Carbon Paper Coating Machine Setter Job Description Sample
Paper Laminating Machine (Plm) Operator - Nights
Paper Laminating Machine Operator (PLM/PGR – Level C):
This is a position working in our Paper Laminating Machine (PLM) area.
Will work Monday through Thursday 5:45 p.m. – 6:15 a.m.n
DNP Imagingcomm America Corporation is a wholly owned Japanese subsidiary established in Concord, NC in 1995. Today, we coat jumbo rolls, slit and package ID card and photo ribbons used in printing applications; as well as develop software, deploy photo printing kiosks, integrate systems and provide support for our products.
As a PGR member, operate a production coating machine in order to achieve output and yield targets
Duties, Responsibilities & Authority:
- Operate coating machine and produce High Quality Paper product within specifications
- Per the posted Standard Operating Procedures under direction of the Group Leader
- Assist in the initial Quality Inspection Testing, as directed by the Group Leader
- Perform area specific countermeasures to maintain Quality
- Communicate and eliminate non-conforming product conditions
- Perform changeovers to the coating machine
- Activities not limited to roll exchanges, roll cleaning, doctor blade exchanges, machine threading, filter changes, parts cleaning and material handling
- Some activities require periods of physical exertion and coordination with maintenance, operation, management and others as necessary
- Perform line checks to area of responsibility and take action when necessary
- Under the guidance of the Group Leader
- Obtain a full working knowledge of the local mixing, coating and ink supply systems to be proficient in troubleshooting basic equipment and process problems
- Charge inks and organic solvents in a measured & controlled manner, producing a coat-able solution per the batch controlled mixing sheet
- Assist in the development and training of other operators as directed
- Assist in maintenance activities, providing input and explanation for process issues
- Participate in Productivity Improvement and Cost Reduction plans as directed
- Facilitate internal communication and working relationships within areas of responsibility
- Perform all duties in accordance with established safety rules and regulations
Job Requirements /
- High school diploma or equivalent experience required
- Associate degree in technical field preferred
- Experience in mixing/blending/coating/extrusion operations preferred
- Prior product manufacturing experience required
- Operator must be able to bend, stoop, squat, twist and work in cramped spaces
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, operate a roll cart weighing in excess of 400 pounds
- Must be able to occasionally work in confined space
- Repetitive arm and shoulder motion when cleaning rolls
- Must have the ability to interface and communicate effectively, write legibly and read/comprehend sufficiently to perform the duties required
- Must be able to operate appropriate test equipment and react to the readings generated or displayed on monitors, gauges, panels or sensors
- Must be able to learn to use and read instruments including micrometers, microscopes, light tables and other specialized equipment used production
- Perform mathematical calculations including percentages, multiplication and division
- Operate a personal computer (PC) and software relevant to the job
- Must be able to work in close proximity with organic solvents
- Must have the ability to wear air-purifying respiratory protection equipment as needed
- Must be able to work in a team-based, high-stress production environment
- Must have adequate vision to inspect product for small defects
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at a time and prioritize appropriately
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner, including OSHA and HAZWOPER training
Paper Machine Shift Foreman
About WestRock About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace.
WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com . Paper Machine Shift Foreman - Dallas, TX 1120 East Clarendon Drive Dallas, Texas, 75203 United States
The opportunity The Shift Supervisor is responsible for leading and managing all aspects of papermill, shipping and stock preparation operations for a designated shift, including safety, quality, production, costs, environmental control and employee relations. Areas of responsibility include the paper mill with 1 paper machine, Shipping, and Stock Preparation.
The Shift Supervisor also has mill-wide responsibilities for prioritizing shift maintenance and responding to emergencies. The position reports to the Mill Superintendent within the Production Department. When serving as the Relief Supervisor, the position will provide vacation relief for other Shift Supervisors when required. The position will supervise shipping personnel and complete special production projects when not in a relief role.
How You will impact WestRock · Lead plant safety policies and procedures including housekeeping practices. Promote safety
Lead plant safety policies and procedures including housekeeping practices. Promote safety · engagement among all employees.engagement among all employees. · Lead both pre-shift safety meetings and monthly safety training meetings.Lead both pre-shift safety meetings and monthly safety training meetings. · Build effective relationships with all internal departments.Build effective relationships with all internal departments. · Control process and production workflow to ensure safe and effective use of available equipment capacity, labor and tools.Control process and production workflow to ensure safe and effective use of available equipment capacity, labor and tools. · Coordinate maintenance work, customer and manufacturing needs.Coordinate maintenance work, customer and manufacturing needs. · Monitor all process controls and procedures.Monitor all process controls and procedures. · Ensure adherence to departmental quality procedures.Ensure adherence to departmental quality procedures. · Coach and counsel team members to perform to company standards.Coach and counsel team members to perform to company standards. · Alter schedules to adapt to unforeseen conditions.Alter schedules to adapt to unforeseen conditions. · Be the first point of contact for all hourly employee concerns.Be the first point of contact for all hourly employee concerns.
