Casket Coverer Job Description Sample
Casket Delivery Driver
This position will be responsible for distributing products promptly to our customers. You will represent our company in a professional and cost effective manner aiming at increasing profitability and customer satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions
- Exceed customers delivery and professionalism expectations
- Manage and reconcile inventory -- recommend reorders
- Conduct, appearance, and overall professionalism are a must
- Inspect and prepare product prior to delivery to funeral homes within approx. 200 mile radius
- Report daily on miles driven, hours worked, customer requests and locations visited
- Must be able to load and unload product without assistance
- Be available to work a minimum of 20 hours per week
- Maintain a clean and organized warehouse
- Unload bulk product shipments
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated professionalism and courtesy while delivering to our customers
- Able to understand and execute all instructions on a customer's order
- Be able to drive the daily route safely and efficiently while making deliveries in a timely manner
- Full understanding and compliance of DOT log book/weigh scale requirements
- Must have a valid Driver License
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must be able to pass new hire drug test
- Must be able to do some overnight travel
- Must be able to lift 75+ lbs.
- Must be able to drive a stick shift
- Must be able to read maps and understand directions
- Experience with a box truck under 26,000 GVW required
EOE STATEMENT We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
In business since 1939, Thacker Caskets has grown to become the largest family owned Casket Company in the United States and the third largest casket company in the United States. Professional, aggressive and growth oriented in nature, Thacker is seeking an ambitious, self-starting Sales Consultant who enjoys selling in a business to business environment in the Central Maryland and Eastern Shore regions.
The successful Sales Consultant will create opportunities within the territory by:
- Effectively routes territory, plans sales calls and follows through
- Prospects for new funeral home business while growing existing base
- Approaches new opportunities with a goal oriented stance
- Teaches merchandising concepts to new and existing funeral home customers
- Develop and foster relationships with customers – A MUST!
The Thacker organization is competitive and growth oriented. Those individuals with an outstanding work ethic, endless ambition, and a go-getter attitude will thrive at Thacker Caskets.
The following are the benefits that Thacker Caskets offers to its employees:
- 401K Plan with 4% Company Match
- Health Insurance
- Competitive PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Competitive compensation package including salary with bonus program in addition to sales competitions
- Expense account
- Company Fuel card
- Company issued iPad
- Bonus program that pays monthly!!!
Characteristics of a successful Thacker Sales Consultant include:
- Consultative Selling
- Strategic Thinking
- Outside Sales/Road Warrior
- Sales Management
- Account Planning & Management
- Sales Presentations
- Customer Engagement / Relationship Building
- Exceeding Quotas
- Social Media Savvy
- Proficient Computer/Mobile Device Skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products and mobile productivity apps
In applying for our position, please attach your cover letter and resume.
For more information about Thacker Caskets, please visit our webpage at www.thackercaskets.com
Keeping true to their founding principals, Thacker aims to provide an honest product at an honest price. Thacker Casket Manufacturing, located in Florence, Alabama, employs approximately 200 Alabama and Tennessee workers who carefully craft Thacker's metal casket line. The manufacturing division of the company has allowed Thacker to bring innovative products to the market that are right for today's constantly changing business landscape.
Thacker is a true family business that embodies the same ideals of many of its family owned and operated customers. An esteemed manufacturing division, sales staff, and customer service team support the three generations of Thacker's who currently work for the business. Thacker's rich history serving the funeral industry and expert sales staff create an easy customer experience.
Funeral Director Or Funeral Service Licensee
We are located in Clyde, NC.
Principle Responsibilities Include
Plan, schedule, or coordinate funerals, burials, or cremations, arranging details such as floral delivery or the time and place of services.
Consult with families or friends of the deceased to arrange funeral details, such as obituary notice wording, casket selection, or plans for services.
Order caskets and vaults in a timely fashion as needed for services.
Contact cemeteries to schedule the opening and closing of graves.
Participate in community activities for funeral home promotion or other purposes.
Oversee the preparation and care of the remains of people who have died.
Arrange for clergy members to perform needed services.
Provide or arrange transportation between sites for the remains, mourners, pallbearers, clergy, or flowers.
