Cargo Agent Job Description Sample
Reporting: Supervisor, Cargo Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Shift: Graveyard shift from 8:00pm-4:30am
Compiles documents on import or export cargo shipments. Expedites shipment of cargo from warehouse and assists customers in tracking their shipments. Deals directly with customers either by telephone or in person and handles cash transactions.
Essential Duties and
We believe that true excellence is only delivered by people with the knowledge, tools and passion to set standards rather than chase them.
View our video to see how members of our leadership team started their careers with Menzies Aviation: https://vimeo.com/218755795
Afternoon Data Entry-Dfw Cargo Agent
Must Be Able To Work A Shift Starting between 1:00pm & 3:00pm
The Typical Shift is 2pm-11:30pm-Weekends Included (2 Days off During the Week).
- Act as handling agent for Airlines
- Inform all authorized parties concerning movements of Airline's aircraft and
- Compile, dispatch and receive all messages pertaining to the cargo handling Inform all parties, when necessary, of the content of such messages.
- Prepare/process cargo documents, air bills, and air way
- Answer Airline's telephone and take appropriate action when necessary and/or
- Obtain customer's clearance of inbound cargo and prepare/process all necessary documents to government agencies relating to international
- Prepare transfer manifest(s) for all transfer
- Conduct physical inspections and screening of packages/cargo per client
- Prepare the Unit Load Device Receipt for all transfers of Unit Load Devices and distribute copies according to Airline's
- Service customers at Interact with customer to ensure complete and accurate shipping documents and all documents related to terminating shipments. Collect record and properly process all monies from customers.
- Customer Notification- Advise customers via telephone and written notification of the arrival of Inform shipper of cost of freight and storage charges if applicable.
- Airway Bill Input- Complete airway bills, required data entry and update computer Review paperwork and information to ensure accuracy and completion.
- Must be familiar with all FAA/Airline/Company
- Keep supervisor informed of needs and problems in assigned areas, maintain cleanliness of immediate work are and maintenance
- Project a positive image and respond to inquiries from clients, staff and public in a courteous manner
- Attend meetings and in-services as
- Utilize appropriate communications channels and maintain records, reports and files as
- Must be attired in proper uniform attire as directed by company officials and identification badges must always be
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and participate in achievement of company objectives.
- Utilize company and client equipment, supplies and resources in a conscientious, cost effective
- Perform other duties as assigned
Ramp & Cargo Agent Hiring - Swissport - Dulles 11/14-11/16
RAMP AGENTS DULLES AIRPORT
CARGO WAREHOUSE AGENTS DULLES AIRPORT
SWISSPORT HIRING EVENT - DULLES AIRPORT
HIRING EVENT ADDRESS IS THE FOLLOWING:
44965 Aviation Drive
Dulles, VA 20166
TUE 11/14 TO THUR 11/16
9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Benefits include the following:
- Health insurance availability at 60 days
- Company contributed 401k
- Paid Vacation
- Credit Union
- Weekly Paycheck
- Paid Training
Please apply online at Swissport.com/careers and visit us at our Hiring Event.
Cargo Agents are responsible for following all Everts Air Cargo (EAC) policies and procedures while completing daily duties involving mail induction, cargo consolidation and storage, and aircraft loading and unloading. Cargo Agents work in the warehouse, on the ramp, and in EAC aircraft throughout the year and in a wide variety of conditions. Cargo Agents transport mail to and from the post office and transfer it to other air carriers around the airport. Completion of assigned duties is accomplished by EAC’s Cargo Agents while using a variety of company equipment.
• Cargo Agent Essential Functions:
• 1. Induct Bypass, Non-Priority and Priority Mail into EAC’s transportation system, including stacking, shrink-wrapping, bagging and properly storing mail.
• 2. Operate company equipment while working in the warehouse and at the post office, including forklifts, box trucks and pallet jacks.
• 3. Conduct daily inspections of forklifts, box trucks and chip containers.
• 4. Maintain a clean and hazard-free work environment, including emptying trash cans, and cleaning box trucks and the warehouse as needed.
• Rampers Essential Functions (in addition to Cargo Agent I Functions):
• 1. Organize and consolidate freight and mail in preparation for loading.
• 2. Stage freight and mail in preparation for a flight.
• 3. Assist with connection and start-up of ground power units on aircraft, when needed.
• 4. Complete aircraft preparation duties prior to loading EAC flights.
• 5. Operate company equipment while working on the ramp and safely and efficiently loading EAC aircraft, including use of forklifts, belt loaders, bob-tail trucks, chain carts and dollies, and scissor lift trucks.
