Carpenter Labor Supervisor Job Description Sample
Carpenter & Paint Shop Supervisor (Construction & Maintenance Superintendent 3)
This posting is Open Continuous, however, the hiring manager reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any time. It will be in your best interest to apply as soon as possible.
What you will be doing:
The Buildings & Grounds Division (B&G) is responsible for Capitol Campus operations, stewardship and historic preservation. B&G maintains, operates and preserves the 486-acre state Capitol Campus in Olympia, including more than 50 buildings, 18 public monuments, four state parks and a 260-acre lake. B&G executes these responsibilities through the following service programs: Facilities Operations, Grounds Operations, Maintenance & Repairs, and Support Services. You will have tight, competing deadlines and will need to coordinate projects and priorities.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a highly motivated person that enjoys a fast-paced environment in a progressive organization that embraces changes and continued improvements to processes and efficiencies.
You will need to be an energetic team player that is a great listener and personnel motivator that promotes different ideas and innovative ways to creative thinking that inspires the team to make changes to existing processes and new ways to do business. You must have the ability to think "on the fly" and make decisions to lead your team productively.
Why you would want this job:
You will be in a division that is progressive in nature, as B&G is on the forefront of the Lean concepts, continual change, and the Big 3 (Customer satisfaction, Team satisfaction and financial health). You will be a strong leader to your group inspiring change and providing quality services to our customers.
What this position in the Trades field will offer you that most others don't is stability. There is always work to do. You will have set hours and your travel will be local, so no long overnight stays away from home. This position is a great stepping stone for promotional opportunities within our agency.
If that isn't enough?
We also offer:
We are close to downtown Olympia (where you have access to the water front, Farmer's Market, Capitol Lake and the Capitol Campus)
DES promotes wellness (we have internal exercise classes that include Yoga and Boot Camp at the 1500 building and we are located in between a neighborhood and downtown with sidewalks to get out and walk or shop)
Nearby is the Chehalis bike trail and on-premise bike lockers and shower rooms
Bus service (including the DASH (free) shuttle)
Vanpool (commuting) opportunities
Flex schedules, compressed work weeks
MANY opportunities to promote within the agency
If you want to feel empowered, engaged, and motivated as you work with like-minded individuals that are just as passionate about our customers, team members, and stakeholders and will work hard for our customers, this is THE place to be!
Who we are:
At the Department of Enterprise Services you will join a team that encourages creativity and works smarter. We do not believe in the notion, "this is how we have always done it", instead we actively embody, "how can we do it better?"
As a DES team member you are trained to listen to our customers and develop work processes around their satisfaction. We build and maintain a human centered culture, a work place where our customers are heard and matter and you are appreciated for the skills you bring to the team every day. We look for new team members who are dedicated to learning how we listen and understand our customer's expectations to create the solutions they need.
We are an agency passionately focused on "The Big Three":
Team Member Satisfaction, and
We measure our success and continually work to improve our performance based on these measures. We want to ensure both current and new team members see themselves in our Big Three, as well as our six key values beginning with respect for people.
Some of what you'll enjoy doing includes:
Supervises skilled Carpenters, Painters and semi-skilled Utility Workers in performance of Carpenter & Paint repair, maintenance and tenant improvement work in DES owned assets.
Performs daily work scheduling of all preventative maintenance, service order and tenant improvement work using the tools approved by B&G.
Communicates performance goals to the team ensuring staff follow B&G guiding principles to include communicating before, during and after work.
Ensures work completed is in accordance with approved DES B&G standards & metrics.
Coordinates with Trade Supervisors, Program Managers, Asset and Property Managers, and Tenant Facility Coordinators to accomplish these tasks.
Monitors shop budget, work orders, and purchases to ensure that expenditures are documented correctly and do not exceed revenues initiating corrective action plans for budget control when necessary based on these reviews.
Timecards are completed daily and turned in prior to the end of each pay period, ensuring all leave time is reconciled with the timecard, approved, and entered in the Employee Self Service ESS system.
Ensures all overtime and compensatory time is controlled and approved in advance.
Completes annual performance evaluations and sets expectations for assigned personnel prior to the evaluation due date.
