Carbon Coater Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Carbon Plant Operator
Responsibilities of Position:
- •Understand and follow Company procedures, operating manuals, work instructions and standard operating procedures required to support goals related to Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost
- •Operate textile equipment related to Preform Department
- •Perform OIP operations and density checks, build/tear-down furnace trays, and clean Hi-Temp. tooling/equipment
- •Set-up and operate carbon machining equipment, and perform quality inspections
- •Perform RFPC tasks as assigned, which may include (but not limited to ): receiving worn carbon disks, operating the washer, loading/unloading furnaces and pre-riveting
- •Perform material handling to ensure product traceability to meet quality and scheduling demands
- •Monitor equipment and record data to document the manufacturing process
- •Troubleshoot manufacturing anomalies related to equipment operation, productivity and quality
- •Perform preventive maintenance as required to meet production and maintenance schedules
- •Adhere to required housekeeping requirements for the manufacturing areas
- •Submit and support continuous improvement ideas in order to improve safety, quality, delivery and cost
- •Perform other related duties as required
- •High school diploma/GED
Physical/Environmental Scope of Position:
- •Vocal communication, hearing, and visual acuity are required for safety, direction, and the exchange of ideas in the industrial environment
- •Subjected to inside environmental conditions, noise, vibration, oils, and other related industrial hazards
- •Work in/near electro-magnetic fields created by high temperature induction furnaces
- •May be exposed to and handle hazardous wastes as defined in 40 CFR 261.3
- •Must demonstrate the physical capacity to meet the demands of the "Light" Job Placement Assessment (JPA) as administered by St. Elizabeth Business Health Services
Required Behavioral Dimensions:
- •Contributing to Team Success
- •Quality Orientation
- •Safety Awareness
- •Work Standards
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. As a partner to 30 airframers working in the fields of commercial, regional, business and military transport, the company provides support to 27,000 aircraft completing more than 54,000 landings a day.
Coater Operator - 2Nd Shift (40870)
Position Purpose: Responsible for the efficient and safe operation of the Coater to produce quality products. Responsible for the delegation of duties & providing leadership to the Coater Assistants.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
¨Follows all safety / quality rules, policies, and procedures. Verifies that Coater crew members, and support personnel are also doing so. Coordinates with Supervision to correct deficiencies.
¨Directs Coater operation in the most safe and efficient manner while maintaining product quality.
¨Conduct lab tests as needed in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedures.
¨Communicates with and assists machine crew, and other support personnel in meeting Dept objectives.
¨Directs (Pre)Make-ready, Maintenance, Housekeeping/clean-up and Coater production activity.
¨Communicates / coordinates with operators on other shifts and Supervision to ensure smooth shift changes, communicate problems encountered, corrective action taken, and development of manufacturing best practices.
¨Ensures that crew is inspecting for and taking action to mark / correct / prevent mfg. defects.
¨Directs / monitors mixing and metering of coatings required to manufacture all products.
¨Serves as Departmental EHS Lead in the event of emergency. Directs Dept. personnel to safety and supplies headcount information to Emergency Commander.
¨Coaches / counsels machine crew and support personnel, as needed, with Supervision.
¨Perform other related duties and overtime as required.
Education: High school diploma or its equivalent preferred.
Experience: Previous industrial/machine experience in manufacturing environment required. Previous Coater Assistant experience or Press Operator experience strongly preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to maintain a quality working relationship through both written and verbal communication. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to understand and practice safety policies and procedures.
Essential Functions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms.
The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and /or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
Machine Operator - Mixer Operator
Our client is on the northwest side of Grand Rapids. Must have 6 months of industrial experience. Must be able to perform heavy lifting tasks throughout the shift. This is a physically demanding job. Positions involve opening bags of ingredients and dumping into machines.
3:50PM TO 12:00AM
11:50 PM TO 8:00AM
Hours may vary.
