Cargo Agent Job Description Sample
Under the supervision of the lead agent and/or supervisor on duty, Cargo Agents are responsible for the routing, loading and unloading of inbound and outbound air freight shipments to and from the proper destinations. In addition, Cargo Agents interact with customers to receive and provide cargo shipments, collect fees and process payments and other transactions related to those shipments in a courteous, accurate and timely manner. Cargo Agents may also perform Ramp Agent duties as needed. Essential Functions:
Loads/unloads freight, packages or cargo in a safe and timely manner.
Receives orders from customers and arranges for pickup of freight and cargo.
Prepares and examines bills of lading and weigh items to determine shipping charges and prepare freight bills.
Collects fees, processes payments, and issues refunds in a prompt and courteous manner using the computer system.
Contacts vendors and/or claims adjustment department to resolve problems with shipments.
Notifies customers of delays in departure of shipment.
Prepares manifest to accompany shipments and maintains records of goods shipped, received and stored.
Greets customers in a friendly and courteous manner and provides information concerning cargo shipment.
Maintains safety and security of the cargo facility at all times and complies with safety procedures and station policies.
Reads and verifies cargo shipment to ensure correct loading of customer shipment.
Communicates with other ground personnel concerning arrival/departure information of shipment in a professional manner.
Arrives to work on time and at assigned post to ensure prompt servicing of the aircraft and on time departures.
Miscellaneous duties as assigned by Supervisor and Manager. This description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Particular functions, tasks and requirements may vary or be added depending upon the location and operational requirements. The text on this site does not represent a contract of employment and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate. DAL Global Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Vets/Disabled
Primary Location: United States of America-Kentucky-Hebron
Air Cargo Agent
Join our team of problem solvers working with one of the world¿s largest airline cargo operations. As part of Staff Management | SMX you'll earn a weekly paycheck, learn new skills, meet new people, and work with a great management team in a clean and safe environment. Industry: Warehouse/Distribution.
Duties: Manage shipments from acceptance to final delivery is a warehouse environment. Break down cargo arriving from worldwide points while keeping accurate record of shipment details. Stage cargo for outgoing flights ensuring shipments comply with all domestic and international requirements.
Sort and process priority postal products in a time critical environment. Conduct critical face-to-face service functions with both internal and external customers. Perform the required duties with safety and quality as the top priority.
Take pride in your work product and your daily productivity. Employment Types: Full Time, Part Time.
Work Location: United Cargo-5001, 3230 Pallet Road, Houston, TX 77068. Job Types:
General Labor. Shifts: All Shifts. Attributes: Background Check, Drug Test, Stand for Shift Duration, Must be at least 18 years old.
Benefits: Weekly paychecks, Direct Deposit or Cash Card pay options. Lifting
Able to Lift 40 pounds.
Education Required: No Education Requirement. Starting Wage: $0.00.
Pay Rate: Hourly Wages.
Ability to communicate effectively. Demonstrated ability to problem solve. Experience in fostering a safe and healthy work environment.
Ability to lift 40 lbs. Ability to stand for the duration of an extended shift. Work in temperature extremes.
Office Cargo Agent
Job Description: The work of Agent Cargo includes computer data entry; prepares all flight documents; interfaces with U.S.
Customs; prepares all import and export documentation, and accepts/distributes cargo in accordance with applicable air carrier and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. Complies lists of customers for use as sales leads. Solicits orders or talks with customers to complete sales.
Quotes prices and terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained. Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of company’s delivery schedules. Moves cargo up to 70lbs.
Comply with WFS site security procedures for assigned warehouse and other operations. Remain cognizant of WFS staff, security contractors, and visitors’ activities and report security breaches, suspicious occurrences, or non-compliance with the site security plan to managers or via the WFS whistleblower program. Required Skills Ability to handle the stress of a fast-paced eight hour shift.
Ability to learn PC skills and apply knowledge. Ability to concentrate on detail. Minimum typing speed of 30 WPM.
Reports to work on a regular and timely basis. Ability to lift 70 lbs. No exceptions.
Ability to drive all cargo handling equipment.
Ability to step up to an above ground level. Retrieve import/deliver export documents to and from aircraft.
Required Experience High School diploma or GED preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license and Port Authority or Airport Authority (if applicable) permit to use ramp side service roads. Must be at least 18 years of age if position requires driving cargo handling equipment.
