Caster Job Description Sample
Durex Industries is an ISO 9001 registered manufacturer of custom thermal components for any industry application that requires heat, sensing and temperature control. We have an immediate need for Casters, full-time 1st shift (Monday through Friday, 7 am -- 3:30 pm) and 2nd shift (Monday through Thursday, 3:30 pm – 2 am). Individuals hired to work 2nd shift will train on 1st shift for a minimum of four weeks. Casters are responsible for preparing and setting sand or permanent molds for Cast and/or Special Cast heater production with the use of blue prints.
· Prepare & preheat permanent/sand molds
· Prepare and preheat elements
· Install elements on molds
· Pour aluminum into permanent/sand molds
· Spray and/or pour permanent molds as instructed
· Cut risers and gates as required
· Clean, fill and maintain melting furnace
· Clean and organize work station on a daily basis
We are looking for individual who are mechanically inclined, able to work in a hot environment as well as under pressure, able to stand 8-10 hours a day and lift up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis. Individuals must be able to work 8-10 hours a day and, if necessary, 5 hours on Saturday.
Other skills include:
· High School Diploma or GED preferred
· Ability to read scales, rulers and blueprints
· Experience reading and understanding digital thermometers
· Experience using hand tools (pliers, wrenches, hammers and chisels)
· Work fairly independently or under minimal supervision of the Team Lead
· Safety/quality minded
· Good work ethic
· Organized and detail oriented
· Ability to effectively communicate to employees, supervisors and management
· Forklift experience a plus
· Takes responsibilities for own actions including the impact of own decisions on others.
Over the years, we have grown to meet each new challenge in the market through innovative product development, continuous process improvements, and a commitment to high quality standards.
Caster Operator Trainee
The 25-year-old company’s product offerings include cast nylon sheets, rods, tubular bars, rectangular bars, nylon sheaves, elevator buckets, discs, rings and custom cast components. With distributors strategically located throughout the United States and Canada, this company is available to serve a wide variety of industries and applications. We are looking for trainable people with some type of manufacturing background.
Title: Machine Operator
>Employment Type: Full Time, ALL SHIFTS AVAILABLE
Compensation: $13.00 per hour
Looking for several machine operators on all shifts. This positions runs a machine. You will also be trained on setting up and operating a variety of saw machines, routers, dowelers, planners, band and tables saws to trim product to specified sizes tolerances.
- Must know how to use a tape measure to make sure product is cut to proper length
- Machine Set up
- Operation of multiple pieces of equipment
- Monitor machine for proper operation
- Package and label product with production information.
- Assist in placing product into and pulling product from stock as needed
- Check for quality
- Prior machine operating experience
- Excellent tape measure and math skills
- Experience with mics and cals a plus but not a must.
- Able to lift at least 75 pounds
- Tow motor experience a plus, not a must
- PASS A MATH AND RULER TEST
- Background and Drug Screen prior to employment
- Must have own car (not on the bus line)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 /hour
JOB TITLE: Die Cast Set Up Technician
DEPARTMENT: Die Cast
REPORTS TO: Die Cast Supervisor
WORK SCHEDULE :1st shift :6:00 - 2:30 and 2nd shift: 2:30 - 11:00 Monday - Friday - overtime as required
FLSA STATUS: Nonexempt
PAY SCALE/SALARY RANGE: Grade 103D
JOB SUMMARY: A Die Cast Lead Man /Set up assists shift supervisor and sets machines up for production.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
percent of time duties and responsibilities
60% Set-up: install and remove dies for production, repairs, and cleaning, sampling, core changes
10% casting (fill in where needed)
10% material handling - forklift
10% furnace tending and cleaning die cast area
10% training and inspection
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (WORK EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND EDUCATION):
5-years experience operating and setting up die cast machines and associated equipment. Leadership and training skills are essentials. Ability to operate a forklift.
Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT:
Shop floor of a die cast plant
MACHINERY / EQUIPMENT USED:
Die cast machine, trim press, melt furnace, grinders, spray guns and air chisels, and automated equipment.
