Cementer Machine Joiner Job Description Sample
Machine Mechanic - 2Nd & 3Rd Shift - Transonic Wind Tunnel
|Calspan’s Subsonic, Transonic Wind Tunnel, is the only independently owned and operated wind tunnel in the United States. Our staff is known for its flexibility and responsiveness to our customer’s needs. Customers appreciate this approach, as it enables them in real time, to refine test programs. The Machine Mechanic will support the Transonic Wind Tunnel, located in Buffalo, New York.|
2nd Shift- 3:00 PM - 11:30 PM (5 days per week)
3rd Shift- 9:30 PM - 8:00 AM (4 days per week)
Due to the security requirements for this position, US Citizenship is required
Description for Machine Mechanic:
- Rig, move, install, repair, and retime a wide variety of machines, pumps, valves, compressors, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, etc.
- Clean and lubricate machinery, perform basic diagnostic tests, checking performance and test damaged machine parts to determine whether major repairs are necessary. Plan, layout, work from and study fairly complicated drawings and/or sketches.
- Prepare cement foundations, rig and position machines or equipment. Modify and set-up equipment for calibration testing.
- Analyze failures and remedy troubles quickly to prevent lost time. Detect problems and correct them. Maintain preventative maintenance logs.
- Perform a variety of construction and repair work, weld broken parts and fixtures. Disassemble equipment to repair or replace the necessary parts.
- Following standard safety procedures to prevent injury to self and others. Responsible for tools, machines, equipment, etc. used while performing work.
- High school graduate or equivalent (preferable from a vocational/technical school)
- 3-5 years of formal trades training
- Use hand and power tools as appropriate and repair small tools
- Use a variety of precision measuring instruments, such as rule, square, micrometer, level, speed indicator, etc.
- Shop mechanics and operation of machine tools
- Electronic and computer skills
- Mechanical aptitude, read blueprints
Machine Learning & Distributed Ledger Sr. Engineer
• Responsible for delivery in the areas of: data science/machine learning & Distributed Ledger including technology implementations and algorithm development
• Write software (in Python/R/Java) to extract, clean and manipulate large datasets both structured and unstructured
• Construct data staging layers and fast real-time systems to feed machine learning algorithms
• Review and independently test the effectiveness and accuracy of Image Analytics, NLP and machine learning models
• Utilize expertise in models that leverage the newest data sources, technologies, and tools, such as machine learning, Python, Hadoop, AWS, as well as other cutting-edge tools and applications for Machine Learning.
• Investigate the impact of new technologies, applications, and data sources on the future of secondary mortgage business
• Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new tools and paradigms to deploy cutting edge solutions.
• Develop both deployment architecture and scripts for automated system deployment in AWS
• Create large scale deployments using newly researched methodologies
• Work in Agile environment
• Experience mentoring junior engineers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science
• Comprehensive knowledge of modern statistical learning methods
• At least 5 years’ experience with machine learning and natural language processing
• At least 5 years’ experience with Distributed Ledger technologies
• 5+ years of experience working with AWS
• At least 5 years’ experience in Python (NumPy, SciPy, scikit-learn, pandas, Theras, Theano) and any other open source programming languages for large scale data analysis
• At least 7+ years’ experience in Java
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science
• 2+ years of experience working with financial data
• 5+ years of experience in Python (including NLP) for large scale data analysis
• 7+ years of experience with SQL & relational databases
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to work both independently and in project teams
CNC Machine Operator - 3Rd Shift
Must have previous CNC machine operating experience where you had to program or enter job specs into a computer terminal!
Starting Pay Rate: Up to $14/hour Depending on experience
Third shift works Sunday-Thursday 7:30pm to 6am; Friday 6pm to 11pm (48 to 53 hours/week).
- MUST have woodworking experience.
- Must be familiar with industrial table saw operation.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances
- Programs mills by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Experience with setting up and operating a CNC machine
- Ability to read and interpret documents, blueprints, write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to understand general programming
- Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts
- Demonstrates mechanical aptitude
- Experience with basic measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, surface plate checks and optical comparators
Leading manufacturer company in Harleysville, Pa has immediate openings in our plant. This is our only location & we are not affiliated with any other East Coast Metals company. Our operating shifts are Monday-Friday from 6:00am-4:30pm, or 7:00am-3:30pm with the option of occasional Saturday shifts from 6:00am-11:00am based on productivity and availability.
