Catering Job Description Sample
Resturant Chef & Catering
We are seeking a Chef to join our team! We are considering opening a new restaurant (150 seats) as part of our 33 year business. Our building has two kitchens, one for use with a day to day restaurant and the other a large catering kitchen for off site sales. We have not developed a set menu but are partial to a Cuban style an theme. We are located in downtown Tallahassee.
- Oversee day-to-day culinary operations
- Coordinate food and kitchenware orders
- Check freshness and quality of ingredients
- Assist in the development of menu items
- Standardize recipes and plate presentations
- Work with management to create a memorable experience for guests
- Previous experience as a chef, knowledge of the culinary arts, cooking, or other related fields
- Knowledge of cost and labor systems
- Passion for food and cooking techniques
- Strong leadership qualities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Catering Specialist - La Madeleine French Bakery & Cafe
la Madeleine is seeking an experience Catering Specialist to join our winning team at our Atlanta, GA location.
la Madeleine Country French Café is home to the simple pleasures of French country life. This is the perfect place for anyone seeking a wonderful career in the food service industry.
• The ideal candidate will have experience executing catered events from the planning stage to the delivery and client follow-up stage.
• Must be a self motivator, self starter, with strong communication skills and have a passionate guest service approach to the business.
• Must be a team player and team builder who works well with others and can be hands on when necessary.
• The ideal candidate will be well versed in Food Safety and have experience in a full service, scratch kitchen environment.
- Knowledge of planning and placing food orders, general restaurant accounting and revenue handling procedures, portion planning, prep, par levels, packaging, bulk delivery, and catering equipment setup is a must.
- Our coordinator will also be the face and voice of the company in direct contact with current clients and potential future clients via phone and in-person.
- Some marketing knowledge will be beneficial.
- Management level Food Safety Certification (preferably Serv Safe) - Current
- Valid, current Driver's License is required.
If you have a passion for guest service, are a consummate professional and want to represent a great brand, a la Madeleine Catering position is for you! We would love to hear from you!
Director, Catering -Union College
Our commitment to outstanding service and consistent innovation has been the key to our success and our impressive record of growth. We currently operate in over 35 cities across 16 states serving hundreds of thousands of people every day.
To apply online: https://career8.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=134754&company=CGNA&username=
Delivers and serves food at scheduled functions under the supervision of the catering captain. Ensures the accurate execution of all events during his/her shift. May drive a catering delivery truck. Sets up and serves at functions; cleans event area during and after events; breaks down the setup and leaves the area neat and clean; returns leftover food and equipment to the catering facility in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and
- Assembles and delivers all food and supplies for catered functions to their scheduled locations.
- Logs and maintains food temperatures.
- Arranges tables and decorations.
- Arranges buffet tables with food, beverage and service items according to standards.
- Serve food and beverages to guests.
- Thoroughly cleans location after event is completed.
- Returns food and beverages, serving equipment and utensils to catering facility.
- Distributes and collects customer comment cards for catered functions.
- Stocks, cleans and maintains catering facility and equipment.
- Ensures guests receive friendly, courteous service at all times.
- Maintains indepth knowledge of complete menu and products on hand.
- Maintains clean and safe work environment.
- Follows safety and sanitation policy and procedures at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Valid driver's license may be required; must possess or able to obtain a valid food handler's permit and/or alcohol servers' permit where required by state law.
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Café & Catering Manager
1. Position: Café &Catering Manager
Schedule: Business hours, flexible hours as needed.
The Cafe Manager is responsible for opening and managing the CitySquare food service operations including the café space, catering and commercial kitchen at the Opportunity Center. He/She will be responsible for staffing, menu development, pricing, procurement and financial oversight including the point-of-sale system and related reporting.
She/he will develop, implement, and maintain standardized café, catering and kitchen processes and procedures according to industry standards. He/She will be responsible for the ongoing compliance with all safety and health department regulations and guidelines and efficient and effective storage and rotation of all inventory.
The Café Manager will work with other City Square programs and develop new community partnerships that further the mission of City Square. She/He will be an expert and advocate in the field as well as an innovator who continually seeks out improvements to both process and outcomes.
He/She will work closely with the Director, Hospitality Programs as the café, catering and kitchen will operate as an extension of the existing hospitality WorkPaths training program. Program graduates selected for internships in the café, catering and kitchen will have the opportunity to develop skills in a fast casual setting.
