Caster Job Description Sample
Looking for a job with promising career?
Well we have a job that involves quality inspection and sanding/trimming material.
It is a dusty climate but with great benefits, such as making up to 20 dollars per a hour in your first year.
If you have questions or would like to be the first in line for this great opportunity please call us at 920-459-8868.
You are a person with unique skills, experience and education. When you want to be heard and when you want to be matched with great career opportunities that are right for you, you can count on SEEK Careers/Staffing, Inc. Since 1971, our professional staffing consultants have been Servicing Your Success®. You’ll find that the process is thorough and that your experience is personalized.
SEEK Careers/Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, genetic, military status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Durex Industries is an ISO 9001 registered manufacturer of custom thermal components for any industry application that requires heat, sensing and temperature control. We have an immediate need for Casters, full-time 1st shift (Monday through Friday, 7 am -- 3:30 pm) and 2nd shift (Monday through Thursday, 3:30 pm – 2 am). Individuals hired to work 2nd shift will train on 1st shift for a minimum of four weeks. Casters are responsible for preparing and setting sand or permanent molds for Cast and/or Special Cast heater production with the use of blue prints.
· Prepare & preheat permanent/sand molds
· Prepare and preheat elements
· Install elements on molds
· Pour aluminum into permanent/sand molds
· Spray and/or pour permanent molds as instructed
· Cut risers and gates as required
· Clean, fill and maintain melting furnace
· Clean and organize work station on a daily basis
We are looking for individual who are mechanically inclined, able to work in a hot environment as well as under pressure, able to stand 8-10 hours a day and lift up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis. Individuals must be able to work 8-10 hours a day and, if necessary, 5 hours on Saturday.
Other skills include:
· High School Diploma or GED preferred
· Ability to read scales, rulers and blueprints
· Experience reading and understanding digital thermometers
· Experience using hand tools (pliers, wrenches, hammers and chisels)
· Work fairly independently or under minimal supervision of the Team Lead
· Safety/quality minded
· Good work ethic
· Organized and detail oriented
· Ability to effectively communicate to employees, supervisors and management
· Forklift experience a plus
· Takes responsibilities for own actions including the impact of own decisions on others.
Over the years, we have grown to meet each new challenge in the market through innovative product development, continuous process improvements, and a commitment to high quality standards.
PMX Industries is the leading supplier of high quality copper and copper alloys in North America. Since our founding, we have been committed to continually improving our safety and environmental performance through ongoing training and new technology. Safety is a top priority. PMX employees also have an active recycling program of metals, cardboard, plastic, and paper. We believe there are direct links between worker safety, quality systems, environmental performance, and economic success. Business is conducted in accordance with company policies which are based on respect and accountability. PMX has earned a reputation for integrity and consistently meeting high standards. We support our communities and strive to be good neighbors. We know that business success begins with our employees! We go far beyond simple compliance with federal and state regulations. We are dedicated to creating value for all that we serve. Caster: Responsible for all operations of furnaces, including regulation of energy to melt and cast metal, observe color and fluidity of molten bath, and appearance of metal. Foundry environment working with hot molten metal and hot materials, high voltage, radiation, heavy equipment, pressurized systems, various gases, and high (100 ft.) locations in certain areas, congested areas or confined space. Able to lift up to 100 lbs. The ideal candidate would have good mechanical and general aptitude, the ability to learn quickly, operate heavy industrial equipment. Perform minor maintenance on equipment if needed. Equivalent trade school experience and/or a minimum of one-year heavy industrial machine experience a plus. Forklift experience is helpful. Must be a team player. This is a 12 hour night shift. Starting wage $18.27 an hour. Education:
High School or equivalent
- Two - four years warehouse experience or trade school experience and/or a minimum of one-year heavy industrial machine operation experience. Skill
Must be able to work with others in a professional manner.
Must be accurate when inspecting or weighing material for loading or unloading.
Understanding and ability to apply basic operating principles and techniques to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
Familiarity with computer based tracking systems,
Must be able to communicate in English for all business / job related transactions. Benefits include: + 401(k) plan
Dependent Must be able to pass a pre-employment screening. Click the apply button above to be considered for this exciting opportunity.
