and operator/maintenance manuals for military systems and equipment.
- Four (4) additional years of direct, relevant, technical experience; or four (4) years of relevant military service may substitute for Bachelor's Degree requirement.
- Experience with DoD 5000, DoD program of record (PoR) documentation, US Army and C4ISR abbreviations and acronyms, proficiency in MS Office and Adobe Acrobat software.
About the company:
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – Fresh Beanies
- 401(k)with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year
Sr. Technical Writer
Location :Santa Clara, CA.
Works closely with internal and/ or global partners to write, edit, and publish IVD laboratory requirements for internal and/ or customer facing documentation. Partner with Life Cycle teams to work on and complete existing and new documentation projects. Assists in the planning and completion of improvements to documentation and writing processes. Assists in the coordination and maintenance of corporate standards as they pertain to documentation.
The Technical Writer is first in the series of two jobs. The employee collaborates with cross functional teams to create and maintain technical documentation for IVD lab processes in accordance with the prescribed documentation standards and compliance requirements.
Provides editing/ writing to technical teams as needed for IVD laboratory process and procedures. Works closely with cross functional project teams and other technical writers for writing projects and conducts formal review meetings, tracks project status and resolves any communication barriers. Facilitates the timely development, change, review and approval of documentation. Designs, develops, tests, and maintains documentation for IVD laboratory requirements within established schedule and budget targets. Creates, writes and edits high quality text using corporate and department style guidelines. Reviews submitted documents to verify references, grammar and formatting. Verifies proper templates and revisions were used. Uses desktop publishing tools skillfully to produce efficient and accurate documentation. Manages project workspaces and workflows within the EDMS system. Interacts with interdepartmental teams to create, review and approve documentation. Manages the approval process to ensure the timely release of documentation. Provides guidance and direction to technical teams as needed. Develops and revises Quality System documents, such Guidance Documents, Work Instructions, and Templates to drive consistency and quality of content in user documentation. Communicates effectively with interdepartmental teams and external vendors/customers during activities such as the production and process of translation. Maintains departmental tools, processes and libraries. Assists with activities required for maintenance and publication. Assists in improving existing documentation practices. Trains and mentors other technical writer staff. Follows the Quality System regulations and participates in audits as needed.
Central Business Solutions, Inc,
37600 Central Ct.
Newark, CA 94560.
Gathers, analyzes, translates and composes technical information into clear, readable documents to be used by technical and non- technical personnel. Composes technical documents including, user's manuals, training materials, installation guides, proposals, and reports. Edits functional descriptions, system specifications, user’s manuals, special reports, or any other customer deliverables and documents. Conducts research and ensures the use of proper technical terminology. Collaborates with internal and external customers on the development of documentation. Assist in maintaining documentation, presentations, matrices, and other project related information in the normal upkeep of project. Maintains documentation on organizational web pages.
Responsibilities:gather, analyze and compose technical information into clear readable documents, develop documentation, maintain documentation on organization SharePoint sites
Desired: experience with Jira SM/Remedy, Agile, DODAF Ver 2.0 and Visio. Experience in writing SOP, CONOPS, and other technical documentation a plus.
COMSO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Technical Writer IV
You will work onsite at the George P. Shultz National Foreign Affairs Training Center in Arlington, Virginia. Situated in a campus-like setting of 72 acres, the Shultz offers more than 800 courses (nearly 600 on campus and 275 via distance learning platforms) with approximately 170,000 enrollments annually.
Your work will help FSI continue to be a catalyst for Global Change by employing cutting-edge educational technology, the latest advancements in cognitive research, and the work of innovative thought leaders from around the world to broaden organizational capacities and to strive for better outcomes for our country and the world.
What You’ll Bring…
- Significant skill at writing technical descriptions of the functionality of web-based applications such that they make sense to the non-technical reader and may be understood by learners in an eLearning course or product.
- Significant ability to organize and edit materials produced by Subject Matter Experts or content design team members, with ability to communicate (both orally and in writing) in a tactful manner.
- Significant experience with developing help system documentation and samples for training associated with web-based training applications.
- Significant ability to prioritize tasks effectively, work with minimal supervision, meet deadlines, and produce excellent quality work on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving, project, content, and time management skills.
- Significant proven experience as a member of a team and as a team leader; strong interpersonal skills and customer service orientation, particularly with clients from a wide variety of cultures.
- Ability to lead and mentor team members.
- Experience with eBooks/publishing valued.
- BA/BS in any relevant field is required. MS/MA in relevant field highly valued.
- A minimum of 7 years experience in technical writing.
- U.S Citizenship required.