Education:Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
Experience: 5 years of restaurant experience required. Management and financial oversight experience preferred.
Able to communicate with different audiences, including Executive Management and program participants. Willing and able to collaborate with other CitySquare Departments as well as external partners.
Catering Event Manager
Kernwood Country Club is recognized as one of the North Shore’s most prestigious country clubs. Just 30 minutes north of Boston, Kernwood is located in scenic historic Salem Massachusetts. The club has earned a reputation of excellent food and service in hosting special occasion and spectacular events. We are seeking a professional Catering Sales Events Manager to continue the tradition of excellence at the club. The successful candidate will be responsible for all catering and events along with working with a proven management team to deliver the expectations our members and guests expect and deserve at Kernwood.
- Coordinates the needs of Club members and guests who are planning private parties through email, written communications, telephone, and face to face meetings.
- Obtains pertinent information from member/guest including: Number of persons expected, seating arrangements, decorations, music and entertainment. Keeps an accurate history file of each event; writes follow-up correspondence.
- May show member/guest through facilities offering suggestions in effort to sell the merits of the Club facilities for the occasion.
- Negotiates pricing, initiates contracts, handles deposits, billing, and develops Banquet Event Orders for distribution with the Club.
- Suggests menu or help guest plan menu in conjunction with the Executive Chef.
- Develops catering menus, special event menus, and seasonal offerings and promotes the Catering Sales to the general membership. Plans, promotes and generates enthusiasm and interest for the club’s diverse social programs.
- Inspects finished arrangements and adds final touches at last moment; must be present to oversee the actual event, service and greeting guests.
- Coordinates room set-ups, audio visual requirements, entertainment requirements, etc. Ensures proper room set-up and time posting prior to the beginning of committee meetings or other club functions.
- Maintain event budget spreadsheets, including tracking revenue and expenses.
- Supervise, train, mentor and coach banquet staff for the efficient operation of the Club's banquet department.
- Clearly communicate, assign, and delegate responsibility and authority for the service of catered events to banquet service staff. Holds staff meetings, pre-meal & post meals.
- Regularly reviews the level of member acceptance of individual banquets to ensure product is meeting member needs. Recommends and implements procedures for improvement.
This position requires an energetic and detailed oriented candidate with a minimum of five years in a high volume, high quality hotel or private club operation. The ideal candidate must have strong organizational and time management skills.
Email resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Lorelei Judge, Clubhouse Manager, Lorelei@kernwood.org No calls please.
We offer competitive wages, good benefits, and a very enjoyable work environment. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity.
Based on qualifications
Catering Associate/Delivery Driver
We are seeking a Catering Associate/Delivery Driver to join our team! You will drive to deliver and pick up goods and packages.
- Deliver products to customer locations in a timely manner
- Load and unload vehicle
- Collect on unpaid orders and shipments
- Inspect and monitor delivery vehicle
- Maintain accurate inventory of packages and materials
- Experience in delivery driving, customer service, or other related fields
- Clean driving record
- Ability to handle physical workload
Typical hours M-F 8-4pm
Sous Chef, Patina Catering
An immediate opportunity exists for a restaurant professional with the ability to maintain our high standards of quality and guest satisfaction. The purpose of this position is to support the Executive Chef to oversee all aspects of kitchen operations from cooking, production, quality control and sanitation. We offer great opportunities to build and grow into a professional culinary expert while maintaining friendly and enjoyable work environments.
The following tasks and responsibilities are under direct supervision of the Executive Chef:
•Company Dining program
We're looking for a highly motivated career-focused individual with the ability to exceed expectations to become part of the winning team at the Patina Restaurant Group EOE. More than just an equal opportunity employer, PRG enthusiastically celebrates the powerful and profound diversity of our team.
We believe that talent, drive and experience are the only relevant criteria for considering new team members.
