Cell Tuber Machine Job Description Sample
Machine Cell Operator / CNC Lathe And CNC Mill / Cell 1 / Machinist
Job Description Formsprag Clutch in Warren, MI is currently looking for a Cell Operator to operate a CNC Lathe, Mill and Saw operator on second shift.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: * Operate CNC Lathe, Mill and Saw
Operate Inducto Heat Treat machine if necessary
Perform in-process inspections using a variety of measuring equipment
Produce parts by interpreting and understanding blue print requirements
Perform specialty programming or set ups
Record labor and other production information on Hour by Hour sheets
Follows all safety and work rules.
Performs other duties as assigned. # Job Requirements * A High School diploma is required * 3 to 4 years of experience in a manufacturing precision machining environment
Knowledge of G&M; Codes and GD&T; * Proficient blue print reading skills
Ability to understand and follow work instructions
Past experience with manual turning/milling or drilling or CNC mill, lathe and drilling is required
Employee Type:* Full-Time
Experience:* Not Specified
Date Posted:* 1/2/2018 Location: Warren, MI
Job Type:* Manufacturing
Contributor Machine Ops Advanced - 1360 Weld Cell (3Rd Shift)
Contributor Machine Ops Advanced - 1360 Weld Cell (3rd shift) GKN Employees Only Country: United States Work Location:
Alamance, NC State: North Carolina Advertising End Date: Not Specified Job Type:
Regular About The Opportunity Performs machine operations on a single machine while producing the desired quality and quantity of parts having shoulders, steps, tapers, threads, unusual contours, exact tolerances, and other precise machining functions. Key Responsibilities
Use precision measuring instruments necessary to check and maintain accuracy of results
Set up and maintain work area, determine proper feeds and speeds while obtaining proper results.Any other duties as assigned. Qualifications / Experience / Skills
High school diploma or GED
Read and write the English language
Demonstrate good manufacturing skills About Us Vision GKN Driveline is one of the world's leading automotive systems suppliers. Our vision for GKN Driveline is to be the number one supplier of driveline systems and solutions by operating our business to the highest standards of quality, integrity and performance.
Mission Our mission is to design and manufacture superior driveline systems supported by the best customer service. By doing this we will create value for customers and shareholders. To achieve our mission we shall:
Values * create a portfolio of superior driveline products and systems solutions for our customers * achieve market leading shares in all our business areas * meet or surpass customer expectations for quality, cost and delivery. * be the employer of choice for qualified and motivated employees * behave with integrity and respect for our stakeholders, including communities, customers employees, the environment and our shareholders We value our people * we recognise the contribution of every employee, and the importance of personal satisfaction. We aim to create a working environment which is safe and healthy * we provide fair reward and recognition for individual achievement, and support and encouragement in helping all our people meet their full potential - we offer equality of opportunity regardless of sex or sexual orientation, disability, religion or ethnic origin, and respect the human rights and dignity of every employee We value our shareholders * we are committed to delivering shareholder value We value our customers * we strive to be best in class, developing and delivering continuously improving products and services which add value for our customers We value our suppliers * we recognise the essential contribution of our suppliers, and support them actively in developing their capabilities We value our partners * we aim to build effective relationships with our joint venture partners as a route to mutual success We value our role in society * we act with integrity at all times and employ the highest standards of corporate governance - we contribute positively to the communities of which we are a part - we comply with all relevant regulatory frameworks - we make positive efforts to minimise waste, and play our part in safeguarding our environment Diversity and Inclusion As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success. A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN.
We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world. GKN is an equal opportunity employer. We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cell Machine Spec B
Cell Machine Spec B Company: Monogram Aerospace Fasteners Primary Location: 3423 S Garfield Avenue, Commerce, CA 90040 USA Employment Type:
Hourly | Full-Time Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/DisabledMain Duties & ResponsibilitiesSummary/Objective Completely and independently/sets-up and operates/(machines running) no less than three Assembly Traubs, while maintaining a high degree of quality standards. There could be as many as 3 set up’s or 3 machines running (maximum), or a combination of both.
Generally runs core and common product as required by the Assembly department with high quality and productivity standards. Machines surfaces of various types of metals to specifications and close tolerances. Understands and knows how to read product blue prints.
Uses precision measuring instruments. Selects tools, fingers, cams, wheels, spacers etc. for proper set-up, and make minor repairs to machines. Troubleshoots and fixes most production problems with part or machines and takes corrective actions necessary.