Supervisor- Faircrest Caster
Discover career-defining opportunities at TimkenSteel. We are a modern-day startup company with nearly 100 years of steelmaking behind us. We manufacture some of the world’s cleanest alloy steel using state-of-the-art technologies to help customers push the bounds of what’s possible. And we rely on our core values – ethics and integrity, quality, innovation and independence – to create steel products and services to solve the world’s toughest challenges. The Supervisor Faircrest Caster is responsible to lead, direct and supervise the hourly associates in the Casting area of the Faircrest Steel Plant. Coordinate the activities with Faircrest Scrap/Melt supervisors, Ingot Making Supervisors, Steelmaking reliability supervisors, Rolling Mill Supervisors, and Turn Metallurgist to ensure safety, quality, minimize cost, and optimize use of personnel and equipment. Supervisor Faircrest Caster will have the following responsibilities:
- Enforce prescribed safety procedures, practices, apparel and devices to guard against hazards and accidents.
- Directly responsible for production of current year production goal.
- Cast Bloom Quality
- Enforce procedures and operating practices to ensure compliance to metallurgical quality standards.
- Control of Costs
- Thorough investigation of any equipment damage in casting and investigation of off-quality blooms. Ensure goods, supplies and services are utilized to limit and/or reduce waste.
- Continuous Improvement
- Participate in the implementation of methods and equipment for Continuous Improvement. Participate in meetings, the generation of ideas, methods and equipment for Continuous Improvement.
- Help determine department/Crew training needs. Schedule and/or deliver training. Assist in the development of training modules.
High school diploma or equivalent required with 8+ years of supervisory, manufacturing or related experience OR * Associate's degree in business / technical major with 6+ years of supervisory, manufacturing or related experience
Ability to use a computer to type reports, issue email, and create documents.
Solid communication skills (verbal and written).
This position will require working a rotational and flexible shift; may include holidays. Preferred:
Bachelor’s Degree in technical or business with 3+ years of supervisory, manufacturing or related experience
Familiarity with working in a union environment All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Requisition ID: 11045 Posted: 11/20/2017
Die Caster Operator
This Job is Located in Eaton Rapids, Michigan
Starting rate of $17.31 top rate (with in a year) is $21.31.
Free Health/Dental- 401K with Company Match- 2 Weeks Vacation
Read below for the job description and apply for consideration.
Die Cast Operator
Within the Manufacturing Department. To efficiently and safely set-up and operate all equipment within a production cell to assure a quality product is produced within a team environment.
KEY RESULT AREAS OF THIS POSITION:
1. A safe working environment achieved and maintained.
2. Quality product manufactured.
3. Customer production schedules met.
4. Uptime targets achieved.
5. Acceptable scrap levels achieved and maintained.
6. Teamwork and communications with peers, function leaders and managers developed.
7. Cooperation and assistance with service departments in a team atmosphere.
8. Self-development and improvement achieved.
ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
1. To work in a safe, efficient, and skillful manner, promoting high quality workmanship and good housekeeping.
2. To maintain tools and cell area in a safe, proper and clean condition.
3. To set up and operate the die cast machine and related equipment in an efficient and proper manner.
4. Verify daily check sheets are complete. Verify process check sheets are complete.
5. To communicate with peers, team leaders, supervisors, etc., in an efficient and courteous manner.
6. Perform daily, weekly and monthly PM’s.
7. To monitor and control the quality and process of the parts produced.
8. To monitor and control the quality and process of the die cast machine and related equipment.
9. Make sure all racks are tagged.
10. To assist maintenance, tool room and engineering personnel in the repair and continuous improvement activities.
11. Load ingots on conveyor.
12. To work within the guidelines of the company’s rules and guidelines and to comply with MIOSHA standards.
13. To work independently with minimal supervision in a professional manner.
14. To work all shifts including weekend and the necessary overtime to meet the customer requirements.
15. Assist with other duties as assigned.
1. Must be knowledgeable in SPC or willing to learn.
2. Must be familiar with hydraulics and pneumatics or willing to learn.
3. Must be able to use precision measuring equipment or willing to learn
4. Must be able to trouble shoot when equipment or quality problems are encountered. In an independent manner.
5. Must be familiar with the operations of the PLC’s or willing to learn.
6. Posses mechanical ability and be knowledgeable in the use of hand tools.
7. Must be team-orientated.
8. Able to work any shift including the weekend and necessary overtime.
9. Willing and able to work in a hot environment for short periods.
10. Quick to learn.
11. High school diploma/equivalent or willing to obtain.
12. Ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing effectively.