•Sous Chef: 2 years
Catering Manager - Urgent Need
With Culinary Experience Needed - St. Petersburg, FL Area
Our company is searching for an extremely Professional Catering Manager qualified to build sales for the restaurant through their enthusiasm for creating the vision of their clients. If you are the type of Catering Manager who builds trust and respect while able to balance fun, hospitality, and excellence, you are exactly who we have been searching for! Apply Today for our location in St. Petersburg, FL! We cater to your cravings with foods that fit your lifestyle. Our Company is looking for a Catering Manager that is proud to serve our guests and takes pride in the reputation we get from our community and our ability to build long-term relationships! It’s our goal as a company to provide excellent service and quality to every one of our clients, therefore we hold ourselves to the highest standards without compromise. We know an unforgettable occasion doesn’t happen overnight and for that reason, our Catering Manager will have a team of professionals to work with from start to finish on each shift to make certain our guests’ requirements are met. Don’t pass up this great opportunity as our Catering Manager for our location in St. Petersburg, FL.
Title of Position: Catering Manager
Job Description: Our Catering Manager plays a dynamic role in our business by assisting our customers. We plan and host parties at home or celebrations in offices by arranging to have our menu items, heating equipment, and relevant party supplies prepared for the event. This professional will meet with the customer to organize the details of the function and will ensure operational compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving. The Catering Manager will report the progress of the caterings to the General Manager as needed and will be responsible for coordinating with additional departments and will investigate and resolve issues regarding food quality or service.
- Competitive Base Salary
- A Strong Bonus Program
- Excellent Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- And Other Exciting Perks
- The Catering Manager must have high volume restaurant management experience of at least 2 years
- A passion for mentoring and developing others is a must for the Catering Manager
- A solid track record in achieving financial results is a must for the Catering Manager
- The Catering Manager must be extremely guest orientated with the highest degree of honesty and integrity
- The Catering Manager should make themselves available to the restaurant at all times.
If you would like to be considered for this position, email your resume
Our national network consists of 37 regional offices that are driven to meet the needs of the hospitality industry. In addition, Gecko Hospitality offers the largest selection of hospitality jobs, restaurant jobs, hotel jobs, resort jobs and club management jobs online. Our specialized, hospitality-focused team covers all 50 states and Canada with over 80 Franchise Partners and recruiters. Gecko Hospitality was founded on providing the finest restaurant jobs nationwide to the highest performing candidates. More importantly, our Franchise Partners and recruiters began their careers in hospitality and there is no finer training ground for recruiting than real life experience.
At Gecko Hospitality, we are passionate about making sure that every member of our recruiting team is familiar with our philosophies. In the same way that we learn about people when developing relationships and friendships, we want our people to have a sense of Gecko Hospitality's values and insight into our company's "personality." With this insight comes a greater understanding of how values "fit" with Gecko Hospitality's values, why we do things the way we do as well as providing a basis for making decisions that are appropriate to those values. We all play a part in keeping these traditions and philosophies alive.
We want every member of our recruiting team to understand that we are only as good as how well we follow these philosophies on an every day basis. Gecko Hospitality is all about achieving results by being motivated. This motivation to achieve results comes from within. No one can motivate us, nor can we motivate anyone else. As leaders, all that we can do is provide an environment where people motivate themselves to achieve mutually beneficial goals. Along with this philosophy, each team member possesses the following traits for which we are proud: honesty, integrity, desire, determination, listening skills, rapid learning, responding in a timely manner, effective communication skills, thoroughness, empathy, compassion, and most of all we want every team member to have a strong work ethic that motivates them to produce superior results both for our candidates and for our Clients.
At Gecko Hospitality, you certainly have... more choices
Catering Sales Manager
RED STAR CATERING, a division of Mac's Speed Shop
We are seeking a Catering Sales Manager to join our team! You will be responsible for providing customers with a memorable dining experience.
The job involves initiation and development of quality leads to ensure growth of catering sales. The primary responsibility of a catering sales manager is to develop existing business and solicit new catering business through catering lead generation and catering sales marketing.
and even a few bikes and classic cars here and there!
Mac’s Speed Shop is a unique, family-friendly, Carolina barbecue restaurant that uses award-winning cooking methods to create unbelievable BBQ served in a fun, high-energy environment.
Starting in 2005 as just an idea amongst 5 lifelong friends to create a fun-filled place to relax, cook and get together with friends and family to now 3 Concepts and 9 locations – the future is incredibly bright and challenging for those who wish to create a unique mark in the industry.
Mac’s is growing fast – we have plans to expand our existing family with combinations of new and “reinvigorations to current” restaurants each year. That said, we need LEADERS who can and want to grow with us!
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!