Certified Nursing Assistant (Cna)
New competitive wage scale!
Nature and scope
Provides services and care for residents and patients.
Minimum eligibility requirements
* Successful completion of State-approved Nursing Assistant Certification course and in good standing with Registry.
* Must be 18 years of age or older.
* Ability to read, write and speak English.
* Ability to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, vendors and the general public.
* Be familiar with the Adult Care Home Residents' Bill of Rights and be willing to assist residents in exercising their rights.
* Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly and understand that for each resident the facility is considered the Resident's home.
* Must demonstrate the ability to work responsibly as a team member as well as an individual.
* Must be honest, ethical, fair, dependable, respect confidentiality and the rights and privacy of others.
* Must practice and promote Affinity Guidelines, Policies and Procedures, Mission Statement, values and goals.
* Maintain practice certification and required hours of Alzheimer's and related dementia-specific training per year.
* Exceptional organizational skills.
* Must meet all health requirements.
* Must pass criminal background check.
* Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities (essential job functions), with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Provides personal care and services such as:
* Assisting with activities of daily living (turning and positioning, toileting, bathing and grooming, feeding, and mobility)
* Obtains and records vital signs and weight as assigned.
* Accurately documents all care as required by company policy and in compliance with state and federal regulations.
* Provides non-resident services such as, but not limited to, washing wheelchairs and cleaning resident / patient areas in compliance with infection control procedures.
* Contributes to the resident assessment and care plan.
* Makes routine rounds on each assigned resident and patient in accordance with established procedures.
* Promptly communicates any significant changes in behavior or condition to supervisor.
* Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
Safety and Sanitation
* Monitor all exit doors, the call and alarm systems to assure prompt response.
* Understand fire watch and need to check exit doors during and after as directed to assure full closure and lock.
* Maintain the confidentiality at all times of all mag-lock code systems to assure safety of the residents.
* Promptly answer facility and common residents' telephone in a professional manner and per Affinity policy in order to meet the needs of the caller and communicate information.
* Understand and follow safety and infection control policies and procedures and readily report any breach of the safety and infection control procedures to the Supervisor In Charge.
* Respond to emergency call signals promptly.
* Report incidents to the Supervisor in Charge promptly and complete appropriate paperwork as required in a professional manner.
* Readily and directly report any verbal or physical abuse of a resident, inappropriate use of resident or facility property or lack of or inappropriate care of a resident to the Supervisor in Charge, RCM or Executive Director if necessary.
* Collect, laundry, and distribute linens, garments, etc. in accordance and as permitted by State regulations and with Affinity procedures.
* Help to properly maintain all equipment and ensure work areas are clean and safe.
* Promptly notify the Supervisor in Charge of items that need repair or present a safety risk to residents, employees or visitors.
* Assist in cleaning resident rooms, dining areas, public areas as indicated by regulations.
* Notify housekeeping of spills, soiled areas and assist with clean up as per State Regulations as needed. Assure marker is placed at spill areas until area is cleaned.
* Successfully complete Licensed Health Professional Skills Check Off and other required State or Affinity trainings.
* Attend all required stand-up meetings and in-service trainings.
* Participate and promote and encourage resident's involvement in activities.
* Follow and communicate company values, goals and policies and procedures.
* The job description provides a framework for the job; other duties may be assigned as necessary.
* Assists with cost control by using facility supplies efficiently and in a waste free manner.
* Responsible for ensuring that all employees are providing excellent service to residents, and all community visitors.
* Perform job duties for residents and with team members in a courteous and professional manner.
* Take initiative to ensure resident safety and satisfaction is a priority.
* Meet and greet visitors in a friendly, helpful manner (Visitors include anyone who visits the community; specifically, current residents' families and friends, prospective residents and their families, referral sources, vendors and regulators).
* Answer phones appropriately, according to company and Community standards.
* Ensure compliance and understanding of all regulations regarding residents' rights.
* Successfully complete Licensed Health Professional Support skills check off and other required State or Affinity training.
* Attend training and stand up meetings as directed by supervisor.
Working conditions (travel, hours, environment)
* Scheduled hours; possible overtime. May work in other positions temporarily when necessary.
* Is involved with resident, personnel, and visitors under all conditions and circumstances.
* Is subject to callback during emergency conditions (e.g., severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
* Is subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc., through the workday, as well as to reactions from dust, disinfectants, tobacco smoke, and other air contaminants.
* Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including TB and the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
* May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous chemicals.
* Medium work: ability to exert 10-35 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
* Must function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents and staff.
* Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and, at times, hostile people within the community.
OSHA category classification II:
Potential for exposure to blood borne pathogen.
POST JOBS FOR FREE