Carrier Packer Job Description Sample
Carrier Development / Carrier Relations
Expeditus Transport continues to grow, so we’re looking for additional members to join our team. Are you the one?
This is a new position, and some of the job responsibilities would include;
· Develop and implement policies and procedures for the acquisition and retention of partner carriers
· Develop and execute an effective onboarding platform for partner carriers
· Effective communication with carriers regarding Expeditus expectations and requirements
· Completion of all carrier documentation and uploading of same into computer system
· Effectively resolve service failures between carriers and operations team
· Resolve carrier problems/concerns
· Maintain all applicable files/documentation
What qualities are we looking for in you?
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to take control and follow through
· Able to control, manage, and effectively communicate with a variety of personality types
· Desire to take and maintain control of the department
· Outgoing, “people-person” personality
· Experience with transportation recruitment or customer service highly preferred
· Experience with Act! CRM, Microsoft Office, Sylectus TMS & Omnitracks/Qualcomm highly preferred
· Strong negotiation skills
· H.S. Diploma or equivalent
· Above average computer skills
· Desire/drive to succeed with your team
· Part-time travel required
Who are we?
Expeditus Transport LLC is a rapidly growing transportation provider located in Sylvania, OH. We specialize in expedite freight, but are a “one-stop” service provider for our customers. We offer, in addition to expedite, non-time critical transport, logistics services, and specialized services to include flatbed and other specialized equipment. Our team is dedicated to success, and our continued growth speaks volumes to that dedication. We have a complete benefit package to include not only health insurance benefits, but 401k program and paid time off.
Specializing in expedite, rush-critical, and time-sensitive freight, our fleet of tractors, flatbeds, straight trucks, and sprinters are always on standby and ready for immediate dispatch to meet your transportation needs.
Our friendly dispatch and operations teams are capable and experienced, outfitted with the best technologies, and a network of enthusiastic resources. Simply put, our vision is to help you reach your own.
Carrier Relations Representative (Freight Broker)
As a Carrier Relations Representative, you will contact trucking companies (carriers) to negotiate rates and move freight to and for our customers. This is a fast-paced role with a great deal of multitasking, problem-solving, and communication with drivers and associates to meet aggressive sales targets.
- Develop strong relationships with carriers through effective prospecting
- Manage active call logs and warm/cold call new carrier leads
- Ensure the delivery of goods by managing the full sales and delivery lifecycle
- Ensuring products are picked up, transported, and delivered on time to the client’s satisfaction)
- Negotiate rates to maximize the highest possible returns and margins
- Work with manager in forecasting, business planning, and strategy
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and business/industry ethics and regulations
- Ensure deliveries are completed on schedule and on target
- Self-motivated individual with a strong sense of urgency and due diligence
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Have a high interest in industry related-topics, markets, and regulations
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a small team environment
- Strong work ethic, motivation, and sales drive
- Confident decision-making ability
- Strong ability to negotiate
- Enthusiasm and high energy
- Eagerness to learn and grow
- Bachelors Degree Preferred
- Minimum 1-year experience in sales/customer service
- Logistics background is preferred
- Exceptional verbal, written, and communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Competitive personality
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Comfortable with using multiple Windows applications
- Ability to work well independently or with a team
- Demonstrated problem solving, customer service, and decision-making abilities
- High energy level and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite is required
- Ability to work at a computer desk for 8+ hours a day
- West Loop / Fulton Market Location
- Casual Dress & Game Room
- Weekly Professional and Social Events
- Micro-Roasted Coffee, Beer, and refreshing fruit-infused water to keep you hydrated throughout the day
Compensation: Salary + Commission
Benefits: 401K, Dental, Health Coverage Stipend
Carrier Service Sale Rep.
Established Telecommunications firm with over 7,500 client data base seeks a Carrier Service Sales person with experience.
We have established relationships with all major and minor carriers in the South East and a remote office setup for you on our Mitel sytem.
Carrier Sales Representative
Edge Logistics is a growing third party freight brokerage in Rosemont/Chicago, IL. Since opening in 2014 with 4 employees, Edge has grown to 24 employees and is actively looking for new talent to join the team. Great time to get in with growing brokerage!
RECENT GRADUATES ENCOURAGED!
