Cargo Inspector Job Description Sample
Class C Delivery Drivers Needed Drive Our Cargo Vans We Pay For Gas
- OPENINGS IN RICHMOND WAREHOUSE.
- $16 PER HOUR. SHIFTS ARE DAY SHIFT, MORNINGS, 10 HOURS PER DAY, OVERTIME PAID.
- WE PROVIDE THE VAN AND THE GAS FOR YOU TO USE FOR WORK.
- DRIVERS WILL DELIVER PRODUCTS ORDERED ONLINE FROM MAJOR RETAILER.
- MUST BE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OLD, HAVE VALID CALIFORNIA DRIVER LICENSE, GOOD DRIVING RECORD, NO DUI'S, PASS DRUG TEST AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK.
- Driver, Delivery, Drivers, Chofer, Conductor, Entrega
Twic / Port Drivers, Stevedoring, Cargo & Equipment Operators
We currently have many TWIC / PORT jobs available.
You will be required to operate differing sizes of company equipment in a safe manner to stack and retrieve supplies and materials while maintaining inventory and ensuring production area organization and cleanliness.
You will need unescorted access to port facilities and vessels for transporting goods from ships to their destination
You must have a valid TWIC card and be able to access the port(s).
You must have a valid driver license and reliable transportation.
We are currently hiring for:
CDL DRIVERS: Class A & B
STEVEDORING: Bull, Break Bulk, Vehicle Operation, Yard Dog / Mule, Hooking and Unhooking
CARGO HANDLERS: Poultry WRIC, Rebar, T-bars, Lumber, and Paper
EQUIPMENT OPERATORS: Crane Operators, Forklift Operators, Forklift Attachments, Stackers, Mule
• Responsible for visual inspection of all products being received or loaded.
• Responsible for accuracy of all counts and for following proper tallying procedures.
• Responsible for accuracy, legibility, completion and timely submission of all documentation.
• Maintain sanitation and housekeeping in work and dock area.
Preferred Requirements Based on Trade:
• Hustler driving experience
• VALID CDL
• TWIC badge
• Clean driving record (3 points or less)
• 2 year or more of experience.
Cargo Hazmat Specialist
Hazardous Materials Specialists are responsible for the verification of accurate and complete hazardous materials paperwork prior to shipments being loaded on the aircraft and for training employees who have function specific duties concerning hazardous materials (both at Line Stations and Line Facilities). This position has a secondary responsibility as a Warehouse Customer Service Agent when not immediately engaged in hazardous material duties.
• Hazardous Materials Specialist Essential Functions:
• 1. Conduct and document Hazardous Materials Audits for all hazardous materials shipments offered for transportation aboard EAC’s aircraft.
• 2. Maintain required records for Shipper’s Declarations and Pilot Notifications.
• 3. Assist Leadership Staff in the evaluation of EAC’s current hazardous materials acceptance and transportation procedures to ensure on-going compliance with federal and international regulations.
• 4. Conduct and document initial, recurrent and refresher hazardous materials training for all required EAC employees.
• 5. Conduct and document initial and recurrent hazardous materials training for all required EAC Line Facility employees.
• 6. Provide leadership and guidance to company employees involved with hazardous materials spills.
• 7. Assist in educating the shipping public regarding existing and future changes to hazardous materials regulations.
• 8. Revise Hazardous Materials Counter Guides to include extensive and accurate examples of hazardous materials shipping papers, marking, packaging and labeling requirements.
• 9. Research special permits to ensure proper application for EAC’s transportation system.
• 10.Perform Warehouse Customer Service Agent functions to include: loading and offloading of freight, operation of warehouse equipment, completion of freight and other company documents, and communication with customers, vendors and internal employees in a professional and courteous manner.
1. Requires the ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
1. Valid Driver’s license
1. Requires the ability to understand, retain, and deliver information verbally and written.
2. Requires standing on hard surfaces, floors, ladders, and work stands for extended periods of time.
Ramp & Cargo Agent Hiring - Swissport - Dulles 11/14-11/16
RAMP AGENTS DULLES AIRPORT
CARGO WAREHOUSE AGENTS DULLES AIRPORT
SWISSPORT HIRING EVENT - DULLES AIRPORT
HIRING EVENT ADDRESS IS THE FOLLOWING:
44965 Aviation Drive
Dulles, VA 20166
TUE 11/14 TO THUR 11/16
9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Benefits include the following:
- Health insurance availability at 60 days
- Company contributed 401k
- Paid Vacation
- Credit Union
- Weekly Paycheck
- Paid Training
Please apply online at Swissport.com/careers and visit us at our Hiring Event.
