Carpenter Apprentice Job Description Sample
Delden Manufacturing Company
A leading full-service Garage Door Company
Is now accepting applications for a
Production Team Member
Trim Wood Carpenter / Production Team Member
Job Responsibilities /
- Proven Work Experience in a Production Environment.
- Measure, Cut and Assemble Custom Wood Garage Doors to Specifications.
- Needs to be a Self-Starter, Motivated, Organized, with a Good Work Ethic.
- Committed to Professionalism, Quality of Service, and Team-Oriented.
- Great Communication Skills Required (Verbal, Written, and Interpersonal).
- Detail Oriented and able to receive and follow directions.
- Perform Job and other Duties / Responsibilites as required.
- Assist other Departments as needed and Maintain an orderly / safe Shop.
- Able to read, write, speak, and understand work instructions in English.
- Education- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Strong working knowledge of shop equipment and tools, with great Math Skills.
- Frequent bending, pushing / pulling, reaching and lifting periodically up to 70 pounds.
- Must be able to Pass a Background Check, Drug Screen, and E-Verify.
- Full Time, Monday thru Friday.
- Medical Benefits.
- Life Insurance.
- 401(k) Plan.
- Paid Vacation and Holidays.
- Non-smoking environment.
- An Equal Opportunity Employer.
To Apply to this opportunity, send your Resume via E-mail, Fax,
or Apply in Person- Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Corporate Office* 3530 N. Kimball Drive* Kansas City, MO 64161
Phone - (816) 413-1600 / Fax - (816) 413-1699.
Please- No Direct Calls or Unsolicited Services or Offers.
SERVING THE GARAGE DOOR INDUSTRY FOR OVER 60 YEARS.
Design Build Carpenter’s Apprentice / Entry Level Journeyman Carpenter
Thank you for reading this advertisement for Design Build Carpenter’s Apprentice / Entry Level Journeyman. We are a small, tight knit group of designers and craftsmen (and woman) with building in our bones. We take on the entire breath of challenging, high end, residential design build projects and seek to achieve excellence in everything we do. We are seeking some skilled individuals to round out our talented team. Specifically seeking individuals with a long-term vision of growing their skills to becoming a lead carpenter and beyond.
Carpenter’s Apprentice / Entry Level Journeyman $14-$18 / hr
This is a support role to accompany one of our highly experienced lead carpenters.
Accurately reads tape measure and cuts lumber according to specifications
Comfortable with complicated cuts such as double bevel and thick lumber
Safely and efficiently assist lead carpenter with installing framing members
Efficiently assists in job site setup, maintaining clean and organized job site through the day and thoroughly cleans up
Handling tools and ladders safely, setting up compressors, hoses and nail guns
Installing framing hardware
Personally holds high standard to work efficiently and safely
Minimum 2 years of experience in light wood frame residential construction
Has reliable personal vehicle
Actively building personal tool inventory (inquire regarding applicable incentives)
High school diploma and related secondary education or certification
Clean criminal record and drug free
• The Fiberglass Gutter Company is the leading manufacturer and installer of fiberglass gutter in the United States. We have immediate openings for full-time positions with benefits.
• We are looking for gutter installers. General carpentry knowledge is a plus but not required. Complete on-the-job training will be provided. Work includes fiberglass gutter installation, downspout installation, fascia replacement, soffit repair, blended rakes, and some painting. Most work is performed on residential homes. This position also offers the opportunity to learn the fiberglass laminating trade. There is a lot of room for growth in this fast-growing company.
• We seek reliable, highly motivated individuals, to help our company continue to grow and achieve our goals. In addition to our fantastic career opportunities, we offer a competitive compensation plan that includes health benefits and 401k opportunities.
• JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Reliable worker with excellent record of on-time attendance.
- Courteous, professional and the ability to communicate effectively with coworkers and homeowners.
- Good physical condition with the ability to lift 100lbs. to shoulder height.
- General knowledge of hand tools (hammer, tape measure, level, saw, drill, nail guns, compressors).
- Must be comfortable with ladders and working at heights 10 to 20+ feet.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Experience with staging is a plus.
To apply, please submit a resume and/or job experience. For more information on The Fiberglass Gutter Company please visit www.fiberglassgutter.com
Carpenter Apprentice In Lakeland, FL At Rooms To Go
Carpenter Apprentice in Lakeland, FL at Rooms To Go Date Posted:5/26/2017 INTERESTED?Not ready to Apply? Share With: Job Snapshot
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Lakeland, FL
Job Type: Facilities Maintenance, General Labor, Manufacturing, Skilled Labor
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 5/26/2017
Posting ID: 651840 Job Description Must be skilled in framing & general carpentry work with a strong emphasis on HVAC and plumbing disciplines. Must be able to layout & install metal studs, suspended ceilings. Must possess the ability to interpret sketches, drawings & technical specifications. Must have plumbing knowledge of water, sanitary and fire protection systems. Must possess a certain degree of creativity and latitude. Must have 2+ years experience in the trade. Additional duties as directed by supervisors. Daily duties to include:
New construction and remodel work within RTG DCs
Assisting other departments with maintenance and repairs as dictated by the job description
Traveling for work, occasionally on short notice
Working extensively in the warehouse environment
Working from ladders, lifts, and on the roof
Working as part of a team to complete new construction projects on time #RTG-SLW #RTG-FMW
Construction Laborer/ Carpenter Apprentice
We are looking for hardworking and motivated individuals eager to learn and perform carpentry skills and grow with our company.