Supervisor- Faircrest Caster
Discover career-defining opportunities at TimkenSteel. We are a modern-day startup company with nearly 100 years of steelmaking behind us. We manufacture some of the world’s cleanest alloy steel using state-of-the-art technologies to help customers push the bounds of what’s possible. And we rely on our core values – ethics and integrity, quality, innovation and independence – to create steel products and services to solve the world’s toughest challenges. The Supervisor Faircrest Caster is responsible to lead, direct and supervise the hourly associates in the Casting area of the Faircrest Steel Plant. Coordinate the activities with Faircrest Scrap/Melt supervisors, Ingot Making Supervisors, Steelmaking reliability supervisors, Rolling Mill Supervisors, and Turn Metallurgist to ensure safety, quality, minimize cost, and optimize use of personnel and equipment. Supervisor Faircrest Caster will have the following responsibilities:
- Enforce prescribed safety procedures, practices, apparel and devices to guard against hazards and accidents.
- Directly responsible for production of current year production goal.
- Cast Bloom Quality
- Enforce procedures and operating practices to ensure compliance to metallurgical quality standards.
- Control of Costs
- Thorough investigation of any equipment damage in casting and investigation of off-quality blooms. Ensure goods, supplies and services are utilized to limit and/or reduce waste.
- Continuous Improvement
- Participate in the implementation of methods and equipment for Continuous Improvement. Participate in meetings, the generation of ideas, methods and equipment for Continuous Improvement.
- Help determine department/Crew training needs. Schedule and/or deliver training. Assist in the development of training modules.
High school diploma or equivalent required with 8+ years of supervisory, manufacturing or related experience OR * Associate's degree in business / technical major with 6+ years of supervisory, manufacturing or related experience
Ability to use a computer to type reports, issue email, and create documents.
Solid communication skills (verbal and written).
This position will require working a rotational and flexible shift; may include holidays. Preferred:
Bachelor’s Degree in technical or business with 3+ years of supervisory, manufacturing or related experience
Familiarity with working in a union environment All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Requisition ID: 11045 Posted: 11/20/2017
PURPOSE: This classification covers those employees who operate ovens to fire molds and physically move red hot molds in preparation of vacuum and air melt pours in making castings. Employee works under limited supervision to melt various alloys in preparation for pouring into molds. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Follows set process control procedures. Performs both air melt and vacuum melt operations as assigned.
Regulates preheat ovens, programs pre-heat cycle, and troubleshoots oven problems.
Open oven using pick to remove hot molds, physically handle and move molds, add ceramic clips in preparation for pouring.
Cuts ingot to indicated weight and tags accordingly.
Monitors all gauges and instruments for proper functions and brings to attention of supervisor any variances.
Maintains a loading log on molds to be cast.
Cleans and maintains preheat ovens.
Pours air melt molten alloy by operating ladle. Prepares ladle for pours.
Stores all scrap in appropriate area.
Runs air melt and vacuum furnaces.
Weigh full barrels of scrap and stores in designated area.
Follows established housekeeping and safety practices to maintain the quality of the work environment.
Performs related work requiring equal or lesser skill as assigned. SEPCIAL SKILLS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must take a specialized training program to learn and understand the process and specifications.
The individual must document that he/she has completed the current departmental job qualification requirements form.
Moderate physical effort handling and positioning castings. Equivalent to frequently lifting/moving equipment. Material weighing 15-50 lb REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS:
Reports directly to the Foundry supervisor. EDUCATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Must have the ability to read, write and follow verbal and written instructions normally acquired by completing two years of high school. Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID: PCC-US.23745
Die Caster Operator
This Job is Located in Eaton Rapids, Michigan
Starting rate of $17.31 top rate (with in a year) is $21.31.
Free Health/Dental- 401K with Company Match- 2 Weeks Vacation
Read below for the job description and apply for consideration.
Die Cast Operator
Within the Manufacturing Department. To efficiently and safely set-up and operate all equipment within a production cell to assure a quality product is produced within a team environment.
