Carpenter Mold Job Description Sample
Mold Technician I
Saint-Gobain, the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, designs, manufactures and distributes building materials, providing innovative solutions to meet growing demand in emerging economies, for energy efficiency and for environmental protection. Saint-Gobain is a welcoming, solid, open-minded company that offers long-term career opportunities.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," quickly inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed® is North America's leading brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, gypsum and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world's largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed and its affiliates have more than 5,700 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. The group had total sales of approximately $3.3 billion in 2015. www.certainteed.com Duties/Responsibilities EHS and 5S Ensure safe work environment in plant LOTO authorized Identify, eliminate, and/or communicate any unsafe conditions Complying to all PPE requirements Comply with all CertainTeed Siding and EHS Policies Maintain and improve cleanliness of assigned working areas Demonstrate active preventive engagement in EHS through preforming STOP Observations and safety/environmental reporting Quality Be able to understand and communicate what a good quality part Perform hourly color checks Abide by all ISO 9001 and 14001 procedures Ensure that product packaging specification are followed Perform basic visual quality checks Production Responsible for aspects of production including: Reduction of regrind generation and increased reuse of regrind Reduction of Scrap Minimizing Lbs per color change while not sacrificing quality Read work orders and production schedules to determine specifications, such as materials to be used Print and distribute labels as needed Assist in box erection as needed Set up packing stations and printer as needed Run molding machine as needed Perform basic mold changes as needed and perform secondary functions on large mold sets.
Start machines, monitor their operations, and record operational data and process changes. Perform basic process troubleshooting on injection molding machines and material loading systems Complete all necessary paperwork per procedures (ex: mold set up check sheet, shutdown check sheet, process logs and process sheets) Teamwork Be an active team member of one or more chartered teams Lead / co-lead WCM teams High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) 2 to 5 years production experience 1 year injection molding experience Basic injection molding knowledge Basic mold setting knowledge Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Mold Operator- Days
Stock molding rooms with necessary supplies during shift and at the end of shift before shift change.
Immediately notifies maintenance of any quality or downtime issues.
Pulls full boxes/crates from under machines.
Inspects parts for any defects or quality issues before closing box/crate.
Close all boxes/crates, weigh if necessary, apply label and stage.
Bring in any colorant or resin, as directed by Lead Molding Operator.
Moves all finished products to holding areas.
Inspect and stack beakers off of tools, tie bags and label bags.
Sort quarantine created by your assigned machines, when time permits.
Removes and weighs all scrap by product and coordinates with Supervisor all totals.
Keep assigned machines clean including the floor under and around machines, Wipe up oil leaks.
Takes all trash to dumpster.
Cover for other Mold Operator during breaks.
May pull samples after 30 days on the job and be trained by lead operator.
Performs other duties as requested by Production Supervisor or Molding Department Manager. Qualifications/Education/Specialized
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent Required
Work well within a
Team environment and ability to work independently, self-motivated
Follows company policies including safety and environmental policies
Must be able to work 12 hour shifts.
What Thermo Fisher Offers to Employees:
Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits effective on first day of employment
Paid Time Off – Eligible to accrue up to 3 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO), pro-rated based on start date
Paid Holidays + 401(K) Retirement Plan – Company Matching Contribution up to 6%
Shift Premium for 2nd and 3rd shift employees Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purhasing convenience and comprehensive services. Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Injection Mold Technician/ 2Nd & 3Rd Shift
Position Title: Injection Mold Setup Technician
2nd shift M-F 2:45PM-11:15PM
M-F 10:45pm-7:15AMOT Required:
2nd & 3rd shift $24-26/hr.
As a set-up technician you will set-up and process injection molds. Our facility has a wide range of machine types and sizes, as well as varying auxiliary equipment including robotics, conveyors, thermolators, etc. This position requires you to work with these different types of machinery during the setup of the mold, while processing startup parts and throughout the entire production run as you are troubleshooting.