Ability to work rotating shifts including weekends (i.e. Friday, Saturday and Sunday), holidays and days off. Ability to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language. Tracking Code: 1373-629 Job Location: Franklin Park, Illinois, United States
- Position Type:* Full-Time/Regular
Position Title: Cargo Agent Station: Charlotte, NC (CLT) Shift: 1st or 2nd, depending on the needs of the station Salary: $11.00 to $13.00 per hour Position Purpose: Expedite and route movement of incoming and outgoing cargo and freight shipments in airline and trucking terminals. Prepare and examine bills of landing to determine shipping charges and tariffs.
Enter data into airline computer system accurately
Processes air-way bills manifests accurately & on time
Verify upon receipt weight, dimensions and airworthiness
Verify upon delivery shipment pieces and air-way bill number
Build up and break down freight following established guidelines
Operate material handling equipment (e.g. forklift)
Organize freight within the warehouse
Clean-up work area during and at the end of the shift
Properly and safely loads and unload freight
- Inspect and maintain all equipment to ensure operational conditions are optimal Physical
Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds
Kneel and Climb Stairs
Balance and Twist
below hip height
between shoulder and hip
above shoulder level The following are minimum requirements for the Cargo Agent position:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Some travel required for training
Must have an active Driver’s License
Must adhere and be compliant to all strict OSHA/FAA/TSA/DHS regulations.
General knowledge of the aviation/cargo industry
Self-motivated with ability to multi-task
Ability to retain technical information and learn data-entry programs
Ability to maintain a high level of organization both administratively and operationally
Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule
Reliable method of transportation to arrive at the work location on-time
Pass Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) 10-year background check & drug test The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. ID: 2017-1259
Responsible for providing physical and documented freight and cargo handling services within Everts Air’s operations, for the purpose of completing Company business goals as a direct Air Cargo Airline.
• Essential Functions:
• 1. Will be working with other staff members as a team member contributing to the overall success of Company’s freight and cargo handling goals.
• 2. Meet and greet customers, private and business’, delivering freight for our services in a courteous professional manner, assisting with the acceptance processes and documentations of deliveries. Will entail paper and or electronic documentations, confirmations of accepting liabilities with the receipt of such freight etc. (freight & cargo includes USPS Mails).
• 3. Insure all accepted freight is marked, labeled and placed into facility inventory staging areas correctly.
• 4. Perform inventory audits and corrections or improvements to such inventory descriptions as warranted or necessary.
• 5. Able to pull freight & cargo from inventories to match flight manifesting needs accurately, timely and efficiently for various Company flights.
• 6. Able to correctly load or assist in loading cargo onto various company aircraft, with competency applied to tie down and restraint of loaded cargo.
• 7. Will meet arriving flights supporting aircraft turning, returning, cargo handling and documentations to accomplish Company’s cargo & freight service goals (this includes cargo handling and aircraft specific tasks).
• 8. Be able to read and understand information from Company Manuals, Information sharing formats, training events, verbal instructions, written and verbal directions/instructions.
• 9. Be able to operate various tools and equipment; able to perform user responsibilities associated with each of those tools and equipment; office equipment, warehouse equipment (pallet jacks, forklifts, vehicles, trucks etc) (perform required equipment checks of various natures as scheduled and trained).
• 10. Conduct self, and operating equipment correctly and safely around all areas of air operations. Including complying with all Security and Safety requirements and Ground Security Coordinator responsibilities when applicable.
• 11. Communicate with other employees and departments as appropriate and required, to facilitate Company’s missions, safety and cargo business goals. (loadmasters, cargo agents, maintenance, management and flight crew).
• 12. Maintain a clean warehouse, ramp areas and aircraft. Sweep/mop floors, dispose of refuge, empty trash/FOD cans and other housekeeping tasks as assigned.
• 13. Handle freight, cargo and US Mails in Company’s operations to and from other facilities and business’ as required.
• 14. Accompany aircraft on occasion to final destination to assist in loading and unloading.
• 15. Provide support for company’s operational requirements such as pre heating, cleaning and placing wing covers or engine covers and other support task on and for aircraft.
• 16. Perform other duties as assigned to include assisting other Everts Air departments.
1. Requires the ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
1. Valid Driver’s license
• 1. Requires the ability to understand, retain, and deliver information verbally and written.
• 2. Individual must be energetic, self-motivated and comfortable with frequent changes.