Edge Logistics is seeking highly motivated, intelligent, competitive people to join our growing sales force. An entry-level logistics sale is a function of our team, which primarily focuses on developing our core accounts and sourcing carrier partners who best serve our customer’s needs. You will learn how to run your own book of business through operations, carrier sales, and customer service with our senior account managers’ core accounts. You will be perfect at this job if you: played sports, love winning at board games, have a strong desire to make a lot of money, love negotiating and have been called stubborn before. The job will consist of but is not limited to:
- Source carrier partners who can service our customer’s needs.
- Establish and maintain relationships with carriers to expand capacity opportunities.
- Negotiate pricing with carriers on spot or transactional business.
- Establish internal relationships with customer sales to develop core accounts.
- Take a proactive approach in learning the trends of a dynamic truckload freight market.
- Make 100 plus outbound calls a day.
- Provide unparalleled customer service.
- Uncovering new business opportunities within our core accounts.
Skills and Experience
- Strong verbal/phone communication skills
- Highly competitive and motivated
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to develop business strategies
- Sales experience preferred
- You will receive a base salary plus an opportunity to earn uncapped commission.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K and benefits
- Work hard/play hard environment; occasional beer Fridays and various employee events
Pooling talent from the nation’s best 3pl’s, the Edge Logistics Team is fully equipped to meet your service needs. From the initial request, booking a load, to tracking your shipment, you can be sure that our expert team will take care of every detail.
Carrier Sales Representative
Are you ready to further your career in sales? Do you want to help us take Carrier Sales to the next level? Are you interested in making an impact? Optimal Freight is looking to add to our team, here is your chance to expand your knowledge and develop the skills to lead a team. Optimal Fright is a leading third party logistics provider and the non-asset arm of Transport America.
As an Experienced Carrier Sales Representative at Optimal Freight, you will play a key role in helping our customers move their freight in the most cost-effective way by developing relationships with a network of carriers. You will build your own portfolio of carrier accounts and manage your own book of business, all while being coached and mentored on the ever changing transportation industry.
Who are you?
· Have 1-3 years of experience as a broker, love the industry and are ready for a career jumpstart
· You’re a freight beast. A naturally competitive A-player who’s ready to conquer anything that’s thrown at you
· Can adapt to change and multi-task efficiently
· Sharp, witty, and tenacious salesperson
· Powerful negotiator with strong communication skills
· Mature and confident with strong interpersonal skills and a true team player
· Ability to build lasting relationships
What we offer:
· A challenge with a growing organization
· A Base salary plus commissions
· Work in a casual and fun environment focused on teamwork and collaboration,
· Learn with the best – grow your knowledge by working with an expert who hired and trained many of the leaders in the Chicago area Brokerage community.
· Health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
· 401(k) company match
· Casual dress
· Location in Ravenswood – close to Brown Line and Metra
Why Optimal Freight?
Optimal Fright is a leading third party logistics provider and the non-asset arm of Transport America. We focus on exceptional service, achieved through identifying and exceeding the expectations of our customers. We offer solutions and support for our customers by leveraging our network of carrier partners and utilizing exclusive access to our assets through Transport America
Our logistics team handles all modes of transportation including truckload (van/flatbed/reefer), partials, intermodal, LTL and specialized freight anywhere inbound or outbound throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
Now is the time to shape the career you’ve always dreamed of! Interested? We would like to hear from you!
Our logistics team handles all modes of transportation including truckload (van/flatbed/reefer), partials, intermodal, warehousing, and specialized freight anywhere inbound or outbound throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Whether you are a shipper looking for capacity or a carrier looking for a load, our team of talented transportation professionals has the solution you are looking for. Transport America Logistics, your one stop shop for transportation solutions!
Risk Manager -Insurance Carrier
COMPENSATON: Salary range: 83K -93K with a Full Benefit package
This professional liability/medical malpractice insurance company located in the Shreveport, LA area has an opportunity for Licensed RN who is very experienced and knowledgeable in Risk Management and is an analytical thinker!
As the RN Risk Manager you must be able to perform the following duties:
- Identify, analyze the Risk Management Plan in order to reduce risk for this company and its insureds.
- Conduct review and analyze medical malpractice claims for insureds in assigned territory
- Conduct assessment for assigned individual and group medical practices and healthcare facilities providing insureds with loss prevention and loss control interventions that are consistent with RM principles.
