Casting Room Operator Job Description Sample
Aluminum Casting Equipment Operator
Operates equipment, such as furnace, melting pots, die casting equipment, robots, cutting equipment which produces aluminum parts for automotive and power sports vehicles.
Must have good physical capabilities, mechanical knowledge, endurance for hot environment.
8 hour shifts 5 days per week. 6 days required frequently for some lines
High School diploma/ GED
Production Operator - Die Casting
Company Introduction Kamtek is a Tier 1, automotive manufacturing supplier that specializes in Metal Stamping and Assembly for Mercedes, Volkswagen, Kia and Nissan. As a local distributor and supplier, Kamtek’s market segmentation to Cosma International, (a division of MAGNA INTERNATIONAL) provides a “state-of-the-art” product that utilizes the most technologically advanced Pressing processes in order to maintain a competitive advantage to other OEM’s within the market. Our company’s culture of team spirit & mutual respect with a focus on fair treatment helps us to embrace our multi-cultural affiliation with Magna International, and supports our mission through process efficiency and competitive product pricing. Furthermore, the culture at Kamtek focuses on Job Security, with employees being given the opportunity for continuous training, advancement within the skill/trade, and potential for growth within our safe work environment. We offer Employee Equity and Profit Participation programs which increase our employees’ ownership within the company. Kamtek, part of Cosma International and a division of Magna International, represents the the most diversified automotive supplier in the world. We design, develop and manufacture automotive systems, assemblies, modules and components, and engineer and assemble complete vehicles, primarily for sale to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) of cars and light trucks in our three geographic segments - North America, Europe, and Rest of World (primarily Asia, South America and Africa). Our capabilities include the design, engineering, testing and manufacture of automotive interior systems; seating systems; closure systems; metal body & chassis systems; mirror systems; exterior systems; roof systems; electronic systems; powertrain systems as well as complete vehicle engineering and assembly. We have a global presence in order to support our customers on a worldwide basis, consisting of 136,000 employees in 319 manufacturing operations and 85 product development, engineering and sales centers in 29 countries on four continents as of Q2 2015 ##### Job Introduction To produce quality parts, on time, the first time to meet or exceed our customer requirements, while supporting the Magna Employee’s Charter and the policies and procedures of Kamtek.
Major Responsibilities Responsible for supporting safety
, quality, and productivity while adhering to KAMTEK’s plant standards and upholding the Magna Employee’s Charter. 1) Follow and comply with all operational/procedures/policies as stated in the employee Environmental Health and Safety programs 2) Understand and promote Magna’s philosophies (Magna’s Corporate Constitution, Operational Principles and Employee’s Charter 3) Ensure a quality product (measuring tools, part inspection and fixtures) and know the quality procedures to ensure we produce a high-quality part consistently 4) Perform basic troubleshooting and setup (understand job recipes, how to root-cause and correct basic concerns) 5) Understand casting process, automation, quality theory, die protection, and basic order of die cast operations 6) Support continuous improvement and lean manufacturing processes to aid in producing a better part for a better price 7) Maintain integrity of quality to ensure finished product meets Kamtek customer standards 8) Establish and maintain communication with other team members and support departments to continuously improve our quality as well as our efficiency every day 9) Maintain accurate paperwork/production reports to drive our concerns to corrective actions 10) Assure finished product is stored properly and dispositioned accurately to protect the customer and the shipping schedule 11) Help develop procedures and process improvements to make us better 12) Perform other duties as required
Knowledge and Education High School Diploma or GED required
6-12 months in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
Skills and Competencies SKILL
(Ability to do the job)
Ability to work in a team environment or independently to perform duties with little supervision.
Ability to communicate with team members on all shifts and possess good mathematical and organizational skills. COMMUNICATION SKILLS
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, SOPs and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to work in co-operation with others. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. REASONING ABILITY
Must have common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Work Environment Manufacturing Environment:
100% Standing, Walking, and Lifting
Physically fit and able to lift 25 - 40 pounds
Must be able to stand 8+ hours a day.
Work near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and vibrations.
