Carpenter Prototype Job Description Sample
Carpenters serve in small crews alongside fellow AmeriCorps members to complete the requisite carpentry work at our clients' homes. Carpenters learn how to execute the construction of floor systems, building walls, drying-in homes, and other various tasks including decks and stairs. Members will learn hands on building and come away with extensive knowledge, problem solving skills, and leadership opportunities.
Skilled Construction Specialists will be responsible for training and managing skilled and unskilled volunteers in construction projects, keeping them on task, maintaining a safe and clean worksite, monitoring safety and quality, and ensuring tasks are completed on schedule.
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized work site.
- Ensure that work is of the highest quality.
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude when working with volunteers and members.
- Interact effectively and positively with other team members.
- Ability to learn and implement building plans and install procedures to SBP's standard
- Use hand tools, nail guns, and power tools to complete skilled construction tasks.
- Review work orders and preparing material list for completion of jobs.
- Ensure the safe and proper use of tools and equipment.
Successful Team Members at SBP are:
- Aligned with our mission to shrink the time between disaster and recovery
- Coachable, curious and eager to learn
- Hard workers who are able to be successful with limited supervision
- Effective problem solvers or very interested in learning how to become one
- Team players who both communicate and work effectively in a diverse group
- Comfortable in a startup or entrepreneurial environment weekly with your direct supervisor to discuss each client’s case.
- Advocate for the client both to outside organizations and internally within SBP.
- Be at least 17 years of age or older.
- Have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States.
- Monthly Living allowance of $1,373
- An additional $150 monthly housing stipend for individuals who have previously served in AmeriCorps, NCCC, or VISTA.
- Free limited benefits health coverage.
- An education award of $5,920 upon successful completion of each 10 month term.
- Eligibility to postpone repayment of federally-guaranteed student loans during your service term. (The National Service Trust will also pay all or a portion of the interest that accrued during the service period.)
- Child care assistance
- Valuable professional development and opportunities to further your career
- Potential opportunities to travel in order to respond to disaster events
Carpenter & Estimator
Do you love the smell of fresh sawdust early in the morning?
Do you dream of plumb posts, level beams and perfect cuts?
Can you think outside the box, solve problems and make decisions on your own?
Do you have what it takes to see a project through from beginning to end?
If so, you might be a perfect fit to work with McCarthy Painting—the Bay Area's premier painting company. We're currently looking for a hardworking and self directed carpenter. Experience is helpful but we're willing to train the right person.
The carpenter position in our company is very important. In many cases, you'll be first on the scene. Your mission is to seek out dry-rot, remove the infected material and replace it with fresh, new timber.
You pave the way for our paint crew so you must be on the top of your game. You must be able to think fast, make decisions on your own, work directly with our clients and get the job done on time. A clean personal image and good communication skills are a must, as we often work on multi million dollar homes and buildings.
You'll also be responsible for doing some light estimating of project costs and presentation of proposals to clients.
You'll be working for a local family business in a healthy, supportive atmosphere with flexible hours and work schedule. The work is part time or full time for the right person.
Does this sound like a position you would thrive in?
This position is for a flexible person who enjoys thinking outside the box and wearing a few different hats. Read on for instructions on how to apply.
Due to a large volume of applicants, we will not be able to respond to everyone individually. Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to meeting you!
All applicants must:
- Be friendly, approachable and have a neat appearance
- Preferably have some carpentry / painting experience
- Have your own vehicle for transportation to and from work
- (but we may provide a company vehicle)
- Work well with co-workers and customers
- Be able to pass a drug test and background check
- Have a valid California driver license
- Be proficient with computers and smart phones
- Be willing and able to learn new software
- Have an interest in innovation and constant improvement
- We pay half of health insurance costs
- Paid time off for vacations and holidays
- Opportunity to be rewarded for your hard work, collaboration and ability to meet goals
- A flexible work environment
- Possibility of access to a company vehicle
- Opportunities for continued education and personal growth
Salary and benefit package to be discussed at interview, but compensation will be in the neighborhood of $25/hour. We reward our staff for hard work and contribution to meeting company goals.