Provides clear and actionable feedback that helps team members excel at their work.
Addresses staff performance issues promptly.
Sets and represents DES core values throughout your work and in the management of your team.
Keep staff members informed about DES and B&G priorities, processes and procedures.
High school graduate or GED.
Journey level standing as a Carpenter or Painter as attested by:
- Completion of a recognized apprenticeship,
- Full journey level status in an Carpenter or Painters Union
Four (4) years of general work experience in building and equipment maintenance, construction or repair work.
Three (3) years of work experience as a journeyman Carpenter or Painter; experience must include working in a medium to large complex, campus or institution that includes two or more multi storied buildings.
(Experience may run concurrently)
NOTE: This position requires infrequent (10% or less) travel to meet with managers or employees, attend or provide training. Travel required visiting various work sites, meetings with clients and occasional overnight travel may be necessary to attend or present at conferences in state and out of state, attend seminars, conferences or training.
The most successful candidate will also:
Have demonstrated experience developing and overseeing facility projects.
Have the ability to develop project scope, estimate, coordinate and manage minor construction projects.
Perform trades-related mathematical calculations.
Clearly and effectively communicate with individuals and groups in performance of your duties.
Be able to stand for long periods in performance of your duties.
Have the ability to perform skilled Carpentry or Paint work.
Have knowledge of standard practices, methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in the carpentry or painting trade.
Have knowledge current structural codes and structural safety precautions.
Have the ability to work from blueprints, plans and sketches; estimate labor and materials required to accomplish the work.
Use hand and power tools required to accomplish Carpenter & Paint work.
Please attach the following documents in order to be considered, failure to do so may result in you not being considered for the position:
- A letter of interest that shows your personality and voice to describe why you are the successful candidate and how you meet the specific qualifications for this position;
- A current resume, detailing experience, and education; and
- A list of at least three (3) professional references with current telephone numbers.
By submitting these materials, you are indicating that all information is true and correct. The state may verify information. Any untruthful or misleading information is cause for removal from the applicant pool or dismissal if employed.
NOTE: Prior to any new appointment into the Department of Enterprise Services, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
NOTE: This position is in a bargaining unit and falls under the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the state of Washington and the Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE).
The Department of Enterprise Services celebrates our differences and we are committed to a workplace that supports equal opportunity employment and inclusion regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity diversity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We will also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Persons with a disability who need assistance with their application or need this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960. TTY users should first call 711 to access the Washington Relay Service.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and wish to claim Veteran's Preference MUST attach a copy of their DD214, or other verification of military service. Please blackout any personally identifiable data such as social security numbers.
Applicants claiming veteran's preference points must attach the documentation with each on-line application. If you do not provide appropriate documentation to qualify for these preference points, the points will not be awarded.
For additional information on Veteran's Preference and guidance on how to determine if you are eligible, click here.
We thank you and are grateful for your service
Should you have any questions regarding this position or the online application, contact Angie Anderson at (360) 407-8446 or email@example.com.
Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad's state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class automation and binding technology. Our platform gives our clients a full range of options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by innovative, interesting days, you'll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done – something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
Looking for a Shift Supervisor with rough carpentry experience to join their team. 1st Shift M-F
Production: Works daily with Department Manager to assess department capabilities, workflow, resources and any issues that may be affecting production while working side by side with crew on projects. Must be able to level load production between cutting sheet stock, cutting sticks and assembling finished goods based on customer demands. Responsible for timely production schedules and communicating timelines for the functions of cutting and assembly. Responsible for weekly lumber reports identifying consumption, outbound tracking of weekly throughput which includes on time delivery, inventory and requirements based on weekly demand.
Staffing: Responsible for temporary employee staffing, assigning daily staffing, and completing time approvals for crew. Effectively communicates with crew and documents all issues into the appropriate systems. Maintains training matrix and verifies all employees on the particular shift are trained or are in the process of being trained.
Business Monitoring: Responsible for crew of 20+employees. Including, but not limited to personnel/employee issues, crewing and scheduling issues.
Safety: Monitors employee use of PPE and responsible for all safety procedures/policies.