- Provide RM consultation to assigned physician practices including large physician groups and healthcare facilities
- Consult with individual, group medical practices and healthcare facilities,
- Develop and present live and on line RM education seminars for physician practices including physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nursing staff and medical office staff.
- Bachelors or associate degree in nursing
- Current License in nursing
- 3-5 years’ experience in the Risk Management or quality improvement or other healthcare related field
- 4-6 years’ experience in nursing
- Formal presentation skills to small and large audiences
- Experience dealing with physicians and/or other healthcare professionals
- Experience with data analysis
Logistics Manager/Ltl Carrier
Shipping and Receiving Clerk:
Express Employment Professionals is seeking fulltime shipping and receiving clerk. We are looking for experienced shipping and receiving clerk to work with associates and clients and office staff for a local company.
Verify and keep records on incoming and outgoing shipments.
Prepare items for shipment.
Report damaged products and quantity discrepancies to the Warehouse Manager.
Maintain counts on stock items and updating stock as needed.
Work late and return again early for inventory once a month.
Communicate with Customer Service and Accounting.
Communicate with drivers and outside carriers.
What we look for:
Excellent phone manners required
Ability to work under time constraints and meet schedules; at times with unexpected deadlines
Analytical and problem-solving skills
Ability to multi task; interacting with clients and all internal customers or associates, at times simultaneously
LTL Carrier experience is a must
Strong organizational and communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office software
Apply online or at our office:
At Express, we can help you find the type of job that is a perfect fit for your needs and abilities. Katie can serve as your contact for this position, as well as, many others in our area.
We are located at:
1140 Oliver Rd
Monroe, LA 71201
Do you need more information about this job?
Contact Katie our Staffing Consultant at (318) 537-9399, or by email jobs.MonroeLA@expresspros.com. Please add Logistics Position to the subject line of your email.
Express will work with you to find the right job for your skills and experience.
At Express Pros, we have full-time, part-time, and temporary positions available.
You will never pay a fee for our services and support.
Express Employment Professionals is one of the leading staffing companies in North America, Louisiana, and Monroe.
Express Pros has helped strong people like you build their career since 1983.
Globally, Express employs more than 500,000 people across North America in over 750 franchise locations worldwide.
Take the first step toward new career success by applying with Express today. We are ready to help you take the next step in your career.
Go to www.expressprosmonroe.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Express Employment Professionals puts people to work. The company employed a record 500,002 people in 2015. Our long-term goal is to put a million people to work annually. Founded in 1983, Express has more than 760 franchise locations worldwide.
To professionally market and provide quality human resource solutions through an international franchising network that profit our associates, customers, franchisees, corporate staff, stockholders and communities in which we conduct business.
To help as many people as possible find good jobs by helping as many clients as possible find good people.
Express has put more than 6 million people to work worldwide.
Carrier Transport Refrigeration Technician (Diesel Mechanic)
mechanic service generators dealer mtu Founded in 1957, Interstate was one of the
world's first Detroit
Diesel Engine distributors. Our early focus was product service and
support, and our service offerings remain one of the cornerstones
of our business. For over 50 years, we have excelled at providing
solutions and adding value for our customers.
Employing over 600 technicians Interstate Companies, Inc
provides services to a wide range of industries. As is our mission
and our promise to our customers, we strive to provide
Service. We do this by providing
our technicians with the factory training they need to accomplish
and sustain the highest efficiency possible.
Interstate PowerSystems is a distributor for Detroit Diesel
Engines, Allison Transmissions, MTU-Engines, Carrier Transport
Refrigeration, MTU Onsite Energy Generators, and Deutz Engines and
Generators. We have been a market leader in the service industry
for over 50 years, and we have excelled at providing solutions and
adding value for our customers.
Growth is a critical component of our business plan, and we are
currently looking for a Carrier Transport Refrigeration
Technician to help us in that growth.
