Cashier Checker Job Description Sample
Legends Ltd. is a proud member of the Sheehan Family Companies and is the leading craft beer distributor in the state of Maryland. Our company places unparalleled value on the strong relationships we have with our customers. We maintain a fine lineup of world class products, and even more importantly, a strong team of world class people.
Legends Ltd. is currently looking to fill a Driver Checker position. We are looking for energetic individuals who possess a strong work ethic and a strong sense of responsibility to join and contribute to our team.
Objective: To ensure that drivers are checked-in efficiently and accurately.
Shift: Monday (12:00 PM – 7:30 PM) or whenever all trucks have returned
Tuesday (1:00 PM – 8:30 PM) or whenever all trucks have returned
Wednesday- Friday (3:00 PM – 11:30 PM) or whenever all trucks have returned
- Follow all receiving/warehouse SOP’s on a daily basis
- Use drivers phone to complete the load-in procedure while verifying that all product is coded correctly
- Shuttle cooperage and good product back the main warehouse nightly
- Inform night shift supervisor of cooperage counts so invoicing can be completed
- Check the cabs of all trucks for paperwork and tap handles nightly
- Breakdown all mixed pallets upon receipt to ensure accuracy
- Communicate effectively with drivers to verify proper documentation of all incoming product
- Maintain that all warehouse equipment used is clean and functioning properly
- Stack and wrap all cooperage with shrink wrap and place in it correct staging area
- Document and track cooperage levels and communicate with ICC and Supervisor
- Ensure that Legends facilities and trucks are secured on a nightly basis
- Report all breakage to ensure accurate inventory counts
- Assist ICC when needed
- Unload/Load trucks safe and efficiently
- Ensure compliance with all OSHA requirements
- Inform supervisor of equipment and supply needs
- Maintain the proper upkeep of the warehouse
- Demonstrate courteous and respectful attitude toward customers and all co-workers
- Ensure safe operation of forklifts, ride-on’s, walk-behind’s and pallet jacks at all times
- Help night shift supervisor when needed
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-2 years of experience in a warehouse environment
- Experience working an overnight shift preferred
- Experience picking orders
- Forklift Certification is Preferred
- Must be willing to work over time when necessary
- High School Diploma Required
- Walking on hard surfaces on a regular basis
- Frequent exposure to temperatures ranging from 30-100 degrees F on a seasonal basis
- Two handed lifting, handling and carrying of cases from floor to overhead levels on a frequent basis
- Two handed lifting, handling, carrying half barrels and quarter barrels from floor to 48" on an occasional basis
- Sustained squatting, kneeling, and/or bending while handling products
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate business equipment
Critical Physical Demands:
- Two handed lifting, handling, carrying cases from floor to overhead on a frequent basis
- Two handed lifting, handling carrying quarter barrels from floor to 48” on an occasional basis
- Two handed lifting, handling carrying half barrels from floor to 48” on an occasional basis
- Pushing and pulling pallets jacks with cases and/or barrels on a level surface
- Sustained squatting, kneeling, stooping and bending while moving cases and barrels
We offer excellent pay and benefits and all hourly employees are eligible for overtime after 40 hours.
- Health Benefits - $0 in-network deductible!
- Excellent retirement program
- Volunteer Program
- Birthday Off
- Competitive pay
Legends Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.
All applicants considered for these positions will have a background check, physical and pre-employment drug test.
If you are interested in this position and would like to join Legends Ltd. and our World Class Team, please apply!
Luling - Checker
Checker (11-7 & 3-10Pm)
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!