Cargo Inspector Job Description Sample
Cargo Customer Service Agent
Performs a variety of duties according to the functional work area. Cargo agents lift, load, unload and transport cargo and, mail to aircraft. Duties also include operating ground support equipment such as tugs, forklifts and tow tractors.
Subject to shift work, working weekends and holidays. Subject to working in inclement weather. Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures while performing under time constraints.
As part of our Ready Reserve program, you can work 300 - 1300 hours per year. This position could be the perfect entry-level position, eventually allowing you the opportunity to apply for a full-time position if you so desire. Practices safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.Job
Previous cargo and warehouse operations experience preferred.
Must successfully complete relevant training classes. Must have a valid driver's license.
Should have excellent oral and verbal communication skills and be able to comprehend detailed job instructions. Subject to shift work and working weekends. Requires outside work.
Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures while performing under time constraints. Should project a professional image. Typing/computer skills are strongly preferred.
Must be able to drive and safely operate cargo loader and baggage tug, as well as tow tractor when required to dispatch aircraft. Must be able to perform essential job functions, including the ability to routinely lift at least 70 pounds.
Buf-Us Cargo Control
Ensuring the U.S. Cargo Control business unit at Clickstop meets or exceeds gross profit after advertising goals through effective utilization of shared services.
US Cargo Control is an industry leader serving tens of thousands of customers world-wide in the trucking and transportation, moving, rigging, and construction. This $30 million business unit is positioned to grow aggressively over the next 5 years and is in need of a Business Unit Fanatic to drive results through effective planning, execution, and utilization of Clickstop shared service teams. Responsibilities of a BUF are similar to a President role with regards to growth and business development, and do not include direct management of team members allowing for laser focus on the growth of the business unit.Responsible for meeting or exceeding Gross Profit after Advertising (GPA) targets
No supervisory responsibility in role (previous experience required)Strategic planning and communication of plans
Driver of Business DevelopmentDecisiveEffective project manager
Excellent at coordinating execution of enterprise wide initiatives and strategic plans.Fanatic of the business unit .EOE
Cargo Technician (2017-7218)
Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYAs a Cargo Technician, you will stage outgoing equipment orders truck load as directed by dispatch.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Stage outgoing equipment orders truck load as directed by dispatch
• Assist drivers with unloading and loading of equipment
• Assist drivers with equipment refueling
• Ensure returned equipment area is organized
• Assist in staging customer pick ups
• Assist customers load and unload equipment
• Properly fill out customer return tickets
• Help maintain a neat and organized yard space in general
• Various other tasks as may be directed by the PCM
• Must be able to demonstrate adequate time management and organizational skills
• Must be able to work unusual and sometimes long hours.
• Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds, bend stoop, squat, reach, crouch and kneel.
Gear up for an exciting career!
One of the largest equipment rental companies in North America and backed by a network of more than 600 locations, Sunbelt Rentals successfully services a variety of customers - from those in the commercial, residential, industrial, municipal, and specialized service industries, to weekend do-it-yourselfers. Sunbelt extensive fleet exceeds $5.0 billion and includes general construction equipment, industrial tools, pumps and power generation equipment, trench shoring, scaffolding, remediation & restoration equipment, and more.
Specialty Divisions and Market Segment Focus:
Designed to serve distinct customer segments requiring a high level of technical expertise, Sunbelt Rentals offer a highly diversified product mix, as well as trained experts.
Climate Control Services
Tools & Equipment
Oil & Gas Services
Pile Driving Services
Pump & Power Services
Remediation and Restoration
Cargo Mail/Warehouse Agent Airport
Organize warehouse and storage facilities; arrange warehouse handling equipment and load/unload air cargo. Maintain the required safety and quality standards as well as comply with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and company policies.
- Load/unload air cargo from/to trucks
- Prepare and palletize cargo as needed
- Make sure paperwork related to the cargo is correct
- Assure proper handling and delivery of cargo and operation of related equipment
- Follow Dangerous Goods Requirements and Regulations
- Comply with Swissport Standard Operating Procedures and Policies
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid driver's license
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work flexible working hours
- Ability to work in inclement weather
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
Swissport International Ltd. is the leading Ground Services Provider to the aviation industry. Swissport is employing over 60,000 dedicated professionals, serving over 700 client companies at 269 stations in 48 countries on five continents. Swissport delivers unparalleled value in the areas of Ground Handling, Cargo Services, Executive Aviation, Travel Services, Fueling and Aircraft Maintenance. We strive to operate with the core values of People, Professionalism, and Partnership in all that we undertake. Our mission is simple – “To provide the aviation industry with consistent and tailor-made solutions around the globe, for a better customer experience”.
Security Supervisor - Cargo Area Port Of Miami
Conduct access control for employees, visitors, and other persons to guard and maintain security of premises
-Monitor and report suspicious activities to local authorities
-Inspect documents validity such as; port ids, driver's licenses, passports for access control
-Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences
-Assist in the deployment, recovery, maintenance, and housekeeping of equipment
-Follow specific post orders and execute post responsibilities as required
-Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of vehicles, cargo trucks and visitors
-Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
-Must have a valid TWIC Card
-Must have a valid D license.
