Carpet Weaver Jacquard Loom Job Description Sample
Overview Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States. Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant. EOE MINORITIES / FEMALES / PROTECTED VETERANS / DISABLED
Responsible for efficiently operating the weaving loom including checking the face for quality defects, correcting defects, threading yarn, replacing yarn which may have run out from the creel, etc.
Responsible for repairing minor weaving machine malfunctions and blowing out the machine.
Responsible for performing this job in a quality and productive manner.
Expected to maintain all housekeeping items and follow all housekeeping procedures associated with the position.
Responsible for lifting or moving heavy objects.
Expected to follow all safety procedures for the job duties assigned This job is located in Sugar Valley, GA. B &D Shifts available
Good analytical and organizational skills
Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently
Ability to be an effective team member
Ability to communicate effectively
Ability to operate in narrow and/or confined spaces
Previous weaver experience preferred but not required J
Loom Cleaner - Pri WB - Plant SP - B Shift
Shaw Industries, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc., with more than $4.8 billion (USD) in annual sales. We are the world’s largest carpet manufacturer and a leading floor covering provider.
We supply carpet, hardwood, laminate, resilient, tile and stone flooring products and synthetic turf to residential and commercial markets worldwide. Headquartered in Dalton, Georgia, our 22,000 associates are located throughout the US and all over the world. Generally, positions in our facilities require standing or sitting for long periods of time.
These positions may require heavy and/or repeated lifting, bending, stooping, reaching overhead or crawling. Specific physical requirements for the job will be discussed during our interview process.Position
Sweep and blow off looms with the maximum amount of production and a minimal amount of off-quality.
Responsibilities:(considering job knowledge, job environment, effort, manipulative skill, judgment, safety knowledge, & responsibility): Blow off looms and sweep. Scrape and Mop under looms.
Perform all housekeeping duties as assigned by the supervisor. Empty Garbage Cans. Must be a team player. Must communicate effectively with department supervisor. *
- Manufacturing experience preferred.
Job:Production Our Nation’s veterans bring an extraordinary array of skills and training to any position. Shaw actively works to understand how these skills can translate to our job categories.
Shaw will consider an applicant’s military service and work experience when determining whether a candidate meets the requirements of a posted job. Shaw values Diversity & Inclusion. We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Veterans & Disabled.
Title:Loom Cleaner - Pri WB - Plant SP - B Shift
Weaver / Knitting
We are currently seeking Experienced Weavers and Knitters for a Direct Hire opportunity for one of our clients.
The Weaver should have:
- At least one year's experience preferably on Airjet weaving machines but they will consider other types of weaving. Needle Loom experience is NOT considered weaving for this client.
- Preference will be given to Weavers that are able to work any shift, but consideration will be given to any Weaver with appropriate experience
Shift changes for Weaver are at 7AM, 3PM, and 11PM
- Training rates $11 - $12.66
- Temporary Range of pay is $11.00 - $14.50
- Permanent Full pay is progressive incentive (piece rate) with base rate of 12.66 @ 88% efficiency.
Weaver ESSENTIAL DUTIES* (List in order of importance)
Daily REPAIR WARP STOPS, KEEP WARP ENDS STRAIGHT.
REPAIR FILLING STOPS, MATCH FILLING WHEN STARTING MACHINE WHERE FILLING IS BROKEN.
RESTART MECHANICAL STOPS
WALK TO STOPPED MACHINE
PATROL & INSPECT CLOTH
INSPECT AND INITIAL CLOTH ONCE PER SHIFT.
BLOW OFF MACHINES AND PREWINDERS TWICE PER SHIFT.
- CREEL FILLING PACKAGE
Weaver NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
1. KEEPING UP WITH WARP OUTS
2. FLAGGING ANYMACHINE FOR ANY CAUSE
3. RECORD FLAG REASON, INITIAL EACH START UP
4. OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED BY SUPERVISION
Handle objects (manual dexterity)
- Reach above shoulder level
- Use fine finger movements
- Lift up to 25 lbs
- Is exposed to dust
- Reason and analyze
- Is exposed to excessive noise
- Is around moving machinery
- Communicate orally
- Read and comprehend
- Perform calculations
Our Mission: Consistently provide client experiences focused on what they value most.