Group:* Cosma International
Job Type:* Regular
Casting And Press Operator - Multiple Positions
BallBall Advanced Aluminium technologies Delivering Sustainable Solutionswww.ball.com/sustainability in Verona is seeking • Casting and Press Operators(Job 1163566)Night Shift Starting at: Press Operators starting at $15.50 per hour, Casting Operators at $16.50 per hour • Night Shift Plant Production Supervisor(Job 1191498) • Maintenance Engineering Supervisor(Job 1191547) • Electrical Maintenance Eng(Job 1175690) Come meet with a Ball recruiter:Thursday, October 26, 2017,from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m.at the
Virginia Employment Commission,Fishersville Office1076 Jefferson Hwy, Staunton, VA 24401(on Route 250 about half-way between Staunton & Waynesboro) Must be registered and active with a resume in the Virginia Workforce Connection.www.vawc.virginia.govSee Job Orders by numbers listed above Questions? Call VEC Fishersville at 540-332-7750ShenValleyJobs.com.
Keywords: Casting Operator, Location: Waynesboro, VA - 22980
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Cast and/or cure as instructed by Lead Operator and outlined on shop orders, standard operating procedures, and work instructions.
- Review shop orders and process specifications to determine materials required, quantity and product dimensions, and machine set-up.
- Pull raw materials as requested by lead or specification requirements.
- Set-up ? Align and load material roll on unwind shaft and thread material through machine according to SOP.
- Set-up machine parameters as required (tension, gap, pressure, etc.)
- Set counters and record material used and scrapped.
- Monitor operation for proper casting and/or curing, checking for material defect, make equipment adjustments as necessary to maintain part quality standards and notify Quality Assurance department of questionable material.
- Unload roll from machine and move to appropriate area.
- Perform QA testing as needed (physical properties, color, gloss, etc.)
- Casting process requires the operation of the rewind machine as necessary to rewind cast paper, liners and special requests to inspect and slit rolls.
- Prepare production records and inventory tags and return excess stock to storage and enter location data into the computer system.
- Clean and set-up wet-end equipment (coating head, pump and filters) as needed and monitor and make process/equipment as needed.
- Record and input data into the LAN database system.
- Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Handling Hazardous Waste and following procedures.
- All hazardous and flammable material must be grounded for safety and OSHA requirements .
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Good listening techniques
- Pleasant, positive attitude
- Team player/interact well with others
- Time management
- Flexible (available for overtime as needed)
- Customer oriented
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimum requirements include a high school diploma or equivalent, Six months of previous manufacturing experience.
Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing. Ability to communicate well in English and follow work instructions.
Ability to use basic mathematics, common fractions and decimals
Associated topics: cast, caster, film cast, film extra, movie extra, romance, science fiction, studio, tv actress, video
Die Casting Maintenance Tech
Seeking Die Castings Maintenance Technician
Qualified individual must have knowledge of die casting tooling and manufacturing.
- Maintain and troubleshooting of die casting
- Responsible for incoming tooling launches and tooling inventory
- Responsible for die/mold preparation and keep up with casting requirements
- Able to run all tool room equipment including measuring instruments, cranes, hi-lo (forklift) vehicles,
- Prepare and maintain the die cast spray concentration correctly on a daily basis to support casting operations
- Work with production and quality to control and trouble shoot the tooling (die cast and trim-saw fixturing) to produce high quality castings and resolve quality and/or die cast problems
- Must possess the ability to read and interpret blue prints containing geometric dimensioning and tolerances
- Assist in D.O.E’s to generate continuous improvement in manufacturing and quality of die cast product
- Report needs for corrective/preventative action to the director of process control and /or the director of quality assurance.
- Support and participate in all quality systems, Continuous Improvement and 5S functions
- Also perform other work related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and management
· Must be able to withstand hot temperatures
· Accountability and Confident
· Able to train and coach
· Ability to learn new programs, activities and tasks
· Possess basic math skills
· Visual inspection capabilities
· Good verbal and written skills
· Cutting tool experience – knowledge or experience with cutting tools, drills, taps end mills and machine tool accessories
Our Focus: Because manufacturing is all we do, we have the screening and testing tools
that assist us in placing you at the right position for your skills and experience.