What You need for success · HS Diploma OR GED plus a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in the Paper, Converting or Corrugated industriesHS Diploma OR GED plus a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in the Paper, Converting or Corrugated industries · Strong leadership skills required
Strong leadership skills required · Effective process management skills
Effective process management skills · Excellent communication skills
Excellent communication skills
What we offer · Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence · Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities · An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential · A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work. WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce:
Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans. #TX #GD Production/Manufacturing WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce:
Paper Machine Shift Foreman
Slitting Machine Operator / Steel / Brass / Aluminum / Paper
We are seeking a Steel Slitter Operator to join our team! You will help oversee operational activities and ensure excellent quality control.
M-F : 8:30 am to 5:00 Pm
Pay based on experience $10 - $15 Hr.
- Ideal candidate would be someone we can train that has a manufacturing background.
- Forklift experience would also be preferred.
- Candidate must have good penmanship / good handwriting to complete paperwork
- Good math skills are required on the job
- Previous experience in plant operations or other related fields
- Familiarity with plant tools and equipment
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Oversee and coordinate plant operations and activities
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Load and unload equipment and materials
- Provide innovative solutions to improve plant efficiency
- Conduct routine preventive maintenance on the plant
- Log and record readings for equipment and procedures
Paper Machine Manager
Nippon Dynawave Packaging has an opening in the Longview, WA operations. This position reports to the VP of Operations/Mill Manager and is lead for the Paper Machine Department. This position is responsible for the safe and reliable production of the paperboard production for the Longview site.
Principal Job Responsibilities/Duties
Responsibilities for this position are but not limited to:
· Responsibility for the safety performance of all employees and contractors in the Paper Machine area
· Ensures that safety systems are in place, followed, and enforced
· Ensures that operating procedures are in place, followed, and enforced
· Ensures that training systems are in place, followed, and maintained
· Maintains high expectations and standards around housekeeping
· Maintains and champions excellent product quality
· Direct supervision of front line supervisors and assistant superintendents. The operations group consists of approximately 50 hourly operators and 12 salaried positions.
· Accountable for efficient operations of the paper machine department and responsible for meeting mill production targets
· Accountable for managing all department operating costs.
· Responsible for maintaining and improving reliability throughout the paper machine department.
· Works to identify, promote, and execute key capital expenditures in efforts to reduce costs and improve reliability
Technical Skills Required
· Minimum of ten (10) years papermill experience, preferably leading in an paper machine department
· Degreed chemical, mechanical or other related engineer preferred but not required
· Reputation as being a team player and expects the same
· Good process, problem solving and facilitation skills
· Able to resolve conflicts
· Strong leadership skills
· Good communication skills
· Strong customer Focus
· Driven for results
· Skilled at planning large outages and capital project execution
· Focus on developing direct reports
Coating Machine Set-Up And Operate
JOB TITLE: Set-Up/Operator IDEPARTMENT:
STATUS: Non-ExemptREPORTS TO: Cell CoordinatorWRITTEN BY: KraftGeneral Purpose of the Job:Sets up and operates conventional machine tools performing similar operations.Education:Requires use of complicated drawings, advanced shop math and formulas, and precision measuring instruments such as caliper, micrometers, and scales.
Requires trade knowledge in a specialized field or process and equivalent to short term trades training. Experience:Minimum one (1) year exposure to production environment.Physical Demand:Medium physical effort working regularly with lightweight material or average weight material. Operate machine tools where machine time exceeds handling time.Mental and/or Visual Demand:Continuous mental or visual attention; usually short cycle repetitive work or diversified operations requiring constant alertness.Working Conditions:Good working conditions.
Exposure to cutting oils. Typical machine shop working conditions. Hazards:Some exposure to accidents and minor injuries such as abrasions, cuts or bruises.
Health hazards negligible.Job Duties:Set-up, operate and adjusts, conventional machines. Setup involves knowledge of exacting tolerance setup procedures.Prescribe operational sequences, setup procedures, tooling, speeds, etc. Prescribed methods may be varied to compensate for unusual machining conditions.Operated machine through the complete cycle to prove out setups and produce a pilot work piece for inspection purposes.Diagnose machine or tooling malfunctions causing variances on production runs.
Take measures to make corrective adjustments. Help train operators to operate machine after setups are made and proved out to improve their skills.Work from route sheets, part drawings, and specifications. Checks dimensions as necessary, using measuring instruments such as scales, micrometers, and calipers.
