Casting Plug Assembler Job Description Sample
Process Engineer- Casting
SEEKING TOP TALENT TO CONNECT WITH OUR ICONIC BRAND Tiffany & Co. is one of the most legendary brands in the world today. With a history that spans back to 1837, Tiffany & Co is a jeweler and specialty retailer, whose merchandise offerings include an extensive selection of jewelry, as well as timepieces, sterling silverware, china, crystal, stationery, fragrances and accessories. Tiffany & Co. operates a manufacturing facility in Cumberland, RI where jewelry products unique to our company are crafted by a diverse workforce. Tiffany offers our employees the resources they need to be successful in an environment that recognizes and rewards creativity, innovation and dedication. We take great pride in helping each of our employees design an exciting future within our enduring tradition of excellence. At Tiffany & Co. an inspired career is life’s best accessory. The Process Engineer (PE) will work on projects requiring advanced technological analysis providing input on process design for manufacturability and assembly, Process Flow Chart creation, SOP development and Work Instruction development from New Product inception through launch and full production. The PE works in a hands-on manner to evaluate, refine and optimize existing manufacturing processes, introduce new technologies, and determine root cause/corrective action for defects/failures/deficiencies to continuously improve overall product throughput yield at reduced costs. The PE works closely with the manufacturing managers, supervisors and line workers to develop safe and effective processes for all products to increase the overall throughput yields and reduce costs. The PE will project manage corrective action problems and issues including investigation, assessment, root cause analysis, solution development, implementation and validation. Through effective process development and refinement, the PE will deliver increased product quality, reduced process/product variation and establishment of safe, controlled and sustainable manufacturing processes. Greater than 80% of the PE’s workday should be spent on the manufacturing production floor.
Lead process improvement projects that drive substantial reductions in quality failures (scrap and rework) across Internal Manufacturing. Project metrics shall include projected positive financial impact, defect reduction, and first pass yield improvement
Assess, project plan, and execute Corrective Actions Requests (CARs) focused on the elimination of root causes to ensure validated/sustainable corrective action solution and results.
Provide sustaining manufacturing support as needed to resolve day to day production issues to ensure continuous product work flow and product completion/delivery.
Provide manufacturing engineering support on projects requiring advanced technological analysis in the development/qualification/launch of new products to ensure cost effective manufacturability
Execute technologically driven solutions in order to attain fundamental process and systems improvements improving manufacturing flow, reducing manufacturing cost and/or increasing manufacturing capacity; improving first pass yield (reduction of defects, scrap, rework)
Bachelor of Science in an Engineering Discipline
Demonstrated Experience in Manufacturing Process Improvement.
Ability to analyze/solve complex engineering problems using Root Cause Analysis methods
Demonstrated Multi-Project Management ability/proficiency
Strong communication (English written, verbal and presentation skills)
Proficient Microsoft Office computer skills (specifically Project, Excel, Power Point, Word, Visio and Access)
Proficient in higher order mathematical skills including statistical analysis
+ 4+ years Process Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
Knowledge of modern jewelry manufacturing techniques and precious metal metallurgy
Working knowledge of JD Edwards or other enterprise system(s)
CAD knowledge (Autocad, Rhino, Solidworks, other) Req #: 33673 External Company Name: Tiffany & Company External Company URL: http://www.tiffany.com
Investment Casting Process Engineer (#3199Js102317)
- Specializes in castings
- Manufactures products for the aerospace industry
- AS9100 and ISO9001 certified facility located in a rural area
- Company will pay relocation for the right candidate!
- Perform process and manufacturing engineering at an investment casting facility
- Must desire to work at a fast-paced manufacturing operation
- Prior process engineering experience at an investment casting or a closely related facility is required
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering, or a closely related field, is preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
- All applications must be accompanied by a resume and contact information
- Please forward your resume to James Starre and reference job #3199JS102317
Foundry Casting Engineer
We are seeking a Foundry Casting Engineer to join our client's team! The Production Clerk will coordinate the flow of work and materials between departments as well as identify areas of improvement to increase efficiency.
- Review and approve pattern design to ensure dimensional control in accordance with drawing requirements
- Accountable for meeting committed schedules for both qualification and PTSA deliveries
- Responsible for tracking and monitoring long term capital
- Responsible for ensuring the casting process and procedures meet customer requirements
- Previous experience in production, planning, or other related fields
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in teams
- 5+ years of experience in with grating and "risering"
- Knowledge of foundry process (green sand, no-bake molding, tilt mold, core making, etc.)
Experienced Background Casting Associate
We are seeking an experienced Background Casting Associate. Responsibilities will include booking and coordinating background extras on a daily basis. Recruiting new talent. Troubleshooting on mornings of productions, replacing talent on short notice under time-sensitive conditions. Working directly with production personnel and directors to develop project casting criteria.
Metal Finisher – Rough Casting
Orchid Orthopedic Solutions, a worldwide leader in the contract design and manufacture of implants, instruments and innovative technologies for the orthopedic and cardiovascular markets is seeking an Metal Finisher within our Rough Casting department for our Oregon Operation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Perform Visual & Dimensional Inspection of castings per tech card using appropriate tools including, but not limited to; hand grinding equipment, measuring tools.