• 3. Must be able to accomplish assigned tasks independently and in a timely manner.
• 4. Must complete Request for Computer Access form (PS Form 1357-S) from the USPS to allow access to the SAMS Bypass mail appointment web site.
Afternoon Data Entry-Dfw Cargo Agent
Must Be Able To Work A Shift Starting between 1:00pm & 3:00pm
The Typical Shift is 2pm-11:30pm-Weekends Included (2 Days off During the Week).
- Act as handling agent for Airlines
- Inform all authorized parties concerning movements of Airline's aircraft and
- Compile, dispatch and receive all messages pertaining to the cargo handling Inform all parties, when necessary, of the content of such messages.
- Prepare/process cargo documents, air bills, and air way
- Answer Airline's telephone and take appropriate action when necessary and/or
- Obtain customer's clearance of inbound cargo and prepare/process all necessary documents to government agencies relating to international
- Prepare transfer manifest(s) for all transfer
- Conduct physical inspections and screening of packages/cargo per client
- Prepare the Unit Load Device Receipt for all transfers of Unit Load Devices and distribute copies according to Airline's
- Service customers at Interact with customer to ensure complete and accurate shipping documents and all documents related to terminating shipments. Collect record and properly process all monies from customers.
- Customer Notification- Advise customers via telephone and written notification of the arrival of Inform shipper of cost of freight and storage charges if applicable.
- Airway Bill Input- Complete airway bills, required data entry and update computer Review paperwork and information to ensure accuracy and completion.
- Must be familiar with all FAA/Airline/Company
- Keep supervisor informed of needs and problems in assigned areas, maintain cleanliness of immediate work are and maintenance
- Project a positive image and respond to inquiries from clients, staff and public in a courteous manner
- Attend meetings and in-services as
- Utilize appropriate communications channels and maintain records, reports and files as
- Must be attired in proper uniform attire as directed by company officials and identification badges must always be
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and participate in achievement of company objectives.
- Utilize company and client equipment, supplies and resources in a conscientious, cost effective
- Perform other duties as assigned
Cargo Agent - ORD
Total Airport Services, LLC.
836 Patton Drive
The Cargo Agent role is to build up, break down, load, unload and transfer freight to various airlines. Agents are also responsible for safety/security regulation compliance.
Chicago, IL 60666
Cargo Agent is responsible for:
§ Build up cargo for outbound flights.
§ Breakdown and check-on cargo from inbound flights.
§ Load and unload cargo from pallets and containers.
§ Lift heavy weights on a continual basis.
§ Communicate with customers coming in to pick-up or drop-off cargo.
§ Communicate with Airline clients/customers,
§ Perform transfers of freight to other airlines on the airfield.
§ Maintain high standards of safety.
§ Comply with all safety/security regulations.
§ Inspect equipment to prevent damage and injury.
§ Confirm shipping information for shippers and assures air bills are printed and ready for placement on cargo.
§ Maintain the cleanliness of facilities and equipment.
§ Possibly Drive and operate forklift and tug.
§ Other duties as assigned.
- Operational Group – Performs the essential activities according to manuals, norms, processes, and procedures, ensuring firmness of purpose in implementing processes and procedures, through Operational Group with business mindset, operational excellence assuring safety condition.
*SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES* This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
*QUALIFICATIONS* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE* H.S. Diploma or GED; or over 1 year up to and including 3 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
*LANGUAGE SKILLS* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
*MATHEMATICAL SKILLS* Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
*REASONING ABILITY* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
*COMPUTER SKILLS* N/A
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES and REGISTRATIONS- Valid State Driver’s License- Valid Forklift License- Dangerous Goods Awareness Certification
*OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES*- Ability to place freight on racks using a forklift.
*OTHER REQUIREMENTS*- May occasionally be asked to run local errands.- Security Clearance, (for airport security purposes) pass a 10-year background screening.
*PHYSICAL DEMANDS* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
*WORK ENVIRONMENT* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; working in high places; fumes or airborne particles; vibrations and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions [non-weather]; toxic/caustic chemicals; extreme cold and heat [non-weather]; risk of electrical shock; and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Our service is personalized because senior management is involved and committed to our customers. With TAS, each of our customers are unique and special; not just another number in a long list of contracts. If there ever is a problem, it's handled quickly and to our customer's satisfaction. We do this because we believe that satisfied customers are our best marketing tool. If our customer succeeds, then so do we!