Underwriting Technical Assistant - Falvey Cargo Underwriting
About Falvey Cargo Underwriting
Falvey Cargo Underwriting, a division of Falvey Insurance Group, Provides Solutions That Make a Difference. Falvey Cargo Underwriting operates in the marine cargo insurance market, and has done so since 1995. They hold the largest cargo covernote at Lloyd's of London. As a dedicated cargo market, they have the breadth of experience and expertise to be more agile and versatile than the competition, and the foresight to provide more comprehensive coverage.
Summary of Position
Supports the Underwriting Operations’ Underwriters in the production of new accounts and retention of existing accounts by providing prompt, efficient, high-quality service to designated brokers in a fast-paced multi-tasking team environment.
- Perform necessary review and analysis of submitted underwriting information received on assigned renewal accounts for Underwriter.
- Generate and maintain on a daily basis all phases of underwriting documentation including, but not limited to, filing of email, documenting telephone conversations, scanning paper correspondence and issuing policy documents (quotes, binders, policies, endorsements, certificates, invoices and other miscellaneous forms) via Microsoft Office Programs and Falvey Intranet Database System.
- Manage the day-to-day requests on assigned accounts with follow up to the assigned Underwriter and/or Broker, as necessary.
- Ensure information is furnished and that requests for action are relayed to the Underwriter or appropriate person, in a timely manner.
- Interpret requests of brokers and/or assureds and/or other company departments to help implement action items for the Underwriter.
- Promote broker relationship management by understanding key broker relationship contacts and ensuring contact database is accurate and updated, as needed. Annual travel, as necessary, to visit key brokers to reinforce good working relationship.
- Associated administrative duties include preparing materials needed for conferences, broker or assured appointments, and other company meeting, as necessary.
- Maintain a concern for timeliness and completeness when interacting with Brokers, Assureds, and London personnel to minimize potential for errors and omissions claims.
- Perform other projects or tasks as assigned by Management.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Demonstrate effective interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills through both verbal and written communication with the ability to share knowledge and work effectively in a team environment in a professional manner with all level of company staff including management and other departments as well as Company clients.
Ability to work independently and use personal computer, calculator, company automation system and proficiency in various software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
Minimum high school diploma or equivalent; 3+ years related office experience is required with a minimum of 1 year in an Insurance environment; Commercial Lines preferred.
Must have the necessary Property & Casualty Producer’s License or willingness to obtain such license within company allocated timeframe from date of employment.
CIS, CSR, AIS designation and/or completion of General Insurance Program and Associate degree in a business field or related business experience is preferred.
Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of times, lift heavy file boxes, communicate via telephone, and operate a computer, fax and copy machine.
Army Reserve- 88H Cargo Specialist (Freedom,Ca)
- U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder
- Be 17 to 35 years old
- Have no felonies
- Graduated High School with a Diploma or GED/ currently enrolled in High School as a senior
- Must be able to meet Height and Weight requirements for initial enlistment
- No tattoos on hands or above collar
- Commitment of 1 weekend per month and 2 weeks in the summer
Cargo specialists help ensure Army forces receive supplies, weapons, equipment and mail on a daily basis, all over the world. They are primarily responsible for transferring or supervising the transfer of passengers, cargo and equipment to and from air, land and water transport by manual and mechanical methods.
- Inspect, count and document cargo utilizing both manual and automated data processing systems
- Load and unload supplies and equipment from ships, docks, beaches, railheads, boxcars, warehouses, motor vehicles and aircraft
- Operate and maintain all types and sizes of winches, cranes and forklifts
- Create load plans for air shipment and ocean liner vessels
- Operate ocean liner vessel equipment
Job training for a cargo specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and eight weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instructions. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field.
Some of the skills you ll learn are:
- Operation and care of forklifts, power winches, container handlers and cranes
- Techniques for loading and storing cargo
- Techniques for planning and scheduling cargo shipments
- Safety procedures for handling potentially dangerous cargo
- Starting Pay ranges from 23,617.56 to 29,483.88
- Medical for employee and family
- GI Bill (36 months of paid college)
- 4,000 a year for college tuition
- Fast promotion rate
- Free Housing/ or allowance for housing based on zip code
Associated topics: clearance, cyber, department of defense, fire support specialist, missile, nato secret, navy, polygraph, sci, sensor
Cargo Claims Analyst
The Cargo Claim Analyst will support the Risk Management/Quality Department in analytical, reporting and record keeping functions. The primary responsibility of this position is to analyze each cargo claim based on investigation findings and documentation to determine claim validity to for best resolution. The Cargo Claims Analyst aids the Cargo Claims Manager in achieving the department’s goals and initiatives.
