Certified Medication Technician Job Description Sample
Certified Medication Technician
Pharr, TX 78577
United StatesBase Pay$10.00-$12.00 / YearEmployee TypeNon-Exempt PTJob CategoryResident CareMinimum Experience2 YearsMaximum Experience5 Years
Job Title: Certified Medication TechnicianFLSA Status: Hourly, non-exemptOVERALL JOB PURPOSE
The primary responsibility of this position is to administer medications to residents and assist with other aspects of their daily care and routine.MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma / GED
- Successful completion of state certified medication aide/tech course
- Six months of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience working with older adults preferred
- Administers and accurately records the administration of medications for residents as prescribed by the physician in accordance with established policies and procedures of Sunshine Retirement Living and applicable state/federal regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (in English), both verbally and in writing, with residents and staff.
- Meet state related requirements (if applicable to position).
- Ability to work in a team setting and be a team player.
- Maintain a positive, respectful, and professional approach with coworkers and residents.
- Possess excellent customer and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under time constraints with little supervision and meet department deadlines.
- Provide residents with medication administration and treatment assistance according to health care providers orders
- Educate and supervise residents who self-administer medication such as subcutaneous and oral
- Maintain awareness of medication interactions and side effects
- Monitor health, safety, and well-being of the residents. Report any changes in residents physical condition and/or behavior to Resident Services Director
- Maintain resident records regarding medication distribution, leisure activities, incidents, and observations
- Properly store medications and equipment and keeps the medication room clean and orderly. Ensures Prescription label and storage procedures meet state standard.
- Assist with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, and eating
- Encourage and/or remind residents to participate in activities. Promote activities to enthusiastically to pique residents interest.
- Assist in keeping the environment safe for residents
- Respond to resident emergencies; provide first aid assistance
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Perform all work assigned for the agreed-upon salary, accepting no additional payment or non-perishable gifts from residents, vendors, Community Management, or others.
- Meet the assigned work requirements of the job. Regular attendance is required.
- Serve as a role model for all employees by displaying a responsible, cooperative, and positive attitude.
- Represent the Community in a professional, courteous, and friendly manner.
- Adhere to dress/appearance code. Changes in attire may be dictated by special occasion or weather conditions. If you have questions, check with your supervisor.
- Adhere to and follow company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Promote resident advocacy and demonstrate excellent customer service at all times.
- Maintain personnel, resident and business proprietary and/or confidential matters/material in strict confidence with management of the company (and/or other company staff as needed).
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
20% or less
20% to 40%
40% to 60%
60% to 80%
80% to 100%
Pushing, pulling and/or reaching
Grasping and fine manipulation
Climb or balance
Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
Talk or hear
Taste or smell
Lifts Weight or Exerts Force
20% or less
20% to 40%
40% to 60%
60% to 80%
80% to 100%
Up to 10 pounds
Up to 25 pounds
Up to 50 pounds
Up to 100 pounds
More than 100 pounds
The Community reserves the right to revise the duties set forth in this job description at its discretion.
Sunshine Retirement Living manages 21 retirement communities in seven states, offering senior apartments, independent living, assisted living and memory care. Our mission is to be the preferred senior living provider offering value, choice and independence while promoting health and social interactions, to exceed our residents expectations and to enrich the lives of those we serve and employ.
Certified Medication Technician (Cmt)
Job Title: Certified Medication Tech
Job Location: Provision Living at Columbia
Job Status: Part time
Reports To: Director of Nursing
Provision Living, LLC, is a growing premier operator in senior housing properties, specifically focusing on assisted living and memory care. The company is based in St. Louis, MO with operations in several states. For us, it’s All About Living Your Passion! From our residents, to our associates, to the greater communities we serve, Provision Living’s aim is to maximize the potential of every life we touch and we do so by living into our vision of creating a radiant organization where our residents and our employees are loved, inspired and able to thrive. If you share this vision, and have a compassion for and a desire to work with seniors, we are seeking a CMT to support our community in
11p - 7a
As the CMT, reporting directly to the Director of Nursing, you will provide support, direct care, and administer prescribed medications to the residents in accordance with Federal, State and Local regulations.
- Administer prescribed medications to patients and maintain related medical records under immediate supervision of the nurse on duty
- Verify identity of patient receiving medication and records name of drug, dosage, and time of administration on specific forms or records
- Take vital signs or observe patient to detect response to specified types of medications, and prepare report or notify designated personnel of unexpected reaction
- Present medication to patient and observe ingestion or other application, or administer medication, using specified procedures
- Document reason prescribed drugs are not administered
- Provide direct patient care, such as bathing, dressing, and feeding patients, and assisting in examination and treatments.