Experience supervising up to 20 people
Ability to read blueprints and diagrams
Experience using nomadic tools: nail guns, band saws etc.
Familiar with Key Performance Indicator tracking as it applies to the business and to accurately report on performance metrics
Proficient in computer based programs: Microsoft Office and Excel
- Crate Pro and Auto Cad knowledge preferred.
- 5+ years of Carpentry Experience
- 5+ years of Supervisory Experience
High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 5+ years of Carpentry Experience
- 5+ years of Supervisory Experience
Additional Company Information:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more. Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Registered Nurse Supervisor Labor And Delivery Part Time
Registered Nurse Supervisor RN Labor and Delivery
Full Time Days 7A-7P
Sign-on Bonus and/or Relocation Bonus available for eligible candidates and positions.
RN's on our Labor and Delivery floor assist with over 4,300 deliveries per year. Our busy 23 bed unit is staffed with a team oriented group of caring clinical professionals including a full physician compliment of a 24 hour Anesthesiologist, Hospitalist and Neonatologist. Our Nurses provide care to a wide variety of acute patients and are supported by a helpful group of Patient Care Techs and Nursing Management. If you are looking for a collaborative and holistic team, come be a part of our $60 million dollar expansion!
The Unit Supervisor is responsible for:
Shift-to-shift activities in the L&D Department.
Leadership and direction in accordance with organizational and departmental philosophy and goals.
Will assist the Director in maintaining the highest degree of clinical and operational performance of the Labor and Delivery Department.
This position is responsible for taking 12-hour call on a rotation basis as determined by the Director and Manager for staffing issues. Provides Patient Care as needed.
Medical City Arlington is a 382-bed full-service hospital located in the heart of the growing South Arlington area. Our team consists of well over 1,000 full-time and part-time nurses, therapists, technicians and other healthcare personnel. Medical City Arlington is proud to be a leader in Dallas/Fort worth healthcare with nearly 600 highly skilled physicians who represent a wide variety of medical specialties. Together we form a team that focused on high-quality care delivered safely in an environment filled with compassion and service.
Current Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted.
Current Healthcare Provider BLS issued by the American Heart Association required.
Current NRP issued by the American Heart Association required.
Minimum 3 years of RN experience required with at least 1 year in Labor and Delivery.
Leadership experience in Labor and Delivery Department Operations (i.e., Charge Nurse, committee chair, etc.).
Labor Supervisor III
Salary Disclosure/General Description Benefits Supplemental Questions
Starting Salary: $20.20
Pay Grade: N34
Current Pasco County Employees: Please refer to the Personnel Policy & Procedure Manual for starting salary information.
Department: Utilities Water & Wastewater O & M
Location: Wesley Chapel
General Description: Advanced supervisory work in coordinating and supervising a crew or a number of crews in performing general construction and maintenance work on utilities systems, water/wastewater/reclaimed treatment plants, and wastewater lift stations.
EMERGENCY RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: All employees will be required to work before, during, or after an Emergency. During an Emergency employees may temporarily be assigned to work and perform duties outside the normal scope of their position, location and work schedule to fit the needs of the County and its citizens. On call as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
Plans, organizes, and directs the work of skilled, semi-skilled, and unskilled employees engaged in the construction and maintenance of various county projects including water treatment facilities, wastewater lift stations, water, reclaimed and waste water distribution and collection systems.
Supervises maintenance and repair of water lines,reclaimed, and waste water lines, manholes, fire hydrants, and roads.
Trains workers in proper work methods and safety procedures to be followed.
Routinely inspects work in progress and completed projects to ensure that established methods and safety procedures are followed.
Inspects work areas to determine type of work required and the personnel, materials, and equipment to be used.
Coordinates installation, repair, and maintenance assignments with county departments and other agencies.
Submits requisitions for equipment and materials.
Controls the storage and issuance of major items.
Trains, counsels, and evaluates the performance of subordinate employees. Instructs subordinate employees in proper work methods and practices, and makes periodic inspections to ascertain that established methods and practices are followed.
Responds courteously and effectively to complaints from the general public.
Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to plan, organize, and direct the work of skilled, semiskilled, and unskilled employees.