• 6. Utilize various support tools such as pipe rollers, vehicle dollies, pallet jacks, toothpicks and pry bars during completion of loading and unloading duties.
• 7. Perform safety-related functions such as securing cargo loads with straps and nets and the securing of cargo doors. Assist with connecting aircraft power units and placement of wheel chocks and air stairs.
• 8. Occasionally fly on aircraft to final destination to assist in loading and unloading.
• 9. Transfer mail to the post office or other air carriers as dictated by the post office personnel.
• 10. Maintain a clean and hazard-free work environment. Including emptying outdoor trash cans and hoppers, cleaning and organizing the ramp areas as assigned, cleaning company equipment stored outdoors, and assisting in post-load clean-up of FOD from the ramp areas and around the aircraft.
Forklift Operator I Essential Functions (Cargo Agent):
1. Operating forklift inside the warehouse (including chill and freeze units and dock-high trailers) while maintaining the highest level of attention to safety and productivity.
Forklift Operator II Essential Functions (Rampers):
1. Operating forklift on the ramp (including moving, storing and staging mail and freight and unloading flatbed trailers) while maintaining the highest level of attention to safety and productivity.
Forklift Operator III Essential Functions (Primary Forklift Operators):
1. Operating forklifts while loading and unloading aircraft (including loading oversized freight and assisting with vehicle loading) while maintaining the highest level of attention to safety and productivity.
1. Requires the ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
1. Valid Driver’s license
• 1. Requires the ability to understand, retain, and deliver information verbally and written.
• 2. Individual must be energetic, self-motivated and comfortable with frequent changes.
• 3. Must be able to accomplish assigned tasks independently and in a timely manner.
• 4. Must complete Request for Computer Access form (PS Form 1357-S) from the USPS to allow access to the SAMS Bypass mail appointment web site.
Under the supervision of the lead agent and/or supervisor on duty, Cargo Agents are responsible for the routing, loading and unloading of inbound and outbound air freight shipments to and from the proper destinations. In addition, Cargo Agents interact with customers to receive and provide cargo shipments, collect fees and process payments and other transactions related to those shipments in a courteous, accurate and timely manner. Cargo Agents may also perform Ramp Agent duties as needed. Essential Functions:
Loads/unloads freight, packages or cargo in a safe and timely manner.
Receives orders from customers and arranges for pickup of freight and cargo.
Prepares and examines bills of lading and weigh items to determine shipping charges and prepare freight bills.
Collects fees, processes payments, and issues refunds in a prompt and courteous manner using the computer system.
Contacts vendors and/or claims adjustment department to resolve problems with shipments.
Notifies customers of delays in departure of shipment.
Prepares manifest to accompany shipments and maintains records of goods shipped, received and stored.
Greets customers in a friendly and courteous manner and provides information concerning cargo shipment.
Maintains safety and security of the cargo facility at all times and complies with safety procedures and station policies.
Reads and verifies cargo shipment to ensure correct loading of customer shipment.
Communicates with other ground personnel concerning arrival/departure information of shipment in a professional manner.
Arrives to work on time and at assigned post to ensure prompt servicing of the aircraft and on time departures.
Miscellaneous duties as assigned by Supervisor and Manager. This description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Particular functions, tasks and requirements may vary or be added depending upon the location and operational requirements. The text on this site does not represent a contract of employment and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate. DAL Global Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Vets/Disabled
Primary Location: United States of America-Virginia-Sterling
SHIFT HOURS: 10:00 PM - 6:00 AMESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Ensures all QAS and customer safety standards are met and maintained.Properly and safely loads and unloads freight. Including build up and break down of cargo pallets and freight containers following guidelines.Protects freight from elements, damage and vandalism.Holds equipment certifications and operates equipment safely.
Must successfully complete all training classes.Obtains proper security documents for all shipments.Verifies upon receipt from customer shipment pieces, weight, dimensions and airworthiness. Verifies upon delivery to customer shipment pieces and airway bill numbers.Performs other duties assigned by QAS management.Compliance with all applicable environmental laws and permits.REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:High School Diploma or GED Required. Valid US driver's license.Must be able to pass all required background and clearance requirements.Successful completion of required airport badging process and pre-employment drug screen is required.Intermediate computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel) .PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; speak clearly and hear efficiently.Employees must regularly lift and/or move up to, in excess of 25/55 pounds. Employees must have the ability to climb 15 foot heights for work. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.Must have good communication skills when dealing with customers.WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Exposure to weather conditions prevalent at the time. Noise level in the work environment is excessive at times.TRAVEL:N/AAs a federal contractor we conform to all laws, statutes and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job postings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information and Testing, Family and Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
Cargo Agent - ORD
Total Airport Services, LLC.