Sets up yarn for loom operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Follow all safety guidelines
· For setting up a new job worker uses a draft with instructions to set up back reeds.
· Worker draws yarn into the haddles using a hook.
· Sets up front reeds to draw yarn.
· Ties yarn to previous webbing.
· When set up is complete worker writes initials on back side of draft.
· For continuation of an exitsting job workers uses a draft with instructions to tie ends together in a knot.
· Pulls through the haddles.
· Ties yarn ends to previous webbing.
· Perform other related duties, as necessary.
No supervisory responsibilities
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPEREINCE, SKILLS)
Ability to read web draft
Ability to follow complex instructions
Ability to weave
Ability to tie a weaver’s knot
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Manual dexterity essential
Some climbing, reaching overhead and squatting
APPROXIMATE TRAINING PERIOD
Two months after working as a Hander-In
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.
Restaurant Manager - 168 Weaver Blvd
McDonald's company-owned and independent Owner-Operator restaurants are staffed by great people, and right now we're looking for more of them. People interested in satisfying careers with competitive benefits.
People interested in growing and advancing. People with lots to offer. People like you. If you're interested (and we sure hope you are), let's get together.
Wire Mesh Weaver
WIRE / METAL FABRICATION
Morrisville manufacturing company is seeking intelligent individuals, W/WO experience to fill positions in general labor. Good mechanical skills necessary. Experience with calipers, micrometers, and pneumatic machines a plus. Competitive wages, 401K plan / benefits.
Hrs 8:00 am to 5:00 pm M-F.
We are seeking Carpet Installers to become a part of our team!
- Assist with the installation of Carpet and Hard Surface Flooring Materials
- Furnish tools, materials and supplies to complete work
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Track all equipment and supplies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Lengthy Experience Preferred, 10+Years
- Familiarity with tools and equipment
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to work well in teams
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
What We Offer:
- Pay at or above industry standard
- Pay every week
- Excellent Benefits Including 401K, Health and Life Insurance
Carpet Cleaning Technician / Sales Person
Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning is searching for the unique person that wants to turn a job into a career through hard work and determination. If you are motivated by unlimited income, possess the drive and commitment to succeed, and have a friendly, “can-do” attitude, you could be the next member of our growing team.
Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning is one of the fastest growing carpet, upholstery, tile, grout and wood floor cleaning companies in the industry. Since 2006, Oxi Fresh has grown to well over 200 territories with thousands of satisfied customers!
We are looking for individuals that are reliable, responsible, personable and self-motivated. You must have a strong work ethic, demonstrate great customer service skills and a desire to be THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS. Prior carpet cleaning experience is not required. Prior sales experience is a PLUS!
- Review schedule frequently to ensure on-time service
- Follow company procedures to provide outstanding cleaning services to our customers
- Educate customers on the benefits of Oxi Fresh products and services
- Encourage use / sell additional products and services
- Personable / professional customer service to achieve / maintain a high customer service rating
- Resolve any issues to ensure customer satisfaction
- Clean / maintain Oxi Fresh equipment and vehicle
- Complete daily paperwork / reporting
Requirements for job:
- Professional appearance
- Friendly personality
- Able to work independently
- Good driving record
- Able to carry 50#’s up stairs
- You must have a Smart phone and internet access
Customer appointments are provided to our technicians. You must be able to work between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Monday-Friday and Saturday mornings between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
Company paid training, company vehicle, cell phone stipend and bonuses for outstanding performance.
Oxi Fresh hires the highest quality individuals to serve our customers. Therefore, all candidates must pass a drug test, motor vehicle record check and criminal background check. EOE / Veterans encouraged to apply!