Ability to maintain operating records and prepare reports.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies, and the public.
Knowledge of the types of equipment and electrical systems used in support of water,reclaimed , and waste water operations.
Knowledge of practices and techniques applied to the safe operation and repair of equipment and electrical systems.
Ability to understand, interpret, and effectively carry out written and oral instructions.
Ability to read blueprints or construction plans and interprets data.
Ability to supervise.
Knowledge of Electronic management work order system.
PHYSICAL SKILLS: Ability to lift and/or move up to 80 pounds and also push or pull heavy objects. May use a handling device (dolly, cart, etc.) or work with another team member to lift and/or move excessively heavy objects. Ability to communicate effectively using verbal, written and visual communication. Ability to frequently bend, climb, walk, stoop, and squat. Position may require to be clean shaven in order to comply with safety standards.Must pass pulmonary function test and fit test within (60) days from date of employment. Position may require to be clean shaven in order to meet safety requirements
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE: Graduation from high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma. Five (5) years' experience in general construction and maintenance, which includes repair of water systems/sewer systems and roads. One year experience as a foreman or supervisor of maintenance or construction personnel.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS: Requires a Florida Commercial Driver's License (CDL), Class "A", with a "N" Tanker endorsement. Must possess a valid FDEP Level (2) Water Distribution System Operator License and FWPCOA (B) Waste Water Collection Technician Certification Must be able to obtain FDEP Level (1) Water Distribution System Operator License and FWPCOA (A) Waste Water Collection Technician Certification within (2) years from date of employment. Confined Space Certification Entry & Supervisor within (1) year from date of employment. Intermediate Maintenance of Traffic Certification Trenching & Shoring Certification within one (1) year from date of employment.
ADA STATEMENT: A qualified employee or applicant with a disability may be afforded a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential job functions of a position in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE: Pasco County BOCC is a drug-free workplace in accordance with Federal and Florida Law.
VETERAN'S PREFERENCE: Under Section 295.07 F.S. chapter SSA.7 Pasco County BCC provides to Veterans, that preference in appointment will be given to preference-eligible applicants.
Maintenance - Carpenter Asbestos Removal (2 Positions)
BURLINGTON COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
POSITION DESCRIPTION AND SPECIFICATIONS
Position Title: Carpenter Asbestos Removal FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Reports to: Supervisor of Buildings and Grounds Hours: 8.0
Requires the following (or equivalent qualifications):
High school diploma or GED
Four years of successful full time paid employment in carpentry field at the journeyman level
Possession of a valid driver license
To perform skilled rough and finished carpentry work in the installation, alteration, maintenance, and repair of school facilities. To paint and stain surfaces in the upkeep of school facilities. To perform duties in a helpful manner, promoting positive public relations with students, general public, and other employees.
DEMONSTRATED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Aptitude for high standards of workmanship, cleanliness, safety, and security
Initiative and ability to successfully complete tasks while working independently
Ability to deal with students, public and other employees in a positive manner
Ability to keep tools, machines and equipment clean and in good working condition by cleaning, sharpening, oiling, greasing and repairing
Ability to work from blueprints, rough sketches, and oral or written instructions
Ability to instruct and lead semi-skilled and unskilled labor
Ability to serve flexible hours to ensure completion of district goals
Skill in the use and care of hand and power tools, machines and equipment
Ability to produce rough sketches and estimate the cost of carpentry work
Knowledge of the standard building codes, occupational hazards, and safety precautions necessary in the carpentry trade
Knowledge of safety precautions necessary to perform operations providing protection to public, co-workers, and students
Knowledge of the standard practices, materials, tools, and equipment of the carpentry trade
Ability to weld
Ability to follow oral and written instructions
Maintain strict confidentiality.
Install and repair cabinets, floor covering, hardware, windows, and other items.
Construct, maintain, and repair various types of buildings, sheds, scaffolds, forms, frames, fences, and other structures.
Fabricate, reconstruct, alter and repair tables, chairs, benches, counters, lockers, shelves, window frames, cabinets, and other items.
Fit and glaze glass windows.