- Manage cargo claims; gather all facts concerning a claim and provide direction to facilitate claim resolution by working directly with claim adjusters, internal/external legal counsel, industry consultants and insurance companies to mitigate losses and ensure claims are resolved in a timely, cost effective manner
- Investigate the nature of the incident, collect all necessary documents, determine claim validity, determine and communicate resolution
- Track and report outstanding claims, determining equitable settlements and managing daily work queues.
- Maintain customer cargo claim aging on assigned accounts within customer guidelines
- Process check requests
- Communicate and support recommendation for carriers to be placed on hold
- Generate, analyze and distribute weekly claim report
- Process rebuttals, negotiations, and declinations for claim settlement
- Quality support including but not limited to assisting with preparation, follow up and documentation for weekly calls
- Accountable to achieve quotas and goals as assigned
- Optimize work processes by investigating and employing best practices with a focus on continuous improvement
- Other duties assigned as business needs require
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment and work under pressure
- Proficiency in web-based programs (TCM, OVISS, etc.)
- Proficient use of Microsoft Products, with emphasis on Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Ability to exercise good judgement in a variety of situations
- Ability to solve problems and think quickly under pressure
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Process improvement catalyst
- Demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner which facilitates the success of business operations in order to meet company demands and expectations
- Two years of claims handling experience in transportation industry preferred
- Two year college degree preferred
Our competitive advantage lies in our ability to provide timely, professional and dependable automobile transport delivery and logistics services. Leveraging our collective strengths, local operational control capitalizes on immediate and regional market knowledge, name recognition, and personal and customer relationships enjoyed by each division. At the same time, United Roads leadership experience, industry leading technology, national purchasing power, and investments in equipment, ensures that we excel in customer service, create an attractive, supportive environment for our employees and provide for the stability and growth of the company as a whole.
Cargo Van Delivery Drivers - NO CDL Needed
Rapidly growing local transportation company has immediate openings for 30 driver positions. Drivers will be driving newer company vans and all fuel is provided. Drivers average 8-10 hours per day and can work 4-6 days per week. Part time / weekend only jobs also available. Maximum weight of any 1 package is 40 lbs. Most are much lighter. No signature required on deliveries. Deliveries go to residences as well as businesses and most routes are in a very tight geographical area and average 75 - 10 miles per day. We also load the vans for you and all routes are pre-routed with turn by turn GPS already pre-programmed in. We also provide a scanner at no cost.
Starting pay for the driver job is $13 per hour with overtime pay over 40 hours. Each driver will have a performance review after 90 days with an opportunity for a raise and benefits. This is a long term employment opportunity. Not season work. Lead driver and dispatch opportunities will develop as we grow with this customer.
For interview, please respond by email and indicate which job or jobs you are applying for as well as a brief note saying why you feel this is a good fit for you. Attach a resume if you have 1. No more than 3 moving violations within the last 3 years. No DUIs. Applicants must also be able to pass a criminal background check and a drug test prior to start date.
Minivan/ Cargo Van/ Box Truck Owners Needed At Courier Express!!
Courier Express is seeking high quality, motivated Independent Contractor Couriers with cargo vans, sprinters, and box trucks for daytime, Mon-Fri delivery routes for the Savannah, Brunswick, Saint Simons, Jesup, Richmond Hill areas.
Why Courier Express?
You must OWN your own vehicle. We do NOT accept rentals.
With locations throughout the Southeast, our company has been growth-oriented since its founding in 1985. Our success is based upon our elite team of transportation, warehousing, and management experts, including over 100 company freight drivers and over 600 independent contractor drivers.
WE ARE HIRING CARGO HANDLERS IMMEDIATELY FOR FULL TIME, SEASONAL WORK AT JFK!
MUST BE WILLING TO TAKE A LEVEL 2 BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG TEST!
- Moving and separating freight/cargo
- Using forklift to move cargo
- Lifting cargo that may weigh over 50 lbs
- Flexible schedule M-THR 9am-5:30pm; Fridays 9am-7:30pm; SAT 8am-3pm
- Warehouse experience
- Forklift experience no less than 6 months (Forklift certified preferred)
- Palletize experience
At HR Employer Solutions Group we take a dedicated approach to creating a unique talent design for each of our clients. Whether your needs are based on long term or short term goals our talent experts can help design and create sustainable solutions to all your talent needs. We work as true business partners to support your organizations vision. We understand that successful hires are measured against a companies future vision for leadership.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!