Carpenter Apprentice Job Description Sample
CARPENTER APPRENTICE WITH 2 YEARS EXPERIENCE
Lee Contracting, Inc. is dedicated to client satisfaction. We provide the highest quality design and implementation services available. Lee Contracting, Inc. is at the forefront of innovative changes in process manufacturing, plant optimization, business operations, and overall performance. Our staff is comprised of hardworking, dedicated and ambitious employees and we welcome candidates of the same stature to join and grow with our team! We are proud to offer our employees: • Health Insurance • 401k • Competitive Wages• Paid Vacation• Paid Holidays• ESOP – Employee Stock Ownership Plan Job Requirements + 1-2 years of carpentry experience
Mud and tape skills a PLUS
Experience with metal studs a PLUS
Energetic go-getter, who learns quickly and takes initiative
Ability to multi-task
Excellent communication skills
Excellent interpersonal skills
Work well within a team environment
Willing to do shop test after interview, if requested
Some travel may be required Job Responsibilities
Complete carpentry projects effectively and efficiently as directed by the Carpenter Foreman
Responsible for maintaining a cleanly and organized job site
Load and unload materials, tools, and equipment needed to complete jobs
Work with other departments as needed This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, and nothing in this herein restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. No Phone Calls Please
Position Will Require A Background Check
Only Qualified Candidates Will Be Contacted
Somewhat skilled,ready to learn carpenters. Must have a strong back and reliable transportation. Daily work building Decks, Porches, Pergolas, Gazebos, and all forms of Outdoor Living Projects. Most common lifting is 2 x 10 treated lumber and 80lb Bags of concrete. Please know how to read a tape measure and swing a hammer.
Carpenter Apprentice / Construction General Labor
We have an immediate openings available for carpenter helpers/laborer.
- Climb to heights and conduct work with proper safety restraints
- Lift heavy loads up to 70 lbs and navigate construction job site terrain
- Dig pits, trenches and foundations in preparation for job site construction
- Participate in demolitions.
- Mix and Pump concrete, grout, cement, sand, or plaster.
- Identify utility lines
- Perform setup and cleanup tasks at job site
- Back-fill trenches and pits when necessary
- Provide labor support as needed for specialty crew
- Perform general maintenance of construction equipment and vehicles
- General Framing and trim work
- And much much more....
- Experience preferred but not required, we will train as needed
- Must have excellent work ethic
- On Time
- Reliable transportation
- Be willing to learn all phases of residential building and remodeling
- Able to work Monday thru Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Starting wage negotiable depending on experience
Carpenter Apprentice (And Driver)
We are seeking a self-motivated person to join our amazing team as our new Carpenter Apprentice & Driver! We are Kavanagh Construction Company, a leader in high-end custom home remodels. We are a well-established organization with over 25 years of expertise in construction and custom remodeling, located in Mountain View, CA. Our goal is to provide each client with personal, professional service and a seamless remodeling experience. Come work with a leader in the home remodeling industry!
This position is perfect for someone who wants to learn a trade and envisions a long-term career with a stable company. Whether you are just getting out of school and looking for an entry-level position to get your foot in the door, or you've been working in construction or carpentry for a while, then we want to speak with you!
About the position:
- # 1 responsibility is to learn. Absorb as much information as you can every day
- Present at all demo jobs to assist with demolition
- Tow trailer to demo jobs, fill and haul to dump
- Job site clean up to include removal of debris, broom cleaning, material removal
- Perform general laborer tasks as needed, including loading, unloading, lifting and moving materials
- Ability to frequently bend, stoop, kneel, stretch, twist, reach and climb
- Knowledge on how to lift and carry materials properly
- Runs errands as required such as material pick up and delivery to job sites and clients
- In training to develop progressive carpentry skills
- Assist with window and door projects
- Works under supervision of foreman or journeyman
- Maintain a open and honest line of communication with the Project Manager
What you need:
We are committed to diversity and have a diverse team, so we especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply. All that being said, here are some of our requirements:
- Passion for the business. We want someone who wants to make our business exceptional by contributing their fullest every day through curiosity and their work.