*Running a machine
*Packing, line work
*Inspection of bakery products
*Industrial / manufacturing experience
*Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
*Able to comply with GMP policies
*Pre-employment drug screen and nationwide background check
Experience the Williamson Difference:
*Great Benefits (Health Insurance, Vacation Pay, 401k, Referral Bonus, Weekly Pay, Verizon Discount)
*Locally owned and operated
Celebrating 25 years in business
Williamson Employment Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in the assignment of its employees on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability or veteran status. Discriminating orders will not be honored.
Machine Operator - Night Shift
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
Unilever is now recruiting for Machine Operators at our Independence facility, makers of Knorr, Lipton Soup Mixes and Lipton Iced Tea. Knorr is the #1 selling brand within Unilever's Food Division and we have established ourselves as the largest and most advanced dry savory manufacturing facility in the world after a recent $100 million-dollar upgrade and expansion project!
Identified candidates will work under the direction of the shift supervisor for the Production Department. Performing all duties required to ensure the safe, efficient running of the Knorr Dry Savory Room to produce quality products in a cost-effective manner.
Operates Bartelt, SN & Jones machine(s) including peripheral fillers, (may operate two machines simultaneously) keeping watch for any malfunctions.
Is responsible for maintaining quality and quantity of pouches as set by Quality Assurance and by Packaging Production Standards.
Performs weight and quality checks every 15 minutes or hour depending on the line to ensure ingredient fills are maintained within standards.
Checks ingredient and total pouch weights and adjusts the controls as required to ensure adherence to standards
Clear jams on machine as required.
Performs certain mechanical adjustments on Packaging lines.
Retrieve packaging material from forward pick area within the room and loads onto machine
Orders packaging material in a timely manner
Uses computer to retrieve changeover information and settings.
Reports machine malfunction (mechanical/electrical) to mechanic, electrician or supervisor.
Supplies machine with packaging material as required
Performs mechanical changeover, removing, replacing parts, and adjusting as per predetermined equipment settings.
Set-up check-weigher on changeover and operate while production is running.
Replace Teflon as required.
Hand palletize as required.
Inspects cases for damage and ensures correct information from ink jet systems.
Performs roll change on tape machine as required.
Maintains fluid levels on Videojet print system and change bottles as required.
Maintains fluid levels on Marsh printing system and clean head when required.
Rips substandard pouches online and operates rework separators.
Labels rework drums and send upstairs for stock people to dump.
Maintains high level of personal hygiene and keeps work area in a clean and sanitary condition in compliance with
- GMP standards. Rotates between all different functions on area basis and as required to ensure smooth operation of room.
Ensures that all machine safety guards are in place and operational.
Ensures compliance to all plant safety rules.
Participates in all World Class Manufacturing training and applies this knowledge to their daily job duties and responsibilities.
Updates all related Line KPI information and graphs as required.
Responsible for complying with existing company SHEQ Standards and requirements under the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
Minimum of two (2) years recent and continuous employment in a high speed manufacturing environment.
Must have strong troubleshooting skills and mechanical aptitude.
Must be able to lift-up to 50 lbs.
Must be flexible to work off-shift, to include 12-hour night shift, overtime and weekends. (Positions will be on our "D" shift
- 7:00 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights and every other Wednesday.)
Position requires walking, standing, squatting, climbing stairs and reaching overhead on a regular basis.
High temperatures, up to 100 degrees Fahrenheit within our tea facility are possible.
Applicants must be able to read, write, speak, understand and communicate in the English language to perform the duties of this position.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
In this role, you will be required to maintain active communication with co-workers and Maintenance Technicians for quality and production related issues. When necessary, elevate these issues to management or the appropriate personnel. Maintain the shift logs and QC records for the assigned areas.
Individual must work and comply to safety working standards, practice and all environmental regulations. Must adhere to all company rules and policies.
PRIMARY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES - MACHINE OPERATOR
When assigned to the Operator position:
- $17/hour with a $.75/hour night shift differential
- Has the authority to stop the process to avoid making sub-standard product.
- Reads all SDS' and possesses thorough knowledge of all oil and chemical labeling and storage requirements.
- Operates and starts- up the machines
- Ability to identify problems and minor troubleshooting
- Delivery of materials to production floor.
- Ability to analyze, estimate workload and perform multi-tasking.