Seeks assistance as needed. Description of Essential Functions and
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessitated by Company production requirements. Under supervision with general direction and periodic review performs the following: 1.
Sets-up and operates Assembly Traubs machines and tools accordingly to run the job. Performs calibration, adjustment, layout, safe operating procedures etc. per requirements on highly complex tools and products. Troubleshoots any production problems with parts or machines and takes any corrective actions necessary. 2.
Measures, marks and scribes stock for machining requirements. Verifiesdimensions, alignments and clearances to specifications. Visually or withvarious precision measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers, gauges,etc. checks product for accuracy.
Sets specific machine speeds, feed rates and spacings per task requirements and optimum quality and productivity. Performs machining to close tolerances(± .0001) as called out by blueprints/documentation. 3. Provides necessary counts, processes documentation correctly, and maintains daily production logs using computer software applications or production worksheets.
Keeps interim records for subassemblies, material, tooling, rework, etc. while in the cell. Uses knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) where applicable. 4. Uses advanced Machine Shop Theory to understand specifications such asblueprints, sketches, models or descriptions, or verbal orders, and visualizes product to determine dimensions, tolerances and parts to be machined.
Uses advanced machining procedures, advanced tooling princ8iples and techniques, and concepts of efficiency of optimizing sequence of operations. 5. Works as an active team member by participating in problem solving, team building, and all other team activities to improve the processes,productivity, quality, etc. of the production operations in a cell. Usesinterpersonal skills as well as good written and verbal communications.
Assistsother cell members as required. 6. Understands and executes 3-pan method. Ensures to verify that product is conforming to dimensions required before mixing with product that has already been identified as acceptable. 7.
Works patiently and professionally with Qualifiers as they dictate adjustments needed to qualify product. Understands importance and provides quality and courteous service to qualifiers and other assembly personnel to efficiently keep product flow through the department. 8. Must be able to work together with the next or previous shift operator and effectively communicate during a shift changeover any issues with the machine or product, any special requirements, or instructions. QualificationsEDUCATION/TRAINING Demonstrated ability to read and write English of a level required in Companyshop documents and computer software entry and processing requirements.Must be capable of applying mathematical operations including using fractionsand decimals and basic geometry, as required by cell machining operations.Generally equivalent to ninth grade level.
Must be able to read blueprints. Mustbe able to use precision measuring instruments such as calipers andmicrometers comparators and torque testers
- EXPERIENCE* Requires 3 years work experience or equivalent skills and advanced knowledge in the set-up and/or operation of a major machine tool, as well as other tools and equipment which are similar or comparable to those used by the Company andwhich are necessary to fulfill job requirements. Must have read precision measuring instruments such as calipers and micrometers. Must have demonstrated ability to read blueprints similar or comparable to those used inmachining operations by the Company.
Coating Cell Operator
Coating Cell Operator
Under direct supervision, the Coating Cell Operator prepares end mills for the coating process, loads and unloads end mills into coating vessel.
· Loading and unloading coating satellites
· Loading and unloading the coating machine (requires 50 pound lift)
· Operation of coating machine
· Operation of the washing machine
· Working to shop documents to ensure quality products
· Keeping the work area neat, clean and organized
· Assisting in other departments when necessary
· Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience and
· High School Degree or GED
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task and handle numerous tasks simultaneously
· Ability to work independently
· Ability to follow procedures
· Demonstrated ability for organizational skills and attention to detail
· Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Excel
· Ability to lift 50 pounds consistently
· Able to stand for long periods of time
· Climate controlled manufacturing plant
· Noise levels within OSHA guidelines
· High heat generated from coating machine
· Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required
Cell Technician/Production Setter
The Cell Technician will be responsible for systematic problem solving and troubleshooting of molding and assembly equipment using strong mechanical ability, effective communication skills and demonstration of leadership skills.
Setup & Preventative Responsibilities
- Start-up and shutdown of molding and assembly equipment in accordance with procedures.
- Changes molds and assembly equipment in accordance with the production schedule (KANBAN System).
- Changes molds/assembly equipment to provide consistent part quality protecting company assets.
- Documents all molding/assembly setup and supports recording of downtime.
- Prepares molds and/or fixtures for storage at the completion of a production run.
- Notifies Manufacturing Supervisor and/or Maintenance of downtime issues.
- Tags tools/fixtures according to the tool repair and maintenance work order procedure.
