Casket Coverer Job Description Sample
GCSI, LLC is seeking a Commercial Carpenter / Wall Coverer to join the team!
GCSI, LLC is a dynamic Commercial Subcontractor Company based in Farmingdale. We specialize in the installation of wall covering and wall protection products which includes handrails, corner guards, crash rail, wall cover sheets etc. For most Carpenters this is a dream job installing finishing products in mostly climate controlled environments.
We pride ourselves in providing quality services and work with some of the biggest General Contractors and Hospitals on Long Island.You must meet the basic requirements for this position (see below), but training in the installation of our specialty products will be provided.
If you meet the requirements and want to apply for this job please fax your resume to 1-866-348-6863 OR reply via email to this post.
To apply please submit your resume to this post or fax to 1-866-348-6863
Responsibilities and Duties
Duties include, but aren't limited to:
Working as part of a team to receive, pre-assemble, deliver and install wall covering and wall protection products.
Qualifications and Skills
· A Minimum of 3 years work experience as either a Carpenter or a Commercial Painter-Paper Hanger
· Own Basic Tools
· Although not required the ability to read blue prints is beneficial
· Detail Orientated
· Highly motivated
· Quick Learne
Looking to hire drivers part time and full time. Delivery experience is required. CDL not required but would be an advantage and first to have opportunity at the job. Traveling from home terminal Spindale NC to a 75-500 mile radius. Covering all the surrounding states and some. Opportunity to have 30-70 hours depending on how hard you want to work. Pay will depend on license and experience. 10-14$ a hour starting pay.
356 Daniel rd
Tel: (828) 286-4796
Must get application on site. No online applications.
Production Associate (2Nd Shift) - Batesville, IN
Production Associate (2nd Shift)Our Core ValuesBatesville Casket is a nationally recognized, award winning manufacturing organization. We attribute this success to the people we employ and to the values which are engrained as part of our culture.
These values include the following: We are a high performance, lean organization which is known for its leadership excellence.We are focused on employing the principles of continuous improvement in all facets of our business.We have a long history of developing talent and valuing our people's diversity.We are demanding yet compassionate, treating our associates with dignity and respect.We communicate openly and honestly with our associates, believing they have a right to know how their business is performing and conducting itself.We have a highly engaged workforce that helps make Batesville Casket a great place to work.We are the market leader with a focus on serving our customers effectively and profitably, enabling us to continually grow shareholder value.We recognize who we are, what we do and how we do it matters to our people, our customers and our shareholders. We are currently looking for temporaryhourly productionassociates at our Batesville, IN facility.
This position may provide future opportunity for considerationof full-time employment.Essential Duties and Responsibilities Build and assemble caskets according to safety and quality standards.Communicate effectively.Be a team player who can work independently.Other duties may be assigned Note: We will havea limited number ofpositions available over the next few months. We will constantly be reviewing applications and resumes and contacting those qualified when positions that match the listed skill set becomes available.VEVRAA Federal ContractorRequest Priority Protected Veteran ReferralsEOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The primary focus of the Funeral Home Planner is to build rapport with clients while providing efficient and excellent customer service. The Funeral Home Planner is one of the main points of contact that is primarily responsible for providing detailed and accurate information about the different types of services available. Furthermore, this position is responsible for promoting the uniqueness of the services, retention of families, and presentation of services. In addition, this position supports the Funeral Home Manager and may assist in administrative and collections support, processing of at-need contracts and state mandated documents, and other data entry duties as necessary.
· Directly assists clients/families (walk-ins or over the phone) by providing adequate description or option of services, pricing, merchandise, programs, schedules, memorial items and all related funeral service costs or processes.
· Identify the needs of the families and guide them in planning and choosing the right service and merchandise for their loved one.
· Interact and be attentive to clients/families funeral arrangement needs and requests; seek to establish comfort and understanding in a professional manner.
· Appropriately answer phone calls, gather and document necessary information from clients according to company protocol.
· Engage clients/families and promote on-site visits or a facility tour, and introduce participating staff.
· Ensures that the coordination of services and details of the funeral arrangements are met with the best quality of customer service and in a timely manner.
· Processes at-need contracts and required legal forms accurately and thoroughly.
· Composes personalized memorabilia, such as pictures, music, mementos for funeral services, memorial DVD’s, prayer cards, memorial folders, candles, and books.
· Ensure proper video streaming, if any, or music is conducted during funeral services.
· Extend quality of care by accompanying or meeting with the family at church or cemetery as needed.
· Prepare and organize arrangement room with proper forms, casket booklets, and other tools necessary for completion of arrangement packet.
· Responsible for providing Death Certificate (DC) to family, offer Legal Forms Program (social security, life insurance, and other benefits), inform family of annual memorial service, and grieving program for all at-need customers within two weeks after funeral services.