Must have a great attitude and good customer interaction skills.
Must have valid drivers license with reliable transportation and authorized to work in the U.S.
Year round work, full time employment.
Holiday and vacation pay after one year.
Some experience preferred but not required.
$10-$14/ hr based on experience
Office is located in Rochester Hills. Jobs located throughout Oakland County
Carpenter Apprentice / Driver
We are seeking a self-motivated person to join our amazing team as our new Driver / Carpenter Apprentice! We are Kavanagh Construction Company, a leader in high-end custom home remodels. We are a well-established organization with over 25 years of expertise in construction and custom remodeling, located in Mountain View, CA. Our goal is to provide each client with personal, professional service and a seamless remodeling experience. Come work with a leader in the home remodeling industry!
We want to work with people who have a real interest in our business. Whether you are just getting out of school and looking for an entry-level position to get your foot in the door, been working in construction for a while, or if you are just really good with working with your hands, if you are a go-getter and looking to get your start in the construction industry then we want to work with you!
This position is perfect for someone who wants to learn a trade and envisions a long-term career with a stable company. Most of our employees have been with us for over 10 years! And that speaks to the family environment we have created. We truly care about one another. We see our jobs as more than just jobs, but as a career and a company that we are all building together. We value people that have an “ownership mentality” over their work because we want to work with people that will care deeply about our business. If you want to join an amazing team of dedicated, hardworking individuals, and build toward a long-term career in the construction and remodeling business – you have found the place!
- What drives you to your core is providing superior customer service to everyone around you. You have a “heart of service” and just love helping others. In your mind, you want to exceed everyone’s expectations all the time. It’s just how you are wired.
- You are a timely individual. Showing up late is a pet peeve of yours. You like to show up 10 minutes early just to make sure you can get the job done and on time.
- You want to learn a trade! You’ve been thinking about your career and you want to learn real skills and stay at a company for a long time.
- You pay very close attention to details. You know the “little things” can matter the most!
- You thrive in a close knit team environment. You are naturally positive, personable, and desire close relationships with your co-workers. Your ideal environment blends the concepts of work and family where your workmates become as close as family over the years.
- You are hungry to dive in and learn. You ask questions and read up all the material you can get your hands on. After all, it’s a long term career that you are after!
- You’ve got great work ethic “in spades”. No job is too small or too unimportant for you. You’re the kind of person that would do just about anything the company needs because it makes you happy to contribute to the greater good.
About the position:
- # 1 responsibility is to learn. Absorb as much information as you can every day
- Present at all demo jobs to assist with demolition
- Tow trailer to demo jobs, fill and haul to dump
- Job site clean up to include removal of debris, broom cleaning, material removal
- Perform general laborer tasks as needed, including loading, unloading, lifting and moving materials
- Ability to frequently bend, stoop, kneel, stretch, twist, reach and climb
- Knowledge on how to lift and carry materials properly
- Runs errands as required such as material pick up and delivery to job sites and clients
- In training to develop progressive carpentry skills
- Assist with window and door projects
- Works under supervision of foreman or journeyman
- Maintain a open and honest line of communication with the Project Manager
What you need:
If you’re deeply interested in working in the home remodeling and construction industry as our Driver / Carpenter’s Apprentice and have relevant skills and experience, please consider applying even if your background doesn’t perfectly match our ideal credentials. We are committed to diversity and have a diverse team, so we especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply. All that being said, here are some of our requirements:
- Passion for the business. We want someone who wants to make our business exceptional by contributing their fullest every day through curiosity and their work.
- Valid California Drivers License
- Clean DMV record
- Proficient in driving a truck and hauling a trailer
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have reliable personal transportation
- Must be able to lift up to and carry up to 35 pounds
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- A competitive hourly wage with opportunities for raises during a 60-day review and annual review.
- Health Insurance – Our health insurance is fantastic. We cover 90% of the premiums and you cover just 10%, plus our co-pays are very low. You are eligible to enroll after 60 days.
- We offer a 401(k) with 3% company matching (eligible for enrollment after 1 year).
- Employee get-togethers. We have a special annual full-day BBQ as well as an annual all company lunch.
- You’d be working with a team of enthusiastic, hard-working professionals that you’ll enjoy working with day-in and day-out. Some people think this is underrated – we think this is highly important.
We do our best to make our work environment something everyone will enjoy for the long-term.
Interested in joining our team?