836 Patton Drive
Chicago, IL 60666
Forklift experience required
Must be able to lift at least 70 lbs
Driver license preferred
*SUMMARY*Coordinates and follows up on activities by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
*ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES* include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist customers both over the telephone and at the front counter.
- Notify customers of freight arrival and charges applied.
- Prepare documentation for inbound/outbound flights and U.S. Customs.
- Make cargo reservations for outbound flights.
- Notify/assist customers in picking-up freight and collecting the charges due.
- Sell and issue airway bills for customers and apply tariff rates.
- Operate airline computer systems to assist customers with questions or problems, including AMS.
- Meet inbound and outbound flights for document handling.
- Process and deliver documentation to U.S. Customs and other government agencies.
- Comply with all safety/security regulations.
- Coordinate all cargo related activities with clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
*SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES*This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
*QUALIFICATIONS* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform eachessential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE*H.S. Diploma or GED; or over 1 year up to and including 3 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.*LANGUAGE SKILLS*Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
*MATHEMATICAL SKILLS*Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
*REASONING ABILITY*Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
COMPUTER SKILLS: None.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES and REGISTRATIONS- Valid State Driver’s License- Valid Forklift License- Dangerous Goods Awareness Certification
*OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES*- Ability to place freight on racks using a forklift.
*OTHER REQUIREMENTS*- May occasionally be asked to run local errands.- Security Clearance, (for airport security purposes) pass a 10-year background screening.
*PHYSICAL DEMANDS* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
*WORK ENVIRONMENT* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; working in high places; fumes or airborne particles; vibrations and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions [non-weather]; toxic/caustic chemicals; extreme cold and heat [non-weather]; risk of electrical shock; and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Our service is personalized because senior management is involved and committed to our customers. With TAS, each of our customers are unique and special; not just another number in a long list of contracts. If there ever is a problem, it's handled quickly and to our customer's satisfaction. We do this because we believe that satisfied customers are our best marketing tool. If our customer succeeds, then so do we!
Our Quality Customer Service, a critical component of airline and airport service, means consistency and reliability to our customers as they serve the traveling public. Whether it's safely turning aircraft on time, insuring airports operate properly, or helping shippers safely move their cargo, TAS is a company that specializes in Quality Customer Service.
We perform these services in five primary areas. These are: Cargo Aircraft Handling; Cargo Warehousing; Passenger Aircraft Handling and Passenger Services; and Airport Support Services.
Visit us at www.tasinc.aero
View TAS video click here http://totalairportservices.com/videos.php
Station Agent And Cargo Handler
We are currently seeking seasonal Forklift Drivers and Station Agent (Counter Clerks), to work in our offices in Brooklyn, NY.
Air cargo experience preferred.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:30pm, Saturday 8:00am-3:00pm
Pays 13/hr for Forklift and 14.42/hr for the Counter Clerk (Station Agent)
Must be able to pass a Level 2 - fingerprints background check
Please call our office 954-516-6400
Station Agent Job Duties:
*Verifies cargo documentation by comparing items requested to master list; clarifying unclear items.
*Forwards and creates documentation for Airway Bills. Also will verify bills of ladings; scheduling delivery.
*Will be working in a warehouse environment.
*Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtaining approval from requisitioning department.
*Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders.
*Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to cargo forwarded; resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
*Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents.
*Handle additional job duties as needed and completing related results as needed.
*Handles various labor in the warehouse, including forklift operation.
*Loading and unloading of pallets to and from container trucks.
*Wrapping and moving pallets.
*COUNTER CLERK: At least 1 year dealing with Bills of Ladings and Customer Service.
*FORKLIFT DRIVER: At least 2 years driving forklift.
*Must be computer Savvy.
*Must be punctual.
*Professional communication skills and demeanor.
*Bilingual English and Spanish Preferred.
At HR Employer Solutions Group we take a dedicated approach to creating a unique talent design for each of our clients. Whether your needs are based on long term or short term goals our talent experts can help design and create sustainable solutions to all your talent needs. We work as true business partners to support your organizations vision. We understand that successful hires are measured against a companies future vision for leadership.
Warehouse Cargo Agent
Job Description: Under general supervision, this employee performs duties related to the handling, counting, receipting for pick-up, transfer and delivery of all cargo (which includes mail, express, baggage, freight to and from airmail facilities, other carriers, customer warehouses and various Company facilities). Receives cargo from and releases cargo to consignors, consignees, brokers, agents, truckers, etc., including checking, counting, receipting and loading and unloading connected therewith.