Our Eaton Rapids Michigan plant began production in 1994. Annual product production is about 13,140 net metric tons and the plant is 208,000 sq. ft. (13,800 sq. m.) in size.
Free Medical and Dental Healthcare option plans
401k with company match
2 weeks vacation
13 paid holidays per year
$150/yr Safety Shoe allowance
$150/yr Vision allowance
Assemble and disassemble large equipment for steel industries.
Prepare equipment for sandblasting and paint.
Must have the ability to mechanically use cranes and other heavy equipment
Must be able to interpret customer prints to determine appropriate disassembly sequence for a variety of heavy equipment.
Must be capable of handling tasks requiring moderate to heavy physical exertion.
Must be able to stoop, bend, twist and climb up onto large equipment components while performing disassembly and assembly work.
Must have personal tools as required by the job.
Must have good safety awareness techniques
Must be able to work with solvents, grease, grime under relatively adverse physical conditions.
Requirements - High School Diploma or equivalent
At least 5 years in a manufacturing environment
At least 5 years as an assembler/disassembler
Able to wear a respirator during painting and sandblasting process
Able to operate overhead cranes and forklifts
Able to read and understand blueprints
We offer a competitive wage and an excellent benefits package
? At Kelly Services ® , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100 ™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
® As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter . Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Senior Planner Supply Chain Management Burns Harbor Planning
ArcelorMittal USA is part of ArcelorMittal, the world s leading steel and mining company. Guided by a philosophy to produce safe, sustainable steel, we are a leading supplier of quality steel products in major North American markets including automotive, construction, pipe and tube, appliance, container and machinery. ArcelorMittal USA employs more than 20,000 people at 27 operations across the United States. The company is looking to recruit and hire the best future leaders in Supply Chain Management as ArcelorMittal continues to grow. There is an immediate opportunity for a SENIOR PLANNER in our SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT Burns Harbor department. Our objective is to provide opportunities for professional growth while maintaining work-life balance. We are looking for an individual who is committed to contribute to goal achievement in a positive and proactive working environment. The SENIOR PLANNER will develop, coordinate and manage activities in the Hot Mill Scheduling and slab application function that drive improvement to On Time Performance and Caster efficiency. Responsibilities for the position include the following: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: * Plan daily and weekly Hot Mill schedules using weekly and daily production targets, production guidelines, and customer needs
Participate or lead process improvement projects
Apply and oversee the application of unapplied slabs
Serve as a back-up for Caster schedulers which requires occasional on-call duties
Coordinate the prioritization of slab conditioning and dimensioning
Coordinate slab yard utilization working closely with the Operations department
Maintain metrics reporting structure
Manage and coordinate scheduling system requirements
Manage and coordinate slab application system requirements
Manage hourly staff MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: * Bachelor s degree
Advanced Excel and data mining skills, specifically in Excel and Access
Good understanding of statistics and basic knowledge of data analysis PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS: * Bachelor s degree in Supply Chain Management or Operations
Production scheduling experience or experience in activities that have supported the scheduling activity
Experience in a steel manufacturing environment If a candidate needs an accommodation to complete any part of the application process due to a disability or medical condition, he or she may call 312-899-3097, or email CandidateRequest-USA@arcelormittal.com to communicate your accommodation request. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered. ArcelorMittal is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics..Employer's Job# GTYDBAZUPlease visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.
Planned Maintenance Technician / Mechanic
Our technicians work Monday through Friday and are home for dinner. They get paid for the actual time they spend working, not the time from a labor guide. All services are performed in-the-field at our client’s locations. Technicians are provided a company owned service van/truck and are dispatched from their home.
- Perform scheduled routine maintenance on material handling equipment (forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts, pallet trucks, etc.).
- Check all fluids, tires, cooling system, belts, fuel injection system, exhaust system, engine idle, battery water levels, battery cables, load and caster wheels, drive unit, contactors and switches, lights and alarms, etc.
- Inspect lift chains, lift anchors, forks, fork pins, bearings, cylinders, hydraulic hoses, steering system, etc.
- Change oil and filter, air filter, fuel filters, etc.