Obtain information needed to complete legal documents, such as death certificates or burial permits.
Arrange for pallbearers or inform pallbearers or honorary groups of their duties.
Discuss and negotiate prearranged funerals with clients.
Conform to laws of health and sanitation and ensure that legal requirements concerning embalming are met.
Must have completed 2-year mortuary program
Must have a valid driver’s license
Must be able to lift a minimum of 75lbs of dead weight
Compassionate, eager, and professional
Must have current funeral director and or embalmer license (acquire NC license if licensed elsewhere)
Funeral Director And Embalmer (17020)
Holders Funeral Home has partnered with Gorman Recruiting to fill a position for a Funeral Director/Embalmer in Owensville, IN. The Funeral Director/Embalmer will offer counsel and comfort to bereaved families and friends, and consult with them to arrange funeral details. This position will be on call every other day and every other weekend, with on-call time considered as paid time.
Holders Funeral Home is committed to providing superior services at fair and respectful prices, striving to serve families with love, compassion, professionalism and sincere hearts. These principles, which were established over a century ago, remain a driving force in their continued pursuit to providing a personalized and dignified service.
Principle Responsibilities Include
· Plan, schedule, or coordinate funerals, burials, or cremations, arranging details such as floral delivery or the time and place of services.
· Consult with families or friends of the deceased to arrange funeral details, such as obituary notice wording, casket selection, or plans for services.
· Contact cemeteries to schedule the opening and closing of graves.
· Participate in community activities for funeral home promotion or other purposes.
· Oversee the preparation and care of the remains of people who have died.
· Arrange for clergy members to perform needed services.
· Provide or arrange transportation between sites for the remains, mourners, pallbearers, clergy, or flowers.
· Obtain information needed to complete legal documents, such as death certificates or burial permits.
· Arrange for pallbearers or inform pallbearers or honorary groups of their duties.
· Discuss and negotiate prearranged funerals with clients.
· Perform embalming duties as necessary.
· Maintain financial records, order merchandise, or prepare accounts.
· Conform to laws of health and sanitation and ensure that legal requirements concerning embalming are met.
· Must have completed 2 year mortuary program
· Compassionate, eager, and professional
· Must have current funeral director and embalmer license (acquire IN license if licensed elsewhere)
· Salary plus benefits
Gorman Recruiting offers hiring solutions to meet the professional and skilled staffing needs of clients in a wide range of industries. Specializing in a variety of HR solutions, Gorman Recruiting provides professional recruiting services, custom staffing, employee leasing, and other staffing solutions. With years of experience in personnel management, training, and consulting, Gorman Recruiting works with companies by accessing their individual needs to find the best professionals, and selecting candidates to meet the unique requirements of each organization.
Final Expense Agent
Legacy Assurance Final Expense Sales System
Legacy Assurance is a game changer in the Final Expense market.
Now you can truthfully tell your client that you could help them secure a high quality 18-guage steel casket today for $1500, a burial vault for $750 and a granite marker for $500.
These prices are LOCKED IN FOR LIFE.
Best of all with a policy with Senior Life Insurance Company the cost will be covered at the time of need so the family does not have to pay out of pocket.
Senior Life offers:
Whole life plans for ages 0-85
Term life plans for ages 20-85
A great leads program with TV, Yellow Page, Direct Mail and more, exclusive to the agent
Simple one page applications with NO MIB, RX, or APS
Charge backs are not deducted from your daily advances.
Renewals for the life of the policy.
Stock ownership to build equity.
Health benefits for you and your family.
Our total package system will help in building your business. As a Regional Vice President and a shareholder of our company, we can set up a confidential discussion in regards to putting together an Opportunity in your area.
We are looking for someone who has a Chauffeurs license. The job includes delivering concrete burial vaults to local cemeteries. Servicing funerals (setting vault, setting up device, greens and tent. Lowering casket into vault. Sealing the vault). As well as working in our production area when needed.
Sales Professional In The Funeral Profession
Description We are a searching for a results-driven individual to join us in our successful family business. We serve funeral homes by manufacturing concrete burial vaults and delivering them with first class service and offer a variety of other products and services, including caskets and cremation products.