KEY RESULT AREAS OF THIS POSITION:
1. A safe working environment achieved and maintained.
2. Quality product manufactured.
3. Customer production schedules met.
4. Uptime targets achieved.
5. Acceptable scrap levels achieved and maintained.
6. Teamwork and communications with peers, function leaders and managers developed.
7. Cooperation and assistance with service departments in a team atmosphere.
8. Self-development and improvement achieved.
ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
1. To work in a safe, efficient, and skillful manner, promoting high quality workmanship and good housekeeping.
2. To maintain tools and cell area in a safe, proper and clean condition.
3. To set up and operate the die cast machine and related equipment in an efficient and proper manner.
4. Verify daily check sheets are complete. Verify process check sheets are complete.
5. To communicate with peers, team leaders, supervisors, etc., in an efficient and courteous manner.
6. Perform daily, weekly and monthly PM’s.
7. To monitor and control the quality and process of the parts produced.
8. To monitor and control the quality and process of the die cast machine and related equipment.
9. Make sure all racks are tagged.
10. To assist maintenance, tool room and engineering personnel in the repair and continuous improvement activities.
11. Load ingots on conveyor.
12. To work within the guidelines of the company’s rules and guidelines and to comply with MIOSHA standards.
13. To work independently with minimal supervision in a professional manner.
14. To work all shifts including weekend and the necessary overtime to meet the customer requirements.
15. Assist with other duties as assigned.
1. Must be knowledgeable in SPC or willing to learn.
2. Must be familiar with hydraulics and pneumatics or willing to learn.
3. Must be able to use precision measuring equipment or willing to learn
4. Must be able to trouble shoot when equipment or quality problems are encountered. In an independent manner.
5. Must be familiar with the operations of the PLC’s or willing to learn.
6. Posses mechanical ability and be knowledgeable in the use of hand tools.
7. Must be team-orientated.
8. Able to work any shift including the weekend and necessary overtime.
9. Willing and able to work in a hot environment for short periods.
10. Quick to learn.
11. High school diploma/equivalent or willing to obtain.
12. Ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing effectively.
Our Eaton Rapids Michigan plant began production in 1994. Annual product production is about 13,140 net metric tons and the plant is 208,000 sq. ft. (13,800 sq. m.) in size.
Free Medical and Dental Healthcare option plans
401k with company match
2 weeks vacation
13 paid holidays per year
$150/yr Safety Shoe allowance
$150/yr Vision allowance
Metal Pourer / Caster
Metal Pourer / Caster
JOB 17-00558 Salary Range: $12.00 - $15.00 Permanent Position with Benefits. Only U.S.
Citizens or persons with a Green Card work permit may apply. Toledo, Ohio area foundry is seeking a Metal Pourer / Caster to ad molten metal to molds. Past experience with induction furnaces is needed. REQUIREMENTS High School graduate Past experience with induction furnaces as a Metal Pourer / Caster Load specified amounts of metal and flux into furnaces Pour and regulate the flow of molten metal into molds and forms to produce ingots or other castings, using ladles
Foundry Caster - Multiple Positions
NOW HIRING! ALL SHIFTS!Foundry Caster, 3rd shift $15+ Operate both air and vacuum furnaces to melt various metal alloys used in making investment castings
Maintenance Technician, 3rd shift $18+ Proficient in electro-mechanical control circuits and troubleshooting of same (480, 240, 120VAC), troubleshooting and rebuilding of hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders/motors. Performs PM's on Plant equipmentNDT Inspectors, all shifts FPI&X-Ray InspectorsMetal Finishers & Sand Blasters, all shifts Visual Inspection of castings, degreasing, grit blast and pressure testing. Operate small hand tools
Wax Dress/Assembly/Injection, all shifts Inject, Dress, or Assemble complex wax patterns using a variety of hand tools. Repetitive assembly, fast pace environment, excellent hand eye coordination.Alloy Technician, 1st shift $15+ Prepare & cut alloy, provide accurate weight of alloy for each melt. Excellent math & computer skills
Foundry Assistant, 1st shift $15+ Load & unload molds from oven, cleaning ovens, various foundry support tasks
Competitive Pay, Vacation, Paid Holidays, Medical Benefits, 401k, Basic Life & AD&D4600 East 355th St Willoughby, Ohio Applications completed on-site 8:30am to 4pm Mon-Fri Resumes emailed to ...@bescast.comEEO M/F/V/H Cleveland.com. Category: Manufacturing, Keywords: Metal Worker
Associated topics: assemble, assembler, assembly, installation, reassemble, re assemble
Planned Maintenance Technicians (Mechanics) In York, PA
Our technicians work Monday through Friday and are home for dinner. They get paid for the actual time they spend working, not the time from a labor guide. All services are performed in-the-field at our client’s locations. Technicians are provided a company owned service van/truck and are dispatched from their home.