- Keeps the Manufacturing Supervisor advised of recurring problems existing in the production area
Systematic Problem Solving and Troubleshooting
- Troubleshoots process-related concerns while adhering to setup documentation to maintain consistent quality and production requirements.
- Identify product or process defects in molding and assembly.
- Performs duties as an Operator, Material Handler or back-up Manufacturing Supervisor when requested by Maintenance Engineer or Manufacturing Supervisor.
- Provides and assists in giving direction to production employees in regards to work assignments.
- Practices good housekeeping techniques in keeping all areas of responsibility clean, organized, safe and hazard free.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent preferably with vocational education training in skilled trades or other related discipline;
- 2-4 years of experience working with injection molding machine set-up and processing;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Must complete New Employee Orientation and Quality Systems Overview training in addition to any training identified by department management.
- Must have the ability to conduct root cause analysis and present alternative solutions and make repairs and/or adjustments to correct problems.
- Ability to make informed decisions to satisfy internal and external customers.
Test Cell Technician
OverviewThe test cell technician will setup, maintain and operate assigned test cells. The test cell technician will perform engine preparation and dynamometer cell operation/testing.
Duties include fabrication/set-up of test fixtures, perform lab test procedures, perform vehicle testing, diagnose/troubleshoot issues on the engines themselves and do lab upkeep.Essential Functions (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.)1.Maintain and operate engine and vehicle test benches including associated equipment and instrumentation.2.Organize information and equipment.3.Set up production and prototype engines, vehicles and instrumentation.4.Provide test support for complex tests.5.Communicate with customer engineers.6.Create automated test using test cell software.7.Support facility issues affecting test cell operation.8.Manage project downtime by working on organization objectives.9.Perform all work according to organization and ISO procedures.10.Performs work in a safe manner with all job assignments and is responsible for using proper equipment and work methods on a daily basis.11.Performs day to day maintenance checks on projects that are assigned.12.Practices good housekeeping skills13.Reports all problems to the supervisor14.Attend meetings as required.15.Other duties as assigned.Education/Competencies/Skills/Experience-Analytical problem solving-Planning, organization and prioritization (time management)-Interpersonal skills - ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal forms.-Clear understanding of and ability to abide by company mission and values.-Ability to work independently and as part of a team; to understand and accurately complete written and verbal directions. -Ability to understand ICE (internal combustion engine) operation, testing, and repair-Ability to learn how to operate a dynamometer test cell-Ability to learn effective use of all types of electronic troubleshooting and repair equipment including: oscilloscopes, multimeters, current probes, signal generators, frequency counters, spectrum analyzers, through-hole and surface mount soldering equipment, crimp tools-Understanding of mechanical measurement devices and instruments used in measuring temperature, pressure, flow, etc and their use-Ability to learn how to wire electrical systems such as instrumentation power supplies, controls, sensors, actuators, VFDs and motors-Ability to read and interpret schematics, wiring diagrams, assembly drawings and technical data sheets-Proficiency with machine tools, including drill press, band saw, sander, etc.-Proficiency with hand tools used in engine maintenance.-Proficiency with welding and fabricating.-Working knowledge of computer software including Word, Excel, Email, Test Cell Control Software and Complex Combustion Measurement Equipment. (Cyflex, Engine Communication Software, FileZilla)-Ability to operate equipment such as forklift, JLG, scissor lift, Telehandler, etc.-High school diploma required.
Minimum of an Associate degree preferred. One (1) to three (3) years of experience preferred, but on the job training is possible with the right candidate. Supervisory ResponsibilityThis position has no supervisory responsibilities.Physical Demands/Work EnvironmentHeavy Work:
Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.Physical Activity:ClimbingAscending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized. KneelingBending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee o
General Machinist-Tool Cell
General Machinist-Tool Cell
2nd shift – 3:30pm-12:00am
· 5 yrs experience in a manufacturing environment using General Shop equipment
· Ability to read and interpret blue prints
· Experience required for the following:
Wet & Dry Grinder
CNC Milling Machine
Works independently to diagnosis or work from relatively complex verbal or written instructions designing, building (including gauge building), repairing and maintaining machinery and equipment throughout the facility.
· Sets-up and operates standard machine tools and other machinery to close tolerances in manufacturing machine parts.
· Builds gauges as required.
· Meets with other personnel regarding instruction, in the design, maintenance or repair of machinery and equipment to assure quality standard.
· May be required to assist or otherwise instruct other personnel.
· Operates forklift trucks and other material devices in the movement of heavy machinery.