Install, repair and maintain doors, floors (ceramic tile, floor tile, hardwood), partitions (framing and finishing) roofs, stairways, windows (glazing and repair), screens, ceiling (suspended grid and surface tile) and cabinets (with or without Formica), including all related hardware and other wooden fixtures.
Repair and replace wooden parts on equipment, machinery, park benches, tables, bleachers, signs, and new items.
Install, repair, all locks, padlocks, panic bars, and door closures.
Make necessary maintenance inspections, keep records, and make reports as required.
Make rough sketches and estimate the cost of new structures, repair work. Advise in the selection of building materials, prepare preliminary material requests, store building materials and supplies, lay out work details, lead and instruct trades helpers and coordinate with other trades.
Install bulletin boards, chalkboards, projection screens, tack strips, etc. as needed.
Install playground equipment per factory specifications.
Pour concrete for new sidewalks, driveways, flagpoles, etc.
Perform welding and fabrication of metal for various jobs.
Perform all job duties following accepted safety procedures.
Assist in snow removal.
Perform other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, AND VISUAL EFFORT
Certification of good health signed by licensed physician at the beginning of employment and as required by law. Ability to lift and/or carry 75 pounds, ability to push in excess of 100 pounds, to stand and/or walk during the assigned working hours. Ability to work from ladders, scaffolding, etc. Frequent reaching, climbing, stretching, stooping, and bending. Continuous speaking, hearing, and visual effort. Concentration required. Numerous unique and complex tasks involving manual dexterity.
Environmental conditions vary with sudden temperature changes, noise levels, and some exposure to fumes, odors, dust, chemicals, and other irritants. Stress associated with work pace and pressure. Perform work in all district locations. Travel required. Exposed to hazards of the road when traveling. Exposed to hazards of operating equipment. Work performed both indoors and out of doors.
I have read and understand the information contained in the Position Description and Specifications. I further understand that this Position Description and Specifications is not intended and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this position. I may be required to perform additional tasks necessary to meet district objectives. This Position Description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal job elements essential for making fair decisions.
Employee Signature Date
Supervisor Signature Date
It is the policy of the Burlington Community School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, creed, age (for employment), marital status (for programs), sexual orientation, gender identity and socioeconomic status (for programs) in its educational programs and its employment practices. There is a grievance procedure for processing complaints of discrimination. If you have questions or a grievance related to this policy please contact the district's Equity Coordinators. For Educational Programs:
Cory Johnson, Director of Curriculum, firstname.lastname@example.org For Employment:
Laci Johnson, Director of Human Resources, email@example.com
Burlington Community School District, 1429 West Avenue, Burlington Iowa, (319) 753-6791
Carpenter Job Minneapolis MN
Are you working for a Construction company where you’re not appreciated, or they make promises but don’t deliver, then read on.
We’re proud of our people with their “let’s make it happen” attitude. We have a positive exciting culture, not a, “that’s how it’s done around here” corporate one.
Our people have flexibility to do their jobs with “no one breathing down their backs”, they have their goals, know what to do and do it!
In the past few years we continue to get new contracts despite the economic downturn and we plan to continue this aggressive growth but can’t without great people.
We are Architectural Landscape Design Inc. located in Lakeville MN . We've been in business for over 15 years, a full service landscape/Remodeling/Construction company and we’re on the move! check us out www.aldmn.com
But we have a problem, we need to add experienced professionals to begin another crew . If you want to work for a “learning organization” can manage a crew or would like to learn, WE
The Construction Foreman/Supervisor is responsible for overseeing all on-site aspects of construction projects.
Core Capabilities: Carpenter Foreman Journeyman apprentice mineapolis
- Customer and quality focus
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Team work
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Responsibility and dependability
- Ethics and integrity
Job Duties: Carpentry Foreman Journeyman
- Manage the execution of construction projects, planning labor requirements, equipment requirements and material deliveries and timing to ensure completion of job(s) within project deadlines
- Manage safety, quality and productivity of work at sites and/or shop/yard
- Assist in the preparation of jobsites prior to the beginning of a project
- Supervise, coordinate, and schedule the day to day work activities of a landscape construction crew of 2 to 4 employees
- Delegate job tasks to appropriate crew members to assist in the completion of landscape constructions
- Participate in recruitment activities by conducting secondary interviews with potential job candidates
- Conduct on-site orientations with new employees and employees in new positions, which cover all company health and safety policies, practices, and procedures
- Operate various tools and equipment, including: heavy equipment, dump trucks A license, skidd loader, excavator, chainsaws, jackhammers, laser levels, measurement equipment, shovels, hammers, drills, etc.