- Perform scheduled routine maintenance on material handling equipment (forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts, pallet trucks, etc.).
- Check all fluids, tires, cooling system, belts, fuel injection system, exhaust system, engine idle, battery water levels, battery cables, load and caster wheels, drive unit, contactors and switches, lights and alarms, etc.
- Inspect lift chains, lift anchors, forks, fork pins, bearings, cylinders, hydraulic hoses, steering system, etc.
- Change oil and filter, air filter, fuel filters, etc.
- Clean battery terminals
- Identify potential issues and recommend repairs as needed
- Provide courteous and professional service
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment in compliance with Company and OSHA Standards
- Experience inspecting and maintaining material handling equipment, and/or heavy equipment (preferred)
- Understanding of diagrams and schematics in order to accurately inspect and maintain equipment
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems
- Understanding of gasoline, diesel, and liquid propane fuel systems
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Must have own tools
- Clean driving record
- Stable work history (if applicable)
- Dependable, self-motivated professional
- Excellent work ethic and a POSITIVE attitude
- Ability to provide references of prior employers (if applicable)
- Company owned service vehicle, gas card, and EZPass
- Medical, Dental, and Prescription Plan.
- 401k with partial company match
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic and Supplemental life insurance policies
- Paid vacation and comp days
- Paid holidays
Eastern Lift Truck Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
E-Commerce/Digital Marketing Coordinator
Digital Marketing Coordinator
Reports to Web Marketing Manager
Full Time Employment plus Benefits
One of the largest caster and wheel companies in the United States, is seeking a Digital Marketing Coordinator to join our web marketing team. This dedicated professional will be responsible for all aspects of our search engine marketing and pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns for online marketplaces like Amazon, eBay, and Walmart. In addition, they will be largely responsible for keyword and content development, creative execution, organic and paid optimization and targeting, and ROI analysis.
This socially savvy Digital Marketing Coordinator will also know their way around social media marketing as well, increasing brand recognition and presence by engaging directly with our customers via tools like Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube. Put it all together with a sharp, intuitive mind for how consumers use search, a can-do attitude about testing new ideas and concepts, and discipline for using data to make better decisions and you’ll have the perfect fit for our growing company.
Strategic building and daily management of our search engine marketing (SEM/PPC) campaigns to attract prospects to our online store fronts (Amazon, eBay, Walmart, Jet, etc.)
Creating, executing, and analyzing campaign performance for all PPC campaigns (Google AdWords, Amazon PPC, etc.), and manage keyword research, ad copy, and conversion tracking for our products and brand.
Remain on the leading edge of understanding emerging trends in search marketing, and develop techniques to maximize both our budget and opportunity in these areas.
Budget, maintain, manage, and track all paid and organic search marketing campaigns, and be the lead contact with any external search marketing agencies we may work with.
You’ll proofread website content for keyword optimization and make recommendations for content changes that will allow our marketplaces to perform optimally for organic search results.
Build a social media presence connecting the business with it’s consumers and peers in the industry utilizing popular and relevant social media platforms.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or related field
1 – 3 years related job experience
A strong understanding of, and experience with, online marketing, SEM/paid search advertising and/or search optimization (SEO), including hands on experience managing a PPC program.
A strong understanding of ecommerce and ecommerce web sites (Amazon, eBay, Walmart, etc.)
Experience with web analytics, specifically Google Analytics and Google Search Console
Proficiency in Word, Excel, Photoshop
Social Media savvy (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
Graphic Design and/or HTML skills a plus
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!