Remodel Lead Carpenter
At Parkside Remodeling, we believe that a design/build project should be an exciting and optimistic undertaking with the ultimate reward being a finished product that makes our clients' lives better--with more comfortable surroundings, more inspiring finishes and more use-able space.
Every arrival to a destination is the sum of the steps it took to get there; we aim to make those steps clear, well-considered and enjoyable for you. Parkside has an unparalleled project management team, experienced in not only delivering a quality job but also in effectively communicating with our clients -- thoroughly and with respect and politeness.
We are currently seeking to add a Lead Carpenter to our team. The Lead Carpenter needs the ability to handle all aspects of construction. This position offers room to move up within our growing company.
Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licenses
Analyze, manage and mitigate risks
Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
Other responsibilities as assigned
3+ years of experience in construction
Advanced knowledge of construction processes, means and methods
Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
Understanding of all facets of the construction process
Ability to plan and see the "big picture"
Competent in conflict and crisis management
Excellent time and management skills
The ideal candidate will have at least 6 years of carpentry experience. You must have exceptional interior finish abilities (hanging doors, base, trim, paint, some drywall, etc…) carpentry skills, with the ability to seamlessly blend existing building with new.
- Responsible for the successful completion of specific construction projects, ensuring compliance with plans, specs, budgets, schedules, codes and safety guidelines
- Communication as needed with owners and subcontractors
- Adaptable to changes and/or delays and be able to determine the material costs and man hours for these as or if needed
- Monitor and deliver job progress, quality, cleanliness and site security
- Running a job & fulfilling duties assigned to ensure project is kept on schedule
- High School or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- Own reliable transportation and tools
- Ability to create a schedule, manage it and plan for future job flow
- Ability to read a scope of work and execute it
- Some experience with budgeting and scheduling
- Ability to be a team player, a self-starter always helping to move the company ahead and thus yourself
- Ability to take on site pictures and send them to office email
- Computer and smart phone skill sets
- Must be punctual, hours are normally 8am-4:30pm Monday through Friday but can vary depending on requirements
Prototype BOM Planner
The Prototype BOM Planner will join a growing team of Engineering and Health & Safety professionals helping our customers reduce their work-related risk to quality, productivity and employee health.
Successful candidates will have the following attributes:
- Knowledge of automotive Powertrain products and major components of engines, transmissions and axles
- Excellent communication skills, well organized, detail-oriented team player
- Establishing and maintaining prototype (BOM) for each design configuration a monthly basis
- Conducting configuration planning with responsible component engineers
- Incorporating change requests into prototype builds
- Creating and providing prototype forecast of Powertrain components to prototype procurement
- Creating, facilitating and tracking build of prototype Powertrain components
- Creating and communicating Powertrain components deliveries with test location
- Establishing and facilitating upgrade kits for components changed within the sample stage
- Providing weekly status engine builds to schedule and supporting prototype build coordinator with establishing recovery plans if builds fall behind plan
- Establishing and implementing lean processes to optimize prototype engine builds
- Facilitating transition of part procurement to prototype procurement
- 2-5 years of experience in build planning
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Logistics or equivalent
- Must have safe and reliable transportation
Please note: If a candidate is not a U.S. citizen, they must be able to become legally authorized for work in the United States. Sandalwood does not offer H-1B visa sponsorship. Verification of employment eligibility is required at time of hire.
Sandalwood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
Do you like carpentry work? Would you like an opportunity to join the Carpenters’ Union and get training and schooling in that profession? Would you get satisfaction from assisting low income individuals/families to make their homes energy efficient?
Under work direction from the Journeyman Carpenter, the Apprentice Carpenter learns standard entry level carpentry methods and techniques. The work is accomplished in an actual on-the-job situation and is supplemented by mandatory attendance at the Carpenter’s Union training center.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Not All Inclusive):
- Complete weatherization tasks on low-income residences.
- Participate in Carpenters and Joiners training program, attend carpentry school classes, and join local Carpenter’s Union.
- Gain experience by learning to:
- use carpenter’s hand tools and power tools;
- review and conform to building codes;
- select proper materials to be used as appropriate to job;
- mark cutting & assembly lines on materials using pencil, chalk, and marking gauge;
- assemble cut and shape materials and fasten them together, and
- fit and install weather stripping.
- Must be at least 17 years of age.