- Clean battery terminals
- Identify potential issues and recommend repairs as needed
- Provide courteous and professional service
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment in compliance with Company and OSHA Standards
- Experience inspecting and maintaining material handling equipment, and/or heavy equipment (preferred)
- Understanding of diagrams and schematics in order to accurately inspect and maintain equipment
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems
- Understanding of gasoline, diesel, and liquid propane fuel systems
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Must have own tools
- Clean driving record
- Stable work history (if applicable)
- Dependable, self-motivated professional
- Excellent work ethic and a POSITIVE attitude
- Ability to provide references of prior employers (if applicable)
- Company owned service vehicle, gas card, and EZPass
- Medical, Dental, and Prescription Plan.
- 401k with partial company match
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic and Supplemental life insurance policies
- Paid vacation and comp days
- Paid holidays
Eastern Lift Truck Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Mazak Lathe Operator/Programmer
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To set up and operate engine lathe and accessories to perform a variety of operations on rolls, other parts and work as directed or specified to meet quality assurance requirements utilizing the full scope of the individual's qualifications ensuring compliance with customer requirements and company policies.iMazak Lathe Programming / Operating SkillsiWork from drawings, sketches, and instructions from supervision.iImprovise set ups, determine sequence of operations and tooling, and grind form single point tools.iUtilize material handling equipment.iFinish turn continuous caster equipment; bore; turn contours and tapers; chase internal, external, right or left hand threads to close tolerance and finish requirements.iPerform minor maintenance repairs on equipment.iKeep work area, tools and equipment clean and orderly.iUtilize crane and material handling equipment.iBe a safety minded worker who is drug free, dependable, and able to maintain an excellent attendance record.Other
Use precision measuring tools.
Follow instructions and establish procedures. Record measurements, record pertinent information as required. High school diploma or GED preferred. Valid Driver's License Required
Technical Expectations: Major responsibilities include usage of mechanical, electrical and pneumatic tools for machine repair.
Operate and perform maintenance activities on lead casting, rolling, coiling, and stamping machines. Must have ability to operate equipment to company standards through the use of digital Machine Interface Units (MIU’s). Repair and maintain machines by following autonomous Perform Level 1 Preventative Maintenance (PM) activities such as: Clean, Grease, Lubricate, Paint, Match Mark, etc.
Assist in PM activities for Level 2 and Level 3. Must have good analytical skills to diagnose problems and make fast decisions about the most suitable repairs. Perform Lock-Out/Tag-Out and follow the required electrical procedures.
In this job you will be working with Lead and using a large Pot and Caster as well as a Mill and Punch Press. Primary Expectations: Maintain a safe environment at all times by adhering to employee safety guidelines, 5S, and plant visual standards.
This position requires diversified and skilled work using a high degree of independence. Responsible for challenge and testing of all automated assembly equipment. Must be able to operate powered industrial equipment such as: walkies, forklifts, etc.
Eliminate production of defective parts and products, follow escalation plan for deviations outside control limits. Track, record, analyze, and prepare materials to present performance results at daily, weekly and periodic meetings. Track department’s raw material waste and production inefficiencies.
Utilize and understand SPC technology to drive line efficiencies, reduce scrap and improve capabilities. Ensure conformance to specifications. Support installation of machine die changes.
Inspect products for surface defects and flaws. Read specifications to determine setup and prescribed temperature and time settings. Actively participate in HPT Lean Manufacturing process improvements and cost reduction projects and activities.
Responsible for Coil Monitoring and Change-Over. Perform work order entry for all work completed, spare parts modified, or changed on every machine. Understand and have thorough knowledge of Preventative Maintenance Guidelines as they pertain to Uptime, Mean Time Between Failures, Mean Time Between Repairs, and Operational Equipment Effectiveness (OEE). Be competent at using servicing and maintenance tools and equipment, and be familiar with the different categories of lubricants and service parts.
Must have good interpersonal skills to discuss problems and solutions with Lead Mechanical Operator, Quality Partners and Supervisor. Ability to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner. Ability to work in a team environment, as well as being self-sufficient.
Additional Duties: Perform other duties as directed by supervision in all areas of the plant, office and facility. Must advance from a level “C” Maintenance Mechanic to a level “B” Maintenance Mechanic within 36-months of becoming a “C” Maintenance Mechanic in accordance with the guidelines of the company Maintenance Training Program. #external
Must have a high school diploma or GED Must be willing and able to work any shift Must be willing to work Saturday and Sunday Must take a written assessment of mechanical and electrical aptitude Overtime is mandatory and is a condition of employment #external
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!