Confirm discrepancies using appropriate tools including, but not limited to calipers, pin gages, measuring instruments and surface profilometers as required.
Rework discrepancies as allowed by tech card using appropriate tools, route to salvage operations as necessary with required documentation.
Review rework and scrap castings with department lead as necessary.
Complete proper documentation as required includes, but not limited to, process routing card, salvage router, scrap tags, dimensional reports, etc.Use hand truck, pallet jack, carts and tables to safely transport product.
Maintain work area, tools and equipment in a clean and organized condition.
Detect and report faulty equipment, defective material and any unusual conditions to the department supervisor or lead. Follow designated safety rules and regulations.
Support Lean Manufacturing and EHS initiatives. Perform other duties as required or directed by the Department Supervisor or Lead
Work performed in manufacturing environment where exposure to a number of elements occurs. * 1 year experience preferred, willing to train.
Frequent lifting of materials up to 35 lbs. Infrequent lifting of materials between 35 and 50 lbs.
Requires repetitive grasping, fingering, manipulation of materials.
Requires use of foot controls.
Visual acuity equal to Jaeger #2 at not less than 12” corrected or uncorrected in at least 1 eye.
Must be eligible to work in the United States. We offer competitive salary and benefits package. Please email resume with cover letter and salary requirements to: email@example.com EOE, M/F/D/V
Location:* Oregon City OR
Animation Casting & Talent Department Assistant
Overview and Responsibilities Nickelodeon is seeking a department Assistant in the Animation Casting and Talent Department that will support the VP as well as the department. Responsibities include but are not limited to:
Assist in casting for west coast pilots and shorts.
Supportscurrent series casting department when needed.
Assist in recording requests for ancillary projects, i.e. games and promos.
Liaison to Post department for all materials needed for casting/records
Coordinate travel for casting team
Attend and records circle takes for all West Coast pilot and shorts records
Manage Department calendars
Participates in Talent Handling for west coast talent events/festivals where Nick Animation talent is needed.
Participates in Scouting for VO talent and future shorts creators Basic Qualifications
Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines, and work independently in a fast-paced environment
Self-motivated, responsible and pro-active
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong interpersonal skills to create and maintain positive and effective working relationships
Proficient to advanced user of Microsoft Office applications: PowerPoint, Word, and Excel + 1-2 years of experience in a corporate environment Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. We’re an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Viacom provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, family or parental status, age, veteran or disability status, or other protected status. BrandNickelodeon iCIMS ID2017-7061
SUMMARY: Perform duties to set up and operate department casting machinery to cast and/or cure roll stock in accordance with customer specifications, product specifications and shop orders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed. Cast and/or cure as instructed by Lead Operator and outlined on shop orders, standard operating procedures, and work instructions.
Review shop orders and process specifications to determine materials required, quantity and product dimensions, and machine set-up. Pull raw materials as requested by lead or specification requirements. General Casting Functions:
Set-up ? Align and load material roll on unwind shaft and thread material through machine according to SOP. Set-up machine parameters as required (tension, gap, pressure, etc.) Set counters and record material used and scrapped. Monitor operation for proper casting and/or curing, checking for material defect, make equipment adjustments as necessary to maintain part quality standards and notify Quality Assurance department of questionable material.
Unload roll from machine and move to appropriate area. Perform QA testing as needed (physical properties, color, gloss, etc.) Casting process requires the operation of the rewind machine as necessary to rewind cast paper, liners and special requests to inspect and slit rolls. Prepare production records and inventory tags and return excess stock to storage and enter location data into the computer system.
Clean and set-up wet-end equipment (coating head, pump and filters) as needed and monitor and make process/equipment as needed. Record and input data into the LAN database system. Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
Handling Hazardous Waste and following procedures. All hazardous and flammable material must be grounded for safety and OSHA requirements . PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS Effective written and verbal communication skills Good listening techniques Pleasant, positive attitude Team player/interact well with others Organized Time management Flexible (available for overtime as needed) Customer oriented QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimum requirements include a high school diploma or equivalent, Six months of previous manufacturing experience. LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
Ability to communicate well in English and follow work instructions. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to use basic mathematics, common fractions and decimals
Casting Production Supervisor
Title: Casting Production Supervisor
1st, 2nd, 3rd
Location: Detroit, MI
Pay: Based on experience
Seeking one Casting Production Supervisor on each shift within a manufacturing facility in Detroit, MI. The Production Supervisor will coordinate all shift operations, actively pursue safety, monitor work flow and maintain company policies. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, a results-focused attitude, problem-solving and organization skills, as well as excellent communication skills. The company will cover relocation costs for the right candidates! This is a direct hire position!