-Operates various machines in our facility
-Basic daily machine maintenance
-Perform quality control checks to ensure that product specifications are being met throughout course of production
-Basic computer skills
-Maintains accurate count of all parts on a job
-Communicate with Shop Manager and Inspection Manager about jobs and problems
-Ability to work with minimum supervisory guidance
-Observes all company policies and procedures, including safety rules, and maintains a clean and orderly work area
-Ability to read and interpret basic paperwork, drawings, and/or verbal instructions
We are always looking for individuals who are motivated, enthusiastic, and enjoy problem solving. Please send resume AND apply in-person. East Coast Metals is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Experience with machines listed below is
-Brow & Sharp Automatics
-Landis Cut Threaders
-Air & Hydraulic Benders
-Lewis Wire Straighteners
-Kinefac Thread Rollers
-Miyano BNC-34C Machine Center
Rate of pay is dependent on amount of experience and overall knowledge of machines. We offer medical, dental, & life insurance as well as paid vacations & holidays to all employees after initial start period.
Startup / Rapid Growth / Sr. Java Engineer / Machine Learning & AI
When we partner with talent, we learn not just your skills and background, but the many layers of your spirit – your life aspirations, your career goals, and how you find a sense of purpose. After we map out how to make your ideal life your real life, we find the team that can take you there.
If the description below sounds like a great fit and if you're looking for fresh experience with your job search, then we encourage you to reach out to discuss what the right path for you is.
Salary: Competitive / DOE
We are seeking Senior level Java Engineers to help a high growth startup build next-generation application monitoring services that utilize next generation AI and extensive machine learning.
The work involved includes working on distributed systems/micro-services, and complex back-end development using Java 8, JVM, and or scala. While the majority focus is backend, Knowledge of UI and frontend: (ES6, React, D3.js) are a significant added benefit.
In addition, there will be numerous complex and interesting projects to work on that can vary from big data, web UI, and building applications with challenging and extensive technical requirements.
Proficient in Java 8, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
Advanced knowledge in multi-threading
Solid understanding of object-oriented programming & CS fundamentals
Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
Java large scale distributed systems/databases and large scale event processing
Proper understanding of algorithms and data structure
Skill for writing reusable Java libraries
Knowledge of concurrency patterns in Java
Familiarity with concepts of MVC, JDBC, and RESTful
Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
Basic understanding of the class loading mechanism in Java
Basic understanding of JVM, its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
Familiarity with continuous integration
Kudos and bonus points for experience with Reactor, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS Cassandra, and or Redis
Also, Kudos for solid knowlege of UI and frontend i.E., (ES6, React, D3.js)
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS PROVIDED
Foam Machine Operators
We offer great benefits including:
Quarterly bonuses based on profitability
- Ownership in the company through our ESOP plan
- Outstanding health and dental insurance
- On-site wellness facility (basketball court, spin bikes, treadmills, weights and more!)
- Closed Sundays
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply today!
People who succeed at Royal are those who share the values of our company: Integrity. Stewardship. Teamwork. Hard work. Excellence.
We're committed to being the employer of choice. Our goal is to build a culture of commitment where everyone is respected and valued. Where everyone participates. Where everyone matters. We give our employees the responsibility -- and the authority -- to make decisions. We try to provide the best possible work environment. We encourage creativity. We applaud ingenuity. We reward problem solving. And we recognize that we are only a part of our employees' lives. Our culture embraces the family. We celebrate accomplishments -- both inside the workplace and out. We aim to replicate the family structure on the manufacturing floor by establishing work teams committed to one another -- and to our customers.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply today! Royal offers a competitive wage and benefit package - including quarterly bonuses based on profitability, outstanding health insurance, ownership in the company through our ESOP (retirement) plan, and much more.
Software Engineer Co-Op, Machine Learning - Spring Semester
Candidate is expected to work 40 hours a week for Spring semester.
- Assist with the design and implementation of the following:
- End-to-end pipeline for annotation, training and deployment of machine learning algorithms
- Services and dashboards for training progress and validation metrics
- Crowdsourcing pipelines for collecting internal and external annotations
- Participate in the design, development, evaluation, deployment and updating of data-driven models and analytical solutions for machine learning (ML) applications
- Work with product owners and customers on understanding their learning applications, assisting with integration and providing ML expertise
- Produce high quality code that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration
- Conduct technical investigations and prototyping in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Candidate must be currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 0-2 years of machine learning experience
- Previous software development experience
- Experience in the following areas:
- Computer vision and machine learning
- Image processing
- Creating clean C++ code
- Object-oriented design
- Rapid development and prototyping in Python
- GPU compute
- Familiarity with at least one of the following, or similar platforms:
- MXNet, Caffe, TensorFlow, Keras, Torch, Dlib, scikit-learn
Mechanical Machine Design Engineer - SC
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Four + years of experience with automated equipment
- Must have experience designing custom machines
- Excellent interpersonal skills involving ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environments
- Experienced with solid modeling software. SolidWorks is preferred.
- Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficient in both Microsoft Excel and Word
- Will be able to work effectively with minimal oversight.
- Must work well with clients and coworkers.
- Must be able to travel – job will require some out of town work typically in the southeast but also internationally for customer support and project installations - 1- 2 overnights a month typically
- Design of highly varied types of mechanical systems, including fixtures, machining, assembly, part feeding, part handling, welding, dispensing, testing, measuring, etc. utilized in automated equipment for a wide range of manufacturing customers.
- Production of detailed drawings and specification of purchased parts, and development of the Bill of Material.
- Analysis of mechanical systems, including Finite Element analysis
- Interfacing with outside vendors for component selection, manufacturing, and assembly.
- Leading assembly, testing and onsite startup. Debugging of machine to meet customer quality and cycle time requirements.
- Pneumatics and servo controlled assembly design.
- Design/programming of control systems for automated equipment, including work with PLC’s, servo motion, robotics, machine vision, etc.
- Concept development based on customer specification. Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications
- Ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
Job Title: New Hire
We currently have openings for production workers at our Cedar Rapids, Iowa manufacturing facility located at 920 Shaver Rd NE. This container plant manufactures corrugated packaging products for local and national customers.
We are looking for motivated individuals, who are capable of performing a multitude of functions in a flexible, fast-paced production environment. Our workplace requires individuals who understand the needs of the business while maintaining a focus on cleanliness and safety, customer satisfaction, quality and productivity.
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Safely, operating machinery
The ability to practice good housekeeping
Reading factory orders
Setting up orders, which may include carrying tooling (i.e. ink buckets, print dies and cutting dies) to a machine center.
Utilizing basic shop math such as: accurately reading tape measures, gauges and other testing equipment.
Consistent quality and count inspection of a product.
Accurately completing quality and administrative document checks to ensure specific directions are followed.
Candidates must have the ability to work overtime as they are needed.
Applicants must have a stable work history, good attendance record, positive attitude and a desire to produce quality work as part of a team:
Preferred qualifications for consideration are a high school degree (or G.E.D.), and two years of work experience in a manufacturing environment with at least one year with the same employer.
Highly-qualified candidates would possess manufacturing experience in the corrugated industry.
The hiring process for successful candidates will include a pre-employment test and team interview, background check and a health/drug screen.
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities.
This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success.
We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
$17.51 - $21.62
We currently have a 2nd shift (2-pm-10pm) – Monday-Friday) opening for an experienced production operator at our Aurora Box facility. This facility manufactures corrugated packaging for local and national customers.
Benefits of working at International Paper Aurora include but are not limited to the following: Starting pay at $17.51/hour with pay increases at 3,6,9 and 12 months with the possibility of earning $21.62 at one year of employment.
Candidates with 1 or more years of experience in a corrugated manufacturing facility may be considered highly qualified and could be eligible for pay increases sooner. In addition, there is a shift premium for working 2nd shift equaling >$500/year. Possible annual bonuses based on the plants overall performance which could be as high as $600.There are many other benefits including company matching savings plan, health, dental, life insurance and one-week vacation after six months followed by two weeks at one year.
We are looking for motivated individuals who are capable of performing a multitude of functions in a flexible fast-paced production environment. Our workplace requires individuals who understand and maintain a focus on safety, customer satisfaction, quality and productivity.
On the job training will be provided to all employees for at least the following list of responsibilities: Safe manufacturing work procedures, operating machines, reading factory orders, accurately reading tape measures, gauges and other test equipment, stacking product, accurately completing quality and administrative documents and following directions.
Candidates must be willing to work 2nd shift and have the flexibility to work 4hrs overtime before or after their normal shift. Saturday night shifts are required depending on business needs.
Minimum qualifications for consideration are two years of work experience in a manufacturing environment with at least one year with the same employer. Highly-qualified candidates would possess manufacturing experience in the Corrugated industry.
The hiring process for qualified candidates will include a pre-employment aptitude test and panel interview. All offers of employment are contingent upon successful drug screen, health assessment and background check. Multiple visits will be required to complete this process.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!