Commercial Carpet Cleaning Technician
NOW HIRING - Part-Time & Full-Time- Several Positions Available
Are you great with people? Do you take pride in your work? Would you like customers to know your name and appreciate what you do? Do you want more than just a job as a laborer with no future?
The position of Carpet Cleaning Technician for KMC Cleaners & restoring Services is a very rewarding experience for the team member, as well as clients that you come into contact with. No previous carpet cleaning experience is required, but janitorial is a plus. Bring your enthusiasm, courtesy and desire to learn; we'll provide industry-training, lots of growth potential and great benefits. Future / additional employment positions include:
Upholstery and Drapery Technician -- Wood Floor Technician -- Water Damage Technician -- Tile, Grout and Natural Stone Technician -- Custodial Technician -- Window Cleaner & Pressure Cleaning Technician- Office Position and Sales. All positions require the ability to work close-up with people in their homes and business.
HOURS: Full Time / Part Time Available- Mon-Fri 9:00 to 6:00 pm (Sometimes Saturdays)
PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS: * Have clean DMV report and valid CA driver's license. * Enjoy physical work and be able to lift up 75 lbs. * Pass a drug test. * Must have a clean appearance; * Wear company uniform. * Must be able to read and write English. * Personal integrity and strong work ethics a must. * Reliable transportation to work.
JOB SUMMARY: The desire to be taught, and the ability to learn from others. * You must know how to effectively communicate with people. * You will become a teacher to our clients that they will respect and trust. * You will be in the process of learning proper cleaning methods and become an expert in the field. This will also include instruction by IICRC (Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certificate) For more information about the IICRC, you can go to www.iicrc.org. * You will become an integral part of a team where your voice is heard and respected.
· Competitive Salary
· Commission on Sales
· Paid Vacation
· Paid Holidays
· Medical benefits
· Advancement Opportunities
· Long-term Career
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Paid Sick Leave
· $300.00 New Hire Bonus
KMC Cleaners & Restoring Services specializes in Restorative Cleaning of Fibers, Fabrics and All Types of Hard Surfaces. (Not your typical clean-the dirt-off-the-surface-cleaners.)
This makes KMC Cleaners unique. They do their own cleaning and restoration with their own workforce. Carpet- Upholstery- Area Rugs- Draperies- Leather- Tile & Grout- Linoleum- Natural Stone- Hardwood Floors- Window Cleaning- Shower Glass- Stainless Steel- Air Ducts- Odor Removal- Fire/Water Damage Restoration- Concrete & All Type of Repairs.
Carpet Cleaning Technician
We are looking for a Cleaning Technician to join our team! Employee must be capable of providing effective leadership and direction to the crew assistant. Must have in-depth knowledge of carpet fiber as well as stain and spot removal chemicals and their proper use. Employee must know pH scale and how this scale relates to spot and stain treatment. Must have in-depth knowledge of most furniture and drapery fabrics as well as stain and spot removal chemicals and their proper uses. Job requires working weekends and holidays and there is extensive local traveling within the area.
- Performs commercial and residential cleaning work (carpet, furniture, drapery) that is performed in a timely manner and is in accordance with contract specifications.
- Capable of performing and leading water damage jobs in accordance with Steamatic processes, in a timely manner and in accordance with contract specifications a plus.
- Scopes layout of job area and determines most effective workflow pattern.
- Explains job flow to customer and the estimated time frame to complete the job.
- Performs actual cleaning of carpet, furniture and draperies. Treats all stains and spots in accordance with Steamatic processes.
- Makes sure that the area that has been cleaned is left as it was found with the exception of the blocks and pads left in place under furniture.
- Assures a safe working environment for both crew and customer
- Keeps accurate records of the amounts of chemicals used on each job
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
- Consistently look for new opportunities and customers for Brouwer Brothers Steamatic services
- Successful completion of the Steamatic Training Class.
- Must be over 18 years of age and in conformance with company’s driving policy to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to effectively communicate well
- Must be able to lift in excess of 75 lbs., able to bend, twist and reach, and able use ladders and scaffolds
- Must be physically fit in order to work with chemicals and enclosed environments
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!