- Supervises Team Leader(s) and Production Team Associates including but not limited to planning, assigning, directing and coordinating their day-to-day activities
- Plans, assigns, directs and coordinates activities relating to shift operations, including quality, production, and employee training, scheduling and relations
- Provides training to new and transferred employees; and cross trains as necessary
- Ensures employees are consistently adhering to standardized work processes and rotation schedules
- Tracks and reports daily production; and drives improvements where necessary
- Works to improve first run capabilities by identifying repeat offender(s) and developing corrective action
- Participates and leads process improvement projects: productivity, quality, ergonomics, etc.
- Ensures all Company policies, procedures, plant standards and safety rules are consistently adhered to
- Provides feedback on work performance (i.e safety, quality, quantity, attendance, job knowledge)
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two years of supervisory experience, or a minimum of five years of Team Leader experience in an automotive manufacturing facility.
- Ability to coach and develop employees
- Ability to deal with multiple levels of people effectively, in group and individual settings
- Basic computer literacy
- Basic math and business writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop project plans and manage projects to successful completion
- Ability to learn new programs, activities and tasks
- Good oral/written communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to facilitate small group meetings
- Multi-tasking, accountability, adaptability
- Must be able to sit, squat walk, bend 8 –10 hours per day
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs or more.
- Must be able to work in different weather conditions
- Must be able to work flexible hours
Our Focus: Because manufacturing is all we do, we have the screening and testing tools
that assist us in placing you at the right position for your skills and experience.
Senior Metallurgist / Casting Expert
Ready for a change?
If you have a passion making great metal parts, but are tired of the traditional foundry job, then you may have found your perfect career match.
Dominion Metallurgical (DOM-MET), has an opening for a Senior Metallurgist and Casting Expert at its Roanoke Virginia office. This dynamic individual must inherently understand the "black magic" associated with casting a great component. He/she must have deep experience and working knowledge of metal parts manufacturing and casting processes including green sand, no bake, investment, shell, lost foam, permanent mold, and others. He/she must be a strategic thinker and a hands on problem solver.
· Work directly with customers to ensure metal components are designed for optimal manufacturability
· Assess and recommend optimal manufacturing process or metallurgical options for prototyping or small or large run production parts
· Troubleshoot part quality issues and recommend alternative or novel methodologies or techniques to achieving desired results.
· Understand the varied and balanced needs of cost competitiveness, product reliability / robustness, innovation, constraints relating to the global availability of material and manufacturing processes
· Perform audits of off-site foundries and other suppliers
· Work with and support sales and account management by providing technical expertise to the sales process
· Drive profitability through engineering solutions; development of manufacturable designs
· Ferrous and aluminum casting process and product knowledge
· Failure analysis of castings
· Experience with nondestructive examinations (Visual, Magnetic Particle, Liquid Penetrant, Radiography, and Ultrasonic testing)
· Expert knowledge in alloying materials, materials properties, high temperature superalloys, high temperature corrosion, ferrous alloys, mechanistic behaviors, and associated lab equipment.
· 10+ years working in a foundry environment
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to deal effectively with people at all levels and communicate a solution in ways that are understandable to both technical and non-technical audiences
· Bachelor’s Degree in Metallurgical or Materials Science Engineering preferred
· Highly proficient computer skills including Excel, Word, and web portal technology
Dom-Met offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, discretionary bonus potential, and a dynamic work environment. This position requires local travel. Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Established in 1992, Dominion Metallurgical (Domet) is a dedicated team of customer-focused industry professionals with extensive experience in manufacturing, materials engineering, quality assurance, logistics management and inventory control.
Domet was founded on the principles of exceptional customer service, technical capabilities and dedication to the foundry industry. These principles continue to drive our company today and are most evident in our people, who are the key to our success.
While the core competencies of our company revolve around the production and further processing of castings, we have evolved to become a solutions-oriented partner focused on helping our customers overcome virtually any manufacturing or material challenge.
WHAT WE DO
Domet specializes in the manufacturing and supply of castings, forgings, machining, injection-molded plastics and secondary value-added processes. We utilize our extensive experience to provide our customers with cost-effective and value-based solutions to meet their engineering and design needs while addressing their quality and procurement requirements.
We accomplish this by aiding our customers in all areas of production and by applying our broad range of manufacturing experience to deliver:
- Commercial Products
- Heat Treating
- Forming & Stamping
- Painting & Plating
- Turnkey Components
Investment Casting Engineer
Investment Casting Engineer
Bachelor’s Degree in engineering preferred
3-7 years or equivalent knowledge / experience
3 to 5 years of product/process development experience in investment casting of Aerospace/IGT blades, vanes and other turbine parts. experience in HPT blades and vanes or other Aerospace/IGT parts is bonus
Experienced in gating and mold assembly design using CAD software, identifying necessary tooling and developing design concepts for tools and fixtures
Experienced in working with specifications, part dimensional analysis and tolerance (ASME Y14.5)
Proficient in SolidWorks or NX
Familiar with a variety of concepts within the field
United Employment Group, Inc.
Office: 610-351-8070 x112
Industrial Ammonia Refrigeration, Concrete Products and Construction, Metals, Engineering and Plastic Industries.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!