Cell Coverer Job Description Sample
Wall Coverer Encore Boston Harbor
ABOUT ENCORE BOSTON HARBOR Encore Boston Harbor is a luxury global destination gaming resort that will feature 671 hotel rooms with sweeping views of the Boston skyline and Boston Harbor, ultra-premium spa, luxury retail, high-end dining, and state-of-the-art ballroom and meeting spaces. At a total cost of $2.5 billion, it is the largest private single-phase development in the history of the Commonwealth. Situated on the waterfront along the Mystic River and connected to Boston Harbor, Encore Boston Harbor will include a six-acre park along the water that will feature a harborwalk, an events lawn, public viewing areas, ornate floral displays and retail and dining experiences that overlook the Encore Harbor Walk.
Encore Boston Harbor is currently under construction with resort opening anticipated June 2019. Once open, Encore Boston Harbor will employ over 4,000 team members. We invite you to apply to be a member of the founding Encore Boston Harbor team.
The Encore Boston Harbor Wall Coverer will be responsible for applying decorative and protective finishes to walls, ceilings, other areas as needed.
Adheres to all Encore Boston Harbor core values and property and department standards.
Actively contributes to the departmental performance, and the accuracy, confidentiality, and thoroughness of departmental policies and procedures; records and reports.
Follows all applicable internal policies, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and controls property wide.
Delivers and maintains a maximum level of property-wide service and satisfaction.
Contributes to company-wide communication and best practices.
Keeps informed of all new developments within the department.
Balances multiple priorities simultaneously and meets deadlines, often in stressful and high-pressure situations.
Prepare a variety of surfaces (wood, masonry, drywall, plaster, concrete, synthetics, stucco, and metal) prior to the application of finish materials such as paint, high performance coatings, waterproofing, fireproofing, varnish, shellac, wall coverings, and special decorative finishes.
Works with safety as a priority, and follows department and company safety standards.
Maintains relevant knowledge of industry through continuing education and training.
Performs any other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Age, Gaming and Certifications:
21 years of age or above.
Will be required to obtain and maintain registration or a license issued by the Massachusetts Gaming Commission.
Valid Massachusetts Driver License Preferred.
Education and/or Experience:
High school or equivalent degree required. Successful completion of an apprenticeship, vocational/trade program, or college courses in a related field preferred.
Minimum of 3 years of wall covering experience required.
Requires general computer skills and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Must possess outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills, as well as excellent attention to detail.
Knowledge of basic hand and power tools and testing equipment and materials. Fluent knowledge of paints and chemicals, SDS personal protection equipment, sanitation, and OSHA guidelines required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from other employees or guests. Fluency in English required, second language a plus. Ability to write detailed instructions and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations.
Mathematical Skills & Reasoning Ability:
Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations. Ability to decipher various reports and maintain reports upon request.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, stretch, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Essential responsibilities include moderate physical ability such as lift or maneuver at least seventy (70) pounds, and varied instances of standing/walking.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that exist while Team Members are performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is typically loud. When on the casino, kitchen, or property floor or some back of house areas, the noise level increases to loud. Must be able to interact with internal and external guests in a professional manner.
Due to the unpredictable nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry, Team Members must be able to work varying-schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
Team members may be expected to work outside and may be subject to all weather conditions and subject to varying levels of cold, heat, humidity, precipitation, wind, noise, and vibration. Work may be performed in and or around electrically or mechanically energized equipment. May be required to work in elevated places on ladders, lifts, catwalks, and staging inside and outside of the building. Proper precautions and procedures must be taken including the use of appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
In accordance with our host and surrounding community agreements, we will give preference to properly qualified residents of the cities of (1) Everett, (2) Malden, and (3) Boston, Cambridge, Chelsea, Medford, and Somerville.