· Performs Lock out/Tag out safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
· Maintains required records.
· Observes company processes and makes recommendations for improvement.
· Participates in Lean Projects.
· Maintains adherence to company policies, environmental and safety standards, and good housekeeping standards.
· May be required to assist or otherwise instruct other personnel.
· Performs other duties as may be required.
· Attendance is an essential function of the job.
1. High School, Trade School graduate or demonstrated equivalent skills.
2. Minimum of five (5) years experience in the field of machine maintenance.
3. Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
4. Ability to operate Forklift equipment.
5. Good communication skills.
6. Ability to make independent judgment decisions.
· Visual ability (corrected) to read directions and prints and to inspect parts closely to ensure that they meet specifications.
· Manual dexterity sufficient to operate machinery for precision work.
· Physical ability to do work requiring frequent stooping and bending.
The above description reflects a general outline considered necessary to describe the principle function of the job identified. It shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
CSS is a leading international manufacturer and has been a strategic supplier of metal springs, progressive stampings, fineblanked stampings, machined components and assemblies to OEMs for nearly 80 years. As a family owned and managed company, we pride ourselves in our decades of experience, honed by our expertise in the medical, defense & firearms, aerospace, automotive, industrial & electronics, and consumer products industries. We are a comprehensive solutions provider and are experts in collaborating with customers through all aspects of development. We manage projects from prototyping through product launch and full volume production. What sets us apart is our experience in developing innovative, advanced and difficult-to-make parts. Companies and industry leaders work with CSS because they know we will provide top-flight components and assemblies that will allow their end products to function flawlessly
Machinist - 2Nd Shift, Cut-Off Grinding Cell
- 2nd Shift, Cut-off Grinding Cell Email Tweet Location: Hugo, Minnesota Date Posted: 12-10-2017 Wilson Tool is a privately held-family owned company that prides itself on being a great place to work. We collectively share core values that make our culture unique and our workplace an excellent place to learn and advance your career. At Wilson Tool customer focus, innovation, teamwork and a can-do attitude are deeply held values that help us remain the preferred tooling solutions partner for our customers. We know that when we apply these core values to our work, and our company, our team will prosper. By being selected to work at Wilson Tool, you join a family of people that place an undeniable amount of pride in the work that we do for our customers. JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the operation of multiple cut-off grinding machines to fabricate various size and shape metal parts within the Impax Division. Performing tooling mathematics using trigonometry and algebra is a large part of this role. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Operates machines according to the following process:
Inspect and set up machines manually or using small hand tools
Inspect and change fixtures as necessary
Place piece/part into fixture/machine
Set dials, switches and programs to begin process
Evaluate procedures, and recommend changes or modifications for improved efficiency and adaptability to setup and production.
Maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures
Confer with design team, supervisory, and manufacturing personnel in order to exchange technical information.
Study blueprints, drawings, and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products, and determine product dimensions and tolerances
Measure, examine, and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers
Monitor machine and make preparations for next piece/part
Repeat above steps until job is finished, or on another machine
Other duties as assigned by supervisor QUALIFICATIONS
Graduate with a 2-year machine tool technology or tool and die degree, OR 2nd year Machine Tool Technology students and Tool and Die student(s).
Should have strong mechanical and technical abilities/experience.
Must have the ability to edit programs and set up multiple styles of machines, along with an understanding of G&M Codes.
Must be willing to freely move amongst all cell machines as workload demands.
Should be able to read technical data such as blueprints and routings.
Machine tooling mathematics are necessary, examples of this include, but are not exclusive to trigonometry and algebra. PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Continuous standing and walking 8 – 10 hours per shift / up to 4 hours at a time
Continuously lift, carry, push or pull up to 10lbs
Rarely lift, carry, push, pull, move up to 20lbs
Frequently performs cervical bends when checking progress or programming
Continuous repetitive use of forearms/wrists/hands to grasping, bending, twisting
Rarely repetitive use of forearms/wrists/hands for pounding and low speed assembly work
Frequently reach with hands and arms unilaterally and bilaterally; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel material
Continuous requirement of specific vision abilities including close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to focus.
Continuously wear eye protection (Industry standard safety equipment is provided by the Company, and specific notice is posted in areas where safety equipment is required).
Continuous exposure to indoor manufacturing environment
Continuous exposure to moderate noise Definitions: Continuous Frequent Occasional Rarely (5-8 hrs. /shift) (2-5 hrs. /shift) (Up to 2 hrs. /shift) (Up to 48 minutes/shift) JOB COMPETENCIES
Honesty / Integrity
- Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and writing clearly and concisely.