Responsible for troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of
Carrier and Thermo King Refrigeration units
Diagnose, repair, adjust, and modify all components
Positive interface with service writers, foreman, parts
department and customers
Keep paper work updated and handed in upon completion
Meet requirements for certifications
Communicate effectively with customers
Work safely and follow company safety standards
Maintain shop to a high standard of cleanliness
High School Diploma or equivalent (Technical degree or
certification a plus)
A minimum of 1-2 years'
experience working with refrigeration units
Must have your own set of general tools
Ability to work with diagnostic computers for troubleshooting
Use computers for web based training and work order system
Must be physically able to lift and work with no
Must have a clean driving record, and be able to pass a DOT
Ideal Candidate will possess the following qualities:
Positive attitude and the ability to set goals and accomplish
The desire to take advantage of certification opportunities to
have the most updated product training
Solid written and verbal communication skills
Mechanical and HVAC experience
EPA Certification with refrigerant a plus
Ability to work independently in a field service environment,
while displaying a professional and confident relationship with the
Continuing certification training
Generous benefits including insurance options, vacation,
holiday and sick pay, 401(k) with employer match
Please note this job description
is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the
employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may
change at any time with or without notice.
I-State is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage all
qualified and interested persons to apply for this position by
submitting a resume for consideration.
Sr. Carrier Operations Network Engineer
at First Orion
First Orion is an industry-leading call protection and data provider, developing software and services to enable our customers to take complete control over their telecommunications, powered by world-class data and technology solutions. Our applications and in-network services provide call and text blocking, spam and robocall blocking, caller identification, directory assistance and complaint filing with regulatory agencies in US and abroad. With our help, customers have blocked over 200 million numbers and continue to file over 300,000 complaints monthly against offending callers directly to federal agencies. First Orion provides solutions to some of the largest mobile service process in the world and features leading brands in the communication industry including PrivacyStar and Accudata with offices in Washington, Arkansas, Texas and London, England.
About The Job:
This role focuses on working with First Orion's carriers and internal engineer teams on streamlining processes and handling escalated issues with our partners.
Successful candidates will be have strong telecom experience working with SIP, SMPP, and/or other telephony protocols. They will know how to interface with carrier teams and properly troubleshoot all ranges of issues from one way audio to deploying new carrier interconnects. The successful candidate will be used to a high paced telecom environment with shifting priorities and understand how to juggle a wide range of issue types.
Perform daily operational tasks on our automated Voice & Messaging platforms
Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for routine tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale
Operate the various Voice & Messaging related services that are involved in the day to day operations of our network.
Participate in design sessions for various network automation tooling and projects
Deploy and on-board our carrier partners around the globe
Participate with Engineering teams on design and architecture that involves Carrier Operations
Diagnose, Troubleshoot, resolve service issues related to VoIP and Messaging telephony platforms and applications
Participate in shared on call support rotation within Carrier Operations
Audit fraud attack vectors on the network
Study trends, and participate in scaling adjustments for capacity of components, resources and sessions
Work with Engineering & Customer Service teams to collaborate on solutions and approach for persistence issues
Develop and maintain operational process and procedure documents
Minimum 7-8 years of Technical Operational experience with service provider networks
Advanced level understanding of SIP, RTP, RTCP and related telephony protocols/standards
Proficient in SMPP and related messaging protocols/standards
Ability to perform SIP & RTP debugging and be proficient at reading and understanding traces
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong opinions on best practices for running a Telecommunications network
Strong knowledge of both SIP and SS7 (SIGTRAN)
Strong knowledge of both CS and IMS network architectures, components and protocols
Knowledge of IN related protocols (CAMEL, INAP, AIN)
Nice To Have
Experience with Session Border Controllers
Strong understanding of CNAM/CNAP
Strong understanding of cryptography and network security practices
Proficient in SQL
Advanced level understanding of SMPP and related messaging protocols/standards
At First Orion we offer a competitive salary, full benefit package including matching 401(k) and an open paid time off policy. Our work environment is energetic, focused, fun, and collaborative. We've created a special culture where trust and transparency are key and employees are empowered to make their own decisions. Our people are passionate about what we do and have an indomitable spirit to get things done. Everyone is a part of the big picture here.
First Orion VotedGreat Place to Work USwith Top Rankings in every category! Check out the full spread here:http://ow.ly/a731303vHps.
First Orion is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Apply today!
Student Employment - Carrier Dome Concessions
Concessions cashiers will sell food and beverages to Carrier Dome guests. All Concessions cashiers are required to take responsible server training each year.
Operate cash register. Must be able to proof for alcohol sales. Must be able to handle meat and dairy products.
Good customer service skills required. STUDENTS WITH FEDERAL WORKSTUDY WILL BE GIVEN FIRST PRIORITY IMPORTANT – To apply for one of the jobs listed below, please go to (copy and paste into your browser): https://syracuseuniversity.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8d0j7jP4om23jgx
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!