· Participate in memorials and grieving services; may assist in making presentations during services.
· Coordinates, prepares materials, makes presentation and sends invitations to families for memorial services (within the past 3 yrs.) and grieving program as well as confirms attendance of families.
· May act as the back-up to the Funeral Home Manager by assisting to services outside of the chapel when necessary.
· May need to assist in the prep room for preparation and/or shipment confirmation of the decedent.
· Ensure that prep room has necessary embalming supplies readily available.
· Adhere to company procedures, state and federal regulations concerning proper methods in the care of decedents.
Funeral Director And Embalmer (18001)
Miller-Scharpmire Funeral Home has partnered with Gorman Recruiting to fill a position for a Funeral Director/Embalmer in Hartford, KY. The Funeral Director/Embalmer will offer counsel and comfort to bereaved families and friends, and consult with them to arrange funeral details. This position will be on call every other day and every other weekend, with on-call time considered as paid time.
Principle Responsibilities Include
· Plan, schedule, or coordinate funerals, burials, or cremations, arranging details such as floral delivery or the time and place of services.
· Consult with families or friends of the deceased to arrange funeral details, such as obituary notice wording, casket selection, or plans for services.
· Contact cemeteries to schedule the opening and closing of graves.
· Participate in community activities for funeral home promotion or other purposes.
· Oversee the preparation and care of the remains of people who have died.
· Arrange for clergy members to perform needed services.
· Provide or arrange transportation between sites for the remains, mourners, pallbearers, clergy, or flowers.
· Obtain information needed to complete legal documents, such as death certificates or burial permits.
· Arrange for pallbearers or inform pallbearers or honorary groups of their duties.
· Discuss and negotiate prearranged funerals with clients.
· Perform embalming duties as necessary.
· Maintain financial records, order merchandise, or prepare accounts.
· Conform to laws of health and sanitation and ensure that legal requirements concerning embalming are met.
· Must have completed 2 year mortuary program
· Compassionate, eager, and professional
· Must have current funeral director and embalmer license (acquire IN license if licensed elsewhere)
· Salary, based on experience, plus benefits
Gorman Recruiting offers hiring solutions to meet the professional and skilled staffing needs of clients in a wide range of industries. Specializing in a variety of HR solutions, Gorman Recruiting provides professional recruiting services, custom staffing, employee leasing, and other staffing solutions. With years of experience in personnel management, training, and consulting, Gorman Recruiting works with companies by accessing their individual needs to find the best professionals, and selecting candidates to meet the unique requirements of each organization.
We are looking for someone who has a Chauffeurs license. The job includes delivering concrete burial vaults to local cemeteries. Servicing funerals (setting vault, setting up device, greens and tent. Lowering casket into vault. Sealing the vault). As well as working in our production area when needed.
Medical, Dental, 401k, Life, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement & more. Click here for more information. StoneMor Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer Responsibilities
Meets with clients to make funeral arrangements, explains service options, assists in casket selection, provides pricing information, and prepares standardized contracts for services. Performs technical and cosmological embalming services. Finalizes details discussed during arrangement conferences with with approprioate tracking & compliance documents.
Directs funeral services and visitation, including greeting family members, opening parlor, coordinating and instructing pallbearers, greeting and escorting clergy to chapel. May assist with funerals while not acting as primary director or act as hearse or limousine driver when needed. Prepares or coordinates preparation and issuance of permits and documents associated with funerals and embalming.
This includes death certificate, permits from coroner, writing embalming case study and others as required. Removes and transports deceased from home or hospital to funeral home. Maintains cleanliness of preparation room and equipment.
Performs all other related functions as assigned. Qualifications Education and/or Experience: 1 year of experience as a licensed funeral director and 2 years of post-secondary education. Must be a licensed funeral director and embalmer or the ability to obtain a state license.
Requires graduation from an accredited school of embalming or mortuary science.
Requires a relatively high degree of concentration and attention for a continuous period of time.
Requires occasional standing/walking and frequent lifting or pushing. Must possess valid state driver's license. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to interact and collabo SDL2017
Meets with clients to make funeral arrangements, explains service options, assists in casket selection, provides pricing information, and prepares standardized contracts for services.
Performs technical and cosmological embalming services.
Finalizes details discussed during arrangement conferences with with approprioate tracking & compliance documents.
Directs funeral services and visitation, including greeting family members, opening parlor, coordinating and instructing pallbearers, greeting and escorting clergy to chapel. May assist with funerals while not acting as primary director or act as hearse or limousine driver when needed.
Prepares or coordinates preparation and issuance of permits and documents associated with funerals and embalming. This includes death certificate, permits from coroner, writing embalming case study and others as required.
Removes and transports deceased from home or hospital to funeral home.