Works with manual and fully electronic control panels
Performs part changeovers while mold is in press
Organizes and sets up workstations in manufacturing areas
Works with supervision on set-up productivity improvement projects
Follows all safety policies and procedures
Arrives to work on time and ready to work
High School Diploma or GED
Good attention to detail
Knowledge of set-up and tear-down procedures of molds
Ability to work independently with little supervision
Basic keyboarding and computer skills
Requires lifting and moving materials of up to 55 lbs
Technical or vocational training
No open toed shoes. Jeans & work appropriate t-shirt/sweatshirt fine. (NO steel toed shoes required)
Requirements for the position:
High School Diploma or GED
Up to 55lbs (will use hoist or get help lifting)
Clean plastics facility. Well lit. There is some smell of plastic.
Find out how we can cater our services to support you: Take a glimpse into the diverse opportunities we have available.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status.
Award Staffing, Inc. Is a Drug Free Workplace/ EEO employer M/F/Veteran/Disability. Interested candidates, please contact: Award Staffing call: 952-767-0069 or email: email@example.com
JVIS USA, LLC is a tier one/tier two automotive manufacturing looking toad some additional Mold Technicians to our current facilities. These are full-time, direct hire positons and we are offering a $2,000 sign on bonus.
Must have plastics/injection molding experience
Must have high school diploma, previous automotive experience, ability to work daily and weekend overtime, bend, twist, stand for long periods, reach, lift up to 50 lbs.
Plastic Manufacturing Mold Setter Position Available
Main Purpose of the Job:
Assists and supports person responsible for Mold Changes in making sure that machines and components, molds and accessories are changed safely and efficiently utilizing prior production data.
- Supports Mold Change Setter II in performing Mold Changes
- Replaces heads and molds in Blow Molding equipment
- Ensures Mold Changes are complete in defined timeframes
- Assists Mold Change Setter II to perform start-up and process in molds that have been used for established products to meet QA approval
- Maintains good and continuous communication with Supervisor, Maintenance and Mold Change Supervisor and Mold Change Setter II
- Working together in a Team
- Ensures team works together as efficiently as possible
- Maintains good housekeeping within department
- The position description is not all inclusive and I may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Time to complete mold changes
- Reports (accurate and complete)
- Quality of processed bottles
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Good knowledge of Blow Molding process preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to operate Forklifts
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and very occasionally to climb or balance.
- The employee is regularly required to climb or balance when using correct stands on machine ladders
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/ or move up to 10 lbs, frequently lift and/or move up to 30 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 lbs.
Mold Maker (Confectionery - Jewelers Ok!)
MOLD MAKER - CHOCOLATE! (transferable jewelry experience ok!) (Hicksville, NY)
Live your sweet dreams of making chocolate molds and bring beautiful things to life!
Stable and growing confectionery manufacturer/ distributor is seeking an experienced, hands-on Mold Maker to create custom chocolate molds.
The ideal person will have 3+ years experience in this field or transferable jeweler's experience.
Candidate will possess the following skills:
- Mechanical type with experience in carpentry, sign making or mold making.
- Drills, lathes, saws and other mechanical equipment.
- Sculpting and casting
- Exposure units for screens and plates
- CNC router experience a plus
Must be a detail-oriented individual who can work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Hours: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm (must be flexible to work OT/ weekends when needed).
Bilingual English/ Spanish a plus.
An excellent opportunity to join a solid Long Island company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Plastic Injection Mold Maker
An established Pittsburgh based Injection Mold Builder is searching for a Full-Time Tool and Die/Mold Maker. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years mold making experience with a focus on quality and productivity. He or she must be self-motivated, able to work independently as well as with a team, and have a desire to continuously improve their skill sets and technical knowledge.
Perform duties required to perform machining operations and bench work to design and build dies, tools, molds, fixtures, jigs, etc., of complex design, close tolerances and finish requirements, following product drawings and blueprints and applying knowledge of tool and die design and construction, shop mathematics, metal properties, machining, and assembly procedures.