If you have a proven record of developing solid sales relationships, maintaining the highest ethical standards and are a motivated self-starter, we want to meet you. You will cover the northern third of the state of Indiana and a few counties in southern Michigan, so regular overnight travel and relocating are not required. Some of the responsibilities include acquiring new customers and helping our existing customers with training and merchandising.
You should also be comfortable giving presentations to groups. For additional information on what we do, please visit www.akronconcreteproducts.com. Salary, bonuses, cell phone, health insurance, life insurance, 401K matching and expense-reimbursement are available for the right person.
Please email cover letter and resume. Primary Duties Significantly grow current casket sales Product training and support Develop and maintain relationships with current and potential clients Requirements Candidates must demonstrate previous sales experience with commission-based sales being a plus. An individual with a positive attitude and a clear ability to appropriately interact with customers who puts an emphasis on customer service is necessary. Proficient in Microsoft Office 2 years sales experience Time management skills High school diploma Valid driver’s license Some public speaking experience Ability to pass a drug screen
We are looking for an experienced floral designer with at least 5 years experience. No educational requirement.
Someone that has designed casket pieces, easels, corsages etc. Salary depends upon experience.
FUNERAL DIRECTOR/EMBALMER MIAMI LAKES, FL StoneMor Partners L.P. is conducting a search for a full-time Funeral Director/Embalmer to join Vista Funeral Home. We offer a competitive benefits package, including: Medical, Dental, 401k, Life, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement & more. Click here for more information. StoneMor Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Meets with clients to make funeral arrangements, explains service options, assists in casket selection, provides pricing information, and prepares standardized contracts for services.
Performs technical and cosmological embalming services.
Finalizes details discussed during arrangement conferences with with approprioate tracking & compliance documents.
Directs funeral services and visitation, including greeting family members, opening parlor, coordinating and instructing pallbearers, greeting and escorting clergy to chapel. May assist with funerals while not acting as primary director or act as hearse or limousine driver when needed.
Prepares or coordinates preparation and issuance of permits and documents associated with funerals and embalming. This includes death certificate, permits from coroner, writing embalming case study and others as required.
Removes and transports deceased from home or hospital to funeral home.
Maintains cleanliness of preparation room and equipment.
Performs all other related functions as assigned. Education and/or Experience: + 1 year of experience as a licensed funeral director and 2 years of post-secondary education.
Must be a licensed funeral director and embalmer or the ability to obtain a state license.
Requires graduation from an accredited school of embalming or mortuary science. Required
Requires a relatively high degree of concentration and attention for a continuous period of time.
Requires occasional standing/walking and frequent lifting or pushing.
Must possess valid state driver's license.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Ability to interact and collaborate effectively with others in a team atmosphere. ID: 2017-4747 External Company Name: StoneMor Partners LP External Company URL: www.stonemor.com
Technician Assistant - Batesville, IN (Temporary)
Title:TechnicianAssistantLocation: Batesville, IN GarageStatus:
TemporaryOpenings: 2Our Core ValuesBatesville Casket is a nationally recognized, award winning manufacturing organization. We attribute this success to the people we employ and to the values which are engrained as part of our culture. These values include the following:
We are a high performance, lean organization which is known for its leadership excellence.We are focused on employing the principles of continuous improvement in all facets of our business.We have a long history of developing talent and valuing our people's diversity.We are demanding yet compassionate, treating our associates with dignity and respect.We communicate openly and honestly with our associates, believing they have a right to know how their business is performing and conducting itself.We have a highly engaged workforce that helps make Batesville Casket a great place to work.We are the market leader with a focus on serving our customers effectively and profitably, enabling us to continually grow shareholder value.We recognize who we are, what we do and how we do it matters to our people, our customers and our shareholders. Essential Duties and Responsibilities Perform light duty mechanical repairs
Install shelving and decals to new trailers.Remove shelving from old trailers.Use cutting torch, drill, grinder, and other mechanical tools needed to perform duties.Perform all house cleaning duties.Other duties as assigned. VEVRAA Federal ContractorRequest Priority Protected Veteran ReferralsEOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!