Our Quality Customer Service, a critical component of airline and airport service, means consistency and reliability to our customers as they serve the traveling public. Whether it's safely turning aircraft on time, insuring airports operate properly, or helping shippers safely move their cargo, TAS is a company that specializes in Quality Customer Service.
We perform these services in five primary areas. These are: Cargo Aircraft Handling; Cargo Warehousing; Passenger Aircraft Handling and Passenger Services; and Airport Support Services.
Visit us at www.tasinc.aero
View TAS video click here http://totalairportservices.com/videos.php
AirServ Corporation is hiring for a Cargo Agent job in Denver,CO AirServ Corporation, a subsidiary of ABM, a leading provider of integrated facility solutions, is looking for a Cargo Agent. Pay Rate: $12.00 Hourly Full Time Benefits include:
Full Time and Part Time Schedules available Paid Training ECO Pass or Parking Benefits Available Health and Wellness Benefits Available Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays The Cargo Agent is responsible for acceptance, handling, and transfer of cargo at designated Client facilities. Click "Apply Now" to complete an application now
Cargo Ramp Agent
Job ID:* 31496 Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Location:* Seattle, WA
Job Title:* Cargo Ramp Agent PAY The position pays per union agreement. ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica and Cuba. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Alaska Native painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska, with Virgin America, is the premier airline for people on the West Coast, and together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 118 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion. . POSITION INFORMATION HOURS
This position is for full time hours KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Load and offload luggage and cargo with the use of conveyor belts or forklifts
Transport luggage and cargo to various airport locations
Maintaining ramp and warehouse areas
Marshaling and pushing back aircraft
Other duties as assigned
Embody the Alaska Spirit and conducts oneself with Professionalism, Integrity, Resourcefulness, and Caring TRAINING
Most training will take place at one of our office buildings just 2 miles south of the airport
Some training might take place in Anchorage, Alaska. Flights and accommodations will be provided
All training is paid PAY
This position pays per union agreement, which is $11.22 per hour. QUALIFICATIONS
High school diploma or equivalent required
Must be at least 18 years old
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Valid driver's license with a good driving record required, defined by the following: No DUI, DWI, reckless or negligent driving within the last five years, no suspensions, terminations or revocations in the last five years, and no more than three moving violations in the last two years
Knowledge of operation of industrial equipment and previous experience preferred
Exceptional interpersonal skills with an ability to get along with others
Flexible to work varied shifts, weekends, holidays required
Able to lift up to 75 lbs on a frequent basis required
Able to obtain airport security clearance required
Able to adapt to performing work according to set procedures
Able to anticipate needs of others in a fast paced environment
Able to work at a constant and quick pace for up to two hours at one time
Able to learn quickly and understand and interpret flight schedules and airline flight destination information
Must have good attendance and punctuality record THE LOCATION The location for this position is in Seattle, Washington OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Our values reflect who we are at work and in our communities: Own Safety, Do the Right Thing, Be Kind-Hearted, Deliver Performance, and Be Remarkable. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. . POSTING INFORMATION A few helpful tips when applying - ~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab. ~Gather your paperwork, including your work history, resume etc. - before you apply to the position. ~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to. ~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system. Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law. Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.
Cargo Mail/Warehouse Agent Airport
Organize warehouse and storage facilities; arrange warehouse handling equipment and load/unload air cargo. Maintain the required safety and quality standards as well as comply with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and company policies.
- Load/unload air cargo from/to trucks
- Prepare and palletize cargo as needed
- Make sure paperwork related to the cargo is correct
- Assure proper handling and delivery of cargo and operation of related equipment
- Follow Dangerous Goods Requirements and Regulations
- Comply with Swissport Standard Operating Procedures and Policies
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid driver's license
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work flexible working hours
- Ability to work in inclement weather
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
Swissport International Ltd. is the leading Ground Services Provider to the aviation industry. Swissport is employing over 60,000 dedicated professionals, serving over 700 client companies at 269 stations in 48 countries on five continents. Swissport delivers unparalleled value in the areas of Ground Handling, Cargo Services, Executive Aviation, Travel Services, Fueling and Aircraft Maintenance. We strive to operate with the core values of People, Professionalism, and Partnership in all that we undertake. Our mission is simple – “To provide the aviation industry with consistent and tailor-made solutions around the globe, for a better customer experience”.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!