- Valid California Drivers License
- Clean DMV record
- Proficient in driving a truck and hauling a trailer
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have reliable personal transportation
- Must be able to lift up to and carry up to 35 pounds
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- What drives you to your core is providing superior customer service to everyone around you. You have a “heart of service” and just love helping others. In your mind, you want to exceed everyone’s expectations all the time. It’s just how you are wired.
- You are a timely individual. Showing up late is a pet peeve of yours. You like to show up 10 minutes early just to make sure you can get the job done and on time.
- You want to learn a trade! You’ve been thinking about your career and you want to learn real skills and stay at a company for a long time.
- You pay very close attention to details. You know the “little things” can matter the most!
- You thrive in a close knit team environment. You are naturally positive, personable, and desire close relationships with your co-workers. Your ideal environment blends the concepts of work and family where your workmates become as close as family over the years.
- You are hungry to dive in and learn. You ask questions and read up all the material you can get your hands on. After all, it’s a long term career that you are after!
- You’ve got great work ethic “in spades”. No job is too small or too unimportant for you. You’re the kind of person that would do just about anything the company needs because it makes you happy to contribute to the greater good.
What we offer:
- A competitive hourly wage with opportunities for raises during a 60-day review and annual review.
- Health Insurance – Our health insurance is fantastic. We cover 90% of the premiums and you cover just 10%, plus our co-pays are very low. You are eligible to enroll after 60 days.
- We offer a 401(k) with 3% company matching (eligible for enrollment after 1 year).
- Employee get-togethers. We have a special annual full-day BBQ as well as an annual all company lunch.
- You’d be working with a team of enthusiastic, hard-working professionals that you’ll enjoy working with day-in and day-out. Some people think this is underrated – we think this is highly important.
- We do our best to make our work environment something everyone will enjoy for the long-term.
Description Tradesmen International is seeking a motivated carpenter apprentice. Pay from $14-$18 depending on experience. Most projects will be located in the Lehigh and Berks counties. Must have at minimum (1) verifiable year of experience, preferably commercial. Plus basic hand tools, and reliable transportation. Looking for carpenter apprentices with mainly drywall hanging and framing experience.
Requirements As a carpenter apprentice you will work directly under the supervision of a qualified Journeyman Carpenter and construct, erect, install, and repair structures and fixtures of wood, plywood, metal studs, and drywall using carpenter's hand tools and power tools, while conforming to local building codes. Specific responsibilities:
Helping install foundations, walls, floors, ceilings, and roofs using materials such as: wood, steel, metal, concrete, plastics, and composites of multiple materials
Assisting with fitting and installing window frames, doors, door frames, door hardware, interior and exterior trim using a carpenters level, plumb bob, and laser levels
Erecting scaffolding, ladders for assembling structures above ground levels.
Positioning and holding timbers, lumber, or paneling in place for fastening or cutting
Selecting tools, equipment, and/or materials from storage and transport items to work site
Cleaning work areas, machines, or equipment, to maintain a clean and safe job site
Holding plumb bobs, sighting rods, or other equipment to aid in establishing reference points and lines
Cutting timbers, lumber and/or paneling to specified dimensions, and drilling holes in timbers or lumber
Smoothing or sanding surfaces to remove ridges, tool marks, glue, or caulking
Company Details Simply put, we're not a temp agency and don't just hire anyone. In fact, we're highly selective, committed to hiring only those carpenter apprentices that have exceptional abilities at their skill level, with unwavering reliability, strong work ethic, and a desire to be the best. Specific requirements:
Eagerness and willingness to learn and receive instruction/direction from qualified Journeyman Carpenter
Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation
High standard of integrity and professionalism
Drug free at all times
Benefits In addition to consistent work, top pay, and employment opportunities, we provide a benefits package that is among the best in the industry. Our comprehensive benefits encourage our employees and their families to build a lifelong relationship with us.