Works under minimum supervision and direction on normal routine work. Instruction and guidance provided on new work, tooling, unusual operating problems and difficulties.Coordinate activities closely with cell coordinators, production scheduling, and engineering to maintain production schedules, methods, procedures, quality or work, and production costs.Required to purchase itools of the tradei when necessary.Responsible for keeping assigned machines and work area clean.May perform other duties inherent to the job.
Robotic Conformal Coating Machine Operator
Specialized Coating Services, the industry leader in conformal coating & potting (encapsulation) services is expanding! Our newest, state-of-the-industry facility is located in Billerica, MA and we need great people to staff it and help us grow. We are hiring for multiple positions, so look at all of our listings. To find out more about Specialized Coating Services, please visit our website at www.speccoat.com.
As a Robotic Coating Machine Operator, you will operate and maintain various types of liquid robotic dispensing equipment. Your attention to detail will help your team meet daily shipment goals and even exceed customer expectations. If you have the aptitude and drive, you will also learn how to program the equipment. The right person has the opportunity to become a lead, supervisor or Process Engineer.
Experience in operating and maintaining and/or programming SMT equipment or CNC machines is a definite plus as is experience with Asymtek, Nordson or PVA dispensing equipment. We will, however, train the right candidate.
Previous experience in conformal coating, whether manual spray or robotic, is definitely a plus! Experience in a manufacturing environment, especially electronics contract manufacturing, is helpful. Experience in using electronic work instructions; updating job travelers electronically, and bar code scanning is very helpful.
Computer literacy (Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel) is required as well as the ability to locate and open document files and upload pictures.
$20.00 - $25.00/Hour Depending on Experience
Must be US citizen or have permament resident alien status. We do E-Verify.
Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required. An AA degree, certificate in a related field or some college are all definite pluses.
Must read, write and speak English fluently.
Must be punctual and maintain an excellent attendance record.
Must be available to work overtime as needed.
Coating Machine Operator 3Rd Shift
Position: Technician 3rd shift
Oerlikon (SIX: OERL) is a leading high-tech industrial group specializing in machine and plant engineering. The Company is a provider of innovative industrial solutions and cutting-edge technologies for textile manufacturing, drive, vacuum, coating, and advanced nanotechnology. A Swiss company with a tradition going back over 100 years, Oerlikon is a global player with around 12,700 employees at around 160 locations in 34 countries and sales of CHF 2.9 billion in 2012. The Company invested CHF 106 million in R&D, in 2012, with over 1000 specialists working on future products and services. In most areas, the operative businesses rank either first or second in their respective global markets. If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - then you should send us your application. Visit our Career Page at www.oerlikon.com
This person will be responsible for the set up and monitoring of the Coating Machines. The Main responsibility is to prepare the coating system, load, unload the chamber, change the magnetic systems and input process parameters in the operator screen. This Individual will pre-treat a variety of customer products using standardized methods to prepare products for coating. Person will use analytical thinking and a high-degree of creativity to oversee and assemble chamber loads based on customer specifications. As part of his/her regular responsibilities, this person will make critical processing decisions, to initiate the coating process as well as be responsible for disassembling and reconfiguring the chamber for subsequent loads.
Essential Duties and
- Perform daily changeover maintenance of pre/post treatment equipment
- Optimize the daily use of production equipment
- Follow standard procedures and interpret customer work instructions
- Work with Quality Coordinator and Center Manager to identify and address quality concerns
- Providing training and assistance to other employees on equipment operation and maintenance
- Learn new skills and Cross-train into various departments
- Operating and maintaining coating equipment according to specifications
- Minimizing equipment downtime through preventative maintenance procedures
- Learning fixturing and defixturing techniques
- Maintaining and updating equipment records
- Assisting with quality assurance and other technical matters as required
- Performing other duties as required to assure customer satisfaction
Minimum Qualifications Required (Education/Skills/Experience):
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-4 years of previous experience in HVAC, carpentry, automotive/industrial equipment repair, or construction preferred
- Knowledge of cutting tools (e.g., drills, etc.)
- Previous experience with coating techniques, blasting, or plating strongly desired
- Individual must have strong work ethic, be detail-oriented, and creative
- Must be comfortable working with hands and be able to lift 30lbs
Coating Machine Operator
Operation of equipment in a safe manner at all times; safety procedures are followed.
Capable of learning and diagnosing fundamental process issues.
Ability to become knowledgeable, proficient and innovative in all aspects of a manufacturing process.
Complete all tasks in a cooperative, positive and timely manner with minimal supervision.
Display a willingness and flexibility in achieving department goals and contributions to overall group performance.
Prompt, dependable and often displays extra effort to maximize machine uptime.
Develop a working knowledge and troubleshooting skill set for all equipment.
Responsible for the operation of required computer programs.
Insure that the product being produced consistently meets quality expectations.