- Assist in the construction of landscape design/build tasks patios, pergolas, waterfeatures, retaining walls, outdoor rooms, lighting, sod and irrigation, drainage and grading, outdoor kitchens, firepits and fireplaces ect.
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by conducting inspections, lubricating, and cleaning on a daily basis
- Read and interpret blueprints, structural drawings, and specifications to delegate/complete work activities
- Meet with subcontractors and supervise quality, efficiency, and deadlines
- Complete and submit all required paperwork on a daily basis, including: daily site meeting logs, crew daily forms, equipment daily inspection forms, attendance tracking, time and materials billing summaries, requests for time off, etc.
- Comply with all company policies and regulations
- Maintain and enforce standards of cleanliness and organization in assigned trucks, trailers, equipment, jobsites, and shop/yard areas
- Ensure that all work activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner, and that all crew members are in compliance with government and company PPE standards
- Enforce and work in accordance with all local health and safety laws and regulations at shop/yard and on jobsites
- Employee training
- Communicate with customers in a polite and courteous manner
Carpenter Foreman Journeyman
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the construction industry
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Time management skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various construction practices
- Speak, read, and write English
- Carry and use a smart phone or data-enabled device for communication and reporting
Work Conditions: Carpenter Foreman Journeyman
- Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, small engine equipment, heavy equipment, and materials
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. repeatedly through an entire work shift
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent stamina is required
- Work near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a regular basis
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, dust, noise, and cold
- Flexible working hours including occasional weekend work
Carpenter Foreman Journeyman
- Manage workers, equipment, and materials
- Act as main contact with clients on a daily basis
- Must have knowledge and refined skills, including but not limited to: Decks Porches Pergolas outdoor kitchens and fireplaces and other custom carpentry needs.
- Knowledge in proper framing, footings, finish trim work
- Proper safety and onsite logistics experience
- Job Layout and job sequencing identifying problems and communicating with designers.
- Able too problem solve and complete projects within estimating parameters.
- Good communication skills with designers and clients
- Hard working
- Pre-Employment drug test
- Drivers license preferred and assurance that you will have means to be at work on time each day
- Carpentry Foreman: 5 yearrs
What We Offer:
- We pay above industry standards in these positions depending on your experience
- Profit sharing and compensation bonuses for qualified Carpenter Foreman
- Great growth opportunities
Salary: $45,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
Summary of Work
This position is located in the Buildings and Grounds Section of the Camp Grafton Training Center within the Office of the Adjutant General, Devils Lake, North Dakota. The incumbent is responsible for the design, layout, material lists and construction of all cabinetry projects and a large variety of carpentry projects. The incumbent is also responsible for inventory control of equipment and tools as well as the safe operation of power and hand tools. Duties are performed under the guidance of the Carpenter III. Responsibilities are to:
1.Assist with the construction, remodel or repair of buildings, structures and fixtures. Determine layout, work sequences and types of lumber or special materials and manpower required. Determine installation and repair needs such as doors, hardware, roofs, etc. Assist in planning and scheduling alterations, repair or maintenance of buildings. Apply knowledge of shop mathematics to plan and compute cuts and joints.
2.Ability to build structures such as fences, scaffolds and concrete forms from a variety of materials and methods. Install doors windows and partitions. Cut glass for pictures and awards. Select specified types of lumber and other materials for task at hand.
3.Review project drawings and advise leadership on design and material selection to reduce future conflict and maintenance issues. Inspect contractor work to ensure work complies with design, codes and contracts.
4.Plan, layout and construct cabinets, desks, tables, work stations, vanities, bookcases etc. Plan the layout by interpreting sketches and drawings and by involving the individual for whom the work is being done. Construct, sand, stain, varnish and install finished products.