Small Cell Project Manager
- Orchestrating a virtual team of consultants, project managers, construction managers, engineers, and service delivery coordinators
- Lead all elements of turn-key deployment
- Closely manage internal staff and external consultants through the site acquisition process to successful lease signatures for each node
- Coordinate with OSP project managers to ensure fiber design and construction meets project budget and schedule
- Coordinate with internal resources and external consultants to ensure compliance with FCC and environmental regulations
- Coordinate with ISP construction manager for successful zoning, permitting, and construction of small cell and antenna installation and testing
- Validate and manage customer requirements and expectations
- Upon project kickoff, ensure and maintain alignment with the customer regarding schedule, technical requirements, build responsibilities, and handoffs
- Develop and manage the project schedule and budget
- Maintain and report on the project schedules and budgets over the life of the project through full project closeout
- Manage against the schedule and budget baselines to drive progress, identify and mitigate risks, and achieve measurable results
- Ensure all team members are in alignment with goals, are accountable for their results, and are effectively contributing to the team’s success
- Identify, track, follow-up, and resolve all issues and actions encountered
- Develop and implement project processes, reporting, and metrics that record progress, ensure quality, reinforce ownership and accountability, demonstrate trends, identify bottlenecks, and achieve results
- Adapt current reporting to the specific needs of the project or develop new reporting if required
- Demonstrated successful overall project management responsibility of large-scale network deployments, ideally related to OSP and/or wireless networks
- Proven ability to develop project schedules and budgets, maintain forecasts and report variances
- Process- and metrics-based management style
- Exceptional report development, implementation and analysis skills
- Ability to adapt existing reporting or develop new to match the unique and changing needs of each project while working within Our Client reporting standards
- Must be strong in Excel (formulas, macros, pivots), Access or similar
- Working knowledge of Salesforce is a plus
- Proven ability to manage a virtual team across various functional and geographic regions so as to drive engagement, maintain goal alignment, achieve results and make the project a rewarding experience for the team
- Must be able to provide direction to multiple functions to ensure project timelines and contractual commitments are met
- Experience with ISP construction (space/power/building riser) a plus
- Ability to act as a key customer point of contact. Includes preparing and leading customers through regular status updates, managing expectations and addressing customer-facing issues. Scope management extremely important to ensure projects' financial success
- Contract/construction management experience including RFP preparation, budgeting and control estimates, bid review and award, change order management, materials management and project closeout
- Basic understanding of OSP construction management is a plus
- Working knowledge of GIS-based tools such as MapInfo, ArcView or Google Earth or Third party conduit and fiber negotiation and purchase
- Familiarity with wireless deployments a plus including site acquisition and leasing, basic cell site layout and wireless site civil construction
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists)
- All major ERP & CRM packages (including Oracle, Workday, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, SAP, Dynamics AX, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, NetSuite)
- Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Big Data Integration
- Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Lab Technician - Mammalian Cell Culture (Cell Line Production)
Are you interested in being a part of a growing product line? ATUM (formerly DNA2.0) is in need of a Lab Technician experienced in mammalian cell culture to work in our cell line lab. You’ll be a key part of the cell line team and have the opportunity to work with multiple departments in a fun and collaborative work environment.
ATUM is the leading bioengineering solutions provider, offering an integrated pipeline of solutions including gene design, optimization and synthesis, expression vectors, and platforms for protein and strain engineering as well as cell line development and master cell banking. From building the industry’s leading antibody libraries to developing enzymes for commercial drug and biofuel manufacture, our products and services support breakthroughs across the life sciences. Every day ATUM delivers DNA, proteins and cells that transform biology from a discovery science to an engineering discipline, improving the way people research, create and live. For more information about us visit www.atum.bio.
Responsibilities of the position:
- Tissue Culture
- Maintain and transfect various BL1 safety level, non hazardous mammalian cell lines using sterile techniques; establish stable cell lines for the generation of recombinant proteins or for cell line engineering approaches. Determine cell counts and cell viability using microscope and various automated cell counting devices.
- Monitor metabolites and macromolecular products and take end point measurements that could include Western blotting, productivity measurement using ForteBio Octet, immunostaining or molecular characterization (PCR, blotting techniques). Use automated cloning and imaging equipment. Prepare cells for cryogenic storage and subsequent re-establishment of viable cell lines.
- Record Keeping in LIMS and Maintenance of Lab: Maintain clean and neat work area in laboratory to ensure efficient functioning and pleasant/safe work environment. Prepare sterile media and solutions.
- Maintenance of lab supplies and equipment: Monitor, order, and shelve tissue culture supplies. Work with other members of the lab and purchasing department to ensure sufficient supply levels for scheduled projects. Work with facilities to coordinate laboratory machinery ordering, installation and regular maintenance.
- Follow written instructions/operation manuals while demonstrating strong verbal communication skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Occasional weekend and holiday work may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree and cell biology background required.