- Receive supply of ordered medications and apportion, mix, or assemble drugs for administration to patient
- Ensure that all medication is kept in a secure location at all times
- Follow the Rights of Medication Administration at all times
- Record and restock medication inventory
- Other duties as assigned
Some shift supervision
- Must have current state Certified Medication Technician and Certified Nurse Assistant certification
- Ideal to have some experience in a senior care community with proven leadership and organizational skills
- Great communication and interpersonal skills are required along with the heart and passion to work with older adults while providing the best care possible
- Must have the ability to remain calm in stressful situations, to be flexible, to work well with many interruptions and have skill in multi-tasking
- Respect for the principles of resident rights and confidentiality
- Must possess a general knowledge of laws and restrictions regarding Assisted Living, Memory Care and Independent Living (where applicable), as well as a solid understanding of opportunities and limits of other levels of care within senior living
- Must exhibit and promote a high level of customer service, hospitality, curiosity and friendliness toward all residents, visitors, associates and the overall community
- Knowledge and ability to use Internet Explorer, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word applications
Education and/or Experience:
- CMT certification, required
- CNA certification, required
- 2-4 years of previous experience, preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, preferred
Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs, bend, maintain stationary position, move freely, operate equipment, ascend/descend freely, and position self to reach equipment above or below normal standing height.
Benefits & Compensation:
We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, employee assistance program, and employer paid basic life and AD&D insurance.
Certified Medication Technician
Are you a certified Med Tech/Caregiver? Avista Senior Living currently have open positions for experienced Med Techs to fill our 10-6am shifts.
Experience in Assisted Living and Memory Care strongly preferred.
- Provide residents with medication administration and treatment assistance and services according to the health care provider's orders
- Supervise residents who self-administrator medication while following company and regulatory guidelines
- Report any changes in residents' physical condition and/or behaviors
- Maintain resident records regarding medication distribution, leisure activities, incidents and observations
Mandatory requirements are:
- current CPR and First aid
- FP clearance card
- food handlers card
- current TB or CXR
- 3 references, one professional reference
- valid caregivers certificate with directed,personal, and supervisory care.
Please reply to this e mail with your cover letter, resume and attached credentials.
Or please bring your credentials when you stop by to see our community and fill out an application. We look forward to meeting with you soon!
Certified Medication Technician Nursing Assistant
Pinnacle Treatment Centers is a leading comprehensive provider of substance abuse treatment services to individuals that are addicted to drugs and / or alcohol. Founded in 2006, the Company has grown into an organization that operates over 30 substance abuse treatment facilities in five states.
Pinnacle treats over 10,000 people daily and provides a full continuum of care, including detoxification, residential, outpatient, and transitional living programs. Treatment includes treating the individual’s physical, spiritual, emotional, and psychological selves. Pinnacle is CARF accredited and all locations include physicians, nurses, clinicians, administrative, and support staff. We are currently seeking a Nursing Assistant with a certification in medication managementto join our team in Elizabethtown, KY.
Handling and serving residents in a manner conducive to their safety and comfort. Adhere to instructions issued by the Director of Nursing and/or Physician. Provide maximum resident care services within limits defined by delegated tasks.
1. Assist Director of Nursing and/or Physician by performing administrative duties and handling basic medical tasks.
2. Assist RN/LPN with all new admissions to include:
- Daily Doctor’s list
- Labs for review by physician
- Appointments for history & physicals
- Pharmacy problems and ordering
- Renewing of medications
- Search and shower
- Collection of specimens
- Dispense medication to residents (Candidates with CMM/MTC Only)
3. Assist physician when making rounds; obtain each client medical records to be available for doctor.
4. Answering of phones.
5. Monitor clients for diversion during medication administration.
6. Assist clients with self-administration of medications and PRNs.
7. Assist with nursing groups, recovery groups.
8. Accompany and/or transport for medication administration or internal MD appointments.
9. Collection of urine and other specimens for instant drug testing, pregnancy testing or any other test requested by MD.
10. Maintaining medical equipment, greeting patients, filing, scanning and attaching of all medical records and correspondence, typing of letters.
11. Responsible for keeping medical records up to date and handling insurance forms and pre-authorization forms.
12. Arrange for laboratory tests and all outside appointments.
13. Prepare laboratory slips for lab tests and arrange ultrasound and x-rays appointments.
14. Other duties as assigned by the Director of Nursing.
Education and Training Requirements
1) High School diploma
2) Certified Nurse’s Aide or Medical Assistant Certificate (Preference to candidates possessing a Medication Technician Certificate or Certification in Medication Management)
3) Computer skills
4) Minimum of 1 year experience; Experience in a substance/psychiatric setting, preferred
Pinnacle Treatment Centers, Inc. maintains a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
Certified Medication Technician
* Provide residents with medication administration and treatment assistance and services according to the health care provider's orders
* Supervise residents who self-administer medication while following company and regulatory guidelines
* Report any changes in residents' physical condition and/or behaviors
* Maintain resident records regarding medication distribution, leisure activities, incidents and observations
Required skills and qualifications:
* High school diploma or GED
* Successful completion of state certified medication aide/tech course
* One year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Previous experience working directly with older adults preferred
* Flexible schedule, including availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
* Must enjoy working with the senior population
Please visit our location to complete an application or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
•Assisted Living — We work closely with each resident who requires some assistance with daily activities and their family to create a personalized plan tailored for their specific needs. This is on top of our many opportunities for residents to stay active and social.
•Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care – Our state-of-the-art Clare Bridge Program employs the latest research plus the knowledge base and experience of the largest provider of Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care in the nation. Our programs can help your loved one maintain their mental functions, be more engaged with the world and enjoy the satisfaction and dignity of daily moments of success.
Certified Medication Technician
Certified Medication Tech (CMT)
- The overall purpose of the Certified Medication Tech (CMT) position is to administer oral and topical medications to residents.
- This individual must perform these tasks as ordered by a physician, under the supervision of a licensed nurse, and in accordance with state and federal rules and regulations.
- Must perform routine daily tasks required in maintaining the health, comfort and well-being of the residents.
Certified Medication Tech (CMT)
- CMT Certification
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
Certified Medication Tech (CMT) Duties and
- Performs resident care responsibilities in a manner conducive to their safety and comfort consistent with MGM Healthcare Clinical Policies and Procedures as well as state/federal guidelines and regulations.
- Administers medications as ordered by a physician under the supervision of a licensed nurse, in accordance with any state and federal regulations and consistent with facility policy.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of “five rights” of medication administration. Administers and records all medication given to residents' based upon their specific chart.
- Notifies appropriate licensed staff when a resident complains of pain.
- May take and record vital signs of residents as assigned or as may be required by certain medications.
- Records the administration of medications and/or treatments appropriately, utilizing the computer system to enter and reference resident information as needed.
- Answers resident call lights, anticipates resident's needs and makes rounds to assigned resident under the supervision of a licensed nurse or charge nurse on the shift.
- Observes for and reports any reactions and/or side effects of medications to a licensed nurse on the appropriate shift.
- Performs all aspects of resident care in an environment that optimizes resident safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Support and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
- Administers PRN medications in accordance with state and federal regulations and consistent with facility policy.
- Reports and when appropriate, records any changes observed in condition or behavior of residents and unusual incidents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
For inquiries please contact:
St. Sophia Health and Rehabilitation Center
936 Charbonier Road
Florissant, Mo 63031
MGM Healthcare provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to employees’ legally-protected characteristics (“protected class”) including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.
Certified Medication Technician
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE The primary responsibility of this position is to administer medications to residents and assist with other aspects of their daily care and routine. MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS High School Diploma / GED Successful completion of state certified medication aide/tech course Six months of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience Previous experience working with older adults preferred Administers and accurately records the administration of medications for residents as prescribed by the physician in accordance with established policies and procedures of Sunshine Retirement Living and applicable state/federal regulations.
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (in English), both verbally and in writing, with residents and staff. Meet state related requirements (if applicable to position). Ability to work in a team setting and be a team player. Maintain a positive, respectful, and professional approach with coworkers and residents.
Possess excellent customer and organizational skills. Ability to work under time constraints with little supervision and meet department deadlines. ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Provide residents with medication administration and treatment assistance according to health care provider s orders Educate and supervise residents who self-administer medication such as subcutaneous and oral Maintain awareness of medication interactions and side effects Monitor health, safety, and well-being of the residents.
Report any changes in resident s physical condition and/or behavior to Resident Services Director Maintain resident records regarding medication distribution, leisure activities, incidents, and observations Properly store medications and equipment and keeps the medication room clean and orderly. Ensures Prescription label and storage procedures meet state standard. Assist with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, and eating Encourage and/or remind residents to participate in activities.
Promote activities to enthusiastically to pique residents interest. Assist in keeping the environment safe for residents Respond to resident emergencies; provide first aid assistance Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor OTHER JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Perform all work assigned for the agreed-upon salary, accepting no additional payment or non-perishable gifts from residents, vendors, Community Management, or others. Meet the assigned work requirements of the job.
Regular attendance is required. Serve as a role model for all employees by displaying a responsible, cooperative, and positive attitude. Represent the Community in a professional, courteous, and friendly manner.
Adhere to dress/appearance code. Changes in attire may be dictated by special occasion or weather conditions. If you have questions, check with your supervisor.