· Study specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualize dies or molds to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts, and make recommendations to engineering for function and manufacturability.
· Diagnose and repair existing customer tooling.
· Compute dimensions, plan layout, and determine assembly method and sequence of operations.
· Remove defective parts and repair by smoothing flat and contoured surfaces using scrapers, abrasive stones, and power grinders, and fit and assemble parts together and into assemblies and mechanisms using hand tools or make drawing of part to be fabricated; insert repaired or new part and reassemble die.
· Set up and operate machine tools such as lathes, milling machine, EDM machine, and grinder to machine parts and verify conformance of machined parts to drawing or specification.
· Lift dies manually or use hoist and position and secure dies on surface of worktable using devices such as vises, V-blocks, and angle plates.
· Work with machinists, project managers and engineers to solve problems and improve processes.
· Maintain plant & office cleanliness and organization.
· High school diploma or GED required, plus 5 years related machine shop experience, or equivalent education.
· Basic trigonometry and geometry mathematical machinist skills
· Detailed knowledge of CNC machining technique.
· The ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
· Proficient at reading and understanding measuring devices
· Proficient at reading and understanding blueprints and shop drawings
· Journeyman papers
· MasterCAM experience
Hours: Flexible, Day shift
Competitive Benefit Package:We offer group health plan which includes Vision and Dental coverage. Additional benefits include: 401k, Paid time off, Holiday pay, Disability and
We offer a competitive salary in addition to our attractive benefit package that will be dependent on education and experience.
Job Title: Mold Designer
Reports to: Tool Shop Manager
- Conceptualizes, plans, and executes the design of mold tooling
- Develop conceptual, preliminary, and final designs.
- Design free form surfaces required for correction
- Design injection molds, corrections and design changes.
- Create and maintain Bills of Material (BOM).
- Create Mold Drawings as needed.
- Active participant in all areas of design phases to ensure complete and accurate mold delivery.
- Support production needs through enhancing existing production tools for optimal output and quality.
- Active in mold design reviews, measurement feasibility reviews, and tooling meetings as needed.
- Works closely with all production, automation and product engineers.
- Performs general tool shop functions as required
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in engineering or significant work experience in injection molding
- 3 years or more of work experience related to mold design
- Proficient in ProE (Creo 3)
- Proficient in Proficient experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access.
- Geometric dimension and tolerance
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical internal customers
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Experienced team leader
We are a high precision machine shop specializing in close tolerance, multi-cavity plastic injection molds. We are located in Leander, Texas.
We are seeking a Mold Designer to become a part of our team! You will prepare detailed working models and diagrams of Molds for plastic injection as well as identify areas of improvement to increase efficiency.
- Design and prepare 3D models, 2D prints for molds for plastic injection
- Design and prepare 3D models and prints for Electrodes.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerance using measuring instruments
- Review and modify designs to reduce production deficiencies
- Provide timely updates for drawing completion and workload
- Coordinate with other colleagues regarding complex diagrams
- 40 hour work weeks
- Mold flow analasys
- Incorporate automation into mold
- Previous experience in drafting, manufacturing or other related fields. GDT
- Familiarity with Mold designs and drawings
- Experience with multi-cavity molds
- Experience with multi-side action tools.
- Intimate familiarity with Solidworks
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Tool making history is a plus
- Electrode design history is a plus.
- Mold Flow
We are located in sunny Leander Texas. Come join the Texas Hill Country.
Injection Mold Processor/Set-Up
Growing injection mold manufacturer working in the Automotive industry seeks an individual who is skilled in processing new molds and mold set-up.
Knowledge of E-Dart and Decouple 3 is helpful but not required.
Master Molding 1 Certificate desirable.
Health insurance and supplemental insurance are available after probationary period. Pre-employment drug screening and background check are required. Come in and fill out an application at:
10521 75th St. N., Unit B, Largo, FL 33777 or send resume. No calls.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!