- Team Player
- Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals and work well in a team environment. Ability to recognize and show consideration for others.
- Problem Solving/Innovative
- Ability to find a creative solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Time Management
- Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines. WORK ENVIRONMENT: Inside, manufacturing environment WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, Monday – Friday, 2nd shift hours (3PM to 11PM) COMPENSATION: DOE, Machinist pay scale $20 - $30 + shift differential ELIGIBILITY & SELECTION Current employees with an interest in this position are encouraged to apply. Wilson Tool International supports promotion from within, whenever possible, to fill vacant positions. The company will establish job requirements/qualifications for all open positions. In addition, other factors such as time in current position (basic guideline is 2 years), department workload, and general business conditions will also determine eligibility. Wilson Tool is an EEO/AA employer: women, minorities, the disabled, and veterans are encouraged to apply. EEO is the Law: EEOC
Cell Engineering Manager
Equal Employment Opportunities The success of Coty depends on the quality of the workforce and its continuing commitment to the business. That means recruiting, retaining and developing the best available people in the community. Coty is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment by eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity by equally treating all of our employees and applicants for employment. Coty’s aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all areas of society and that each employee feels respected. Coty strives to ensure that the work environment is free of unlawful discrimination in employment and against customers and that everyone is treated with dignity and respect. The most effective deployment of people depends on:- • eliminating barriers • selecting and developing on merit • promoting equal opportunities To deploy the maintenance strategy as defined by the Maintenance Manager and engineering functions within the Production cell to ensure that optimum operation requirements are met. To manage the Production engineering function in a defined cell. To lead capital projects, manage engineering budgets and overhead costs, provide day-to-day engineering support and ensure skill levels are suitable for the business requirement.
To consistently maximise Environmental Health and Safety and Quality performance.
To assist the organisation in meeting the business supply requirements for customer service at lowest possible cost and specified quality.
As part of the production management team, you will improve efficiency and bring competitive advantage by leading and supporting continuous improvement projects.
Leading the OEE and TAL continuous improvement activity, you will gather and analyse associated data, lead root cause investigations and develop and implement action plans.
You will coach and train staff members in new processes.
You will also take ownership of new product introduction in the cell.
To ensure consistent and agreed engineering working methods are employed across the cell ensuring that all health and safety requirements are met. Develop effective relationships with suppliers influencing them to meet Coty’s needs and ensuring optimal value.
To respond effectively to all engineering activities, ensuring that they are documented in the maintenance system in a timely fashion. To ensure compliance to the policies within Coty, European and U.K legislation. Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S)
Through adherence to corporate Environmental Health and Safety policy, ensure all personnel in the Cells follow all policies and procedures relating to EH&S.
To ensure all visitors and contractors adhere to corporate Environmental Health and Safety practices.
All new assets are built in compliance with local risk assessment standards. In this area, represent the company regarding Environmental Health and Safety practices and principles at machine suppliers.
Ensure there is a robust machine risk assessment review programme for all assets.
Ensure the vigilant adherence to the RCM process within the Organisation.
Safety is a condition of employment & each employee has a responsibility for working safely and in accordance with all company policies & legislation. The role encompasses primary accountability for the prevention of accidents through the execution of pro-active safety management systems & techniques.
To lead all Safety related Investigations raised within the Cell.
Ensure all equipment is maintained on a scheduled basis and new equipment/tooling guarantees all products produced meet the required quality specification.
Lead engineering & process support for the continuous improvement of product quality.
Continuous support to the quality index and other quality initiatives assisting in all cell related quality RCI’s.
Learning and Development
Improve departmental performance by training, facilitating, coaching and mentoring staff members in continuous improvement activities.
Manage the team to ensure all employees receive the adequate training and development to cope with job evolution, change, business needs and personal development
Using the PMP process, carry out mid-year review and annual staff appraisal dealing with any staff related issues as they occur.
Define and execute the individual development plan (IDP) for each direct report. Participate in the development of all cell engineering functions and the Succession plan of the site
Engineering Practices Ensure through regular reviews with the Cell Manager & Maintenance Manager that consistent and agreed working methods are adopted in relation to:-
Engineering procedures and practices (EP program)
Oversee engineering stores inventory relevant to the cell and own the stores interface for that cell.
Act as the leader in projects or Lean events to support a culture of continuous improvement and wider participation.