- Work Experience: minimum of 1 year of tissue culture laboratory experience.
- Knowledge and experience of tissue culture technique and good sterile technique.
- Flexible and adaptive behavior and ability to thrive in a high growth environment.
- Experience with mammalian cell bank manufacturing and/or working under cGMP conditions are a plus.
This position requires the ability to repetitively move and/or pour a minimum of 5lbs (up to 25lbs may occasionally be required) as well as other physical activities, including:
- Regularly opening and closing lab receptacles, including removing and adhering plate seals, twisting caps, lifting lids.
- Occasionally ascending/descending a ladder to retrieve lab supplies.
- Regularly positioning self to pour or pipette reagents used for the lab process, including large and small volumes.
- Regularly perform long processes (multiple hours) in front of biological safety cabinets.
- Regularly lifting and re-positioning racks (approximately 10lbs each) stored in liquid tanks.
- Regularly work for extended periods (3-4 hours) wearing 2 layers of breathable disposable standard gowning garments.
- Be part of the next gen bio-tech revolution: Quantitative Biology
- Learn new concepts and experiment with new technologies
- Free catered lunch (everyday)
- Excellent benefit package; medical, dental and vision, PTO, Holidays, and more.
- 401(k) & Safe Harbor plan
We encourage qualified veterans to apply.
Phone calls NOT accepted.
Medical Science Liaison, Benign Hem/Sickle Cell - Midwest - Remote
Novartis is recruiting for a Medical Science Liaison to cover the following territory:
Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. This pipeline consists of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people.
This makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field. We're committed to peak performance, improving the quality of life, and embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds, cultures and talents to achieve competitive advantage.
The MSL is expected to demonstrate therapeutic expertise, understand territory/market influences, engage scientifically with HCPs and medical experts, manage and develop their territory and execute all administrative duties – while functioning within the Novartis Code of Conduct, Ethics/Compliance policies and Working Practice documents. Customer engagements may include but not be limited to: emerging data discussions, clinical trial and pipeline discussions, medical insights, responding to unsolicited requests, disease and adverse event education. This role is field based – with the expectation that the MSL will be in the field and customer facing the majority of the time to achieve performance/business objectives.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will establish and build peer to peer relationships and engage with HCPs (including community physicians, pharmacists, medical experts, nurses, and other healthcare professionals). The MSL will be responsible for building relationships and engaging in peer to peer level scientific discussions around emerging data, treatment guidelines, molecular pathways, mechanism of action (MOA) of Novartis products including molecular testing and diagnostics, clinical outcomes and research opportunities. The role will also include identification of potential sites for company sponsored clinical trials as well as to gain patient referrals to open sites, in all stages of development and to serve as a scientific liaison to the medical/scientific community responsible for establishing, developing and maintaining peer-to-peer relationships with HCPs within the coverage area; ensure the appropriate dissemination of clinical and scientific information regarding marketed and pipeline compounds, in a timely, ethical and customer-focused manner; implement scientific and educational strategies in collaboration with colleagues from Medical Affairs and Clinical Operations to support Novartis-sponsored trials, investigator initiated research, and educational initiatives; work to pair our key customer's educational and research needs with available Novartis resources aligned with Novartis strategy, and also provide the latest emerging data in response to specific healthcare professional inquiries.
Research Associate, Cell And Molecular Biology
Founded in 2016, Foghorn Therapeutics discovers and develops novel drugs to treat cancer and other serious medical disorders. The company seeks to discover novel therapeutics that target chromatin remodeling complexes. Foghorn uses a proprietary platform based on revolutionary advances in mechanistic understanding of disease.
- B.S./M.S. with 1-3 years of relevant experience in oncology drug discovery, including cell assay development and target validation.
- Proven core competence in standard cell and molecular biology techniques.
- Excellent lab practice and versatility is highly required.
- Ability to think critically and creatively to solve problems.
- Commitment to quality, attention to detail, and team player mentality is a must.
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team contributing to the design and execution of experiments that support our research activities and project goals.
- Design, conduct, and analyze data from experiment for target ID and validation.
- Establish and perform cellular assays to support drug discovery programs.
- Contribute to various aspects of company building, from scientific excellence to establishing a great company culture.
Research Associate II - Cell Editing
Universal Cells is now part of Astellas!
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Research Associate II -- Cell Editing opportunity at their Universal Cells facility in Seattle, WA.