- Must have high school diploma or GED.
- Must have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
- No major driving violations and no more than two minor driving violations in the last five years.
- Must successfully pass a Department of Transportation (Non-federal DOT) medical examination, Upper Extremity test, Grip Strength test and Medical evaluation for respirator use.
- Must successfully pass criminal background study.
- Must be able to lift up to 44 pounds, carry up to 82 pounds and demonstrate these and additional physical requirements through CRT testing.
- Minimum of 6 months building trades experience (non-union) preferred.
Schedule: M-F, 40 Hours/Week
Benefits: Carpenters’ Union http://www.northcountrycarpenter.org/benefits/
Posting Dates: 1/17/19-Until Filled
Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance.
- Read blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirements
- Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed
- Cut, shape and smooth lumber and other material (e.g. fiberglass) according to measurements
- Build window frames, doors, staircases and frame buildings by using raw materials or pre-constructed items
- Lay out floorings, roofings or drywalls ensuring they are leveled and compatible
- Carve and assemble furniture, cabinets, shelves and other items and install them where designated
- Inspect places and conduct repairs or maintenance
- Build scaffolding and other construction structures
- Proven experience as carpenter
- Must have your own tools
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saws, hammers, rulers etc.)
- Ability to read technical documents and drawings
- Willingness to follow safety guidelines at all times
SDP is hiring 3 experienced Carpenters. Carpenters at SDP work under the guidance and leadership of the Lead Carpenter and Site Supervisor. Carpenters will work on small and large projects and are expected to bring the skills and knowledge to take a project from frame to finish.
Reports to jobsite on time, alert, and able on a daily basis
● Knows what tasks are coming next and ensures that he/she has the necessary tools and stock
● Creates personal task lists of items to-do and completes
● Sets up job site in the morning with the proper tools and equipment needed for that day
● Keeps jobsite clean and debris-free
● Cleans equipment as needed and securely stores equipment at end of day
● Wears personal protective gear, such as but not limited to, safety glasses and ear protection at all times on the job.
● Provides guidance and supervision for apprentice carpenters and laborers
● Practices responsible tool care and maintenance
● Positively represents the company through all interactions; with co-workers, vendors and
●Accomplish the work of the job/project.
● OSHA-10, We will certify you
● RRP a plus, We will certify you
All general carpentry skills, plus the following
● Read and build from plans
● Generate stock lists and place orders
● Draw details as needed for custom parts and attachments
- Health, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending
Carpenter - Siding, Windows, Roofing, Doors
Are you tired of wondering if you will be working tomorrow or if you will be getting 40 hrs this week?
If so, experience what it is like to work for a professional home improvement company that offers top pay with additional performance incentives and great benefits including 401K with company match. P.J. Fitzpatrick, Inc. is seeking Home Repair Technicians with experience in residential roofing, siding, window and door installation, repair and maintenance.
Must have 3+ years experience of Roofing, Siding, Window, & Door install experience.
This position requires skill in all types of home installations of roofing, siding, windows/door with an emphasis on:
- Leak detection and resolution
- Ability to troubleshoot problems
- Offer solutions and deliver only the best customer service experience
- Self-motivation and a desire to get the job done correctly
- Candidate will also communicate with customer on specifications and troubleshooting any issues to make sure the project is completed correctly while delivering only the best customer service experience.
- Paid Training
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Company Cell Phone
- 401k with Company Match
- Performance Incentives
- Paid Personal Time Off - including the day off for your birthday!
- Company vehicle with gas card and EZ Pass – You take vehicle home!
Flos USA Inc ,
Architectural, custom and decorative lighting company in LIC, NY has an immediate, full time opening for an experienced carpenter. Comprehensive benefit package and excellent compensation for qualified candidates.
Seeking a skilled carpenter with experience in commercial carpentry. Must have standard hand and power tools associated with general carpentry and will be provided additional tools as the specific job dictates. Candidatebe must be able to work in a safe and clean environment with router and table saw, and being able to read blue print is plus. Looking for a team player.
All tasks related to general carpentry including metal and wood framing, frame and hardware installation etc. May lead a small team of individuals with varying skill levels
*Optional Healthcare, dental and vision coverage
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!