Dental and vision plan
Prescription drug plan
Short-term disability + 401(k) profit-sharing savings plan
Tool purchase programs Tradesmen International is an _EO employer
Recruiter Name Alyssa Longacre
Carpenter Apprentices provide assistance to Carpenters and help them complete their projects while also improving their skills and preparing to work independently. Duties include
- Removing waste and debris,
- Assisting experienced carpenters,
- Learning, handling tools
- Interpreting blueprints,
- Getting familiar with industry regulations.
Successful candidates will posses these essential skills :
- Manual dexterity
- Strength/ stamina,
- Attention to details,
- Good numeracy skills,
We have positions available for the strongest candidates in the industry.
Our industry experience helps us offer unmatched service and support to our employees
As a national contractor, we continually seek talented leaders for our welding crew.
Our employees benefit from; Long-term projects ,steady work, unmatched pay, superior safety culture and a family of seasoned
professionals united under a common goal; To get it done right each and every day
Join the SONS crew - "Join the Best building the Finest"
Assist Carpenters and other craft workers to perform tasks involving physical labor at building, and heavy construction projects. May operate hand and power tools of all types: Skill saws, drills, air hammers, surveying and measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and instruments.
May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support site excavations, erect scaffolding, clean up rubble and debris, and remove asbestos, lead, and other hazardous waste materials. .
Baker DC, is searching for an Apprentice Carpenter for upcoming in the DC Metro Area .
Experience on commercial jobsites preferred. 9th grade education completed (must present proof) Experience with general concrete construction preferred.
Must attend classes in the evening, or at night Knowledge of measurement tape, and skills cutting wood preferred Ability to exert heavy physical effort, handling average weight objects over 50 pounds. Must be able to climb a ladder and tolerate heights without fear. Willing to work with others and be part of a team.
Must have own transportation. We offer an excellent chance to join a dynamic and growing organization. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Preference will be given to DC residents who meets the position qualifications and job requirements Candidate Must Register with DOES No phone inquiries EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Requisition ID: 2931 Baker Concrete Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer /Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation for any or part of the application process may make their requests known by emailing email@example.com or calling 1-800-539-3935 and ask for HR.
Design Build Carpenter’S Apprentice / Entry Level Journeyman Carpenter
Thank you for reading this advertisement for Design Build Carpenter’s Apprentice / Entry Level Journeyman. We are a small, tight knit group of designers and craftsmen (and woman) with building in our bones. We take on the entire breath of challenging, high end, residential design build projects and seek to achieve excellence in everything we do. We are seeking some skilled individuals to round out our talented team. Specifically seeking individuals with a long-term vision of growing their skills to becoming a lead carpenter and beyond.
Carpenter’s Apprentice / Entry Level Journeyman $14-$18 / hr
This is a support role to accompany one of our highly experienced lead carpenters.
· Accurately reads tape measure and cuts lumber according to specifications
· Comfortable with complicated cuts such as double bevel and thick lumber
· Safely and efficiently assist lead carpenter with installing framing members
· Efficiently assists in job site setup, maintaining clean and organized job site through the day and thoroughly cleans up
· Handling tools and ladders safely, setting up compressors, hoses and nail guns
· Installing framing hardware
· Personally holds high standard to work efficiently and safely
· Minimum 2 years of experience in light wood frame residential construction
· Has reliable personal vehicle
· Actively building personal tool inventory (inquire regarding applicable incentives)
· High school diploma and related secondary education or certification
· Clean criminal record and drug free
How to Apply
If you believe that you would be a good fit for this position and in the long-term opportunities that we can offer, please email me with a unique cover letter (please place cover letter text directly in the mail with the position that you are applying for) and attach or paste in your resume. Photographs of some of your work or professional portfolio are also a big plus.
Carpenter / Apprentice / Lead
Building decks, additions, renovations, rough carpentry.
We are in need of a selected few good employees. Someone who is self motivated and reliable.
Looking for lead carpenters and carpenters apprentices that have a clue of what their doing when it comes to framing.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!