Universal Cells carries out AAV-mediated gene-editing of pluripotent stem cells using a non-GMP Qualified Manufacturing Process (QMP). The Cell Editing RA 2 will work as part of a team evaluating, planning, and executing all aspects of gene-editing and engineering of pluripotent stem cells.
Will acquire further versatility in routine procedures, technical knowledge, understanding of administrative operations, and general troubleshooting. Will assist with complex laboratory operations, and take on more responsibility to provide content for various documents and reports. Will be able to execute protocols with minimal guidance, and the ability to summarize results independently.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Cell culture and aseptic processing in a GMP-like manufacturing environment.
AAV-mediated gene-editing of pluripotent stem cells.
Data collection and analysis for cell culture and gene-editing processes.
Design and execution of complex experiments.
Support Process Development to establish and transfer manufacturing processes.
Lead group meeting preparations and presentations.
Ensure day-to-day operations of the QMP cell culture lab.
Maintains familiarity with scientific literature and applies appropriately to research projects.
- BS degree with 3+ years
- MS with 0-2 years of laboratory experience
Strong organizational, time management and problem solving skills with attention to details.
Ability to work independently yet also a team player.
Excellent record-keeping ability.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Analytical Development Scientist, Cell Therapy
Bayer and CRISPR Therapeutics have entered into an agreement to create a Joint Venture (Casebia Therapeutics) to discover, develop and commercialize new breakthrough therapeutics to cure blood disorders, eye diseases / blindness, and heart disease. CRISPR Therapeutics will contribute its proprietary CRISPR-Cas9 gene-editing technology and intellectual property, while Bayer will make available its protein engineering expertise and relevant disease know-how. It is the first long-term strategic partnership of its kind to make a substantial investment in the development of target delivery systems to bring systemic in vivo CRISPR-Cas9 gene editing technology applications to patients.
For more information, please visit www.casebia.com
Casebia Therapeutics is seeking an Analytical Development Scientist with a passion for delivering life-changing breakthrough therapeutics to patients. She/he will lead the development of analytics for cellular therapy products based on Casebia’s gene-editing technology. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in immunology and hands-on technical experience with development and qualification of GMP-compliant analytical methods for cell-based therapies. This position includes both lab and management responsibilities and you will work closely with the Research and Discovery teams located both in Cambridge, MA and San Francisco, CA. You will participate in development of strategy to release and characterize the T-cell drug product and execute on the strategy through development of fit for purpose methods at Casebia and at contract organizations and eventual establishment in a GMP manufacturing facility for in-process testing and product release.
- Manage analytical development projects hands-on for gene-edited ex vivo T-cell therapy products for structural and functional characterization of products to be used in the clinic.
- Design and execute method development and qualification in support of process development, product release and stability, product characterization and investigation, for gene-edited T-cells
- Summarize and present scientific data and report progress on behalf of the team in cross-functional forums (e.g. CMC team) and liaison with the research teams
- Lead definition of the quality target product profile working with stakeholders in discovery, pre-clinical, and translational functions and use to develop critical quality attributes for product
- Contribute to development of assays on the drug product that can predict safety and efficacy outcomes considering input material variability etc.
- Contribute to CMC teams and communicate and collaborate effectively to ensure effective interactions with all stakeholder groups
- Ensure high-quality, timely documentation in electronic laboratory notebooks and Technical Reports
- Contribute to transfer of the analytical methods to a CMO and manage implementation and qualification activities leading to successful use of methods in QC to release and characterize GMP T-cell product.
- Assist in the development of standard operating procedures, analytical test methods, analytical sampling plans involving immunoassays, and molecular biology techniques
- Author and/or review process documentation including study protocols, reports, SOPs, batch records, material and product specifications, forms and deviation support documents
- Contribute to regulatory interactions and filings and responses to regulatory questions
- Support and contribute to relevant and impactful innovation programs to enhance T-cell analytical technologies in the areas of cell phenotyping, potency measurement, sorting technologies to characterize sub-populations, single cell approaches, aligned with emerging business drivers and regulatory expectations
- Hires, trains, supervises and mentors junior staff members
- MS or PhD in a relevant scientific discipline (e.g. Immunology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biology) with 5 – 8 years relevant experience (5+ years for Ph.D. OR 8+ years for M.S.) including experience in industry
- Experience in developing and executing cellular characterization assays with cell therapy products, including T cells, is a plus
- Previous experience managing/mentoring associate scientists in a laboratory setting is a preferred.
