Carson Job Description Sample
Package Handler- Switcher PT
Auto req ID: 189817BR
Position Type: Part Time
Employee Type: Nonexempt
Responsible for the movement of trailers to and from the unload / load doors and throughout the yard. May also be responsible for the physical loading, unloading and/or sorting of packages by hand, including lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying and placing, in a safe and efficient manner.
Performs trailer switches defined as hooking and moving a parked trailer from the yard to a load/unload door or hooking and moving a trailer from a door to the yard.
Communicates with management and/or central control to coordinate trailer movements in the yard.
Documents trailer moves using the Yard Management System (where available) or switcher cards.
Performs pre- and post-trip inspections on switcher equipment.
Understands and demonstrates effective yard switching safety processes and procedures.
In addition to the above essential functions, Switchers may also be required to perform Package Handler essential functions as follows:
Utilizes "hand-to-surface" methods for all package handling.
Loads and unloads packages onto or from delivery vehicles, trailers, conveyor system carts and load gratings.
Lifts, carries, pushes and pulls packages on a continuous and repetitive basis for approximate shifts of two to four hours.
Determines the appropriate conveyor system by scanning packages, reading labels and charts, verifying numbers and memorizing information and sorts packages accordingly.
No experience required; six (6) months of experience as a package handler or switching/CDL operator experience preferred.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
Must have a valid driver's license and maintain a Department of Transportation (DOT) file.
Ability to understand and follow instruction regarding work duties and safety methods.
Ability to discern numbers and information in order to sort packages correctly.
Ability to use basic tools and equipment such as skate wheel rollers, dock carts, hand-held scanners, chutes and unloading devices.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment.
Address: 1725 Charles Willard Street
Zip Code: 90746
Domicile Location: P905
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce
Search Engine Description: Transportation Services
Warehouse & Distribution
Customer Service Representative
- Receive, process, and monitor progress of customer orders to align the overall business strategy of the facility.
- Responsible for expediting order changes and negotiating with customers.
- Responsible for expediting flow of information regarding specifications, orders, and customer requirements to manufacturing.
- Build specifications, enter orders, and prepare costs for repeat and new items consistent with plant booking system.
- Maintain the integrity of the backlog system and on-time delivery.
- Apprise customers of order status as appropriate.
- Ensure accuracy of files by maintaining up to date specification file and price changes.
- Maintain price quote system and credibility.
- Review support orders for completeness and accuracy; expedite flow of new item information.
- Handle customer complaints and solicit feedback through customer satisfaction process.
- Enhance customer relationships by maintaining specific call patterns and visiting customers.
- Communicate with the sales people on a regular basis regarding activities within their respective accounts.
- Track finished goods inventory where appropriate.
- 2 to 4 years customer service experience.
- Understanding of manufacturing capabilities, scheduling requirements, product knowledge, and truck utilization to respond to customer needs.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle telephone conversations, listening, and communicating.
- Computer experience using spreadsheets, database, and word processing software; such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Basic math skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Able to remain flexible and adapt to the situation and provide either leadership or follow instructions and work independently.
- Enthusiastic, customer focused, self-motivated, innovative and aggressive.
- BS/BA in appropriate field preferred.
- Customer service experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of the industry, their characteristics and specifications, pricing and costing practices, preferred.
Currently looking to hire a Janitor to fill a vacant role in Anaheim, CA. The ideal candidate will possess preferably janitorial or maintenance experience. Compensation: $11.00 Per Hour.
Responsibilities of the Janitor
- Gather and empty trash; empty all trash cans and replace receptacle liners as needed
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping and vacuuming.
- Service, clean or supply restrooms; sanitize and restock supplies
- Additional duties as requested by management.
- Knowledge of standard methods, practices, tools and equipment of the janitorial cleaning industry
- Ability to operate and use janitorial tools, equipment, cleaning compounds and solutions
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to perform physical activities such as lifting, walking, stooping, handling, and moving objects up to 50-70 pounds
- Availability for weekends and/or holidays may be required
www.csgcares.comhttp://jobs.csgcares.comwww.csgcares.jobsCSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/V/D.
Senior Process Engineer - DOE - Petroleum
If you are a Senior Process Engineer with experience, please read on!
We are a nationwide oil and energy company who are in need of great talent. Our goal is to lead the industry with good customer service and high standards for our work. Our rapid growth shows that we are one of the leading companies in the industry today!