Perform any task required to complete all job responsibilities as defined by shift supervisor. Qualified Candidate Should Possess: (qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of the job)
- Minimum of one year applicable machine operation experience required with demonstrated mechanical aptitude through machine changeover, setup and troubleshooting
- MSC Operator
- Minimum two years of coating and web conveyance experience required
Ability to read and understand standard operating procedures, specifications and follow instructions
Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
Ability to lift up to 50lbs
Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Solid PC skills
Forklift certification a plus
Processing Associate offers an entry level opportunity to be trained and develop in the coating process and if successful, may lead to promotional opportunities as a Utility Operator or MSC Operator. We are positioned to offer an attractive compensation and benefits package to match this opportunity. If interested in joining a dynamic organization with global presence and applying for this career opportunity, please apply online at www.iimak.com/careers. EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, IIMAK is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.
Back Tender / Paper Machine Tender - (Shelby Expansion)
Clearwater Paper Corporation is seeking experienced Machine Tenders and Back Tenders to support paper machine operations in our Shelby, NC plant. Successful candidates will have a minimum s of one (1) year, High School diploma or GED, and knowledge of manufacturing processes. A combination of experience in the following areas is also desirable: Demonstrate personal safety awareness and promote a safe work environment. Willing to work rotating shifts/overtime. Good mechanical and troubleshooting skills, solid computer skills, operate high speed equipment after an initial training period. Paper machine, converting, or other process related experience. Ability to communicate effectively in a team or self-directed work environment. Key responsibilities are not limited, but include:
Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
Familiar with Lockout/Tagout policies as well as Confine Space policies
Assist with control room operating duties, such as blade changes and machine sheet breaks
Examine completed work to detect defects and verify conformance to work orders, and adjust machinery or notify appropriate individuals as necessary to correct production problems
Assist in Continuous Improvement projects, such as 5S events and Kaizens
Assist during maintenance outages and felt and wire changes
Move finished rolls, chemicals or other materials to and from storage or production areas and loading docks with material handling equipment
Familiar with DCS for Machine Operations
Familiar with Wet end and Dry end components of a Paper Machine
Understand operations of a small gas fired Boiler – boiler startup and boiler water testing
Adjust Paper Machine Process To Maintain Quality Centerlines Of Paper
Direct Team Members In Daily Operations Of Paper Machine
Assist Quality Department during trials
Train Team Members in Paper Making Process and Back Tender Responsibilities
Perform Responsibilities as a Relief Control Room Operator
Enter Work Orders Into JDE Work Order System To Identify Equipment In Need Of Repairs
Work With Maintenance and E&I Department in Completing Work Orders
Manage Team on down Days If in Control Room operator position
Able To Prioritize Several Situations At Once
Other duties as assigned Required qualifications and competencies:
High school education or GED required + 2-5 years experience working as Back Tender
Problem solving ability
Good reading, writing and verbal skills
Basic computer skills
Self-Motivated Additional experience preferred:
Achievement of technical skills in all positions on the paper machine
Prior DCS (Distributive Control System) experience
Tissue paper experience This position requires working in all areas of the paper machine. Lifting, bending will be required. The area is hot and loud. There are slipping, tripping and falling hazards, as well as in running nips and suspended loads. Compressed air, steam, lubrication oil and hydraulic fluid will be used in the paper machine area. Travel for this position is minimal, but may be occasionally required. Overtime is required to complete critical tasks and meet deadlines. Req No.: 2017-3144 External Company URL: http://www.clearwaterpaper.com
Machine Operator: Tissue Paper Converting Line
Salary Range: $12.00 - $16.00 hourly depending on experience
strong>Job Shift: Shift 2 or Shift 3 (3PM-11PM or 11PM-7AM)
Education Level: High school diploma or equivalent
Job Category: Manufacturing
We are looking for self-motivated employees, eager to grow, with a positive attitude and desire to succeed. We will train applicants interested in learning new skills, and give them the opportunity to advance from within. We are looking for people seeking a stable work environment and who enjoy working as part of a team. The ideal candidate will be someone who can work in a fast paced environment and is able to learn new skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Start-up and shutdown of paper converting line
- Gain extensive knowledge of the entire production line
- Troubleshoot machines, both simple and complex issues, and maintain optimal production efficiency
- Constantly check the quality of the product being produced
- Make sure material stock levels are adequate on the machine and direct machine tender to tend to those zones under his responsibility.
- Help front end and back end if a situation arises where you could be of service.
- Must maintain area clean and organized at all times.
- Education: High School or GED
- Experience: 2 years in a manufacturing position
- Team player
- Able to lift 40 lbs
- Must pay attention to detail
- Must be alert and aware of surroundings at all times
- Must react quickly and responsibly
- Committed to values and possess the highest standards of ethical behavior
- Willing to learn new skills and follow directions
- Must pass drug test and background check
- Flexographic printing experience is a plus
- Medical coverage
- 401k program
- Paid time off
- Shift differential pay applicable for 2nd and 3rd shift
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!