Cell Specialist - Casting
Description The Technician may do pattern cleaning, slurry tank builds and slurry additions, shell de-wax and prep, loading preheat furnaces, casting finishing duties and other shell room operations as required. May be required to perform operator maintenance on various foundry equipment as well as work with maintenance personnel to repair equipment as needed. General Duties: 1. Set-up and operation of miscellaneous investment foundry related machines and equipment as outlined above. 2. Manufacture and/or tests parts according to engineering and customer standards and specifications. 3. Maintain accurate and reliable documentation. 4. Participate in establishing manufacturing methods, including machine, test, material and tooling requirements, to ensure parts are manufactured according to engineering tolerances/specifications. 5. Perform inspection and/or testing related activities to ensure that parts are produced in accordance with manufacturing standards and specifications. Inspects parts to ensure they are free of defects. 6. Provide input and recommendations for selecting, installing, and adjusting various foundry related equipment to ensure they are consistent with type and size of material being manufactured. 7. Remove burrs, sharp edges, flash, etc. from manufactured parts to ensure they are in accordance with engineering requirements. 8. Maintain proper identification of parts per planning specifications and ensures that accurate and reliable records and documentation are maintained. 9. Communicate change of shift requirements to ensure team members receive accurate and reliable information.
Requirements High School or GED with a minimum of
1 year of industrial experience. Investment Casting experience preferred and wax room (injection press and assembly) experience desirable.
Effective interaction with team members, customers and all levels of management. Reads, understands and correctly interprets manufacturing requirements.
Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs. from floor to waist. (Note – must use a lift assist or assistance from other individual(s) when lifting in excess of 50 lbs.)
Must be capable of pushing or pulling a weight of 60lbs.
Must have grip strength of at least 50 lbs. Responsible for and accountable for product safety and the quality of work, including, as a minimum, all elements defined in the Company’s Quality Policy.
U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Alien status is required. Requisition Number: 17-0212 Title: Cell Specialist - Casting
Post Date:* 10/11/2017 Shift: Second (2nd)
Experienced Background Casting Associate
We are seeking an experienced Background Casting Associate. Responsibilities will include booking and coordinating background extras on a daily basis. Recruiting new talent. Troubleshooting on mornings of productions, replacing talent on short notice under time-sensitive conditions. Working directly with production personnel and directors to develop project casting criteria.
Investment Casting Process Engineer (#3199Js102317)
- Specializes in castings
- Manufactures products for the aerospace industry
- AS9100 and ISO9001 certified facility located in a rural area
- Company will pay relocation for the right candidate!
- Perform process and manufacturing engineering at an investment casting facility
- Must desire to work at a fast-paced manufacturing operation
- Prior process engineering experience at an investment casting or a closely related facility is required
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering, or a closely related field, is preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
- All applications must be accompanied by a resume and contact information
- Please forward your resume to James Starre and reference job #3199JS102317
Foundry Casting Engineer
We are seeking a Foundry Casting Engineer to join our client's team! The Production Clerk will coordinate the flow of work and materials between departments as well as identify areas of improvement to increase efficiency.
- Review and approve pattern design to ensure dimensional control in accordance with drawing requirements
- Accountable for meeting committed schedules for both qualification and PTSA deliveries
- Responsible for tracking and monitoring long term capital
- Responsible for ensuring the casting process and procedures meet customer requirements
- Previous experience in production, planning, or other related fields
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in teams
- 5+ years of experience in with grating and "risering"
- Knowledge of foundry process (green sand, no-bake molding, tilt mold, core making, etc.)
Mettallurgical Technician - Aluminum Casting
Activity (description of the main task in short form):
The incumbent is responsible for the work and test sequences in metallography. Included are metallographic and technological component and testing of materials in accordance with the predetermination tests and includes documentation of the inspection results.
Description of the activities (listing of all substantial tasks and operational sequence, which the employee actually implements):
… is responsible for the identification, securing the traceability and the documentation of their checked material samples and parts.
… accomplishes independently all necessary testing of materials for first sample test; reports, evaluates and documents the results.
… accomplishes independently all necessary investigations for certificates of acceptance test according to standards, laws and customer specifications and evaluates and documents the results.
… accomplishes series-accompanying metallographic and mechanical-technological investigations including documentation and forwarding of the inspection results.
… is responsible for the execution of the metallographic investigations in the context of the purchases check of metal alloys and with complaints or in cases of damage.
… implements independently all necessary metallographic photo work and is responsible for the documentation and archiving.
… is responsible for forwarding information in time about determined results.
… is responsible for maintenance and servicing of the metallographic plants in the metallography and in the photographic laboratory.
… is responsible for cleanliness of the photographic and metallography laboratory.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!