Carpenter Mold Job Description Sample
Injection Molding- Mold Set Up Technician
Position: Injection Molding- Mold Set Up Technician
Term: Contract to Hire leading to a permanent opportunity
Location: Libertyville, IL (northern suburbs side of Chicago)
We are looking for some Injection Molding Set-Up technicians. We need individuals who have the ability to set-up, start for production, change and maintain a variety of molds. Should be mechanically inclined.
Essential Job Functions of Mold Set-Up Associate:
• Set-up injection molds in presses
• Injection molding troubleshooting such as monitoring temperature, material, water lines
• Set-up of auxiliary equipment
• Mold maintenance and safety checks
• Maintain good housekeeping
• Strong mechanical skills. Experience in trades such as: mechanic, repair, carpenter electrician, is considered a plus.
• Experience in manufacturing environment
• Ability to occasionally lift 35 to 70lbs
• Experience with computers and office software is preferred
• Should be able to read procedures and setup sheets to correctly perform machine set-up.
Monday to Friday
Responsible for assembly and finishing of aluminum molds. Mechanically inclined individuals with tool spotting experience and experience working with air and hand tools. Day shift Monday to Friday with OT opportunity and benefits.
Mold Set-Up Team Member
Changes tools (molds) when scheduled in the appropriate amount of time, ensures all checks of tools are completed and assures quality parts are produced by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Changes molds as required by production schedule.
Follows complete instructions when changing tools.
Changes end of arm tooling.
Confirms process or mold is functioning correctly.
Ensures that any abnormalities are reported.
Confirms quality of parts being produced.
Assists in color changes.
Troubleshoots part abnormalities.
Completes small repairs of tools and end of arm tooling.
Ensures set up of machine and support equipment (i.e. chillers, hot runners, loading system, etc.).
Performs other duties as directed by Supervisor.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; and one to three months related experience and/or training preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk. The employee frequently is required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Safety Systems products & Interior/Exterior products
Jewelry Mold And Model Maker
Looking for a production bench jeweler with 3-5 years experience. The candidate would be working with master models for production and have the ability to solve problems related to getting good production molds. They would be working the product development team along with the production staff to resolve any issues that arise during casting and assembly. They would also be required to do some assembly.
- 3-5 years experience as a bench jeweler
- Experience with producing master models for production molds
- Experience in producing molds for production
- hand fabrication and repair skills
- Hand assembly in a production setting
- Work with the design and production teams.
- Make and maintain molds for prototypes and production.
- Work with production team to problem solve any issues coming out of casting.
- Help solve production issues during assembly.
- May be required to do some assembly and cleanup of parts.
- Finishing of masters and maintenance of masters to ensure good production molding
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Pay is commensurate with experience.
Apply today to schedule an interview
Administrative Staff - Asbestos, Lead And Mold Report Writer
Dominion Environmental Consultants, Inc. has an immediate opening for a full time Report Writer in our Phoenix Office.
The successful candidate will prepare reports for asbestos, lead and mold projects based on Industrial Hygiene Professional’s notes, photographs, samples and check lists.
- Excellent writing skills are a MUST
- Be extremely organized, detailed and have great time management and multi-tasking skills
- Be able to effectively communicate with field and office staff.
- Have the ability to write clear, concise, and accurate reports.
- Able to manage multiple projects at once under strict deadlines with guidance from senior staff
- Able to review technical reports from other in-house and subcontracted professionals
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat a MUST
- Candidate with previous experience writing site investigation, monitoring and oversight reports at an environmental firm is a PLUS
- Proficiency with CADD or AutoSketch a PLUS
Dominion is a full service, professional environmental consulting firm that provides a multifaceted array of environmental services. We specialize in services to assess, manage and resolve environmental health, safety, and regulatory compliance issues by project design and professional oversight.
Founded in 1988, Dominion is a management owned corporation. The Corporate office is located in Phoenix, Arizona and operates as the central hub for all environmental programs. Outside of Phoenix, Dominion maintains full time offices in the following locations:
Tucson, Arizona / Show Low, Arizona / Las Vegas, Nevada / Greenwood Village, Colorado
Main Purpose of the Job:
Assists and supports person responsible for Mold Changes in making sure that machines and components, molds and accessories are changed safely and efficiently utilizing prior production data.