- Assist Maintenance Technicians in preventative maintenance procedures such as lubricating machinery
- Monitors processes and performs continuous image inspections and visual quality checks of the products to ensure acceptance standards are met.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to use material bar code scanners
- Understanding of First in, First out (FIFO)
- Be-able to follow work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Prepares documentation as required.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area 5s. Understands department workflow, processes & detailed oriented.
- Excellent communication with co-workers both verbally and with good written skills.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/ Experience
- High School Diploma or GED (General Education Development) required.
- Physical Demands
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Stand and walk for extended amounts of time;
- Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls;
- Reach with hands and arms;
- Talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and/ or move anywhere from 25 pounds to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to work up to 12- hour shifts
- Required to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) such as but not limited to; hard hat, respirator, gloves, eye protection, steel toe boots, etc.
Must be able to work in a construction environment. Exposure to heat, dust, and noisy conditions.
Must be able to work in a clean room environment. Exposure to heat, dust, and noisy conditions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS - MACHINE OPERATOR
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - MACHINE OPERATOR
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Work within the Metric and Standard systems of measurement.
Our business - and our approach - is personal
IntelliSource has 19 years of business process outsourcing experience – bringing innovative solutions through people, processes and technology to maximize Fortune 500 and fast-growth companies' operations and workforce management. IntelliSource has a proven track record as a trusted partner to its clients and associates - empowering businesses and people to reach their full potential.
IntelliSource is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against in any condition of employment because of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law. IntelliSource is a free service to you. We are an E-Verify Employer.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum one year recent food manufacturing experience.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Good mathematical aptitude, with ability to add, multiply, subtract, and divide.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs regularly.
- Available to work overtime when needed.
- Ability to lift, stand, and stoop for long periods of time.
- Responsible for running the packaging lines as per Production Supervisor instructions.
- Provides leadership to general labor crew by giving direction and feedback in order to hit daily production schedules and goals.
- Responsible for flavor changes.
- Perform the necessary machine settings, change tools including Hoppers, Augers, Can Twisters.
- Adjust label sizes and fill weights for different containers.
- Load rolls of film on machines.
- Per shift, maintain equipment clean, weigh charts every half hour and record keeping as needed.
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State labor laws.
- Comply with HACCP and GMP protocols for Production.
- Perform QC protocols as required by supervisor.
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements as trained.
- Team member must ensure efficiency, operational conformance, product quality and continuous improvement.
- Follow GMPs, SOPs and safety rules in order to maintain a safe, quality conscience work envirorment at all times.
- Ensure good housekeeping in packaging area.
- Follow Sanitation Standards in packaging area.
- Notify the Supervisor of any packaging deficiencies and any food safety violations.
Machine Operator (Manufacturing)
EMIT is looking to the future and wants to add a motivated person who enjoys the satisfaction of completing a fast-paced physically demanding job in a competitive atmosphere. EMIT is looking for someone to operate one or more of the following: Press Brake, 2D Laser Table, 3D Laser Tube Cutting, Plasma Table, Iron Worker, Hydraulic Plate Rolls, Band Saw, CNC Mill, CNC Lathe along with other various tools and machines.
About EMIT Technologies
EMIT Technologies is unique in the natural gas emissions market as the only fully integrated solutions OEM. With in-house engineering, product development, fabrication, field services, emissions testing, and application training, EMIT Technologies is your single source emissions solutions provider, for today, and the future.
Sheridan, WY (Relocation is required.)
Full Time $15 to $25 per hour DOE
If you feel that you would be the ideal candidate for this position, please submit your résumé and cover letter/letter of interest through our online application portal here.
Why Sheridan, WY?
EMIT Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.
Machine Operator III
Conductssetup and operation of Computer Numerical Control (CNC) equipment, inspectsmachined features to maintain quality, adjusts machine and changes perishabletooling.
Conductssafe and timely setup of CNC equipment using the Setup Checklist.
Programs CNC machine using process flow sheet processing steps and toolingsequence. Edits CNC programs as required to attain optimalquality/quantity production.
Makes machine/tooling adjustments and CNC programming changes to bringnon-conforming out-put intospecifications.