We offer a highly competitive compensation package including base salary, generous paid time off, and a full range of benefits including medical, RX, vision and dental coverage for full-time regular employees. Other benefits include Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Short & Long Term Disability, and Group Life and AD&D Insurance; plus Optional Life Insurance is available for both the employee & family members. We also provide many other benefits including an Employee Recognition Programs, Employee Assistance Program; Training for Technical, Professional and Personal Development; Employee Performance and Idea Incentives; and Discounted Merchandise Program.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Santa Monica, CA
Role: Infrastructure Technical Writers
Duration: 6 months (extensions likely)
Description of Skills
Description of Responsibilities
Place of Performance: College Park, MD
Salary Based on Experience
Period of Performance: One year plus three option years
General Requirements: An Associate degree in English, Literature, or other related discipline. With at least six (6) years of specialized experience, a degree is not required. Satellite hardware, systems, and data knowledge a plus.
- Interprets scientists’ notes and ideas and translates them into layman’s terms for documentation/communication.
- Review and update publications.
- Researches, writes and edits materials for related manuals, briefs, proposals, instructional material, catalogs, technical publications and reports.
- Obtains data from independent observation, reviews with staff members, and studies of published materials and existing documentation.
- Interfaces with users, specialist, analysts, programmers, and other appropriate individuals to obtain background business, technical information, methods and standards.
- Revises text and recommends changes in scope, format, and content to ensure conformance with established standards.
- May edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers.
- Performs final quality assurance on all materials.
Please submit your résumé in MS Word format when responding
EEO and drug-free workplace
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status
Associate Editorial Page Editor & Writer
The Richmond Times-Dispatch, Virginia's top editorial page, has a job
opening for the first time in 11 years.
We are looking for an imaginative writer with a passion for truth and accuracy, an abiding interest in public policy and human affairs, strong editing skills, a flair for digital communications, and an appreciation of the power of words.
The winning candidate will play a vital daily role in composing and creating influential state capital editorial pages, in print and online.
A capacity for original thinking is essential and will be applied to writing and editing editorials, columns, letters, and digital materials.
A college degree and at least five years experience in news media or professional communications is preferred. This is an opportunity to make a difference on a prominent stage, before a large and fully engaged audience.
Pay Type Salary
Richmond Times-Dispatch-Richmond Offc, Richmond, Virginia, United States of America
Richmond, VA, USA
Technical Writer - Level 1: Jira, Sharepoint, Ms-Office
Responsible for the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation. Writes and edits technical documentation for all of the project’s hardware and software to include installation, configuration and how-to documentation. Creates code documentation for software; produces implementation guides and end-user guides for capabilities; provides field, data definition, and data flow documentation and formats technical publications from pamphlets, technical drawings, and consultations with technical personnel and other available resources.
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way - push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions...Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
- TS/SCI Clearance with polygraph
- Understand basic concepts (to include basic grammar concepts), responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents
- Assist in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
- Gather technical information, prepares written text
- Maintain a current internal documentation library
- Use multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio etc.
- Understand basic concepts and write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
- Prepare and maintain operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
- Prepare reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences
- Work with developers to produce quality documentation and training materials
- Coordinate layout and design of documents
- Work on all phases of documentation
- Two (2) years experience as a TW in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Associate’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Two (2) years of additional TW experience may be substituted for an Associate’s degree.
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with SharePoint
- Experience with MS-Office products such as Word, Power Point, Excel and Visio
- Able to work in fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently with some guidance
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
- Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program)
- 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
- $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
- Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
- Dental coverage including orthodontia
- Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
- Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, FSP, Full Scope Polygraph, RR, RRGT5034, TW
We are currently seeking a Technical Writer for a position that is anticipated to start in Q1, 2019. This position will:
- Assist with a variety of communications, both internal and external.
- Assist with status reports relating to decennial business decisions.
- Provide recommendations regarding communication of project planning, status, and results to stakeholders.
- Maintain reports, record keeping, quality control associated with organizational marking goals and initiatives.
- Assist with the development presentation material and reports to support program managers as needed.
- Assist in writing documents for management reviews; work with project staff to provide document integrity.
- Assist in developing papers for presentation to client.
- Participate in internal and external meetings to ensure feedback is incorporated into office articles and publications.
- Prepare written replies of routine and on-going issues regarding program updates.
- Proof all division documents to ensure grammar and spelling is correct.
- Take meeting minutes and prepare meeting materials.
- 3+ years of technical writing experience.
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- Government contracting experience is preferred.
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance required for this program.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including strong writing skills.
- Professional, friendly demeanor and excellent telephone and email etiquette.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced office.
- Strong personal initiative with ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both in a team environment and independently.
ECG is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
- Writes a variety of technical articles, reports, brochures, and/or manuals for documentation for a wide range of uses.
- Reviews content of technical documentation for quality.
- Produces technical and scientific illustrations for presentations and/or publication, as appropriate to the requirements.
- Coordinates the display of graphics and the production of the document.
- Ensures that documents follow the style laid out in the company's style guide.
- A minimum of two years of relevant/relatable experience is desired, but not mandatory.
- 100% Company Paid Medical Coverage including Health, Vision, and Dental
- Basic Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability (STD/LTD) Insurances
- Pre-Tax Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation and PTO/Sick Leave
- 401(k) Plan
- Job Related Education and Training Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!