Required licenses or certifications:
- D LICENSE
Forklift Operator Loading/Unloading Cargo
Forklift Operator Loading/Unloading Cargo
- Forklift operations position in the Groveport area
- Must be flexible with schedule
- Starting pay is $13/hour with definite growth opportunity
- Long-term to permanent employment opportunity
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Please submit phone number with reply
Receives and distributes freight within established guidelines by performing the following duties:
• Reads air waybill, bills of lading, or freight manifests to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed
• Coveys freight to designated areas with forklift or other authorized vehicles
On Demand Drivers W/ Cars, Pickup Trucks, Suv's, Minivans, Cargo Vans,
On Demand Drivers w/ Cars, Pickup Trucks, SUV's, Minivans, Cargo Vans, and Sprinter Vans
compensation: Per Contract
employment type: contract
A major transportation brokerage company is looking for delivery drivers (independent contractors) who will drive their own vehicle to deliver general freight as well as other packages throughout the chicago area.
You can set your own hours. You can work as much or as little as you want. 7 days a week. Good for students, moms, retirees or anyone who wants to make extra money.
To be considered you must have the following:
A reliable and clean vehicle (car, pickup truck, minivan. cargo van, sprinter van & box trucks).
Valid driver's license & social security card
Current Auto Registration & Insurance
Smart phone with internet access.
Thorough knowledge of traffic laws.
Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with customers, dispatchers and the general public.
Ability to communicate effectively.
Ability to work independently.
Must be neat & clean.
Must be courteous and possess sound judgment.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status
Progistics proprietary developed TAGNET and eDemand technology offers the distribution industry significant productivity gains and measurable customer service improvements. Our operations cover all western states, Texas, Illinois, MA and Canada.
Cargo Claims Administrator
Investigate and analyze freight claims for loss, damage or delay
Maintain claims inventory of claims less than 120 days old
Handle customer inquiries and complaints
Provide claim prevention techniques and tips to the field
Process approximately 85% of all claims within 30 days of receipt
Communicate with management regarding decisions of claims
Required Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED Equivalent required.
College degree or 2 years college experience preferred.
Possess effective interpersonal communication skills
Able to work independently and as part of a team
Willing to make decisions and take action
Demonstrate initiative and ability to work under strict deadlines
Flexible and able to handle changing priorities
Possess sound judgment and common sense
Proficient in Microsoft office suite
Two years of freight claims analyst experience preferred
Knowledge of the following is a plus: Common Law Liability, Code of Federal Regulations, Rules and Tariffs, Transportation Contracts and Agreements, and the National Motor Freight Classification system
Title:Cargo Claims Administrator
Afternoon Data Entry-Dfw Cargo Agent
Must Be Able To Work A Shift Starting between 1:00pm & 3:00pm
The Typical Shift is 2pm-11:30pm-Weekends Included (2 Days off During the Week).
- Act as handling agent for Airlines
- Inform all authorized parties concerning movements of Airline's aircraft and
- Compile, dispatch and receive all messages pertaining to the cargo handling Inform all parties, when necessary, of the content of such messages.
- Prepare/process cargo documents, air bills, and air way
- Answer Airline's telephone and take appropriate action when necessary and/or
- Obtain customer's clearance of inbound cargo and prepare/process all necessary documents to government agencies relating to international
- Prepare transfer manifest(s) for all transfer
- Conduct physical inspections and screening of packages/cargo per client
- Prepare the Unit Load Device Receipt for all transfers of Unit Load Devices and distribute copies according to Airline's
- Service customers at Interact with customer to ensure complete and accurate shipping documents and all documents related to terminating shipments. Collect record and properly process all monies from customers.
- Customer Notification- Advise customers via telephone and written notification of the arrival of Inform shipper of cost of freight and storage charges if applicable.
- Airway Bill Input- Complete airway bills, required data entry and update computer Review paperwork and information to ensure accuracy and completion.
- Must be familiar with all FAA/Airline/Company
- Keep supervisor informed of needs and problems in assigned areas, maintain cleanliness of immediate work are and maintenance
- Project a positive image and respond to inquiries from clients, staff and public in a courteous manner
- Attend meetings and in-services as
- Utilize appropriate communications channels and maintain records, reports and files as
- Must be attired in proper uniform attire as directed by company officials and identification badges must always be
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and participate in achievement of company objectives.
- Utilize company and client equipment, supplies and resources in a conscientious, cost effective
- Perform other duties as assigned
Aviation Cargo Sewist
STS AeroStaff Services now offers Aviation Cargo Sewist jobs in Sterling, Virginia.
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-800-359-4787.
This is a position for a sewer working on Aviation Cargo Containers and Baggage Carts. They will train someone who is willing to learn.
- Sew and Repair the tears on the Cargo storage containers
- Comply with FAA and company policies and procedures
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of work orders
- Ability to perform routine and non-routine tasks independently
- Maintain work area clean and free of debris, which may interfere with the proper function of any units undergoing maintenance
- Maintain safe and clean work environment
- Ensure and maintain company tools and equipment in service standard, report any damaged tools and equipment to Station Manager/Supervisor
- Ensure system security of the electronic recordkeeping system regarding their area of responsibility and changing password if there is a possibility of its being compromised
- Provide feedback/suggestion to improve customer satisfaction
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Station Manager/Supervisor
STS AeroStaff Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Job ID: 38031
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!