Informs the Group Leader/Supervisor of any operating or material conditionthat would interfere with quality/quantity production.
Performs routine operator maintenance and operational checks on all tools andequipment utilized, to include: tool sharpening, machine oiling, fluidlevel/air pressure checks, safety switch functioning etc.
Performs dimensional and attribute product inspections to ensure qualityproduct is produced including 1st Article Inspection.
Conducts tool setup.
Changes perishable tooling that is worn or damaged.
Insures timely flow of parts through the machine shop by following set procedures. Makes suggestions for alternate responsibilities when application allowsadditional internal time.
Meets cycle time rates established for specific partnumbers.
Reads and interprets machine shop blueprints.
Segregates and periodically disposes of scrap material into approvedcollection containers.
Operates material handling equipment when moving materials into, around, orout of the department.
Accurately uses measurement tools such as micrometers, verniers, height gage,bore gage, and attribute style gages.
Follows all 5S practices and supports lean activities, as well as safetyregulations policies and procedures.
3-5 years' related experience
Ability to read and write needed to comply with written instructions andcomplete departmental paperwork.
Familiarity with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Lotus Notes, JDE,SAP, Great Plains, HFM, PeopleSoft
Works with minimal supervision
Persists in the face of difficulties
Drives for results
Develops and coaches talent
Promotes teamwork and collaboration
Uses sound judgment
Adaptability to change and ambiguity
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Berry Global (NYSE: BERY) is a $7.1B global manufacturer and marketer of plastic packaging products. Headquartered in Evansville Indiana, Berry operates over 125 global manufacturing facilities and employs over 23,000 individuals. At Berry Global, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. With our proven expertise in packaging and protection solutions, and our dedicated insights team that follows trends across a wide range of industries, we are uniquely positioned to serve a broad range of markets and customer needs. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgment, and inclusion. Here at Berry we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth and safety. We encourage you to be a part of Berry Global, the company that is always advancing to protect what's important!
Purpose: Assists in producing and controlling the quality of film produced. Ensure product quality and control of production processes. Provides a safe work environment through proper training and communication.
Dimensions: This position is responsible for working closely with the Team Supervisor, Process Dept. and Maintenance to ensure customer quality expectations and site goals and objectives are being met.
Adheres to all safety policies and procedures and ensures all team members work within the safety guidelines.
Complete safety orientation and forklift certification training.
Complete behavior-based Safety and Quality audits monthly.
Have a basic understanding of how the extrusion process works with relations to film properties, web handling, raw materials, and finished product.
Have basic understanding of our product, customer specifications and visual inspection requirements.
Learn how to accurately enter and review key film properties in Quality Windows.
Has general knowledge of and operates within the guidelines of FIFO, 5S and/or other Lean Manufacturing structures.
Help maintain sufficient labeling & packaging supplies during and at the end of shift.
Assists in the training of new-hires.
Responsible for ensuring all finished product is within customer specifications.
Ensures that all test data sheets are verified, that all data falls within specified targets and is positively signed.
Completes proper documentation in line log and other line paperwork.
Responsible for ensuring all outgoing product is labeled and packaged according to customer specifications.
Responsible for proper housekeeping of the line and adjacent areas.
Works with maintenance to complete minor and preventative maintenance on the line.
Maintains communication with Lead Operators, Team Supervisors and production management of any problems experienced on the line that could result in an extended period of downtime, a quality reject or personal injury.
Learn the line thread up and winding procedures.
Learn the core cutting procedures.
Learn process roll care/cleaning/film wrapping removal procedures.
Learn the procedure to safely change screen packs.
Must complete all job task checklists within first 90 days of employment.
Must complete all PIQ courses within first year of employment.
Education: H.S. Diploma or GED
Experience: Manufacturing experience preferred.
Work is performed in a plant environment with frequent contact with others. Requires prolonged standing and frequent bending, stooping and stretching, manual dexterity, the ability to distinguish letters, occasional lifting up to 50 lbs, and the use of equipment.
Pre-employment Aptitude Testing: Must be able to pass all sections of the validated pre-employment aptitude test.
Exceptional benefits and compensation starting at $17/hour.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!