- Experience working with viral vectors for gene delivery and/or various gene editing techniques
- Experience authoring sections of regulatory documents preferred.
- Experience with assay transfer and managing work with external partners and contract organizations in a GMP compliant setting
- Analytical method development and qualification experience in molecular biology and cell biology techniques for cell characterization such as quantitative PCR (qPCR), immunoassay, and flow cytometry
- Strong foundational knowledge in immunology and hands-on experience with T-cells or similar cell types
- Demonstrate a strong skill set and knowledge in analytical assay development and assay optimization. Understanding and experience of analytical assay validation is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing of biotechnology products, analytical method development, technology transfer, method qualification/validation, and process development
- Awareness of GMP manufacturing environment for cell therapy products, including closed-systems, single-use / disposable technology, sterile / aseptic processing, and process qualification
- Awareness of GMP and CMC regulations for gene and cell therapy, including Advanced Therapy Medicinal Product (ATMP) regulations
- Demonstrated scientific aptitude through authorship of peer-reviewed publications
- Ability to manage priorities, influence without authority, and drive to decisions in a fast-paced environment to achieve deliverables in a timely fashion
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a team-oriented environment; driven and highly organized
- Willingness to travel approximately 20% of the time to engage with R&D teams and external CMOs.
POSITION TITLE: Cell Manager
DEPARTMENT: Packaging UP2 North
LOCATION: Florence Mfg
This position reports to the Director of the UP and is responsible for managing all packaging activities of the assigned cell in compliance with L'Oréal standards.
1.Create an Actively Engaged Team that achieves Extraordinary Results:
Respectfully, through words and actions, leads a team of machine operators, mechanics and project engineers and encourages 100% employee engagement.
Continually assesses the performance indicators across the balanced scorecard of the department and relentlessly develops actions to improve on the basis of those indicators (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Morale, Environment)
Develop and implement programs that train staff and packaging work force in methods and procedures that maximize the efficient operation and application of the means of production.
Direct problem solving activities that resolve intra-department or inter-department production related issues.
Facilitate and effective employee/labor relations environment within the production unit.
Maintain an appropriate records and complete necessary reports in a timely manner.
Cell Leader is responsible for a 24/7 operation. Must be willing to adjust schedule to cover shifts as needed.
Balanced Scorecard Responsibilities:
Fully Supports an interdependent safety culture and works proactively to accomplish the safety mission in the plant of zero accidents.
Follow all OSHA guidelines and improve safety of the department through proactive actions (Safety Improvement Opportunities.)
Maintain a safe, clean work environmental programs.
Supports and embraces the Quality and Environmental missions of the Plant
Observe "Good Manufacturing Practices" (GMP).
Implement L'Oreal USA quality assurance procedures and the requirements of ISO-9000.
Manage and direct all production activity to fully support attainment of the production plan by supervising the coordination of the short term fixed schedule and the long term production plan on an intra-department and inter-department basis.
Supervise and coordinate all packaging related activity in the support of new product launches and restage projects.
Follow financial rules for metrics.
Improve and sustain key cost indicators: un-productive time, labor variance, overall equipment effectiveness.
Design, develop, recommend, and implement improved work procedures that enhance manufacturing efficiency.
Design, implement, or recommend capital equipment improvements that enhance the capacity, efficiency, and productivity of the means of production.
Develop labor standards for new product launches and work with technical team to assess feasibility and necessity for capital investments.
Role model coaching to the team with productive and well-timed feedback and support.
Manage and implement all L'Oreal USA policies and practices including, but not limited to, the Corporation's Equal Employment Opportunity Policy, etc.
Implement L'Oreal USA quality assurance procedures and the requirements of ISO-14000.
Drive the team to make progress and sustain progress in the areas of reducing bulk, component, and finished good waste, energy consumption, and water consumption.
Drive activities related to start-up of new Production Department as necessary:
Recruitment of leads, operators, mechanics, processors
Organization of new department
Technical transfer of equipment and troubleshooting during installation validations.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Education: Bachelor's degree with major in technical field or Management or Engineering degree preferred. MBA a plus.
Experience: Team player with strong leadership skills.
3 to 5 years' experience in a manufacturing
Management role or like industry.