Handles warehouse cargo, including handling, moving, stacking, stamping, weighing, measuring, labeling, etc., and constructing and dismantling when necessary. Performs duties related to the loading and unloading of aircraft and trucks, including the removal of tie down gear, and other related equipment. This employee checks cargo and makes proper notations of tallies or other necessary documents and segregates in accordance with Company procedures.
Releases cargo in accordance with Company procedures. Operates and checks Company vehicles and mechanized loading equipment in accordance with Company procedures in performance of above duties. Receives, delivers and handles shipments carried to or from the country by customers.
The Cargo Agent is to assume responsibility in performing daily equipment preventive maintenance and safety checks. Drives Company operated automotive equipment for transporting personnel, baggage, and freight to and from points on or off the airport; loads and unloads baggage and material transported; cleans, arranges for servicing and maintaining assigned vehicle. Works under the close supervision of Super Lead in the performance of above mentioned duties.
Cooperates with the Company in maintaining a neat and orderly office, warehouse and counter area, including the removal of snow and ice from walkways and truck docks. Cooperates with the Company in maintaining and improving performance standards in accordance with Company established standards of performance measurements required by the airline customer and agreed upon by the Company. Cooperates with the Company in improving productivity standards in accordance with established Company productivity measurements and requirements.
Comply with WFS site security procedures for assigned warehouse and other operations. Remain cognizant of WFS staff, security contractors, and visitors’ activities and report security breaches, suspicious occurrences, or non-compliance with the site security plan to managers or via the WFS whistleblower program. Required Skills Load and unload aircraft of cargo weighing up to 70 lbs. in and out of aircraft within confined cargo areas, push, pull, and position loaded containers weighing up to 3,200 lbs. on rollers with/to aircraft.
Driving vehicles with gross weights of 3,000 to 80,000 lbs. in areas congested with aircraft, moving and stationary vehicles and equipment as well as positioning vehicle up to aircraft requiring depth perception and the ability to distinguish colors, red, green, and yellow. Engage in push-out of aircraft driving 80,000 lb. vehicle or assist by providing guide function to driver using depth perception in congested areas or speaking to cockpit during push-back procedure. Transport cargo to and from aircraft driving 3,000 lb. vehicle using depth perception to negotiate vehicle with attached carts through congested area.
Read "off-load" sheets to determine destination of cargo. While performing aircraft push-out and/or towing functions, engage in proper specific ground to cockpit communication via hand signals and voice commands, with and without, the assistance of sight or visual aids. Ability to successfully communicate with others.
Ability to work in a high-noise level environment. Ability to understand and react to verbal commands and safety warnings, with and without, assistance of sight or visual aids. Pull, push, and lift bags weighing up to 70 lbs. onto or from a conveyor belt.
Pull water hose from stationary cabinet and connect to aircraft. Lift, connect overhead and remove overhead, 40 lb. KVA electric cable to/from aircraft.
De-ice aircraft at heights of up to 20 - 80 ft. lifting and holding nose, spray exterior of wings and fuselage with glycol. Ability to judge distances. Ability to confront and question unauthorized personnel in secured areas, and report their presence to authorities as necessary.
Reports to work on a regular and timely basis. Required Experience Must be at least 18 years of age. High school diploma or GED preferred.
Valid drivers’ license. Ability to work rotating shifts including weekends (i.e. Friday, Saturday and Sunday), holidays, and days off. Ability to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language. Tracking Code: 1539-629 Job Location: Humble, Texas, United States
- Position Type:* Full-Time/Regular
Cargo Customer Service Agent
Thank you for inquiring about the opportunity to become a Ready Reserve Cargo Customer Service Agent.
Performs a variety of duties according to the functional work area. Cargo agents lift, load, unload and transport cargo and, mail to aircraft. Duties also include operating ground support equipment such as tugs, forklifts and tow tractors.
Subject to shift work, working weekends and holidays. Subject to working in inclement weather. Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures while performing under time constraints.
As part of our Ready Reserve program, you can work 300 - 1300 hours per year. This position could be the perfect entry-level position, eventually allowing you the opportunity to apply for a full-time position if you so desire. Practices safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.Job
Previous cargo and warehouse operations experience preferred.
Must successfully complete relevant training classes. Must have a valid driver's license.
Should have excellent oral and verbal communication skills and be able to comprehend detailed job instructions. Subject to shift work and working weekends. Requires outside work.
Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures while performing under time constraints. Should project a professional image. Typing/computer skills are strongly preferred.
Must be able to drive and safely operate cargo loader and baggage tug, as well as tow tractor when required to dispatch aircraft. Must be able to perform essential job functions, including the ability to routinely lift at least 70 pounds.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!