What You Will Be Doing
Perform all daily routine engineering calculations
Monitor all critical parameters at the correct frequencies and discuss any problems
Experience with gathering, analyzing, interpreting, and acting on all pertinent unit operations data
Monitor data that can potentially indicate failing production targets and specs
Review impact of new feeds, chemicals, catalysts, additives on unit operation and product quality
Prepare reports on catalyst life, performance, regeneration, and requirements of units
Write necessary process process specifications for problem solving, optimization, or new projects
Provide important information to evaluate economic feasibility and assist the business development team with economic evaluations
Provide process engineering services throughout the engineering, construction, and startup of projects assigned
Participate in company network meetings and work with vendors for new advancements in relevant technology
What You Need for this Position
Petroleum Industry (5+ years)
B.S. in Chemical Engineering
Experience in Refinery technical services
Able to work with different departments regarding company goals
High level of hands on commitment
What's In It for You
Short/Long term disbility
Flex Spending Accounts
So, if you are a Senior Process Engineer with experience, please apply today!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Gourmet Coffee Attendant
Complete opening and closing duties including setting up necessary supplies and tools, cleaning all equipment and areas, locking doors, etc. Set up, stock, and maintain work areas.
Input orders into cash register system and collect payment from customer. Take orders, record in MICROS system and prepare food and coffee beverages. Ensure that appliances (e.g., coffee makers) are turned on/off at the appropriate times.
Bus coffee cart areas and tables. Clean dishes, utensils, work areas, tables and equipment throughout the day. Obtain change required for expected business level. Count bank at end of shift, complete designated cashier reports, resolve any discrepancies, drop off receipts, and secure bank.
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional. Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect. Support team to reach common goals. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e. g., small print). Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e. g., to identify defects). Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces. Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards. Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Sr. Fpga Engineer - Secret Clearance
Located in beautiful Los Angeles, CA, we're a leader in R&D for defense/countermeasures technologies within the aerospace, government, and military sectors. Our teams have been innovating for over 20 years and continuing to expand our reach.
Top Reasons to Work with Us
HUGE Growth Opportunities
Great Work/Life Balance/Autonomy
What You Will Be Doing
Secret Clearance Required
Coding of software applications/firmware to be embedded in electronic hardware and execution of firmware-hardware and software-firmware integration.
Development and documentation of detailed FPGA firmware specifications based on features, capabilities, and requirements of the user/customer.
Execution of firmware development including planning, designing, implementation, and testing/benchmarking on on-going programs.
Analysis and resolution of complex system-level software-firmware-hardware integration issues.
Implementation and documentation of firmware testing and debugging process.
Validation of firmware to meet documented performance/operational specifications and code optimization for computational efficiency.
Providing technical write-ups related to software development on bids and proposals.
What You Need for this Position
Secret Clearance Required
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
Master’s Degree is a plus.
5+ years of experience in direct hands-on developing firmware for FPGAs/SoCs (preferable Xilinx FPGA Ultrascale families) within the past 7 years preferred
Experience coding in VHDL, C, C++, and other object oriented languages
Experience with high-throughput firmware coding is a plus and signal integrity validation with Hyperlynx.
Experience with companion chipset design to microprocessor and encryption
Experience with HDL software tools such as Vivado, ISE, Quartus or Libero
Excellent communication skills verbal & written
Efficiently multi-task and commit to working under deadlines.
Experience in technical writing to produce software documentation.
What's In It for You
For your hard work, you will be rewarded with a strong compensation package that includes a competitive base salary (D.O.E), excellent medical, dental and health benefits and other cool perks.
Interviews are ongoing. Candidates with completed applications will move straight to hiring manager interviews. Incomplete applications will move through HR to complete applications.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Associate Engineer Mbse
A fast-growing Southern California high tech company specializing in advanced military/defense, homeland security, and energy solutions is seeking a highly motivated Associate Engineer (MBSE) to join its Mission Systems Division. This is an entry level opportunity for a recent systems engineering graduate with an interest in Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) approaches in aerospace and electronic products.
- Learn Model-Based System Engineering concepts and apply in an embedded system architecture
- Work with systems engineers, software engineers and hardware engineers to refine the models
- Generate model-based tests for requirements Verification and validation
- Perform automatic code generation
- Integrate legacy code with new model-based code
- Participate in, and document, system qualification tests
- Bachelor's degree in Software or Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Creative, multi-disciplinary candidates with interest in system architecture with interest in autonomy and complex airborne and ground systems.
- Experience with modern software development methods - preferred
- Familiarity with UML/SysML, and experience with Model Based Engineering approaches, methods, and techniques, as well as tools such as Simulink, Rhapsody, MagicDraw, and Enterprise Architect - preferred
Company offers professional development, career satisfaction, flexibility, and a family-friendly culture. Here is a sampling of what the company offers:
- 40 hours paid vacation upon hire
- 15 days paid vacation (accumulated throughout year one)
- 10 paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement program
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage (multiple options including HMO, PPO, and HSA)
- 401k savings plan (with employer contribution)
- Flexible Savings Accounts
- And much, much more
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
Senior Hardware Engineer
- Founded in 1985 our client has developed a unique business model of achieving both research and technology advancements, and transitioning them into commercial and defense products.