Skillset: Energetic and enthusiastic in implementing technical, organizational, cultural improvements. Must have Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint). Microsoft Access a plus. Previous SAP, Apriso experience a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.
Web Content Specialist, Cell Press
Cell Press is seeking a Web Content Specialist to become responsible for maintaining branding and design consistency across our website (www.cell.com), for implementing and sharing best CMS practices, and for designing and building strategically valuable new webpages. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a dynamic team and shape a new role at Cell Press.
To apply, please submit a resume and a brief cover letter describing your motivation for being interested in the position.
Deliver strategic website creation projects.
Such projects include new marketing pages for journal launches, custom pages of strategic value (e.g., www.cell.com/about), and new commercial products (e.g., www.cell.com/research-arc). This requires close partnership with diverse stakeholder groups and project teams.
Ensure consistency of design, brand, and experience across Cell.com
This role will ensure that all pages on Cell.com maintain consistent design, branding, and user experience, which are of critical importance as we expand our brand beyond the life sciences.
Serve as CMS lead for Cell Press
This role will become an expert in the CMS used for Cell.com and will provide onboarding and best-practice guidelines to Cell Press staff. Collaboration with internal and external partners is critical here.
Support roadmap items
This role will have an opportunity to interact with all areas of the business and work on all stages of development for key roadmap items including new features and services, DTD implementations, and more.
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING
Enthusiasm and curiosity.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
A customer-centric approach.
Comfort with a variety of communication and collaboration tools, from JIRA and Confluence to Slack, Trello, and Teams.
A digital design sensibility, experience designing and building websites, and familiarity working with branding.
2-4 years relevant professional experience in web design and general knowledge latest trends and emerging technologies.
Experience applying web accessibility standards.
Familiarity with web publishing platforms and journal publishing infrastructure.
A proactive spirit with the ability to work and produce results independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
Strong attention to details and deadlines, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
Elsevier is a global information analytics business that helps institutions and professionals progress science, advance healthcare and improve performance for the benefit of humanity. We help researchers make new discoveries, collaborate with their colleagues, and give them the knowledge they need to find funding.
We help governments and universities evaluate and improve their research strategies. We help doctors save lives, providing insight for physicians to find the right clinical answers, and we support nurses and other healthcare professionals throughout their careers.
Elsevier provides digital solutions and tools in the areas of strategic research management, R&D performance, clinical decision support, and professional education; including ScienceDirect, Scopus, SciVal, ClinicalKey and Sherpath. Elsevier publishes over 2,500 digitized journals, including The Lancet and Cell, more than 35,000 e-book titles and many iconic reference works, including Gray's Anatomy. Elsevier is part of RELX Group, a global provider of information and analytics for professionals and business customers across industries.
Elsevier employs over 7,000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization. Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Postdoctoral Scientist-Laboratory Of Neuronal Cell Biology
We are seeking a highly motivated cell biologist with experience studying multiple aspects of neuronal cell biology using state-of-the-art techniques and approaches to join the Laboratory of Neuronal Cell Biology (LNCB). The candidate will be responsible for performing innovative science towards understanding novel cell biology associated with disease relevant proteins. This work will be performed in close collaboration with other members of the laboratory and will require deep knowledge and experience in fundamental aspects of cell biology such as intracellular trafficking, signaling, protein-protein interactions and post-translational modifications among others. The candidate should be able to design, execute and troubleshoot experiments and to analyze and interpret results independently. The candidate should document and communicate work clearly and concisely, and is expected to participate in writing manuscripts and scientific reports.
PhD in areas of neuronal cell biology.
Previous experience in primary neuronal cell or IPSC/IN culture.
Background on disorders of the CNS.
Experience with advanced molecular and cell biology techniques is required.
Strong experience with live cell microscopy and imaging analysis is desired.
Experience with high throughput assay design/analysis or 'omics' analysis is a plus.
The candidate will be able to design, execute and troubleshoot experiments and to analyze and interpret results in collaboration with the postdoctoral mentor and other members of the LNCB. This is a unique opportunity to perform fundamental neurobiology within a company setting.
Strong experience with biochemical and cell biology techniques
Experience with cellular imaging.
Experience in advanced cell/tissue culture techniques.
Team player that collaborates with colleagues.
Able to work independently.
Recent PhD in neuronal cell biology or related discipline.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!