5.Plan, assign and review day-to-day duties and responsibilities of subordinate carpenter employees. Assist in the selection, training, supervising and evaluating any subordinate employees. Check completed work to see that it meets accepted trade standards.
6.Estimate time, labor and material costs for each project. Requisition project material, obtain government estimates and check supplies and materials for quality and quantity.
7.Perform preventive maintenance on shop equipment and tools to include lubrication of power tools, changing and sharpening of saw blades and adjustment of drive belt tensions. Accountable for the maintenance and cleaning of the carpenter shop and other work areas.
8.Ability to service and repair overhead garage doors.
9.Perform cement work that includes forming and pouring slabs, sidewalks and steps.
10. Ability to work with troops on construction projects.
11. Responsible for the safe operation of hand and power tools. Check for proper settings, worn or broken parts, proper operation of safety shields and guards and cutters. Assure personal safety equipment is on hand and being used while hand and power tools are operated.
12. Assist other trades when possible and or necessary (i.e. snow removal) .
13. Valid driver's license.
14. Acting supervisor in the absence of the Carpenter III.
15. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
16. Ability to bend, stoop, climb ladders, work outside in all weather conditions for extended periods of time.
14. Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Requires the completion of a vocational program at an accredited college or skill center, or two years of work experience as a carpenter. Successful completion of the interview process, reference checks and background investigation.
Applicants must complete online application, along with uploading a cover letter and detailed resume. Applications must be completed by 11:59 pm on the posted closing date.
For more information or if you need accommodation or assistance in the application or selection process contact:
Office of the Adjutant General
ATTN: Cindy Pazdernik
PO Box 5511
Bismarck, ND 58506-5511
Telephone Number: 701-333-2082TYY Number: 800-366-6888 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgState Website: http://www.nd.gov/hrms
Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Carpenters serve in small crews alongside fellow AmeriCorps members to complete the requisite carpentry work at our clients' homes. Carpenters learn how to execute the construction of floor systems, building walls, drying-in homes, and other various tasks including decks and stairs. Members will learn hands on building and come away with extensive knowledge, problem solving skills, and leadership opportunities.
Skilled Construction Specialists will be responsible for training and managing skilled and unskilled volunteers in construction projects, keeping them on task, maintaining a safe and clean worksite, monitoring safety and quality, and ensuring tasks are completed on schedule.
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized work site.
- Ensure that work is of the highest quality.
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude when working with volunteers and members.
- Interact effectively and positively with other team members.
- Ability to learn and implement building plans and install procedures to SBP's standard
- Use hand tools, nail guns, and power tools to complete skilled construction tasks.
- Review work orders and preparing material list for completion of jobs.
- Ensure the safe and proper use of tools and equipment.
Successful Team Members at SBP are:
- Aligned with our mission to shrink the time between disaster and recovery
- Coachable, curious and eager to learn
- Hard workers who are able to be successful with limited supervision
- Effective problem solvers or very interested in learning how to become one
- Team players who both communicate and work effectively in a diverse group
- Comfortable in a startup or entrepreneurial environment weekly with your direct supervisor to discuss each client’s case.
- Advocate for the client both to outside organizations and internally within SBP.
- Be at least 17 years of age or older.
- Have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States.
- Monthly Living allowance of $1,373
- An additional $150 monthly housing stipend for individuals who have previously served in AmeriCorps, NCCC, or VISTA.
- Free limited benefits health coverage.
- An education award of $5,920 upon successful completion of each 10 month term.
- Eligibility to postpone repayment of federally-guaranteed student loans during your service term. (The National Service Trust will also pay all or a portion of the interest that accrued during the service period.)
