Car Retarder Operator Job Description Sample
Car Hauler - Owner Operator Truck Drivers - Regional Positions -- United Road
At United Road we offer you the opportunity to generate net revenues of up to *$250,000 or more a year.
We’re hiring for numerous owner-operator jobs and have local, regional, and OTR (over the road) opportunities for you! Pay 80k to 200k
None required. More Details/Owner-Operator Benefits:/ * Opportunities for single truck operators, teams, and fleet owners * A nationwide fuel network that will save thousands on fuel purchases annually
Discount tire program
Medical and dental benefits available * /Qualifications for Drivers/*: Class A CDL 6 months OTR experience No more than 2 moving violations in the previous 3 years No DUIs or pleads to a lesser charge
CNC Operator - Automotive Parts Restoration/Classic Car Industry
CNC MACHINE OPERATOR - Automotive Parts Restoration (Classic Car Industry)
Hours: Mon – Friday 7:00AM-5:00PM; PLUS every Saturday 8:00AM – 1:30PM
Status: Fulltime Regular
Reports To: VP of Operations
Required to produce a quality product per print specifications with little supervision. Loading and checking work product and making the necessary offset changes to keep work product on size.
NOTE: Must be able to pass a Background Check, Physical & Drug Screen, Cognitive and Basic Skills Testing.
- Minimum 3 years current CNC set-up/operator experience required
- Experience using both CNC mills and lathes
- Working knowledge of HAAS equipment
- Able to use Mastercam
- Strong mechanical aptitude of CNC machine operations
- General machine shop experience preferred
- Can read and interpret print drawings and use precision measuring equipment
- Able to perform general math calculations
- Detail oriented with large emphasis on accuracy.
- Self-starter, able to follow directions, and work with minimal supervision
- High degree of initiative to complete job requirements in accordance with production timeline.
- Reliable with strong work ethic, and Team Player mentality
- Programming experience a PLUS!
- Must be able to work overtime and every other Saturday
Job Duties -
- Sets-up and/or operates assigned equipment to produce quality products.
- Calculates cycle times.
- Inspects product and document data as required.
- Initiates machine adjustments to ensure quality product.
- Performs additional operations per supervisor direction.
- Creates and maintains accurate data for company organizational records.
- Organizes and keeps work area clean.
- Performs other warehouse/machine shop duties as assigned.
If you are a reliable, self-starter who is detail orientated with a strong work ethic, and are comfortable using EXCEL, you may be an ideal candidate!
OUR BENEFIT PACKAGE INCLUDES: Medical / Dental / Vision / Paid Time Off (PTO) / Paid Holidays / Paid Life Insurance / Colonial Supplemental Insurance Plans, and a generous Profit Sharing Plan!
Check us out at: www.classicperform.com
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Shuttle Car Operator
· Responsible for operating a JOY style center steer shuttle car in an underground mine. Transport material from working face to feeders.
· Certified WV Black Hat
· Working knowledge of section mining cycle
· Conduct all work activities in compliance with Federal and State Coal Mining Laws
· Follow all Company policies, procedures, rules and regulations
· Conduct pre-operational visual, physical and operational checks of equipment
· Ability to fill in on other section equipment as needed
Car Mechanic (Freight Car Repairer)
Role: The Car Mechanic Apprentice (Carman) inspects, maintains, builds, repairs and rebuilds railway freight cars and equipment in accordance with federal and company regulations. Newly hired Carmen will be considered a Carman Apprentice until they have graduated to a journeyman Carman (refer to training description below). Critical performance areas include the following but may vary depending on the location and circumstances:
Inspect cars and components in accordance with railroad associations, Federal Railroad Administration regulations and company operating standards.
Perform all scheduled, on demand and preventive maintenance and repair on rail cars, under frames, on structures, safety appliances, draft systems and any associated tests.
Repair and install railway car parts such as compressors, air valves, bearings, couplings, air cylinders and piping.
Use hand tools, power tools, welding equipment, cutting torches and measuring instruments
Operate transport vehicles including cranes, trucks, track mobile and shop equipment.
Prepare inspection, maintenance and work reports, and record details on prescribed forms in accordance with established procedures. Working Conditions:
Irregular shifts, including nights, weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime
Work indoors and outdoors in varying weather and environmental conditions.
Frequent bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, performing overhead work, lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 85 pounds
- Frequent climbing, balancing, grasping, and good eye-hand coordination
Must be 18 years of age
High School diploma or GED
Valid driver's license
Must meet all medical fitness for duty requirements for the position, including requirements for Safety Critical Positions established by the FRA regulation.
Ability to pass a background investigation pertaining to federal and state criminal history, including driver history The ideal candidate profile:
Previous welding experience gained through formal training or work experience.