- HQ’d in Torrance, CA with 5 buildings that occupy over 100,000 square feet; housing some of the most highly advanced and unique research laboratories, as well as engineering, prototyping, development, testing, and production facilities.
- Delivered $300+ million in products to clients in various defense and commercial industries.
- Employs around 300 people, including many PhD level scientists and engineers.
- Highly innovative, small business, women-owned company.
- Employer contributed comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage at competitive rates and lower premiums.
- Employer contributed 401k savings plan
- Complimentary Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 1 week of vacation time upon hire, 15 days paid vacation, 10 paid holidays
- Company sponsored lunch and learns, team building activities, and onsite yoga classes
- Excellent work/life balance
- Support the strategic and tactical direction for strategic programs, including architecture, design, implementation, and full hardware/ software development life cycle.
- Support timely execution and successful delivery of new programs.
- Support development and communication of technical documentation.
- Provide and support technical liaison between engineering, and other non-engineering functional groups.
- Torrance, CA is ranked in the Top 25 of “Best Suburban Cities to live in Los Angeles County” (based on factors including: crime/safety, housing, diversity, nightlife/recreation, school system, and the ability to raise a family)
- Located near the Los Angeles County and Orange County border opens up an endless possibility of fun recreational activities without the hassle of a tourist community.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in a related technical field of study
- 5+ years of hardware and systems engineering experience
- High integrity with mature management and organizational skills who consistently builds effective relationships. Possess an open, honest and collaborative style.
- Experience leading organizations through change and embracing new ways of working while delivering outstanding business results
- Candidate will have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance
Electronics Assembler I
- Solder electronic components
- Perform prototype assembly per drawings and specifications.
- Perform production assembly, testing, and inspection.
- Perform board level programming and testing using automated test fixtures.
- Maintain material inventory with proper paperwork and electronic records per established AS9100 procedures.
- Perform kitting of production projects.
- Work with Purchasing and Quality Assurance groups in ensuring timely and quality work product.
- Work with local suppliers and vendors both remotely and on-site to coordinate orders and validate workmanship and part conformance.
- Provide training in soldering best practices for other employees as required.
- Also open to Electronics Assembler II level candidates.
- 1-3 years in high-tech manufacturing/production environment (5-7 years of experience for Electronics Assembler II)
- Experience with printed circuit board assembly and testing, electrical harness production, ESD control, and handling optical components are a plus.
- Good soldering skills (SMT, through-hole, and harnessing).
- Good understanding of soldering work standards (IPC-A-610/J-STD-001).
- Understanding of inventory control in an electronics production environment.
- Must be capable of following assembly procedures and drawings to perform electro-mechanical system integration, as well as follow test procedures to perform functional testing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent technical report writing skills
- Ability to commit and work under deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a challenging and engaging work environment that promotes teamwork, creativity, accountability, and professional development.
- Current IPC-A-610 or J-STD-001 certification is a plus
- High School Diploma with 1-3 years of experience in a high-tech manufacturing/production environment (Associate's Degree in Electronics required for Electronics Assembler I)
Physical Therapist Assistant (Pta) (Casual/Per Diem)
PER DIEM/PRN POSITION: Genesis Rehab Services is a leading provider of Physical, Occupational, Speech and Respiratory Therapy for older adults in skilled nursing facilities, independent and assisted living communities, CCRCs, Transitional Care Units, patients' homes, hospitals, adult day care programs and outpatient clinics throughout the US.
Genesis Rehab Services is now hiring a Physical Therapist Assistant to provide rehabilitation services in one or more of our service locations!
The Physical Therapist Assistant is responsible for providing physical therapy treatments to patients to facilitate increased independence and functioning under the supervision of a Licensed Physical Therapist
Primary Job Responsibilities:
1.Implements patient's individualized treatment plan as established by the primary Physical Therapist
2.Work with other members of the rehabilitation team to implement programs consistent with the needs and capabilities of each patient
3.Acts as an assistant to the Physical Therapist when the Physical Therapist is performing tests, evaluations and complex procedures
4.Instructs patients, families and other caregivers in the skills and techniques of the physical therapy treatment program under the supervision of the Physical Therapist
Visit our website for more information www.genesisrehab.com.
1.Must be a graduate of an accredited Physical Therapist Assistant Program certified by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
2.Must be licensed and/or eligible for licensure as required by the state of practice
3.Requires good organizational and time management skills
4.Requires good verbal and written communication skills
Position Type: Casual/Per Diem
Req ID: 286641
Center Name: Genesis Rehab Services
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!