- Supports Mold Change Setter II in performing Mold Changes
- Replaces heads and molds in Blow Molding equipment
- Ensures Mold Changes are complete in defined timeframes
- Assists Mold Change Setter II to perform start-up and process in molds that have been used for established products to meet QA approval
- Maintains good and continuous communication with Supervisor, Maintenance and Mold Change Supervisor and Mold Change Setter II
- Working together in a Team
- Ensures team works together as efficiently as possible
- Maintains good housekeeping within department
- The position description is not all inclusive and I may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Time to complete mold changes
- Reports (accurate and complete)
- Quality of processed bottles
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Good knowledge of Blow Molding process preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to operate Forklifts
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and very occasionally to climb or balance.
- The employee is regularly required to climb or balance when using correct stands on machine ladders
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/ or move up to 10 lbs, frequently lift and/or move up to 30 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 lbs.
Injection Mold Designer
Join our growing team servicing the connector industry worldwide.
Injection mold designer with at least 3 years of plastic injection experience. Must be proficient in Solidworks 3D software.
Helpful but not necessary to have experience with the following:
- Engineering grade plastic resin
- High tolerance tooling/design
- Prototype to production
The basic function of Tool Room Personnel is to build or repair all types, sizes and shapes of plastic injection molds and to assemble and test complex tools and molds in production.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The principal duties and responsibilities of the Tool Room Personnel consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Reads and interprets blueprints or works from verbal or written instructions, sketches, or from the actual part to be copied or fitted.
- Plans the setup and operation of various machine shop tools, considering types of material, tolerances, and machine tool feeds and speeds.
- Heat treats and welds parts as required.
- Uses precision measuring and gauging tools, performing required inspections before, during, and after machining.
- CNC machining
- Uses hand tools of the trade for modifications as required.
- Fits and assembles mold parts, tools, and dies. Sets up, runs off, and tests molds to produce a product meeting specifications, tracing die difficulties to their source and making any necessary modifications.
- May assist machinists and millwrights in injection molding press overhaul.
- May assist product designers by providing information about potential manufacturing difficulties with new product designs.
- Various other duties as assigned
Required: High School Diploma
SKILLS: Completion of formal apprenticeship program, technical school training program, or completion of in-company five-year training program.
Familiarity with "hot runner" mold systems.
Good problem-solving skills and ability to work with minimum supervision.
Ability to communicate with designers concerning technical ramifications of designs.
Willingness to follow safety rules when operating machine tools and assembling heavy mold parts.
Includes lifting, sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and use of hands and arms.
Job requires the ability to move mold parts and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
Excellent corrected vision to read blueprints and to perform careful inspection of molds and test products.
Excellent manual dexterity, muscular control, and a delicate touch to accomplish precision work without damage to valuable molds.
MENTAL: Must be able to read, write and speak English.
IMS Gear is looking for an experienced Mold Maker to join our team in Gainesville, GA. Primary duties and responsibilities would include:
- To maintain, repair, recondition, adjust, rebuild and generally ensure proper condition for all molds
- Operation of tool shop machinery (lathes, mills, grinders, welders, CNC equipment, EDM, etc.)
- Makes and builds custom design tooling and automation components from engineering drawings
- Works closely with all production, automation and product engineers as well as set-up operators to ensure proper and accurate completion of molds and/or project tasks
- Performs general tool shop functions as required
- Supports TS16949 requirements for tooling management
Skills and Experience:
- Journeyman level machinist or equivalent experience and education
- Journeyman level tool repair or equivalent experience and education
- Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical internal customers
If you think your experience is just what we need, we would love to hear from you.
Plastic Injection Mold Designer
We are seeking a Plastic Injection Mold Designer to become a part of our team!
-Communicating with customers to work through DFM concerns
-Following specific tooling standards to create comprehensive 3D mold designs using SolidWorks or Creo...
-Overlaying part models and providing information for engineering changes
-Ordering mold bases, hot-runner systems, and standard components
-Successful candidates will show high initiative, be self-motivated and have the ability to act independently to resolve issues on technical matters
Here are a few of the types of designs that we specialize in:
• Highly Contoured and Complex Automotive molds
• Multi Shot / Multi Component Molds
• LSR/LIM Silicone Molds
• Metal Injection Molds
• High Cavitation / High Production Molds
• Auto Unscrewing Molds
-Experience in mold making and tool room equipment and understanding of advanced machine tool technologies and processes preferred
-Knowledge of injection mold tooling design methodologies
-Intermediate knowledge of the injection molding process preferred
-Two years extensive experience with either SoldWorks or Creo
-Excellent communication and teamwork skills
The Design Phactory has been in business for 10+ years and designs plastic injection molds for the automotive, medical, military and consumer sectors. We offer a very good working environment and inclusive culture. Our flex schedule ensures that you never have to miss a family function or your kids sports games/activities.
• Life Insurance
• Paid Holidays
• Personal Days
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!