Apply now! We look forward to speaking with you and getting to know you better!
-The Kavanagh Construction Co. Team
Definition: Carpenter Apprentice. Must be able to assist in all facets of residential remodeling
Must have own tools and truck
Must pass a background check
Must pass drug test
Minimum of 1 year in residential construction. Experience and references must be verifiable.
Knowledge of residential construction and remodeling trades, practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment, materials, specifications, quality control, cost control, and safety.
Basic knowledge and skill in the following tasks: stain-grade trim work, hang doors, drill and set door hardware, set windows, hang cabinets, set countertops, tape and finish drywall, painting, wood, vinyl & tile flooring. It is a plus if you are also proficient in Roofing, Siding and trim metals.
100% of time is spent working at job sites. Some driving is required. Valid driver's license is required.
We work directly for many of the largest insurance companies. Assignments are very consistent and growing in volume. All of our Project Managers and Superintendents have been promoted from the carpenter position.
This is a full time position paid weekly Pay scale per Hour $12.00 to 18.00.
Medical, dental, vision and 401k benefits available after 90 days.
Paid vacation and holiday pay after on year.
Job Type: Full-time
- Finish Carpentry: 3 year
- Painting: 3 year
- Drywall Hang & Finish: 3 year
- Experience in other trades very helpful
Required licenses or certifications:
- Must pass a Drug & Background Test
- Valid Drivers License
We work directly for most of the largest insurance companies. Assignments are very consistent and growing in volume. All of our Project Managers and Superintendents have been promoted from the carpenter position.
Great Company - Great Opportunities
EmployUs is currently looking for Carpenter Apprentice's to work on a commercial construction site in New Orleans.
You must have verifiable carpentry experience in Trim work to be considered. You must also have your own basic hand tools and pouch.
This position is expected to be a long term position and the pay rate is $11.00 per hour.
Reply back for immediate consideration.
EmployUS is led by a top-level management team of industry professionals that capitalizes on their extensive industry experience, track record of growth, and nationwide network of relationships.
Restoration Carpenter Apprentice
Knowledge in Drywall Hanging, Finishing, Carpentry and Painting.
Responsibilities will Include:
Assisting Lead Carpenter with service to our customers that will consist of but NOT be limited to:
Hanging, Finishing Drywall, Carpentry/Trim Work, and Painting.
Driving and maintaining service vehicles
Eager to provide insight and ideas for positive change
MINIMUM of 1+ years' EXPERIENCE is REQUIRED for this position
Valid, insurable FL driver's license (0 points on license record, must be at least 23 years old in order to be added to our drivers insurance policy)
Reliable transportation to get to and from our shop-work day starts at 7am Personally own basic tools (we provide all large equipment)
Must pass a background check Must be able to pass random drug tests Consistent and punctual Willing to learn new skills Bi-Lingual is a PLUS!!!
Ability to work flexible hours all year round
We are a 24/7 emergency service company and may need our repair team to assist in the event of a large loss
We offer the following benefits to our Team after 90 days:
Opportunity for promotion within our company
Health / Dental Benefits
Aflac coverage plans
Opportunity for certification and/or specialized courses, company funded
For more information on our company, visit our website: www.MasterRestorationServices.com If you're eager to be part of a growing company that appreciates individual accomplishments and meet the requirements stated above, please submit your resume for review.
Basic Job Functions Plan, lay-out and perform all types of Carpentry work in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes, and industry standards. Work in other crafts at levels appropriate to training and skills as requested by project supervision. Must be enrolled in the AGC apprenticeship program. Key Responsibilities
Maintain positive working relationships with all members of the crew.
Produce high quality work, safely and productively at all times.
Provide feedback to ensure all materials, tools, equipment and information is available for the work.
Look for opportunities for improvement in all tasks, means and methods regarding the work and be willing to learn from others and continually seek opportunities to share knowledge and teach others.
High proficiency in all related trade mathematics.
Inspect subordinates work, ensure accuracy and compliance with plans and specifications, explain deficiencies and take any necessary corrective action.
Eliminate waste such as waiting, rework, transporting, material storage and time. Minimum Job Requirements
Must have a minimum of two years in the industrial/commercial construction industry and have an in-depth understanding of the carpentry trade.
Must be able to read and understand drawings, specifications, safety and quality standards and effectively utilize all trade tools and equipment relevant to the work.
Possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
Must be enrolled in an approved CA Apprenticeship Program. Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may include other duties as assigned. Physical Requirements
Work up to a 12 hour shift doing hard physical work in varying temperatures and outside conditions.
Climb and maintain balance on steel/wood framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds.
Will lift, push or pull objects up to 50lbs. on an occasional basis
Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis
May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, hardhat, vest, etc.)
Move in and around confined, cluttered and uneven areas. Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Sundt Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, religion, sex, color, age, disability, national origin, covered veteran status, or genetic information. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company. Req. ID: 4263 External Company Name: Sundt Companies, The External Company URL: www.sundt.com
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!