Vocational/technical training and/or knowledge of Railroad Operating Rules
Familiarity with electrical and electronic tools and instruments
Ability to work autonomously, adapt to different situations and manage stress
Demonstrate good teamwork and maintain positive interactions with others
Good verbal, reading comprehension and writing skills
Ability to determine the condition of objects/parts for wear and/or defects
Dedicated to getting the job done while meeting established standards of quality, safety and client satisfaction
Basic computer skills Work Location: Employees will be hired for a specific terminal. Occasionally, car mechanics may be required to work away from their assigned terminal. Training: Newly hired Car Mechanics (Carman) will be considered a Carman Apprentice until they have graduated to a journeyman Carman, which takes an average of 3 years, unless they have previous experience or formal training in the Carman craft which has been accepted by the Organization. Car Mechanics will take part in training which includes classroom instructions and field training during their first months of service. The training guides the new Car Mechanic through the critical safety skills required to work on the railroad. Once the classroom training is complete, the Car Mechanic will complete on the job training to enhance his/her knowledge and skills. Successful completion of the training course is mandatory in order to work as a Car Mechanic. During the first 122 days of employment, if an apprentice does not show the aptitude or desire to learn the trade, their application for employment may be rejected at that time. Union: The Car Mechanic is a unionized position requiring membership in the Organization as well as payment of initiation fees and monthly dues as outlined in the collective bargaining agreement; payroll deduction is available. State/Province: MI
City:* Battle Creek
Country:* United States
Auto req ID:* 9122BR
Clerk Car Control (Rac.Clerk Car Control..Clerical.Nonex)
General Responsibilities The Car Control Clerk will provide world class customer service to Hertz customers by providing administrative support to all area RAC/HLE personnel including: daily fleet operations support, managing communication and requests as needed.
Provide world class customer service to Hertz customers, business partners and external vendors.
Role model team behavior.
Manage inbound/outbound calls; respond to inquiries and requests from both internal and external customers in a timely manner.
Monitor and respond to email requests in a timely manner.
Adhere to company policy and procedure.
Process new vehicle installation and DMV registrations
Order supplies, uniforms, fuel, etc.
Process purchase orders then follow up with the receipt of goods.
Calculate time cards, key in data.
Processing payroll input for a weekly, non-exempt payroll
Serve as backup where needed.
Provides administrative support as needed
Maintain confidentiality and protect personal information as per policy guidelines
- High School Diploma or GED
Must be 18 years of age or older
Must be able to work flexible work overtime as required
Must be computer literate
Experience with State of Nevada DMV registration, renewal and titles preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: + 1- 2 years customer service experience required + 1+ years of administrative experience required SKILLS/ABILITIES:
Excellent verbal communication skills required
Ability to multi-task
Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented
Preferred Requirements Hertz is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening. EEO/AA: Females/Minorities/Disabled/Vets
Job ID147063# Positions1
Car Repair Trainee (Welding/Tank Car Repair)
Auto req ID:
2395BR Posting Title: Car Repair Trainee (Welding/Tank Car Repair)
Job Category: Hourly/Production
Alternative Work Location:
Company Description Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself.
From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success.
With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Job Purpose • Removal, fabrication, fitment and welding of railcar parts,components and structures.
Key Job Elements • Clean interior & exterior of tank cars; • Repair or replace worn mechanical components; • Fabricate, assemble or disassemble manufactured products; • Inspect rail cars and troubleshoot mechanical issues; • Read blueprints, technical drawings, tape measure; • Read and understand work order and record repairs correctly; • Understand service and repair manuals and apply constraints to repairs and modifications being performed; • Use oxy/fuel torch, arc welding equipment and power tools; • Apply decals, stenciling and touch-up painting on rail cars. Education / Training • High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Qualifications and Experience • 3-6 months of welding experience, may accept welding/mechanics certificate from 2 year vocational school; • Read precision instruments and gauges; • Capable use of hand and power tools, including pneumatic tools, cutting torches and welding machines.
Benefits Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions. *Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
EEO Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities
Car Wash Attendant Lead - Car Rental - Automotive
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Ensure all Service Agents are preparing and servicing vehicles prior to rental. Those functions include refueling, cleaning, and washing, checking fluids and pressure levels of all vehicles. Functions as a liaison between managers/supervisors and Rental Agents.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Inspect vehicle for unidentified body damage
Inspect vehicles to ensure safety equipment is in working order (i.e., lights, tires, brakes, wipers, horn, seat belts, mirrors, backup lights, etc)
Vacuum interior, floor, seats, ashtray, and trunk
Clean all exterior and interior windows and mirrors
Refuel the vehicle and log identification number with fuel needed and mileage
Write up Ready Car slips
Provide positive customer service, including greetings, assistance with luggage and personal belongings, where applicable
Drive the vehicle from drop off point to service area; drive vehicle through car wash and to ready line as necessary
Maintain a clean and orderly work area and report any unsafe or hazardous conditions
Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
High School Diploma or GED or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience
Must be able to safely operate a variety of vehicles
Must possess a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record
With 20 major airport locations across the US and more than 1100 employees, Fox Rent A Car offers room for career growth through employee development and advancement. If you believe you can not only add to but thrive in our fast-paced team environment apply today!