Maintains cleanliness of preparation room and equipment.
Performs all other related functions as assigned. Education and/or Experience: + 1 year of experience as a licensed funeral director and 2 years of post-secondary education.
Must be a licensed funeral director and embalmer or the ability to obtain a state license.
- Requires graduation from an accredited school of embalming or mortuary science.
Requires a relatively high degree of concentration and attention for a continuous period of time.
Requires occasional standing/walking and frequent lifting or pushing.
Must possess valid state driver's license.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Ability to interact and collaborate effectively with others in a team atmosphere. ID: 2017-4691 External Company Name: StoneMor Partners LP External Company URL: www.stonemor.com
Overview & Responsibilities
We currently have a part time
opening for a Driver
at Dallas Care Center
in Dallas, TX. This is the opportunity to be part of the Dignity Memorial® provider network and grow your career in the funeral, cremation and cemetery services business. For us, there is no greater responsibility than celebrating each life like no other and making a difference in the lives of people we serve.
GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITIES Drives a variety of vehicles which may include a hearse, limousine or removal vehicle. May transport clients during services or deceased person(s) to medical examiner/mortuary from place of death and from mortuary to place of funeral service and interment.
Assists casket bearers in moving deceased to place of funeral service or interment.
Inspects stocks and cleans vehicles before departing from garage to point of destination to pick up passengers.
Fuels cars as needed.
Arrives at appointed destination on or before agreed upon time.
Respects families by maintaining a code of confidence and limiting interaction to professional conversation.
Assists passengers in and out of limousine with special emphasis and patience given to the handicapped and elderly.
Assists with the movement of the casketed deceased and related items into and out of the visitation area, funeral home chapel, church or other place of service.
Assists in forming the funeral procession in its proper order while attending and directing traffic on funeral home and/or church parking lots.
Drives the hearse, family limousine or other vehicles in the funeral procession and/or other funeral related activities.
Assist in loading flowers into flower car and/or hearse.
May assist with arranging floral tributes in visitation area, funeral home chapel, church or other place of service.
Other driving services as needed by location
Other duties as directed by management
Requirements & Qualifications
- High School or GED equivalent
A minimum of 1 year driving experience is required. Certification/License:
Valid Driver’s License and acceptable Driving Record
Chauffer’s license as required by state laws
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Professional appearance including appropriate dress is required
Ability to follow instructions given over the phone or in person
Ability to work effectively with others
Ability to communicate politely, professionally and appropriately with passengers
Must be flexible and adaptable to changing schedules
Basic computer knowledge is helpful
Excellent customer service skills
Must be compassionate and courteous
Who we are. What we do. We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe. We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
Benefits Options: + Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match
Vacation and sick time
Tuition reimbursement + Funeral discounts, and more SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at. As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies. Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Associate Requisition IDReq.51978# of Openings1Category (Portal Searching)Operations
Critical to the job is: independent worker, interpersonal and communication skills, honesty, compassion, professionalism, organizational skills, attention to detail, following all guidance regarding the conducting of services, paperwork coordinating all facets of the services (internally and externally), keeping the family informed, business acumen, etc.
Practice the company Core Values.
Ensure Southern Cremations & Funerals is in compliance with OSHA, Federal and State Laws.
Follow all Standard Operating Procedures.
Provide complete customer satisfaction and company growth.
Make death call removals from home, residential facility, or other place of death.
Complete decedents information on vital statistic sheet; ensure decedent information is correct on all facility forms.
Comply with on-call schedule to include arrival at funeral home within 30 minutes of initial call.
Monitor the cooler log, prep room log, and cooler room whiteboard to ensure all decedents are listed and their location is correct.
Support sales of Cascading Waters Cremation Garden & Columbarium by ensuring a tour of the garden is given to each family services by SC&F.
Ensure the deceased in our care are treated with compassion, care, and dignity.
Responsible for funeral home appearance.
Follow OSHA and Safety Programs per company policy.
Inform management of all products and merchandise needed for arrangement rooms, display cases, prep room, cremation operations, cleaning and daily operations.
Maintain the casket display area.
Provide or arrange transportation between sites for the remains, mourners, pallbearers, clergy, and flowers.
Work in close contact with churches and staff to make services as seamless as possible for the families.
Plan placement of caskets at funeral sites, place and adjust lights, fixtures, and floral displays.
Oversee the preparation and care of deceased with compassion, respect, and dignity.
Close caskets and lead funeral corteges to churches or burial sites.
Comply with all Federal (FTC), State, and local laws pertinent to conducting funeral services.
Adhere to all Company policies and guidelines of conduct, professionalism, and employee responsibilities.
This is not a complete list of all tasks. It is expected you will do what is needed when it is needed to grow the business, support sales, practice the company core values and ensure customer satisfaction.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!