Adhere to and follow company policies, procedures, and standards. Promote resident advocacy and demonstrate excellent customer service at all times. Maintain personnel, resident and business proprietary and/or confidential matters/material in strict confidence with management of the company (and/or other company staff as needed). PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Physical Demands and Work Environment The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Certified Medication Technician
Overview Make a Difference in our Residents' Lives! We are seeking a Certified Medication Aide that has a passion for providing the highest quality of care with compassion and integrity! We live our Core Values of Integrity, Excellence, Compassion, and Teamwork & Stewardship every day with every life we touch, providing exceptional healthcare and exceeding expectations. If these are your values as well, APPLY NOW!
Work under the supervision of a licensed vocational nurse or a registered professional nurse to perform the following duties:
After authorization by the facility’s licensed nurse or the resident’s treating physician, administers PRN medications.
Organizes assigned medication duties to pour, pass, and document all routine prescribed medications and to give PRN medication only upon the instruction of the licensed nurse.
Must document all PRN’s according to State Standards in all areas of the chart.
Observe and report to the facility’s charge licensed nurse reactions and side effects of medication commonly administered to nursing facility’s residents.
Take and record vital signs prior to administration of medications which could affect or change the vital signs.
Administer and document regularly prescribed medications which the medication aide is permitted to administer only after personally preparing (setting up) of those medications to be administered. Document the medications given in the resident’s clinical record.
Administer oxygen per nasal channel or a non-sealing face mask only in an emergency. Immediately after the emergency, the medication aide shall verbally notify the licensed nurse on duty or on call and appropriately document the activity and notification.
At discretion of charge nurse, count narcotics, give all routine prescribed narcotics, and document same on individual sheet and medication sheet.
Must have successfully completed state approved school of medication administration.
Must carry current acknowledgment card or certification issued by state agency.
Must be willing to abide by restrictions placed on his/her job by state agency.
Must be a certified nursing assistant.
Location NameSedgwick Nursing & Rehab Center
Address712 North Monroe Ave
Certified Medication Technician
CERTIFIED MEDICATION TECHNICIANChesterfield, MOAPPLY NOW CERTIFIED MEDICATION TECHNICIANThe Westchester House Position type:Full-time Position SummaryThe CERTIFIED MEDICATION TECHNICIAN delivers quality care to patients during the admission and readmission process in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards. Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
Must be a graduate of a State-approved CNA program
Must be currently registered/licensed in applicable State. Must maintain an active license in good standing throughout employment.
One (1) year geriatric nursing experience preferred
Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtain during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.
Must have successfully completed a State-approved program and exam for Certified Medication Aide Specific Job Requirements
Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post-acute care facility
Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: medication responsibilities,, direct patient care, patient rights, and safety and sanitation
Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care'sCode of Conductand completes mandatory
Code of Conductand other appropriate compliance training Essential Functions
Must be able to accurately and safely prepare, administer, store, and document the oral and/or topical medications that are commonly used in the facility as well as those which may be ordered by the attending physician
Must be able to assist in developing and implementing procedures to assess potential medication errors; when, where, and why they occur; and how they can be prevented.
Must be able to report medication errors immediately.
Must be able to ensure that no medication is administered without a written, signed, and dated order from an attending physician
Must be able to chart appropriately and in a timely manner
Must be able to perform CNA functions as directed by supervisor
Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients
Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language Benefits for Full-Time Associates
medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability coverage + 401(k)
paid vacation, sick days and holidays For more information on our location, visit us athttp://thewestchesterhouse.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer LCAD 102188 Chesterfield, MO APPLY NOW
Certified Medication Technician (Cmt) / Providence Park / FT Day
Job ID: 196319
Certified Medication Technician (CMT) / Providence Park / FT Day
Additional Job Information
- Medication Cert
Department: 3RD FL INTERMEDIATE
Additional Job Details: Full-Time, Day, 40 hours, Weekly
Job Summary: The Technician
- Medication Cert administers prescribed medications to patients under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse (LPN)/(LVN) and maintains related medical records.
Presents medication to patient and observes ingestion or administers medication using specified procedures.
Takes vital signs or observes patient to detect response to medication, and reports reactions.
Restocks medication inventories.
May provide direct patient care.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Certified Aide Medication Aide specializing in Medication credentialed from the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
HS or Equivalent
Graduate of an accredited Medication Technician program
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous CMA experience preferred.
How To Apply To Find your Place, visit www.providencejobswaco.com For questions or assistance with completing the online application, please contact Ascension candidate care at 855-778-6037.
Note: If this job opening falls within the Nursing, Nursing Support, or Frontline Supervisor job families, in order to be considered for this job opening you will be required to complete an online fit assessment and satisfy all other job requirements. Details on completing the assessment will be emailed to you one business day after your completed application has been submitted.
Equal Employment Opportunity Providence Healthcare Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M/F/D/V). A mission of
compassion . A vision of
excellence . Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!