Car Wash / Buffer / Porter Needed Asap
Car Wash / Buffer / Porter Needed
Established Collision repair Facility is in need of experienced Car Wash/Buffer/Porters to join our team. We are a multi- location, independent operator and have strong DRP relationships that provide consistent work throughout the year. You must be a team player, hardworking, have a positive attitude and be willing to learn and grow. Must have personal transportation to and from work.
Reply to this Posting or Call Robert at: 561-863-9960
Operations Account Manager - Rental Car
The primary job responsibility will be the management of an assigned account, and the Account Supervisors assigned to each account. Specific responsibilities include work scheduling of all account personnel, establishing work standards, conducting site evaluations, audits, overall inventory/equipment usage, budget control, employee performance appraisals, troubleshooting/problem solving, orientation, training of Account Supervisors and support personnel, customer relations, and special project work as requested. This individual will also ensure that all managed services are being provided in a proper and cost effective manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Control expenses within area of responsibility.
* Develop and recommend operating budget and ensure the department operates within budget.
* Evaluate and justify supplies, equipment, and purchases as needed.
* Plan, organize, direct, coordinate, and supervise functions and activities of the department.
* Establish work standards and flow.
* Establish and maintain effective lines of communications with the client and facility personnel to ascertain that their needs and requirements as related to the custodial contract are being satisfied.
* Ensure compliance with regulatory agencies.
* Maintain an environment that is safe, attractive, and in orderly condition.
* Demonstrate and promote company culture, values and management philosophy.
* Demonstrate quality leadership in meeting performance plans.
Knowledge, Skills and
* Ability to analyze and interpret financial and other data.
* Demonstrated proficiency with general business acumen.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Strong service/quality attitude.
* Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and achieve effective time management.
* Ability to work well under pressure and meet established goals and objectives.
* Strong public speaking skills.
* Sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines; self-directed.
* Motivate and train staff.
* Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office, Windows and Power Point
* Experience managing operations and a sense of entrepreneurial leadership
Physical Functions Required:
* Ability to walk or stand for prolonged periods. Requires bending, stooping, reaching up, and lifting up to 50 pounds. Possible exposure to chemicals requiring special clothing or safety equipment.
A criminal background check, results of which are not necessarily a bar to employment, and a drug screen are required
Wage Rate: TBD
Full Compensation Plan
With over 38,000 employees in 46 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico, GCA serves a variety of sectors, including manufacturing, corporate office buildings, high-tech, bio-pharmaceutical, nuclear power, energy & utilities, defense, K-12 schools, higher education, the rental car market, and others. Our clients include numerous Fortune 100 companies.
GCA's management team is recognized as one of the strongest and most experienced in the industry.
Express Car Wash Operations Manager
Rapidly expanding car wash chain in Los Angeles county is looking for a sophisticated Manager who will provide incomparable customer service and promote that concept throughout our organization. Our goal is to conduct our business in an efficient and profitable manner, while intensifying customer satisfaction and loyalty. Our mission is to exceed the expectations of our customers every time they visit us.
Express Car Wash Manager Job Description
Car Wash Managers are responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction at a professional car wash. Day-to-day activities include training and supervising staff along with identifying and resolving customer concerns and complaints. Ideal candidates demonstrate a mechanical aptitude for equipment maintenance as well as organizational skills for the management of chemistry, wash supplies, and labor. They are accountable for accurate reconciliation of all financial transactions, managing vendor relationships, and reviewing financial reports for correct disbursement of commissions and other incentives. This role leads marketing initiatives at the wash to drive revenue, promote fundraising opportunities, and direct updates to advertising platforms. Formal education is preferred, though not required.
The ideal candidate will be a tenacious individual who is not only customer service driven but technically inclined and able to lead by example. The perfect candidate for this position will also have experience working with equipment/machinery (but NOT required) and will not be apprehensive of occasionally getting dirty to get the job done. We are searching for a driven individual capable of working efficiently and with little supervision. Machining/production/operations experience would be favorable. This is a face to face position with daily interaction with customers and employees (not a computer or data operation). Responsibilities would include but are not limited to:
- Outstanding communication ability
- Open / Close and other daily operations as necessary
- Quick-thinking / problem solving
- Excellent organizational and leaderships skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach
- Ensure output meets quality standards
- Take ownership of customers issues and follow problems through to resolution to improve customer service experience and create engaged customers
- Keep accurate records and document customer service actions and discussions
- Inspect procedures of the entire cycle to ensure they are efficient
- Monitor the use of equipment to ensure it is well-maintained
- Familiarity with quality testing machines and systems
- Setting daily/weekly/monthly objectives and communicating them to employees
- Organizing workflow by assigning responsibilities and preparing schedules
- Overseeing and coaching employees Identify issues in efficiency and suggest improvements
- Train new employees on how to safely use machinery and follow procedures
- Enforce strict safety guidelines and company standards
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!