- Child care assistance
- Valuable professional development and opportunities to further your career
- Potential opportunities to travel in order to respond to disaster events
) Builds rough wooden structures, like concrete forms, scaffolds, tunnel sewer supports, and temporary frame shelters, according to sketches, blueprints, or oral instructions
2) Examines specifications to define dimensions of structure
3) Measures boards, timbers, or plywood, using square, measuring tape and ruler and marks cutting lines on materials, using pencil scriber
4) Saws boards plywood panels to required sizes
5) Nails cleats braces across boards to construct concrete-supporting forms
6) Braces forms in place with timbers, tie rods, and anchor bolts, for use in building concrete piers, footings, and walls
7) Erects chutes for pouring concrete
8) Cuts and assembles timbers to build trestles cofferdams
9) Builds falsework to temporarily strengthen, protect, or disguise buildings undergoing
10) Erects scaffolding for buildings and ship structures installs ladders, handrails, walkways, platforms, and gangways
11) Installs door window bucks rough frames in which finished frames are inserted in designated positions in building framework, and braces them with boards nailed to framework
12) Installs subflooring in buildings
13) Nails plaster grounds wood or metal strips to studding to provide guide for Plasterer
14) Fits and nails sheathing first covering of boards on outer walls roofs of buildings
15) Builds sleds from logs and timbers for use in hauling camp buildings machinery through wooded areas
16) When specializing in particular phase of rough carpentry, is designated according to specialty as Carpenter, Cradle And Dolly ship-boat mfg. ; Dock Builder ; Falsework Builder ; Scaffold Builder ; ship-boat mfg. ; Sheather ; Timber Setter
17) When building and repairing timber structures which support sawmill machinery, is designated Construction Millwright saw. plan.
18) When performing rough carpentry work above ground on sewer or tunnel projects, is designated Surface Carpenter .
MUST HAVE OWN TOOLS
MUST PASS BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG TEST
Human Resources & Labor Relations Supervisor
HUMAN RESOURCES AND LABOR RELATIONS SUPERVISOR
REQUISITION NUMBER: TGHR-USES01868756
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you'll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It's all about progress.
If you're ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Human Resources and Labor Relations Supervisor in Escondido.
As a Human Resources and Labor Relations Supervisor will support the HR Manager in communication and implementation of Bombardier Transportation policies and programs covering the manpower planning and recruitment, employee and relation, pension and benefit administration, organizational development, succession planning, recruitment, compensation administration, performance management, and shared services which are in support of company strategic business objectives. As the HR Supervisor for California you will be responsible for (3) Site HR Advisors and will support projects in Sacramento, San Diego, Los Angeles, and San Francisco Bay area.
Your responsabilities will include:
Review and coordinate the company employment, employee and labor relations, personnel, and equal opportunity policies and practices to comply with the applicable provisions of Federal and State labor laws with oversight of all California sites;
Coordinate the communication and coordination of Performance Management Process to ensure that employee performance is evaluated, that employees aware of their performance, development needs required to effectively support organizational objectives;
Oversee all California sites related to employment activities, assuring that properly qualified employees are recruited and hires for company positions;
Audit and manage all California sites to ensure compliance related to all applicable leave programs and policies such as FMLA, CA Leaves, and workers compensation. Interpret policy, confirm application determinations, track usage and ensure overall compliance with documentation with support of our Shared Services Team and Short Term Disability third party vendor;
Monitor and address Prevailing Wage Determination requirements for all sites, ensure compliance;
Audit and ensure overall compliance of all applicable FRA, FTA and Non-DOT Drug and Alcohol Program, pre-employment and post offer testing;
Oversee all ISO audit, ensures compliance to Bombardier Transportation HR Manual, site policies and FRA regulations;
Ensure the development and implementation of training programs (with support of Shared Services) which support company business objectives;
Ensure that training programs are recorded, and employees are certified within their respective occupations as per Collective Bargaining Agreements;
Support all labor relation activities for California sites with support of HR/LR Manager;
Ensure site HR Advisors are supporting site Management in the grievance process and ensure timelines are met within Collective Bargaining Agreements and escalate all appeals and support HR/LR Manager in labor negotiations;
Support all sites on special projects and replace other HR Advisors while on vacation or authorized leave;
Assist Manager and Director on special assignments such as mobilization projects or site openings.
Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or a related field;
Member of SHRM;
Minimum five (5) to seven (7) years of experience;
Prior work experience in the state of California;
Experience in both a unionized and non unionized, multi-site environment;
Willing to travel up to 30%;
Possess proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products;
Your English communication skills are excellent both written and spoken.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry's broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!