Lead all NPD activities in area of responsibility, and inter-company pricing (where appropriate), in addition to documentation and control of machine adaptation and provision of machine set-up records.
Be a process ‘champion’ in specific lean tools and support the wider factory in related projects.
Undertake and manage all Master Data related activities in SAP for the cell.
Ownership of all Lean processes within the cell including OEE, TAL, visual management, 5S, SMED techniques, standard work, root cause analysis, mistake proofing, autonomous maintenance, value stream mapping, FMEA and all data capture, analysis and reporting activities.
To undertake the recruitment and interviewing for engineering related roles.
To participate in the Organisation’s robust program of continuous improvement which will ensure the manufacturing costs, quality of products and service levels are competitive.
Drive OEE improvement through SMED design and reduction of machine stoppages
To support all Lean Manufacturing activities
New Product Development
- Working in-conjunction with the Maintenance Manager, the Engineering Project Manager (NPD) and the Cell Managers, take ownership of the introduction of new products, identify new equipment and tooling requirements to ensure product quality, costs and launch dates are achieved.
In conjunction with the Engineering Project Manager (NPD), manage all allocated project work and capital investments to optimise the cost, efficiency and output of the factory.
Follow the CQV process, clean design guidelines and Coty Inc. financial policy and procedures.
Through adherence to the Asset control procedures ensure that all capital equipment is managed to the guidelines. EXPERIENCE / SKILLS / BEHAVIOURS
Ideally educated to Degree Level or equivalent with it being desirable to hold a recognised engineering qualification in an applicable discipline.
Previous experience within an FMCG or applicable production environment.
Proven ability to lead teams.
Working knowledge of TQM methodology and process management.
Working knowledge and understanding of production packing processes, filling and finishing techniques and industrialisation processes.
Proven skills and knowledge in Lean tools (visual management, 5S, SMED techniques, standard work, root cause analysis, mistake proofing, autonomous maintenance, value stream mapping, FMEA).
Good understanding of quality processes and measurements used.
Understanding of ISO relating to cGMP standards.
Possess Budget management knowledge
Strong PC skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Projects, Autocad.
Has a “customer orientated” philosophy and responds effectively to customer problems
Demonstrates a strong sense of individual accountability
Is autonomous, action-orientated and pragmatic
Can deal with or manage cross-functional resources
Carbide Cell Operator- 2Nd Shift
Carbide Cell Operator- 2nd Shift
Lincolnton, NC 28092, USA
Full-time Company Description Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology _ with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch. The Lincolnton, NC Conversion, Customizing and Packaging Center is located approximately 30 miles from Charlotte. The facility employs just under 200 full time associates in a 3-shift operation, which encompasses 235,000 sq ft. along with 12,000 skus. In addition to the conversion, customizing and packaging activities, abrasives are now a big part of our power tool accessory business. ISO certified, our associates engage in BPS, CIP and 5S . By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled Job Description This position will be responsible for operating Carbide Cells. This operation will include loading and unloading the machine, ensuring the correct order is being fulfilled, making machine parameter adjustments, identifying and assessing problems with the machine, and maintaining quality standards of the product. This position will require frequent mobility throughout different sections of the machine. An understanding of mechanics and machine components is needed. General computer knowledge, and the ability to learn new software programs are also needed. As a Carbide Cell Operator, maintaining a positive work environment, a clean and orderly area, and following appropriate safety procedures is expected. Qualifications
Ability to stand and be mobile for 8 hours
Proper hand dexterity
Ability to read and follow instructions
Ability to read and prepare orders
High understanding of machines and components
Computer and Software navigation ability
Ability to lift (up to) 40 lbs.
Math skills appropriate to a machining environment.
Able to read product prints and check product to match.
Proficient in the use of measuring devices such as Dial Indicators and Calipers.
Ability to safely use hand tools correctly. Additional Abilities
Setup machine using basic hand tools and measuring devices.
Transfer and load files.
Clean Blades and load Feed magazine.
Clean and maintain machine.
Identify and assess common problems with machine.
Understand proper product flow on machine.
Read and follow standard operating procedures pertaining to the Carbide Cells.
Understand and follow procedures pertaining to machine cleanliness and tool organization.
Read and fulfill correct orders.
Inspecting product for quality standards.
Understand root causes of quality issues.
Determine type and amount of adjustments to maintain product tolerances. Additional Information All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
FIRST Robotics(For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
AWIM(A World In Motion)
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!